IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

#52 in its home. Still missing the knife plunger
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It’s such a good looking pin. I’m at the back of the line on a CE, but patiently waiting. These pics help me know I’m getting a banger of a pin

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

GNR is horrible. Played it again today at my local arcade. On looks it’s worth the money, but playing it definitely not worth it. Halloween all the way and I have not watched the movie yet, but I will. Born in 1971. Was never a horror fan but my wife and daughters are and want this pin. I am really excited for it. #481

I’ve got both on order. GnR is an amazing pin, if you don’t get an adrenaline rush playing that pin, you don’t have a pulse.

1 week later
#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Already changed the ramp design! Just got the new one done this week. Email service and we will get you a new one!
It was a flat out bad design on my end. Rookie mistake. Guys I can't over state how easy it is to just get ahold of us and we will help you. No need to get upset. 9/10 times we can get anything sorted right away.

The benefits of having a CE in the 900’s!! All the kinks will be worked out by then. This pin looks badass, I can’t wait!!

#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

And my game play count on mine will be in the 900's to by then..

Haha. True. This game looks so fun, will be my first Spooky. Very exciting

1 month later
#1887 2 years ago

God this pin looks so good...I can't wait to get mine.

How's gameplay for those that have had it for a few weeks now?

1 month later
#2760 2 years ago

I can't wait to get my CE, still going to be awhile for me...How's the new code?

2 weeks later
#3132 2 years ago

At What rate do you guys think these are shipping out?

50 per month?

I’m #930, hoping I get it by Halloween. But in no rush, just curious

#3135 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

We are close at 920. I am hoping by Halloween 2022 and am confident most issues will be ironed out by then.

Agreed. I’m so pumped for this pin. It looks absolutely beautiful

5 months later
#7024 1 year ago

I'm #930 and hoping I get the email from PinballStar soon that it will be ready to ship.

My question is Butter Cab or No Butter Cab? Is it worth the 1k?

1 month later
#8433 1 year ago

Just got my CE delivered today; love it so far.

Question: There wasn't a steak knife in my shooter lane, is it stored somewhere in the cabinet?

#8440 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That's weird. Should be installed already.

Someone from Spooky messaged me, they are going to send the steak knife separately. I guess they are doing that on later runs, I got #930.

This game played perfectly right out of the box, what a great pin!!! Wow, amazing, love the layout and gameplay...Just awesome; need to dig in and learn all the modes, so much fun...Feels amazing too, super tight build quality.

#8460 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Are you butter?

No, I skipped butter, couldn't wait, had to have it...lol

2 months later
#10803 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I mean… no! (?) it doesn’t accept every single shot you throw at it (who would want that?). It is about 10,000% more able to start modes than the Williams IJ mode hole. So yeah not a flaw

Agreed, the scoop is not a problem

#10812 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

It is really too bad Zach didn't tweak his scoop shot before reviewing. It really skewed his score. Mine was and is not hard to hit. Also, how can anyone give the art anything less than the A range... that's crazy!

Agreed, this pin is awesome, they nailed it...It's a different layout, which I love.

I am enjoying it more than I liked R&M, and that pin was really sweet, I have had not a single problem with my HWCE, Spooky's build quality is awesome.

4 weeks later
#11401 1 year ago

Can't wait for this code update, I'm loving this pin

1 month later
#12534 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Im not going to argue with a fan boi who cant see all the lower shots are super similar. We get it, you only own spookies. Keep pumping them up.

I own Halloween CE and love it, had R&M too, love what spooky is doing...You can't deny that Scooby Doo and ACNC are very similar in layout...

3 weeks later
#12740 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Sanitarium Multiball will be getting a new menu setting. You'll be able to set a timer, so that that you're not stuck in the qualification phase for an extended period of time. Another menu option will also open up the upper playfield, so that if you'll have a second option for reaching that middle playfield. The upper will have shots on it to extend your timer; similar to those light blue shots that were added to extend the timer in House Multiball.

Awesome!!

#12807 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

6 months of ownership since brand new, and it pains me to say this... But this pin is a mess.
Fresh off some games on Friday night and I'm more pissed at this game than ever. I don't want to see sanitarium graphics while I'm playing Bob and Linda demise. I don't want to be almost through a mode and house mode takes over like the pumpkin mode never existed. I don't want to have to wait for the ball to fall down two playfields because I know I'm getting zero points by hitting anything. I don't want to hit 3 drops every ball before anything happens.
I get it, the games are sold, and you have one guy working on cleaning up two games. But this just isn't fun. That's the huge red flag here, it's just not fun. Sure, one out of fifty games things click and it's amazing. But the ratio is off. I don't want to shoot around for 2 minutes hitting shit and getting no points. THE KINETIC SATISFACTION IN PINBALL IS KEEPING THE BALL GOING, HITTING THINGS, AND GETTING POINTS FOR HITTING THINGS.
UGH, I tried so hard to love this game but I have to say I paid $10,900 (with tax and shipping) for a pin that gives me less enjoyment then my $3k Elvira and the party monsters.
Can I trade this for a Scooby Doo even up?

