IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpookyLuke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

It is, sorta. I'm one of the techs there and I've had my arms in this machine a lot since it arrived on Friday.
It's been popping one of the fuses daily (on the line that powers the left upper and lower flipper, trough coil and the auto plunger). We haven't been able to reproduce it while myself or the other tech's are there so it usually involves one of us having to run over and replace it every day. It will work for a good while after that, and I've spent a good amount of time testing it but so far can't isolate the issue. The bummer is the playfield is a hassle to drop back down afterwards otherwise we'd have one of the bar or kitchen staff take care of it (more on that in a second).
Few other things that have come up from the hundreds of plays so far since it went on the floor last Friday:
- The wire powering the pumpkin flasher in front of the upper playfield will block the ball from falling down into the subway from that level. It's straight up in the way, and to get it out of the way requires stretching it a bit too much so we are probably going to run a new wire and reroute it.
- The pins/lugs at the bottom of that same flasher are right above the scoop, and are already getting hit by balls. Already had to reattach the green wire. Likely going to 3d print a protector or see about moving the whole feature up a bit higher to get it out of harms way.
- The left ramp sticks up above the playfield, and the screws at the top of the ramp were installed at an angle so balls were getting stuck up there quite often and it required a violent shake of the machine to get them free. The solution right now was to remove the left screw completely but the ramp still doesn't sit flush and a slow hit on that ramp causes the ball to get stuck.
- Playfield is not easy to drop back in place; the right side latch for the lockdown bar gets in the way and has to be manually held up meaning one hand to drop the playfield which is something I'm not a fan of. Once it's clear, you have to shimmy the entire playfield a bit to get it to set properly. Something is binding at the back that likely needs adjusting. Once the playfield is in place, getting that right side lockdown latch installed requires some dexterity.
All to be expected from a game where the paint is still drying, and it's been getting a lot of praise from the regulars so far. I'm sure Spooky will help us resolve these in short order (but it's a good thing I'm only 12 minutes away from the location and picked up extra fuses today)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can help you with several of those things if ya call and ask for Luke! Seems like the board is just slightly under fused at 3amp. We have had this happen several times and a 4amp always fixed it right up. Most likely no actual issue occurring.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Thanks, Luke! The 4A was still blowing so we went with a 5A slow burn it was solid all through league play this evening (with lots and lots of multiballs).
This game is a lot of fun, and it's been a big hit so far. What would it take to get y'all to come out for the launch party

We have been glued to the shop 7 days a week for a couple months but we could try! Ben heck did actually suggest we use a 5amp there so that will be just fine.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Copied off Facebook, but look. #7 has Halloween lights all lit up, no more allowee!! Good catch Spooky
[quoted image]

I addressed it this week! Try to make adjustments where i can. We never get to fix everything sadly but we get to some and if we don't do it on the run we will for the next title!

2 weeks later
#122 2 years ago

https://www.spookypinball.com/H78/code_H78.pkg

ALSO NOTE WE HAVE A BRIEF RULES OVER VIEW VIDEO COMING SHORTLY

UPDATE increased crossover mech hold time
UPDATE general background loop updated (H78)
FIXED jam opto removed from trough count. now ejects any jams when balls are missing
FIXED highscore wouldn't let players using two initials, would always fill in the last character with an a
FIXED volume switches reversed
FIXED in combo side mode, left ramp lights didn't update properly when coming off center ramp
FIXED (H78) hedge removed "A" from "reveal a michael''
ADDED upper pf diverter opens to flipper when mid playfield mode is started and diverted back to ramp when mb starts.
ADDED menu option for stuck switches
ADDED blood mode, collect blood after target bank cleared at after battle mode
ADDED you can now select modes and repeat them if they havent been completed
ADDED blood store / mystery now available. must collect at least 3 blood for store to be ready
FIXED right lifter opto was reporting its reverse state in switch test
FIXED subways will attempt to eject 3 times then stop in case opto stops working
FIXED entering menu system didn't stop quick videos, sfx and coils
FIXED while drop bank is disabled (due to failure detection), side modes that use the drop bank (2) one would still run if they were both queued up one after the other
FIXED UM center ramp volume reduced
FIXED H78 house MB music would play the wrong version at a certain point
FIXED bank targets default power reduced
ADDED light strip brightness power setting
ADDED burnin test in utilities
ADDED music test added to menu system
UPDATE removed unused menu options

#126 2 years ago

NOTE this is not the full depth of the rules nor do we show mention everything in the game! Will be doing another video with the next update showing and explaining more!

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Luke, did you add some blowing leaves in the basic house animation?
Well done, small touches like that will really improve animation and the experience.
If it was always there, well done anyway.

I believe those are new! I know we have many plans for the details like slashing knives on screen, blood spatter, looking through the mask eyes from Michael perspective etc!

3 weeks later
#546 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Would love to get another update from SpookyLuke

I'm alive lol! We have been hard at it! Another killer Halloween code update coming soon with some things you have ALL been asking for!

We have nearly doubled the size of our crew. Couldn't be happier either as we have added many very good people to the team! We have settled into a daily rhythm finishing games. I believe we have tracked down and solved dozens of early issues and made improvements.

The new building specifically for final assembly and finish work has really helped. The crew are really loving having their own organized and well set up areas and plenty of room.

We will sit around 25 a week until Christmas and then bump up once again. I feel confident we will reach 40 games a week at our best quality to date next spring. We are feeling really good about our ability to deliver a great game to all of you.

Can't wait to keep adding content for another year to come! Bug will be doing some more videos to go with our code updates! Hope you guys are enjoying the game so far!

#560 2 years ago

Wizard mode is on the agenda ASAP! I think you guys are going to love it.

#574 2 years ago

That rubber has been fighting me left and right! Just needs a small stretch sometimes and it will work.

Also want to note we are aware it is a little bug heavy right now. We have been adding content rapidly and I do plan to spend a few weeks just bug hunting and fixing after this next big update! No worries!

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Hell yeah now that is a clip spooky SpookyLuke

We are getting there! It really makes us happy to see you guys excited about this stuff! We still have another YEAR of updates. Also we have even more approved clips that are not in the game yet! Code takes time and we are working and hiring to be farther ahead on it in the future. We are always going to come through for you guys at the end of the day!

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Laid back with feet up !! Huge update but still just a toddler .Like I’ve said from the beginning …”Let Spooky do they’re thing .”This pin will be unlike anything out there .I’ve yet to play a pin with “suspense” at the helm (except the first code)and this will shake the hobby when complete .Happy Halloween to All let’s pass out some candy and await the night He ……..

#720 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

This is in no way a negative post, I think the updates are absolutely fantastic so far - but if there's one thing I could offer up as a suggestion, it would be to have some indication on screen, or to transition the video clips to show which mode they relate to, and maybe what stage they are at. There's a section in dnapac's video where house mode and B&L mode are running and clips are playing for both modes one after the other. It just seems a little muddled, so would be good to see some additional indication of which vid belonged to which mode/stage. I think that will polish up the video presentation quite nicely.
I really don't know the best way to do that, maybe a quick animation/splash screen before or after the clip, or something overlayed but not too intrusive to the video (eg, "House Complete!!!")...? Hmmm yeah, don't know - but I'm sure the Spooky geniuses can figure something out.
Getting really excited for this game now.

We were actually experimenting with exactly that this week but ended up taking it out for now because we didn't feel it looked as good as it needs to. We are working on more on screen guidance for sure but just trying to make sure it looks great as well! Totally agree with ya!

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Ball also getting stuck here several times. Any ideas ?
[quoted image]

On the inside of your coin door you should see a service email and phone number

#889 2 years ago

I am here! You guys have certainly laid out a tough one for me this time.

Nothing we do is ever intended to upset our customers or deceive them. The last thing we want to do is wake up and have people not like us or what we do. Bowen was consulted on multiple occasions about rules. Spooky Bug has pages of notes to show for it. We feel it is important to develope our in house team that work together on a daily basis. Our priority going forward are going to be staff that can be in the shop every day! So much behind the scenes that goes on that I wish I could show the whole picture.

A cool and exciting part as we progress with each game and sales is that money allows us to invest right back into our infrastructure and product. Now I could spend a week talking about the 1000 different directions capital gets pulled in pinball to create a great final project but I won't get into that.

I think we are coming along nicely on what is going to be a great game for you guys and our deepest code ever by the end. If you compare where ACNC was at this stage vs Halloween it's no contest!

A few weeks ago everyone was worried their would be no halloween assets at all and now we have 30+ approved clips. Also constantly adding real original audio and will continue to do so! Relax and enjoy the ride guys there are always good things coming!

#890 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I mentioned before but these are the sort of changes I'm really liking. I think of all the code updates I've seen (from streams etc), there were 3 things I thought really stood out were:
- Adding the "leaves blowing animation" across the static screen
- Adding the blood splashes when you hit lit red targets
- Adding the knives to show shot count
These little things make a world of difference - they really give display/animations a great sheen of polish.

I think these are so important as well. You will notice the windshield even gets cracks in it as you progress in sanitarium!

#894 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Bowen said you guys are not implementing his suggestions.
I know you didn't *intend* to deceive, but the end result is still the same. The aspect of this game I was looking forward to most is now gone. "We will have this talent help with the game." "Okay, maybe not..."
There are currently 30-some spots for sale across HWNCE and UMCE (didn't check standards or BSEs). Not going to fool with that market; I guess I just wait and hope it turns out OK.

I think we are adding a ton of things from a really great variety of peoples suggestions! I also think the game is way better than OK already!

#951 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Has anybody got their ball stuck behind the drop target on the upper house playfield?
The ball search won't drop the target.
[quoted image]

Service! Service! Service! We have a new ramp design that fixes that.

#1094 2 years ago

Already changed the ramp design! Just got the new one done this week. Email service and we will get you a new one!
It was a flat out bad design on my end. Rookie mistake. Guys I can't over state how easy it is to just get ahold of us and we will help you. No need to get upset. 9/10 times we can get anything sorted right away.

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You designed the ramps too? Geez Luke! Way to jump on things, wow

Yes sir. All the metal parts, playfield CAD, custom mechs, ramps, etc.

Unfortunately I do make mistakes here and there! All part of learning! I think there is alot to love about this game and I bet a year from now people will be really happy they have it in their collection.

#1100 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I have emailed support for 3 days now and no response. I also have this ramp issue.

This is usually a case of wrong email or spam folder. Forward it to me at [email protected] I'll take a look!

#1123 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I think a lot of people including myself were concerned and after last update we are less concerned...
I looked up the profiles of the pinsiders with Halloween's for sale, and 90% never posted on this thread and most had more sales postings than actual forum posts....Looks like flippers or people not into this game just dumping.

