IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6539 1 year ago

I finally played this game for the first time last night. I was very impressed. Admittedly, I’m a huge Halloween and John Carpenter fan, so this purchase was a no-brainer for me, and my first “must have” game sight-unseen. I love the art, music, and fairly good use of movie content. Yes, some animations are pretty…something. But even those didn’t bother me, and perhaps future code will improve that. The game was immersive and oozed Halloween right from the start. A couple of spots on the playfield trapped the ball (uppermost playfield outlane too narrow and the flap for the right ball return under the sling), but those are correctable. The shots are satisfying and smooth. Nice mix of flow and interruptions. My #702 arrives soon, hopefully tomorrow. Looking forward to unboxing and getting into it more! So far, very encouraged. I was hoping the game was at least ok, that would be enough for me given the theme. My first take on the layout and gameplay is, it’s much better than ok. It’s creative and unique.

#6572 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Finally got #701 out of its box late Saturday afternoon. My wife and I are enjoying our first Spooky Pin.
[quoted image]

Yours is 701 and mine is 702. They were side-by-side on the line. They shared an experience that will surely form a special bond. Mine arrived today!

5CCFACDB-329A-422F-AC41-938B74D21A64 (resized).jpeg5CCFACDB-329A-422F-AC41-938B74D21A64 (resized).jpegBA3458BA-9294-44AB-B3A5-7E3FC06C880E (resized).jpegBA3458BA-9294-44AB-B3A5-7E3FC06C880E (resized).jpeg
#6579 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

That's awesome. Hope you enjoy yours! My wife loves this game. A few years ago she wanted a Americs Most Haunted but when we seen the announcement on Halloween CE we were hooked. Such a good looking layout and the code is really good.

Thanks! Mine will be set up Weds, so I have to wait one more day. It’s been a very long wait, but this theme alone is worth waiting for. The tricky part is, my 3-year-old son likes pinball, and Halloween is probably above his authorized clearance code level. He is already none too pleased about that!

#6637 1 year ago

I set up my CE today and it plays great right out of the box. So far, so good. No stuck balls or adjustments, yet. My topper wasn’t connected, the hand and knife wasn’t connected to the motor. I slid the hand/knife mech onto the motor drive shaft and it seems to work fine. Is there supposed to be something keeping that in place?

73B393CF-A694-498B-BB08-BD4D1489BD50 (resized).jpeg73B393CF-A694-498B-BB08-BD4D1489BD50 (resized).jpeg97BF0834-9029-4659-8A35-33E4DBEA01C3 (resized).jpeg97BF0834-9029-4659-8A35-33E4DBEA01C3 (resized).jpeg

#6639 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Two tiny .05 Allen set screws, it will keep falling off if you don’t tighten them.

Thanks. Are these attached, or did they fall off and vanish? Maybe someone can post a pic of the screws. Thx!

#6762 1 year ago

Added a 1979 Ford LTD wagon (can’t find a 78), but still need to paint it gray, remove the roof rack, and add the “For official use only” sanitarium logo. These are easy to find on eBay or Amazon for under $15 packaged in either T2 or Charlie’s Angels themes. If these were discussed above already, forgive me!

D3AF8E42-317D-49B6-BFDC-053CF4B7A411 (resized).jpegD3AF8E42-317D-49B6-BFDC-053CF4B7A411 (resized).jpeg
#6766 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Code related questions:
1. The Sanitarium drop target doesn’t seem to engage, but works in test. I seem to remember it was used more with the previous code update. Is this drop target supposed to always be down?
2. Jackpot lights. For each of the main multiballs, there are three jackpots. The inserts are lit either orange or red. What do the colors mean?

I just received my Halloween CE #702 and the sanitarium drop target is usually up until I knock it down (after it turns red) to start sanitarium mode, then it’s back up again during that mode. I’m not sure which code version mine has.

#6768 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Deleted Post:
Misread the post and that you were replying to another.

No worries. Just letting him know my drop target on the sanitarium playfield is usually up. I should check my code version, but my pin was fairly recently produced (#702). I’m guessing it’s current, unless we’ve had a recent update.

#6779 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Added a 1979 Ford LTD wagon (can’t find a 78)

Actually, since Michael busted out of Smith’s Grove in late October, 1978, he could have been driving a ‘79 LTD. New model year usually comes out in Sept or so the prior year, right? So, assuming the official use vehicle was brand new (nothing but the best for Michael), it could be a ‘79.

#6786 1 year ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Where will you get the decals??

