IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

575 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Rdoyle1978. You are on page 1 of 3.
#37 2 years ago

I’m kind of surprised to see that unprotected flasher just hanging like that. Obviously it’s going to be decimated by balls over time. Kind of weird that they had the Monster Bash flasher to base a design off of, but just left it like that. I’m sure they will address it.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Angell1028:

Anyone know around what number they are on? I'm 953 lol

I think I’m 1075 or something, so at least you’re ahead of me!

3 weeks later
#237 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Same here. Then I realized I already own 4K version. Haha. I wonder if it looks better than the previous 4K cut. Either way love the packaging and extras

It’s different. This release was another start-from-scratch full 4K scan. (The previous one was for the 2K Blu-ray release) Dean Cundey (director of photography, who is the person in charge of framing and lighting the shots, and accurately capturing details, colors, etc) Reviewed and approved this scan and color timing. It’s a more well-rounded version than the 2018 job, which looks basically identical to the previous Bluray, which went a little overboard on the blues and reds are almost nonexistent. The 2018 release is supposedly more accurate to the theatrical colors (how anybody not involved in the production would even know this I have no idea) but regardless it doesn’t translate well to home theater, and this new scan is waaaaaay better.

Even Halloween 2 & 3 got recent 4K scans and those releases look great too. Picked those up at Best Buy of all places.

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

No thank you, this layout will work just fine for Ultraman!
Signed, an actual Ultraman fan.

Oh man, if someone could figure out how to edit the assets, or even BETTER if Spooky could get permission from the license holders and Ronald Jenkees to use his version of the Halloween theme as an alternate music pick...holy crap. It definitely wouldn't be for everyone, as it's more or less an EDM version of the theme, but man that would be so friggin' sweet as a game over or attract mode theme...
http://www.ronaldjenkees.com/2007/10/26/halloween-theme-remix-2007/

That one's not for me - but I wouldn't mind integrating John Carpenter's 2018 re-recording/reimagining of the theme with his current band! The Reznor/Atticus version isn't bad either

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

It's bombing on rottentomatoes right now, critics are below 50%. But what do they know, they gave Boondock Saints 28%! That is laughable. Waiting for the weekend reviews to come in.

I'm sure it's not as good as Halloween 2018, but almost EVERY horror movie gets bombed to hell by the critics. What I'm hearing in interviews and reading between the lines is kind of like "we have enough story for 2 1/2 movies" and HK got the short end of the stick. Halloween Ends should still be awesome. Main complaints are that they let Laurie stay kind of in the hospital to recover and has no scenes with Michael, but the town goes crazy Nightmare on Elm Street style. Still sounds interesting to me

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I think people jumped without knowing much about the game. Folks wanted to make sure they got in on one and figured they could just sell the spot if they decided they wanted other games more. I wonder if this was the case with other games as well.

this happens with EVERY. SINGLE.GAME. There's 17 for sale, probably 17 different reasons for selling.

1 week later
#607 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:It's too bad as that would be fun to play with, I doubt that anyone would keep the swapped code on for any appreciable amount of time though. I had my Stern Shrek and installed the Family Guy code. Everything played as expected and I played it for awhile but I actually preferred the Shrek.

Just because Spooky doesn’t “support” it doesn’t mean it’s not possible - although it may be a huge pain to swap

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Earlier versions of the firmware/software supported swapping code. However, I'm afraid that on all shipped games, a code swap won't work. It'll lock the computer up, and it will have to be reflashed.

ooooh let's not have people brick their games. I suppose this does not fall into "right to repair"

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:Wow this Bowen thing is so overblown. We've already seen 2 huge code updates by Spooky - apparently giving a lot of people here what they asked for. More clips, call outs etc... the code is coming along nicely and there's still so much to come.
Come on dudes, give them a break and see what they can cone up with! Passion speaks volumes - I think the finished product will be amazing when you know they will pour so much love and hard work into this thing. It's just really unfair to pre-judge the rules/code when there is much more to be implemented.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3cce70125a89855fb123429e026ee04272cdaf1a-1635855924-1800"};
//]]>

Absolutely agree. I’m bummed Bowen isn’t a part of Spooky any longer, but that’s none of our business. I don’t believe for a second that anybody bought this game specifically and *only* because he was involved. Sure, R&M is great, but the overarching thing to consider is it’s the same company putting this game out.

I do hope that Spooky doesn’t just take every suggestion and throw them in. Some random person on a website throwing out rule ideas does not necessary translate to a better game. These guys have been planning things for months. Even early buyers have only had a couple weeks (in between their day jobs) to play. Let’s see how it settles

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Like most things, I see both sides of this coin, and I don't think we know enough to judge either one...
Bowen is a great player, but do any of us know how good he is at writing rules? I honestly don't know where Bowen ended and Eric began with R&M rules. I think Bowen was always "contributor" to rules, not the sole/primary rules guy, but I could be wrong. To me his involvement would definitely help HWN/UM as tournament games, but I honestly don't know if he himself is responsible for making fun rules the way we think of Lyman, Elwin, etc.
That said, to suggest that HWN/UM will turn out amazing because Spooky will pour their heart into it doesn't make sense either. Sure they're passionate, but are the current rules guys any good at it? For better or worse, we don't know. If you hired me as your art director, I could try harder than anyone in the world, and operate every moment with passion out the ass, but it doesn't mean I could will the game into looking better than a kindergartener. That's not where my talents are, and we don't know yet whether Spooky's talents are in the rules dept. now either.
To suggest that this game has to be good because it's the same company that made R&M is like saying Munsters and <insert Elwin game> have to both be amazing because Stern made them both. Same company, different employees, different skills, different results.
Are concern and questions appropriate? Yes
Do I wish Bowen were still involved? Yes
Are people over-reacting by dumping their games upon the Bowen news? Absolutely
As much as everything with Spooky code feels like amateur hour at the moment (bricking machines, video-clip-gate, "Bowen consulting on rules" but not really, etc.) you need to settle in for the long haul on any Spooky game before you know where you'll land. There's enough red flags with the personnel on this one to suggest it's more likely to end up like RZ than R&M, but I'm not pushing the panic button yet, and nobody else should be either. Guarded optimism or hopeful concern would make sense, but we all know Pinside doesn't operate like that. So I guess that means the sky is falling.

Hahah it is indeed!

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

For what it's worth that phenomena isn't limited to pinball. Back in the day there was a video game forum where actual developers posted and over time the same thing happened. People hated on them, hated on their games, hated on their pricing, hated on their policies, just endless hate. Result was the inevitable, the developers simply stopped posting and fled the forum. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the same thing happened here because why bother posting with info and insights when you'll just be hated on. Plus at some point it can actually become an employment issue if a thread/post you are involved in spirals negatively out of control against the company you work for.

Also happened here .. note there is almost no (obvious) Stern or JJP presence any more

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Special K’s pod was ludicrous today. Calling Spooky out for planning to take a year on the code, when he’s bought Stern that took 2 or 3 years to finish. Makes no sense.

Like every episode of that mess

#934 2 years ago

I did not realize that Bug is Charlie kid, interesting. Something tells me that means he's going to give a lot more to the game(s) than another employee -

I have to say it's pretty impressive, the poise Luke has with responding to posts on here, some of which are pretty nasty.

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

And to think, many of these nasty comments are coming from grown, experienced adults (40s, 50s, 60s). Bug, Luke, Morgan…all in their 20s…and acting way beyond their years in how they not only handle the ugly side of
pinside, but also how they make Spooky run.

Exactly. I am constantly shocked by the pettiness and entitlement on this forum. I guess I shouldn't be! These startups (is Spooky even a startup any more?) need to be supported!

#946 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Yes, I thought that too. I’ve been on the Jaws ride in Florida and that’s as far as I’m going with that

Sadly, that ride is now gone

#1067 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Maybe Velcro the ramp down lol
Can see why it’s like that but it’s a bad design, never seen a ramp attached like that with countersink screws that are not flush.

That ramp really should have countersunk holes.

edit: my mistake - I thought the ramp was plastic, not metal. You'll actually need to use a countersink bit to fix. Yikes.

#1072 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yikes, yeah, same thing two months ago.
As an early adopter, I expect normal tweaking and dealing with some issues. I’ll fix this and move on, no big deal. But going forward, this is a problem to address.

They probably had a batch already machined that they have to use; but it's not a huge additional step to add the countersinking

#1095 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Already changed the ramp design! Just got the new one done this week. Email service and we will get you a new one!
It was a flat out bad design on my end. Rookie mistake. Guys I can't over state how easy it is to just get ahold of us and we will help you. No need to get upset. 9/10 times we can get anything sorted right away.

You designed the ramps too? Geez Luke! Way to jump on things, wow

#1139 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Or he’ll be bummed it wasn’t him, every podcast he begs manufacturer’s to hire him.

Not even Deeproot would be that stupid. What a maroon

#1189 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

#108 is the highest I have heard of so far.
List is current-
https://tinyurl.com/Halloween-tracking

I'm 1050

#1201 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Congrats!
Butter cab?

So remind me: what is the butter cab again?

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Clearcoated direct print cabinet. $1000 add-on.

That's right. I guess I need to see it in person to "get it". That sure is a lot of money

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Lighting is different, but the blacks are similar and a higher view…
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow, your cat looks JUST like the dude in Nightmare Before Christmas!

#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I moved Halloween over by its brother
[quoted image]

I have a serious problem with this…

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Haha which is what?

That you have BOTH Halloween AND Ultraman, and I had to pick only one, which is not ready from the factory. Serious problem!!

#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Well to be fair, I won UM in a raffle with an early spot. And then I traded my late HWN spot for an early HWN spot. So no favoritism goin on over here
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"4283dcfe940b41a57ce5de757debc11f7891c22b-1636661759-1800"};
//]]>

The only problem is choosing which one to play [quoted image]

Not what I was implying, it’s problem enough you have to choose which one to play!

#1390 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

That killer/victim multiplayer idea sounds like a coding nightmare but would be incredible if pulled off. I’ve always thought a vs. multiplayer scenario where you’re legit playing against each other where your shots negate the other player’s progress would be great.

It’s a game mechanic seen more recently in stuff like Dead by Dawn (which also has Michael), a whole bunch of Roblox games, even some adult board games. Great idea

#1441 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You mean Dead by Daylight?

Yes! my mistake

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

LED strip talk reminds me....one of the few things I was leery of before playing it was the LED strips. In pics/video they looked like they would be kind of obnoxious and in your face. I am pretty sensitive to that, and usually end up replacing any bulbs I can see with frosted as they annoy and hurt my eyes. Turns out, I had nothing to be worried about with these. The smoked "shield" over them works really well at toning them down just enough to not be annoying at all while still being super effective. While I will still admit something more diffused would be even better (and if someone comes up with a nice mod I may be interested), but these are awesome as-is. Much more than I was expecting them to be. I went in expecting to dislike them and maybe even disable them, but I was completely wrong. I believe there is a setting to dim them, but I haven't even felt the need to try that.

Glad you posted this - they are EXTREMELY prominent in several of the photos and videos, and I had similar concerns. I've taken note of at least 3 other owners/players who have reiterated the same thing: they photograph somewhat poorly, but in person it looks awesome.

2 weeks later
#1784 2 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-halloween-collectors-edition-21
Went from enjoying the game play to selling awfully quickly. Sorry to see you go John.

Yeah I don’t like seeing that. I really want to play one in the wild! Price does seem a bit high given the multiple issues

1 week later
#1956 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Soooo…what do we make of this FB post by the animator? Does he not currently work for Spooky orrrrr…?
[quoted image]

There is no way a guy who posts the insane stuff I've read and seen on his channel is employed by anyone full time. Good lord.

#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was just going to ask the same. Should we expect not only more animations but from others as well in Halloween?

Keep an eye on the books Spooky. We want you to know this out of the park but not at the expense of the company going down!

#2052 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:Yes. A lower level that has zero appeal to me.

Hold up, we got JimWest in here?!

#2055 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Typo alert![quoted image]

I’m not seeing it?

