20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SLRage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#809 2 years ago

Pinside has so many Drama Queens it’s embarrassing to the hobby!

I’ve played the game, it shoots great. I’ve met the Spooky crew, they truly care and are more passionate about their product than any company out there.

I don’t know if these type of guys are stretching themselves financially, worried about making money on the pin down the line or just perpetual crybabies in general?

RELAX and stop acting like a bunch of whiny little b*****s!

#1116 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hope so. Early sentiment on Stranger enabled me to get a resale LE with UV kit for $7500.

I’ll give ya 8k! . Come on! Eight Thousand dollars!

#1117 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

It’s a long one so here we go:
After playing it all afternoon, I gotta say this game is a fun one! Much faster than I expected and the subways (which were a huge concern) aren’t that bad at all. Maybe a tad slow from the pumpkin, but overall does not sour my opinion. Hoping they will stage balls down the road or something. It’s something different which is especially cool if you have multiple games in your lineup as I like variety. The left side was also a concern, but it isn’t bad. Do wish there was a tad more variety on that side or that maybe the middle hedge shot the ball back out or something, but it is what it is. Ramps are fairly easy to hit and the center ramp is a lot steeper. My screws do stick out and look shoddy, so I’m hoping to get an upgraded ramp that Luke mentioned above. Definitely can see those chipping away at the ball. Slings are fast and tight which I like and the flippers are very Stern-like. Fast and snappy which is awesome! The orbits are fast as hell as well as the 180 ramp to Sanatarium. Both of the mini playfields play great and are a lot of fun. *Have had my ball stuck in the bottom right of the sanatarium between the post and rubber multiple times now so I need to address that somehow.
As for cosmetics, the game is F’n stunning! The bare LED’s look great - and aren’t blinding at all. I see no reason why anyone would want to turn them down. Looking forward to seeing the light shows develop as we progress. Very cool possibility’s here. My #78 does have the hedge multiball insert “debatable” lighting style. It looks like the artwork is intended so as the insert is going behind the hedge so think what you will of that. Doesn’t bother me one bit and all the whining seems quite overblown when you are actually standing in front of the machine. If I must question something I guess it would be the lighting insert shape for the pumpkin nose - a hexagon cutout for a triangle nose does look kinda odd. Petty concern like the above I know, and that can easily be fixed by 3D printing a triangle within a hex plug. minor and I mean minor stuff here…. Decals are vibrant and look outstanding and I love the artwork. Backglass is vibrant and does have a little up close sparkle to it which is nice. Would have gone butter to complete the package if it were cheaper but I couldn’t justify $1K for it (pinball budget is blown as I also picked up a GNR LE this week (which is also badass))
Love the Gold Vein powdercoating, and also eagerly awaiting the knife handle shooter - will be a great touch. Also gotta mention the pumpkin side rails and lit speakers look badass. The whole package is stellar. Sounds good too as I believe this game has a bigger cab speaker. May add a klipsch 12”sub down the road too.
Perhaps I am biased since I love the original Halloween so much. To really love this game you gotta love the original film or else you just won’t “get it”.
This game will shine as the code progresses. There is so much that they will be adding that it will be a blast to see how this game progresses. Definitely Hoping for more modes. I’ll be enjoying the ride in this one as it matures.
***Would like to know how to put more than 3 initials in my high scores - can’t find that option in the menu.
I had my concerns, but those have all gone away. Different style game no doubt but I like it and to have #78 is the perfect icing in the cake. For me, it’s a keeper and Not going anywhere. Great Job Spooky!

Really glad you like it! I was instantly impressed after getting to see and play it

#1224 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Butter looks awesome, but honestly the decals are so glossy, I don't regret not getting it. You can see your hand in the decal reflection! So unless you want the bragging rights....
[quoted image]

I tried to tell people the same thing. Ive seen both side by side and "looks wise". the decals look "sharper" and "glossier." Rubbing your hand on them they feel "sticky" whereas the butter feels well like butter. If rubbing your machine is your thing then well....butter is the way to go!

3 weeks later
#1786 2 years ago

Different strokes for different folks. He said he loves GnR and music pins. If you love GnR you are most likely a fan of bells and whistles and not focused as much on gameplay and flow. Halloween shoots great, GnR shoots terrible. No ones right and no one is wrong.

I used to get enamored in JJP's flare but as I have played and owned more pins I realized that what matters to me is how the game plays/flows. Halloween plays like nothing else out there and I believe it will be a hit in a home environment.

Someone is going to get a steal to get #78 at that price and over the years this pin will be very collectible IMHO.

Quoted from xian222:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-halloween-collectors-edition-21
Went from enjoying the game play to selling awfully quickly. Sorry to see you go John.

#1801 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Much respect for you. All games won’t jive with all people…and you aren’t looking to flip, just to get your money back. A great game and a great number. Good luck with the sale.

I agree. John seems like a great, straight forward guy. Glad he found a pin that "clicks" with him in GnR. He could have been really greedy with having pin#78 but he is just moving on and you have to respect that. If I didn't have pin #420, I would be tempted to swap out just based on the perceived value of that PIN number in years to come.

1 month later
#2551 2 years ago
Quoted from Danzig:

You’re doing nothing but whining and complaining on this thread yet you tell other people to “Grow up?” What are you, Kaneda Jr, or something?

Credit to Kaneda, at least he "Play's" his games. This Whistle D*ck is whining about not being able to sit around and stare at his "rod" while he tells a group of grown men who buy 10k toys how rich he is.

#2555 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Never said I was rich. That was what someone else. Why don’t you come blow my whistle.

Why do I get the impression I’m not the first guy you have said that to?

#2683 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Received and installed the matching powder coat shooter housing. Plus the back alley creations blood.[quoted image][quoted image]

Very Nice!

#2755 2 years ago

Man you are not wrong when it comes to the first year in the market. I’m ending my first year and wow these lessons are expensive

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Jeff, where are your stats coming from? Where is your evidence? Most of the guys I've seen selling just don't like the outlook of the game.

Most are losing money on presales, not games. Take a look at stranger things. It was in the same place when it came out.
I truly hope that all of you impatient buyers start investing in stocks, following them daily. You'll get slayed your first year and earn some of the best wisdom that you can: Patience fucking pays.
There truly is a lesson here. Stay the course. Inquire and learn. Most of all, Chillax.

#2782 2 years ago

I’m really glad I was able to see both the butter Vs non-butter side by side or I would be FOMO about the butter based on the comments here in the thread.

Now if the decals are not installed correctly that’s a whole different issue!

#2901 2 years ago

I respect your opinion (no cats here) but.... My pet peeve are people who treat pinball machine ownership as some sort of fine art collection. These things were built to be played not looked at. I know they are expensive but they are Toys and they take up a ton of real estate. If ya got em play em and no I would not get rid of a house pet based on having a pinball machine.

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

LOL! I think people that have cats and pinball machines are crazy! No way I would risk having my machines scratched up.

#2903 2 years ago

If it ever happens wrap those puppies in carpet and play on

Quoted from metallik:

We've had cats and pinballs for the last 19 years and never had an issue. Pinball legs and cabinets are not at all ideal scratching surfaces and no cat has even tried doing it.

#2906 2 years ago

Fair enough

Quoted from Lopa:

I disagree pinball is absolutely fine art, mechanical art etc. I play the crap out of my machines but I still got a sexy butter Halloween because it looks so damn good.
Art isn’t just painting, some of the conduit runs I did as a wiremen were pure sculptural beauty hidden underneath ceiling tiles. I get your point in that some people take that stuff overboard with the “trailer queen” mentality.

#2909 2 years ago

Agree . I find this mentality sad and strange.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

It’s a similar thing with car collection. Nothing is sadder than a garage queen. I feel so strongly they are meant to be driven and enjoyed.

1 week later
#3185 2 years ago

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I wanted to put a real one in the game but they said it's a safety hazard lol! Looks great
Also yes we will be putting mylar in the area from now on. Probably shouldn't be an issue on most games but better safe than sorry!
On a general scale if you reach out to us in a kind and respectful manner we are always going to try to do anything we can to help!

