IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png
IMG_4275 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Code is looking great!
Here are some ideas from a suggestion email I sent Spooky. Maybe my list will spawn some more from some of you!
From movie intro Loomis with nurse - "Go on, move!" (used when no plunge for 10 seconds?)
-From movie- Laurie's Dad - "Don't forget to drop the key off at the myers place!" (When plunger is released)
-Use the noise effect when Laurie drops key at mat and Michael's head is shown inside (used wherever)
-Loud mask breathing! Haven't noticed this yet, this is a must have, should be used alot!
Sanitarium-
-1st special noise effect when Michael jumps onto car viewed through back window
(Use when entering sanitarium?)
-2nd special noise effect when Michael grabs nurses hair.
(Use when flipped out of sanitarium?)
-"He's gonna get you! He's gonna get you! The Boogey man! The Boogey man! " (Children chanting at schoolyard, any group of kids could be used, local Benton kids? No assets required.)
From movie - Loomis- "Lonnie! get your ass away from there!"
(Used when hitting a bad red shot?)
-This pin needs more movie kids/trick or treat stuff in it. "Trick or treat trick or treat, gimme something good to eat!" Benton kids.
(Use when completing a mode?)
-Haddonfield cheerleaders chanting their cheer "We're from Haddonfield, couldn't be prouder, can't hear us now? We'll yell a little louder!". Get the local Benton high-school cheerleaders to do it for you for a clean track no assets required.
(Use when completing a school related mode?)
-Use the movie clip or do animation of it, of the clown mask being donned with the eye holes and heavy breathing as the screen moves.

Yes yes and yes. Everything you suggested I love. They are still missing a lot of the deep cuts from this movie and these suggestions are all fantastic

Michael breathing is a must spooky along with the 1st person clown mask. These have to be included.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

No offense, but most of these callout ideas wouldn’t have anything to do with the modes in the game. The Michael breathing part is cool though.

It doesn’t need to be part of the modes but during the normal gameplay.

#156 2 years ago

Is it just the videos I’ve seen or are the blood drops amber/dark orange vs blood red in this updated code?

SpookyLuke - is there a reason why the hedge mb clip cuts mid speech (Bc you can only have X seconds of video) or is that something that will just be corrected later?

1 week later
#236 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got mine from Amazon last week! I have not watched it yet though.

Same here. Then I realized I already own 4K version. Haha. I wonder if it looks better than the previous 4K cut. Either way love the packaging and extras

#247 2 years ago

Anyone else pumped for Halloween kills? I have have tickets for Thursday night

#252 2 years ago

Will finally have a chance to play this game today. Looking forward to it.

#257 2 years ago

OK - finally had a chance to play Halloween. Helicon Brewery - continues to be the best in the business! Chris and Chris - thanks again!

So after playing Ultraman first, I came away really thinking about letting my Halloween pre order go. Layout was interesting but I just wasn't connecting with it. I also don't care for Ultraman and theme to me is important so I decided I need to play Halloween first before deciding. After playing Halloween, it's crystal clear. Definitely keeping my pre order and I actually might need to go butter cabinet!

As a reminder though for those on the fence and don't appreciate Halloween or care for the movie, I can easily see folks disliking it or not understanding why it's good. What pushed me over no doubt is the fact I absolutely love this movie.

So Halloween pinball.....I really enjoyed my time on it. The music, art, assets, etc really bring this game together. The slower moving ball to the flipper after hitting that scoop (vs shooting back at you) - it's perfectly in line with Michael stalking you and popping up out of nowhere. I can't think of another theme where I would say that but for this one, it makes sense and it works. The unique layout and feel, including those upper PFs really just work so much better with this theme primarily b/c it's not expected to be in your face, over the top like Ultraman is. For that theme, I would want a diff layout. For Halloween, it just made sense and felt right. The top PF for example, understanding you're in that house, trying to find a way out which translates so well to hitting through those super tight shots and eventually getting that ball across - it just makes so much sense and brings you into that scene. The ball then drops down, like Michael off that roof when he gets shot - again translates so well from movie to pinball. Hard to explain for sure but it just takes the layout to the next level.

Here are some things that surprised me (good and bad):

1) Video assets and animations were fine. Yes, they look terrible on youtube but actually playing the game, I enjoyed them. Weird to say but the one thing I wanted more of wasn't video clips....it was

2) MORE SPEECH! This game could really use an injection of movie speech, especially Laurie. We need Michael breathing!! Spooky - yes, video clips are great but I would think speech is an easy thing to get in there and an immediate boost. Truth is, I'm not really looking at that screen a lot b/c I'm playing the damn game. Speech though - I can hear throughout, not lose sight of the ball and still get that Halloween goodness. Win win.

3) Lightshow - solid. It is bright at certain times but the lights correlate with those loud high notes from Halloween and almost act as an alert mechanism vs the typical light show. They were not blinding at all. The game also gets dark too and it works well.

4) I love the fall look to this game. People who complain about that just don't understand Halloween. Kaneda has no idea what makes Halloween good. True fans appreciate it and I just love the leaves and everything brown in it. The 4k HD release also has it and I just love that look

5) The three drop down targets - PLEASE do something with these. They look super cheap and unfinished. We need stickers or something to jazz them up. You always shoot at them, please revisit.

6) I want those blood drops to be a darker red. Simple fix but I swear, they look pink right now.

7) I don't believe I was on the latest code so this might have been addressed but modes and how to advance was not very clear. Text on the screen that seemed to relate to roles/objectives was also very hard to read and small

8 ) Cab art - I have previously said that butter is a waste and save your money. Having seen the art in person, I was a little disappointed on how muted it seemed. Yes it looked awesome but I might have to go butter on this b/c the art is so good, I want it to pop as much as possible. This is the only spooky that I'm thinking about doing so. I owned a R+M and that art popped big time without butter.

9) Build quality - this game feels SOOO much better than R+M. It feels heavy. I played R+M right after this to make sure I wasn't going crazy and it was like Spooky grew up. R+M feels light and cheap - Halloween is like somewhere b/w stern and JJP. The glass on Halloween also didn't shake at all yet the sound and bass was so much better than Stern or even JJP. Good job Spooky

10) Hedge MB insert - SOOOO dumb. Really. The insert lit up and it's right next to something else - I wouldn't even notice and when I did, it still looked fine. I know spooky is fixing it but for those that get the older pf, don't even worry about it. The actual MB and sculps - I like the code of the MB, and although I like the sculps and hedges, it is a little silly to have 3 Michaels. Wish they could have just had one rotate and pop out but that's prob asking too much. I'm just not in love with having three of the same toy on there. It looks odd.

11) The music is of course fantastic (although I feel like the theme during MB could be played louder). What's noteworthy is how good the custom music is. Great job here. Sounds like it was in the original movie.

