Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2504 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It's what holds his shooter rod collection

Ok, coffee on the keyboard moment! Frickin hilarious!

2 months later
#4421 2 years ago

I was invoiced on 3/15 for game 414 and paid in full that same day. Said I should receive it in April. I did not order butter so there won't be that delay, but I did request the team to sign the backbox like they did with my ACNC and R&M. Can't wait to receive it!

1 week later
#4625 2 years ago

Speaking of the knife, I am planning on replacing the fake knife over the shooting lane with a real one once I get my game. Been exploring options and just curious if anyone can give the total length of the fake knife that is in the game? That would make shopping for a replacement a little easier as I don't want to get anything too big (or small). I know there was mention of the Kai Cut 12" which I believe is around 16"-18" total length. Just looking for the actual measurements of the plastic knife that's in there.

Thanks!

#4629 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

From the tip of the blade to the tip of the handle is 17 5/8 inches.

Thanks... Appreciate the quick response. I had a KaiCut blade won on ebay, but 3 days later, the seller refunded me and told me they could no longer find the knife. So I am back on the hunt. I would get the actual reproduction of the original Halloween knife that they sell on that movie prop site, but it is not real metal and I would assume not be much of an upgrade over what is already in there. Looking at the vintage Lamson blades now since that is actually what was used in the movie.

#4631 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Be aware that a real knife will change the game play a little. The plastic one flexes and allows the ball to fall into the shooter lane while a real one won't.

I have never played and do not have my game yet. At what point does the ball fall into the shooter lane with the knife flexing? Are you talking about airballs that may land on top? Just from pictures and video I have seen, I thought the knife is over the shooter lane and the ball launches underneath it? Sorry for my ignorance. Just not understanding when the ball would be falling into the shooter lane?

Thanks...

#4635 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

There are times the ball drains from the mid-level playfield back into the shooter lane over the knife. There have also been times the ball can be deflected off the knife and then down the right drain lane. The plastic fake knife doesn't bother me but I can see why some may want to put a real one in its place. Just be careful of slicing your hand when servicing/polishing the pf. It's a great game - played 20 games today and still enjoying every second.

Ah, okay.. So it is a fluke occasion (airball or falling off upper) when this occurs. I think I can live with a drain in those situations since it is not a deliberate action. As for cutting myself, I will be getting an actual used knife from the 70's and will make sure to dull it pretty good before I put it in! Haha! If I didn't, it would be just my luck to slice myself when working on the game.

#4685 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Because Spooky sucks at code.
Service menu, game play, animations, etc. It is all the worst

Weren't you banned from the Ultraman thread for this exact BS that you love to post? Move on dude..

#4702 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I'm not banned from any threads

I beg to differ... What does it say at the bottom of your last post in that thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/32#post-6830216

That's why you came to the Halloween thread when you never owned or ordered a Halloween. You can't complain in the Ultraman thread anymore so you came here to snivel. Like I said, move along... You wore out your welcome before you even came in this thread. Its a club thread, you ain't in the club.

1 week later
#4830 2 years ago

#414 was supposed to ship out this week, but I put a one week delay on it due to being on vacation from the 17th-24th and being on the west coast, it would have arrived while I was gone. So, now it should hopefully ship mid-week that week (around the 20th). Can't wait!

#4861 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I might put these on.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Curious to see if the scale is correct for those... I am thinking most doll houses are bigger than the mod, so the shingles might be too big. But if not, that is a winning idea! If the scale is right, it will look a lot better than paint.

#4925 2 years ago

Yeah, the way they make their roll over MRS switches, it will work fine in that spot. I put a full set in my R&M and love them. I also added one to a problem switch I had in ACNC before I sold it. They work amazingly well. I am pretty sure I will be getting a set for my Halloween once they have them as they never need to be adjusted and do not slow the ball. Its a great upgrade, even if the traditional switch works.

