IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delawarejason.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6317 1 year ago

I just got my Halloween LE and my upper playfield coils stopped working. After some quick checks the fuse (5A) is blown and I’ve replaced a few and all blow when I power up the game. Whew it last worked there was a burning smell and the game went a little nuts. All of that lights lit up? The screen glitched a few times and a hot plastic smell wafted from the game. Anyone else have this issue?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#6846 1 year ago

There is a LOT of information on this game and 137 pages to read. I just received mine and had two questions:
1. About half of the time my ball won't load into the shooter lane at the start of a new game. Sometimes it's the second game of the night or the third, so there is no pattern as to the initial game or subsequent games after it boots. Anyone else have this issue?
2. After the ball leaves the sanitarium through the drop target it almost always drains down the middle without any chance of recovery. To add insult to injury, there is no automatic ball save as at that point either. I see the issues with the diverter on the top playfields but is there something similar that "aims" the ball out of the underside of the sanitarium?

Otherwise, I LOVE the game. The LEDs are done right, the shots seem about right and I am confident that Spooky will include some interesting code to make the sanitarium more interesting. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

1 week later
#6962 1 year ago

Me again. I posted last week with issues involving failure to launch balls on about every third game. Typically the first game after boot up is Ok but now the problem has progressed to the point I only get one game then have to reboot. Some suggestions were to take a look at the trough and possible add a washer or spacer. I took the apron off and took the following pictures in hopes someone can see a glaring problem for me to adjust. Thanks for any tips.

268123D9-8352-46F8-9E39-5086F46B79D2 (resized).jpeg268123D9-8352-46F8-9E39-5086F46B79D2 (resized).jpeg777FC383-1186-4DC4-8582-FC9705A37AAD (resized).jpeg777FC383-1186-4DC4-8582-FC9705A37AAD (resized).jpeg91CB9F5C-8C3A-4625-9AEF-481C5537E421 (resized).jpeg91CB9F5C-8C3A-4625-9AEF-481C5537E421 (resized).jpeg9852A7FD-849C-4C56-AA3A-E1019393A4D2 (resized).jpeg9852A7FD-849C-4C56-AA3A-E1019393A4D2 (resized).jpegF8ED795F-1A3A-4C8F-A2F5-A7F9EEC39C5C (resized).jpegF8ED795F-1A3A-4C8F-A2F5-A7F9EEC39C5C (resized).jpeg
#6964 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Search this thread for my posts. I had this same issue. I removed that screw and not that you did not in this picture. Added some spacers to that cover over the tough.

It seems our issues are slightly different. Mine is not misfiring, it’s simply not firing at all. Almost like it’s more of a code issue than mechanical. Regardless, I’m checking out the rails and resetting factory settings.

Update: the only thing it seems to do at the start of a new game is partially activate the right flipper lift. There is no coil fire but will in test mode and all coils and servos check out Ok. Hmmmmm…

1 week later
#7184 1 year ago

For those that saw my previous posts, my problem has progressed. Here is my timeline of events:
1. From time to time a new game would not launch a ball
2. I soon realized my flippers and other coils would not fire on the games that a ball would not launch but not all games would have this problem
3. The issue progressed until only the first game would work after boot.
4. Sounds like a logic issue so I called Spooky. AJ sent a new CPU and it is installed and was a little perplexed by the issue as well. No Luck...
5. Today I wake up to find the game won't even give me one game now.

I have reinstalled 1.07 a few times with no progress. What's interesting is that I can't get 1.08 to install at all. I have my 32GB flash drive that I used last time, formatted FAT32, and have the no extra characters. I used the dongle, I inserted into the CPU directly, booted, rebooted... nothing. My beautiful game is now just decor in my game room. I have included pictures that help show there is no power to the coils. All fuses are in tact (originals) and show now signs of stress. Any ideas from the group?

IMG_6872 (resized).jpegIMG_6872 (resized).jpegIMG_6873 (resized).jpegIMG_6873 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#8067 1 year ago

I keep reading about Spooky's excellent customer service and wanted to share my experience with this game...
When my game arrive it had no plaque, would not launch a ball when the game began, and had some other minor issues. After a few calls to AJ, to his credit, mailed me a new CPU and new board (Pinotaur). SUPER!
Now the game tilts randomly, the left elevator raises and falls all game, and a few lights are out, most notable is the Jack-O-Lantern. I am fairly new at the pinball world so I asked if a tech in the area would be an option to take a deeper dive into the machine and they refused to pay. The tech is currently contracting with Spooky for Halloween game that was also experience major issues near me but won't extend that offer to me. They said I could ship it back to them at my expense but that's another $600 and the game is less than four months old.
I called and left four messages this week for AJ and Morgan and did not receive a call back.

It seems they have, historically, had a pretty good track record with customer service but I can't say I am seeing that. I know the game is dropping like a rock in the rankings and I think it's largely due to the issues we are seeing on the forums and others that are having a similar experience as me. I was super pumped to get this game but now I can't even get it working to sell. It's been a very disappointing first experience with Spooky.

#8095 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hey, man. This is sad and my heart goes out to you. Many owners act like since there's is fine all is well, but this title seems to have a lot more issues than usual. Did you buy through a dealer or direct from Spooky? If through a dealer I'd say it's time to ask your dealer to get involved and create some solutions. Good luck and let us know the result.