12) Layout - I’ve commented on this before through my experience with Ultraman but in general, it’s the best shooter no doubt from spooky. Def has flow but also a different feel bc it mixes in those two upper pfs which work much better for this theme than Ultraman. It will definitely be a unique addition to my collection which is a good thing.

There is likely more but that's it for now. I literally walked away from the machine during my last game b/c I knew it's a def buy and I didn't want to spoil anymore. Same reason I didn’t even touch Godzilla pro bc I know that game is great already. In time, it will be even better and the design of the machine, like the theme, is unique and something that will fit well in my stern/JJP mix. Excited to see more.

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Coming out of the Sox game yesterday (if that could be called a game ).
[quoted image]

No lives matter has me cracking up. I might need to buy that tshirt.

I’m low 300’s but looking to buy my way up. Just the art alone, I want this game in my house.

2 weeks later
#665 2 years ago

I was able to secure an earlier spot so now I'm really excited (#128). Going butter on this one. Just looking at this machine is worth it to me considering how much I love Halloween.

If anyone wants #312 - I just listed mine. Not a bad number at all, I just want this machine now.

Added over 2 years ago:

I meant 319

#677 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

If you’re selling #312, I better ask Joe at Pinballstar what happened, as that’s my number...

SorryI meant 319

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Here’s the video of young clown Michael.

When does that happen? So happy that’s in there.

#726 2 years ago

I'm happy there has been so much drama about the code thus far b/c it allowed me to sneak in and get a good deal to get this game even earlier. People are sleeping on this game but it will do well and people will come back. The art alone is just so gorgeous in person that I'm even going butter and I always think butter is a waste. I just need that art to look as good as possible.

Also, as for Kaneda, he talks a lot. Sometimes he's right and sometimes he's wrong. In this case, he was pointing out the flaws in halloween, some were correct and some were overexaggerated. He doesn't "get" halloween though which is why I don't put any weight into what he says. In other areas, I do very much the opposite b/c he does get it. Halloween - not so much!

Remember - you decide.

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Hedge multiball and new speach.

So I like that they put the speech from the kids boogey man scene in there - as the game def needs more speech but it seems to be on repeat quite often in that video and could get annoying. So new speech is def a plus - just don’t want it repeating constantly during the same mode.

Also what is up with that transition video before mb? It cuts off way too early - I can’t imagine spooky not cleaning that up but is now Been there during the last two code updates

#755 2 years ago

Bowen wanted to help with Halloween……but was denied by spooky. More at 6!

Oh I can already hear the drama train.

I don’t know - I’m sure there is more to this story considering Bowen is nothing but an asset in this hobby and spooky is pretty sharp so unless it was a money thing, it doesn’t make sense. Money wise, spooky sold out at its highest price yet so they should be well positioned to get talent.

#810 2 years ago

So any code overview by spooky? Maybe I missed it but excited to see the changes made like the knives that are on screen

#1013 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Also a good looking IM pro with the topper and powder coat on the right...

I was just going to say the same. I really like that red!

#1019 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I think selling, especially at a discount is a big mistake. Code is coming along in leaps and bounds.
I really enjoyed playing it today with the new code finally.[quoted image]

unless you need money right away, selling at a deep discount is extremely foolish for a limited run game. Borderline insanity. I can see 100, 200 but otherwise, hold onto the game and sell later if you need to.

1 week later
#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You don't need them. Just be careful when raising and lowering the pf.

It only takes one time but it will happen and then you will buy them. Definitely worth while

#1423 2 years ago

So spooky confirmed 126 was shipped today. I’m 128 and went for the butter. Just couldn’t pass on it considering the theme and art is so good. Comparison pics also helped. After seeing standard in person I was actually a little bummed on the lack of pop especially after getting non butter for spooky other games and always being impressed. Although can't go wrong with either of these since the art is so good.

Butter cabinet is the one with more color saturation - closer to the camera.

BF4B62B3-1613-4C56-A415-B28719048372 (resized).jpegBF4B62B3-1613-4C56-A415-B28719048372 (resized).jpegD600E9F6-11A7-43A2-8FD3-E1191C1BD9E0 (resized).jpegD600E9F6-11A7-43A2-8FD3-E1191C1BD9E0 (resized).jpeg

#1457 2 years ago

So is the updated code fixed yet? Also - if the new code video is available, I must have missed it.

#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Theme integration is great, and the team behind the game is passionate about improvements. They also listen to the community. I won’t be selling mine.
However, if IE Pinball was running 1.02, I understand. There are modes (Sanitarium, House Attack) that will not let you progress. If you make 3 center ramp shots, you’re stuck unless you drain. If you start Sanitarium, you’re stuck unless you drain.
I know future updates will squash these bugs, but they’re unfortunate and put a damper on an otherwise great experience.

I don't understand this. The current code is broken with Sanitarium and House Attack? I recall playing those on location with no issues so maybe the new code broke it? Weird.

#1493 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

To end Sanitarium, you have to go through the scoop… but the drop target won’t stay down.

1.01 was great. No huge issues. 1.02 introduced some serious bugs.
I don’t want to bash code, though. I really like the game and it will get better. As an early adopter, I expected this. All part of the journey.

yeah I get it and I agree with people needing to chill a little but these seem to be big bugs if it's restricting you from actually completing legacy modes. Essentially game breaking.

Curious to get Spooky's thoughts on this. I would think a hotfix would be released to at least address these no?

#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from Paukieboy:

I have a $1k deposit with Melissa for a Halloween Collector’s edition. Hopefully it’s legit, I’m anxious to get it! She said I’m probably a couple of months out.

Not Halloween. Wrong game. Prob alien

#1573 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anybody know what # they are up to now?

Just got my shipping notice. Butter #128 is heading out!

1 week later
#1621 2 years ago

#128 should have been delivered this morning - no call yet. On calls all day until now so now I'm thinking about it! Hopefully have it up before EOD.

#1625 2 years ago

Mmmmmm butter (#128)

0E8E77FE-B1EE-4932-AD21-FAE3DA701D55 (resized).jpeg0E8E77FE-B1EE-4932-AD21-FAE3DA701D55 (resized).jpeg3A03F01C-F8D2-4EE8-934F-FF71FCEC23DC (resized).jpeg3A03F01C-F8D2-4EE8-934F-FF71FCEC23DC (resized).jpeg

Edit - powder used is the same as the one Rob Stone uses on pirates. It’s one of my favorite powders out there and glad to have it back here. Identical to what jjp uses on hobbit Smaug edition.