Edit… aah - “serias”. Spellcheck is tough for writing code. Not sure if Bug has established a dedicated variables file, makes checking strings a lot easier

#2078 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:I am taking my time with this game and plan on providing some detailed thoughts but to summarize, this is the scariest pinball machine ever made. Turn the lights off, and let that sound just take you away. Just look at the size of the sub that comes stock with this game. No need for external sub imo and I use them for all my games.
To get what this game is going for, you NEED to love Halloween. If you think the music is monotone and annoying, this is def not the game for you.
and it's so refreshing to have a game that plays different. It feels great too - flippers are so nice and snappy but doesn't feel like stern either. Hard to explain but it just feels very good to play. And it's gorgeous. More to come.
[quoted image]

This review gave me pause. It is concerning to hear that you NEED to love the theme in order to enjoy the game. Even Iron Maiden didn't require that. I look forward to playing one

#2111 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I have not seen Halloween yet and not a fan. But played it and really enjoyed it. Wife and kids love Halloween and waiting for CE#481. Different from most pins I have played. Can’t wait to get it and watch the movie lol.

I’m sorry, you haven’t SEEN the movie!! Stop what you’re doing right now, it’s an all-time masterpiece.

2 months later
#4174 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Most recent episode. From Wednesday I believe

It's the "RUSH" episode. I don't listen to this podcast often, but this particular review came off as pretty ignorant.

#4178 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

When they were talking aboot how good Rush was? Seemed ill informed to me as well

To be clear, I meant specifically the Halloween segment lol

#4251 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Just a thought, can the update process be updated so it isn’t looking for such a particular file name? Then Spooky could upload update files named h78-yy-mm-DD and the updater program can simply use which ever is the newest file on the stick. That way people aren’t mixing up old updates or getting the “(1)”

The flip side of this is that a lot of people don’t delete the old versions and it can be very hard in code to definitively tell what’s the “latest” file on a USB drive. And do you even WANT the latest to install automatically? What if you are trying to downgrade?

Doing it like this prevents people from accidentally bricking their machine, sort of making it harder to update on purpose.

I will say that overwhelmingly the over-the-air update model is vastly superior - Multimorphic introduced this last year, as did JJP (maybe stern too?). If Spooky knew they would be doing such frequent updates I’m sure they would have (or did?) considered adding this capability, but it’s a lot to take on. They ramped up considerably just to get the games out.

#4360 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That’s why you’d name the code with a time stamp. Then it’s just browsing the directory and looking for the biggest date when listing the files.
Also makes it easier to downgrade by knowing which updates are which instead of all of them being named the same.

Quoted from mrclean:

I posted this over half a year ago... It was a guesstimate as to when the first roughly 500 games would ship...
"So if that’s the case I’d say if you are under number 90-100 you’ll likely get this physically delivered prior to “Halloween”. With adding approximately a 1-2 week +/- some weeks slowing down (shortage of parts, corrections etc) some increasing etc these would be my guess for delivery for the following roughly first 500ish" I'm in the upper 300's and don't have my game yet, but it looks like sometime in April according to my own chart
#120-140 11/01-11/15 2021
#141-159 11/16-11/28 2021
#160-179 12/01-12/14 2021
#180-199 12/15-12/31 2021
#200-225 01/01-01/15 2022
#226-240 01/16-01/31 2022
#241-270 02/01-02/15 2022
#271-300 02/16-02/28 2022
#301-340 03/01-03/15 2022
#341-365 03/16-03/31 2022
#366-390 04/01-04/15 2022
#391-425 04/16-04/30 2022
#426-449 05/01-05/15 2022
#450-480 05/16-05/31 2022
#481-515 06/01-06/15 2022

Wow, I'm number 1000-something, and it looks like I'd be getting mine around december/jan next year. not bad

#4474 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

This is just an observation but I have noticed that the Halloween spots are no long selling for a discount while the Ultraman ones are. I find that kind of interesting for some reason. The only difference is theme.

Ultraman owners feel it's a little behind on the code, and the theme is a little more obscure, so it may not move as quickly. They'll get it up to speed

#4483 2 years ago
Quoted from DannyGraver:

Pinball Brother’s were nice enough to give me a voucher for ALIEN. What they forgot to mention was, if you have a coupon, you’re in the back of the line. I was on the waitlist day one. If I would have known that, I would have paid full price to be on the first container. Fool me once….Fool me twice. Spooky won’t make you wait 5 years.

Hear hear

#4545 2 years ago

Got to put in a lot of games on Halloween- really like the way the shots feel on this unique layout. Took me a bit to figure out how to get things going but there’s really a lot to do.

As with all shows, the power was an issue and the flippers really felt soggy/laggy. That’s my only complaint. Not an issue at home obviously.

And I played Ultraman to compare. WOW is that game awesome! No idea why people are complaining about it.

I didn’t get a chance to meet Luke or Bug and tell them what a great job they’re doing. Maybe Sunday.

Also I wanted to ask them about who programmed the big LED sign they had

#4551 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

That T-Shirt is FILLED with douche.

They couldn't flip it for a 3k Profit. See the D-Bag above.

LOL. Can confirm there’s no actual real world reason to avoid it. I toyed with the idea of getting one as well as Halloween but only have 5 slots right now

#4560 2 years ago

I'm January, but I'm a 1000 number - wish it was earlier, but I'm also ok with having a little more mature code

#4626 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys! Apologies for my absence I took a little break during TPF! Its possible your emails are going to spam or something odd. That happens alot. I will be catching up on here and emails.

Sorry I missed you at TPF, Luke - every time I went by the Spooky booth you weren't there. Met a couple other nice folks though. Glad you could make it! Got a lot done on Halloween and Ultraman both! haha

1 week later
#4841 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This is big news. Can’t wait to see what the new animation company brings. I DO hope that Spooky keeps the majority of the work that nightmutilator did on the game because outside of a few small things I liked most of what he did. The animations were simple but the illustrations are good and the color palette and atmosphere is great.

I don’t know anything about modern animating, but to hear that 500 hours were put in is very surprising.

Maybe it takes thousands of hours to do more complex animations nowadays, but back when I was doing Flash animating, what I’ve seen on the game would have taken me maybe 2 days. I’m not trashing the guy, I thought his art was good, and the general atmosphere - but 500 hours? Maybe the licensor (is it JC or the Akkads?) was super specific about what they would approve and constant revisions were required.

#4846 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I was told this IS/WAS the case and that other animators were considered and presented but not approved.

That seems crazy. I’m really curious what the other art would have looked like

#4945 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

It’s the Warlock from Cemetary Gates.
[quoted image]

This took me quite a while to translate. Halloween II. nice!

#5025 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have them sitting next to each other in my basement. I like both themes. Halloween (the movie) is awesome, and I love horror. I watched Ultraman some as a kid, and I love the rubber suit monster thing too. I also want Godzilla Premium.
For perspective, if each theme was done in the best conceivable way, I would almost certainly prefer Halloween. As it stands with these 2 games, I like almost everything about UM better than HWN. On so many levels, I feel the execution is better on UM.
I know everyone here is going to disagree with me, but HWN the movie is scary and stressful in a way that the game just doesn't convey. I'm not saying the mood in the game is bad, it just doesn't come close to capturing the essence of a scary movie for me. It's more "a game about a scary movie" than a game that is "scary" in it's own right. Horror needs to convey stress and anxiety. I don't feel that come across in the game, and that translates into a significant distinction to me.
UM on the other hand, while it has its share of flaws as well, I find much more enjoyable. I think the modes, even when they are the same rules, are better executed than HWN. Regarding teh mode that's different, Dada is WAY better than Stalker. While I don't like the current console interface, I hear that is changing, and the full screen UM videos are better than the footage or the animations in HWN.
I love both of the iconic Halloween movie themes, so HWN has that going for it. And the Fear the Reaper multiball is better than the UM counterpart.
I'm holding both games until the code is mature / complete, but I'm about 90% confident if I keep one of them, it will be UM, and that's even with a Godzilla Prem in the house as well.
YMMV

Interesting point about HWN and the "scary pin" idea. What games do you feel accurately set this sense of scariness?

#5030 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wish i was 11 again and could get scared playing a pinball machine.
Ahhh...stronger weed; got it

LOL

#5038 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Oh, I did tell Gerry that they should do a horror themed game. With their playfield screen, they could literally bake jump-scares into the gameplay at various points, which could be cool. Since they're all engineers over there, and have made some really cool and intricate mechs, I thought SAW would be a great theme for them. Make a bunch of "mousetrap-like" mechs as traps that you have to escape from. A heavy hurry-up slant with timers like in the movies, etc. I'd buy it.
Anyway, I digress...

I’ve also recommended this to him (a horror theme) LOL - maybe they will want to do a left turn after Al! Of course, I’m thinking The Thing would be the ultimate - let’s call it “survival” game…

#5126 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

So basically I was referring to the kit which also includes the speakers for $849.95. (pinsound, shaker motor, speakers, etc.)
Is there a set of better quality speakers/sub for a lower price available somewhere? If so let me know.
The Dracula pinsound upgrade is Amazing! (Youtube it if interested).
“Seems like a lot of money to put into Dracula”
There is a “cult following” on Pinside for the Dracula pinball machine for a reason.
Don't sleep on it. [quoted image]

I wouldnt buy the speakers. Shaker is up to you, but its overpriced - however its the only way to get granular control over a shaker - I'd verify the pinsound shaker config for BSD is any good - the sound mix is OUTSTANDING, but I dont know about the shaker. If it sucks, youve wasted your money unless you want to program it yourself (which you CAN do). Pinball Pro makes a pinsound-compatble kit which is just as simple to install.

#5151 2 years ago
Quoted from PedestrianWolf82:

How are there so many issues with these machines?
I was reading that alot of their staff from the past has quit, An now alot of the Halloween and Ultra's are arriving sometimes DOA, Or with serious defects.
How can a company justify their price tag for such poorly built machine's?
Honestly I have been pining for Halloween, As Carpenter is one of my favorites, But with the laundry list of things that are wrong with these, brand new pins, Just seems like throwing money away.

Huh? I've been following this thread for months, and have seen some, but overall very few issues. Where are these DOA machines?

#5156 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Where was this printed?

I believe he’s misinterpreting the change of the creative team from Rick & Morty - most games have different people doing design, rules and code from the previous game.

#5329 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Has anybody reached out to Spooky yet? I know they haven't made a public statement or fix yet, but if I was a customer with this issue I'd definitely be asking how they are going to be addressing the issue for my game at least.

Which issue?

#5361 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Yeah respectfully..... don't do this. These are going for around full price or just under. I get it with Ultraman based on what they are selling for but not Halloween. No reason to lose 2 grand.

Pretty unlikely he even has a spot, it's pretty stupid to lose $2k when there are still buyers out there who would take it over in full.

#5373 2 years ago

If so, here is the write up:
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/EVS-1512/grecian-gold-vein#collapse4464
It clearly states that it should be hit with a clear powder for best protection. Spooky is spraying them with clear coat which isn’t the same. The manufacturer recommends PSS-2974 for a top coat. It is an automotive grade clear powder. Put that on the armor and I think the problem is fixed.
[quoted image]

Yikes. That's kind of a big deal - not something we can do at home. Hopefully Spooky can figure out how to add this to the process, it would really be a shame to wreck that beautiful powder coat.

#5376 2 years ago

Email Joe - tell him your number, get Mad Dog's email and phone #, Joe emails him and confirms, boom, you're off the hook. Joe doesn't need the cash until the game ships.

#5404 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I'd pay less attention to the opinions of others and go with your own impressions. If you can get on one locally, go flip it a bit and find your answer.

Pretty good general advice for life.

#5405 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:Much respect to Spooky that you address negative forum posts

I’ve got to second this. AP is the only other manufacturer we see on here any more, and they are just as helpful as Spooky. It does take some tough leather skin to come on here and address the comments made here, but Luke is doing a WAAAAY better job than I would. Can’t wait to get my machine in 2023 LOL

#5412 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I have been one of the recent people kind of concerned about the quality control quality assurance about the pins and I do believe they are valid concerns. I will say I have played the PIN and it's going to be an amazing pin when all is said and done. It's good to have after the fact service but if the qc/qa was tightened up before the sale we wouldn't need as much service after the fact.
I'm 920 and can't wait.