I’ll make them. My wife is pretty good at making custom target decals. We will zoom in on the image of the logo from the movie, recreate it, print very tiny images on decal paper.

#6799 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s definitely a ‘78. The movie was shot in May 1978, and new cars don’t typically hit the lots until fall. Plus, when the latest Halloween came out they found the car and did an extensive restoration on it. Edit - I see someone posted a video about!

Yep, I agree. Just kidding about it being a new model ‘79 for fall of ‘78. It’s definitely a ‘78 from what I’ve read. The ‘79 is close, but has some slight differences.

2 weeks later
#7003 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

My custom mod for Halloween. It took a lot of work, but well worth it. Now it’s time to play pinball for the rest of the evening instead of working on pinball!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s amazing!!! I want those on mine! Make me some???

#7004 1 year ago

I’m so much less worried about my pins now than in the early days, when I took every glitch personally. Now I accept that some pins will play for months without a single stuck ball, while others will need switches replaced or diodes or whatever. I kept having issues with my right slingshot going out on my BSD, so I finally just replaced the switch and diode. Works 100% again. Lost all sound on my Fish Tales, installed FF speakers, 100% again. My left flipper was glitchy on Halloween last weekend. I couldn’t figure out why. It was glitchy for a game then stopped entirely. I physically checked everything and it seemed fine, turned it back on and it works again. Stuff happens!

#7005 1 year ago

I turned off my shaker on my Halloween (had to physically unhook it, I couldn’t find a setting to turn it off). I find it much more immersive for me when I can focus on the music and the game without the noise of the shaker vibrating everything. The bass adds enough feel for me. I admit, I’m not a shaker guy. I only like them on a few pins and only a subtle amount. Try it without the shaker and see if you agree.

1 week later
#7180 1 year ago

Found the problem with my glitchy left flipper. I figured it was a bad connection somewhere, since it worked fine and then slowly started to fail intermittently. Examining the coil, I could see the glob of solder didn’t look right before I touched it. When I did, the wires moved around freely with the solder attached to them, but not to the coil. Reflowed and all is well.

E8BB5AA6-8DB9-4073-91A8-11C27CDAF5C4 (resized).jpegE8BB5AA6-8DB9-4073-91A8-11C27CDAF5C4 (resized).jpeg
#7230 1 year ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Just finished customizing my game with a kick ass autograph. Me and my son just returned from The Texas Haunters Convention. We met Sandy Johnson (aka Judith Myers from the original 1978 Halloween movie).
Her husband told me that they have a Halloween Pinball on order and should be receiving it soon. I offered our services for setup & maintenance should they ever need it as they live in Fort Worth.
I didn’t realize she was also a Playboy - Playmate of the Month back in 1974. Feel free to look her up as pics are online. She was smokin hot back in the day ..big bush and all
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice autograph, and yup, smokin’ hot and au-naturel, just like Cassandra P… ah, the 70’s.

#7288 1 year ago

My hedge Michael closest to the flippers stopped working. He’s just stuck leaning forward, peeking around the bushes, and won’t go back behind them. Any ideas? Is this a common problem?

Also, does anyone else feel the Judith Myers shot progress should carry over from ball to ball? It doesn’t, right? You have to hit that shot 3 times to qualify the lock, but if you lose a ball, start over again? It’s one of the hardest shots to hit, for me at least. I’ve only locked a ball in there about 3-4 times in about 30 games. Seems like a 2-ball feature like that should be more common. Do other people get that ball lock frequently? A setting to allow progress to carry over would be awesome!

Lastly, when I start a new game quickly while the match segment is playing, I get “missed skill shot” nearly every time. Is a switch being triggered when the drop targets reset or something? If I give the game a few seconds before starting a new game, that doesn’t happen.

#7291 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Happened to me once. I took the glass off and pushed his ass back behind the hedge and he’s worked fine ever since.

I tried that, I pushed him back, he worked again for a few games, then he retired again in the same “peeking” around position. I can’t get him to hide, and it’s just not the same with him being so conspicuous.

#7292 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I thought the Judith lock took like 5 hits no? No clue on progression from ball to ball if it carries over. Also if you hit that after plunge (before activating other switches) it will lock on first hit. Like a special skill shot.

It could be 4 or 5 hits, which feels like a lot. It would be awesome if a setting allowed that to either carry over or be adjustable. I did know the ball locks if hit before any other switch on the plunge. I’ve maybe pulled that off once.