582D73FE-A4D1-43FD-BF72-4E45F7753429 (resized).jpeg582D73FE-A4D1-43FD-BF72-4E45F7753429 (resized).jpeg

Spooky learning from the Rick and morty decal damage - now they include metal stand offs and felt protector Ala jjp. Nice job spooky

91FF8504-DA40-4801-901C-E65101B48C25 (resized).jpeg91FF8504-DA40-4801-901C-E65101B48C25 (resized).jpeg

Spooky please stop shipping with the topper on. Pieces fell off during shipping and left with this. Hopefully they can be plugged in again and I’m sure you’ll replace if they don’t but same thing with my Rick and morty.

But that butter - damn does it look good compared to what I saw at helicon which is the standard. It just pops so much! Absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had more room just to display it by itself

10A7A68A-79ED-43B3-8CDF-E662B8B03DBB (resized).jpeg10A7A68A-79ED-43B3-8CDF-E662B8B03DBB (resized).jpeg1CF8363E-30E5-438A-9719-2F760BDB625C (resized).jpeg1CF8363E-30E5-438A-9719-2F760BDB625C (resized).jpeg

DA3D058E-04C9-491F-8426-9EDD300F8FD4 (resized).jpegDA3D058E-04C9-491F-8426-9EDD300F8FD4 (resized).jpeg281BEEFA-3EBE-45B5-97C2-970AA9EDEF47 (resized).jpeg281BEEFA-3EBE-45B5-97C2-970AA9EDEF47 (resized).jpeg

7F4250AB-8C9E-494D-9350-716AAEE0E7E5 (resized).jpeg7F4250AB-8C9E-494D-9350-716AAEE0E7E5 (resized).jpeg7E8EB9AB-20B2-4912-82C6-A68CDFB0735B (resized).jpeg7E8EB9AB-20B2-4912-82C6-A68CDFB0735B (resized).jpeg626F7465-340A-4D07-BFDA-DA1A7991E204 (resized).jpeg626F7465-340A-4D07-BFDA-DA1A7991E204 (resized).jpeg

C5387E58-8B16-465F-BED9-43018B17F69A (resized).jpegC5387E58-8B16-465F-BED9-43018B17F69A (resized).jpeg

Again I never buy butter - always thought it didn’t make a difference even after seeing it in person. I went to play Halloween a few months ago and came away with the normal art looking flat so I opted for butter and this is exactly what I was expecting with the pop. I could have sworn my rick and morty non butter popped just as much though so maybe it’s just a Halloween thing but very happy with the decision

So plays really well. No issues thus far. The sound/audio quality of the speakers is unbelievable. It sounds even better than my upgraded speakers on jjp. Really makes a difference in a game so reliable on audio to bring you in.

#1628 2 years ago

World exclusive….. video of the topper was of course top priority haha

Topper fixed btw - super simple to just connect the pieces back together. Thanks spooky.

It does sound like a buzz saw in that video but I haven’t seen the topper so a complete knife stab yet and the game when played does drown that sound out although I’m sure someone smarter than me with this stuff can figure a way to make it quiet

#1756 2 years ago

In the big Apple this weekend with the fam, otherwise I would test myself…..curious to hear feedback about the new additions besides fixes in the code. Call outs, videos, etc.

Keep ‘em coming.

#1793 2 years ago

just got home from nyc - where is the code link download? don't see it on the website.

#1798 2 years ago

Thanks that worked. Weird link I went to had R+M first No Halloween

Edit - knew I wasn’t crazy. From Google search that is what I went to. No Halloween. Spooky fyi

https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#1815 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Remember to turn adult mode back on after updating. I forgot to after updating the second time to 1.04a and was very disappointed.

What does adult mode enable specifically?

#1820 2 years ago

After looking at other owners machines I’m starting to think my top upper pf house flipper is in the wrong position. How exactly should it be positioned? Here is mine. Should it test against the bottom wall so it needs to be further down?

EA445856-1A4D-40AC-837F-766E47DA4E5F (resized).jpegEA445856-1A4D-40AC-837F-766E47DA4E5F (resized).jpeg

#1826 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yes, that needs to be adjusted way down to the alignment hole. Mine had also worked itself loose early on. I took the flipper bat out, scuffed up the shaft a bit where the screw holds it, and it's been fine since.

Thanks guys!

#1839 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah that's a challenge. I tried to get it from the side, but I didn't have luck. Maybe the right tools would help, but I only have a regular allen key set and I couldn't get that and a socket in there for the nut at the same time. Bug says it's easier if you can lift up the backside of the playfield from the service rail position, but I didn't have a second person to hold it, and couldn't find a way to balance it that I was comfortable with.
I ended up simply taking off the upper playfield. Once I decided to do that, it was super easy. Just a few screws and it's loose. I didn't undo the wires underneath, but there was enough slack to simply pull it up a little and get to the flipper mech easily. It took like an hour plus of screwing around before doing this, and maybe 5 minutes once I decided to do it this way, LOL.
I highly suggest scuffing up the flipper shaft with some sandpaper before repositioning. The first time I just repositioned it and gorilla tightened it. Within a few games it had slipped back up. Scuffing up the shaft will give the bracket something to bite on better. Hasn't moved again yet.
Good luck!

Any pics or detail of what to remove to take off the top pf would be helpful if you have a chance. Looks like I need to make this adjustment too.

1 week later
#1958 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

When you say trying people out - do you mean there will be multiple animators for HW or that you are stuck with the current animator on HW and in future titles we will see different talent?
Sounds like we are with Ryan for the long haul like it or not

I was just going to ask the same. Should we expect not only more animations but from others as well in Halloween?

#2073 2 years ago

I am taking my time with this game and plan on providing some detailed thoughts but to summarize, this is the scariest pinball machine ever made. Turn the lights off, and let that sound just take you away. Just look at the size of the sub that comes stock with this game. No need for external sub imo and I use them for all my games.

To get what this game is going for, you NEED to love Halloween. If you think the music is monotone and annoying, this is def not the game for you.

and it's so refreshing to have a game that plays different. It feels great too - flippers are so nice and snappy but doesn't feel like stern either. Hard to explain but it just feels very good to play. And it's gorgeous. More to come.
91EFED4A-52F8-49F7-9087-B15C0B99AEFC (resized).jpeg91EFED4A-52F8-49F7-9087-B15C0B99AEFC (resized).jpeg

#2085 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This review gave me pause. It is concerning to hear that you NEED to love the theme in order to enjoy the game. Even Iron Maiden didn't require that. I look forward to playing one

yeah - I own Iron Maiden and absolutely hate the theme. For me that game plays so well that I was able to appreciate it even despite the terrible theme imo.

With halloween, the layout is deliberately odd as it makes you feel like you're battling it a little to stay alive. Very much like the tension of the movie. It all works so well with the theme. Even the uppers - it's you against the machine trying to put the ball into certain places but gravity and everything else is not on your side, so you drop back down and Michael now has the advantage with your health going down. There are even target shots on the 1st upper to get your health back.