I'm right after you in the 1000s, i played both Halloween and UM extensively at the Texas Pinball festival - it's going to be hard to wait! Both games were awesome, despite having similar layouts. The rules are fairly similar too, but they didn't feel identical because in UM you are in "fighting" modes aginst other monsters, and Halloween has more achievement based shots.

#5455 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Set up #410 yesterday and I'm gonna have to eat some crow regarding my initial worries about NIB issues.
Played a solid 20 games or so and everything worked perfectly. All the upper PF's work great... no hangups... no weird flipper stuff... no crashes... the topper works... came with knife shooter and a fully lit Hedge Multiball insert... lifters work great... both ramps are easy to hit... Michael figures work great... all I had to do was level, add balls and play.
Liking the variety of the modes (they make you shoot all over the playfield) and interesting ball paths. Lighting, ambience, and a lot of the sound is top notch. Game looks/feels sturdy and very well built. Looks great in person, really nice detailing on the upper playfields.
Audio levels still need some love for sure, Fear the Reaper came on and I could barely hear it... some audio clips get cut off mid-word... but confident that'll all get polished once the content is all in place.
Looking forward to future updates, and again just wanted to share a positive unboxing experience and say cheers to Spooky on sending me a fun and solid playing game.
Lastly, the fine folks at Buffalo Pinball will be streaming this at my place on the Bro Show™ tomorrow at 8pm btw if you'd like to see it in action btw!
[quoted image]

Great post! Would love to see more of these

2 weeks later
#5865 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Both the Halloween's at Allentown sold pretty quickly, but when we left Saturday afternoon the Ultramans were not; did they ever get sold?

I hope so, that game is awesome. Doesn’t quite have the theme recognition as HWN but man is it fun.

#5866 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

My wife isn’t into pinball much. She definitely is loving Halloween. I was surprised how much she was enjoying it last night. We shut off all the lights and played a few games. What a light show. I feel embarrassed to say I was listening to other people and their criticism before playing it myself. If this isn’t a perfect example for me to not listen to others then Heck slap me again.

Glad to hear it! Those of us who had played it knew the truth. Don’t listen to the whiners

#5939 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I love that I literally watched a stream of these guys playing Halloween, visibly enjoying it and having some genuine positive reactions. Then they sit down in front of a mic and trash it and admit neither of them HAVE EVER SEEN THE F’n MOVIE. Nah. “ohhh I only LOOKED like I was having fun because I had too many beers”. So dumb.

I was pretty disappointed in this as well, because
1) I have played the game quite a bit and a lot of the "criticisms" were either half-baked, or flat not true, plus - yeah they were clearly enjoying themselves
2) I really respect Kevin Manne who is a big part of "Bro..." (he was not on this stream), and Kevin is SUPER open about trying new games, and is a big Multimorphic supporter - so I was totally unprepared for the nonsense.
3) They HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE?!?!?

#5956 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Kevin was on both the Halloween play show and the talk show. He and Nick are the main Bros. Kevin gives the game more praise than Nick does.

Well, I’ll be… lol!

#6120 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballmike150:

I agree with you that Halloween should be ranked higher.
Unfortunately, you are always going to have some pinsiders who like to rate the game a 5 to bring it down in the ratings, https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/halloween-collectors-edition/ratings?filter_sort=date-desc&filter_show=all&filter_owners=none&filter_bogus=0&filter_query=#ratingcomments. Conveniently, they leave no explanation for their poor review.

Same thing happened with Multimorphic’s Heist game - that is a great game with classic rules. It hit the Top 100 at #2 I think, and the following week there were a ton of low-rating cowardly reviews by people who clearly had never played the game.

#6213 1 year ago

Roughly what number is shipping now? I'm not planning on going butter so I understand those are moving a bit faster

#6231 1 year ago
Quoted from Royflipper:

I contacted spooky today if they want to sign my halloween.
received a nice email back from AJ within no time that this was no problem at all and they would arrange this.
can't wait for it to arrive!

I am still waaaaaay out but I hope the team can sign mine as well; not often in life you can ask for a favor like this

1 week later
#6426 1 year ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

Since both of them are appearing at our local ComicCon this weekend I had Nick Castle and William Shatner sign #345, Nick on the back glass and Bill on the insert card.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s out of control! How did Shatner react to signing the card? I guess it’s probably not his first time signing Halloween stuff

#6446 1 year ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

Gotta admit I wasn’t totally sure how he’d be with it but I was assured by his assistant it would be fine and it was. He just smiled at it and signed it. He was far more curious about my shirt, I was wearing one of my crew t-shirts from a shark dive, and if it had significance to being an actual shark diver or not. When I explained that it was and I’d done several dives with white sharks he was quite interested and explained he recently dove with tigers and chatted with me briefly. All in all a very pleasant encounter with him. Nick of course was his usual wonderful self and was very excited about signing the back glass.

Fascinating! Most celebrities aren’t into the whole hero worship thing and they’d rather talk about other stuff. I think Shatner had to mature into that mindset, LOL - but he really seems to be a genuinely nice person these days. Plus, he’s frickin 90!!

#6474 1 year ago

Anybody know where they are with non-butter? The numbers seem all over the place.

#6487 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Like many others, my shield had broken in two spots due to repeated ball strikes.
IMO, this shield is too thin (only 1/16” thick) and not up to the rigors of use inside a pinball machine. I also did not like the way the thing vibrated / shivered all the time when being struck by balls, when the shaker motor kicked in, etc. It just appeared "cheap" to me. So when my shield inevitably broke, I knew I could come up with something better.
Using the OEM shield as a template, I changed the design up a bit making sure to beef up the arms and mounting points. Using my trusty sabre saw, I cut out my new shield from 3/16” thick polycarbonate. I then used progressive grits of sandpaper to get the edges cleaned and polished.
Because I was using a much thicker piece of plastic, I had to replace the posts on the main playfield because the threaded studs at the top were now too short. So I replaced the original posts using 1.25” hex standoffs, internally threaded for #6-32 screws. In order to attach the new posts to the playfield, I used what are called “hanger bolts.” These are about an inch long and threaded on one end with #6-32 threads and wood threads on the other.
With the new posts installed, it was now a simple matter of using screws to attach the new shield. Under the sanitarium playfield, I used socket cap screws, allowing me to use an allen wrench to snug them down. On the left side of the shield, I just used a couple of plain #6-32 screws.
Although this was quite a bit of work, the end result is a thousand times better. The shield no longer vibrates at all and is solid as a rock. I don’t think I ever have to worry about this component ever failing again.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, now I know what I need to do with my laser cutter. Once my game finally comes!

#6491 1 year ago

Pretty good ideas ! Still seems I’m a couple months away from getting my machine but these are definitely things to work on

#6493 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

BIG ball 1 today…Got all super jackpots for ‘House’ ‘Sanitarium’ and ‘hedge’ locked all six ball for 7 ball ‘Boogeyman’ fever then proceeded to film modes and got ‘Jack o Lantern’ all on ball one (but tilted and lost my bonus) Too bad I biffed the jackpot opportunities in the two wiz and sub wiz or this score could have been over 100mil on B1. On ball 2 and 3 I completed every mode except for ‘Stalker’ final score didn’t beat my GC but landed around 120mil. So addictive!!!
[quoted image]

Wow!

Usually when I have that good a Ball 1, the other 2 go SDTM

#6594 1 year ago

Not sure I understand the need to dump on another game to “prove” how another one is great. Still waiting for my Halloween. Tough at the end of production

#6603 1 year ago
Quoted from Stevelondon:

They are in the 700s but they’ve only shipped about 600 so they are only half way through. They are making about 60 a month at the moment. A way to go yet.

Do the BSEs get built after the CEs or are those going out simultaneously?

#6607 1 year ago

WOW, so there were 600+ CEs?

#6609 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Taken from the UM thread, but apparently the numbers are a rough estimate.[quoted image]

Oh wow, way more CEs than I thought. only 175 BSEs! Crazy

#6613 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Yeah, and their proposed 18 month time line to be done all games is Jan next year. Not sure Spooky will make it. And my number is the back of the line.

Mine too; I’ve got 2 games on the way and they are taking a Loooooooong time. I knew it would be a long wait but this would be my first time waiting almost a year

#6619 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They clearly stated 18 months. We arent even a year in, why post when you KNEW it would be over a year. I just dont understand some people and the need to stir shit.

I just don’t understand people who post on the internet. Show me the forum rule or more that states I can’t post that I am impatient because I’ve played the game and know how good it is. Explain, your highness, why this is “stirring shit”. I just don’t understand some people..

#6623 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You clearly stated you knew it was gonna be a long wait and then act surprised by it. Did you not read your own post?
Let me remind you.
"I knew it would be a long wait but this would be my first time waiting almost a year"
Focus on the first two words.Combine that with Spookys stated production of 18 months. So yes, that is classified as stirring the pot, or being woefully ignorant. I'll leave it up to you to decide which side you fall on.

LOL

#6635 1 year ago

Man these awesome updates are making it even harder to wait ! I keep thinking I might snag an Ultraman for sale since that is a killer theme too!

#6647 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I would think it's normal not to hear anything until it is being built. I didn't go thru a distro but I imagine they get contacted roughly the same time as a direct buyer would.

I find it a much much better shooting game than Alien.

Agreed on both counts. Distros typically don’t reach out until yours is (close to) being built or shipped.

Yes shoots WAY better than Alien, IMO. I’ve only played the PB Alien

#6773 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Is something going on with production or the butter cabs? I got my email about butter option and going into production at the end of April, it's getting into late June and heard nothing. Emailed couple weeks ago and was told theres a wait on butter cabs. Does it normally take much longer for having chosen this option?

For some reason the butter decals are taking a really long time. Spooky is building non-butter cabs much more quickly. Supply chain, I guess

#6776 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

My guess is that they do them in batches, so you're waiting for enough people to choose butter to justify making a batch.

That makes a bunch more sense

#6792 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Actually, since Michael busted out of Smith’s Grove in late October, 1978, he could have been driving a ‘79 LTD. New model year usually comes out in Sept or so the prior year, right? So, assuming the official use vehicle was brand new (nothing but the best for Michael), it could be a ‘79.

It’s definitely a ‘78. The movie was shot in May 1978, and new cars don’t typically hit the lots until fall. Plus, when the latest Halloween came out they found the car and did an extensive restoration on it. Edit - I see someone posted a video about!

2 weeks later
#6991 1 year ago

The new stuff is likely tied to the next game, so not dropping it till the game is announced. August is what I was told when I asked.

Geez, I’d really like it if they could ramp up production on HWN and get those out sooner! Different teams I guess.

#7000 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hmm i havent gotten anything and Im 920

[some] Distro orders are lagging slightly behind

#7097 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Sounds like the shipping prep is lacking. Tilt bobs should be wrapped and in a secured coin box. I've read multiple posts about loose coin boxes boucing around causing problems. That's just rediculous.

Stern is having issues with this as well. Presumably lots of staff hired quickly, missing some of the finer points...

#7131 1 year ago

Really really enjoying these code updates. I'm still waiting for my HWN (end of year maybe?) but I check out the streams as much as possible. The playfield design seems to hold up (I always thought it was fun when playing at shows) and the code just keeps getting better with both games.

For those familiar with both games ... I'm unsure how to phrase this - (and i am absolutely not saying anything negative about the design or art or anything): am I the only one who thinks the Ultraman visuals are SOOOOOOO far beyond Halloween's? Again, I'm not trashing anything about Halloween; the whole package is still awesome, but to me Ultraman looks so much more advanced. Has the stuff on Halloween improved over time; do we feel it's going to end up being on a similar level?

#7134 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If you’re talking about the animations, the original animator has been replaced and a new company has been hired. Spooky gave love to UM first, but rest assured, Halloween will get the same love. I’m really excited to see the new animations they implement!

Aha! OK I love that. Can't wait to see the new stuff. I have to imagine that Ultraman has waaaaaaaay more in terms of assets to use, plus Halloween has the Akkad family plus JC who have to sign off, which I'm sure is a pain.

Has any of the new animation been added to Halloween yet?