#7294 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I've mentioned this on other posts so sorry for being a weirdo...the Shaker. It is absolutely insane how crazy it gets (waaay to aggressive). My wife like never comes down to pin area but other day she walked down and was like "what is happening with your game?". Haha. My daughter who will play on occasion did the same thing like Dad your Halloween is broken!
Just a minute ago I was in a mode and triggered sanitarium. When the ball went down sanitarium it kind of gets confused and sits in there for a while. That has happened multiple times to the point I want to avoid it if in a mode. Anyway it eventually figures it out and kicks ball out.
Today when it was stuck in there the Shaker went ape shit like normal when that happens but was stuck for like a minute plus. Maybe more. I started to smell that electric burn smell and decided to unplug the Shaker.
Anyone at spooky or on the thread having either issue? Shaker so nuts the whole game seems like it's having an exorcism? Or code confused on sanitarium activated while in a specific mode or multiball?
Neither crazy (besides burn smell), as code improves things like this will go away.
Thanks!!!

I didn’t experience any smoke or smell, but I definitely felt the shaker was stealing the show and spoiling the atmosphere. I unplugged mine.

#7398 1 year ago

Question, is there much care and grooming of the hedges involved? Do they grow rapidly, require frequent trimming, watering, or fertilizing?

#7506 1 year ago

I’m too lazy to read the rules, so can someone explain how you get super jackpots in House? My high score is still just 30 mil, and I’m a fairly moderately reasonably decent player.

#7507 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I was in on a EHoH and followed that thread too. Holy shit after a few months I thought that pin must be the biggest POS ever.

Yep, I have seen those complaints too, mostly about the house rejecting balls and a few other issues. My EHoH is a very early build, Nov 2019, and I’ve had no issues at all. My VUK needed adjusting to correct the ball trajectory, but that was super common. I haven’t had any issues with my Halloween, except the left flipper coil had a detached wire. I reflowed the solder and all fixed. Halloween is an awesome pin and it’s not even fully finished, with more code/content coming. It has masterpiece potential.

1 week later
#7740 1 year ago

What mode(s) trigger “Don’t Fear the Reaper”? I don’t think I’ve heard it yet. Is there enough cowbell?

#7760 1 year ago

There is still no mode for visiting the Rabbit in Red Lounge.

B7D29133-18A9-4184-8A45-2F55DF1A3004 (resized).jpegB7D29133-18A9-4184-8A45-2F55DF1A3004 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8086 1 year ago

Halloween is such a complex, challenging game it asks a lot of casual players. I definitely agree this game is better suited to a dark, quiet room in a home where the music can pull you in fully. All the noise in arcades doesn’t help, and the immersive experience is lost in the arcade atmosphere. Stranger Things is a hugely popular Netflix show, and the game is easy to play the basics, shoot the ramps and hit the gorgon. Halloween has ramps that are obscured, and send the ball up to 2 more playfields where you need to be ready. I’m no Bowen Kerins but I’m much better than the casual players, and Halloween kicks my butt and makes me keep hitting start to do better. Plus, it’s a theme that really isn’t for kids and not everyone likes horror/slasher movies (tho Halloween is pretty tame by modern standards). It’s an awesome game, especially for us pinheads and fans of the genre. But other titles have broad appeal and are aimed at the widest audience, which is what Stern often does. This game might be ranked lower overall because of that, but it’s a top title for those of us who appreciate the uniqueness of it, and have had good luck with reliability and/or customer service.

#8273 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I unfortunately agree with this. It’s pinball. Things will break. You’re going to have to learn it at some point.

I personally feel everyone’s feelings are pretty valid about $8-10k games not working right out of the box. That being said, I was REALLY frustrated in 2017 when I bought just my second ever pin - ghostbusters. It didn’t work from the first plunge. I got a “subway mech error” warning, and although I had a WOZ for a year at that point, I never had to fix any issue at that point. So I called Stern, spoke with Chas (rip), who was very patient, but what he told me was disappointing. He said Stern would mail me parts, and walk me thru it. I felt for $7,200, a new machine should work 100% or they should make it right, not me. But, I replaced a node board, a coil, and he walked me thru it for over an hour. It made me less afraid to raise my playfield and fix something, or learn how. 5 years later I can fix most any problem, solder anything and do some restorations. So, it helps a lot if you can fix your own issues, because they will arise with pinball machines. But I can also understand the frustration of those who aren’t super experienced, and even those who are, with problems out of the box. I had to re-solder a flipper coil on my Halloween, and fix a servo. I usually have something to repair on at least one machine, old or new. I do find solving those problems to be satisfying tho! Keeping these playing 100% and dialed in is a lot of fun, for me.