#3259 2 years ago

EXACTLY! I went to a pinball show to try and buy a GNR as a fan of the band. Beautiful pin to say the least but gameplay was bad and repetitive. That game would bore the heck outta me in a home environment.

Halloween was kick ass at the show and very very early code. People were standing in line 30+min and feedback was positive to say the least.

Now I also love the Hobbit for totally different reasons. Mine is bolted to the floor while so many crap on it as well. Nothing beats a Hobbit Adventure, just not everyday because 1.5 hr games are awesome in moderation.

I’ve never purchased a Spooky game but the feedback has been brutal to say the least. Makes absolutely no sense to me!

Quoted from JesseJames23:

I don’t get it either. I’ve played Halloween. It’s fun, and it immerses you into the movie. I played JJP Guns & Roses the same day. I thought it was really bad? Pretty machine but I could care less if I ever played it again. I’m a Guns & Roses fan also.

#3260 2 years ago

True. My first impression of ST was no good at all. I have it now with all the bells and whistles and love it. Brutal but just has that “one more game” feeling down

Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

It reminds me of early reviews of stranger things and the walking dead…. I still have mine and now they are in high demand. I foresee the same with Halloween.

#3261 2 years ago

So I have a question. Was the release of Rick and Morty’s the same? Did everyone bitch and complain at first?

#3277 2 years ago

Let’s start with a 9mm and work our way up.

Quoted from spooky_dj:

At spooky HQ, I'm advocating that all our playfields undergo a hardness test at time of manufacture. I mean, other companies literally *hammer* test their playfields. That sounds pretty hardcore to me, but I say we turn it up to eleven, and proof our playfields against a Barret .50 cal. I mean, every single playfield would fail, but how badass would that be; knowing that your playfield was "Spooky, .50 cal tested (TM)"?

1 week later
#3409 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I'll have to make the butter decision soon. Leaning towards butter due to some posts regarding sticker issues (which would drive me nuts) and collectibility. I had an early direct print WOZ ECLE so I kinda know what to expect. Still... $1K is pricey. Any butter regrets?

No regrets till the first scratch

1 month later
#4390 2 years ago

#420 Butter Email sent

#4480 2 years ago

Very Nice!

Quoted from John_C:

You're right; there have not been near enough posts from folks who are enjoying their machines.
Despite the initial problems I had with my machine, I have it dialed in pretty good now and I absolutely love it. I have a Jurassic Park Premium machine that I received last August and have been playing almost non-stop since I got it (about 2500 games now). But since Halloween arrived in February, my Jurassic Park has been sitting largely un-played.
The gaming on Halloween is such a different feel as compared to JP. The left side of the playfield is completely different from the right, which to me keeps things fresh and unpredictable. And again, the Sanitarium is level is completely different from the House level, requiring different types of shots. I am not a great player so it's a real thrill for me when I get up to the House and cross the bridge (especially in adult mode). The latest code really polishes the game play up a lot and I can't wait to see what comes in future revisions.
Part of the fun of owning machines, at least for me, is customizing them a bit. Check out the mods I've made / added to mine, including a graveyard, an authentic 12" stainless steel chef's knife, the getaway car from the Sanitarium, and some other stuff.
I think that this machine is getting a bad rap for stupid reasons and I don't understand it. This game is a real winner.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#4512 2 years ago

The Hobbit faced a similar situation. Most people played the early code and/or on location and made a justified poor opinion. Put it in a home environment with a finished code and it’s in a league of it own.
Gotta be in the mood for a long adventure game when you play though!

3 weeks later
#4946 2 years ago

Nice set up Ole Boy

Quoted from Bobbydevil:

#364 butter is home and it’s glorious.
[quoted image]

#4966 2 years ago

Very Cool. Count me in if ever available

Quoted from dnaman:

I'll get the info.
It was a friend's that I recast to make it lighter and so that I could paint it differently. This was post-cast and pre-paint.[quoted image]

#5044 2 years ago

Yeah I went Butter for the same reason. Really didn’t want it but didn’t want jacked up decals on a 10k toy. Haven’t gotten mine yet but to be honest with this powder coat issue as well as others I’m not really that excited. QC is everything when it comes to business in my opinion. I keep hearing about “new titles” but there are some real issues to be worked out on this one first IMHO

Quoted from jk2171:

I have the butter option; it is amazing! I also have Alice Cooper with decals and those are good too. But with the recent decal issues on HWN I would def get butter if you can swing it. Just my .02.

#5066 2 years ago

At this point I feel bad for Luke. He seems like a great guy who may be in a tough spot. I’m sure he know this issue is unacceptable but at this point the ship has sailed. There is no easy “fix” for this one guys.

Quoted from Cheeks:

I have well under 100 plays on my HWN and it's already showing a dark spot on the lock bar.
There's literally nothing anyone could possibly say to justify that by any definition. And no, buying spares is not an acceptable solution.

#5068 2 years ago

Okay not “easy” for Most. I respect your opinion but….You also mess with cars as your hobby. Most of us Play pinball as ours.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

There is. It’s what we do with cars and powder coating parts you touch a lot.
You spray occasional clear coat on it. I use an HPLV gun, but of the side armor I’ll probably just tape it off and use my airbrush. Make sure you let it dry two days before touching.

#5157 1 year ago

So just got word my machine is coming on Friday. Have we determined that I should buy the 2k clear and coat the lockdown bar before playing?
What are everyone’s thoughts on how to handle this situation?

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Started spraying the 2k clear. DO NOT use and prep cleaner. I sprayed some electrical contact cleaner which is pretty much aerosol isopropyl alcohol and evaporates and leaves no residue.
Went to wipe to make sure dry and some of the gold and black powder coat came off. See pics. If any clear was applied it was very little.
The amount of powder coating seems pretty thin. I attached pics were it rubbed completely off where the lockdown bar makes contact.
Whoever did the powder coating should pay to have them done correctly. Sure looks like it was rushed with very little or no clear coat(not saying it’s fact), but sure looks like it.
Not happy where more gold and black powder coat came off. Looks worse in sunlight but damn.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#5164 1 year ago

Did you use the gloss or the matte?

Outside of having it power coated then yes use the 2k. I did multiple coats with one can. Todays the first day of playing so will have to update and see how it holds up.

#5167 1 year ago

If I just did the lockdown bar would you be able to tell a big difference were it meets the side rails? Did you sand? How many coats?

Sorry for all the questions, this is all new to me

#5227 1 year ago

So just got my game and have a few issues y’all might be able to help with.

1. Topper lights not working. I checked for the obvious connections not secure but look all good. Wire to LED’s does get hot and you can see in the pics the coating may look dark at the connection to the strip?

2. Clear pop in target bank is not flush with the playfield and jumps the ball. Center one and one to the right are raised about 1/8”

(((Edit……Fixed the drop targets….No luck on topper LED’s))

Thanks in advance!

053F57D0-A611-4FD1-8AE2-457F681B5F76 (resized).jpeg053F57D0-A611-4FD1-8AE2-457F681B5F76 (resized).jpegC1F3CC05-1F9F-49D2-AF9F-E333F4AD5DE2 (resized).jpegC1F3CC05-1F9F-49D2-AF9F-E333F4AD5DE2 (resized).jpegF40A617A-214A-4266-916E-6CD9054E1B35 (resized).jpegF40A617A-214A-4266-916E-6CD9054E1B35 (resized).jpeg

#5267 1 year ago

Okay so I wanted to give my initial impression of the game (Just arrived yesterday). I was really nervous following this thread!

Game arrived with a few issues (drop target mechanism need adjustment/. Topper LED's seem blown) but because it was Butter the game was seriously protected with moving blankets/ foam etc. so "physically" the game arrived perfect.

First things first This game is freaking gorgeous! I mean seriously to me this entire game (cabinet and playfield) "looks" better than any game on Earth IMHO. The light shows are great as well and ties in well with the modes.

This game Sounds amazing. Beside the "monkey" sounds after the ball drains I really love the sound layout. The speakers seem top notch.