I think a valuable lesson Bug and myself learned is how important getting information to the customers is. I think that we believed most people would wait to play it and see how it progresses to decide. However an early negative review or podcast can really go a long way toward making customers nervous. Many times these reviews are simply mislead or speculation. I think when we complete this flow chart and show how cool the code plan for the game is that will put many minds at ease. I even saw one comment that the game "only had 6 modes of different difficulty". He had no idea there were 4 other main modes aleady in plus a couple side modes with more coming. 2 wizard modes coming with a really cool game long strategy that ties into each or the blood collection system with a strategic reward store. That is entirely on us and we will do a better job of making sure we get that information out there. I think this latest code is actually really solid for this early on and it can become something special for sure. Lesson learned and we will continue to improve and be proactive with these things I'm the future. We have already hired a 2nd full time programmer and it's one of our main company goals to get farther ahead on code and designs in the future. We will be investing in that.

#1138 2 years ago

I'm looking at this one. Not sure if an employee just got wild with his drill or what. You can use a size larger screw. Toothpick and wood glue is also a common fix.

#1169 2 years ago

Should already be back up. I'll take care of it.

Edit: ✔

#1173 2 years ago

Sounds like another one is coming really soon that is just basically a whole pile of bug fixes!

#1308 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Seems to be a complete stall with no recent updates for a least a week or two just based on what's been posted here. At roughly 12.5 games a week of HW (Spooky said 25 a week total for now), pace is going to remain sluggish.
Jeff

We definitely have had weeks where parts issues come into play but not the last 2 weeks. 22 games this week and 21 the week before. Not sure where the complete stall idea is coming from. Morgan was a bit late on invoicing because she was at the show all weekend. We said 18 months the same as Rick and morty. Which if you do the math 1750 games in 18 months is about 22 per week average. Obviously these are the toughest supply chain times of my lifetime but I still feel confident we will get it done. My goal is to end close to 40 per week. We will be constantly hiring, training, and improving throughout. I think with shipped games, licensor/team games, and what's done in the shop getting boxed up we are right about 200 games done total.

#1309 2 years ago

Also wanted to note on the flowchart we stuck to what's very attainable. Didn't want to embellish a ton and make it seem like we are making huge extravagant over promises. We have been really pushing the code hard and hopefully we just blow through it and keep on going.

#1312 2 years ago

I meant hopefully blow through the flowchart ahead of time and keep on adding. I'm sure tons of new concepts and rewards will come up along the way as well.

#1316 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Great updates so far and Nice to hear the new audio clips! Recently my game has started auto launching a ball after I pull the plunger whenever I start my 2nd ball. This is now starting my to happen every game. Quite Odd.

I think probably the switch needs to be adjusted. Must be feeding in to the shooter lane and activating the switch but then settling slightly up and going inactive then reactivation when you pull the plunger back maybe. If not send a video to service and I'm sure he can make quick work of helping ya Monday.

#1344 2 years ago

There is no modified middle ramp

#1349 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Is there a setting for flipper power?

Should be default coded to the best setting for power and longevity. Cranking power up only leads to fade. If you are having trouble with your center ramp it's most likely the triple drops in the center to low or 2 high. They have a huge affect of ramp performance. It is also a 3 story high shot so it needs to be aimed and hit at full power! Not gona be one ya catch on the fly as often. If you email service some photos we could identify if anything else might be misplaced or causing rattle. Hope this helps!

#1425 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Summary for #72
10/6 - Butter/No-Butter email - I did get the butter.
10/14 - Invoiced and Paid
11/4 - Emailed to ask if I missed anything. They said I was good to go and they would let me know when it was done.
I believe #83 got their machine and it was butter too. Just a headscratcher. Like I said I have no problem waiting just to make sure everything works great

This must be some kind of mistake. I'll handle it. We have no shortage of direct print cabinets.
Edit: Your game will ship tomorrow. Employee mistake.

#1427 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

You’re amazing Luke! Thank you so much! <3

No thank you for being patient! My apologies this happened. Usually I can track down something like this pretty fast. Completely absurd error. Easy fix though!

#1430 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Picked up #120 today, and saw plenty of them sitting by the door ready to ship out. No "delay gate" conspiracy theory happening here.

See lol! I swear it's pretty normal! We been shipping around 20 per week and it looked like we might run out of pinotaurs for a couple weeks but it sounds like that got solved! Which is awesome because that will really let us stretch our legs and keep upping numbers.

#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

A friend and I are:
137 Aurium CE
142 dnaman CE
and no word yet on balance of payment etc...

We are a day short next week with the Holiday but we will definitely be well into the 130s. Will be close. Should be the following week for sure as long as Pinotaurs come in on the date they are supposed to!

Really exciting to see how fast our crew is growing and we have been adding some wonderful people!

#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

That's awesome!! now if we can get SpookyLuke and SpookyCharlie to come to PinBrew (the best damn pinball-centric brewfest ever), I'll pay their beer tab for the weekend Skypilot

We are always open to new shows and we try to get to as many as we can possibly handle! Gets tough as we work almost every weekend as well but don't be afraid to send an email and let us know what is going on where!

#1465 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

SpookyLuke any guess as to when the Knife shooter rod will start shipping with the games going out? I'm not worried about not getting it or anything, I was just curious as to when expectations were, in house, for them. Same with the playfield insert, if anything is happening with that (Not as concerned either way on that one).
Thanks!

I had one in my hand today! Testing to make sure they don't wear out! I also did make the insert change but am unsure how many were cut exactly before I did so. I know it has to be getting very close!

#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Waiting to hear back from about 15 people about their impressions on Halloween at Pintastic. Will report back!

Remember also especially on a horror themed game there is a very large difference between playing at a show and playing in a dark basement by yourself where you can really take it in.

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

So the lighting strips are all held on with zip ties?

Yes. Easy and replaceable. Can't see them. I'm happy to hear the light strip replacement went smoothly!

#1517 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Mine came in today! I got the butter cab and dear god is it beautiful. I got to play a couple games. I noticed it came loaded with 1.03. Now if I start a game it reboots every time. when we were playing it would reboot pretty often when you got it in the sanitarium scoop. I’ll reach out to spooky about the constant reboots. It’s unfortunately unplayable as of right now.

That is not good to say the least. Must be a cable that came loose in shipping or a wire getting pinched and is shorting out. I will reach out to our service guy and ask him to take a look asap.

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

That is not good to say the least. Must be a cable that came loose in shipping or a wire getting pinched and is shorting out. I will reach out to our service guy and ask him to take a look asap.

I know that doesn't help with the initial disappointment. Sucks to be excited for something then have issues. We will make it right with ya.

#1602 2 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Has anyone else been having an excessive amount or rejects from the center ramp, where perfect shots come right back down?

It will be the center triple drops causing the issue! Even a tiny hair high or low can really negatively affect performance of the ramp. You want it perfectly flush. They have a couple bolts and wing nuts under the mech for height adjustment. A slap shot or on the fly shot often won't make it up but a solid full power shot should be successful. That's the intended design!

#1605 2 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I don't have any info on mine other than an email a month ago and I am #133. Kind of confusing how people behind me are getting theirs and I still don't have mine and am a location. Absolutely frustrating as usual.

Sounds like it's been in a box and ready to go on our end! Contact your distributor!

#1622 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I'm so excited as it's looking very promising that my game will hopefully be on the line shortly but sadly haven't gotten my invoice yet and I'm #159. Emailed Morgan this morning and she said it could be a week or two and I don't understand as it was stated 144 was the last number I heard on the line. I'm dying to pay for this game so I can have it for Christmas

50 on the line just waiting for Pinotaurs! They are supposed to be here any day. I have been informed me yelling doesn't create boards faster lol.

#1626 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Mmmmmm butter
[quoted image][quoted image]
Edit - powder used is the same as the one Rob Stone uses on pirates. It’s one of my favorite powders out there and glad to have it back here. Identical to what jjp uses on hobbit Smaug edition.
[quoted image]
Spooky learning from the Rick and morty decal damage - now they include metal stand offs and felt protector Ala jjp. Nice job spooky
[quoted image]
Spooky please stop shipping with the topper on. Pieces fell off during shipping and left with this. Hopefully they can be plugged in again and I’m sure you’ll replace if they don’t but same thing with my Rick and morty.
But that butter - damn does it look good compared to what I saw at helicon which is the standard. It just pops so much! Absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had more room just to display it by itself
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
Again I never buy butter - always thought it didn’t make a difference even after seeing it in person. I went to play Halloween a few months ago and came away with the normal art looking flat so I opted for butter and this is exactly what I was expecting with the pop. I could have sworn my rick and morty non butter popped just as much though so maybe it’s just a Halloween thing but very happy with the decision

That is one heck of a collection! We were just talking about a solution for those topper pieces this morning!

#1633 2 years ago

Code 1.04 for Halloween and Ultraman will drop Friday evening!
Heavy on Bug fixes for HW. Following update will be heavy on content again!
Heavy on content for Ultraman clips, meters, sound effects, callouts, text, etc!

Should have many of the major HW bugs solved.

#1647 2 years ago
Quoted from SpaceFury:

#108 delivered today. Has anyone else had a problem getting the glass back in? My glass will hit the stop on the left side before the right side about 1/4 inch. The lockdown bar will run into the bottom of the glass and not go all the way down. I am no sure how they got the glass in. I have measured both pieces of wood were the glass stops at the top and both are the same. I have measured down from the stops to the lockdown bar bracket and both are the same. There is no resistance when sliding the glass in. You can definitely tell when sliding the glass in the left side always goes ahead of the right side like the glass is going in cockeyed? I removed the trim piece to get a better picture and check to see if anything was stuck in there. Any ideas?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Please email service or call service. Had one of these recently at geeks mania and it was an easy fix. Just the tabs under the lockbar bent slightly wrong.

#1673 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just had an airball near the scoop that took out a key piece of plastic which holds the fencing and pumpkin along the bottom and left side of the sanitarium. Sadly my game is unplayable until I can get a replacement piece. Emailed Spooky so I’m hoping they can ship out a replacement piece next week.
[quoted image]

I can ask Morgan to ship ya a new one tomorrow if you shoot her an email John! We are closed tomorrow but I'm sure she wouldn't mind. I will let her know.

#1834 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

On my machine the ball tends to get stuck in the scoop because it gets hung up on the pumpkin cable that's been routed through that hole, after which only removing the glass will fix it. A bit hard to tell from my pic, but the ball is being cradled between the cable and the metal wall. For now I put some packing tape to hold the pumpkin cable against the metal bracket so that the ball will just roll over it when it falls into the scoop, but that's just a temporary fix. Anyone have ideas on a more permanent fix? The best solution would be to route the pumpkin cable elsewhere and not via the same scoop hole that balls go through regularly, but I didn't see any other nearby hole where I could re-reroute it to [quoted image]

We have a permanent fix email service! We also changed it on the line so they are all secured now. Same with flipper bat we have a trick to increase hold strength.