#8275 1 year ago

Oh, and I also love Halloween, but I notice differences in quality between manufacturers. I’ll just say it that way.
I think you can expect to see a certain level of quality with JJP, CGC, Stern, etc. I love different pins from all of them. But everyone knows true quality died with Bally/Williams. Just kidding! I do love me some 90’s tables tho!

#8360 1 year ago

It’s like going to see Halloween in the theatre in October, 1978 and your soda cup is leaky, your box of Chuckles are all hardened and stuck together, and the movie isn’t properly formatted to fit the screen. You still enjoy it, but come on!

I had some of the same at unboxing. Set screws fell out of topper, living room plastic broke, legs pinching cab decals at corners. Love the game despite all else!

#8407 1 year ago

You guys are really good at this game compared to me! Admittedly, I’ve only put about 40 plays on this table, but I’ve yet to complete most modes. I need to get into this pin more and focus on playing better. Can’t wait for the new code!

#8588 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I hated the dead space on the backglass so I got the BSE backglass.
[quoted image]

I actually prefer the title on the BSE backglass also. I see the issue with the topper and duplicate titles, but I’m considering getting a BSE version also, if possible. And the extra monitor on the apron. Great idea on this title, as there seems to be lots of moments waiting for the ball to sneakily appear from the inlane.

#8625 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

you get the video of Michael slapping/breaking the window from on top of the car

Wrench slap! You can’t see it unless you look for it, but maybe paint the wrench the color of his hand, if it had to be a wrench!

#8633 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

This is the first I noticed that the transistors on this game are surface mount. Yikes.

Is that potentially a problem? I’m not super board savvy.

#8656 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

I'm looking forward to the next software release and hope they get some great animations. I also ordered the apron 5" LED so I can see some of the clips while playing. It ain't a 10 yet but it's close. 55 days till Halloween... Halloween. 55 days till Halloween. Silver Shamrock!

Halloween III: Season of the Witch is the next Spooky after TNA 2.0! I’m already reserving a Tom Atkins edition with Conal Cochran shooter rod. Each pin comes with a piece of Stonehenge! You won’t believe how they did it!

ADC9AEDD-8150-46D3-813C-EC289AA31757 (resized).pngADC9AEDD-8150-46D3-813C-EC289AA31757 (resized).png
#8663 1 year ago

I assume this is a joke...
[quoted image]

Yes. Sadly, it’s just my wishful dreaming. Halloween III, The Thing, The Fog, Creepshow, Friday the 13th. I’ll take any of those!

#8671 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Lift the trace however, and say goodbye.

I don’t know what it means, but I like the phrase!

#8673 1 year ago

It should be printed on t-shirts for techy fashiony people! “Lift the trace…and say goodbye.”

Copyright it!

#8717 1 year ago

How do you open a ticket for fingerprints on the armor?

Thx.

#8736 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Maybe try wiping them off?

No chance. I didn’t pay $9k to have to wipe my game off. Every part of this game that gets the slightest bit dirty will be replaced with new parts, or a completely new machine. Just fyi, I did open a ticket. Spooky is sending a tech with a towel tomorrow. Now that’s service!

#8737 1 year ago

My 3-year-old loves pinball, but Halloween was the only game he wasn’t allowed to play for concern it might give him nightmares. I forgot to cover it up tonight, and he was so excited to play it, we decided to let him try it. He agreed if he got scared, we would turn it off. He loved it. It took him 3-4 games to get the hang of it. He locked a Judith ball, he started Sanitarium mode, and he started battling Michael in the house mode. Crazy how quickly kids learn things!

26DD41C2-0BD4-490F-818E-2346D0F0F1DC (resized).jpeg26DD41C2-0BD4-490F-818E-2346D0F0F1DC (resized).jpeg
#8750 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Probably the shaker motor in the game.

Ahhhh, so that’s why my wife leans against the Halloween cabinet every time I start Sanitarium mode! She said she was trying to get a bird’s eye view.

#8830 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I forgot to mention, Lindsay is also shown watching Forbidden Planet right around when Annie gets stuck in the California laundry shed

Promise you won’t tell anyone about this? She got stuck in the window, she’ll be right here. Hi, Annie, stuck, huh? Alright, cut it out, it could happen to anyone. Sure, stuck in a window.

#8831 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Curious what mods (if any) anyone has added to their game. I’m aware of the Michael/Loomis figures, and already have the Vimtoman house. It’s not like the game needs much but I’m very happy to have a reason to buy Halloween related items!