Most importantly the game Plays Amazing. It draws you in and translates the "stress". you feel watching a horror movie. It's a hard game that seems to have a lot of depth to shoot for. The ball travel is unpredictable so you feel like Michael is coming out of no where when you least expect it. I love the shots and I love the upper playfield.

The lockdown bar seems to have no polyurethane however and the 2K clear is coming my way tomorrow for me to try and fix that coming issue.

I am 100% stoked I bought this game at this point! It's not perfect yet but the theme Kicks Ass. All for now!

#5356 1 year ago

The good Waaaaaaaay out ranks the bad.

Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

There’s 16 for sale already. Then reading about so many issues that aren’t going well. Powder coat. Things not working on set up or even worse not getting the parts and it sitting there.

#5358 1 year ago

If you pull off getting one for 2k off you should from this day forward be known as “The Man”

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I’m serious about the spot. Who is it with - Spooky? Just a simple phone call and it can transfer to my name. I had problem too but know it is a winner in the long run.

#5383 1 year ago

Quoted from NewmanJerry:

so your friend will get a pin that will suck in your opinion...[quoted image]

#5395 1 year ago

How long did you let your lockdown bar sit after spraying?

I sprayed 2k max clear coat autograde and so far no more of the gold coming off.

I sprayed 2k max clear coat autograde and so far no more of the gold coming off.

#5460 1 year ago

I need to nab a Sopranos machine someday!

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Set up #410 yesterday and I'm gonna have to eat some crow regarding my initial worries about NIB issues.
Played a solid 20 games or so and everything worked perfectly. All the upper PF's work great... no hangups... no weird flipper stuff... no crashes... the topper works... came with knife shooter and a fully lit Hedge Multiball insert... lifters work great... both ramps are easy to hit... Michael figures work great... all I had to do was level, add balls and play.
Liking the variety of the modes (they make you shoot all over the playfield) and interesting ball paths. Lighting, ambience, and a lot of the sound is top notch. Game looks/feels sturdy and very well built. Looks great in person, really nice detailing on the upper playfields.
Audio levels still need some love for sure, Fear the Reaper came on and I could barely hear it... some audio clips get cut off mid-word... but confident that'll all get polished once the content is all in place.
Looking forward to future updates, and again just wanted to share a positive unboxing experience and say cheers to Spooky on sending me a fun and solid playing game.
Lastly, the fine folks at Buffalo Pinball will be streaming this at my place on the Bro Show™ tomorrow at 8pm btw if you'd like to see it in action btw!
[quoted image]

#5578 1 year ago

Okay so just had my first “breakout game!” Holy wow that was fun!! There was a great song blaring/lights flashing/Titties flopping!! This game kicks some serious Ass!

F04A3670-6505-4F05-8FF3-A4BE5C8A4456 (resized).jpegF04A3670-6505-4F05-8FF3-A4BE5C8A4456 (resized).jpeg
#5581 1 year ago

$500.00 “show demo special” is normal at all pinball shows I have been to.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So…even Spooky themselves are selling these games at discounted prices at MGC? Hmmm…
[quoted image][quoted image]

#5668 1 year ago

Great Job. Thanks for doing this!

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Cards installed. [quoted image]

#5786 1 year ago

That’s a great call. Such great pics though!

Quoted from Morgoth00:

These are all sweet, but my feedback is that none of them should have the title "Halloween" on them, especially not on both, as it is overkill and the word Halloween is already in between the cards as well on the apron in big letters

1 week later
#6019 1 year ago

Okay guys I know I’m doing something dumb but every time I try and install the update I get this screen. Instead of updating the code it is downloading a log on the usb. What on Earth am I doing wrong? Thanks in Advance

DF0B0EB4-7EE5-417E-B523-B3B489BA997B (resized).jpegDF0B0EB4-7EE5-417E-B523-B3B489BA997B (resized).jpeg
#6021 1 year ago

I tried that several times and it stays on 106b.

Turn off the game and remove the usb drive. It should boot to the new code the next time you turn it on.

#6029 1 year ago

Thanks so much for the help guys! Ends up the file name had a number in it. Once removed, all good! The new Wizard mode is Intense!

Can’t believe they left the monkey sound in the game though

Is this the same USB drive you used to get to 1.06b? Windows - correct? If so, format the usb drive and re-download the new code. Don’t just delete the old file.

#6123 1 year ago

3 weeks for me

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

#690 non butter invoice paid! Now…how long till it shows up on my door step? Any estimates?

#6227 1 year ago

Bizarre

#6270 1 year ago

Yeah. As an earlier poster stated, this is the easiest mode to complete. Maybe you should give the game some play time even though you are good at pinball.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

And you can get all of those including the ramp shot in 60 seconds regularly? I’ve done it 3 times in 45 games and I’m a good player.

#6282 1 year ago

Mines kinda loud as well. Probably normal.

Quoted from coasterguy:

In the club.
So far everything seems good. I guess I need to update code? The only thing I notice is that the knife topper motor is a tad loud but not horrible. Is this normal guys?
[quoted image]

#6286 1 year ago

Dang, you win the Superfan award!

Quoted from Completist:

Finally mustered up the ambition to move the Spooky row down to make room for Halloween. Next Spooky game i gotta move these all to a new wall lol.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#6296 1 year ago

Man I’m sorry that happened on a long weekend. I guess it kind of a crap shoot with what can go wrong in the wild world of pinball.

Quoted from Pinash:

Label started to burn. I wonder why no fuse popped? It’s a bummer this happens on the long weekend, but I’m sure spooky will help me out on Tuesday. The game is very fun, but with issues like this I am less thrilled about the purchase.[quoted image]

#6336 1 year ago

I say sell your spot. I feel your pain in reading this thread and know I was “lucky” enough to receive a machine that only had a topper led strip that was burnt out and was replaced quickly but if you are this concerned going into the game, I would sell my spot.

I haven’t seen anything so far that has presented itself as an issue that has been any worse or better than any other new pins from any other companies . Spraying the lockdown bar with 2k before ever touching was easy but I’ll never know if my powder coat would have failed?

My humble advice would be to buy a HUO Halloween pin years down the road if you are still interested. This pin is expensive and has proven to be a challenge for some. If that already has you wary, let it be someone else baby at first to get it tuned in.

This initial journey with these machines may prove imperfect but I would not trade my Halloween pin for any pin at this point, period. This pin finally got my wife hooked which is a Huge Statement for my family anyway.

Good luck on whatever you decide!

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I think I need to either take a break from this thread, or sell my spot. It's just one thing after another with Halloween. I've been hanging in there for almost a year and after finally playing it at TPF I was very happy to learn the pin is fun and plays well an left feeling good about my purchase. But the amount of issues still present more then halfway into the run is very disheartening and indicative of poor design and poor fit and finish. Spooky got a pass in these areas when they were new. Fast forward a few titles and they were still getting a pass because they were still small and well-priced in the marketplace. At this point
they are neither and all of these issues are unacceptable. AP, CGC, Stern, and most everyone else is crushing Spooky on reliability and fit and finish. It's not enough anymore to simply make pins that are unique and fun. They need to be commercial quality. No boneheaded design flaws, ball traps, new pins going up in smoke, problematic wiring, junk airball protectors, shoddy cabinet decal jobs, loose topper assemblies, defective powder coat jobs, late-run code bugs. Still no owner's manuals, or parts numbers. I'm probably forgetting a few things. This has been brewing in my mind for a while. I'm fed up. Not sure what the best fix is, but I imagine it would be to employ more industry vets, particularly in design, engineering, and assembly. Too much inexperience over there. Too many things they don't know, but should. Too much trial and error on in-production games. Nothing wrong with having some younger talent, but you've got to balance it out. That's pretty much all I have to say. Now back to deciding whether I want to sell one of my good pins to make room for this damn thing.

#6425 1 year ago

Even my little one Loves Halloween! ❤️

55240702-FDFF-4720-956A-18BB5E00D6C2 (resized).jpeg55240702-FDFF-4720-956A-18BB5E00D6C2 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6576 1 year ago

It’s kinda funny to me that grown men (for the most part) are soo excited for a Toy Story 4 game that’s gonna hit the market tomorrow . Different strokes for different folks I guess but as for me….well….you can have your “friend in me” stuff . I’ll keep my Halloween pin bolted.