#7190 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:Yes that is what Team Spooky have said, new animations etc. but UM was getting the treatment first. We have just seen on their 1.08 video that UM has seen some rework and there was mention in that video about HW being next. The other thing that has been said a few times now is that there 'is alot more to come', I hope so, I do love where they have taken us so far.
I do hope that someone creates an open source pin at some point, something that the community can evolve together. That won't be a licensed theme of course but there are a ton of ideas. That would be a whole new thread. I'd buy into it though.

Glad to hear this - Halloween really deserves to be up at the Ultraman level in terms of those visuals. Especially on location!

Multimorphic has the closed thing to an “open source” pin we are probably ever going to see. Yo can develop your own game on the platform , and there are already 4 or 5 3rd party games out there. This could easily be shared with the community and made with collaboration.

#7262 1 year ago

This makes no sense. Everyone has the same code, yet there is this single report of an issue. Most likely it is a mechanical/opto issue specific to this one game. It sucks, it happens.

#7272 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

As mentioned previously, this is not a stuck ball issue; it's definitely code related. With all seven balls in the trough and all trough switches checking good, the machine would simply not start a game; It would do a ball search instead.
Last night, while doing more research on the web, I left the machine powered on. After an hour or so of not really finding anything, I went over to shut my machines off for the night and I thought I would give Halloween one more try. Surprisingly, pressing the Start button caused a game to begin.
Now, I have to ask WTF. How did the machine magically find the missing ball and allow a game to start?

You know, both my EHOH and my Godzilla do this too. On occasion, (including yesterday, which is what made me think of it), I have to empty the trough and let the balls reload. No clue why, and I dont' remember ever having to do this on other games.

#7343 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

That was likely me. I had an issue with the original servos and what was termed "Michael creep". What is happening is these servos are receiving micro-pulses of electricity, causing them to slowly creep outwards from behind the bushes. Is was so bad on my machine, that the Michaels were eventually being driven into the bushes where they would stay until I reset them. I eventually had one servo fail completely. That's why there is now code in the software that kicks in when you hit a blood target below a servo; you'll see the Michael servo above the target jump out a bit and then go back in again.
Based on my own research, I felt the OEM servos where pretty crappy. So I replaced all three servos with alternate versions (amazon.com link »). These new servos have similar specs to the originals but have metal gearing instead of the nylon gears found in the OEM servos. The new servos no longer jump out like the previous ones did.
As an aside, these servos are dark in color, not the blue of the original servos. So I took the extra time of enclosing the servo wiring in split loom to make them less noticeable. I definitely like the darker colors along the left side of the machine now.[quoted image]

Please pin this post. Plastic vs metal servos are a couple of bucks in price difference, and well worth the upgrade. I learned this when building my R2-D2, which has 50-something servos. You don’t want failures.

I’d love a specific model number of the servos themselves

#7348 1 year ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I know many of you have had your games for a long while... I just got mine and haven't been able to play much but thought maybe I'd remind you of the joy of experiencing the features for the first time. I don't know what I'm doing yet but stumbled across JoL multiball for the first time tonight, and when that arpeggiated Am started playing - WOW chills!! Simply an amazing feeling. Also saw something I liked. Love this freaking game.

Love this! I’ve played this game on location/ shows multiple times but still waiting for the home delivery

#7357 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

Glad to see another astromech builder here! Built mine years ago and he is in need of some updates but haven’t found the time yet.

Yep, same! Mine doesn't move currently; I've got to get a free weekend to get back to it.

#7358 1 year ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Okay I was hoping Spooky corrected the powdercoat issue but apparently not, huh? #706 inbound

They probably had a huge batch done all at once. You're better off just getting the 2K and covering it, because even if you get a replacement lockbar, it's not going to match the color of the rest of the game because they were done at different times.

#7366 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Definitely order some 2k clear coat. I ordered high gloss. Do not use any metal paint prep cleaner. It will take the gold off. Use Ajax dish soap and water. Don’t need much Ajax.
Get a respirator and do it in a well ventilated area. Also some latex gloves. One can will do multiple coats for side armor and lockdown bar.
Depending on temperature wait 4 minutes between each coat. Spray at about 8” away.
I usually do 4 passes on each coat. Wait 4 minutes and do it again.
Might as well use while can because once you activate it you only have 48 hours to use it.
Mine has held up now for a few months with no issue. Also used 2k on a stern Dracula playfield I restored. Sold it to my friend and still holding up fine.

How fast do you go across the lockbar when doing each pass? I don't want pooling but I also don't want to have an uneven coat. I've only used this stuff once and I dont' remember if it sprays the same as say, Rustoleum

1 week later
#7520 1 year ago

Another update! awesome. Where are we on the builds!?

#7583 1 year ago

That's the pg version. Spooky could easily make it a stand alone mode. I'm wondering if the don't have permission to use it. That one scene kinda launched Carpenter's career much like the girl swimming in Jaws launched Spielberg's career. Both horrifying and really made the viewer feel uncomfortable and vulnerable.

Huuuuuge stretch. Carpenter’s big break was Precinct 13. Halloween entered the radar because of the box office success - the $$$$!!!$!! was the “Hollywood” drool from the box office, not any particular scene. Perhaps you are thinking of Friday the 13th?

But your point about the PG version stands: there IS a non-nude version (can it be said this is “family friendly” where a little kid is stabbing his buds older sister?). The TV version includes a lot of footage which is censored/edited, but I believe most of it is owned by NBC.

#7698 1 year ago

For a standard? Aren't those supposed to be built after the BSEs? I have not gotten my email from PinballSTAR for my BSE.

#7715 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I haven't seen a BSE built yet. It would be nice to see a picture of one since we are so close now. I got my butter email a month ago, but haven't heard anything since. There's still a bunch of CE spots for sale, so not sure when last call is on those.

Wonder if they will wait to build BSEs until all CEs are sold out?

There’s at least one Standard floating around out there so not sure what’s going on.

#7765 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

With the additional programmers we added to handle future games I am setting up to keep HWUM going at current pace for another year! I will note that things could come up as they always can in pinball. It's always nerve racking to say this stuff publicly. However we are 100% looking good to leave Fawzma on the HWUM solely for another full year! Which makes us more happy then I can explain! Really want to see the code on these games develope and update for as long as we can. We want to continue the updates to really say thank you to all the people who were patient with us and had faith in us through this project. We have secured some really great members of the team to code our next few games. Some of them you guys already know and love!

I’m sorry, did anybody else catch this? Potential code updates for a YEAR?! Fawzma’s one lucky dude. So are we. Hopefully my game has arrived by then! I keed, I keed…

#7767 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Maybe more programmers on this specific title to speed it up a bit? Just an idea...

Oh my friend, have I got a book for you…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

#7779 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm currently programming a pin. Just sayin.

By yourself? If it’s just you, this is irrelevant. I don’t know your background- you may have a day job doing development. But it boils down to this: you can’t add someone to a project at/near the end and expect the same results and productivity as if you had added them at the start. I deal with business types all day long who think development is just plugging things together, and all developers are exactly identical. Then they go all crazy when things don’t work out perfectly, instead of agreeing to the plan set out by people who actually plan and do development for a living.

#7783 1 year ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Invoice PIF to Joe at Pinball Star. Thanks Joe. That’s it no more the wife said. Of course dear and a love yah was my response. Lol. Now I wait for the delivery of CE#926.

LOL hoping to have that exact conversation shortly here .. maybe another week or two!

#7785 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

If anyone wants to trade or purchase my Halloween CE-680 , PM. me, Has to be the worst game I have ever Owned, The constant waiting for the ball has worn on me, I have 0 desire to play this game, only so many hours in the day, why keep a game that isn’t fun!!!!

Why don’t you post an ad, instead of shitposting in the Owner’s thread, where most people already own the game.

#7792 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I suppose if somebody wanted to jump the line but then they would still have to unload the pre-order spot. Definitely tough to sell the game by telling people how terrible you think it is. “Buy my game it really sucks!” It’s like saying “Does this milk taste bad to you?”

Fair enough, this is in fact how I got in line for my BSE back in January or so - (literally yesterday got my decal email). How many people are still sitting on the fence at this point I wonder ?

#7794 1 year ago

Quick process question: I received and responded to my decals email (via distro). What happens next? Spooky now builds the game, and I pay ASAP? How long did shipping take for you all?

#7801 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I received my BSE butter email from my distro over a month ago, but nothing since. I checked in just the other day and was told an invoice would come when BSEs go on the line, but no new details on when that's expected to be. The large number of CE spots still available for sale makes me think they still haven't determined when they will change over production.

Quoted from Roostking:

Ive got my invoice for payment, with the distro thinking I was non butter and said I should expect to get pin next week. Then they realized I was butter so it will still be a bit, but we are getting close!

It seems like as more owners take possession of the game and get a feel for the lifts and ball return times, that "ask" has died down.

Quoted from Beechwood:

Spooky direct. Butter email 7/5, I paid invoice on 7/19 (my procrastination), Game was ready 7/26 but because I was on vacation I asked they delay the shipping until 8/1. Received 8/3.
Distros seem much less strait forward and streamlined than spooky direct from what I have read on this thread. Not bashing the distro process just seems different.

Appreciate everybody’s responses - seems like the process is different if ordering from spooky vs a distro. One thing Specifically mentioned in my email was basically that there’s no way to push the order since they are almost at the end of the run. It’s been almost a YEAR! I thought more like 7 months. Crazy.

#7805 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Saying that you can't add to a team (or individual) programming in a framework and be more productive, regardless of where you're at with the project, just isn't true. It's done daily in the programming industry. Programmers get poached/quit etc. like crazy. Yes, you have to train the person, but that's like any job. Pinball is definitely on the lower end of complexity, and adding a guy or two would cut down the time significantly.
Are we really at/near the end with a year left on the programming schedule?

Fair enough. I’ve said my piece. You may ask the JJP team how this strategy is working.

#7814 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I dont think he implied it was bad, not how I read it anyway. Just kinda passing info. I got the same email saying no pushing back and payment was due.

Correct, I was not implying this was bad, of course it makes sense - just passing along the only other bit of info I had.

#7817 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Numbers seem all over the place but getting up there[quoted image]

I'm #1050, for what it's worth,and my email came yesterday.

#7852 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

There are multiple issues with Elvira, not just the vuk. I'm on the waiting list. And playing on locations, I had 3 games end on ball one because it froze when I started a mode. Love both games but issues is a pinball thing. No one is immune.

I think you better wait until you get yours. I have one of the earliest ones, the ONLY issue I had was the VUK and the skillshot ballguide, both of which I fixed in about 2 hours. Not to say there's not one or two that came off the line nerfed, but by now the design issues have been fixed.

#7862 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I will, but is this the 50's? Let me saddle up to the teletype and morse code my "wired funds'

Lol

Are those your only two options? No credit card I get, some business don’t want to deal with the hassle and the fees. You could do a certified check I suppose, still will take some time.

#7877 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:I thought the powdercoat/clear issue was resolved. No?

It sounds like Spooky started hitting them with some kind of clearcoat (or maybe were all along?). I'm sure they got a ton of these done ahead of time and the shop that did the powder just did a really lazy job. The extra clear will help, until it doesn't. At least the 2 part clear (posted ^^^) seems to be helping better. Too bad it will dull the shine a bit, but it's better than the powder coat rubbing off entirely!

#7878 1 year ago

Buy a can of this on Amazon. It is pretty nasty stuff so take care when using it. The product spays very well. I did 3 coats about 25 minutes apart. Used about 3/4ths of the can on just the side armor and the lockbar.
[quoted image]

Did you get replacement armor, or did you remove yours from the game? I have a can of 2K that I think is still good (unopened), and I'm anticipating having to clear mine too.

#7897 1 year ago

In the beginning, Spooky was powder coating and then spraying them with gloss clear (not 2 part automotive paint). That had issues so they started spaying in 2 part automotive paint. Spooky couldn't source gloss in bulk so they went with satin according to support. All new armor has that satin look now. The problem is that they aren't putting enough on. The coverage is really bad (at least on my replacement set). I heard others complaining about the replacement armor still having issues so I did the only thing I could without doing a complete redo. My action is either a $25 band-aid or a $25 fix. Time will tell. The photo is a shot of my replacement armor with the MAX 2K gloss spray applied.