Did you look at the Neca Halloween II toy set? Includes a Dr. Loomis, Mike, scary pumpkin from the intro, weapons, and plastic fire if you want to set MM on fire. Even includes a Loomis hand with lighter to blow up MM.

76641FE8-E494-49F3-A59E-9DD1ECF13EB2 (resized).png76641FE8-E494-49F3-A59E-9DD1ECF13EB2 (resized).png
#8868 1 year ago

Spooky has been A grade at service for me. Parts, troubleshooting, responsiveness. The best service of any pinball company I’ve dealt with. I’ve dealt with them on my TNA last year and Halloween this year.

P.S. I recommend their long-sleeve Spooky Pinball shirt! Very comfortable and cool styling on the front and sleeve. Get yours today!

#8931 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Payed off my BSE!! I hope I get it before Halloween.
[quoted image]

Go Mike! Dude has moves, especially having been shot 6 times! (7 at the start of Halloween II).

#8949 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

There are thirteen movies about Michael Myers and he is linked with killing almost 90 people. I was wonder how often Michael died? And if he keeps coming back, he was never dead, right? [quoted image][quoted image]

He was beheaded, but he got better.

#8951 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

To be fair they wrote that into the ending originally that Jamie cut off the wrong person's head. She demanded they not use that ending but still filmed it. So they gave her a lot of money to come back in "part 8" and used the footage they filmed all the way back in H20

Well, she’s been thru a lot. It’s hard to keep track of who’s head you are lopping off.

#8976 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You all get that I’m just joking, yes?

You better not be joking. I’ve been snorting rage-hormone powder for the last hour and I’m waiting for it to kick in.

#9046 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Halloween is one of 15 games I currently own. I can assure you this isn’t my first rodeo and the outlets in my house aren’t the issue.
After about a month of ownership, Judith Meyers drop target reset locked on and took out the coil and transistor. Replaced board, same thing happened again 2 months later. Finally got around to put in board number 3 this week and after 3 days of play a transistor randomly let go (for the middle playfield reset) blowing a fuse. On to board number 4…. No controlled lighting. Just swapped back in board number 3 and verified that board number 4 is the issue…
Spooky customer service has been great, but this, the powder coat and so other problems have given real Halloween burnout. Definitely the least reliable NiB game I’ve ever owned.

Wow. That’s really unfortunate and a total downer for sure. It’s crazy to think these boards might be suspect and could just start cooking coils at any time. I’ve been lucky so far with my Halloween. About 100 plays and “no” issues except a cracked living room plastic, a temperamental Michael servo and a flipper coil that needed solder reflowed. Pretty reliable so far, and service is stellar.

#9153 1 year ago

“You’ve fooled them, haven’t you, Michael?
But not me.”

Who can name that scene and why it was filmed?

#9160 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Halloween II TV version. Over 40 minutes of additional content! Filmed by Carpenter himself and then disowned
Poor dog.

Close! Halloween TV version. Extra footage filmed in 1981 during Halloween II. Loomis pleads with Smith Grove to transfer Michael to maximum security. They decline. He tells Michael in May, 1964 “you’ve fooled them, haven’t you? But not me.”

#9175 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Another fun fact about the tv version... there is a scene with Laurie and Linda at Laurie's house, and the interior that was used was actually Nancy's house from A Nightmare on Elm Street!

Yep! I just watched it again today. Linda comes over to Laurie’s house to borrow a “silk blouse.” Later, we know she yells at Bob not to rip the blouse, “it’s expensive, idiot.” Laurie is just out of the shower and wearing a towel on her head, because Jamie Lee Curtis had short hair by 1981. (She wears a pretty obvious wig in HII). The funniest thing is Linda, who looked pretty old for high school in 1978, is wearing pigtails and looking around 30 years old by 1981. She says she saw the station wagon again, the one that followed them after school. She’s pretty sure it’s Steve Todd! Totally!

#9202 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s MUCH better than Halloween Kills, which was kind of made up on the spot. David and Danny turned it into a nice tribute to Halloween II which was pretty cool, but overall, not a necessary movie. Ends was the plan the whole time. Some nice Carpenter nods at the beginning, and then it’s a well paced, modern (not a copy, mind you) version of the original

Halloween Kills should have been called

“(Hey, Jerk): Speed Kills”

#9274 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Gotta say, with the lights off and the volume cranked up, Alien is absolutely brilliant! If this is anywhere near as good (and I'm pretty sure it will be) I'm gonna be one happy dude.

I’ve owned them both, and I agree Alien is highly immersive with a creepy, intense atmosphere. I feel Halloween is easily as immersive, with near perfect theme integration. And the gameplay is better on Halloween, imho.