#1837 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Had a very interesting thing happened just now while I was testing, was in the middle of a hedge multi-ball and hit the center ramp, and thought I heard a thud. I couldn't tell for sure, so I kept playing until I eventually drained everything , and just as I thought there was a ball missing. Long story short, it had jumped out of the side of the center ramp and ended up in the bottom of the cabinet. After further inspection I realized the ball can easily fit through the hole off of the side of the ramp on either side. This probably helps to account for the many rejects I'm having off of the center ramp, if the ball is slightly getting off center and bouncing on the way up , it would be hitting the wood rather than having metal Channel it all the way up. I also noticed that the edges of the wood inside are getting destroyed a little bit too, not sure how that is happening
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Email service. 2 plastic sides should be there.

#1840 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Any idea on shipping schedules? Where are they? Did the pinotaurs come in for the 50 that were on the line awaiting them? Still hoping for 163 to arrive before Christmas.

Still waiting. Hoping to get them this week and work all weekend installing them and clearing the 50.

#1843 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

SpookyLuke thoughts on ramp rejects due to the PF entrance being offset to the side?

I think that the ball should be moving fast enough that it would be riding the top of the metal and never touch the playfield. I would also think it would be more torn up in that area if it was hitting it but I can't be sure. Any which way I'll definitely look into it tomorrow.

I will also note that is a 3 story high shot. It's not meant to be super easy as there are many shots in the game that are easily made. It's meant to have to be a full power clean shot. Usually I can hit it 3 or 4 times in a row though from the left flipper. Much harder to get a clean shot from the right. Also as I have noted before the center triple drops being perfectly flush is very important!

#1845 2 years ago

#159 invoiced. Can't wait too get this bad boy. Cmon Pinotaurs, please get here this week lol

We have a whole building FULL of games literally! So frustrating!

Happy to say though we added another great member to the Spooky team today. Will be doing an official announcement on our Facebook page in the near future! Exciting times!

#1847 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Wow that is exciting news - that new DJ guy seems to be an impressive add recently for you. Fun to watch a team being built.

He is insanely smart. Seems like he can do anything we throw at him CODE, CAD, 3D, art, hardware, software. He's virtually a robot! Barely sleeps. Works insane hours not sure how any human could keep up with him. With all that he's just a flat out cool guy who works well with literally anyone. Couldn't ask for more.

#1868 2 years ago

Sounds like Fawzma found a way that Mac users can update the game in home! We will do instructions with the release of it when it's ready!
No extra app or anything required. Just more files that have to be copied to make a full image but it sounds like you can unzip and copy all at once so no extra steps.

No big deal guys.

#1873 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Update the game in home? Does that mean I have to find a PC right now for current update. Getting ready to unbox mine

Email [email protected] he should be able to help you

#1900 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

#138 is in the house. Two annoying issues so far. The first is both wires were broken on the pumpkin. The second was a large amount of saw dust in the shipping box. I had to vacuum everything. The saw dust even got between the display and the plexi. Still no knife shooter rod. I have only played a couple games. It is very different from other games in my collection so that is a good thing. Seems like a fun game.

That's odd. Not sure where the sawdust came from as neither the final inspection building nor the loading dock area has any wood cutting or sanding going on.

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

It's pixie dust!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Look for termites!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3b0578aaffe17fb91309938db9dde3eb36c2b786-1639192136-1800"};
//]]>

Some days pinball really make ya wonder with the things that come up lol. No other reports of sawdust yet so hopefully a single game issue.

#1923 2 years ago

[email protected] is the correct one! Sometimes typing it Gmail will still get it there

#1936 2 years ago

Something like 58 games should be getting pinotaurs put in and boxed up this week so I'm not sure what the number is but it will go up fast this week and next week!

#1951 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hmm, ok…he says he is still working on animations. Very misleading post. Must just be a contract job.

Yeah idk. I do know he's still getting paid to do more animations and we are just about to give him another list of things for Halloween to. The animations are just a contract job though yes.

#1952 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Soooo…what do we make of this FB post by the animator? Does he not currently work for Spooky orrrrr…?
[quoted image]

The animations are contracted out! We are trying out some new talent and will probably try several animators to see who does work you guys really love. We will actually still be contracting Ryan to do more work on Halloween and he is currently finishing up another group of stuff for us. Not sure what he means by no paid gigs. We will be hiring a full time animator but not until we find the right one!

#1961 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Keep an eye on the books Spooky. We want you to know this out of the park but not at the expense of the company going down!

We have been planning since day one to keep adding to HW/UM as long as we can! No worries here guys. We plan to invest in this game and we want it to be the best it can be for ya!

#1968 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I can't find the flipper power settings for this game. I have other companies games and know my way around all my games. But am I missing something in the menu?

It is set default at the best power setting overall for the game. We took the setting out because often times we were seeing people just crank the power all the way up which is obviously not good. Not saying we will never put it back in but regardless you should be a peak power to longevity balance out of the box.

#2003 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Anyone get the knife shooter rod yet?

Shooter rods are all ready to rock all the games on the floor got them this week and they are gona starting shopping all the back ordered ones to customers as soon as they finish boxing up the big backlog of games that piled up waiting for pinotaurs!

#2011 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Bit confused seeing some later numbers ship out I'm 141 and haven't heard nothing about mine shipping yet? Is it because my game is coming from a distributor and not directly from spooky.

Always just email [email protected] for stuff like that. 99% of the time she is either waiting on an answer from someone or its already sitting here done. Always good to touch base

#2067 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

ugh
Spellcheck?

Hey nobody said programmers were great at spelling lol. I will let Fawzma know.

#2093 2 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Didn’t work. And while trying to reset the connectors I lost the flashers on the bottom half of my playfield some how. Called spooky they put me on hold for 45 minutes then I hung up.

Well that's not cool. I will be speaking with the service guy. We will get ya taken care of. I'm guessing a jam opto issue

#2115 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

Any ideas or rumors as to what will be in this code drop?

New expert level mode! Working on it now just trying to work out the bugs before we send it out.

1 week later
#2237 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

That makes absolutely zero sense... Does Spooky plan on changing game layout at this point potentially affecting rubber sizes? Good god I hope not... So... Post the damn sizes so the rest of us can order what we need. This is so stupid.
Jeff

I think AJ was just wanting to double check quick as there are a couple touchy rubber sizes in the game (sanitarium). Nothing like super wild or major changes I think he just grabbed the original rubber list and was going to make sure it was still current. He probably wasn't at the shop at the time of request and wanted to check in person to make sure he had the latest info.

We always give all of our employees the week of the holidays off to be home with the family and get rested up and ready to go at it again. I took a few days off but I catching up now!

Bug and Fawzma are in working on code as well! I am going to go give it a play shortly and see how it's coming! Faster would be nice I know lol.

#2238 2 years ago

Ok now that I got over 100+ games on Halloween. I have one very hopeful change they make too code in the future. When you get into house/sanitarium mode it locks you out of everything and the only pumpkin mode selectable is death in the driver seat. This has got too change in the future I pray. And house mode has got too be timed as it can go in forever otherwise/though it does add suspense to the game. I constantly avoid the center ramp bc I don't want too get stuck in house mode lol.But overall I'm beyond ecstatic with this game and I know spooky will fix this easily with code updates. Just my 2 cents.
lol. Oh and spooky PLEASE add more pumpkin modes bc I can personally say if there is more of these this will make this game perfect.

There will be an additional expert level one in the coming update! We have a bunch more modes to come as well in the future. Atleast 1 more scoop mode and 2 wizard modes, added multiball etc

#2241 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I appreciate the response but no need to defend your time off or your employees time off. I wasn't in any hurry nor had any expectations that my comment would be addressed directly. Thanks!
Jeff

I was just rambling and filling everyone in! I reread and see that it came off that way, my bad. I totally understand the question! No hard feelings!

#2244 2 years ago

Awesome. This game is by far my favorite in my collection and I have Godzilla so thats definitely saying something as it's a great game as well but there is something so special about this game. I absolutely can't wait too see what you and bug have been working on for this game and your future releases bc I can honestly say I'm gonna be a day 1 buyer if it's a theme that speaks too me.

Really happy to hear this as I know how excited you were to get it! I think we have a couple things brewing in the future that will make some people very happy! Thanks for the support!

#2245 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Wow, now that is amazing - I was thinking that just having 8 scoop modes would be perfect, but to also add 2 more wizard modes and another multiball. Mind blown!
After picking up an ACNC (few posts up), and experiencing how different and refreshing the layout is, how its's a real single ball shooter (not just MB after MB aftre MB), and how stunning the sound/animations/callouts are - I'm thinking Halloween could very well become my #1. Excellent work guys, really impressive stuff.

No doubt we will get those things done!

#2254 2 years ago

CODE!!!!!

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The matching powder Shooter face plate is being sent to all owners along with the knife handle shooter rod. Current plate is just the holdover

We didn't include the coated shooter rod face plate in the collector edition. However we do have a source you can buy it from! We did not have a source for coated shooter rod housings at the time of sale.

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I believe Spooky does the powder in house, so it does seem silly that the shooter housing wasn't done, as well. Only thing I could think of is that the housings they use are chromed and they would have to strip that off first. Perhaps they couldn't get raw housings.

We weren't sure about the coating that comes on them to us. Raw isn't an option. I'm sure it would be no problem to include it on future games! We always want to add as much stuff as we can but eventually you just run out of time to develope new processes. Just saves improvements for the next one!

#2333 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am glad to see your third Michael sticks out a little like mine. I thought maybe mine was out of alignment.

We typically just set that back one a tiny bit farther out to try to keep it safer from the ball dropping from the mech above! Probably not really necessary but better safe than sorry

#2394 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

SpookyLuke. Any update on shooter rods for those of us that already have our machines? Over 3 weeks ago they were waiting to be shipped out after recovery from the backlog. Thanks for all you do

They are shipping them every day! They tell me it takes longer than I want it to!

#2620 2 years ago

Hey guys just wanted to answer a couple questions. The shooter rod is finished with 2 coats of poly. Also yes the inset has been changed. I think we are probably at the point any day now that any old stock will be used up if not already there. I will double check next time I am in.

