IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capn12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I'm in too... just got the email - # 78' here.

Totally won in the number lottery, nice one!

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone else pumped for Halloween kills? I have have tickets for Thursday night

Got our tickets for Friday night.

2 weeks later
#671 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was able to secure an earlier spot so now I'm really excited (#128). Going butter on this one. Just looking at this machine is worth it to me considering how much I love Halloween.
If anyone wants #312 - I just listed mine. Not a bad number at all, I just want this machine now.

If you’re selling #312, I better ask Joe at Pinballstar what happened, as that’s my number...

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I guess some people expect you to have blind faith in the process when paying 9k for a pin...
That the pinball gods are looking over you and the 9k you spent. Lol

True, this sort of thing NEVER happens in pinball.

Signed,
CGC and Cactus Canyon Remake

#916 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Special K’s pod was ludicrous today. Calling Spooky out for planning to take a year on the code, when he’s bought Stern that took 2 or 3 years to finish. Makes no sense.

"I can't believe they are taking a year on the code, that is stupid!"

-Signed, guy who bought B66

2 weeks later
#1464 2 years ago

SpookyLuke any guess as to when the Knife shooter rod will start shipping with the games going out? I'm not worried about not getting it or anything, I was just curious as to when expectations were, in house, for them. Same with the playfield insert, if anything is happening with that (Not as concerned either way on that one).

Thanks!

#1467 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I had one in my hand today! Testing to make sure they don't wear out! I also did make the insert change but am unsure how many were cut exactly before I did so. I know it has to be getting very close!

Right on! I can't wait for #312, I'm hoping for a nice April birthday present.

1 week later
#1623 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

50 on the line just waiting for Pinotaurs! They are supposed to be here any day. I have been informed me yelling doesn't create boards faster lol.

I blame Ben Heck!

1 month later
#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We weren't sure about the coating that comes on them to us. Raw isn't an option. I'm sure it would be no problem to include it on future games! We always want to add as much stuff as we can but eventually you just run out of time to develope new processes. Just saves improvements for the next one!

Probably should totally add it, before game#312 goes out!

1 week later
#2505 2 years ago

Gracious, this thread has gotten a bit...off the rails

What.gifWhat.gif
1 week later
#2829 2 years ago

312 impatiently waiting, over here...we're getting close!

1 week later
#3127 2 years ago

#312 with the "Pay us some money!" email today from Joe at PinballStar....its going by my favorite Halloween poster...

4293913C-8A4A-48AE-8428-A20C931178F7 (resized).jpeg4293913C-8A4A-48AE-8428-A20C931178F7 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3360 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think that a for sure aspect of horror games is that you do need to be in a dark home environment to really take it in to the fullest extent. I mean imagine watching a horror movie in a loud, busy bar environment it certainly wouldn't feel the same as watching at home in your dark basement at midnight! Don't get me wrong I think it offers steller location gameplay as well, I just truly believe you can't have the true in depth feel until your in the right setting!
Can't wait to see it develope as we continue to add new assets, modes, rules, multipliers, and just overall creepy cool features. I think we are going to make alot of people very happy!

Just go find #312, and tell it to get moving! I'm ready for a game that won't be leaving the house.

#3416 2 years ago

CE #312 was paid in full on 2/3, so I'm hoping within the next 2 weeks or so, for good news.

#3433 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Although I would be happy with either PF, I agree. Visually I think it's more appealing having that hedge cover it like the original playfields. Now the insert is cutting into the hedge when lit and it doesn't look as good. We all understand it's multiball. Rather leave the art as is.
I am very particular about how my machines look and this complaint regarding the insert - I just don't get it. Technically I understand what happened but in reality - it's not even close to being anything more than a passing comment.

Blame the vocal minority, and their mouthpiece, all of which don't even own the game, I'm very willing to bet.

#3450 2 years ago

Yep, delivery request call today, #312 will be here on Tuesday, February 22nd!

#3574 2 years ago

I’ve got some work to do, tonight!
#312 has landed.

CC1306A9-D201-4BFD-A007-594E461B7A95 (resized).jpegCC1306A9-D201-4BFD-A007-594E461B7A95 (resized).jpeg
#3582 2 years ago

Got 'er all setup, and still have most of my back, I think. Sheesh, that was a battle.

Only played 2 games, because I need to do all the cleaning fun, but loving it. My speech/callout volume seems WAYYYYY higher than the music volume, and main volume via audio controls inside the door, is at only 1 bar. I'll figure it out though, when I can make more noise in the house...

HW (resized).jpgHW (resized).jpg
#3676 2 years ago

Guessing it may be too late into development, to try and rope in content from Halloween 2, though I'd love it. Mr. Sandman for the end game song actually would be quite amazing, nice suggestion.

#3738 2 years ago

Time Traveler! Man, I loved playing that at the one arcade I found it at, as a child. Malibu Grand Prix in Atlanta!

#3760 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Right here. Sorry for the early tease, but we're tying to make it as solid as possible before dropping it. I'm off to do some more testing now.
[quoted image]

I'm ready to not fear the reaper! Not that I'll get to that mode anytime soon...