#9314 1 year ago

I love John Carpenter and The Thing has always been my #2 fav right behind Halloween. Maybe more like 1A and 1B. The atmosphere in The Thing is so relentlessly ominous, from the opening titles and the absolutely brilliant minimalist sound designed by Ennio Morricone. I would almost call The Thing a masterpiece, from the location shoot to the casting to the plot. Maybe a bit too excessive a celebration of slimy gore, but it’s still a lot of fun.

#9336 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

#955 unboxed,up and running. Plays perfect right out of the box.It’s more of an experience then a game. Lol! The build is incredible. Lots to learn that’s for sure. It was definitely worth the wait. Looks like Spooky added some light diffusion and protection for the LED’s. I didn’t see this before. Well done Spooky!!! Amazing pinball machine you’ve created. Through bolted to the floor.
BTW the butter cab is worth ever penny. Spectacular!!!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man, the artwork on this machine is just killer. This has to be among the very best art packages on any pin. And I like the Jack-o-lantern start button, but the stock blue button that looks like moonlit trees is awesome.

#9434 1 year ago

Halloween is definitely a hard game for newbies/casual players. Godzilla and many others are probably better suited to a broader audience. Nothing wrong w that, we want pins like Halloween that is both challenging and deep, with more things to reach for. Imagine if all pins were as easy to play as Cactus Canyon!

#9512 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Where’s the best spot to connect Polk subwoofer ?

To the bottom of a Tron pro or LE. It really thumps!

#9570 1 year ago

There should always be music going on though. And most targets produce a sound

He should try Swords of Fury. Talk about immediate audio gratification. Everything produces a sound, including constant sword woooshes for every flipper flip. It’s a lot!

#9571 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Nice lineup. [quoted image]

Oooooo you got the basement ready for Halloween season! I gotta come over soon. I’m gonna host a spooky Halloween pinball night too. I’ll letcha know when.

#9580 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Waiting on a killer Halloween code update like:
[quoted image]

Mr. Riddle launders ALOT of sheets and linens. He’s very active for 87. Probably all he can do.

#9597 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm hoping it's only a matter of time...
[quoted image]

My wife makes really creative drop and stand up target decals. I love the 3 from Halloween III suggested above. I’m going to have her make some sheets of them on decal paper. I’ll post pics, and if some people want some, I’ll mail you some. They won’t take up the entire face of the target, maybe 2/3 of it, so the light should still show around the borders. Here are some she made for my BSD, FT and WH2O.

8A8ED05E-05AE-4DEC-B88C-A07FE0274FF1 (resized).jpeg8A8ED05E-05AE-4DEC-B88C-A07FE0274FF1 (resized).jpeg53ABA783-4DF2-44E4-A44C-5FC26C507D03 (resized).png53ABA783-4DF2-44E4-A44C-5FC26C507D03 (resized).png1EC1BBAF-9702-4843-B103-7FA06FB94341 (resized).png1EC1BBAF-9702-4843-B103-7FA06FB94341 (resized).png36669D47-12C8-4646-A784-7973F33320A0 (resized).png36669D47-12C8-4646-A784-7973F33320A0 (resized).pngDDAFDB16-90F7-4EA5-BD59-8FF7F5B1912A (resized).pngDDAFDB16-90F7-4EA5-BD59-8FF7F5B1912A (resized).png
#9613 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Looking for owner feedback here.
Is anyone disappointed with the house mod?
Would you say it's a must-have mod?
I have not seen one in person. One guy I know says it's cool.

House mod is first-rate. Adds much to the presentation and looks like it was always part of the game design. Custom vids are fantastic. I can’t imagine the game without it now.

#9627 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No way I can think of to fix this though.

So here was my solution. I use those little rectangle grey (or black) target cushions, and place one (or two) between the front of the house on the far right and the brown molding it sits behind. I also use a thick 2-sided tape under the house, but only along the front edge of the house so it tips back a bit. It’s kept mine upright, in place and the windows visible during gameplay for weeks.

1764DD9F-421D-4D99-843E-F555A746C364 (resized).jpeg1764DD9F-421D-4D99-843E-F555A746C364 (resized).jpeg

#9641 1 year ago

My BSE backglass arrived! I like the title on the glass, but I see how people find it duplicative. But I’ll downsize to low ceilings someday when I’m retired and I get shorter, so I’ll prob lose the topper.