#2621 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Well, we put 40 plays on it after it arrived yesterday, my first impressions, my cabinet is not quite square in the back, you could hear the wood cracking when the leg was Installed trying to smoosh it together, random grey powder or shavings or something inside the cabinet, my backglass and speaker panel are not quite straight either, you have to finagle it to get the glass out, head decals have some slight peeling at corners, which will probably get worse. My GNR sitting right next to it, and my sterns have a nice T molding for a nice finished look with the art slightly recessed , I'd recommend spooky change to this in the future. Also..I don't have a # plaque on my speaker panel, looks like they forgot mine. The shooter housing really should be powder coated to match everything else. The knife shooter handle is a seemingly poor quality unfinished wood. I don't think it will hold up well over time. It should at least be sealed, or changed to a composite material later on. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be rules cards included, if so I don't have those either, and the lack of a manual is lame, I don't see a downloadable manual anywhere either. Now let's talk about playing. Game played well, not sure what I'm doing yet on it, but I can read up on that. My ball got stuck in sanatarium scoop behind drop Target.. had to shut game off to fix. Got some balls stuck on hedge, had to take glass off to fix. I don't care for the house mode just seemingly going on forever..I could not hit the spinners well..and it doesn't time our so your just stuck completing...or draining. I don't see this being a good game for a location, it would not be enjoyable with all the other games on, loud people, lights etc. A quiet home environment seems fitting for it.

My apologies. We will get you patched up!

#2623 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

Mine is on the line right now and I’m really hoping Im not impacted by the quality control issues from the past few weeks. This is my family’s first home pin and reading a few recent deliveries has me nervous.

We completed and shipped 64 games in the last 2 weeks. Even with 3 or 4 with some issues that's 60 that set up with 0 issues and are playing away! We are obviously looking to get that number to perfect and that's why we continue to invest in our QC staff! Sometimes it can feel like there are many issues but often times we forget how many arrive perfectly

#2677 2 years ago
Quoted from RKip455:

OK... so I took off the sling plastics and all I had to do was loosen the to post, see photo and the SS flap laid down flat... it was not bent but post were over tightened causing the flap to buckle. I held the flap down to push the enter "V" section flat while tightening the post back into place.
First pic was before adjustments, then two showing flap repositioned. Pretty simple fix.
Good Luck... RKip

Service info is inside your coin door

#2802 2 years ago

HUGE NEWS GUYS!!! Big congratulations to Spooky's own Corwin "Bug" Emery for bringing home the victory at the Iowa State invitational! I can't begin to tell you how much this guy puts in the work for you every day 7 days a week!

Resized952022012295173117 (resized).jpgResized952022012295173117 (resized).jpg
#2813 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

SpookyLuke Any timeline for the next code update?

I don't jave an exact but we are shooting to put out another nice one in the next few weeks here! This will include another really cool major mode to the game with a bunch of other fixes and improvements. Hoping to keep throwing out an update every 4-6 weeks each one with a major mode added and improving the existing step by step as we go! Should be fun to see how far we can go! I think it will be pretty neat for owners to have a new major mode to strive for with each update. Gives a cool objective goal to shoot for right away whenever a new package comes out.

#2817 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

My concern here is that even the promised rules updates sound simplistic and shallow. Not necessarily easy per se, but the code doesn't have a lot of nuance.
I picked up a new game today (DP Prem), and while I was at the guy's house, he had me play a game of IMDN Prem. I had never played a Prem before, and I hate Maiden music, but this game was awesome! There is so much going on in parallel, and there are multiple ways to attack the game. Even if you are just an average player, you could choose your path through the game (focus on modes, or the [whatever it's called] multiball, or the Power cards, or whatever). In one game, it drew me in. I could see the game has legs, and could last in a collection because the path wasn't so linear.
Moving over to HWN/UM, the code is so barren by comparison. Adding another mode, or a mini-wizard ultimately doesn't change a whole lot about the experience. It's just such a rudimentary take on a ruleset.
I really like the themes of both HWN and UM, and ordered both games () with the intention of keeping the one that resonated with me more. I don't *hate* them, but I'm definitely not connecting the way I hoped, and I'm not sure the expressed rules direction will fundamentally change my feeling. When I first ordered them, I feared I wouldn't be able to decide which game to get rid of. Now I'm far more concerned whether I'll have any desire to keep either.
On the flip side - I DO *hate* Maiden music, and yet IMDN Prem connected with me in one game 10X more than HWN or UM have since I've owned them.
I REALLY want to be wrong here, and I kinda don't have a choice but to ride things out. Hopefully the game(s) turn around, or they at least level off in value so as to not lose my ass x2. Unfortunately, I'm feeling like a re-imagining of the rule theory is needed.
HWN follows a movie storyline, so this seems potentially harder to do. But UM is wide open. Similar to how GZ has tons of parallel variety (shocker - Elwin) UM has a theme that could support the same. I'm not expecting the impossible here (Spooky code rivaling Elwin), but when the price of the games are the same, I'm at least hoping to be in the same ballpark. Unfortunately I'm not even sure if these games are playing the same sport.

I guess all I can say is you are comparing 2 games that are approaching 4 years since release to a game that's 6 months since release. We are working on some pretty cool stuff. Not sure what else I can do or say.

#2855 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Sweet I'll pick up one on payday thank you!

This is just the switch a bit to high! Pull down on the switch a tiny bit and it will solve!

#2873 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Played a fair bit last night after setting up, some observations
- The current code has meat on the bones. Finishing an 'expert' pumpkin mode netted around 7M... best game of the night was around 42M. The Stalker mode appeared to have good risk/reward and was worth good points.
- I can see how people get 'stuck' in House... it's very easy to start (just 3 center ramps) but tough to get through once started. Part because once the House was open, center ramp shots from the right flipper wanted to reject, and also because it takes a lot of spins up top to take down Michael. Gotta learn the buttpretzel timing. That said, the mode never actually got stuck for me - I was always able to get enough spins and make the shot to finish it off.
- Had an issue where I hit Judith enough times to lock the ball, it did lock the ball, but then immediately released it after I hit the flippers to blow off the receding Michael clip. Bug? Skillshot locks here appeared to work normally
- Need an option to turn flipper power down. They started off almost overpowered, but do get quite hot and weaker after extended play. Could still make the center ramp but was getting ehh. Turning down power a bit might help keep temps in check. Plunger/coil alignment seems good on spot check.
- I think once there's a mini-wizard modes for finishing the three main modes (starting each multiball) and another for starting all the pumpkin modes (equivalent to DTR and TABA), the code will feel much more complete. Biggest problem currently is you can have a good game that just fizzles out... tidying up the ends will help immensely.
- Music and atmosphere are both very well done. Animations are kinda ehh but I don't often look at the screen while playing so less importance to me. Even at this early stage, the atmosphere makes this a rather unique game, and one I think people are going to want to add to their collections once it's complete.
- Waiting on balls to dribble through the plumbing and get lifted to the inlanes is noticeable, but not horrible. Staging will be a welcome addition. Remember if you're in House and drain to Asylum, hit the green targets to heal before draining back down.
- Build quality is good. There's a few things... LCD panel rubs up on the BG lift channel when opening and decal edge on bottom lifted a few MM in one spot, but overall good. Cab art pops even without butter.
- LCD is the same shitty LCD that's in Morty, and will need the same IPS replacement for good blacks. In the meantime, use the menu on the current screen to enable gamma and bump contrast a little.
- Audio is very good in content but needs work in execution. Specifically, too much bass and mic 'thump' in the Pleasance vocal callouts... meanwhile the Asylum music has a drumbeat that has no bass whatsoever. Need to remix this stuff, filter the bass from vocals and clean up levels. This thing has a massive cab speaker, let us use it haha Also, the increase in volume in some callouts (shoot green NOT RED!) could be reduced just a tad.. it gets almost too loud if you turn the game up.
- Game plays long. Outlane entrances are tight and flipper gap small. For tournament, I'd change the upper outlane posts to slims, and maybe switch to lightning flippers. This game is similar to LOTR both in rules and easier-than-average layout.
Definitely worth keeping til the code is done. I will evaluate the whole thing at that time, but it's better than I was expecting at this point.

This makes me really happy to see as I know you were apprehensive! I agree that once the mini wizard modes and wizard modes are in the game it will help really good players feel it's more complete! There is a lot more going on than I think people can tell at this point. Based on your review I am pretty confident we are going to check all the boxes for you with completed code!

#2916 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

The lineup just got a little more Spooky.
Halloween and Ultraman arrived today.
Up to 6 Spooky pins now. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

We are going to have to get you a plaque of honor or something! Thank you for the comments, laughs, and business over the years!

#3033 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Might be helpful for spooky to use a 3d printed Go/no go gauge to set the scoop deflector as part of the QC at the end of the line.
I suggest 3d printed so it could be “open sourced” once these games are out in the wild
for a while.

Not a bad idea!

#3048 2 years ago

Today marks 9 Years of wild fun Destruction of and Mayhem here at Spooky Pinball. We decided to celebrate with some sick tunes coming to both Halloween and Ultraman! Complete with an all new mode for both games! ALL of the cowbell is coming to Halloween, and an exclusive theme song from one of the many Ultraman Series!!!! Stay tuned for the code to drop in the upcoming weeks. And thanks everyone for an incredible 9 years!

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Very exciting. I do wish all efforts with this game were going towards refining the code as it currently sits rather than new modes but happy for any progress regardless of what form it takes.

Funny you say that lol on the agenda for the update following this one is a revisit of the 6 scoop modes. Before the end we definitely plan on going back refining and adding to all the current modes. It's always a balance between getting people new content and then also improving the older existing stuff. Often times it's good to get it all out there and see what people like and don't like then revisit later with a good list of goals for things to become. We also want to make sure to get 1 of the main wizard modes in soon to as that has some really cool assets.

#3062 2 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

"Pull the rubber tighter" is what they told me too, but I literally have no idea what that is supposed to mean. Just tug on it? I tried that, it didn't do anything, and I'm not really sure what that would do to help either. It seems like the two posts are just too close together.
Your behavior with the center ramp sounds similar to mine. I can make it probably 85% of the time with the left flipper, but randomly even that one will reject. Even when it does make it though, it's just such a clunky shot, and until they had me do some adjustments (pushing hard down on one piece of metal), the ball was getting stuck after making to the upper area the majority of the time.

Sometimes it can be the tiniest things that make a difference. If you want send me a bunch of photos from the bottom and top and I'll see if I can figure out what maybe it could be. It's not a give me shot and you need full power to make it as it's 3 stories up but it should be very makeable. Email [email protected]

#3063 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Funny you say that lol on the agenda for the update following this one is a revisit of the 6 scoop modes. Before the end we definitely plan on going back refining and adding to all the current modes. It's always a balance between getting people new content and then also improving the older existing stuff. Often times it's good to get it all out there and see what people like and don't like then revisit later with a good list of goals for things to become. We also want to make sure to get 1 of the main wizard modes in soon to.