#6577 1 year ago

While I’m at it……I’ll also be glad when all of the “I plop down deposits on pinball to try and make money” clowns re-assign their Halloween spots to people who appreciate the game itself.
If you like the theme and play this game at home, your probably gonna love it. Time will sort this thing out.

#6659 1 year ago

First time I’ve heard this complaint and I have no idea what you expected on a Halloween movie based pinball machine?

Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

So I just unpacked and played my new Halloween CE tonight for the first time.
First the positives;
I think it is the best playing, best designed Spooky yet.
And the negative;
...with the worst audio/ sound design of ANY pinball machine made in the past 20+ years.
Upon hearing the fake Donald Pleasance voice the first time, I actually thought it was a computer generated, old Apple computer or a Speak n' Spell, boot up screen "joke".
When I realized it wasn't a joke.....
!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
It is simply atrocious.
I think this game has the worst voice acting I have heard in any form of entertainment in the past 20+ years. (And that is including bad Japanese voice overs in old video games.)
It completely and utterly destroys the entire game for me.
You have one of the best horror soundtracks of all time playing, minimal (as in lacking) sound fx and this unbelievably, bad voice actor absolutely dominating the audio saying the worst delivered call outs ever conceived in pinball history...it's just beyond belief how bad it is...
I looked in the menus for any way to turn the voices off, but can not find any way.
Please, please, please tell me there is a way to get rid of this voice, the game is unplayable to me with it on.
It makes me want to slit my own throat every time I hear it.
How on earth did Spooky think this voice is even remotely acceptable?
For this single reason alone, I definitely would not recommend the game, as it entirely kills any sort of atmosphere (and enjoyment) the rest of the assets try to create. I hated playing it by the second game.
I'm utterly shocked by this as Spooky has amazing audio in ACNC, R&M, TNA and...
...I also got an Ultraman which is 1000% better due to the audio complementing the experience, instead of completely destroying it.
If you are thinking of which game to get, there is simply no contest; Ultraman.

#6743 1 year ago

My Father’s Day present is Killer!

7976205F-C37C-47BA-A980-82EA7084ADC3 (resized).jpeg7976205F-C37C-47BA-A980-82EA7084ADC3 (resized).jpeg
#6789 1 year ago

Yes

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does Halloween ce come with standard glass ?

#6825 1 year ago

So do we have any “inside info” on what we can expect from the next update?

#6908 1 year ago

Hey look at us!…..I actually completely agree with you!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This is the most insane comment I’ve read here all day. Callouts are there for the exact purpose of CALLING out what’s happening in the game and instructing the player what to do. I mean…that IS pinball.

#6952 1 year ago

I think that's a fair statement.

Quoted from pinmister:

With all due respect to Spooky-most of their games are not suited for full time operation. You can tell they are still somewhat of a homebrew company trying to push out large quantities. 3d printed parts, failing servos, things put together with hot glue, etc. If I was an operator not sure I would put Halloween on location. Just the thought of having to take apart the playfields to replace a small broken plastic piece would have me cringing as an operator. Stern has done a pretty good job bulletproofing their machines and Spooky still has the learning curve going on. That being said Spooky games are so innovative and fun-I tend to look over those aspects. Are they perfect-no but damn are they really enjoyable to flip. The smiles alone are worth it to me.

#7030 1 year ago

Halloween desperately needs some great code updates before I’m ready to rank. Do y’all with experience with Spooky think they can make it happen?

#7035 1 year ago

So far so good with 2k for mine

#7049 1 year ago

Great Update Team Spooky!!!

#7155 1 year ago

Hit the flashing shots beside the left ramp then a left ramp shot after you go across the bridge to unleash the girls!

Quoted from manadams:

Shows here filing her nails with no bewbs when I do that.

#7185 1 year ago

Set the game on 5 ball and keep the glass off?!?

What is your go to strategy on this game so far? Hit the drops, start a mode and go for hedge multi? Or? Just curious. I haven’t been able to break 100m yet. I only get time to play it on the weekends unfortunately.

1 week later
#7392 1 year ago

Bottom line….proper coding is needed. This game “could” be epic. Fix the graphics, do what it takes to properly fix the code and you have created an epic package in Halloween!

Quoted from metallik:

And really, why do sanitarium and house modes lock each other out? Let me start both so I can get a controlled feed to sanitarium from house, which would make starting sanitarium MB a lot less frustrating. As soon as either multiball is started, pause the progress on the other mode til multiball is over, then restore the other mode state.

#7393 1 year ago

I have cranked some Tool, killed the lights, great brew, premium herbs and some Halloween pinball.

Very good game that Can be great with some polish!

God bless Spooky team and God bless the weekend!

#7442 1 year ago

I really need a replacement scoop as well but can’t seem to find one to purchase. The bending thing only works temporarily

Quoted from Mrg50:

I posted this on the Ultraman thread but didn’t get an answer. I’d like to order a more rugged replacement scoop but I don’t know which is the least likely to bend. Recommendations?
After 4 weeks of use, the mystery scoop deflector on my Ultraman was bent backwards resulting in difficulty making shots to the scoop. I bent the deflector back to a 45 degree angle and the now the shot is much more reliable. I’ve seen a few posts about replacing the scoop to fix this issue. My question is, which replacement deflector is the most rugged and least likely to bend in the future? Bending the scoop back to 45 degrees every few weeks is not my preferred solution.[quoted image]

1 week later
#7681 1 year ago

Big Improvement IMHO

FAE56DB4-8175-4ED4-B6B5-C7CC53A9194D (resized).jpegFAE56DB4-8175-4ED4-B6B5-C7CC53A9194D (resized).jpeg
#7687 1 year ago

Just had my personal best game! Love this thing!

76D662BD-443E-4E2B-ABF6-77E22FAD643E (resized).jpeg76D662BD-443E-4E2B-ABF6-77E22FAD643E (resized).jpeg
#7731 1 year ago

You definitely have a way of coming across abrasive but I know your passionate about Spooky Pinball and Halloween in particular so….you have kinda grown on me.
We don’t all have to agree and all come from very different points of view but in the end we are fighting for the same team!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hey man, bless your heart. I like me

#7732 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

You definitely have a way of coming across abrasive but I know your passionate about Spooky Pinball and Halloween in particular so….you’ve kinda grown on me.
We don’t all have to agree and all come from very different points of view but in the end we are fighting for the same team!

#7742 1 year ago

Co-op would be badass!

Quoted from McDoom:

I’m still really enjoying this game, nothing like hitting “Jack Pots” simultaneously on 3 different playfields while “Don’t Fear The Reaper” blasts from the speakers (pure adrenaline moment).
I just installed Vimtoman house mod and I highly recommend it if you're on the fence.
Looking forward to the game code fully flourishing on this title. As of now, Spooky is taking steps in the right direction.
(P.S. Still waiting for that Co-op
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#7803 1 year ago

I for one hope they don’t stage balls in this game. This one is hard enough as it is!

#7961 1 year ago

I’m with you….makes no financial sense at all. He was a real “hype machine” for the game after he got it. Looking back I guess that was all fake. Weird.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

So you think they are worried about losing even more than the $2k-2.5k hit they are taking by selling now? It seems that the best way to avoid losing money would be not to sell right now, hence my time capsule comment. Maybe they believe that the bottom of the market has not yet been reached. I have doubts owners are taking it on the chin like that because they are too impatient to learn the rules. These quick turnarounds have me concerned that I will get bored with the game quickly, but I'd be happy to be wrong about that.

#7963 1 year ago

The code has a lot of bugs…….but that will be addressed.
The gameplay is great for a home environment but terrible for tournaments and on location is questionable.
As far as someone having it at home and not seeing the potential and loving the game, well I’m lost on that one?

