Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#251 2 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Seeing the CE in person does make me a little bummed that I chose to get the BSE instead.

Spooky was making 1250 machines regardless of the model, can't you just contact them and ask them to bump it to a CE instead? After all BSE models are no way near close to being produced, I would think it's possible to do.

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

GNR is horrible. Played it again today at my local arcade. On looks it’s worth the money, but playing it definitely not worth it

Totally disagree with you, GNR is fantastic once you KNOW and have the understanding what your doing. You cannot possibly see that in just a few bucks in game plays. However not every game with different styles of play is for everyone, with that said I'm also stoked while waiting on my HWN CE as I'm getting closer everyday.

5 months later
#4832 2 years ago

I'm #335 non butter, fully paid off invoice and waiting on delivery notice now.

#4883 2 years ago

Just received my tracking info today, HWN CE #335.

#4961 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Having a little fun. I think that it fits in quite nicely.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Love that, please do tell where you bought the pumpkin head.

#5087 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Just a thought about the wear/discoloration on the powdercoat.
Why not just apply mylar temporarily to protect the finish until a solution is realized? Seems easier than clear coating for protection.

Cheap enough and when it gets shitty just peel and replace.

#5226 2 years ago

By any chance is there a flipper coil strength setting anywhere? They seem a bit way OP.

#5238 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

Aside from the upper playfield issue that's been addressed, has anyone had any issues with the ball getting stuck up there? I've had my game for a week and everything was playing great but now the ball gets stuck every time in the little channel before the ball can drop back down to the middle play field. I haven't moved the machine at all this week. Even if I put the ball on top of the channel, it has to roll a few inches before it falls into the channel to drop down. Any ideas? I emailed Spooky already but know they're out for the weekend.[quoted image]

That whole top piece is held in place by the two Phillip screws. Remove the screws and reseat the plastic in place, one of the two might have to be moved slightly (most likely the right one) downward towards the main playfield and this will open the gap enough and allow the ball to pass through.

#5240 2 years ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

Anybody else having issues with air balls on the middle playfield? I have confirmed with spooky that there is no way to turn down the flipper power. They suggested I take a look at the flipper rubber and there is no issue there. But in playing three games tonight I broke the top of the pumpkin off, dinged the knife and broke the fencing off the Sanitarium. The upper playfield seems fine.

This game needs flipper coil setting for sure, they seem way OP. Many airballs as well and the rubbers and game pitch is just fine.

#5287 2 years ago

I see the typical Free Play.

So how do I see the tech alerts to see the error?

#5314 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ugh first game. I guess the fix is to move the plastic part on top?
[quoted image]

Yep loosen the right hand screw and slightly pull that right side downward towards the main playfield and then re tighten the screw on a slight angel or maybe even tap a new screw hole. It's a 5 min fix.

#5393 1 year ago

"Haddonfield, Benton.... These small towns are all the same but he only calls one of them home"

Well played Spooky

#5400 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

I know everyone says this game is going to be great but I’m seriously having my doubts. Every podcast I listen to and every stream I watch when people bring up this game they have nothing good to say.

At lot of these streamers are competitive competition players and with that being said they love modes where they can stack and exploit them to rack up a ton of points. Halloween is more of once you start a mode another will not until you finish the mode you started so you need to make your shots to progress in that mode and finish. It's a great game but you'll most likely never see it in tournaments for the reasons I just stated.

#5457 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Did you update and make sure you're on the new 'b' code? That can clear up audio issues...among other things.

I know for sure when mine was delivered a week ago #335, it did indeed have 1.06b installed.

#5508 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I vote for SOL. Also the lock down bar. Best solution 2k max clear coat.

I picked up a two pack from amazon of course the instructions were not in English and the only visible instruction with pictures on the label bottom, they covered up with their stock labels lol.

#5518 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Huh...I've been looking for it in Bob & Linda and haven;t seen it yet. Probably another mode running screwing things up per usual.

It's in there but I believe there is a specific order of shots to be completed for that video to play.

#5547 1 year ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

How did you move the flooring up? I am having the same issue, I loosen the screws, works for a bit, then sticks again... so I tighten the screws, and it works for a bit, then it sticks. Getting tired of opening the glass and ruining a bunch of games. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

Another method you can try is if you have a hot air gun or air blower. Set the heat up, warm the resin a bit that it becomes softer to move, get a shot glass or something etc... that is slightly larger then the pinball and while it's hot spread it open place it in the channel until it cools. Hopefully it retains it wider gap now.

#5556 1 year ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

That is a GREAT idea... thanks

Let me add just to be sure lol, do this to the resin when it's removed from the upper playfield and not while in the game.