#3065 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Good work - cant make everyone happy. They are still working on this guys - lets get the new content in and then the game refined. I assume this content will support a wizard mode as mentioned before. Im starting to understand how hard it must be negotiating for new content and getting approval not to mention building machines and supporting customers.
Oh yeah and interacting on pinside

All good! Everyone has different tastes and priorties for what they want to see in code and when!

#3078 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agreed but that was really a filler scene with the girls talking. Interesting to see how they pull it off Bc everything in the game right now is very spooky/scary. Not saying it’s a bad thing - just curious how this comes together with the current code.

I played it the other day and I really liked it alot. Probably my favorite part of the whole game and I had the same thought originally

#3082 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Also is this pooched? I didn't even do anything just lifted the playfield up to look at a switch and when I put it back down and played the auto doesn't work anymore
[quoted image]

Hey man. Inside your coin door there is a sticker that has service info.

#3084 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Yea Im sending an email over now I tried to call but no luck

Business hours are 7am-5pm Monday-Thursday. Outside that service will email anytime they can.

Also yes the coil is probably not in good shape. I can see where a tool or metal from something contacted and shorted on the side. Possibly the lockbar lock latch contacted it? I will check on a game in the morning and see what could have made contact.

#3086 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Oh didn't know the hours sorry email is sent!
Damn looks like I nicked the plunger when I was putting the playfield back down. [quoted image]

All good we will help ya get it fixed! Always a solution!

#3158 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

You mentioned the metal ramp should sit just under the wood, is that just under the bottom edge (entire wood) or just under top edge of the play field wood?
Sorry for asking for the specifics.

Maybe email me some photos [email protected]
I can take a look and see if I can pick out the issue!

#3166 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Ok I think I finally have it. Can anyone tell me if these tabs are suppose to have spacers underneath. My game does not have them. The screws were tightened all the way down. I was getting trough coil misfires. I loosened those screws and the ball was coming out each time in coil test.
[quoted image]

Spacers could definitely help. As P1nhead said playfield thickness could potentially vary by a razor thin margin. Also could be a tiny difference in the metal hood height of the scoop! Definitely work a try adding some washers or a spacer! Like I usually say it's shocking how sometimes the smallest thing can be an issue! If it's not that we can start sending parts until we solve the issue!

#3184 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:My wife and I first played Halloween at Pintastic after I had already preordered. Her one negative comment was that knife looks fake, can’t you do something about that? I said yes so here you go. Real knife. Not sharp, I took the edge off so I wouldn’t slice myself open. Had to be done. My wife required it. One added bonus, it doesn’t flex or bounce around like the plastic one.

I wanted to put a real one in the game but they said it's a safety hazard lol! Looks great

Also yes we will be putting mylar in the area from now on. Probably shouldn't be an issue on most games but better safe than sorry!

On a general scale if you reach out to us in a kind and respectful manner we are always going to try to do anything we can to help!

#3188 2 years ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I just received 215 today. I'm having a few issues with mine of anyone can help out.
1. I hit the ball in the pumpkin scoop and it's still stuck in there. It wouldn't do anything and I can't get the ball out because my fingers are too fat lol.
2. One of the drop target leading to the ramp is down and will not go up with the others. It looks a bit bent in there, not sure if its getting caught on something.
3. This is the weird one lol. For the life of me I cannot get the back glass off. I have the speaker and lcd screen down and when I push the back glass up it hits the Blackbox and there isn't enough clearance to remove it.
Any ideas at all? I know spooky isn't open till Monday but I kinda wanna play the game haha

1. Send me a photo of where it is getting stuck if you can! You can just message me on here.
2. If you are talking about the top drop target it's possible it doesn't go up until the house is open but I can't remember for sure. Best way to check is go to yest menu-coil test- then fire the drop you mean and see if it goes up!
3. It shouldn't be that tight. Maybe something got stuck above the glass or under it? For now you could just pull down on the support piece under it and maybe manage to sneak it out to check if there are any obstructions?

Shoot me a message so we don't clog up the thread!

#3227 2 years ago
Quoted from jailbreakjustin:

I think I may have receive a lemon. I've been working with support but at this point, I'm just flat out exhausted. I'm a brewery owner with this installed in my taproom so I'm unable to troubleshoot to the level that support would like. Below is a list of my many issues thus far.
1.My right bottom flipper continues to get screwed along with the lower right sling and a few other items. The same fuse on the board continues to blow. Service seemed to think it ok to fuse up from 3A SB to 5A SB but it continues to blow. Replaced the fuse over a dozen times. Support thought a coil might be stuck but I cant see how changing the fuse would "unstick" a coil.
2. The game randomly reboots itself when idle
3. The topper knife came with no set screw
4. there is no back rail slide down for the coin box (where the back metal lid slides down over the metal u clamp) so no way to maintain it's position. It constantly moves which ends up causing coin jams
5. I'm having the same pumpkin issue in multiball mode as others have mentioned.
6. In non multiball mode, the ball gets stuck in the pumpkin. Support told me to try and manually adjust the drop out ramp underneath but the problem persists on random occasions
7. My machine now smells like burning plastic and the bottom right flipper is completely dead though the fuse is not blown. The machine is now officially useless after only two weeks.

If you have to replace the fuse more than once there is another issue. I would not continue to replace until you can find what the issue is. Could be as simple as a coil wire poorly soldered or touching something metal. Why don't you send me an email [email protected] and I can try to video call with you tomorrow and find the issue. Should never just keep adding fuses 12+ times.

I'm going to guess the pumpkin scoop ball not coming out issue is a code bug as I see multiple people have it.

#3274 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

There was literally a picture posted on here a few days ago of this happening. Not in the sense like "ermagerd half my playfield is gone anywhere there's a post" like some JJPs and Sterns, but....a piece of art chipped off at a ball impact point. Post # 3018 and #3021 on this thread. Small, and an isolated example, but it is what it is.
Did anyone ever answer what the caster wheels on the playfield are for? Saw that pic and just kinda scratching my head as well.

The caster wheels are to protect the flasher bases on the backboard oddly enough lol! So we found that if you put the playfield in to far or at a crazy angle you could smash the flasher bases against the back of the cabinet. So the wheel protects them and also rolls along the back nicely in the case that the playfield does get pushed back that far!

Also yes unfortunately there was a chip although I think that overall the playfields are still the absolute industry standard. I think we created a really unique stress possibility with the ramp feeding that way. To be fair also I immediately offered to make it right for the customer in multiple ways at absolutely no cost to him!

P.s I know your comment was not made in any type of negative light!

#3353 2 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

I really hope the decal issues get fixed. That was my main hesitation on buying a second Spooky game. The trim on my Rick and Morty back box was cut to long and has bubbles. The decal on my right side came with scratches and dirt under the decal. Spooky still hasn’t sent me a replacement decal for the right side.

This is odd. We are pretty good about sending out things like this. Why don't you send me an email with shipping info and I'll make sure it gets to ya!

#3359 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm in the same boat. Halloween's on the way eventually so I played the same Halloween you're talking about, and I think it's progressing nicely and in a home setting it's going to absolutely shine with the immersion and creepiness.

I think that a for sure aspect of horror games is that you do need to be in a dark home environment to really take it in to the fullest extent. I mean imagine watching a horror movie in a loud, busy bar environment it certainly wouldn't feel the same as watching at home in your dark basement at midnight! Don't get me wrong I think it offers steller location gameplay as well, I just truly believe you can't have the true in depth feel until your in the right setting!

Can't wait to see it develope as we continue to add new assets, modes, rules, multipliers, and just overall creepy cool features. I think we are going to make alot of people very happy!

#3380 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Love creepy cool new features but refinement & repair what's already there is something I'm very much looking forward to as well... timing out the modes, no overlapping of speech, staging, more variety of callouts, etc.

Agree for sure! I probably should be doing a better job describing the direction. I get so excited about the new stuff I ramble about that lol. However you will see in the coming update we revisited a large portion of the modes. With every update they always spend atleast half the time refining and improving what is there. I know next update has a big emphasis on revisiting some of the modes. It's a balance and both will certainly get attention. We are still adding sound effects, little bits of movie audio, light shoes, bug fixes, audio and animation adjustments etc to every single mode. I know they also have some major change plans for some as well.

#3417 2 years ago
Quoted from Danzig:

I’m normally a very patient person, but game #’s up to 281 have been delivered and owners are getting to play them. Meanwhile I’m # 228 and still haven’t received mine yet, I’m still patient but for having to wait while #’s way past mine have delivered, I certainly hope that at least it has the corrected multiball insert.

I checked with Morgan it sounds like it shipped yesterday and is on its way! Check with your distributor! I am not sure about the insert as they were kind of mixed around that time.

#3501 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Turns out I was right. Now accepting apologies jdlang11

Well done lol! You were right!

#3542 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah, it's just wonderful when the no-right-lift bug kicks in during Stalker... is there an update coming out soon? If not can we at least get a quick bugfix update so this doesn't keep happening?

Pretty sure we got this one. We have been playing hours upon hours trying to catch as many bugs as we can.

#3544 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Could you guys post a list of known bugs somewhere? I hit one I hadn't seen before yesterday: Bob/Linda started during house multi-ball, and when multi-ball ended it wouldn't let me back into the house to complete the balcony shot, so there was no way to complete that mode. No sense in nagging you guys about something you already know about and maybe already fixed.

That's a good idea. I will have to see if we can come up with the best platform for that. I think we have tried to get something like that going a couple times. Also I have certainly had that bug as well!

#3557 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It feels like they need to stop the adding content until they get these bugs situated.. One update just leads to another 3 problems, that seem to be compounding?
Slow down Spooky, you have time!

Spent all weekend just clearing bugs! Content wise the updates are all done we are just trying to catch as many bugs as we can before we put this one out. So we are 100% on the same page with ya!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

They don’t really have time though honestly. Both of these games need to be sewn up pretty quick to maintain public trust / interest. I mean…they have another game in development right now. What happens when it goes up for preorder and hits the line? There is no time or extra personnel to code three games…that’s for sure. They are expensive hires but these employees are what makes these games shine imo. I’m just waiting on that one update that makes this game a real contender. It happened with RaM at about the 6mo point. I’m guessing it’ll be 12mo this time on account of the double release. The tide is slowly turning for HWN but the UM camp seem pretty ornery about the state of code on their games. I’m rooting for a double win but I’m also a realist. Time will tell…but it’s runnin’ out quick.

This update is pretty cool! It has some really cool additions and some things people have been asking for. I think between this one and then when 1.07 hits you will really start to see the tipping point your talking about. We have 0 issue hiring more programmers if that's what it takes to get the job done. Just have to make sure they are a good fit. Whatever we can do to get our customers happy!

#3565 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Awesome. I've played on location and cannot wait for mine!! Not trying to throw shade or doubt!

Oh I know! Just wanted to let ya know we are like minded lol.