4FF02E03-F517-4CC8-9709-26E2B9212BE0 (resized).jpeg4FF02E03-F517-4CC8-9709-26E2B9212BE0 (resized).jpeg724479FF-9174-4859-927A-CA2552FD02F1 (resized).jpeg724479FF-9174-4859-927A-CA2552FD02F1 (resized).jpeg
#9647 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Also, what causes a drop target to only fall halfway down?

Low libido.

#9718 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

Set up in dining room for spooky season. Can’t wait for the new code but so fun already.
[quoted image]

That is a very interesting room! I could see a seance happening there.

#9920 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm hoping it's only a matter of time...
[quoted image]

Some Halloween III prototype decals for the 3 drops, and some larger alternates for the other drops. The Judith tombstones are designed to be applied over the top of the target. Should have sheets of them later this week. 22 more days til Halloween…

6FCDF7F8-12FD-4565-B75E-96A1170FF83F (resized).jpeg6FCDF7F8-12FD-4565-B75E-96A1170FF83F (resized).jpeg

#9921 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Some Halloween III prototype decals for the 3 drops, and some larger alternates for the other drops. The Judith tombstones are designed to be applied over the top of the target. Should have sheets of them later this week. 22 more days til Halloween…
[quoted image]

#9929 1 year ago

I’m happy to mail these to those who would like a set.

These are the first run version. I may improve them. They are printed on a clear decal that is fairly thick, like mylar.

Easy to apply without taking the drops off. Just power on the game and press start to pop up the 3 targets. Power off. Place your finger behind each drop and hold them forward (press backward and they will drop!). Apply the decals near the top edge and center.

B398B71E-A3CA-4095-9E82-E2CC1588AAE1 (resized).pngB398B71E-A3CA-4095-9E82-E2CC1588AAE1 (resized).pngCE622125-575F-4F40-A1DE-E62E2D88D168 (resized).jpegCE622125-575F-4F40-A1DE-E62E2D88D168 (resized).jpeg
#9931 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

about a guy that's brutally murdered dozens of people

In fairness to Michael, he probably only murdered 5 people by the end of Halloween. And a dog.

#9943 1 year ago

He killed 4 and the dog.

5. Judith, jumpsuit/garage dude in the weeds, and 3 “teenagers.” And probably 2 dogs. The Wallace’s and the one he ate.

#9968 1 year ago
Quoted from Zek_Pinball:

I would also love a set of these for my machine.

PM me and I’ll send you a set.

#10005 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

No one is up in arms

I agree, no one is up in arms, but Open Arms by Journey is a great make out song. Let’s at least acknowledge that much.

#10009 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Yes
At least that’s what it says in the website and warranty language.

Spooky has great customer service and is generally very responsive to replacing parts and helping fix issues. If a defect or failure is due to a mod, sure, it’s a problem. Otherwise, if you open a ticket, I’m sure Spooky will respond to your problem, and won’t demand a list of all your installed mods to date.

#10086 1 year ago

Nearly ready! “These decals haven’t been thru final processing yet…”

Contact me if you haven’t already if you need these for your 3 center drops!

Due to the long list, we are suggesting a $10 donation via PayPal for 2 sets of decals (includes shipping.) PM me for details by tomorrow if possible!

If you’ve already given me your name and address I’ve gotcha. I’ve gotcha.

Thanks.

7DE29183-1EC3-4674-977F-26B678C7E124 (resized).jpeg7DE29183-1EC3-4674-977F-26B678C7E124 (resized).jpeg
#10097 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Where’s my decals??!![quoted image]

*We do expect delays with Covid, USPS limitations and also the shipper is on the lazy side. But, we guarantee you will have them when they arrive!

#10111 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys - just saw the movie.
Really really disappointing.
No spoilers but wow - the decisions they made and the dynamic bw Michael and Cory. I just can’t believe they decided to do this and basically ruin the trilogy. I liked 18, I thought kills wasn’t that bad but this? Terrible
This no spoiler review basically summarizes all of my thoughts as well. What were they thinking.
Laurie was still awesome though. And the first 20 min were great Then downhill
Thank God this pinball is based on the original

Long live ‘78 and II and III are fun too. Most of the rest I can personally live without. H20 isn’t bad and 2018 was pretty decent. But the simplicity of ‘78 never gets old.

#10182 1 year ago

Halloween III: The Decals went out this morning for the first 30 orders. The rest will go out on Monday. Thanks for your patience, everyone! Just fyi, we are trying to find the best material for durability. Mylar is the best so far, but does produce some tiny bubbles. If your targets don’t look 100% awesome, message me and I’ll replace them.