It's hard to explain but this game couldn't be more diff than IMDN. For someone to truly understand it, IMO, you need to get why Halloween is legendary. Someone with no knowledge or appreciation can still enjoy what's there but you would be missing a lot of what makes this game special.

Def not a full review of this game as there are areas that need to be enhanced but overall, very happy and fits really well in my lineup.

#2146 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

The shooter rod is here! Very solid. Looks awesome!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!

#2148 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Only problem, I have to relearn the correct plunge for the super skill shot.

Remind me - what’s the super skill shot again?

#2152 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

On the plunge, juidith Myers…the right lock.

Thanks. Am I crazy or was there something where you did a full plunge and then let the ball just do its thing And it would hit a target for extra points? I thought I saw that on one of the streams?

On a side note, hopefully that new code is still coming any day now!

#2154 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I think you’re thinking of letting the ball bounce off the flippers without flipping, after an almost full plunge, and getting into the Judith Myers lock…super skill shot. You’re either skillful with the flip and hitting the shot or you’re skillful with the plunge to get the correct angle and velocity to hit the shot.

Yes that is it. I tried it and no way mine would nice to that shot

1 week later
#2267 2 years ago

New striker mode is very good and I think the music is perfect for it (including the breathing from Michael) but it's the same music as the house mode. I rather have the two diff if possible. I think the house mode music should change.....

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Why are the shooter rod face plates not powder coated if the coin door is on the CE machines? Seems strange to have one exposed metal trim piece that is different.

The matching powder Shooter face plate is being sent to all owners along with the knife handle shooter rod. Current plate is just the holdover

#2306 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We didn't include the coated shooter rod face plate in the collector edition. However we do have a source you can buy it from! We did not have a source for coated shooter rod housings at the time of sale.

Here is a pic of what another owner installed - I thought that powdered shoot plate came from you guys? If it didn’t, maybe he bought it from the source you’re talking about? Can you include the info of the source so others can pursue? I def want the shooter plate to match considering the coin door is powdered already. Thanks
04D14271-A555-497D-B756-7C429E30E7B6 (resized).jpeg04D14271-A555-497D-B756-7C429E30E7B6 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2560 2 years ago

Ok so can we get past the shooter rod drama Bc it’s bringing this thread down. I suggest we move on as all points have been made at this time.

1 week later
#2766 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not springing for the butter is literally my only regret about Halloween. The decals look great, but the art is so damn good that as a huge fan of the theme, I should have gone for the best. I would say if you are a big fan, and consider it a bit of a showpiece in your collection, go for it. If it's "just another machine" for you, and it will just be shoved in the middle of a line up anyway, maybe not.

Jediturtle is spot on again (really liked your recent summary of this game). As a halloween fanatic and someone that has always been against butter cabinets, I couldn't be more wrong in this situation. Which is why I went with butter on mine and I have zero regrets. For me this game is more than just pinball - it's an art showcase. The decals imo look worse than Spooky's other games. I have a Rick and Morty and those decals seem to pop more than the decals I saw at Halloween at my local place (Helicon). If it's just another machine for you though, def skip it. Not worth it.

1 week later
#3072 2 years ago

So the song don’t fear the reaper is coming to Halloween? I like the song but not sure how it fits in the game. Maybe in the new mode? Interesting.

#3074 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

It seemed to fit when Michael was driving behind them while they were listening to it

Agreed but that was really a filler scene with the girls talking. Interesting to see how they pull it off Bc everything in the game right now is very spooky/scary. Not saying it’s a bad thing - just curious how this comes together with the current code.

#3090 2 years ago

Glad to hear SpookyLuke . Seems you shared my same initial hesitation and I look forward to seeing it in action as well. It’s a great song no doubt.

1 week later
#3342 2 years ago

Halloween has the most underrated topper in some time. Not enough talk about it in general but it is bad ass. Absolutely love how the topper has the name of the game while the translite doesn't.

I can't wait for this entire "hate halloween movement" to flip back around and people kick themselves for selling at a loss. Only 1250 pinball machines made of the best scary movie of all time. A genre we NEVER see in pinball anymore on top of that. Anyone who refers to the shape as "Mike" myers has absolutely no idea what they're talking about when it comes to halloween. Anyone that plays this game without bias comes away satisfied and I will continue to support it and happy to defend it with some real points.

Funny how games like GnR - with basically no toys is still magical b/c it creates an "atmosphere" yet Halloween can't do the same thing? And I own both. It's just funny how these stories spin out of control and people actual listen to them without playing it. Oh - a tournament player agrees as well? Garbage. People - play the game yourself, in a setting you can appreciate the mood this game sets (which is very unique compared to the other offerings out there) and make your own mind up.

#3344 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The guy is just pissed cause he bought both games with the intention to quick flip when he ought to have know full well that the code would take twice as long as they are working on two games. What a rude friggin’ stooge…took his ball and went home with piss in his pants. Guy won’t let it go. He’s got to ruin it for everyone.

That could very well be the case but imo, it's not that malicious. It's good content for the show and he does like to surface inperfections but with his limited play time and complete lack of understanding of why halloween works as a movie and now a pinball machine, he's off to the races and not turning back.

The mindset you have when playing halloween is not the same as godzilla (another game I own). These are two different pins. Halloween has its own style and tempo and mood and you name it. The game is very unique and is truly a collectors pin - not a tournament player that is all about fast combos and scoring while you rock out to your own music. It's completely the opposite of that so I can understand why someone who has no appreciation for the movie doesn't like it and also why the tournament players don't care for it either.

#3399 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

For those of you considering dropping some coin on the LCD upgrade. Don't do it until you change the factory settings on the one you have. The OEM display was not set at the factory to be looked down on. After all, who looks down on a monitor. It is always straight on. Because of that you need to tweak the settings. Here is what I used:
Brightness 40%
Contrast 80%
Gamma on
I'm 5' 11" and it looks considerably better with these settings.

I did exactly this and it does make a diff. I ended up buying the IPS upgrade but just haven't had a chance to install it. Going into the install, I'm already feeling like it's not going to be worth it. Rest assured I will mention the same here too. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

#3427 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I wish my 920 would come with the old insert I don't want the fixed play field.

Although I would be happy with either PF, I agree. Visually I think it's more appealing having that hedge cover it like the original playfields. Now the insert is cutting into the hedge when lit and it doesn't look as good. We all understand it's multiball. Rather leave the art as is.

I am very particular about how my machines look and this complaint regarding the insert - I just don't get it. Technically I understand what happened but in reality - it's not even close to being anything more than a passing comment.