#3570 2 years ago

Don't listen to people that say don't add more content as more is always better. I know yall will deliver but also understand that you will never be able to please everyone but I know that the majority of us halloween owners definitely want more content, animations, more playable pumpkin modes. My fingers are crossed for atleast 10-12 when it's all said and done bc all of my most favorite games have that. For example Stranger things, Ghostbusters, twilight zone,addams family, and Indiana Jones. In spooky we trust

Definitely will be doing both! Right now we are trying to tie up as many bugs as possible then after we put the update out it's right back to content! We still have so much more stuff to add. There will be 8 scoop modes. 2 easy, 2 medium, 2 hard, 2 expert. Also a mini wizard style multiba mode for when you progress through atleast 3 pumpkin modes. Then a final pumpkin mode wizard mode to top it off. So 10 at the scoop currently planned (doesn't mean we couldn't add more but this is a minimum goal). Then you have the 3 main story multiball modes and there will be a wizard mode culminating the story. So 4 main modes there in addition to the 10 at the scoop. Also we have alot more to do with a combo reward system, mystery award, blood store improvements, extra ball etc.

The plan is to get 1 major mode into each update. Also we plan to go back and revisit all the older modes and improve them as well as bug squash periodically. Overall a really balanced approach.

Also still working on new animations, callouts, and UI stuff. I think there should be some big surprises in this area if we have our way. This all goes for both games!

#3587 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

SpookyLuke It isn't said enough but can't thank you enough for taking the time to address things in this thread and keep people updated on status of everything. From answering individual questions to general fixes to updates on progression of code. Everyone at Spooky goes above and beyond for the community!

Thank you for the kind words! This community is kind enough to let us have our dream job so we are just trying to give back as much as we can!

#3600 2 years ago
Quoted from VancouverNinja:

Are we going to get ball staging or not? It does not need to be added quickly it would just be nice to know if the machine is going to get it at some point or not.

Definitely still plan on it. We honestly had it in once but it was so buggy we just threw it out to focus on getting content in. The hardware is all there to do it. Just will take a decent amount of time to program. I would suspect it would burn close to a month and we just badly don't want to use a month on that right now. We could add a literal whole wizard mode in the same amount of time. Programming sucks lol. I just want all the stuff in NOW.

#3604 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks for the update on this. In case anyone cares my preference would be staging over wizard mode any day of the week considering how much it slows down the overall flow of the entire game.

I'm stuck in the middle honestly. At first I was 100% this needs staging (why I added the optos needed for it). Now though as the mode stacking and multiballs progress I've learned that it's actually so nice to have a little delay. Knowing I can tuck a couple balls into the subway and then go for a super jackpot or a hard to hit shot like the right orbit is great. I also think as now more and more modes include all 3 levels it's nice to know it's not insta flying out at you while your trying to play other balls on the tip levels. I see both sides. I think we need to get staging in at some point regardless just to see how it goes over if nothing else.

Overall I would just say I have really enjoyed learning about what is important to some people in a game vs others. Like some people don't care if there are only 6 modes they just want them fun and perfectly polished. Other people don't want us to worry about perfecting until we get 15 modes in the game. Some people would rather have ball staging than a wizard mode etc. Always something to be learned.

#3614 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I know the owner’s group appreciates the engagement from the Spooky creative team. Having said that, make the call. Do what’s best for the game, even at the expense of losing some fans.
I have strong opinions about where the game should be headed, but it’s your game, and your direction. Innovate, be creative, and make people sorry they sold their game for a loss.
One of my favorite quotes is attributed to Henry Ford when he was developing the automobile assembly line: “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

For sure at the end of the day we always choose the path! I just enjoy hearing all sides of things. Tons or great ideas and perspectives from people. Also some bad but hey that's life lol

#3643 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm in this boat. My scoop is basically unhittable regardless which flipper. Only way it ever goes in is random rebound into it. I had a very early run of the game, maybe tweaks were done along the way? It is my biggest frustration with the game. I've tried bending the scoop eject a few times with no luck still.

We didn't change anything. There must be some variable because I've only ever shot 1 that I felt wasn't there. Maybe something as minute as the mylar edge? I did notice this week that I removed the mylar in front of the triple drops and it made the center ramp shoot WAY better. Sometimes it's the smallest things.

#3649 2 years ago

Hey guys we were doing some bug testing on the new uodate and decided to film it for ya! Found a couple during that we will patch up tomorrow and be releasing soon! Some big announcements in here!

#3660 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Can anyone check the level of their 3rd playfield? My main playfield is level but the 3rd is leaning hard to the left. Which I assume is why I’m not having ANY luck progressing when up there. The ball constantly loses momentum and trickles out. Super frustrating. I’ve tried everything I can think of, including following the adjustment videos on YouTube.

Possible your mount spacer is out if spec! Shoot me an email I'll get it sorted out for you [email protected]

#3661 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Let seller remorse begin !!!!

Hope so! Want to make every who has hung in there with us as proud as we possibly can! Still searching out new assets and talent for these games every week. Making the rules better and better. Adding modes, specials, combo systems etc. Can't wait to see how far we can push these!

#3663 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Wait - at 1:11 over an hour in new animation studio and new animation for UM and HW??? Anyone else catch that?

Indeed! Cool new studio working on additional animations for both Halloween and Ultraman! I've seen the new Ultraman UI it looks great! They have made some insanely good stuff in the past.

#3665 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Will there be a list of bug fixes implemented in the upcoming release? The gameplay video was nice but I would love to learn more of the technical stuff.

Indeed!

#3753 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone notice Weird Al has a butt-pretzel? Upper playfield snack bar into the lock area. Imitation is the best form of flattery!

I think in Weird Al's world that's a parody lol.

#3909 2 years ago

The 500 mbs version will be the right stuff. He's fixing the labeling now.

#3925 2 years ago
Quoted from Alsiggitysauce:

Does anyone here have a Mac? I literally don't have any pcs in my house. I want to update my Halloween but I don't want to screw anything up. He website specifically says you can't format this on a mac that it needs to be formatted to FAT32, but If I recall correctly CANT you format a usb stick on a mac to FAT32?

Email [email protected] for Mac instructions. Those should be posted publicly soon as well.

#3927 2 years ago

SpookyLuke @ Spookybug
I have noticed a serious bug that when you go to the audits/settings during a game and when you start your next game, it will let you start but start skipping to ball 2 and the skill shot just constantly rotates around the playfield even if you do complete it. It will constantly rotate around on its own. But I'm still loving this progress guys. Keep up the amazing work. This game is becoming legendary with every new update. I for one will never let this game go and enjoying watching it grow.

Yeah going in and out of menu can still cause some weird stuff! Power cycle will fix it

#3936 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Okay so how do you fix the bricking? My machine is also now bricked, thought something was up when the update completed successfully REALLY fast... Turned off machine, removed USB, turned back on, endless boot loop now.
Not a happy customer right now, there seems to be an issue with how the updates are done on this game given the multiple complaints anytime a software update drops. This cannot continue Spooky, please fix your update process. This should be a slam dunk easy thing.
Jeff

Yeah I totally understand man. I can go over the process with the team and see what we can do to help. Maybe a video this week outlining the process and any potential issues that could occur.

#3941 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

OK I did the update and restarted, yet my menu still says v1.05? Should I run it again? It showed it was 550mb version. It appears that the update made changes , just shows an older version.

Should be a the correct version just mis labeled. The proper label is on the file that's on the site now as well.

#3968 2 years ago

Easy guys! At the end of the day we are all here to enjoy the game and make everything as good as it can be!

#3990 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Why was there no wifi updating on this game? The other two manufacturers do, I have their games.. it works fantastic. From the amount of people that this happened to today, it wasn't just one user messing something up. We paid $9,000+ for a game, surely it wasn't a price issue for the wifi, nobody would have cared even the game was $25-50 more.. or whatever wifi cost. I dont use a computer for anything really, just my phone. I had to get out laptop, spend hours downloading, I have very very slow internet. Still downloading the 4 hour 1.05 original back now. So can we just get wifi added?

I will ask the smarter than me people about it

3 weeks later
#4620 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

contacted spooky and distributer 3x already with no answer about it. why I'm asking here

Hey guys! Apologies for my absence I took a little break during TPF! Its possible your emails are going to spam or something odd. That happens alot. I will be catching up on here and emails.

1 week later
#4756 2 years ago

We have used the same powder supplier and same powder coater for the whole time we have been in business. Sounds like it's suspected that metallic vein is just the most reactive with the oils from hands etc. We have been adding 2 coats of clear to hopefully atleast slow down the wear but it seems to not solve it entirely. On future games we will probably just have to use a different type of finish than our typical "vein" finish. I have been in contact with our supplier trying to learn what I can!

#4774 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

SpookyLuke what number will you be up to with this latest round of machines when they all ship?

I'm not sure the exact total but I know we have over 200 built that will be getting boards installed then QC then shipped in the next 2 weeks! After that we should stay on a 40 a week schedual and hopefully wrap the build up this year yet! Something could always come up but the way it looks now we should be in good shape to get done late fall!

#4776 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Wow that's pretty impressive. I didn't think you guys would finish all 1250 this year. Sounds like at least up to 1000 should have their games by this Halloween I would of thought this would of stretched into Q1 of 2023. If that's the case presumably Halloween is done by 2022. When will we see the next tease / and or game announcement ? New title / New game ready to ship by Summer of 2023 ?
Evil Dead
Scooby Doo
BeetleJuice
Friday The 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
those are my predictions. However my number 1 which probably would never happen... "Killer Klowns From Outer Space". Hit up Jeremy Parker man his artwork with a Killer Klowns From Outer Space. Kinda think of it... Killer Klowns had Gloves in the movie also... [quoted image]

I would love to do ALL of those games!

We have never missed a build window yet it would be very disappointing to miss now! We have built up a really great crew and have the staff needed to get the job done easily if supply holds which I'm confident it will now for the remainder of the run!

#4785 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It ain't a race, remember that! Quality over quantity rules the day.

Oh for sure! We have hired dedicated staff just for quality and never rush QC. Being pinball things definitely still happen but I believe our quality is extremely competitive I'm comparison to all of today's pinball manufacturers. We never rush QC all games are played and inspected by experienced pinball players and guys who own collections of their own. I think we are putting out one of the best quality builds we have in company history for sure overall. Especially considering the amount of levels and things in these games.

#4852 2 years ago

That is correct we do have another studio that has completed a bunch of new really top tier stuff for Ultraman and we have already agreed with them that they will be doing some neat stuff for Halloween next. Yes, the animations when complete do have to be approved.