I don't know man, I love this pin...It's unlike any other pin that I've ever played...I absolutely love the theme, and am a 80's horror film fan, so that has a lot to do with it.

Code will get better, but if you don't enjoy it...Sell it to someone who will enjoy it and move on...It's just pinball

#12810 1 year ago

Just played 5 games on my Halloween CE...This game rocks pure and simple...It's hard, but addictive; R&M was hard has hell, but frustrating...Halloween has interesting shots, great soundtrack, and I personally love the display...This games a gem

#12840 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Lot of ideas for cleaning up stuff out there, timer on sanitarium will be a game changer alone cause that mode itself is a big culprit for locking you out of much of the rest of the game. I like the highly objective and focused play where you are laser focused on parts of the board, but yea it's frustrating to learn that if you are doing anything other than those select shots, it often is worth nothing in Halloween. So letting modes end at least helps, lets keep the game moving. In other games this is often not as big an issue if modes keep going till ball drain, because in other games typically many of the rest of the games features and shots still count, but instead in Halloween major targets on the PF become pointless when doing certain modes. So getting modes moving along, allowing for continual scoring to happen, etc all will help the game flow.

Agreed, timer on sanitarium and get me to reaper multiball more often and I'll be a happy camper

#12862 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

From the changes to UM it looks like 1.10 or whatever it will be for Halloween is gonna be a much more impactful update than 1.09 was. So if things are the exactly the same and from whats been hinted at, it's sounding like:
- So like already been said coming, a timer on Sanitarium MB start, 30 seconds or it ends. Upper playfield is open to allow you to drain down to have another route to get back to the sanitarium playfield to make it easier. These will be on by default in the settings, you can alter it to be without the upper playfield, or to play hard mode which is how the game currently like.
- Judith target, so from the UM stream version of this shot. Hitting the target will light up targets on the play field which you can collect for points it sounds like. You also need to collect a number of these new shots to qualify for the new pumpkin mode "first kill" which has been teased with the last code update and is shown in the pumpkin menu.
- Releasing the ball from the Judith lock now will be an official MB with actual jackpot targets once the ball is released, and this can be done during other modes apparently too.
- It looks like during house attack MB, you have a chance to lock a ball in the scoop, and in doing so it will double jackpot values, so that sounds like theres going to be lot more scoring coming up.
Those seem like the changes coming if it's 1 with Ultraman. These are all great sounding changes, giving quicker play, more scoring opportunities, and bigger points. The changes to Judith shot sound great

Sounds awesome...Can't wait

#12881 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

One Spooky pair!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s two good lookin pins right there!!!

#12931 1 year ago

Gonna load it up now!!

#12936 1 year ago

I'm getting an error when I try to update the code, says try a new usb stick, this is the same one I used to do the last update.

Anyone else running into this?

#13087 1 year ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

Well I worked through the mode a few times and saw the nail filing video once. The other times I heard the audio, but the video remained on the Michael staring at Bob stabbed to the wall scene, which shows after the drop targets are changed from purple to green. After I drop the targets I head up to the house, drop the target then hit across the ramp, and the wrong video is there, but I can hear the nail filing scene. I can’t be the only one experiencing this. The first time it started happening was with 1.09 update. Hasn’t worked right since. There are no other modes running when this occurs.

Same here

#13090 1 year ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

Drives me absolutely bonkers man. Used to be perfect. Don’t know what happened.

Hopefully they iron some of this stuff out with 1.11...I freakin' love this pin; super addictive

#13101 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

197.8 lbs. (just a guess)

200 pounds sounds about right unboxed...I moved it from garage to my basement with a handtruck and it wasn't bad...Not super heavy

1 week later
#13254 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

Any news on when another new code update might be coming?
Had a party on Saturday at home on Saturday night (only myself and a pinball buddy who is one of the best in the U.K were pinball people - the rest only play the machines I've had) - the game went down really well - did have to remind people a few times about the in lane lifters but I think everyone had a lot of fun.
My GC score was around 60M*, but my buddy managed to get I think around 85M! (not surprised really; as I mentioned above, he's a really good player)
I think this game has so much charm and is actually great for multiplayer and possibly tournament play - a lot of strategic options; do I go for risky hedge shots for hedge MB?; worth starting Sanitarium to have a MB going to stack a more difficult mode etc, etc. Pumpkin MB has to be for me, one of the best pinball moments there is; never fails to put a smile on faces and is such a great change of pace when it starts up with the music etc- that's a pinball moment!
*my GC was erased before the party, as not too long before guests arrived I switched on the machine and....BIOS screen again - after a couple of attempts at rebuilding the software again and re-installing the latest code was all up and running again, but it's bloody annoying having to do that (2nd time that's happened now) - chasing Pinball Heaven for an update re; new pc coming from Spooky.