#3797 2 years ago

Drop that v1.06 code, my Spooky friends! I'm ready to not fear the reaper!

#3954 2 years ago

Code updated to v1.06, noticed some nice new features!

Unfortunately, it didn't make me a better pinball player, so I still don't get to see a lot of them!

#3995 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

LOL I hear you there. Best I've done to date was 47 million and change but that was because I got through stalker mode by sheer luck and the bounce of the ball... LOL
If I could just reliably hit that right orbit shot... Practice, practice, practice...
Jeff

Right orbit for me is just...well, might as well almost not even be there. I can not consistently hit it. But, same goes for the pumpkin scoop. I find myself getting to it from the PF above more often than not. It is so close, I feel like my shots are blasting off of it, and ricocheting elsewhere.

#4081 2 years ago

Well, after ~100 games in, I've blown my first fuse. I know there was some back and forth on the 3A vs 5A, was it ok to step them up to 5?

#4105 2 years ago

I've got to get my audio levels right. On one or 2 things that "Loomis" says, it is way over bass'ed. Most of it then is ok, then, the music on attract mode/flipper press, is completely inaudible.

Any tips on what you folks have it set, on? Amp and main volume, that is.

1 week later
#4331 2 years ago

There might as well not even be a right orbit shot, on my game. I never hit it, and haven’t found the shot at all.

2 weeks later
#4653 2 years ago

Overall, I expected to see some more mod choices for Halloween at this point. If I had any creative bone in my body, I'd try, but that is much better left to those that can. Hopefully, some good options come about!

1 week later
#4890 2 years ago

One side point I never mentioned since I got my game a month plus ago…..my topper moves counter clockwise, seems like it’s backwards for sure. Anyone else have that?

1 week later
#5175 2 years ago

Same idea, but I use this one myself

41482CFB-0613-491D-8A29-1A3135B4B064 (resized).png41482CFB-0613-491D-8A29-1A3135B4B064 (resized).png
#5351 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I get it. Let me take over your slot. I'll pay the balance. Got a friend who wants one.

We call that there....calling a bluff.

2 weeks later
#5903 1 year ago

Ok folks, need a little help. I found this on the top playfield, and I can’t figure out if it is from the game itself, or from the House mod….any ideas?

0E76189D-2D1E-47B8-B23A-042162A08E81 (resized).jpeg0E76189D-2D1E-47B8-B23A-042162A08E81 (resized).jpeg60573A5C-7C3B-4843-A4A9-DF69019C07AA (resized).jpeg60573A5C-7C3B-4843-A4A9-DF69019C07AA (resized).jpeg
#5905 1 year ago

Hmm, maybe. I'll have to take a peek in a bit and see. Appreciate it, either way!

#5961 1 year ago

Hey, I remember talking to team Spooky at TPF, and saying we really need a 'I shot him 6 times!' mode, and Bug just casually says "Oh, that is the next wizard mode coming btw". This is awesome, love to see it in there.

#6010 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Looks pretty similar.
[quoted image][quoted image]

OK, my 2 lower outlane foam padding pieces are still there, so it isn't from there, but good idea!

SpookyBug , SpookyLuke are there other places that the small foam pad strips should be? I've got a random one I found in the machine, but I can't figure out where it came from.

1 month later
#7040 1 year ago

Nice update! I'm not a good enough player to find all of the differences, but one BIG one that I love, is the skillshot remembering where you set it, for all balls in the game. No more fast flipping before every shot, to set it!

#7075 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Got in collectors 624 today. Think shippers screwed with it or did something in transit, bunch of parts inside were dislodged and some breakage. Got it sorted with spooky probably so at least it seems to be working.
Do wonder, is it normal for the speakers to give off a constant and kind of loud hum? I updated to new software and checked volume control and I got the volume all the way to one bar only and it's still sounds really loud and the speaker hum just sounds like a radio thats been cranked up waaayyyy to high. Wondering if theres a way to turn down the speakers or something cause it's weird. One bar is loud, and of course going down puts it to zero and nothing.

Gotta adjust the amp volume in the cabinet. It ships with it set way too high.

#7078 1 year ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

What is Skillshot clear, subway wave, and TBD in the new update code settings?

Skillshot clear = You have to set the skillshot with your flippers on each ball, or it stays set
Subway Wave = Maybe stops the Michael wave of all 3 figures? I didn't test that one.
TBD = I'm guessing not decided on yet.

#7087 1 year ago

This is not in the software menus? Or did I miss it.

No, you have to go to the actual amp in the cabinet.

3 weeks later
#7719 1 year ago

Yep, beat me to it! Looking forward to seeing it installed.

#7763 1 year ago

I'm looking forward to that next Spooky game, after TNA, for sure!

#7790 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

One month prior...

samuel-l-jackson-shocked.gifsamuel-l-jackson-shocked.gif
2 weeks later
#8341 1 year ago

Well crap...I had thought/hoped I was going to avoid it, but sure enough, around ~150-200 games in, my gold powdercoating, where my thumbs rest, is going black.