#4878 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Nice!
Once again, these numbers make no fucking sense

Usually we stay pretty tight on numbers. Pretty unprecedented times with supply being like pulling teeth. Good news is literally hundreds of games are done and leaving! Our people are doing the best they can for you all. Having almost 300 games pile up because of supply can be very tough to navigate. We are building nothing but straight direct prints right now so anyone lacking those should see them in the next few weeks. If you are confused about your number or concerned you were forgotten just give us a call! No worries.

#4886 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I fully understand there's no magical order to things, and issues here and there have caused manufacturing hiccups and delays. However, and I guess this is a question for SpookyLuke - is there any update on Australia orders? There's a bunch of us here kind of in limbo wondering whereabouts along the process we might get a container out, with some of the folks here having quite early order numbers.
As I said - totally understand the supply chain issues and how that must be screwing with plans, but was there even a (very) general idea of when an Aussie batch might go out, since we are progressing quite nicely along the orders now? Some of us have also enquired into air freight - so would just be good to know the state of things if at all possible.

Sounds like an Australian batch is on the agenda pretty soon here!

#4918 2 years ago

Should be able to just give the switch a little tweak to be more sensitive. Bend it slightly so it's on a hair trigger and you should be back in action

2 weeks later
#5496 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I would bet that the reason they are quiet is they are busting ass on code and a solution for the powder coat. Spooky has a long record of making it right and I don’t think it will stop with this game.

I try to mainly post when I have good news to bring lol! Going to try some different clear. Will take a long time to know the true results though as many times it takes 6 months before oxidation shows. Code is not far out! Going to be another really fun update. Lack of posting is this place is an absolute madhouse right now! Tons of games getting completed, orders flying in and out, code going on multiple games. Equipment all running on full blast. Over 40 employees now putting together games for you guys! Loading up for MGC this weekend and crossing the country to Allentown the next! This is going to be one wild year for sure.

#5500 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

My lockbar and side rails as of this morning. I have about 600 plays on the machine since receiving it in February.
I just tried using a little lemon juice on a cotton ball to try and clean the right side of the lockbar. It had absolutely no effect.

I sent ya an email John!

#5568 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Interesting. The game functions fine after a reboot. I wonder if that’s something the logs would be able to report?

I will give our service guy a call and let him know! I'm guessing he's having a bit of trouble figuring it out as it appears to he a super odd issue. If I had to take a guess I would suspect a bad barrel plug powering the PC in the backbox. No worries we will get it fixed up!

#5573 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Thank you, Luke. I love the game, and I know you guys are working very hard. But when you’re talking about an electrical short and the smell of something burning in a new machine - we need to get it sorted.
I have a copy of the logs immediately after this video. Just LMK.

Of course. No problem at all!

#5582 1 year ago

Come on man... we drive all over the country often 15 hours+. We bring show games to let people enjoy all weekend and knock $500 off so that we don't have to load 300lb games back up at 10pm Sunday night to get back and work Monday. They often get 500+ plays in a weekend. We have done this with every single title in the history of Spooky pinball.

#5590 1 year ago
Quoted from gameroompinball:

Updated code and still the same... stuck in "calibrating switches".
Also, the ball that was in play when I started with the issues was in the scoop in the middle / lower mini playfield and never came out. No ball search or anything. I shut it off and did manage to remove with a magnet.
Any other ideas?

Middle scoop is switch actuated so the switch is probably just a tiny bit out of adjustment!

1 week later
#5791 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I would like to see this too. Those will be the 2 Spooky games in my lineup, but my Halloween is still many months away.
Four friends of mine recently got solid time on a Halloween and were raving about it. They have all been in the hobby for many years and all agreed it was a home run. For the first time since the game was announced, they are excited that I have one on order and told me not to sell my spot. This is clearly a polarizing game, but it's good to have some encouraging words from people who's opinions I value and who will actually be coming over to play it.

We have been at 3 shows in the last month here. Every single show I have 20-30 people come up to me and say that they were worried about the reviews online but were absolutely blown away in person and love it. Had 4 people asking to buy a Halloween from us at the table at one time Friday! Every game is not for everyone and this one is extremely unique and polarizing! I think in the long run in the hands of people who love Halloween and love a daring layout like this one it will see alot of love. That's just my 2 cents!

Thank you so much Everybody who comes out and supports us at all these shows and on here!

#5799 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Not side by side, but bookend my Spooky lineup.
[quoted image]

That's freaking cool man. Can't wait to see ya in Atlanta again!

#5852 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Any news for the near future SpookyLuke ?

Any day here my friend!

#5853 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Ok I was on the fence. Slap me.
No issues out of box. Unreal and loving it.
[quoted image]

This makes us more happy to see than I can say! Overall been seeing alot of love for the game lately and alot of happy people enjoying it! If anything comes up don't hesitate to reach out.

#5860 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Was at around 6 million after ball 2, then I went on a roll. Got to the wizard mode, drained, and it went into ball search so that's how it ended. Didn't have enough blood for the 2x multiplier or extra ball so I blew it on points since

All I can say is that my family and I are really loving Halloween. As I have mentioned I have yet to see any of the movies and right now Halloween and Godzilla are my two favorite pins.
I didn’t think you could pull off suspense and horror into a pin, but you really did. You have us such a unique gameplay experience.
Outside of the powder coating issue (I sprayed 2k clear max and so far so good), I am loving our first Spooky pin. Best bang for my buck. Just do Scooby and life will be complete for my wife and I lol.

Heck yeah! Nothing like being able to get the whole family involved! Super smart save on the lock bar. Really disappointed with that issue overall but hopefully we have it solved now. I have seen your comments from the beginning on this thread! Thanks for the support. Hopefully we run into each other at a show sometime!

#5861 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

So, spooky sold a few games at MGC. And a guy had just posted in one of the spooky FB fan pages, that he just bought a butter cab Halloween from spooky at the Allentown show last weekend and took it home. I said something about where are these games coming from if it's been all sold out and they are a limited amount. He said his game was not numbered. Can someone from spooky chime in, is there now 1260 ish games made. I could care less..I'm just curious.

Every contract we always allow for like a dozen "show games". Basically we drag them across the country put them on free play at a show for the weekend. They get like 500-1000 plays and some bumps and bruises loading and unloading. We throw them on show special so that we can keep our show stock fresh and nice for shows and also have less to load up at the end of the weekend to drive 18 hours back to Wisconsin. That way we don't have to take the same ones to 4 or 5 shows as they would be pretty dang beat up by the 4th or 5th trip. Also cool to see people's eyes light up and instantly want to buy one when they get to play it at a show. Had 4 people trying to buy 1 game at once at the last show. Really neat to see how excited they were.

#5876 1 year ago
Quoted from IVPinball:

How are people's experiences with Spooky's service department? I've been waiting for a week, but no response to my issues and questions email. They were mighty quick when I indicated I wanted to buy a Halloween, not so much now that I've paid for it.

What email did you send to? Sometimes things go to spam etc

We are all here just give us a ring service number is inside the coin door.

#5880 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Anyone know if Spooky collects taxes in OH or KY or both?

Basically their is a threshold for every state. So after we reach a certain amount in each state we have to start collecting sales tax. To my knowledge atleast that is how it works.

#5947 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You can literally HEAR and SEE the tilt warnings IN the stream haha.

Yeah I can clearly see and hear the tilt. Oh well.

#5954 1 year ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Hey Spooky!! Love the addition of the randomized hedge Michael hurry up when you finish a mode!! Everything looks awesome, 7 ball multiball looks nuts!

If only somebody made that suggestion at a show lol...

#5971 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Wow - I don't think anyone will be bashing Spooky after experiencing that wizard mode first hand. One of the best in pinball. Nicely done Spooky!

❤️

#5972 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Reading the 1.07 notes, I am going to miss the pause while in the mode select (or blood store). I liked to park the ball in there to grab a beer, bathroom, tend to the child, etc. Maybe make the timer an optional adjustment?

This is awesome lol I will let the team know tomorrow!

#6001 1 year ago

SpookyLuke Maybe you can confirm? If it was only for Ultraman, maybe I misread? I thought that’s when we were seeing some for Halloween as well.

The studio did ultraman first so ultraman stuff will be implemented first followed by Halloween later as they complete it!

#6004 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Some nice suggestions here SpookyLuke

For sure! Bug and other Luke have a bunch of cool stuff written for it as well!

#6039 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

New code - tilted ball 3 & stuck on bonus screen no game end, all balls in trough
Hard reboot needed
[quoted image]

We caught this as well today will get it patched up ASAP.

#6040 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I just updated the new code and I must say, it’s a move in the right direction.
Here are a few suggestions as well:
I would like the ability to play co-op mode, I think this game would be a blast to take on Michael with friends.
Also, it would be nice to switch between active modes by pressing the start button which would display active modes at will. (Think Batman 66).
BTW CE 504 came in last week. I wanted to get some plays in before I offered my opinion. I got roughly 70 plays in so far.
I can honestly say that this is a great game with a lot of potentials. This game done correctly can be the next sleeper hit and be in the same vein as games such as Walking Dead, Stranger Things, Metallica, and Deadpool (Games which weren’t initially held in high regard by some but ended up being awesome).
Lastly, I do not regret buying this game at all. It’s an awesome addition to the collection and I really like it. (Make me smile Spooky, add the Co-op).[quoted image]

Appreciate the support! Co-op request noted.

#6124 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What’s the sidewalk sticker? Don’t think I’ve seen that yet. Got a pic?

I am pretty sure Bug cleared yours on Thursday so I would expect it to be in a box early next week!

#6136 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

How are we up to around #700 now? Is it just me or wasn't it around #400 just a month or so ago? When are BSE's expected to go into production?

We really do make 40 a week handily. Boards just had us back logged. About 200 games piled up but as soon as we got boards we immediately started building 40 a week again and slowly cleared out the additional 200 pile up at the same time. So boom 400 games flew out pretty quick! We get this supply chain mastered over the next couple years I think you guys will be really happy with our production!

3 weeks later
#6584 1 year ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

770 arrived today. Unfortunately the coin box worked its way into the center of the machine and ripped off one of the playfield motors. Has this happened to anyone else or am I just lucky?

Give us a call tomorrow we will get ya fixed up ASAP. Thing must have been really bumped up in shipping. Easy replacement. 4 lock nuts and 1 cable and you are in business.

#6624 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Yeah, and their proposed 18 month time line to be done all games is Jan next year. Not sure Spooky will make it. And my number is the back of the line.

Ah give us a chance! We have completed every build so far on time and I firmly believe we will do so again on this one despite the massive hurdles in supply. I truly don't think we are going to let ya down!

#6626 1 year ago

Hey SpookyLuke , How’s the code update with the new animations coming along? No rush, just checking in to see if we can get any info!

They are working on it! The Ultraman ones will precede the halloween ones by quite a bit as the studio had to finish the UM stuff first then move onto the HW. The UM stuff is completed and being implemented though as we speak. The HW stuff is being created by the studio currently! The second we have it we will be implementing!