And my view can be perceived as a bias owner defending it but I just can't see the majority caring at all about this. And no the people selling the machine aren't doing it b/c of hedge multiball. It's the lack of immediate profit and wait time.

When this game is all said and done and it's out of production, it's going up. I'll put $500 on it with Chris. I'll text him the same.

#3505 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjlanham16:

So for you guys and gals that have your games, how does this LED lighting look in person? When I first saw it revealed, I thought it was overkill and too much. Then there was talk it might be adjustable, but haven’t seen anything since. Or maybe it isn’t as bad/bright in person. I should be seeing my game in the next 3 weeks, just wanted to hear some opinions. Thanks
[quoted image]

For me, the brightness is not an issue. I like the effect it provides as well. That being said, I think it looks cheaper than it should. Ecstatically, I would have preferred something else and is prob the lowlight on a really attractive package.

#3537 2 years ago

Will butter cab fade at all if it’s by a glass door? Doesn’t get direct sun but it’s a glass door…..never owned butter before.

#3571 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Definitely will be doing both! Right now we are trying to tie up as many bugs as possible then after we put the update out it's right back to content! We still have so much more stuff to add. There will be 8 scoop modes. 2 easy, 2 medium, 2 hard, 2 expert. Also a mini wizard style multiba mode for when you progress through atleast 3 pumpkin modes. Then a final pumpkin mode wizard mode to top it off. So 10 at the scoop currently planned (doesn't mean we couldn't add more but this is a minimum goal). Then you have the 3 main story multiball modes and there will be a wizard mode culminating the story. So 4 main modes there in addition to the 10 at the scoop. Also we have alot more to do with a combo reward system, mystery award, blood store improvements, extra ball etc.
The plan is to get 1 major mode into each update. Also we plan to go back and revisit all the older modes and improve them as well as bug squash periodically. Overall a really balanced approach.
Also still working on new animations, callouts, and UI stuff. I think there should be some big surprises in this area if we have our way. This all goes for both games!

Right to my veins spooky.

1 week later
#3843 2 years ago

Damn so all these new posts and thought the code was released. Ok bank to ufc….

Oh and people play your games. Enjoy them!

1 week later
#4207 2 years ago

The animation with Michael as a kid slashing - haven’t seen that one. Is it in there?

#4209 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Sorry, I might have misread that. Is he actually slashing something? If so then no, I haven't see that yet so it likely is new. If it was just him standing there with the knife then yes, that was in 1.05, maybe earlier as well.
Update:
I see what you mean. The clips where you are looking through the mask as Michael and he's slashing. It is in here and I believe that it happens when you shoot into the Judith Myers shot on the far right. I am just trying to determine if I have 'started' anything for it to happen.

I’ll need to revisit the video of the new code being streamed but I think he was standing there on the side - don’t recall exactly but I’m not referring to the video clip. This was a custom animation. If that’s in there where is it?

I’m thoroughly enjoying this game btw. Each code updates it just gets better. Love this game

3 weeks later
#4658 2 years ago

The best two scary pins out there

EDIT - can’t forget ALIEN! Top 3!

EC8A4333-3784-4D95-98D6-97AED87DD089 (resized).jpegEC8A4333-3784-4D95-98D6-97AED87DD089 (resized).jpeg

#4670 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Alien is pretty good to.

100% right. I totally forgot about Alien as I’m waiting for my LV to arrive! I actually enjoy it more than the other two.

No chance for a pic since Alien will be on the other side but best three out there!

2 weeks later
#5250 1 year ago

Man reading these new posts it’s as if the newer ones coming out are having more issues. I was mid 100s and haven’t had one single issue besides the upper upper pf flipper being misaligned out of the factory. My order looks fine. Very odd.

#5264 1 year ago

Now it’s the best three horror games out there!

People still waiting for this game that are getting discouraged….. if you love Halloween you will enjoy this game. If you call the shape “Mike” Myers, you should pass on it. Not for you.

6F4D3F89-C645-4BAD-827A-994E12317CD4 (resized).jpeg6F4D3F89-C645-4BAD-827A-994E12317CD4 (resized).jpeg

#5463 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

A little $20 mod...
And I changed out the LED bulbs along the back, replacing one of the red bulbs with an amber bulb. I think it adds a bit more color, especially to the art work on the back wall.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Haha I appreciate the creativity but you need the rest of that house!

#5464 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Set up #410 yesterday and I'm gonna have to eat some crow regarding my initial worries about NIB issues.
Played a solid 20 games or so and everything worked perfectly. All the upper PF's work great... no hangups... no weird flipper stuff... no crashes... the topper works... came with knife shooter and a fully lit Hedge Multiball insert... lifters work great... both ramps are easy to hit... Michael figures work great... all I had to do was level, add balls and play.
Liking the variety of the modes (they make you shoot all over the playfield) and interesting ball paths. Lighting, ambience, and a lot of the sound is top notch. Game looks/feels sturdy and very well built. Looks great in person, really nice detailing on the upper playfields.
Audio levels still need some love for sure, Fear the Reaper came on and I could barely hear it... some audio clips get cut off mid-word... but confident that'll all get polished once the content is all in place.
Looking forward to future updates, and again just wanted to share a positive unboxing experience and say cheers to Spooky on sending me a fun and solid playing game.
Lastly, the fine folks at Buffalo Pinball will be streaming this at my place on the Bro Show™ tomorrow at 8pm btw if you'd like to see it in action btw!
[quoted image]

I’m happy to hear you’re getting any new games as I know you’ve been waiting forever on alien. Glad to hear the experience is positive thus far!

#5559 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Mine looks great after 200 plays. Game 439 for anyone who cares

I have around the same (maybe a little more) and no issues with my powder either. My build was in the 100s? I think it’s clearly linked to the oil in the skin and is prob a good indicator of who sweats a lot when playing as I suspect the guys who are getting the powder issues early on tend to sweat more when playing. It’s definitely an issue and something that should be corrected for each owner experiencing it. Knowing spooky I’m sure they will help.

1 week later
#5808 1 year ago

Had a friend over this weekend and of the games I own, he enjoyed Halloween the best. Check my lineup and you’ll see some big players.

I will continue to say that in the long run, this game will be sought after no doubt. 1200 only in the world? All the so called “pinball players” that rag on this game but then will say games like rush or led zep are good - gtfo. People that call the shape “Mike” Myers, also have no clue obviously.

Did you guys check out the Buffalo pinball stream recently? I thought those guys got it. They were like wow this game is actually good!

#5813 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

LOL yeah that was my humble basement and I can confirm the gang had fun on it and were surprised at how well it played. I for one can not wait for the Wizard modes to be coded along with the expert modes.
I’m enjoying it for sure so far, I think it shoots great and oozes atmosphere. What’s there now is pretty cool, just needs additional love and polish which I’m confident Spooky will deliver in the end.

