IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beegee6533.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#688 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Kaneda, love him or hate him brought up an interesting point that would be interesting to know, Why isn't Spooky's past talent working on this pin?
David Van Es? Animations
Scott Danesi? Music and lighting
Bowen Kerins? Code
Seems like they are the ones that should be doing this pin since its Spooky's best and most expensive pin.....
He seems to think this pin is doomed because code and animations will never be great...I hope Spooky proves him wrong...

I think some of these concerns are legitimate and some are premature. Haven’t been able to play Halloween yet but have been watching streams and other peoples impressions who have played it. It seems to me that these observations for Halloween hold water:

- the game looks beautiful all around
- the vibe of the game in terms of lighting, music, etc seems to be pretty cool and eerie.
- seems to be a decent shooting game and according to some, Spooky’s best shooting game.
- there is good reason for concern about if the rules and code will be up to par with other popular, recent modern pins at this price. It seems like Karl from IE Pinball was not very pleased ultimately and I trust his take on games. He’s listed his for sale after owning for like a week or so. Does that mean the game sucks? Not necessarily but it’s ok to be concerned about this aspect of the game. Hopefully the rules and code make it amazing in time. Spooky seems like a great group of people. Trying to be objective and fair but it doesn’t seem like the current rules and code are really impressing many people so far. I think if someone like Bowen was involved in the rules and the community was made aware of it, there would be way less concern about the game. I guess time will tell how it comes together. Hoping for a great ruleset, modes and animations to come. Not trying to rain on anyone’s parade but like a lot of other people, I’m just trying to formulate an opinion on a game that isn’t too easy to just go and play on location.

#690 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Spooky shared that Bowen was consulting on rules.

Ah ok, I missed that. That’s good news for sure.

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Spooky shared that Bowen was consulting on rules.

Quoted from bkerins:

I no longer work with Spooky Pinball. The first time I saw the layout, the art, and the rules for Halloween and Ultraman was the first time you saw it, publicly. After it was revealed, I gave Spooky some advice on what they could or should do with these games, based on video. I have not played either game at all, and I have not seen my suggestions implemented.
What they do with my advice is entirely their decision. I am not involved in any way. That is not what I would have preferred, but that is what they chose.
I will always root for Spooky to succeed, and I am grateful for the opportunity that Charlie and the rest of the Spooky team gave me to work with them on Alice Cooper and Rick & Morty.

I would now go back to my main concern I listed(after praising what seems good about the game.) So clearly, Bowen is not involved with rules, etc. and this is the part that I wonder about. I have no doubt that the crew at Spooky intend to make this the best game ever. Halloween has many great things going for it so far. But rules and code, to me, matter so much. It’s a matter of personal choice, but the games I like have rulesets designed by world class pinball players and coders with years of experience as competitive players and/or coders(Keefer, Elwin, Lyman, etc.). Games come out and maybe early on the code isn’t fully realized but you can maybe see a framework being laid out that inspires and a trust in the people doing the work based on their prior success in developing rulesets and code. It’s a shame that someone like Bowen isn’t involved in my opinion. I’ve played Rick and Morty on location and the rules and modes seem quite good, deep enough and fun. This doesn’t mean that the new people working on rules for Halloween won’t make it great. There just isn’t much to go on to feel optimistic about that aspect. It’s just an unknown. I love that Spooky reads these comments and it’s a testament to what good people they are, bravo.

#785 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

You folks are a never ending source of entertainment.
I have posted this in the past, but it was never a secret as to who was doing what on these machines.
I asked and had no hesitation on going forward knowing Corwin and Fawzma were handling rules and code.
If you just assumed then that is on you.
Below is a cut and paste of my email communication response from Morgan the day before the sale.
<begin cut>
Design was Karis Borloff lol
rules & code are Bug (Corwin Emery) & Fawzma with Bowen Kerins advising.
Thanks!
Morgan Emery
Spooky Pinball LLC
50 Easy Street
Benton,WI 53803
815-541-0054
On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 6:11 PM Brian Dooley <[email protected]> wrote:
Hey Squirrel,
Looking forward to you folks selling out of everything tomorrow.
Where can I find a list of the team for the machines?
Like programming, rules, design, etc..
I see the Music and Artwork credits.
Thanks,
Brian
<end cut>

I understand pushing back against criticism of a new game but apparently Bowen is not advising in any meaningful way. That’s the point most are making about this. I think the other thing is that the rules/code seem kind of pedestrian so far which is raising some questions about where it’s all going at a price of $8999. Personally, I don’t think it’s amusing. I don’t think anyone is losing their minds or panicking in raising some questions about the rules. Bowen has a lot of respect in the community and he would have only made this game better. It seems like a loss not having him involved. Spooky seems like a really cool company and this is a great theme, art package, and interesting layout. Great rules and code could really take it over the top. I’m hoping it really does evolve in its ruleset as it seems kind of basic at the moment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beegee6533.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=beegee6533 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.