#6628 1 year ago

Happy to hear it brother! Any idea how much more is coming code/ruleset wise? SpookyLuke

ALOT. Working on finding ways to continue to add as long as possible literally as we speak!

#6633 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Pretty exciting to hear so many changes coming, and I don't even have my machine yet!
Speaking of which SpookyLuke do we have any update on an overseas delivery (Australia)? Us Aussies are climbing the walls waiting for this beauty...

That's Morgan's department lol! I think they are planning soon!

Quoted from xian222:

Coming up on a month and a half since having paid in full for my butter cab ce. Hoping I hear something soon.

Sorry about that. Can be hard for the girls to judge when to bill as some people pay in 10 minutes and others take a month or two! They always try to send out a balanced amount of invoices so we can keep shipping immediately as we box up because the amount sitting around can get wild fast. You wouldn't believe how quick a 100 games pile up lol. I know a batch of 100 direct prints came in and are being assembled every day so shouldn't be long!

#6651 1 year ago
Quoted from Mkvgti:

Had this happen twice now (60 plays in)
Right flipper becomes unresponsive after this (pictured) push-pin works itself out, disconnecting the action (I'm not sure on the terms, new to the hobby). It seems reasonably tight when I push it back in with pliers.
Thoughts on making the fix more permanent - new push-pin, loctite, etc?
[quoted image]

Hit up our service we will mail you out a new one! Odd issue we had shortly, we already addressed it with the supplier and they have corrected!

#6653 1 year ago

SpookyLuke Hey! Are you guys going to Pintastic next weekend?

Next year!

#6794 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Nice. I haven't been asked to pay yet, just got the email for butter option almost exactly two months ago, said yes right away and haven't heard anything since saying yes. So hoping to hear something soon

I have yelled, kicked, and screamed about butter cabinets to the supplier lol. I unfortunately they are just a very labor intensive process and seem to always take longer than we want. I have had a standing non stop order for them since months before we even started the build! Sorry about the wait I know it's annoying but we will get it to ya!

#6844 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah, I think (hope) Spooky has plans for the Sanitarium playfield. It would be a great place to add time, rack multipliers, add-a-ball, etc. It’s pretty sterile right now, easily fixed with code.

100% agree We are making progress every day!

#6854 1 year ago

I am sure something can be done. There are 700+ out there working so it must be a small tolerance issue.

#6878 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Actually, that's just some woodgrain peel-n-stick vinyl I purchased from Amazon for $5. I put it on both the stairway and the walkway / bridge.
I got a bunch left over. Want some?[quoted image]

Killer job on this!

1 week later
#6993 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffF:

What the???
I just got asked for final payment on CE #1173? Uh, what is going on with build order Spooky? This is through a dealer so maybe they are making their games in one big clump?
Just doesn't make sense with the numbers other people have posted. Freaking wacko.

We will be completed with all of our direct sale games shortly. Only ones lagging are some direct prints I believe which should be resolved very shortly. We are building TONS of games right now. The remaining CEs are almost all distributor games and the distributors have all been urged to start invoicing as we plan to wrap up CE production over the next couple months! Then on the bloodsuckers and standards! I think some distributors may be lagging behind where others are farther ahead of the game! At this rate I think everyone should be getting their game quicker than expected! Production is really coming together for us here!

#7001 1 year ago

I did make a slight typo. We are almost completely wrapped up with our direct sales CEs we have not begun our bloodsuckers or standards yet as we will wrap up ALL CEs first if possible. We are moving at a really good pace I expect without hangups to finish HWUM completely this fall! Yes I do believe all CEs will be wrapped up completely soon here.

Yes some direct prints and distributor games are lagging right now. We are working with distributors to get those all going quickly. We will also be doing a bunch of over seas shipments in the next couple months.

#7002 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Wow you guys are moving fast - I didn’t expect my SE until next year! Do you have the ability to start running BSE and SE before the CE are finished?

We do have the ability yes but would like to complete all the CEs first! We are boxing up a pile of games every day so games that are paid for get shipped! best thing ya can do is make sure you confirm butter or no butter with your distro and get them paid as soon as they bill you so we can ship right as it comes off the line!

4 weeks later
#7613 1 year ago

Really cool to see you guys starting to enjoy the code! We plan on working on this for a long... long... time yet so hopefully we can make this an absolute LOVE in the long run!

#7761 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Was just recently said they will be working on this code a long long time - hopefully that means longer than the next few months

With the additional programmers we added to handle future games I am setting up to keep HWUM going at current pace for another year! I will note that things could come up as they always can in pinball. It's always nerve racking to say this stuff publicly. However we are 100% looking good to leave Fawzma on the HWUM solely for another full year! Which makes us more happy then I can explain! Really want to see the code on these games develope and update for as long as we can. We want to continue the updates to really say thank you to all the people who were patient with us and had faith in us through this project. We have secured some really great members of the team to code our next few games. Some of them you guys already know and love!

#7770 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Invoice finally paid - CE #379, I cant believe its really been over a year since I ordered this beauty!
I gotta say, my most anticipated game ever was Alien. I watched that boat crawl towards Australia desperately urging it to go faster, but I think I'm even more hyped for this machine. I wake up every day and immediately check my emails for any sign that it's been loaded on the container.
It's been an interesting journey so far - there sure has been some negativity around this one, even around my circle here in Sydney who have suggested more than once that maybe I should move my pre-order on. Seriously though it's never crossed my mind, not once - and I've never thought anything other than it's going to be incredible. Plus, it's been awesome seeing the Spooky folks in here hinting at the plans they have for it and it seems to me whatever they've said in here, they've delivered. They've listened to the early owners, engaged with people who don't even have the machine yet, helped out with support inside this very thread - plus they've responded positively to any criticism and it's been really great to see.
I honestly do think people dismissing this game will be missing out on one of the most interesting pins in recent years, and I hope a lot more people get a chance to try it in it's near-complete or finished state. I'm really glad I took the plunge, and I'll certainly be getting EVERYONE to play it at my place!

We really do see those who have supported us all the way through and appreciate it!

1 week later
#8081 1 year ago

Eric is on a different project! Fawzma will finish up the HWUM solo as far as actually coding! Obviously many members of the team pitch in to help!

1 month later
#9235 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I moved my BSE into the lineup and I have been up late playing every night since I got it. I have almost 200 plays on it already with my best score being 74 million. I have to say, I'm sorry I doubted this game, because it really is a lot of fun and it also ties into the movie beautifully. I have become a believer. So, THANK YOU Spooky team for doing a classic horror movie justice!
Amazingly, I also have yet to need to raise the playfield. I don't think I've ever made it this far before with any new game. The playfield surface still looks incredibly nice too, which is really something these days.
I do have some thoughts on the code, but I know a big update is around the corner, so will see what that brings to the game. [quoted image]

I have been following your comments along the way! I'm really happy to see this! I don't think we are going to let you down on code. Spooky Bug and the other Luke have some very impressive stuff up their sleeve.

4 months later
#12569 1 year ago
Quoted from blbarchik:

To spooky: how about an audio knocker sound for standard models? Stern/ Sega did it and it sounded realistic and that was 20 years ago! Cmon

I had never considered that! Also I like the name of the town you are from lol

3 months later
#14157 11 months ago

Matt is contracted to finish a set list of objectives, the same objectives that we said would be in the game from the start. You guys are getting pretty wild with the theories of people quitting etc. As far as timeline, code never happens as fast as we want but we are working on it! Next update will be coming pretty soon here! Unfortunately, I can't give you an exact timeline because I can't program. I setup the timeline I want to see and what I think customers want to see but at the end of the day it really comes down to just each individual programmer and the speed they are capable of. Believe me if there was anything I could do to make the whole game finished tomorrow I would.

#14172 11 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Are you able to reiterate these objectives? Glad to hear this isn’t time based. Thanks

Well it is time based as far as when we have agreed we want to see it done. However Matt has committed to finishing the project to the objectives we promised to be finished. I'll try to break down what we have committed to.
1. This update will include the final expert mode of the game which brings us to a total of 8 main Jack-O-Lantern modes.
2. The next main objective is "The night he came home" final wizard mode to culminate the game. Which brings us to 2 total wizard modes in the game as promised.
3. Jack-O-Lantern sub wizard multiball mode which is complete.
4. 3 main multiballs which are already complete.
5. The Judith add a ball jackpot feature which is already completed.
6. Further we have many additional assets including clips, text, scoring additions, polish, and bug fixes on the list.
7. (also boobs)

That should all wrap up together with a very respectable 15 mode game.
I'm also not opposed in any way to continuing to spend and invest on HWUM code as long as I can get a programmer to do it. We have done tremendous work over the last 2 years to set ourselves up to offer code support on our games for much longer and also release them with better and better code at launch. For now though what I listed above I believe fulfills what we laid out from the beginning!

#14186 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I like the scoring additions part. Hope we see more open scoring options during modes or to help prevent being locked out of so much of the playfield depending on whats running.

Totally agree on both of those points

#14187 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

This all sounds great but wanted to confirm - new animations are coming as promised right?

I believe they have already implemented many new animations. I am not sure what is left at this time. I should note obviously there are assets in the new expert mode and will be in final wizard as well.

#14261 11 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

can we have #7 for Ultraman as well?

We have looked and looked for it. Cannot locate in the show lol.

2 weeks later
#14686 10 months ago

Hey guys I just wanted to drop in and say I'm glad your enjoying the update. Matt will get the bugs knocked out no worries. It's cool to see this game getting to the level we always wanted it to be and obviously this game will always have a special place in my heart. This game has been one hell of a wild ride to say the least. Best part is there is still more in store. Appreciate all of you that have continued to follow these updates and played this game through every part of the journey. Although there have been some rough parts I hope you guys found the positives of the journey.

4 months later
#16358 5 months ago

If any of you are interested and use Facebook hop over and follow my page "Spooky Luke". I am going to start sharing a bunch of the behind the scenes photos of the game design and engineering of Halloween, Ultraman, Scooby Doo and I have even been known to drop the occasional future title hint. I'll try to share something cool atleast once or twice a week that nobody has had the chance to see.

Screenshot_20231114_123544_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231114_123544_Facebook (resized).jpg
3 months later
#16731 56 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Definitely a Mandela effect going on with this scene. Not just with this game either - the movie is mis-remembered as having WAY more T&A than was ever in there. I'm sure it's due to F13 and the other knockoffs that came quickly afterwards

100% mandella effect. It fooled me as well we want back and researched this several times lol. What's in the movie is in the game.

1 month later
#16945 2 days ago

Remember to make sure the game is ON when you change batteries or you will lose data!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpookyLuke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=SpookyLuke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.