Oh - so you’re the owner in that video? Nice. I thought you nailed the summary of the game right now.

1 week later
#5943 1 year ago

Just a request to make the Halloween theme much louder during mb.....

#5949 1 year ago

I need to listen to their podcast but Nick for sure was complimentary throughout and to hear he’s not digging it is disappointing. I won’t comment until I hear it though.

#6054 1 year ago

Whoever suggested lights off and Michael breathing is a genius. That needs to be coded in to a mode. And a special mode at that. Would be a great moment that you don’t want to overuse. Similar to scared stiff

#6065 1 year ago

I just updated my code and had a quick min to play a game and noticed that my michaels all move forward and back when the ball rolls down the ramp. Is that designed that way as it wasn't this way before. Not sure how I feel about that but just curious if it's intended to do so.

#6071 1 year ago

Thanks guys. I’m not sure yet but initial reaction is it’s too much. Need to play much more but 1 random at each ramp shot made might be the better choice. Would fit better movie wise too.

#6076 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I believe that this is by design (left ramp shot) to reset the 3 michaels.
They should still behave the same way as before though for the hedge shots and multiball.

I hope it’s not being done to reset Michaels to avoid issues b/c for someone like me, that never had any issues, now it’s changing the way the game plays for no reason. I’m a big fan of their updates thus far but I’m not sure about this three Michael peekaboo.

#6131 1 year ago

I’m surprised I haven’t seen a mod for this yet so now I’m just going to ask for it as I’m not creative at all.

This house “art” doesn’t tie in at all with the game. It’s straight out of a children’s book. I mean giant candle sticks? I’m waiting for Amelia Bedelia to walk in.

Any thoughts on mods? Take my money haha

4B339B64-03AC-4374-A42A-FFF598D138E9 (resized).jpeg4B339B64-03AC-4374-A42A-FFF598D138E9 (resized).jpeg

#6140 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Actually it's eerily similar.....
I was considering changing my led lights in that area to warm white as it seems more fitting than cool white for that era/scene

What am I looking at in these pics? What are you Saying bc it isn’t Halloween 78 and if not what’s the point? Sorry not following

#6145 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

What I was saying was, it is Halloween 78. It's the Doyle residence, where the couch attack happened- in front of the massive candelabra. You should watch the movie again
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok I see now. I associate that Upper with the opening scene but I now see the connection much better. Still rather it not be so colorful but it makes more sense now.

1 week later
#6398 1 year ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

We were getting 100% rejects on the scoop and it was insanely frustrating.
Made this scoop hood from PETG and the majority of direct shots from the flipper now actually go in the scoop [quoted image][quoted image]

If that works, I'll take one!

1 week later
#6495 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

BIG ball 1 today…Got all super jackpots for ‘House’ ‘Sanitarium’ and ‘hedge’ locked all six ball for 7 ball ‘Boogeyman’ fever then proceeded to film modes and got ‘Jack o Lantern’ all on ball one (but tilted and lost my bonus) Too bad I biffed the jackpot opportunities in the two wiz and sub wiz or this score could have been over 100mil on B1. On ball 2 and 3 I completed every mode except for ‘Stalker’ final score didn’t beat my GC but landed around 120mil. So addictive!!!
[quoted image]

You did this with the glass off correct?

; )

#6596 1 year ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

Has anyone upgraded their display screen and protector with the IPS one from Pinball Mod? Is it worth the $245?

I have and it's def not. It's nice no doubt but not worth it to me. Just adjust your settings on the default screen (increase contrast etc) and you'll be fine.

1 week later
#6834 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You can regenerate Laurie's health on the second playfield by hitting the targets.

I was just going to say - I love the ability to hit those targets for health.

I think the code is shaping up nicely. The modes really aren't just hit a blinking light and move on. Some a multi tiered, the upper upper fight with Michael that drops to the upper for health, the hedge MB that makes you do multiple things. I have no idea how this game is selling at a loss right now. I really expect it to pick up once the run is completed. There are only 1250 or so in existence right? Not just CE - but the entire game. Crazy.

2 weeks later
#7179 1 year ago

Request to please make the EPIC Halloween theme song louder during hedge mb. The volume level for the theme is just too low. Thanks!

I’m on 1.08. I see a way to change sfx and voice but no music option. Would love to see that added.

2 weeks later
#7496 1 year ago

Just curious of any eta regarding the new animations?

For the record I haven’t experienced any LED breaks but I know others have and that sucks. Bottom line is that there are exposed LED strips in a mechanical game that bats a metal ball around. By design, expect potential breaks. That’s just common sense and is a design decision spooky made for better or worse. Sucks for sure when they break. Same can be said for a million other things in a pinball machine. Both sides are right here. As a buyer you just need to know upfront this stuff can happen and if you decide to buy it, you’re accepting the responsibility. I would just want to ensure spooky is there ready to replace when it does happen and that appears to be happening.

2 weeks later
#7904 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Buy a can of this on Amazon. It is pretty nasty stuff so take care when using it. The product spays very well. I did 3 coats about 25 minutes apart. Used about 3/4ths of the can on just the side armor and the lockbar.
[quoted image]

So I have no issues yet but after seeing some of these pics I rather not take a chance so how exactly are you guys applying this and if it were to hit my butter cab would that damage? Covering my cab/armor is perfect I rather not cause damage so any help would be appreciated

2 weeks later
#8586 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

To each their own but I can’t stand to see two of the same logo stacked on top of each other. My years of graphic design will not allow it. Spooky made a classy choice by omitting the text on glass.

I was thinking the same. The CE is perfect. No duplicates.

But hey different strokes for DifferentFolks

2 weeks later
#9210 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s MUCH better than Halloween Kills, which was kind of made up on the spot. David and Danny turned it into a nice tribute to Halloween II which was pretty cool, but overall, not a necessary movie. Ends was the plan the whole time. Some nice Carpenter nods at the beginning, and then it’s a well paced, modern (not a copy, mind you) version of the original

Did you see an early screening? I’m pumped

1 week later
#9617 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's because it's not a proper HW version....imagine a 27" chestburster on the backbox, as well as pf screen, w perfectly lit el surrounding the experience ....game is creepy as hell....( in a sci fi horror way)
Halloween brings a " reality" to a terrifying immersion....absolutely love it
Major "1-2" punch for sure.

And…..no. PB alien has the lit el on the LV and sorry, a duplicative screen in the pf isn’t the difference. Helping to achieve more immersive gameplay would be an actual physical lock, additional magnets, better code - you know, things that actually matter. Oh that’s right - those are all exclusive additions to PB alien and boy do they add to the experience. Nice.