1 week later
#5459 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Set up #410 yesterday and I'm gonna have to eat some crow regarding my initial worries about NIB issues.
Played a solid 20 games or so and everything worked perfectly. All the upper PF's work great... no hangups... no weird flipper stuff... no crashes... the topper works... came with knife shooter and a fully lit Hedge Multiball insert... lifters work great... both ramps are easy to hit... Michael figures work great... all I had to do was level, add balls and play.
Liking the variety of the modes (they make you shoot all over the playfield) and interesting ball paths. Lighting, ambience, and a lot of the sound is top notch. Game looks/feels sturdy and very well built. Looks great in person, really nice detailing on the upper playfields.
Audio levels still need some love for sure, Fear the Reaper came on and I could barely hear it... some audio clips get cut off mid-word... but confident that'll all get polished once the content is all in place.
Looking forward to future updates, and again just wanted to share a positive unboxing experience and say cheers to Spooky on sending me a fun and solid playing game.
Lastly, the fine folks at Buffalo Pinball will be streaming this at my place on the Bro Show™ tomorrow at 8pm btw if you'd like to see it in action btw!
[quoted image]

#414 just left Benton on its way to the left coast yesterday. So guessing sometime next week I should be getting mine. Glad to hear one of the good unboxings... Most just go unsaid which has everyone nervous due to the ones with issues being mostly reported. Cant wait to get this one!

2 weeks later
#5887 1 year ago

Well, due to some crazy shipping snafu that's taken almost 4 weeks, #414 finally comes home. It will be arriving on Friday the 13th in just over 12-14 hours from now. I have the cans of 2k on standby, so hopefully I will be flipping it for the first time sometime Saturday night after the clear coat dries.

#5891 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

It's honestly not that quick to wear. I haven't CC'd mine yet but I wiped it down with some BonAmi (glass cleaner) after playing a good session and there are zero issues. I've been doing this for quite awhile and it's fine. I do that on all my pins actually. I will CC it at some point though. Enjoy!

Yeah, I kinda figured that. But I also know me... And if I put it in the lineup and start flipping it, I wont get to the CC before the wear begins. It will be better for me to immediately take off the armor and CC it once it arrives today. Then I will let it dry for 24 hours and hopefully never have to worry about it again. I can play it Saturday for the first time. Ive been waiting for 4 weeks while the shipping company screwed around. As long as it arrives undamaged today, I can wait 1 more day.

#5994 1 year ago

So #414 came home on Friday the 13th with zero issues out of the box other than a missing coin box (and topper parts) which Spooky has already sent out once I emailed them.

I intentionally did not seek one out to play before mine arrived and I have to wonder where the negatives actually come from. Because this game shoots great and is a TON of fun!! I sprayed the armor and lock bar with 2k, so I didn't get to actually play until Saturday evening, but spent the downtime installing some of the mods I had acquired while I waited for delivery. The house mod has been installed since these photos were taken.

The game is great and I do not regret selling Scared Stiff or ACNC to make room for it. Although, I really do miss ACNC, but my HEP JD came back so 2 had to go, and WOZ is the wife's, so it won't leave.

20220513_144339 (resized).jpg20220513_144339 (resized).jpg20220514_152851 (resized).jpg20220514_152851 (resized).jpg20220514_220526 (resized).jpg20220514_220526 (resized).jpg

#6164 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I’d only do it outside in an open area, with long sleeves/pants, gloves, goggles, and a respirator (amazon.com link »)

I did it in shorts and short sleeves, but did wear gloves and a respirator. I had zero irritation on my skin from the 2k, although, it is always better to be covered. But definitely spray it outdoors and wear a respirator. I sprayed it on the side of my house and when I went to the garage and took the respirator off a couple minutes later, it was still very potent. I can only imagine how strong the fumes are while spraying it.

On a side note, make sure you read the directions on the 2K and pop the button on the bottom of the can before you use it to mix the 2 stage products. I missed that and sprayed my first coat without activating it. I realized my mistake after the first coat was still wet and then applied the 2nd coat immediately which got the 2nd stage mixed in. Everything worked out well and dried very nicely. I think I put a total of about 4 coats on total. I used the entire can since once you activate it, it only has a 36-48 hour shelf life. No point saving any in the can.

#6221 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

As icyjones said. I asked Morgan if the team would sign my game when the final invoice was issued and they obliged. It’s a nice touch imo. I saw some people had it on their R&M games, not sure if they were doing it on even earlier releases.

I had the whole team sign the back of my ACNC and my R&M. Asked for that on my Halloween as well and got the sticker. Kinda wish they had signed on the machine like in the past, but I get it. The sticker is easier for everyone to sign and then they just put it on. Something really cool about having sharpie signatures all over the back box though. But I know requesting the signatures has become a lot more popular, so streamlining it with the stickers makes sense.