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Some good points here and I appreciate the thoughtful feedback from all. I do agree that the demand for other new games seems to have recently softened somewhat, outside of a few select titles. The pump and dump just seems to be especially strong with this game. I hope that issues with the code are what is holding it back the most, as those are at least things that can be corrected over time.

#7972 1 year ago

Well I’d love to be wrong about that but Halloween can have long ball times and it requires knowledge of the code to score big points.
I could just see first time players hitting the center ramp over and over again and getting lost/frustrated.
Most of all it’s “buggy”

If no bad feedback however, even better!

Quoted from rotordave:

Interested in why that is?
I’ve seen it used in a few tournaments (inc one last weekend) .. didn’t see any negative feedback about it.
rd

2 weeks later
#8518 1 year ago

I don’t know ‍if you listen to some people there worth bout three fiddy at best!

Quoted from Beechwood:

He mentions $45, pretty sure Halloween is a little bit more than that lol

#8647 1 year ago

I know the wait sucks but it’s worth it for the butter cabinet. I was a skeptic about butter at first buts it’s bad ass.

Quoted from Roostking:

I guess Butter cabs are WAAAY behind if BSE's are being delivered.
Bummer..

#8744 1 year ago

Same here

Anyone else’s wife loving Halloween? My wife has barely touched any of our other pins since March….

#8785 1 year ago

Very nice!

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Burnt rootbeer anyone? A few prelim shots as the game is absolutely sick in this color...sparkly, goldish brown with lights on. Then ominous deep brown in the dark.
Couldnt be happier!!! Ran out of time to add the EL to pumpkin flipper areas today, but will post complete shots when I finish ( matching the oranges to the backboard leds was a PITA).
Might offer the EL kits if interest is there ( the invertor I use is more commercial in nature so it doesn't melt over time like the plastic cubes)
Machine visuals have officially entered badass ...( for me, anyway)...had to share...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#9130 1 year ago

Yes I had it happen on this latest code just the other day

Nope. It was a constant 3 ball. I could let them all drain and it kept kicking them out.
No matter what I did.

#9251 1 year ago

Can you stream your gameplay?

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So…I sold a game today at my location and the guy goes “I see you have a Halloween there, you like it? I’ve heard a lot of thiiings about it online”. I say “we’ll play a few games after we load your game”. I beat the game on the second go around and he saw nearly everything in code including ‘jackolantern’ and the six bangs of the Boogeyman wiz mode. I look over and go “what do you think?” He says “This game is blowing my fucking mind right now. What don’t people like about this thing!?” I say “beats me…it’s one of the best new games in the past 20 years and the code isn’t even finished yet”
Also, new owners: go review the game! Leave a review on each model. This game deserves at LEAST top 20 status. AT LEAST!

#9262 1 year ago

My problem with getting Hedge SJ is not getting enough right flipper shots. I can backhand some hedge shots with the left flipper but mostly luck!

Quoted from guitarded:

Concentrate on the Supers from Hedge and the Upper PF (Sanitarium? I am an UM owner). They are the easiest to get.
I find the key is learning to use the lifter pause to concentrate your attention on the Jackpot Shots.

#9508 1 year ago

I like your style in cars and pinball machines. It’s been a long wait. Enjoy it!

Quoted from Roostking:

He came home. 100% could not be happier at this early stage. Box was perfect with no damage. Once unboxed, I appreciated the large sticker telling me to not cut the shipping wrap or the head would fall. I wasn't exactly sure what I needed to do before i read that sticker and it told me what not to do. I was actually on a phone with a buddy who has done some unboxings and he was like just make sure you don't cut that rap and I was like dude there's a sticker right here telling me not to, so that point was greatly appreciated.
I don't have it's space quite cleared out yet, here's a few pictures. Shoot flawless so far, And the start button with the LED inserted was a good start haha. Also I've got 4 butt pretzels in a row, so it seems like a solid built game ready to roll!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#9797 1 year ago

Arguments aside….this game is rated criminally low and I really think that will change over time. Some care about that and some don’t but I think we can all agree the rating level is BS at this point.

2 weeks later
#10436 1 year ago

No but it would be a lot cooler if it did

Quoted from Pinash:

Does anyone else's machine have a no-skill Judith Myers skill shot? If I do a full plunge with no flipping, the ball rolls from the orbit, hits the left flipper, then right flipper, and then bounces right into the ball lock. I may upgrade the shooter rod spring to something stiffer to eliminate the cheap skill shot.

#10438 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

No but it would be a lot cooler if it did

1 week later
#10654 1 year ago

Well said. I rarely play The Hobbit but I can’t get rid of it because it’s a one of a kind Adventure

Quoted from Vernisious:

In my collection I'd rank Halloween near The Hobbit. Which is to say, I would rather play almost all of my other 16 pins more but when I'm in the mood for a unique and amazing experience, you can't beat the Hobbit and Halloweens immersion. Hobbit > Halloween for me tho.

#10856 1 year ago

Hey Zach did you fix that scoop yet? Super easy and makes a huge difference!

#10870 1 year ago

Had the same thing with my game. Was pissed at myself I waited so long after I saw what a difference it made.

BTW…You and Gregg do a kickass podcast. Thanks for you contributions to our pinball world! Also give Halloween a revised A+ DAMMIT!

Quoted from ZMeny:

Big thanks guys. Completely helped. GC first game.

#10919 1 year ago

He got what I call a “punchy face.” Not a fan at all of that guy

Quoted from Mro-Tek:

buffalo pinball discussed Halloween on their latest youtube video. They totally misinterpreted Spooky's post about the code being delayed. It is too bad because awesomeness of pinball is the fun and happiness it brings. Some people are just negative people. Nick in particular seems like a real jerk.

1 week later
#11161 1 year ago

I only buy the extra ball

At the moment I only buy points in the blood shop. Nothing else seems value added.

#11233 1 year ago

Finally Hit the Wizard Mode!!!!!

2A3F760A-7192-4AD4-BE8D-3F7B56DF4D11 (resized).jpeg2A3F760A-7192-4AD4-BE8D-3F7B56DF4D11 (resized).jpeg
#11239 1 year ago

That takes laser pointers to a whole new level

Quoted from TILT44:

Luna is patiently waiting for the code update, it's going to be worth the wait!
[quoted image]

2 weeks later
#11539 1 year ago

I begged in the SD thread. I did my part guys

#11696 1 year ago

You will get your chance. Why is your machine not listed for sale?

Quoted from TheLaw:

How much are they going for?
If I could het a grand loss only it would be an easy sale. But everyone's diff'rent

Quoted from TheLaw:

How much are they going for?
If I could het a grand loss only it would be an easy sale. But everyone's diff'rent

#11765 1 year ago

Checking out this new code and went to see the boobie shot and remembered we were promised the timing of that glorious moment was to be changed to the crossover shot so we wouldn’t drain a ball in the name of nipple gazing. Remember this? Yeah didn’t happen

#11770 1 year ago

The good news the screen is 1000% more clear!
God I love this game and you know what if I’m gonna drain a ball at least it’s for (.)(.)

Quoted from dnapac:

Risk/reward . Damn, been 1 shot away twice with the new code and can’t seal the deal! Use your peripheral vision to save the ball while gazing at those boobies!

#11776 1 year ago

Yeah that’s cheap. I earned these titties and you can’t ruin it

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Bro you can just look up porn on the internet. Seriously, just type in “boobs” on that top white space on your browser

#11777 1 year ago

In all seriousness this game is really improved with this new update. Really excited to see this puppy progress from here. Great work Sir m4tt

4 weeks later
#12322 1 year ago

You’re not wrong but it’s so cool. I’m torn!

Yeah, I don't think the knife one is ever going back in my game.
Pros:
It is cool
Cons:
Not balanced
Shorter than the standard rod
It is hollow
Rough finish

#12407 1 year ago

Here my 2 cents:

This is SpookyBug’s first game. He knows it’s not where it needs to be. That bothers him as much as it bothers us. He loves this game and theme as much as we do so….He won’t stop till it’s coded to the max.

Yeah it will get better but just got off a great game and remember how much I love this game/theme.