Edit - and if I were you, I wouldn’t want to debate this either as it’s hard to defend when you’re wrong and blinded by jealousy. Well said!

But HW and PB version are both good though - the real answer is, it’s his opinion and he thinks Halloween is more immersive. I’ve owned both HW, PB, and Halloween and man it’s close. They did a great job with Halloween regarding immersion. I love them both although I would give the nod to Alien right now simply bc of more developed code. I’m excited for the new code update for Halloween as this game continues to move in the right direction.

mpdpvdpin - if you really enjoy Alien, get the LV version. It’s worth it.

#9648 1 year ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Just finished painting my house.
[quoted image]

Can i give you mine to paint as you're local? Looks amazing

1 week later
#10057 1 year ago

Please no spoilers at all for ENDs on this thread. Just a friendly reminder as I'm going into it blind tomorrow. Pumped to see it.

Now where is that new code???? Would love to get some info on timing at the very least.

#10110 1 year ago

Guys - just saw the movie in the theater

Really really disappointing.

No spoilers but wow - the decisions they made and the dynamic bw Michael and Cory. I just can’t believe they decided to do this. I liked 18, I thought kills wasn’t that bad but this? Terrible

This no spoiler review basically summarizes all of my thoughts as well. What were they thinking. Michael - is not the Michael we all know. Not taking about ending when I say this - Michael just disrespected during almost the entire movie

Laurie was still awesome though. And the first 20 min were great Then downhill

Thank God this pinball is based on the original

#10121 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL Michael “disrespected” ! Spoiler: He’s a murderer!

Haha I know but when you see it and how they portray Michael, it’s so misguided and not Halloween. I get they tried to swing big but big big miss.

#10150 1 year ago

For those that really enjoyed this movie - I totally get it’s different but the problem I have is that unlike 3, this one actually has Michael in it. That’s what bothered me the most. I liked the story, appreciated the fact it didn’t need to be a slasher like kills but downplaying the real star of the series and even having him being bullied basically was so disrespectful to the character that is pure evil. How do you take the kills ending where the guy was basically superhuman and then have him like this? The inconsistency is frustrating. I just hate what they did with Michael.

Looking back on it, 2018 is really where I’m considering this thing ended as it really was great all around. I never say no to new Halloween though.

#10181 1 year ago

Anyone on this forum play testing the new code for spooky like pinsiders did for Dutch Ala TBL? Just curious if so.

#10333 1 year ago

Those Halloween 3 target decals fit so well. Received mine today just haven’t installed. Great addition

1 week later
#10620 1 year ago

I’m confused. Sure I’m down with a new programmer but the code update we were informed of regarding new assets and animations - certainly that isn’t this guys responsibility now to start fresh and won’t take a year to receive right? I’m reading this as further updates after that big update is with him?

We’re not saying the asset and animation update is now a year out right? If not what is the ETA on just the animation and assets enhancements for the current rule set (which I enjoy).

#10770 1 year ago

It's about time I begin leaving reviews for some games, this one included.

If you love the movie, you're going to love this game. The amount of BS this game gets continues to blow my mind. It's an absolute gem and is never leaving. I'm a big halloween fan though. So unique, such good art, so many shots, toys, multiple playfields, great music and call outs. No it's not perfect by any means but Spooky def gave us something that is original and faithful to the movie we all love.

and that topper - LOVE it.

#10957 1 year ago

As many have mentioned, take the SDTM material as entertainment only. I watched their Halloween review and enjoyed it b/c Zach and Greg are entertaining. However, I watch their videos knowing that these guys are here to sell machines. It’s literally like watching Ford reviewing a brand new car they’re now selling. People that fall for it, especially on what has to be their most offensive yet (the hype/impressions video for TS4”), it’s on them. Just no common sense to walk away from that TS4 video as anything more than a sleezy sales patch. But I’ve already detailed that out on the TS4 in or out thread - has over 80+ likes so check it out if you haven’t seen it. Luckily the market caught on and now the game is dropping in price like it should.

When it becomes extremely complicated though is that SDTM gets the dealer discount for these machines which allows them to price it much lower than the rest of the market so when they dump the game, it’s not the same as the every day guy like you BUT at the same time, it also allows an every day guy like you and I to get a great deal so I see both ways. Yes it could impact the market temporarily, appearing as if the value dropped (even more) however people get the fact it was a dealer doing it and therefore, I’m good with it b/c I don’t see others matching it while a normal guy gets a break.

It’s also interesting that once SDTM steps outside of their inner circle of zombies agreeing with everything (which is for sure the minority), they almost seem surprised at the vitriol they receive from the community who’s just calling out a car salesmen trying to review cars they’re selling. That to me is really the disappointing part. Just own it, say you acknowledge that your word can’t be relied upon b/c of it but you’re here for entertainment reasons only so enjoy the show! This report the facts nonsense just makes things even worse. I think it would come off so much more authenticate if they just laid the cards out and said have fun with us, we know we’re literally the most bias source you could probably find but we’re still some of the most entertaining people in pinball! Community would appreciate it b/c that’s the truth.

TL:DR - IMO Greg and Zach are top 5 entertainment wise - operative word being entertainment. Trusting them on a review of anything is on you.

1 week later
#11213 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I apologize, but if I give an firm answer and miss that deadline it's going to be more disappointing. Only posting since some seemed less certain about an update coming at all.

This is great news. Please remember to increase the volume of the great Halloween theme during hedge mb. It’s still hard to hear. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#11478 1 year ago

Paging halloween code - where is the hype on this from Spooky? What can we expect since it's coming literally tomorrow?

#11563 1 year ago

Any adjustment to how sanitarium pf is being used?

Did the Halloween music theme get louder for hedge MB?

Excited to check it out tonight!

#11581 1 year ago

Same just 1.08a again.

#11614 1 year ago

Best ball save animation/video I've ever seen. This update is already a win.

#11651 1 year ago

Don’t want to repeat - but what many have summarized is accurate - much better video clips and more of them. Dare I say we have enough right now and I much rather you guys focus on these legacy terrible animations like sanitarium and the mode where she’s stabbing him with knitting needle - wow that stop animation is bad.

Some sound during hedge mb was raised but please please please spooky increase the Halloween theme during it! It’s literally the main theme of the game and it’s not nearly loud enough. It’s probably the quietest music in the game right now which is crazy.

God that ball save is so epic. Def great improvements, if limited but I’m excited to see what’s next. Maybe just the volume for mb can be a quick hot fix?!

#11662 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

There's music and voice adjustments in the settings now, try turning voices down and music up a bit, see how you like it.

I saw that but the main theme is much lower than all the other music so we're left with all the music now being really loud, drowning out the other modes. Spooky needs to just increase the volume of the Halloween theme.