#6271 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

And you can get all of those including the ramp shot in 60 seconds regularly? I’ve done it 3 times in 45 games and I’m a good player.

If I'm not mistaken, the timer only counts down when you are not on the upper PF. When you are up there, you have unlimited time. I could be wrong as Im not looking at the screen when playing but that's about observation my wife made. She said it didn't count down as long as I am up there. And I know I have been in house mode a lot longer than 60 seconds before.

#6401 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Interesting, pretty sure my timer runs from mode start to finish regardless of where the ball is.

I know its been a few days, but just to followup with this... I verified that the timer does NOT count down when you are up at the house working on the spinners. The timer stops when you go up the ramp and are in the house. It only continues once you hit something off of the house playfield, like dropping down into the subway, or getting launched off by the drop target flipping up... Once you hit something not on the house playfield, the timer continues.

So the 60 second countdown is only to get back up there and continue the mode. I watched others play, as well and looked at my timer when I was playing and it freezes every time I am up there.

Just something to note...

#6472 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m not much of a band pin guy myself (other than IMDN which I love…band and pin) I also love brutal games and I’m a fan of Coopers early albums so I’m kinda surprised I havnt gone after ACNC yet. I’ve played it a few times and I know I like it so I’m very excited to get it home and really dig into it. My plan is to have one dedicated Spooky spot at my location and swap the two out every few months.

Of all the pins I have sold to make room for new, I miss ACNC the most. You will love it.

1 week later
#6634 1 year ago
Quoted from IVPinball:

I'm trying to download and install the latest code. In the instructions it states:"Unzip (or double click the zip file to get to the contents)"
The file is a pkg file (code_H78), which none of the software I have on my pc will open. Any advise on which program to use?
Thanks!

There is nothing to unzip. Just put the file on the USB drive (with the original name, make sure there is not a 1 or something at the end) and make sure it is the only file on the USB drive. Then plug it into the game. The game will unpack the file itself. There is nothing you need to do to it after downloading it unless your PC changed the file name.

3 weeks later
#7109 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can anyone tell me when the last code update came please? Trying to figure out if I need to download.
Thanks!

It was 1.08 and was released a few days ago...

#7142 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Tried that it did not work, will try again.

It is probably the USB drive then. Try a different drive. I tried about 6 different USB drives till I found one that my pins like. Now I use that same one for all of my machine updates. These new systems seem to be very finicky with the USB drives, even if it is formatted and setup the way they recommend.

#7156 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Could someone recommend a USB drive which seems to work well with Halloween?

I actually tried some 32gb USB's (back with ACNC and RaM) that would not work for updates... I used an older Lexar 16gb drive that worked fine and has been my pinball updater since. My WOZ had some USB issues in the past as well with updates and that Lexar 16gb works on it too. So now it has just one purpose.

#7215 1 year ago
Quoted from mac2444:

Hi everyone,
New Halloween owner, the game is great so far, build quality is amazing especially at this price point. One issue though, getting balls stuck just below the right hole on the sanitarium playfield. There is a gap between the hole and the plastic trim piece and this is where the ball hangs (see photos). Glass has to come off to get it unstuck. Is this an issues on any other machines? Wondering if my trim was shaped wrong or aligned incorrectly when installed. Thanks!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yours was not installed in the correct position. You will need to undo that screw and swivel the plastic up so that gap is gone, then screw it down into the playfield in the proper location. The old hole will be covered by the plastic, so you will never see it. My halloween is installed correct (like the poster below your post), and my Ultraman came installed in the wrong spot like yours. It is an easy fix and takes 2 minutes. That plastic is only held on by 2 screws and the only one you need to undo and move is the screw in your photo. The plastic will just swivel at the other screw.

#7224 1 year ago
Quoted from mac2444:

Awesome, thanks. I wasn't sure the plastic trim coule pivit properly as it goes all the way up the left side of the playfirld, I thought it might stick out and look weird. Is your plastic trip shaped like mine or does it have the rounded edge that matches the scoop like the photo posted after mine?

Mine are both shaped like yours. And it does stick out slightly at the back on the left but not too bad and no ball trap there. Not the best shaped plastic. If they install lined up on the left, it creates a ball trap on the right. If lined up on the right, it sticks out a bit on the left.

It should have been designed with more bend to follow the upper play field better. But the stick out on the left isn't even noticible unless you are looking for it so don't worry about it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.