Sonofa...

2 weeks later
#8832 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Did you look at the Neca Halloween II toy set? Includes a Dr. Loomis, Mike, scary pumpkin from the intro, weapons, and plastic fire if you want to set MM on fire. Even includes a Loomis hand with lighter to blow up MM.
[quoted image]

Hope you took them up on that payment plan, what a deal!

2 months later
#11591 1 year ago

Yep, 1.08a still. Nothing new in the menu that I see.

#11620 1 year ago

That Ball Save animation.....<Chef's Kiss>

#11734 1 year ago

Oh man, I've had some hit or miss stuff with my diverter up top lately, and I just figured out why....

I have 1 screw missing, the bottom one, and the top one was about half way loose. That would explain that. Now, to find a screw to go in the bottom part...

Also, my top left glass area is rattling like a mofo, time to find something to mute that a bit, too.

#11741 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Same thing happened to me on my diverter. I never found the screw. I used one from the extra servo that came with my machine. I use rattle tape on mine. It helped a ton.

Oh, good call on the servo! And I've got some rattle tape on the way, I definitely need it.

#11991 1 year ago

I noticed another bug from 1.09 I think....used to, if you drained early but still had ball save, you'd hear the PJ Soles custom call outs "Hey, get back in there", etc. Now, those are gone too.

#11997 1 year ago

Are you sure? She didn't always say that, its kind of random

That was just one I could remember. I know there were a few different ones, but none have fired now, if you drain with Ball Save still on.

1 month later
#12667 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

Was shown it had “10 plays”. Not sure I trust that for the age. The dealer strikes me as reputable, but who knows where this really came from.

Pretty sure plays in audit, reset with each code update on Halloween. At least, they always have in the past, on mine. So, who knows the total plays on that bad boy...

#12673 1 year ago

My left flipper has always had a louder buzz to it, but not so much that it is unnerving.

#12707 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I already have one of those. It’s like a Billy Ripken FF card.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Never forget.

2 weeks later
#12946 1 year ago

Great update!

I did encounter something odd, it happened both times I was in Bob/Linda mode. After completing the drop targets, going to the 3rd playfield, knocking the drop target down, and getting across the top passover, it seems like the upper playfield diverter was stuck to allowing me to get back on the 3rd playfield. If you are up there, and shoot across the passover, nothing happens. The game has to go into ball search, to drop the ball down. I got it to consistently do it, every time I was up there after the first trip across the passover area.

#13137 1 year ago

The ones that are there after a drain, with ball save on, are gone.

3 weeks later
#13399 1 year ago

Audio levels are definitely all out of whack, after the last software update. I just turned my main volume down, which of course just makes some parts really hard to hear, but that is the case for now.

2 weeks later
#13654 1 year ago

PJ Soles had multiple call outs for when you drain early and have ball save on. There were more than 1, and I'm pretty sure they are all gone, as of now.

2 months later
#14626 10 months ago

Nice code update!

My game was so happy about it, it launched a ball into the deflector plastic and broke it. FeelsBadMan, now time to go buy that replacement plastic.

1 week later
#14873 10 months ago
Quoted from SLRage:

So I have an honest question for us owners. Of all the games in your collection, which game gets the most playtime?
For me it’s Halloween but I’m curious how it ranks with y’all?

1) FF
2) TBL
3) Halloween
4) Ghostbusters

1 month later
#15452 8 months ago

I'm looking forward to it!

2 months later
#16087 5 months ago

Happy (Hopefully) New Halloween code day!

#16133 5 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Trick or Treat with Rocket City Pinball! First five orders of Halloween 3D start buttons get 15% off with code RCP-HALLOWEEN !
Sale ends after five code uses, or at midnight tonight, whichever comes first. <ominous voice> Your time is running out....
Conditions: code is not valid on any other items; orders placed using the code to discount other items will be cancelled. If you wish to purchase other items to save on combined shipping, please PM me and I will send you a waive-shipping code for an additional order.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07068-3d-start-button-halloween
Happy Halloween!!!
[quoted image]

Thanks, I've had one in my cart for weeks and forgot. I actually had about 4-5 in my cart, but cleared the rest out for that code.

1 week later
#16298 5 months ago

#312 here, so sorta early. I've had no problems at all, other then breaking my airball deflector over the drop targets. Well that, and the powdercoating needing to be replaced because of the fingerprint oils issue.

3 months later
#16717 57 days ago

Please don't drop the sound m4tt . It was immediately recognizable as Laurie crying/stammering, and to me, important to the game.

#16734 56 days ago

Yep, just watched that scene in the movie, because I thought there was more shown in the movie vs game myself.

Exactly the same.

#16741 56 days ago

lol guys the scene always barely showed anything, the sheet slips down, you see part of a cropped nip for a split sec. That's all.
Now there is the other scene in which she's being strangled with the phone cord and there is flash of boobs again, not sure if that is in the game

This. Here is a DIRECT screen cap from the scene, slightly edited of course...

H (resized).pngH (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capn12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.