Very informative - I appreciate the detail. Let's hope that 2K max does the trick!

#7898 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I got the same thing going on the speaker panel
[quoted image]
No idea what to do except wait til Spooky finally figures out their powdercoating issues then ask for a replacement. They've sent me a replacement lockdown bar already, which is still in the box because I've not had time to deal with spraymax 2k yet. Got blue painters tape on the siderails, hoping to salvage the originals but they were also starting to show wear.

Wow. That is epically bad on the part of the powder shop. What. the. Hell. I'm really sorry, that is a bummer

#7981 1 year ago
Quoted from damadczar:

I’ll say I really like the game. Horror themes are my jam and I love John Carpenter. It looks amazing.
The layout is faster than you’d think, with some depth in the modes.
All that being said, I’m just not sure it’s that fun to play over time. I get frustrated because I complete modes and want to see the videos, but because there zero places to park the ball while a video plays, I miss lots of visuals. That’s my biggest complaint. Hard to see all of Linda when I’m flailing to keep the ball in play, you know? And given the layout, not sure this can ever be fixed.
Great theme integration, beautiful pin. But man, there’s something about it that makes me not want to keep playing. I dunno.
So I get why some folks are trying to unload. I’ve got the room to hold onto it for a while and see what happens. The market is saturated with FS Halloweens, so not much of a chance to sell and not lose money. I’d trade it immediately for a Monster Bash if I could. Lol.
Great discussion though.

You could make all these exact same points about Godzilla. Spooky has indicated they understand they couldn’t do everything all at once, and the production line had to come first, and the code will follow. Easier said than done, natch

#7996 1 year ago
Quoted from jb007gd:

Found it! You are correct!

Funny, it works fine when you can see JLC onscreen, but it *IS* a little weird without that visual lol.

#8007 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

All of that sounds wonderful but I wonder if the CPU / GPU is up to the challenge. There's already quite a bit of pixilation seen at the beginning of some of the clips (as has been mentioned by others). I'm assuming this is due to some hardware / software limitations being encountered during game play.

What I saw a couple of pages back looked more like encoding issues to me - not playback. Video decompression is built into the chip, it should barely even register as a load

#8029 1 year ago
Quoted from GameJunkie:

Thanks that was helpful. Looks like Spooky will need to help on this one.
I did take out the OUVISLITE mini pc and opened the top. There is a space for a SSD drive and there is no drive. Anyone know if there is supposed to be a drive there to boot too? It would explain the problem. However would be baffling that a Pin would leave a factory without a drive with the software installed. I hope I’m wrong.

Is there a USB thumbdrive in one of the ports? The BIOS is set to boot from USB first; maybe there’s no SSD needed.

But if so… yeah that’s a huge whiff on QC.

#8031 1 year ago
Quoted from GameJunkie:

No external thumb drive is attached that I see.

Yowza. Sorry man

#8038 1 year ago
Quoted from GameJunkie:

Yeah your probably right. There was another layer of screws to get to the motherboard and I didn’t want to go further. If it has that type of memory it might have come unseeded. I could reseed it and see if that helps.

Do you have a photo with the cover off?

#8044 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

My UM has the smaller board setup rather than the PC. I am guessing with supply chain they go with what they can get.

Really, a PC is a PC. If it can keep up with the game and the specs are largely similar, you could stick a laptop in there! lol

#8097 1 year ago

Hope they get it taken care of for you. I love the machine but it's been the most finnicky pin I've owned yet with little issues. I got it dialed in now it seems and all working so hope I'm finally good on my machine. The thing is the highlight for folks when they come over cause of the theme, unique layout, and just how vibrant and gorgeous it looks.

Annoying as all this is, the good news is the overall the layout, overall look, and the theme are NOT something that can be fixed. LEDs? Code? Wiring? The computer, even. All fixable

#8124 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Chances of me stealing this are strong.

Seriously. I would NEVER. IN. A MILLION. YEARS. Pay $75 for 2 action figures. But make them pinball mods, and BAM! "It's a steal, Barbara!"

#8125 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You know what’s super fun? Going into the next Stern thread and talking about how amazing Halloween actually is haha. Meltdown city over there

Please elaborate. Why is the "next Stern" thread melting down? I'm not following what you mean

#8137 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just the typical deluge of Stern shills who lose their shit when you mention the offerings of competitors. And a whole lot of “Halloween is garbage even though I’ve only played it once for 5 minutes and didn’t understand the rules and then I went on pinside to tell every single human being about my uneducated blind hatred for one of the best games made in the last ten years” haha

Oh, shoot. You’re late to the party, I’ve been getting that since Houdini and the Multimorphic P3

#8138 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

I would never in a million years collect any items Halloween related... oh wait... I do!
[quoted image]

Da-YUM.

#8150 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Butter or no butter today. SE 1216. Looks like it’s close to the end of the line.

Wow, yeah they are moving fast

#8184 1 year ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Couldn't disagree more. Not everyone is tech-savy. This is piss poor service by Spooky. Imagine the mental gymnastics needed to blame the customer for a non-working game that cost 10k.

To be clear, Spooky isn’t blaming the customer - every complaint I’ve seen here and on Facebook is being worked by Spooky support.

These things are 300-400 pound appliances, and more complicated than a refrigerator; part of the hobby is having to fix things.

All that said, I don’t think it’s an unreasonable expectation to have a working game when it’s unboxed - but what is Spooky supposed to do? Fly a tech out to service the game on site? These aren’t Rolls Royces.

#8205 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Completely agree - and I am glad I know how to work on my games. As you said - it has been a necessity. It is also why I am excited for mine to arrive - I do not care if I have to work on it. Id just like to expect to not have to.

Hard to argue with this. It’s in Spooky’s best interest to take care of this stuff WAY before something is boxed and shipped - obviously to make the customer happy, but it costs FAR more to have to spend time troubleshooting, shipping parts (multiple times!), not to mention the perception of the company. I’m sure they’re on top of it now - but whatever batch already got boxed and shipped.. hopefully it’s not too many units. I can’t imagine it’s that many in terms of sheer volume, but still.. yeah let’s get them fixed up! Lol

#8232 1 year ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

I reach out to Spooky today about not receiving my plaque and here is there response:
Thank you for letting us know, we are running into an issue with having them. We will ship it to you as soon as possible, as we didn't think it was worth holding the game up over. Thank you for your understanding!
No worries from me. I received a quick response back and I’m 100% confident that Spooky will deliver.

Well that's a good decision from them, not to hold the game - and a good response! Sounds like how they dealt with the shooter rod initially.

That said, it's PROBABLY not a bad idea to throw a little note in there about the missing part. And how the process will work to get one (e.g. "we will post on the site when the plaques are in; contact Spooky support afterwards to claim your plaque.." )

#8260 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I went back and read Jason's issues and sounds like maybe he got some connections possibly put back incorrectly when installing the new pinotaur board. Even for a seasoned pinball vet that board has a ton of connections and if you don't take multiple detailed pics and are careful it could easily happen as involved as this board is. I'll send him a PM and see if we can compare connections point by point to see if that's the issue.
[quoted image]

Yikes, look at that thing. Potential for error all over the place

#8280 1 year ago
Quoted from vincz:

Halloween CE is coming !
for the next games made, would Spooky be so kind as to " ADD "connectors allowing the removal of the playfield rather than wires to be cut to remove the playfield !! I absolutely need to remove the playfield from the cabinet to be able to take the pinball down to my basement
it's not what a few connectors cost so please god hear me

Yikes. I have to remove the head on my games sometimes; any idea how difficult that is ?

#8333 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Seeing as there's apparently no comprehensive rule sheet for Halloween, how can we crowd source this? I know there's the flow chart on the Spooky site, and there's going to be updates to the rules down the road, but how hard can this be? A Google Doc we all access? Or a post here that's sticky and updateable?

TiltForums is usually the go-to spot for this type of stuff

#8335 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

lpeters82 started a rule sheet for UM on tilt forums awhile back that could me used as a template for someone to start HWN.
http://tiltforums.com/t/ultraman-wiki-rulesheet/7456

I’ve played both but don’t know the answer to this: are the modes / goals largely the same between both games ?

#8371 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

If I were running spooky, I would have one person with experience play the pin being shipped right before it goes into the box. Recorded on video and that person makes sure every switch servo etc are properly working. Then if the customer has issues out of the box, we know it occurred in shipping. Once the problem is found, it can be addressed. How can we prevent x wire or y connector from getting disconnected in shipping. Plus things like a reverse wired flipper would be caught before shipping.
They ship 10 per day. It's absolutely feasible. I'm lucky mine plays 100% but the issues some are having should be caught unless it occurred in shipping.
It's an amazing game that deserves a thorough final inspection.

I believe they do. The “inspected by” stickers seem to indicate that this step IS being taken. Perhaps not always thoroughly.

#8376 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I fully concur, I had the exact same experience with annoying debris between the display and the plexi panel on my Ultraman, and the same hair-pulling experience disassembling/reassembling it. The design is terrible, very hard to service, and the plexi scratches if you look at it crossways.
Spooky can and should do better.
RussM

I need to see this thing in action- I’m expecting delivery in a month or so (already paid in full) and expecting I’ll have to deal with this issue. At least I’ve been warned

#8393 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:Just sort of cruising the threads a bit....sorry about some of the QC stuff I'm reading, but gotta say, still REALLY liking my game. Generally go through all the mechs, wiring, etc. anyway with any new pin purchase, and nothing I couldn't take care of easily on this one. Factory support is just amazing and easy to deal with. Can easily tell they care.
Have put quite a few games on mine, and think the biggest plus build wise doesn't get lifted enough......the playfield itself!!! I can't repair those, and swapping a huge PITA......swear I was staring mine down last night TRYING to find a dimple or something bad, and couldn't. No idea what they are doing, but really, really appreciate the quality put in on ( what I believe) the most important part of any machine.....
Side - I'm probably the only dummy that stumbled across Boogeyman mode in the settings by accident, enabled, and have been playing the crap out of it. Great change of pace for me.....

Is it not enabled in the settings by default?

#8424 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Might be getting a game reveal soon![quoted image]

Uh oh. I'd hoped they would finish more of Halloween before jumping on another game so soon! Ack

#8434 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It was announced that Fawzma will be assigned to HW/UM code for the next 6-12 mths.
New animations etc aren’t far away.
rd

I know, I know…

#8435 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

This is, correct. Fawzma will continue working on Halloween / Ultraman for some time, lots of goodness still to come. Since the release of Halloween / Ultraman we have quadrupled our coding team.

Can’t wait to see it!!

#8446 1 year ago

Yea been frustrating, pretty much multiple times a week I got to open it up and tweak something. This nut came loose, this post just came out, this things now not working, now this is acting up. I love the game, and it's my dream theme, but it's been a pain in the butt too.

I hate that feeling. “Oh, I gotta pull the glass…”. I am glad you’re psyched about the theme though - that’s obviously giving you motivation to keep on fixing. The drop targets issue sounds like a real pain. Has Spooky been able to do a video call with you about that? That would be the next step I’d request

#8449 1 year ago

They sent me a couple ideas to check but none of those shown any problems, we haven't done a video call on it, but at same time the problem is not one that I can recreate consistently. It just happens, sometimes it can go a day with no problem, then another day it's constantly glitching.
I increased the drop reset power slightly up and that seemed to have fixed it but then several days later, nope. So dunno if I should tweak more power settings.
Almost wish there was a delay on the skillshot activation period to avoid the accidental triggering, or like a couple other posts have had, where there skillshot is triggering missed skillshots on ball resets. The reset period seems sensitive on some of these machines.

I hear ya. That is difficult to diagnose if it's not repeatable. Arrgh I hate those issues!

#8504 1 year ago

Got my shipping notice - hoping for delivery next week!

#8506 1 year ago

yes! No butter

#8515 1 year ago

Will we finally see pics of a BSE :O

Hopefully early next week!