1 month later
#12439 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Shipping out tomorrow for fsumassey his house and vine mod that he bought from Vimtoman. My daughter painted for him. Any other mods you want painted lmk. She’s very good.

Wish mine wasn’t already installed. Don’t even remember how to install it originally but wish I would have mailed it out to you first

Looks great

1 month later
#12806 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

#80 here. I’ve had my game 15 months or so. You raise some valid points, and I can’t argue with you. The theme and art mean this one is a keeper for me, so I’m in it for the long haul. I just have to keep the faith that Spooky will fix some of the issues.

This is my view 100% as well.

As for Scooby, I got bored watching it after 15 min bc of that layout so I def appreciate what this layout brings but it does need some attention to take it to the next level.

1 week later
#13026 1 year ago

Haven’t had a chance to install yet but any chance the Halloween music is louder in this update? Didn’t see it in the release notes but was hoping that was an oversight as it’s criminal that the volume is so low for this amazing mb

4 weeks later
#13478 1 year ago

Finally got a chance to update the FW. Maybe I’m just hearing things but the Halloween theme during mb sounds louder to me. In fact all of the music does. Loving it. I’m hearing though major silence during certain transitions or loops ending than I recall before. I’ll still take it

#13547 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I think I was one of the first owners of this machine to add knives to the hedge Michaels. I felt like the little figures were meant to be holding something. Otherwise, without the knives, the Michaels look like strippers / pole dancers when they come swinging out![quoted image]

Seriously I thought mine had these already! Wish I never saw this haha. Where did you get the little knives?

#13661 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Great choice as JP pro is Awesome!
Halloween is very nice but JP is Better

If you’re going JP, you need the premium. Some games don’t matter and

Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Thanks to those that suggested using a spacer on the subwoofer and to adjust one of the shaker motor weights 90 degrees. Shaker is near perfect for my preference now and the bass from the subwoofer is much clearer. AND no more glass rattle!!! I used this spacer from Amazon Atrend Universal MDF Constructed... amazon.com link »
This pin frickin’ rocks (when it’s behaving )

Just bought the one you linked - how did you apply it? I’m trying to remove glass rattle too

3 weeks later
#13910 11 months ago

Saw a ton of new posts and thought new code!!! but no - just an add me to the list explosion.

Sweet.

Spooky - any update?

1 week later
#14026 11 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Super quick update: the bulk of the work for the next updates (HWN & UM) is done, testing and tweaks are under way, and when that's finished, we'll be good to go for release.
Roostking send me that tilt video - [email protected] - and thanks everyone for your ongoing support.

Glad to hear! Any tidbits on what we can expect with the update?

2 weeks later
#14184 10 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Well it is time based as far as when we have agreed we want to see it done. However Matt has committed to finishing the project to the objectives we promised to be finished. I'll try to break down what we have committed to.
1. This update will include the final expert mode of the game which brings us to a total of 8 main Jack-O-Lantern modes.
2. The next main objective is "The night he came home" final wizard mode to culminate the game. Which brings us to 2 total wizard modes in the game as promised.
3. Jack-O-Lantern sub wizard multiball mode which is complete.
4. 3 main multiballs which are already complete.
5. The Judith add a ball jackpot feature which is already completed.
6. Further we have many additional assets including clips, text, scoring additions, polish, and bug fixes on the list.
7. (also boobs)
That should all wrap up together with a very respectable 15 mode game.
I'm also not opposed in any way to continuing to spend and invest on HWUM code as long as I can get a programmer to do it. We have done tremendous work over the last 2 years to set ourselves up to offer code support on our games for much longer and also release them with better and better code at launch. For now though what I listed above I believe fulfills what we laid out from the beginning!

This all sounds great but wanted to confirm - new animations are coming as promised right?

#14189 10 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I believe they have already implemented many new animations. I am not sure what is left at this time. I should note obviously there are assets in the new expert mode and will be in final wizard as well.

Appreciate the response and totally get there will be new animations with the new modes but it was mentioned earlier that previously released animations are being replaced. I thought what’s been updated with the new code was a taste of things to come but what your response sounds like is that no old animations that still exist in the latest code are being replaced? Just wanted to confirm. It’s disappointing if so but want to know what is reality at this point.

I can live with it but the sanctuary animation is really bad. Hopefully something can atleast be done to that one

#14198 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

First Kill mode is likely the young michael's mode since that's the image for it and well... his first kill.
This new mode we know about now but it wasn't originally in the game so we are getting an extra mode, and they made Judith and actual multiball mode with its own rules, so we did get two extra modes that weren't in the original game design layout presented to us. Judith MB mode though still needs some assets, sounds, etc cause it's kind of just a mode that you can start and its in the background, so hoping that gets some love to make it stand out more
Game has lot of modes already, so I think the polish aspect is what is most interesting, as I do feel the game is mostly complete, but needs some fine tuning on various aspects which sounds like they are working on.

I agree. If they said no new modes besides wizard but we're going to clean up some of that jank, that works for me. The game is pretty loaded already - that sanitarium animation though is just abysmal.

Spooky - please at least correct that if we're going to take off fixing the remaining old animations. The game has so much going for it already that legacy cleanup should really be the priority.

#14209 10 months ago

I'm just happy the halloween theme song that plays during MB is much louder! Thank god that made the cut.

3 weeks later
#14642 10 months ago

Thank you spooky. I was a little concerned you would let that sanctuary mode assets stay as is and the updates are much better. I wanted manual sound balancing and you did it - including MB volume which is great. I wanted that first kill mode and it looks amazing. I like how you changed the special skill shot video too.

Overall - the update looks really good. Thank you.

3 weeks later
#15112 9 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Good question, just "Don't Fear The Reaper" on Halloween and the Pigmon Multiball song on Ultraman

Really? is there a reason why it wouldn't or couldn't change the other MB songs? For example, I want the Halloween theme louder (even though it was increased earlier) and I was hoping changing this setting would change it. Does it not? If not, can that be changed i in the next update?

4 months later
#16310 5 months ago

So I’m officially out of the club as my Halloween sold.

Although I took the biggest loss I’ve had on any pinball game ever (bought butter), I never had one issue with the machine. I also think the cab art is some of the best ever. Huge Halloween fan but the playfield layout was the ultimate dagger for me - and not b/c it’s tough, it’s just clunky. Code continues to get better and I appreciate Spooky’s continued support so hats off to them but I just hope they put more focus on PF design going forward (as I think Scooby is one of their worst after playing it multiple times).

Again - some of the best themes in pinball, some of the best people in pinball and I would def buy another Spooky. I still have my R+M as well. Good luck Halloween club! I needed room so who knows, maybe I’ll be back ; )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.