#12417 1 year ago

I mean I guess you can see some “inspiration” from ACNC now that you mention it. The same could be said about many many games from other manufacturers. I have never played that one but have heard good things.

Keep the “fanboy” stuff out of here though just because someone challenges you observations. Opinions are like….well you know the rest.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I guess….[quoted image]

#12430 1 year ago

Bug is the owners son who at this point it “seems” as he is the acting owner. Yes, Matt is the coder in charge at this point.
I’m not a coder but I hardly see it being a “miracle” to finish the codes.

Quoted from Mro-Tek:

I thought Bug has moved on to Scooby Doo? I think it is all in the hands of Matt, who from the sounds of it is very good. Taking on both Halloween and Ultraman at the same time will be a miracle if he can pull it off.

#12433 1 year ago

Fair enough as I have absolutely no knowledge in that field.
From my own experience, I have been a homebuilder for the last 20 years. I subcontract about 75% of the process and handle the rest myself with one full time employee. This background has given me firsthand knowledge in running a company and paying for specialized work to be done on my homes.
I guess I would be considered “boutique” as a homebuilder as I do around 5 homes a year.

Anyway, I can tell you that come Hell or High-water my houses will get completed in a way that I am personally proud of. No, I cannot please everybody but I won’t stop until I am proud to have put my name on the home.

I feel like I am a good judge of character. I have personally met Bug and Luke. I feel their passion for what they produce and what they put their name on.
I seriously have no doubt that this game (and UM) are special to them because Bugs father “handed him the keys” so to speak.
I hope this new programmer is the man for the job and can be the hero but if not this company cannot stop no matter the cost IMO.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I mean no offense here, but software is hard. I hear this type of stuff all the time from non-developers. It takes time, which means money, and sometimes it takes a level of thinking that is pretty abstract. Complicated, in other words. Of course it can get finished and doesn’t take a miracle. What’s hard is figuring out how to get to the finish line without overspending your budget. In pinball, where you can never make everybody happy, and there’s always complaining even when something is great - it does seem to approach impossible.

#12434 1 year ago

Oh and because I met them and know where to find them they should have gotten the impression from me that I will pass out swirlies to all crew members if they leave us all high and dry

#12437 1 year ago

So where was I oversimplifying anything?
I wish people would stop acting like it will be a miracle that they hire someone who can finish the game the way it should be. I is/will be happening .

Coding is not that easy. I wish people would stop over simplifying it. If it was so easy software engineers would be a dime a dozen. Doing two games at once plus stepping in to finish code someone already started is not that easy.
Putting in a new line of code in can have a positive effect, and also a negative effect on code already written. Wish people would understand this. BTW Halloween is my first Spooky pin and I have owned many Sterns since I entered the hobby in 2019.
Now bring on Scooby #32!!

#12449 1 year ago

I’ve had some weird restarts as well. Rare but similar to what you described

Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Not mad at all,but was on my way to a hood game
Two modes complete on first ball,house supers collected and just started sanitarium multi ball and the game just froze had to reboot
Why does this happen ? Overwhelming the game?

2 weeks later
#12652 1 year ago

I guess I need to do that. Mine definitely does not have a lot of power

Quoted from guitarded:

Have you taken it apart and cleaned all of the parts? The shooter assembly on my Ultraman was super sticky until I did that.

1 week later
#12730 1 year ago

I hate all the cartoony crap as well

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Believe because it's simply using the Jason Edminston art bits for the "animation" playing and not the more cartoony stuff that was made.
I still hope for Sanitarium mode's animations to get axed and replaced eventually. It's the one bit of animation that I've had multiple people laugh at or look at me and be like "seriously?!" with how bad it looks. It doesn't help that sanitarium mode locks you out of almost everything so that animation just repeats over and over until you drain if you can't get the mode to advance. It really needs to go (as well as putting a timer or something on Sanitarium)

#12781 1 year ago

The frustration is somewhat warranted. I have been 90% positive up to this point but it’s time for some serious attention to this game. It’s a dream theme for me but it’s time to get the code corrected. Because of the theme, mine is bolted but I really can understand others moving on from this one. I would Love to know where Charlie stands on all of this.

#12800 1 year ago

I, for one, don’t care if your a “fan boy” or a “hater” as long as your passionate about the Spooky team making sure this game gets all that it deserves and in a reasonable time frame.

#12814 1 year ago

I think most everyone knew where you were coming from. All Good

Quoted from Beechwood:

I should have been more specific. The code is a mess. It has everything else to be an amazing pin. I'm keeping it on the hope factor.

#12886 1 year ago

You seem like a good enough guy with absolutely no self awareness but I can assure you that no one is jealous of anyone here.

Your Constant Reminder of the number 32 is like fingers down a chalk board at this point.

It just so happens that 32 and Scooby Doo and well the canoe thingy all rhyme so…… here we all are!?!

Relax, you will get your pinball machine

Not douche canoe and it wasn’t funny the first time nor this. Just a jealous POS decided to add that. And he also thought the shrink wrap spooky uses would stick to the cabinet decals and pull them off.

#12888 1 year ago

Damn it man……No more 32!!!!!!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

We are all #32.

#13010 1 year ago

My review of this update after a half dozen plays is that is evident that the “fun level” of this game is improving. It is starting to all flow together much better and feels less “lineal” I guess. I have always loved the layout but improving the Sanatarium game takeover is huge. Keep up the good work!!

#13095 1 year ago

Wow your an angry rodent

Quoted from Beechwood:

Nope, I have shoestrings on my work boots that I can put deep in your ass.

#13135 1 year ago

Dang, I just now realized they are gone. Weird!

Quoted from Nightmare:

I believe this was asked previously but wasn’t answered. Are they going to bring back PJ Soles callouts?

#13142 1 year ago

Just had a never ending Sanitarium multiball and had to shut down the game. It was stacked with Bob and Lynda. I swear that mode wrecks havoc on this game. I’ll send log tomorrow

#13161 1 year ago

Just experienced another crash. Completed Laurie Slashes back and for some reason a blood target to the left of the left ramp lit up pink just like the bonus hedge shot. I hit it and then it crashed. Sent a screen shot to Matt.

I have to say even with all the “bugs” this is still my favorite game!

#13183 1 year ago

Can someone explain the new Tombstone multiball rules? I know the knife handles now light up but for what purpose?

#13190 1 year ago

So before the multiball they have no significance?

Quoted from manadams:

From watching the UM new code stream which should be similar, the orange knife handles should be jackpots during the multiball and you can stack Tombstone multiball with other multiballs in the game.

#13214 1 year ago

I think the ball locks are a nice addition as well.

#13217 1 year ago

Yeah that would be kinda cool

Quoted from Lostcause:

Just wondering if the balcony magnet could be used as a ball lock seeing as its an earth magnet and the ball sitting there wobbling looks pretty cool.

#13218 1 year ago

I’m glad your spirits are up. I was right there with you. It’s my dream theme as well and I gotta say as frustrating as it is sometimes it gets more playtime than all my other machines. I’m just trusting the team to keep working to get this thing right. You have some great input ideas btw. Thanks for taking the time.

I was feeling down on the game myself, but 1.10 turned me around again and been playing it up and liking the direction it's going. If more content is added and even more adjustments made, then I think I'll be more than happy with my dream theme pin finally. Updated my review a bit even cause of 1.10.
Now I think 1.10 showed what the game needed and think it can use more of. Speeding up the game, more shots, more scoring. The sanitarium change was great, Judith stuff added technically a new official MB and scoring opportunies/targets. And the double scoring in MB from the scoop, another nice addition.
Some modes could possibly be tweaked to be faster, house mode still feels like it can be a bit long in the tooth with how much it takes to get going, but not sure what can be done, players can increase Lauries health decay to speed up that if they need.
Do think there should be more scoring opportunities and less dead shots in the various main modes. Perhaps allow more blood collection, open up scoring for certain targets, and as brought up recently, why not look into adding stuff for round end bonus benefits? Perhaps during House, create some shots that add points to bonus, or a means to earn a bonus multiplier? Halloween doesn't have much rules or use of end round bonus, so that seems like a place we can see some additions for earnings and added scoring items.