#8516 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That's what I thought at first..lol
Then I am like maybe he is mad he has to pay the invoice before it ships? Seems like a lot of complaining..lol

Some people have never bought a high-dollar niche product like pinball, and think it's like running out to get a stereo at Best Buy. He'll learn. Try buying a Ferrari. They cost 8 arms and legs, $2000 to change the oil, 1 year or more wait time, and they break down ALL the time. But if you get one...

#8521 1 year ago
Quoted from cireone:

Just received notification that game # 1104 BSE is being loaded on a truck today! Can't wait!

Same! #1050 was picked up some time this morning. Delivery (supposedly) Tuesday. Hm.. now I need to tell my wife... LOL

#8533 1 year ago

There has to be a cheaper way to do this than $230 plus shipping. Amazon has touch screen monitors for less than $50

That looks like the 5" Raspberry PI Screen. If so, it is indeed an HDMI capable monitor. I happen to have 2 right here... will be trying this! The integration into the apron is what makes it really nice though. That's pricey

#8535 1 year ago

This is what was on the shop page when the BSEs were for sale:
Halloween BSE Left fixed (resized).jpgHalloween BSE Left fixed (resized).jpg

includes the following (according to Pinside)
Clear plastic protectors

Interior graphics

Knocker kit installation

Shaker kit installation

Interactive RGB speaker kit and standard grill

Target decals

Coin box and lid

Powder coated to match bill acceptor ready door (bill acceptor not included)

Custom metallic flake powder coat

Blood Sucker Edition numbered plaque

Flipper button protective armor

#8537 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yeah, I've seen that, but it's just a photoshop mockup as far as I can tell. I was hoping to see more details on the powder coating, at least, and what it looks like on the game. It just looks black/grey there.

Gotcha. My impression was that the powder is the same as on the CE; I think? I read that in this thread. But I guess we'll find out soon -

#8541 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I suspect it’s the black of the speaker covers on the CE…very nice if it is.

Aah that actually makes sense - I remember Luke confirming this; that's what I was thinking of.

#8545 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

See, you didn't even know what color was going to be on the game that is already being delivered because we haven't seen pictures!

Hahah you are absolutely right!

Carpenter is a BIG deal in our house, so I was buying this game no question.

#8555 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Same here. I am a classic horror and b-movie nut and JC is my favorite director. The theme was enough that I had to get in on this game for better or worse. There's just not enough serious horror titles out there.

Your last point, exactly!! The boy is a product of John Carpenter’s films, whether he likes it or not! I do wish there were more straight horror themes/games. Alice Cooper was a good start - this knocks it into the stratosphere!!

#8567 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

One of the pleasant discoveries about Halloween is that it includes BOC’s the Reaper. Kind of funny because Stern’s Godzilla includes BOC’s Godzilla. Here’s a good rendition of the Reaper. The bird also does a good Here Comes the Sun.

Well that was one of the best things I’ve seen today! Especially the major whammy bar ending! LOL

#8646 1 year ago

My BSE was to be delivered today, but it’s been sitting at the depot about 30 miles away since Saturday. Not sure if it will make it today, but I’ll have it soon!

#8657 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:Halloween III: Season of the Witch is the next Spooky after TNA 2.0! I’m already reserving a Tom Atkins edition with Conal Cochran shooter rod. Each pin comes with a piece of Stonehenge! You won’t believe how they did it!
[quoted image]

Silver Shamrock!

I’m in for sure!

#8658 1 year ago

Any whisperings of a code update coming any time soon?

#8670 1 year ago

Surface mount is newer than through hole technology and it is harder to work on for most. Requires specialized hot air equipment vs a standard soldering/desoldering station.

Surface mount does suck pretty bad, but it isn't true across the board that it requires new equipment. I've built boards from kits using a boring old soldering station. The technique is WAY different but it is possible to do. Boards are still running! Fixing the boards can be tricky, but again not impossible. Lift the trace however, and say goodbye.

#8672 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I don’t know what it means, but I like the phrase!

LOL! Wait, that’s the second time someone said that to me today…. !

#8674 1 year ago

BSE #1050 in the house!

Temporarily in the living room…

Powdercoat looks really nice - almost like the gold and black are inverted from the CE. Works real nice.

Not a single issue out of the box - delivery was HOURS early and not a scratch to be found. First time unboxing a Spooky game so that was a bit of an experience but setup was quick.

My wife played ONE game and decimated my high score. WTH.

40B94AA4-C7C9-4D66-85A7-540380C53978 (resized).jpeg40B94AA4-C7C9-4D66-85A7-540380C53978 (resized).jpegB5E1E374-484F-4F39-84EF-5B1FF20CE063 (resized).jpegB5E1E374-484F-4F39-84EF-5B1FF20CE063 (resized).jpegC521C854-A48E-41A7-818C-0A87F4E9B544 (resized).jpegC521C854-A48E-41A7-818C-0A87F4E9B544 (resized).jpeg
#8675 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It should be printed on t-shirts for techy fashiony people! “Lift the trace…and say goodbye.”
Copyright it!

Haha !

#8682 1 year ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Could just be the angle of the light but it doesn’t strike me as the same from those pictures. Rdoyle1978 , can we get some more pictures of the whole package! Glad your game was perfect out of the box though!!

I don't have very good lighting in that room, so that's probably throwing off the color - it definitely does NOT look like that photo in person though. Maybe they had a ton of light hitting the powdercoat, but it for sure comes off much darker than that photo. Looks better in person, IMO.

I'll try to get some photos later on -

#8684 1 year ago

Horrible photos incoming!

6545E1B4-A049-4369-B7E9-29D66577047F (resized).jpeg6545E1B4-A049-4369-B7E9-29D66577047F (resized).jpeg768AE10D-E9F9-4EBA-8CA5-BD44CB2C0A02 (resized).jpeg768AE10D-E9F9-4EBA-8CA5-BD44CB2C0A02 (resized).jpegA0F12D95-464D-4A45-9577-A7F86E66CDD4 (resized).jpegA0F12D95-464D-4A45-9577-A7F86E66CDD4 (resized).jpegB8E9A983-0439-404B-BC9F-C36309CBDA0C (resized).jpegB8E9A983-0439-404B-BC9F-C36309CBDA0C (resized).jpegCF566806-405B-41FB-90E8-807B85D33BAC (resized).jpegCF566806-405B-41FB-90E8-807B85D33BAC (resized).jpeg
#8699 1 year ago
Quoted from haunted1:

Debating where to have Nick Castle sign my game. Apron, back glass, a plastic, lockdown bar and then 2k it.
Any thoughts.

Debating?! Hell yes. He’s a super nice guy and very thoughtful with fans. Not sure if you need him to sign more than 1 thing, just have him sign the backglass or apron card

#8700 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Thank you for taking the time to post the photos. That looks closer to what I was expecting, but I thought it was going to be a smooth surface from how it looks in that hinge video. No big deal, but this is why I have been wanting to see it before I get mine. Congrats on getting your game delivered issue free. It looks fantastic!

Only issue I really had was that the cabinet seems slightly askew, making the glass not quite fit. I almost broke it trying to the lock bar put back on. Had to realign the front right corner to get the glass pushed up enough to push the lockbar down. I’ll investigate later - not actually sure if the cabinet is out of alignment or if the glass channel needs to be adjusted.

#8702 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

My AMH cabinet twists more than average when I move it. If Spooky hasn't changed their cabinet design since then, you may just need to move it or adjust the leg levelers to keep more even pressure. Just a thought.

Good point - I didn't try real hard to get it perfectly level since we'll be moving it to the basement this weekend. That's probably it! I had this issue with my JJP POTC and that also turned out to be a (different) leveling issue.

#8718 1 year ago
Quoted from mac2444:

My cabinet was out of square as well. I took the glass out and with two people you can just pull on the corners and get it back to square, the glass has slid in easily ever since. I think there is a video or at least a post earlier in the thread explaining the process in greater detail.

My was primarily fixed by getting the game better level. I just set it up quick since it's going to be moved this weekend, and it was really not level.

I did just raise the playfield and I am REALLY confused about how this happened, but now my coin box doesn't fit?! I couldnt get it to sit flat in the cab between the playfield struts. It's just sitting all cattywampus right now. Really weird.

#8723 1 year ago

So, my wife and I are HUMUNGOUS John Carpenter fans. We basically got married because of "The Thing" and "Halloween III". I told her another game was coming this week, and that it was a surprise what the theme was - she IMMEDIATELY said "The Thing?!" (that was a tough moment.)

Anyway, she's been playing the game more than any other game I've had in about 3 years. She's especially liking the "house attack" mode - it's fairly easy to start and she gets all into hitting the spinners and keeps watching me whenever I go over to play it. I haven't had the heart to break it to her she has to shoot the crosswalk thing after beating him!

So yeah I think it's safe to say this is a big ass hit in the house! Ill be a little disappointed when it finally moves to the basement, but eventually all pinball must go downstairs...

So this not only passes the WAF but it's getting actual plays, and I am having a real hard time not starting up a game every time I walk past. Well done, Spooky dudes! Keep that code coming! There definitely are a couple bugs in 1.08a but it really feels like everything's getting ironed out. Super happy with this game, even given the looooooong wait!

#8728 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just checking in to say that HWN 690 is straight up printing money on location at this point. I’d like to say that it’s my place but…it’s the game. Heads are turning. My friggin jaw dropped when I checked the coin box yesterday. Literally DOUBLE what Stranger Things earned which is my top earner at the moment. Any issues? Yes, one cold solder joint knocked out my left flipper and I fixed it immediately. Big WHOOP. Love this f’n thing.

I need to come check out your place some time. I've been meaning to do the Lovecraft pilgrimage, and playing a couple of rounds on Halloween would top it all off!

#8732 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just don’t drink out of the fountain that Edgar Allen Poe drank from or you can never leave RI. That’s real.

Haha... I live about 20 miles from Baltimore, and they have all kinds of Poe stories. I'll look out for the fountain

#8755 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

My wife loves this pin and Roller coaster tycoon.

Mine has put more games on it than almost all other past games combined. She didn’t understand Godzilla (although put in a good effort) but is having a blast with the House Attack mode. She wants better animations!!! (And guys please re-encode the Hedge multiball clips). She mentioned BOTH of these issues and I hadn’t said a word.

#8756 1 year ago

While I’m making unsolicited suggestions: I really appreciate the “hints” on the backbox since it can be really tough to figure out what to shoot for sometimes - PLEASE make the hints larger onscreen. Kthxbye

#8758 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

At this point I think ALL pinball code developers should be forced to sit 5 feet from their desktop monitors while coding the game's UI. It's not just Spooky.. Stern and JJP also like to use 10pt fonts for important info. FFS, the screen is twice as big as the old DMD; make the damn words bigger!

LOL! It's not a bad idea. There's a ton of info they are trying to accomodate - I am really impressed with Godzilla's (and come to think of it, Ultraman's) approach to putting the information onscreen. JJP's POTC did a phenomenal job of artistically integrating progress into the screen (although of course their LCD is way larger). But anyway, it's not always clear what I'm shooting for, especially when modes are stacked - so I really appreciate the hints as I'm learning the game, and trying to explain to my wife and now my son (that's a huge shocker) what to shoot for.

#8782 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Your suggestions have been heeded!

Hopefully it came across as constructive criticism! - I take my wife’s suggestions really seriously since she’s familiar with pinball generally, but she also comes to each game as a novice, having never really seen it before, and it’s been somewhat difficult explaining the rules since the game is so complex (not a bad thing!). She’s loving Halloween

#8786 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Burnt rootbeer anyone? A few prelim shots as the game is absolutely sick in this color...sparkly, goldish brown with lights on. Then ominous deep brown in the dark.
Couldnt be happier!!! Ran out of time to add the EL to pumpkin flipper areas today, but will post complete shots when I finish ( matching the oranges to the backboard leds was a PITA).
Might offer the EL kits if interest is there ( the invertor I use is more commercial in nature so it doesn't melt over time like the plastic cubes)
Machine visuals have officially entered badass ...( for me, anyway)...had to share...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really good! Are the pumpkin speaker covers only on the CE? I may have to make some of those

#8807 1 year ago

Curious what mods (if any) anyone has added to their game. I’m aware of the Michael/Loomis figures, and already have the Vimtoman house. It’s not like the game needs much but I’m very happy to have a reason to buy Halloween related items!

