Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakyvideoguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#287 2 years ago

#63 Invoiced and paid.

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Has anyone gotten shipping dates on this last round of invoices paid last week?

Nothing yet for #63.

#612 2 years ago

#63 out for delivery

10/1 Butter/No Butter Email
10/14 Invoice
10/25 Shipped
10/28 Delivered to PA

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from freakyvideoguy:

#63 out for delivery
10/1 Butter/No Butter Email
10/14 Invoice
10/25 Shipped
10/28 Delivered to PA

The Night He Came Home
image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg

#769 2 years ago

I was able to perform the update with no issues as well, used a 32GB Samsung flash drive.

#901 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think we are adding a ton of things from a really great variety of peoples suggestions! I also think the game is way better than OK already!

#63 checking in here. Totally agree, I love the game so far, and the code update from Halloween just cements that even more. I have more more confidence then ever that this is going to be a homerun. If you bought this game because you love the theme (grail theme for me) and weren't looking for a quick flip, I would say you have nothing to worry about. If you are still feeling nervous, try to find it on location and give it a play and I'm sure you'll walk away feeling the same.

image2 (1) (resized).jpegimage2 (1) (resized).jpeg
#957 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Thanks. Sent E-mail.
Finally got new update on my machine and what a difference.
Great job guys. It is really pulling together.
Anybody trying to sell without playing first is a fool.

This is exactly why I felt the need to chime in. Too much negativity in here.

4 weeks later
#1684 2 years ago

Looks like 1.04 is live on the website (Game Support) updated with no issues. Already noticed some fixes and new dialogue "Rip those spinners!"

#1870 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Were you playing on 1.04 or 1.04a?
In Death in the Driver's Seat, my right orbit isn't registering. I saw yours was. Did a switch test and seems fine. I am on 1.04.

So I was noticing it more on my left orbit, the conclusion I've come to is for the left orbit to register it has to hit the left orbit switch, then the right orbit switch, opposite for the right orbit. If I get a clean shot it hits both no problems, if I catch the left orbit weak off of a back hand shot it will hit the left orbit switch, then miss the right orbit switch as it loops around and not register.

#1892 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think this was a concern actually. In one of the of pics posted of the PF, it looks like the switch is off center. I'll see if I can find the pic. Was hoping this was something that would possibly be corrected.

Reporting back, I adjusted the switch last night to be much more sensitive so it requires very little pressure to activate and things are playing much better now.

#1894 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Being new to pinball owning, what is the adjustment I need to make? If too much to type out, I can research on my own.

I bent the wire close to the actuator on the switch upwards a little bit, this will cause the actuator that hits the cherry switch to sit closer to the switch, i.e. less pressure needed on the switch to trigger it. You may need to make a few other adjustments as well to make sure it's not sticking in the cut out after doing this. Rolling the ball around at different speeds and such in the switch test will help you get it dialed in.

1 month later
#2460 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

But I do agree that an email updating me regarding my "backorder CE shooterS" would give me warm and fuzzies.

I agree, this would be awesome.

#2465 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

To be honest, the original black shooter rod shoots better to the touch. The knife shooter rod is awkward and you have to put the handle straight all the time.

Can I buy yours off you

Seriously though how long ago did you get yours? I'm #63 and I saw you're #61 so I would think we should have gotten them at around the same time

#2467 2 years ago

I would like to know if spooky is shipping the shooters out in order of machine number, or just based on whoever emails. If it was at least in machine order, then people could chime in and the rest of us could get a little transparency on when to expect ours, just like the machines themselves.

#2469 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I got it about 3 weeks ago. They have been really good to me.
They posted a Facebook shot of games on the line around the time mine should be on there I was guessing. I posted which one was mine as a joke and they responded in the post with a close up pick of mine with the order sheet and my name taped to it on the line. It was pretty awesome.

That's unfortunate for me I guess. They took care of me with some parts about 2 weeks back, but the shooter rod was not included.

#2515 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There are several boxes going out.

Hope #63 made the cut

#2539 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can someone give a simple explanation as to why the shooters weren't sent out in order of game recieved? Seems like a simple task, its all on record. Print labels, box em up, send em out.