1 week later
#13364 1 year ago

That’s a pretty sweet 3 game lineup

Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Thanks man. I just wish it was ready for prime time but sadly, in my opinion, it is not. The only other pin I have that completes my 'holy trinity' is the Elvira HOH 40th.

#13391 1 year ago

Have any of y’all tried a stronger shooter rod spring? I’ve found the stronger plunges make the tombstone shot more attainable but have never swapped out a spring before. Thoughts?

#13412 1 year ago

When was the last update we have had on code?

Yea the audio issues with the game basically come down to the clips and music just being out of wack. It just means they need to alter the actual audio files if anything. Though it feels like they raised the volume on some things a bit much with the last update, I don't even have my stuff up high and it's crazy loud the music for example.

#13423 1 year ago

Dang it! Just had my best score game and another crash. Was finishing up the hedge multiball combined with Laurie Slashes back and bang, game over. Sent report

Learn from me. Don’t combine Laurie Slashes Back and Hedge

Matt replied that this issue has been fixed on his end and will be updated in the next release. Love their customer service!

#13434 1 year ago

I try and set that up once a game. Makes for some big points!

Quoted from curban:

I guess I’m asking other owners to confirm whether they have seen/experienced the same…or whether something crazy is going on with my pin.
I locked ball in cemetery. I started hedge MB. During hedge MB, I released the ball from cemetery. Then scoring started going nuts.

#13454 1 year ago

When my wife gets frustrated with the low scoring I help her by telling her I get most of my points by hitting the pop bumpers as much as I can.

#13491 1 year ago

Improved 100% better than they used to be

Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Thats good to hear...Its a real theme for me too and am thinking I'll try to get one maybe next fall...
Curious though, I've heard people complain about the quality of the clips, has that been improved at all via updates? Thanks for any info

#13556 1 year ago

Sooooooo………Are we a bit overdue for a code update at this point?

#13565 1 year ago

Sad to see it go but I understand. The wait from the release till now is unbelievable.

Quoted from manadams:

Somber day cause I'm trading my HW, want one back once the code is finished but that may be a couple years at this rate. I'm sure a major update will drop Monday right after it's gone [quoted image]

#13579 1 year ago

Resources is a good way to put it. Give coders time and money and get this thing right. We have made a bet sticking it out it’s been a long time and people are giving up.

Quoted from underlord:

As long as Spooky keeps resources going into code updates.

2 weeks later
#13755 1 year ago

Would be nice if Spooky would check this thread and comment on where we are at this point

Quoted from Lopa:

Not saying that at all. Getting approval from one licensor doesn’t stop progress on getting approval from another licensor, that can happen concurrently. Putting licensed assets aside someone has to develop game mechanics and whoever is coding the game has input on how scoring works how the hardware interacts with the software etc.
If coding was simply typing code then we wouldn’t even know or care who was coding a game.

1 week later
#13870 11 months ago

Add me please

#13973 11 months ago

HE LIVES

Quoted from m4tt:

Super quick update: the bulk of the work for the next updates (HWN & UM) is done, testing and tweaks are under way, and when that's finished, we'll be good to go for release.
Roostking send me that tilt video - [email protected] - and thanks everyone for your ongoing support.

#14043 11 months ago

Man I’m weird. I love the rattle based on freaking me out due to the theme.

#14083 11 months ago

This whole update saga always reminds me of the sign “FREE BEER TOMORROW”

#14114 11 months ago

Current high score. Don’t see me beating it this weekend but Here’s to trying

IMG_4813 (resized).jpegIMG_4813 (resized).jpeg
#14216 10 months ago

Bingo

Quoted from guitarded:

Conversely, you could just finish it and you don't have to worry about it again.
Honestly, I think it is the best multiball in the game. Getting Super Jackpots going in a Loop is just fantastic.

1 week later
#14287 10 months ago

Remember when the story was;

“The last update, February, took so long because all the code was re-done so that future updates will happen quickly and easily?”

#14289 10 months ago

That’s the hard part. My machine is bolted based on the tense feel and theme so I don’t care much about value.

What this experience has done for me is that I defended Spooky to anyone I came across.

The way this code and animations have been handled is truly unacceptable at this point. Hiring the clown who made the animations was unacceptable and I have no idea what happened with Fazma but they have not done whatever necessary to get this game to the level it deserves in an acceptable time frame so that we the buyers can properly defend their products.

It is what it is at this point.

Its tough talking with locals and bring up Halloween and they cringe. Many never even played it but just go off of random word online and the values they see them selling for sadly. Few I know clearly only played early code, it's alot better for sure but its a bummer the bad rap going around when it's gotten better and there is still promise there.

#14323 10 months ago

Yeah I’m not selling either.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Neighbor was over last night, puts me in contact with a friend of his who wants into the hobby. Looking for a TZ. Budget is $9k (so, uh not happening in other words). Asks about my collection (which happens to be mostly horror themes right now) “did they ever make a Halloween game? Like the movie?” Yes, and had $9k in my face 15 minutes later. Did not sell. Probsbly an anomaly but there are still fools like us out there with more
Money than brains!

#14376 10 months ago

I mainly agree with your posts but…..EHOH plays like several Stern fan ((cookie cutter)) layouts. Get good at one and you can shoot any of them 80% right off the bat. Godzilla shoots unique but lacks immersion. I have absolutely no problem with Stern but they are generic. I love them for that but it is what it is.

Quoted from metallik:

I'm waiting for this new code y'all have been teasing about since February. Giving the game every chance I can before I move it on, but I've been out of space and about out of patience...
And yes, I'll downvote any mention of "cookie cutter Sterns" because I quite disagree with that assessment. GZ and EHOH, for example, are incredibly challenging, fun and engaging games that play nothing like each other (or other Sterns), OTOH HWN plays like someone's weekend project game by comparison.

#14424 10 months ago

The bottom line from all these posts is that Spooky needs to step up and do what it takes to make This Game what the Theme Deserves.
It’s been years now so good intentions aside, this theme deserves their A Game.

#14460 10 months ago

Same story for me as well.

Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I can't disagree with that statement but when Scooby-Doo was announced my wife said buy it. We discussed on buying Scooby-Doo and I said let's not buy it because Halloween code was not finished. By 2pm on the day you could order Scooby-Doo my wife was so worried we would never own one I purchased it. I kinda regret buying Scooby-Doo because there will be post after post about the code for Scooby-Doo is not completed. I understand Spooky needs to sell games in order to have cash flow but man please focus on getting some people in that can code games...

1 week later
#14538 10 months ago

From that outside window view your gameroom looks like Mike Myers house just a lot cleaner

Quoted from rotordave:

When people show up to this arcade, the last thing they care about is some keys.
rd[quoted image][quoted image]

#14698 10 months ago

I gotta say I Love the new First Kill Mode. We all get testy in here but we all appreciate what you have brought to the table Matt. Cheers!!

#14732 10 months ago

Yes Sir. Under multiball sound effects. I set it to 15

Quoted from gameroompinball:

New code is great, but one question. I noticed that the Don't fear the reaper music is not as as loud anymore during multiball. Is there a setting for this volume? Thx

#14741 10 months ago

So…Can anyone help? All my servos have lost power. Any clues?

#14745 10 months ago

Thanks. I found the fuse but like you said it’s probably just the start of this journey

Quoted from mstang01:

Had the same happen a while back and just fixed recently. Servo fuse has probably blown (3A fast-blow). A failed servo most likely caused it though so get a bunch to use while troubleshooting.

#14746 10 months ago

I ordered the correct fuse.

I had to manually crank the subway mech up to release the ball on both sides so I know they will be “out of wack” when I put in the new fuse.

Anyone know how to make sure I have them in the correct position before I fire her back up with the new fuse?

#14756 10 months ago

It’s really amazing how much better it plays. Took me a couple of nights to have some good games to really explore the new additions but I’m really impressed!

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Absolutely had a blast playing Halloween this past weekend w new code!!! Some real bugs are in there, but confident they will be squashed very soon ( well...hoping actually).
The game really has become a challenging, fun pin to spend serious time on....thank you Spooky!!

