IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2193 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Swap them all out. They are not high quality at all.

Just like Stern and JJP - cheap stock rubber is the norm.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#2754 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

just don't like the outlook of the game.

What about waiting for delivery of the actual game, playing it ( ) and then deciding for themselves if they like the ACTUAL game rather than the "outlook" of the game?

Having said that the term "outlook" is often used by commodity/share/crypto traders and speculators, so it's probably a pretty good description of whats going on here. This hobby has changed from "I buy pinball machines to play and have fun" to "I buy pinball machines due to FOMO, to make money and to impress my friends .... I dont know if its fun or not because I dont really play it and since I dont know if its fun or not I need to listen to a podcast to decide for me."

As far as hobbies go, pinball has always been dirt cheap even when you factor in an occasional loss on the sale of a game. These days it's ridiculously cheap. Most of the whingers in these threads are sitting on collections worth 2-3 times what they paid for them and they are losing their minds over losing a $2K deposit on one game.

Alot of the panic crowd have also been besotted by the next game that has released since they commited to HWN/UM. Rush? CCR? GZ?

#2786 2 years ago

Ironically, all this sh*t posting about HWN/UM has me even more excited to finally get my game.

#2839 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

My concern here is that even the promised rules updates sound simplistic and shallow. Not necessarily easy per se, but the code doesn't have a lot of nuance.
I picked up a new game today (DP Prem), and while I was at the guy's house, he had me play a game of IMDN Prem. I had never played a Prem before, and I hate Maiden music, but this game was awesome! There is so much going on in parallel, and there are multiple ways to attack the game. Even if you are just an average player, you could choose your path through the game (focus on modes, or the [whatever it's called] multiball, or the Power cards, or whatever). In one game, it drew me in. I could see the game has legs, and could last in a collection because the path wasn't so linear.
Moving over to HWN/UM, the code is so barren by comparison. Adding another mode, or a mini-wizard ultimately doesn't change a whole lot about the experience. It's just such a rudimentary take on a ruleset.
I really like the themes of both HWN and UM, and ordered both games () with the intention of keeping the one that resonated with me more. I don't *hate* them, but I'm definitely not connecting the way I hoped, and I'm not sure the expressed rules direction will fundamentally change my feeling. When I first ordered them, I feared I wouldn't be able to decide which game to get rid of. Now I'm far more concerned whether I'll have any desire to keep either.
On the flip side - I DO *hate* Maiden music, and yet IMDN Prem connected with me in one game 10X more than HWN or UM have since I've owned them.
I REALLY want to be wrong here, and I kinda don't have a choice but to ride things out. Hopefully the game(s) turn around, or they at least level off in value so as to not lose my ass x2. Unfortunately, I'm feeling like a re-imagining of the rule theory is needed.
HWN follows a movie storyline, so this seems potentially harder to do. But UM is wide open. Similar to how GZ has tons of parallel variety (shocker - Elwin) UM has a theme that could support the same. I'm not expecting the impossible here (Spooky code rivaling Elwin), but when the price of the games are the same, I'm at least hoping to be in the same ballpark. Unfortunately I'm not even sure if these games are playing the same sport.

You're comparing to what is considered by many to be a top 10 game of all time.

Unfortunately not every game can fit into the Top 10. Not every game is going to be the best game ever. With so many options now, there's plenty of room for lots of different styles of game. In fact, for many like me, with decent collections and having owned alot of games, i'm looking for something different.

In case everyone forgot, Spooky is a boutique pinball manufacturer. There is no point in them competeing head on with the big guys - they'll never win. They need to find a niche, and thats exactly what theyve done here with UM/HWN. I have huge faith in Spooky and both these games.

Remember - "Spooky put the BOO in BOO-TIQUE!"

#2879 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

PSA: Spooky packing material can easily be recycled into kitty scratchpads with some packing tape. Wrap around the ends, and then cover the bottom to catch the crumbs.
[quoted image]

Pinside meets Pinterest.

2 months later
#5392 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I sprayed 2k max clear coat autograde and so far no more of the gold coming off.

To bring some perspective, Stern sold me some very expensive Walking Dead armour a while back and the blood splatters began peeling off after about 1 month. I ended up clearcoating them and they looked better than original. Shouldn’t have had to, but wasn’t such a big deal.

Just sayin’, Spooky aren’t the only ones that have issues. But I’m sure they’ll address it with the high level of customer service we are used to from them.

#5475 1 year ago

Is there anyway you can clean the discoloration on the rails? Or has the paint actually worn off (seems unlikely).

#5480 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not paint, it's powder.

That’s what I meant. Has the powder worn off?

Quoted from John_C:

The gold on the left side of my lockbar is completely gone. The right side is not far behind. Each rail has black areas that grow in size each day. This, two months after taking ownership.
This is not normal wear and tear. Powder-coating, by definition, is more resistant to damage caused by impact, moisture, chemicals, ultraviolet light, and other extreme weather conditions. In turn, this reduces the risk of scratches, chipping, abrasions, corrosion, fading, and other wear issues.
The powder-coating that Spooky is providing on these machines is NOT durable, NOT resistant to chemicals (skin oils), and is NOT resistant to corrosion or fading.
Spooky needs to acknowledge the problem and fix it. If they are not going to fix it, they need to say so and not keep silent on the issue.

So the crinkly powder stuff has fallen off and now just the smooth metal of the rails/lockdown is left? Or is it discolouration?

#5529 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Well I posted a poll asking if anyone is having issues or not with the gold powder coat. Looks like it’s been deleted. Guess some moderator is a big fan boy and can’t point out anything negative.
What a bunch of crap. I love the game but the gold vein powder coat is a big issue and I wanted to get an idea how widespread it is or not. I didn’t bash spooky at all in that poll. Thanks for the censorship because you didn’t like the truth.

Nothing has been deleted.

2 months later
#7277 1 year ago

This came across my FB feed:

F2759BFE-2CB9-41F4-B141-41BF3E5A5E5A (resized).jpegF2759BFE-2CB9-41F4-B141-41BF3E5A5E5A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.