#8810 1 year ago

I’ve been looking for someone to custom make a Lampkin Ln street sign for me. No luck so far.
I did buy this mini tv to put in the house. [quoted image]

Great idea!

And the TV: does it play “The Thing from Another World”?

#8814 1 year ago

It will. I haven’t had a chance to figure out how yet haha.

NICE! Where did you get it? That’s a great idea

#8818 1 year ago

Now just need the movie uploaded on the card and play it continuously. Or I think they were watching Night of the Living Dead. B/W version while she was babysitting Tommy?

Thing from Another World (that Carpenter reimagined in 1982). Christian Nyby *cough*Howard Hawks *cough* classic.

It does look like it’s really that simple. I wouldn’t get the whole movie, maybe just download the trailer from Youtube. The screen is so small you’ll be able to see the large text from the trailer better anyway

#8828 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I didn't realize these went on sale can you provide a link?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-clothesline-mod-

Looks really nice!

#8829 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thing from Another World (that Carpenter reimagined in 1982). Christian Nyby *cough*Howard Hawks *cough* classic.
It does look like it’s really that simple. I wouldn’t get the whole movie, maybe just download the trailer from Youtube. The screen is so small you’ll be able to see the large text from the trailer better anyway

I forgot to mention, Lindsay is also shown watching Forbidden Planet right around when Annie gets stuck in the California laundry shed

#8833 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Did you look at the Neca Halloween II toy set? Includes a Dr. Loomis, Mike, scary pumpkin from the intro, weapons, and plastic fire if you want to set MM on fire. Even includes a Loomis hand with lighter to blow up MM.
[quoted image]

Yeah - Im thinking about it - $70 is quite a lot but I’ve seen some photos - they do look good in the game.

#8838 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Are people having that many problems with this machine? My number is up but it seems like this game has countless problems.

There have been several owners who have had some issues, but in general they’ve made close to 1000 games with a small handful who had issues. I got my game last week and it was perfect out of the box. So far so good

#8856 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I too would like this information. I have the UP model PC in mine and I really don't trust these cheap mass-produced PCs to last more than 4-5 years. Even well-made computers can crap out after 7-10 years and I expect HWN to last a lot longer than that.
My game appears to use this model: https://up-shop.org/up-board-series.html
Is that the model used in HWN? Can we buy these as spares? Or better yet, what motherboards in general are compatible with HWN's code? P2K required the Cyrix MediaGX chipset to work, are there similar requirements for HWN?

HWN appears to use a fairly recent Debian image, which is … really compatible. As long as drivers work or can be emulated, there’s hardly an issue. It’s REALLY hard to predict the future of software, and the ubiquitous options available to a build (food for thought spooky dudes!) are numerous - which is not impossible but just makes more work. In other words, hardware isn’t the issue here - everything can be emulated from here on out

#8862 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ooooof…they are big mad at Spooky. Someone ought to open this service ticket. Not great to be dragged by operators or locations.

They got one of the earliest games - whatever's wrong must not be a simple part swap out. But it's not like Spooky is going to fly a tech in to fix it

#8904 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:I gotta be truthful, between the worrying about the reliability of this pin, the delays in butter cabinets cabinets(with no updates, even though im fully paid) I've lost my NIB purchase magic. It will be worth it, but yea....

It will come back. All of that got erased the first time I started it up.

#8940 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

There are thirteen movies about Michael Myers and he is linked with killing almost 90 people. I was wonder how often Michael died? And if he keeps coming back, he was never dead, right? [quoted image][quoted image]

This screengrab is from before Halloween Kills came out (which was kind of quickly pulled together after Halloween 2018 did WAY better than expected); The plan is definitely to kill him off in Halloween Ends. And then I'm sure a year or two later there will be another one

#8948 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

They were definitely supposed to be included, but my BSE didn't seem to come with one either. I know they were running behind on the plaques for the CEs at some points in production. That could be all it is, but I did send Spooky a note about it.
[quoted image]

Just checked - the actual shop page where you could buy the game does not list the plaque. Bummer. I too thought it was included.

http://shop.spookypinball.com/halloween-blood-sucker-edition-initial-payment-1500-p84.php

#8971 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Have any HW owners played ultraman? I’m curious how it stacks up.

I have - not the most recent code. I REALLY liked Ultraman, and even played it back to back with GZ. It’s soooo different obviously in terms of the playfield than GZ but the themes are from the same era

Rules are largely the same as HWN but the whole package is really nicely done

#8985 1 year ago

Speaking of music - are there any other songs in the movie besides Reaper ? I didn’t even realize THAT song was in the movie until somewhat recently, and I’ve been watching Halloween for 25 years.

#9005 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

The BSE owners WILL in fact be getting a numbered plaque yes! Also, every time I see you post in here I get hungry for the box of Frankenberry that is in my cupboard.

LOL! Better Frankenberry (boo berry not my favorite). Still have Fruity Yummy Mummy from 1996 or so, waiting for doomsday! There’s also a vintage Fruit Brute (Google it!) which I don’t know if could bear to open.

#9018 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Godzilla is way overrated.

I have these 2 games side by side and it is really hard to decide which one to play first. Sometimes Halloween pisses me off so I go back to GZ, but Then I want to hear that OTHER blue oyster cult song.. lol!

#9077 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone try foam impact deadening tape for pumpkin rejects?

This reminds me - the mode hole shot on the Williams IJ has a very similar issue. The ultimate fix for mine was to remove the scoop shroud entirely and add the PinBits deadening foam. That stuff was magic. I’m not sure removing the shroud is an option here, but I sure as heck think it worth trying with the foam.

All that said, I dont have too many issues with scoop rejects - my issue is much more consistently with the center ramp shots bouncing off the diverter (I think that’s what is happening) and then immediately SDTM. That and when I get a slightly weaker shot up the ramp and the ball just stops on the upper playfield. I usually have to tilt to shake it free. I need to figure that out.

#9085 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I know a few people had their diverter break from this issue. Amazingly, my center ramp shoots smooth as glass and it's the left ramp that rattles frequently, particularly when backhanding the shot. I haven't figured out the fix for that just yet.

Great. Hasn’t happened yet, but I can absolutely see this being an issue - when I get a good shot the ball rockets up the ramp, and explodes against the diverter, then like I said, SDTM.

I’ll have to work on backhanding the left ramp - I’ve not been able to do it with a ball in motion, but it’s still an easier shot than backhanding the Houdini inner right loop, which I got damn good at.

#9088 1 year ago
Quoted from mac2444:

There have been a number of posts on this. Sounds like just undoing the screw and repositioning the diverter left or right (depending on your issue) as needed fixes it. Good luck!

I must have missed those - thanks!

#9117 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I blast the fuck outta mine. They go down just fine (out of box).

Same

#9118 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I have the exact same issue with my machine. I just moved it to a new location so the level and pitch have just been set (~6.7 degrees).
It really pisses me off, especially during a multi-ball and the auto-plunge is just shooting balls right down between the flippers.

Have you guys tried setting at 6.5? That’s what mine is set to, and I never have this issue. Left orbit consistently hits the left flipper. You may want to check that it works at that pitch first, and then work up to 6.8 from there.

#9141 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Most of the bugs I’ve encountered are related to stacking. Any time more than one thing is going is typically when I see issues. Hopefully this gets resolved.

Same. I have had several games where I have a Judith ball trapped, and I start a mode (Escape from the Kitchen I believe) and drain.. but the ball is never released from the Judith lock and I have to turn the machine off, or quit the game to cause a ball search to occur.

Speaking of which .. what are the requirements for locking a ball in the Judith lock? I’ve not been able to do that too many times. 2 hits?

#9149 1 year ago

It's 5 hits, but it's only one hit if you do it during the skill shot ball launch.
The 5 hits thing is annoying, making the shot feel kind of useless normally and risky to bother attempting normally. There was mention of new gameplay attached to the tombstone in the coming code so hope we see more use and scoring attached to that part, cause outside of the ball launch lock, it feels pretty pointless to bother with currently

Ok, got it. That explains the couple of times I got it right away - must have been on the skill shot.

I kind of agree; I never really aim for that shot since it doesn’t seem to be part of any of the other modes. Sometimes it happens randomly and it’s like a secret bonus multiball .

#9158 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

“You’ve fooled them, haven’t you, Michael?
But not me.”
Who can name that scene and why it was filmed?

Halloween II TV version. Over 40 minutes of additional content! Filmed by Carpenter himself and then disowned

Poor dog.

#9164 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Close! Halloween TV version. Extra footage filmed in 1981 during Halloween II. Loomis pleads with Smith Grove to transfer Michael to maximum security. They decline. He tells Michael in May, 1964 “you’ve fooled them, haven’t you? But not me.”

Damn! Come on, you know exactly what I meant! LOL

#9165 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

For the last couple months my house pf has been dialed in to the point where I could always get a second shot off as the ball returned off the left ball guide (even slow rollers). I was able to kill mike with one trip to the house. Recently, the machine or my actual house must’ve settled, because now when the ball rolls off the left guide it misses the flipper completely. At this rate it takes about 4 trips to the house before I can defeat Michael. Bummer

Check the rubber on the flipper. Seriously. If you've played enough games and worn that exact spot down, it might not be grabbing the ball quite enough. I am STILL shocked when I nail that crossover shot. It is such a great feeling! LOL

That said, if I have House mode going and I start Bob & Lynda (or vice versa), does the House mode take precedence? I can't figure out how to get the ball across.

#9167 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Another fun fact about the tv version... there is a scene with Laurie and Linda at Laurie's house, and the interior that was used was actually Nancy's house from A Nightmare on Elm Street!

Ok, now THAT is a fact I actually did not know. They left that out of the hundreds of documentaries I've seen

#9178 1 year ago
Quoted from Mjlanham16:

More decorations to add to my Halloween shrine
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fright rags is doing some great stuff. I bought my wife a Silver Shamrock pint glass for her birthday, and she was super psyched (HWN III is one of our movies). I need to get a whole set, but they sold out almost immediately.

#9199 1 year ago

Whoa

#9200 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Previews for Halloween Ends are picking up...
Excited to see in the theatre, but won't set my bar very high, lol...

It’s MUCH better than Halloween Kills, which was kind of made up on the spot. David and Danny turned it into a nice tribute to Halloween II which was pretty cool, but overall, not a necessary movie. Ends was the plan the whole time. Some nice Carpenter nods at the beginning, and then it’s a well paced, modern (not a copy, mind you) version of the original

#9214 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Halloween Kills should have been called
“(Hey, Jerk): Speed Kills”

LOL. I think that maaaaay have been the joke that Danny was referencing

#9215 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I like how you think...will hope for the best....

You’re safe

I’m not saying it’s on par with the original - it’s still in the style of Halloween 18, a little more aggressive/modern, less suspense IMO. But a big step up from Kills, and maybe a tad too long but I liked it a LOT more

#9216 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Did you see an early screening? I’m pumped

Nope

#9248 1 year ago

Come October it will be even better.

OOOORLY?

#9288 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

I should be done for a while UNLESS someone releases 'The Thing' pin.

Same!

#9289 1 year ago

I already got the Freddy pin of old (does have dream warriors MB), so selfish me wants a theme not done before.
Evil Dead

PinSound?

#9300 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Favorite movie of all time by my favorite director of all time

Alien? Or HWN?

#9417 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Ok well if we are gonna compare Halloween to Godzilla we seem to be leaving out one very important thing… Godzilla launched in a fun playable state last October with just enough modes and most that casual players will ever see. While Halloween launched HALL-O at a similar time, it was a very ruff in vanilla code.
Now they are both in like the top 5 games of the past 10 years. I hope the new update cements that and people will give it another chance.

What a post. Yes, exactly.
Remember how EHOH launched. Now everyone is desperate for one at $20K. I am a huge advocate of Cassandra too, but $20K?!?!

Turns out code matures a game…

#9425 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Curious how others are dealing with flipper fade? I get into a game play about 20 minutes, and then the flippers get so weak they will not make it up to center ramp. The first 10 to 15 shots will go up with no problem after that barely make it.