I got the game directly from spooky. I will certainly let everyone know how this plays out. I want this game to do well and Spooky to be the premier boutique pinball manufacturer they want to be but they have to earn both. I believe that starts with customer service and maybe a little tighter QC on the front end. Stay tuned…

1 week later
#8486 1 year ago

I wanted to follow up on the status of my left elevator issue. I was contacted (through DM) by a helpful Pinsider but I am now at a total of six calls to tech with the most recent being today at 3:00 EST. I have yet to get a call back and my game is still unusable since I received it. I am excited to play as it sounds amazing. I definitely think it's an opto issue but they are all connected to the correct spots on the board and all seem to go in the correct direction on the playfield. I can't tell with certainty which wire goes to which opto on the left subway as they are tight and there are several sets of them.

On a far removed side note, I did order the Halloween glass protector that another post shared and it's great for the price. I would recommend it. It may not work, but it's a hell of a good looking game...

#8547 1 year ago

Ok, after some help from a helpful pinsider, I was able to determine my left lift was due to some pin connectivity on the board that was replaced. A few wiggles and it seems to work. While we were chatting, I realized I had about half of my flashers that are also not working including the Jack-o-Lantern. During the flasher test there are only a few lights illuminated and many that are not on. I assume this is a fuse issue but the ones on the board are lit up and green. Are there other sets of fuses that may be controlling the flashers that I am missing?

After 87 days of ownership, I was able to play my game today as it was intended to be played.... LOVE the game!!!!! Don't love Spooky's customer support though.

Let me know if anyone has thoughts on the flashers. All other lights are working normally.

#8556 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I had another issue that required re-seating a connector on the pinotaur board. Also had an issue where one of the pins in a connector was not pushed all the way in causing my right flipper to stop working intermittently. Pinball machine ownership can be frustrating at times. These kinds of things happen on all games, not just Spooky games. Even my CCr had a connector not plugged in, and a leaf switch that was always closed. My game plays great now, but had issues out of the box. Another issue where the balls wouldn’t consistently launch out of the trough. That was really frustrating but I finally figured it out. Glad you are almost dialed in once you solve the flasher issue.

I had the same trough issue. They could not find the problem so sent me a new CPU and board. I am curious how you solved the trough issue in case that pops up again.

2 weeks later
#8986 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

There's always at least one of you guys and it's the reason these little things get dismissed over and over again. If there was something missing from the CEs that was promised, this would have received more attention. Yes, it's a little thing... So is the shaker, speaker light kit, and knocker, but I still paid a hefty premium for them.

I have a CE and I never got my plaque either. I have called a few times and mostly never got a reply on my plaque or my playfield issues. When I did get Squirrel, she said she would get it in the mail ASAP. That was a few months ago.

1 month later
#10889 1 year ago

I know we are talking about the sale price of the game but can I ask an unrelated question? I had to replace my board a while back and that fixed my issues but left me without a few flashers. The most notable is the jack-o-lantern. During the flasher test there are many lights that do not illuminate. I called Spooky and they had me check the connections for 0 and 1 and they seem fine. When I plug and unplug the GI lights and a few others turn on and off as they should. I am looking to get lights to the slings, jack-o-lantern and a few others that really make the game pop. Does anyone know where the controls or maybe a specific fuse lives for some of the flashers? The fuses are all lit up on the board that (I think) indicates they are working as they should. I don't see any additional fuses and all of the cables seem to be fitted correctly. Thanks for any help you all can provide!

Now back to our regularly scheduled debate over resale pricing.

9 months later
#15435 8 months ago

Hey guys! I follow this thread religiously and check in a few times a day. I agree that the game has dramatically improved with the new code and I am glad I held on to it.

I am having an issue currently that "feels" like an opto but my game will not start as it's looking for a lost ball. I have taken the balls out and they are all there but the game will not start. I know I have read about this in earlier posts but with 309 pages of posts, I can't find it. I searched for lost ball, ball search, etc but no luck. Does anyone recall where that is or know of a solution? Appreciate the help!

#15437 8 months ago

I definitely have all of the balls in the game. This happened while I was playing the game after about 4-5 games in. It crashed, I rebooted, and now have this issue. Is the trough optos or switches? I haven't "opened the hood"yet for this issue...

#15442 8 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

When it crashed, did it show an error on screen (did you get a photo? or you can get the log by inserting a blank USB stick) or did it just instantly restart or something else? If you can email me [email protected] I want to stamp out all crashes.
Regarding testing your ball trough, there's a menu item called TROUGH TEST that will show you the status of all the trough switches and allow you to eject a ball and check they all change too. That can be a good first step if you suspect it's not counting balls properly.

I will get that log tonight. I THINK it said something like "I am sick" or something to that nature when it crashed and then gave a lot of code on the screen. I will email that over this evening. Thanks for the help...

#15463 7 months ago

Update to my lost ball issue that was a suspected switch issue. I don’t see a switch 60 in the switch diagram. Anyone ever wrestle with this issue before?

IMG_5592 (resized).jpegIMG_5592 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#16263 5 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:This is most likely a setup question, but i seem to have had trough issues for quite some time, and it wont detect end of ball. I have to manually intervene everytime and its pretty much every game now.
In the pics attached, you can see one with space before the ball gets over the plunger and thats when it works. The other, you can see the ball is farther towards the cab and the end trough switch isnt registering. How do I keep that ball from moving forward like that.
Game and code are stellar otherwise!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the same problem and have reached to Spooky just last week. The switches are all functioning properly and the weirdest thing is that its fine when the ball save is on. I thought I was the only one with this issue, whew!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 49.99
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delawarejason.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=delawarejason and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.