This! I just wish there would have been a clear process, then they could have been tracked like the games, no-one waiting feels upset or left out, no-one at spooky gets bugged repeatedly about it, etc. I totally understand installing them on the new games, that just makes sense. Anyways I emailed spooky and I was told mine would go out today or tomorrow, so here's hoping they are clearing that backlog in full and this all ends shortly and everyone is happy and we can move on to discussing the game again.

#ShooterWatch2022

3 weeks later
#3243 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Wow…this s#it is unbelievable. A terrible review from someone who doesn’t even know that Halloween is a film. If any of you like this game I suggest you go give it an honest review. Otherwise HWN is about to go down the pinside trash shoot due to a couple of nimrods.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't worry I'm sure everyone who is complaining about the code (some of these based on 1.0) will go back and edit their reviews when the code is finished

2 months later
#4850 2 years ago

House mod installed! Easy install and looks great.

6FD33BE0-F069-42B2-9BD4-A082E2131F2A (resized).jpeg6FD33BE0-F069-42B2-9BD4-A082E2131F2A (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#6399 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Not sure if it’s normal but my game’s callout are insanely loud ( I have to turn the volume down to like 2 or three bars to tolerate it). Music is very quiet, but the noise when a ball is saved is also really loud compared to other sound effects. I haven’t seen anyone mention it so I was guessing the amp settings on mine are just turned too high but I keep forgetting to look when I’ve had the playfield up (can’t see the knobs from the coin door). It would be nice to be able to adjust music, callout, and sound effects volume attenuation through menu options.

Same issue over here, I just assumed it was a code issue with the assets.

#6400 1 year ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

We were getting 100% rejects on the scoop and it was insanely frustrating.
Made this scoop hood from PETG and the majority of direct shots from the flipper now actually go in the scoop [quoted image][quoted image]

I'd be interested in this too if you did a small run!

2 months later
#8315 1 year ago

Hey Guys! Got a code question for you, has anyone been able to get the extra ball to award on replay score when the game is on freeplay? I'm definitely exceeding the score, but have never seen it awarded. Guessing it's either a bug or just not implemented yet (or maybe won't be for freeplay?)

#8317 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Have you put it on coin play and tested with the glass off to see if it awards in that mode? Perhaps it is a bug that affects both?

I have, I wasn't able to get it to activate there either.

#8325 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Could be a bug then. So this is a setting where you choose extra ball instead of a credit, at a replay threshold? Just making sure since I haven't been into those options. Does the knocker go off when the score has been reached?

Yup that’s correct, set to extra ball instead of credit. I did not hear a knocker, I tried it with the default 10mil value, but then minimum replay was set to 25 mil so I bumped it to that and still no difference. Mainly just asking to see if maybe I have something setup wrong.

3 months later
#11572 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

They didn't remove the sanitarium floating head animation? boooo
Rest sounds good

I second this, if there was one thing I could change about the presentation it would be this. It just feels so out of place with everything else.

4 months later
#13933 11 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

You do not have to remove the upper playfields but you do have to gain access to and remove a couple of screws that will then allow you to lift the front of each playfield up about an inch or so. This will give you better access to those two mounting posts under the Sanitarium playfield.
I will have a newly designed ball deflector guard available within a week or so to replace that poorly-designed and weak OEM shield. New hardware and detailed instructions on how to swap out that shield will be provided.[quoted image][quoted image]

Please add me to the list as well

2 months later
#15051 9 months ago

I just wanted to take a minute to thank m4tt and the rest of the Spooky Crew. I resisted updating to 1.11 simply because of the speaker colors (wanted to keep it Halloween atmosphere) so after doing the update this morning, this is my first time seeing all the 1.11 work and all the new polish and I am just blown away. I have had this game from the beginning (#63) and to see where it was when I first got it vs today is just incredible. Looking forward to more to come and I truly believe this game is going to be bolted to a lot of peoples floors when all is said and done. (It was a grail theme for me so it was never leaving).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freakyvideoguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=freakyvideoguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.