I have not experienced this at all, even after playing for over an hour. Have you checked the coil soldering? Maybe it's backwards or something

#9429 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Checked everything on mine and it is fine. Problem didn’t start until after I got to about 500 or so games. And it is both of the bottom flippers.

That’s pretty weird. I’m not sure how many games I’m at, I’ve only had mine a couple weeks.

Could something have happened to the coils that reduces their efficacy? Usually on an older game I’d check the coil and see if it’s expanded and/or melted the sleeve. At least we know it’s not the Stern coil stops

#9444 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Nice synth dude!!
Fun fact: some of the sound effects you hear in HWN were made on my synth:[quoted image]

Very impressive! Modular stuff is pretty amazing. I don’t have the patience to deal with it but you can make some AMAZING sounds!

#9462 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I have this one (which I've since gotten signed by like 8-9 different actors who have played Myers):
https://www.trickortreatstudios.com/halloween-the-boogeyman-michael-myers-mask.html
This one's also really good (and it's in stock):
https://www.trickortreatstudios.com/halloween-michael-myers-mask.html

The trick or Treat Halloween II mask is the most accurate to the 1978 movie, believe it or not. The new ones they did this year are new sculpts, and the HWN II mask is based on the original mask

#9474 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I’m really hoping for a new code in early October. I know some are predicting it on Halloween but the season starts now, and abruptly turns to Thanksgiving on November 1st.

Word. Especially since Ultraman already received an update . But it DOES sound like there are some pretty big updates planned

#9489 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Thanks Luke, it could be the flipper position. Once I have it on the flipper, I'm good. It's more an issue of the ball immediately exiting the sanitarium pf, whether that flipper is down or up. Like you said, the ball enters the pf so fast it's hard to get a live shot in. Sometimes it's slower or I get lucky and it bounces off of the right side and back to the left, which gives me a chance at flipping it. I wouldn't say it's a problem really, I'm just not sure what's 'normal' behavior.

I was about to post basically the same thing Luke posted… perhaps more crudely.

I try to catch the ball -AS SOON AS- it’s ejected, and bounce it up into the hole quick. But man, I still have a ton of auto-drains

#9496 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

My scoop eject dead bounces off the flipper, off the post to the right and back to the flipper. Rolling to a perfect position to shoot the left target.
Just came like that from the factory.
As for getting control up there, I keep the flipper up / left flipper buton depressed when I take that hidden ramp shot and that makes it easier to find control.

100%!

#9510 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks, that car is a keeper, absolutely love it.
If someone has the Vimto mod's house, where does it connect?
[quoted image]

There's a power distribution board at the bottom of the cabinet that it plugs into. It's directly under the upper house playfield, on the right side. Hard to miss - the board may have these little caps on some of the connectors, you can just pull those off if there's no wire connected. The mod is powered by 12V, so make sure you are plugging it into the board correctly (the connectors also can send 5v)

Threading the wiring is a little bit tricky - you want to make sure nothing is getting in the path of the ball, and the wire can hang down and mess things up.

If you figure out how to align the house so it's tilted slightly upwards, let me know - I can't figure out how to get the wiring connector to clear the plastics and I'm afraid of it getting trapped at a sharp angle, severing the wire

#9525 1 year ago

Painted my little Tv up. Now to figure out a good place to mount in the house area. [quoted image][quoted image]

That looks really good! I spent the weekend adding “The Thing” and “Forbidden Planet” to mine. Still have to paint and figure out how to power it!

#9533 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I found my game just chilling in my driveway without a knock, call or anything, it was ordered thru pinball star and the shipper was supposed to call me. Luckily I went outside and found it because it was raining.

Damn dude, sorry to hear it! PBStar usually goes out of their way to secure solid shippers. Wtf. My delivery was from a shipper I wasn’t familiar with, but I got 4 calls, DURING an important meeting (not their fault) and had to run out there to deal with the delivery. Im happy it went down that way, no complaints

#9547 1 year ago

The sound issues to me are part of the whole polishing the code and presentation needs. The audio is kind of all over the place with some callouts being super loud, others being muted by other things going on randomly. The clips from the film are great, but then some of the new recorded VA stuff is a bit cringe.
Seriously I really don't get the "MICHEAL MYERS IS IN HEELLLLL!" line. It doesn't make sense, or have any relevance to the first film.

the "Michael Myers is in hell" line is from Part 4. But you're right - not from the first movie.

I was expecting to hate the Loomis voice actor - but for the most part he's pretty good, sounds quite a bit like Donald Pleasance, IMO.

#9557 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I understand what you mean, but still I find it odd when there is 0 sound going on, it just feel unfinished, at least have some backgound sounds or ambiant sfx.

Are there times when there’s absolutely no music? I honestly haven’t noticed.

#9588 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Have the same one... wish it was more cushion or memory foam like those antifatigue chef mats.

Is it the hard rubber or the kind of cheaper fluffy fabric?

#9618 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Going back and forth between these two pins myself. Looking for max immersion, shooting and depth. Seems can’t go wrong with either.

I just can’t get into Alien as far as the actual gameplay. I have extensively played the original Heighway game in a pub in downtown DC, and the PB version (not the LV, I don’t think) at several shows . The vibe and immersion seems top notch; I just didn’t get into the game. Not for lack of trying, mind you. I must be missing something… I guess?

#9619 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Looking for owner feedback here.
Is anyone disappointed with the house mod?
Would you say it's a must-have mod?
I have not seen one in person. One guy I know says it's cool.

I bet you will not find a single person who regrets getting it. As close to must-have as there is. My only criticism of it is that I wish it was easier to tilt it back further for a better angle as you’re playing. It’s a bit hard to see the Michael in the window due to everything that’s going on in the game. No way I can think of to fix this though.

#9631 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So here was my solution. I use those little rectangle grey (or black) target cushions, and place one (or two) between the front of the house on the far right and the brown molding it sits behind. I also use a thick 2-sided tape under the house, but only along the front edge of the house so it tips back a bit. It’s kept mine upright, in place and the windows visible during gameplay for weeks.
[quoted image]

Very economical solution - I've had a couple other similar suggestions as well. I've given this a shot - I don't like how it looks quite, but I'll try today to reposition the foam and the tape. Getting the angle right is key, and there's not quite enough play in that brown molding on the right. Not enough to allow the angle I wanted to get, that is. This mod looks so great I want it to really line up in the game and show it off to full effect!

#9632 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well, you could grind down the bottom at an angle, and then the upper back could have some material removed to then tilt back.

I considered this, but it's much simpler to add a wedge underneath. This would have been my suggestion to Vimtoman in his original design. But I mean, this is super nit picky stuff

#9642 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My BSE backglass arrived! I like the title on the glass, but I see how people find it duplicative. But I’ll downsize to low ceilings someday when I’m retired and I get shorter, so I’ll prob lose the topper.

Looking good!

I’m starting to like the idea of a backglass -without- the name on it. I mean really, it’s kind of redundant with the huge Micheal Myers on there. I doubt Spooky is selling CE back glasses but I’d definitely be up for one on my BSE!

#9650 1 year ago

Think they said to others wanting CE parts that they are staying exclusive to the CE customers and not available to purchase.

Oh, I'm sure - it would reduce the "collector" part of the CE, but I'm still thinking it would have looked nice. Oh well, guess I should have gotten a CE!

#9691 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:I was thinking last night - Has anyone tried blacking out the tinted plastics for the LED light strips? Is there benefit to having them be transparent instead of opaque? It seems like this would barely affect the light shows while concealing most of the strips from direct line-of-sight. Maybe even just doing it to the strips that face the player... I don't think the light strips look bad, but wondering if this would be a cheap way to make them look even better.
I've also considered capping the strips with a half-pipe of frosted rubber tubing, but that would be more complicated to source and install for testing.

I ordered some plastic channel with a super opaque cap that is supposed to do a great job diffusing the light - will post results!

#9706 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I’m pretty sure I heard today one of the UK guys was on Godzilla for 70 mins recently in a tournament, then there was another at the weekend where Dialed in went on for a while too. No complaints about these though just praise.
Seems they have been brainwashed to hate this pin

There's a preference for games which you can exploit for big points as quickly as possible - but it doesn't mean games with longer ball times dont' end up in tournaments. I'd argue this is one reason it would be *good* to seen HWN in a tournament - level the field a bit.

GZ can get to huge scores, but you have to put some work in up front. 70 minutes sounds like a CRAZY long game, but I've put in 20/25 minute games and hit over a billion. And I'm no tournament player -

#9741 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I gotta say, this thread is getting to be a bit of a slog. Some of the posts seem to be endlessly in anticipation of their machine or new code. Ok. But many of the posts are defending the honor(!) of the pin when people share pretty neutral truths and opinions about it. I also love the gross mischaracterizations about people's statements. It's the only owner's thread that I've visited where it's (at least recently) it feels like a job getting through the posts. To empathize and summarize:
-I know you're eager for your pin. So was I. So is the next guy. We know.
-New code is coming. It's always been coming. You're excited. So am I. So is everyone else. We know.
-Halloween has a lot of issues. Many are not typical. It doesn't ruin the experience for most owners, but it's clearly not just "Every new pin has kinks to work out..." Let's just call it what we know it is, and not paint it into something it's not. Either way.
-You don't have to argue that last statement. It's ok. Take a breath. Unclench your fists.
-While I'm sure some people "hate" the pin because they're ignorant/inexperienced/brainwashed/whatever, lots of people just don't like it. Period. That's OK. It's a unique pin. That means there's a good chance opinions will be diverse on it. If people post a negative review about what they thought after playing it, that's not bogus. It's their freaking opinion. They have one, just like you. Just like me. No one is attacking your fun-but-imperfect girlfriend's honor. Put the beer down, unclench your fists again, and relax. We like your girlfriend. She's our girlfriend, too.
Ok, that ending went sideways but you get my point

Wow, you just made me agree 100% with TheLaw. That’s a milestone!

Although, I do agree: I wish there was a code update happening soon. You did mention that, yes?

#9751 1 year ago

Wait, did someone say new code?

Boy, I sure hope so

#9758 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

I still think K-man had huge influence leading his lemming army to impact the ratings and resale value of these spooky releases. (especially UM). I’m really not a hater on him…I generally liked his podcast quite a bit…but I think he wields his power irresponsibly and ends up hurting the hobby instead of ‘making it better by holding manufacturers accountable’.
Anyway…who got some cool owners thread posts? I’m on the road and have been playing a lot of games on location the past couple days. IMO HW holds its own against all of them.
…I’m coming up on 10months of ownership. Once I tweaked my center ramp and resoldered a wire onto one of my elevator optos, the game has been rock-solid.

Sadly, I think you may be correct. I am super-DUPER not a fan of his negativity, so take that with a grain of salt. I don't need that in my life. 100% agree the power trip of negativity is really hurting our hobby here. Wish more people could see that.

I'm very happy to say I've had basically none of the issues that have been posted about - I've only had my game a month, and the only real issue I had was the glass not lining up (which was my fault - game was not as level as I thought!), and I have to make an adjustment to the magnet/dump ramp that holds the ball after a successful crossover. It does not cleanly load the ball into the wireform, and usually bounces out onto the playfield. The fix is easy, I just haven't gotten to it yet.

The game is really great as-is, and I'm really looking forward to more!

#9763 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

We must have got our games at a great time because I also haven't had an issues with my game yet. *knock on wood*. I still havent had to lift the playfield and I have well over 300 games in so far. I am never this lucky.

I did have to lift my PF to install the house mod, but that's it. Now *that* took a little getting used to. The alignment of everything took some getting used to -

#9781 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:Seeing all the new posts, I thought I missed the code drop...oh, wait.

That's just rude Luke!

#9783 1 year ago

It’s Halloween; everyone’s entitled to one good scare

haha... I think I'm going with "Hey Lonnie, get your ass away from there!"

#9811 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

#1244 here, awaiting our standard. Anyone have a clue if we’ll be playing this thing before actual Halloween? Asked the same question on Spooky FB but no response.

Did you order through Spooky or a distro?

If through a distro, you’ll get an email roughly a week before it’s built. Not sure if Spooky’s process is the same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
575 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Rdoyle1978. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.