#14775 10 months ago

I, for one, think the House Mode is fine the way it is at this point.

#14785 10 months ago

I get the feeling that you are hitting the center ramp a bit too much

It's tedious so I mean I did five the other day in a row and Myers still had a ton of life, so it's hard to say, but I just don't bother to even test cause it's so boring.
I think the idea of it all is fine, but that it all just should be a bit faster at least cause if you didn't start a mode before house triggers, it just takes over the game and shuts down majority of the pf to be scoring nothing anymore and even if you want it to end and do something else, Lauries health drain takes quite a while as well.
I make a point of not ever healing Laurie on the middle PF cause it's long enough and if I haven't gotten the house shot on the balcony unlocked by then, I just want to move on.
Why I liked the timer added to sanitarium as it had a similar problem but the changes to access to the field via the top and the timer has made that mode at least not overstay it's welcome.

#14809 10 months ago

For future reference it is in fact 6 notches below when the lifters are in the down position.

Quoted from mstang01:

Lol, fought that too mine fell out into the cabinet. Had to use trial and error but you can only move them when powered off. I gauged by the position when the gears first engaged when rotating. I think I ended up about 5 or six notches below the bottom of the unit.

#14811 10 months ago

Cool idea

Quoted from RussMyers:

That's not a bad idea.
Maybe a simple Text on screen?
"Spinners at 1.5x!"
"Spinners at 2.0x!"
"Spinners at Max!"
RussM

#14852 10 months ago

So are the PJ Soles callouts not coming back?

#14872 9 months ago

So I have an honest question for us owners. Of all the games in your collection, which game gets the most playtime?
For me it’s Halloween but I’m curious how it ranks with y’all?

#14879 9 months ago

Sweet Lineup!

Quoted from Capn12:

1) FF
2) TBL
3) Halloween
4) Ghostbusters

#14882 9 months ago

It will be interesting to see how many people respond but based on the responses so far it seems like if you have Halloween in your collection it’s gonna demand some serious playtime

#14945 9 months ago

Yes Sir!!

Quoted from AndHart120:

The new code release came out the night before I went on vacation so I didn’t get to play a whole lot until now. I love the first kill mode! The one mistake I saw, which I think others already reported is the missing values in the shop. The first one shown has a cost but if you flip away from it the values aren’t there anymore.
Besides that I think this code has had the greatest improvement of the updates so far!

2 weeks later
#15203 9 months ago

Holy crap guys this machine Rocks now!! Just completed the wizard mode. This machine gets my pulse rate up like none other. Bravo Spooky

IMG_0020 (resized).jpegIMG_0020 (resized).jpeg

#15205 9 months ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Holy crap guys this machine Rocks now!! Just completed the wizard mode. This machine gets my pulse rate up like none other. Bravo Spooky
[quoted image]

#15206 9 months ago

. Fixed it. Told ya my pulse rate was up

Quoted from MattElder:

What are the other 9? I may want to get them!

#15208 9 months ago

So yeah I locked all six balls in Boogyman which I considered a Wizard mode?

Quoted from rotordave:

There isn’t one yet.
Did you do the boogeyman where you locked all 6 balls in the holes?
That’s for getting the SJPs in all 3 of the multiball modes.
rd

#15238 9 months ago

Yeah I got it on Etsy and then my wife painted it. It is made of wood. Hopefully you can still pick one up!

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

hey man where did you get that michael meyers plastic for the topper?

#15244 9 months ago

Drilled a couple holes. If you get one let me know and I’ll get more detailed to help you.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

how did you mount it up there?

#15255 9 months ago

How’s your bump slide skills? That’s a requirement for me on this one

Quoted from Beechwood:

Played it again last night.
My wife suggested I enroll in anger management classes...

#15261 8 months ago

My middle one just went out as well. Weird

2 weeks later
#15405 8 months ago

Dapper Dan,

Sorry just saw your message! I just removed the screw/bolt that was holding the topper together and dry fit the wood piece to where I thought it looked good.
I then used a wood drill bit to drill the piece. After installing though I realized that I would have to “route out” around the drilled hole to allow the washer to recess. I used a Dremmel tool to complete this.
My wife went to the hobby store and got the paint needed and then I smeared some black over her perfect job to age it. All in all pretty easy and has held up since day one.

See post #1110 in the thread for pictures

#15412 8 months ago

Highly recommended

Quoted from Lostcause:

Played mine just now and couldn’t pass 35 mil, hard but good
I might need to take performance enhancing drugs sooner or later

1 week later
#15426 8 months ago

Y’all are spot on. This game feels totally different in a good way.

Lot of folks I've met only played it early on and wrote it off. They haven't touched the game since or tried new code. They will say how the game sucks and so on, but they only played it right after release a couple times or they owned it briefly when it came out and they flipped it quick.
Then it got in rotation once at a local tourney which I was like "oh cool", only to find out it hadn't been updated in forever and was missing so much.

1 month later
#15923 6 months ago

I had the biggest Buzz Kill last night on Halloween.
Got to the wizard mode and locked the 2 furthest hedge balls and then the subway lifter on the left side just kept activating and the closet hedge shot would not register.

Had to drain the ball and after that the game was just over.

1 week later
#16064 5 months ago

Okay so did something change in the latest update about getting the blood store to become active? I seem to be getting into it a lot less.

#16066 5 months ago

Well glad I’m not the only one! That “bug” is a big one m4tt

Quoted from kciaccio:

I never get blood store anymore.

#16069 5 months ago

Yeah I’m never seeing the blood store. Big part of my game is extra balls. m4tt

Quoted from m4tt:

There haven’t been any changes to the drop bank and reset code lately, so if that is giving you problems, check that each of the drops is registering both down AND up correctly in the switch test. The tabs on the drops can lose their black coating that blocks the opto beam. Post back if that doesn’t help.
Regarding the blood store: once you have collected three blood (in one ball) the pumpkin scoop insert will flash white. Hitting the scoop will start the store. I presume your scoop is working to start modes? After that you need to get four blood, then it’s five from then on. It’s like that so the store doesn’t continually pop up as you collect more blood these days. As I type this, it occurs to me that the “in one ball” thing might be the issue - it was put there to stop the store interrupting game flow too much (the store cancels any other blood that’s out there) especially as we hit the scoop a lot more now to get Drive The Evil Back. It could be something we could add a menu option for, we’ll take a look at it.

#16076 5 months ago

I guess I’m gonna have to pull the glass to check it out. It used to be that when I bit the drop targets and the pumpkin was flashing, the blood store and often the mode was ready to start.
Now getting the modes started is the same but I can’t get into the blood store at all.
Must be something going on with my game I guess

Blood store comes up more than ever with the last update, so not sure. Blood store is simply earning blood points and then making the hurry up shot at the scoop while the store is open. You get more blood than ever with the last update so the store opens far more often now, getting an extra ball is quite common.
You might be missing the timing of when to shoot the scoop to enter the store

#16236 5 months ago

Any plans on making it easier/more frequent getting into the blood store? I figured out the process but it’s still way too rare imo m4tt

#16253 5 months ago

This “could” be a very long winded post but I’ll keep it short and sweet. Thank You so much Spooky team for your hard work and dedication to this Dream theme of mine. I am a proud owner that will never sell ole number 420. Y’all made the Halloween franchise proud and I’m proud of all you for overcoming obstacles and exceeding my expectations. Take a bow, well done!!

m4tt SpookyLuke SpookyBug

#16303 5 months ago

#420. No issues

#16317 5 months ago

cite="#7861693">That’s why he has no issues

#16318 5 months ago

Halloween makes me “play better pinball.” The shots are different and tough but that’s what keeps me coming back. It a tough shooter for sure but I like that personally.

1 month later
#16442 4 months ago

Sitting here admiring how well they did on the art package. She’s a beaut.

IMG_0168 (resized).jpegIMG_0168 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#16613 76 days ago

Same here

Quoted from GreenMachine19:

It’s the game I play the most in my collection. And I have MM and AFM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SLRage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=SLRage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.