#5572 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Did that method work or Did you melt the upper playfield and the paint?

Remove the resin part from the machine first, then heat it with the hair blower or heat gun until it softens a bit, not melting soft. Keep the heat back 10-12 inches from the piece while heating it.

It worked for me.

#5589 1 year ago
Quoted from gameroompinball:

Updated code and still the same... stuck in "calibrating switches".
Also, the ball that was in play when I started with the issues was in the scoop in the middle / lower mini playfield and never came out. No ball search or anything. I shut it off and did manage to remove with a magnet.
Any other ideas?

Just a thought but have you checked that nothing is obstructing any of the opto's? Maybe if thee is one slightly out of alignment or blocked somehow it's hanging on that switch?

#5596 1 year ago

Question, not sure if it was already covered or not. With software version 1.06b we were playing a four player game and the first player dropped all the drop targets. The targets don't reset player to player and stood down for all three balls for all four players. Is this a software bug or by design?

#5598 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

That cant be by design. Each new game should begin the same.

I agree 100%, has anyone else noticed this. In fact other then the start of a new game even on single player, they don't reset there as well.

#5670 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Cards installed. [quoted image]

Love them, awesome work!!!

1 week later
#5885 1 year ago
Quoted from IVPinball:

How are people's experiences with Spooky's service department? I've been waiting for a week, but no response to my issues and questions email. They were mighty quick when I indicated I wanted to buy a Halloween, not so much now that I've paid for it.

Found them to be awesome, had one or two minor hiccups with the machine during shipping and AJ was awesome and got things straighten right for me with a new part in the mail immediately.

#5962 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Wizard mode looks very cool! Downloaded code, and updated with no issues. Still wondering why there’s no attract mode music or sounds despite each being listed in the settings menu. Not a gripe…just curious when they'll be implemented.

Have you tried pushing a flipper button while the machine is at rest? I'll get a random callout or music from time to time.

#5967 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Yeah, works when you push a flipper button. I just thought attract mode was ‘always on’ or cycled through a set of music/sounds.

Yeah I don't recall the game doing any spontaneous sounds on it's own at all, unlike Sterns and Willams Bally. I know R&M after x amount of loops would play a video sequence if you had it enabled in the settings.

#6059 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Things were great for a while and now ball stuck here again . Tried readjusting screws many times any other ideas ? I don’t want to damage the upper playfield by keeping poking holes . Maybe a piece of metal in between the gap to keep it separated ?
[quoted image]

Take the piece off, use a hair dryer on hot for a few minutes to warm the plastic that you can spread it open easily, get a shot glass or a golf ball (something a little larger then the diameter of the pinball) insert it at the entrance while the plastic is warm to be manipulated and let it cool for ten minutes. It should now hold most of that gap opening and allow the pinballs to pass.

#6067 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just updated my code and had a quick min to play a game and noticed that my michaels all move forward and back when the ball rolls down the ramp. Is that designed that way as it wasn't this way before. Not sure how I feel about that but just curious if it's intended to do so.

Mine does the same when you shoot the left ramp. I much rather see them move randomly in just hedge multiball rather than every left ramp shoot. IMHO that's overuse a of cool feature.

#6074 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Mine did this for a while. My solution was to remove both flaps, sand down the rough edges/burr, and then bent them slightly downward. When I put them back on, I only snugged the fasteners. Since reinstalling them I haven’t have any hang ups (~100 plays). Prior at its worst, they were getting stuck multiple times per game.

I can see snugging the post side, but what about the slingshot post side. If you only snug that as well won't it move from the rubber tension when firing over time which can start to dig into the playfield?

#6079 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I’ve never experienced the Michael creep on mine at all.

Ditto

#6176 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

All in all, it was a good time, I even hit the shot (For the first time) that showed Lynda’s bOOb’s, and these dudes went ballistic and cheered(Great Bro moment lol)

Speaking of this classic scene, did it get cropped more then usual in recent updates? Now we are at a quick nipple glance instead of seeing the boys in full view lol.

#6179 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Don't even know, I was trying not to drain like I did during my first attempt

Actually just watched the original scene and nope it wasn't cropped at all, it's that way in the original film. Must have had her confused with another murder scene somewhere in a different film.

#6182 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

While I haven't seen it since the most recent update, did you remember to re-enable Adult Mode?
Jeff

Yep it's on, I might have been confusing this with one of the friday the 13th scenes (age does this). I just searched out the scene and it is as the video plays in the pinball machine.

#6220 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I wish I had known about that , I would have liked that on my machine

If its a decal they are now signing, maybe you can request it and have them mail it to you after they all sign it and you stick it on yourself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=deathhimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.