Same thing with me...I've gotten the bios screen twice since the new update

#13259 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

Someone suggested to me the other day that a Bios screen could suggest that the battery had gone in the pc, but I doubt this is it, otherwise would've just been told to put a new one in!....

Yeah it sucks, because it wiped my audits...I had over 250 plays...I'm weird like that in I want to see total plays to justify these massive purchases...Oh well, I'm going to get a new pc sent from Spooky, their customer service is great

2 weeks later
#13479 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Finally got a chance to update the FW. Maybe I’m just hearing things but the Halloween theme during mb sounds louder to me. In fact all of the music does. Loving it. I’m hearing though major silence during certain transitions or loops ending than I recall before. I’ll still take it

Yeah, code is getting there...This pin is addictive, just so different than anything else, and great atmosphere

2 months later
#14367 10 months ago

This game is awesome, I've had it for almost a year now, and f'n love it....One of my favorites that I've ever owned

1 month later
#15259 9 months ago

Damn this game is good...I just got two new pins, which I love...Went back to play Halloween and man, this pin pulls you in...Fear the Reaper Multiball is my favorite multiball of any pin I've ever owned.

This is a tough pin, the geometry is like no other, but man is it fun.

My middle Michael went out on me, how to fix? New servo?

#15266 9 months ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

My middle Michael went out right after I uploaded the new code. I replaced the servo and it’s all good now. Luckily they are easy to change.

Same here, it went out right after I uploaded the new code

How do I replace it?

#15267 9 months ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

When you decide to change out a Michael server, I highly recommend just doing all 3 at once so you don’t have to pull everything apart each time. I had one that was shaking a lot and just said ok enough of this I’m going to replace all of them with the metal geared ones.

Where do you buy them from? Thx in advance

1 week later
#15371 8 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I appreciate the suggestions. I will give them a shot.
To be clear, I love the game in so many ways, it just isn't clicking for me. I really wish there was a small LCD in the apron so I don't have to look up to see what is happening. Yesterday I was getting jackpots, Halloween jackpots, and supers, and have no idea how much they were worth. It is so frantic if I look up I lose one or more balls. And when it was all over I had like 5 million on the ball...
How do you start stalker mode? I have yet to see it.

In the words of the King, SR....Play Better

#15376 8 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I can't. I've tried.

Try and keep the shots up the middle. The sides can be death on this machine. Once you find the orbit shots and tombstone shot, the game opens up. It’s an ass kicker for sure, but that’s what I love about it.

2 months later
#15932 6 months ago

Was playing this morning and left inlane subway is now stuck in the up position...Any ideas on how to fix this?

#15934 6 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Is it mechanically binding on something or has the servo failed?
RM

I think the servo might have failed. Is it easy to replace?

I need to do the two servos for Michael Hedges as well

#15936 6 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I haven't replaced one of the bigger servos on the ball lifters yet, but it looks not too difficult.
You'll need a Feetech FT5320M servo. If you don't have a spare that came with your game call AJ at Spooky and they'll send you a new one.
I'll see if there is a posted method.
As far as the Hedge Michael servos go, probably best to replace all 3 at once.
I and others like these Treedix 3 pcs MG90S https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0874JS7BX
NOTE: -that's 12.99 for a 3-pack of servos; all you need
RussM

Awesome. Thx Russ!!

#15943 6 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I haven't replaced one of the bigger servos on the ball lifters yet, but it looks not too difficult.
You'll need a Feetech FT5320M servo. If you don't have a spare that came with your game call AJ at Spooky and they'll send you a new one.
I'll see if there is a posted method.
As far as the Hedge Michael servos go, probably best to replace all 3 at once.
I and others like these Treedix 3 pcs MG90S https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0874JS7BX
NOTE: -that's 12.99 for a 3-pack of servos; all you need
RussM

Russ-

It was indeed the servo for the left subway...And Spooky did include an extra one in my game when I bought it (Yay Spooky); they also had a Michael servo in there, which I replaced as well...Game is as good as new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=dsmoke1986 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.