#10187 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Two things:
1) Halloween Ends. I really liked it, but I also totally get why many didn’t.
2) I just got back from Son of Monsterpalooza in Burbank, where I met some of the cast members from Halloween (though Sandy Johnson was the only one I hadn’t met before). I brought my backglass with me.
Before I even got in to the show, a dude (fellow Pinsider, perhaps?) chatted with me for a bit and said he’s got CE #3 at home. Awesome!!!
Another dude walked by, pointed at the backglass and said, “Hey! I know that guy!” I looked up at him, and it was Anthony Michael Hall. Haha.
First up when I got in was Nick Castle. Super nice guy. He recognized it immediately, and said “Somebody’s got a pinball machine!!!” He said he’s played it a handful of times and really digs it.
[quoted image]
Next was Tommy Lee Wallace. He was funny because I had a spot picked out for him and he said, “Have you ever seen my signature? It’s huge! How about at the bottom?” Deal.
[quoted image]
After that was Sandy Johnson. She was incredibly sweet… and I spaced on getting a photo with her because I’m dumb.
That was it for yesterday. Then this morning, I chatted with PJ Soles. She obviously recognized what it was, and told me that she recorded her callouts in a hotel room, and was worried that security was going to get called on her for screaming.
[quoted image]
I went with silver for the signatures. I’m really happy with how it turned out:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Bonus photos!! I also met Tom Atkins (who I’ve met a few times) and Stacey Nelkin (first time) from Halloween III. Both were incredibly awesome.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
They signed my original Halloween III poster, which I got signed by Tommy Lee Wallace as well. I also have John Carpenter and Dick Warlock on it, who I’ve met at other shows.
[quoted image]
If you want to hear more about the show, we’re going to cover it on my horror podcast in a couple of weeks (our Halloween episode, which will be out on 10/31). I’ll talk a bit about each person, along with some travel stories (like why I dialed 911 on my way home). Search “The Swearwolves” wherever you listen to podcasts, or check us out on YouTube (I have some video of the show) if that sounds like something you may dig. Parental warning: like our name suggests, we swear a lot.

Awesome people from some awesome movies! Thanks for sharing.

#10220 1 year ago

My high score is almost 59 million and I was so damn proud that I listed it in High Scores and it's currently #7. The very next game I scored 5 million and I was humbled very quickly. What a great and frustrating game.

Great score. I am a decent player (I’m #2 on CCr and #5 on MMr classic). I can barely reach 20 mil on Halloween! I can start all 3 main multiball modes pretty consistently, and I can defeat Michael and hit the ball up the stairs. But I’m not good at getting through modes and I’ve never reached Boogieman or heard Don’t Fear the Reaper.

#10225 1 year ago

Speaking of Don’t Fear the Reaper by Blue Öyster Cult, have you guys seen X, the Ti West horror flick released early this year? Pretty darn good movie with Texas Chainsaw vibes. And a gruesome use of Don’t Fear the Reaper…

#10251 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I've found that 2nd playfield/Sanitarium left flipper to be underpowered, very difficult to get a shot into the upper right drain

I have the same experience with mine. Plenty of power to shoot the drop target and scoop, but the upper right drain, when lit, is very difficult to make.

#10462 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Does anyone else's machine have a no-skill Judith Myers skill shot? If I do a full plunge with no flipping, the ball rolls from the orbit, hits the left flipper, then right flipper, and then bounces right into the ball lock. I may upgrade the shooter rod spring to something stiffer to eliminate the cheap skill shot.

Yep, this isn’t a sure thing on mine, but probably 50% of the time, if I don’t touch anything and let the ball auto-plunge (usually when I’m multi-tasking or helping my kiddo with something), I hear the ball lock and I find it in the Judith lock. Pretty cool!

#10463 1 year ago

Boo!

Just fyi, second run of Halloween III drop target decals are going out tomorrow. Thanks for your patience. We had to buy more mylar. . If you gave me your name and mailing address and weren’t in the first batch, you’ll receive yours this week.

A3C1C2EB-44D5-48D1-BD8E-2029B65B4B45 (resized).jpegA3C1C2EB-44D5-48D1-BD8E-2029B65B4B45 (resized).jpeg

#10487 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Interesting, good to know! Thanks!

Yep, it was mine that recently went down, all servos out. It’s a 3A fuse, as BrianBannon noted above. It on the large red board near the bottom/right. The board is marked “servo fuse” or something like that. Pull out the little black plastic housing, and the fuse pops out. Looks like this…

08038D0E-CDB8-4FB0-8A47-081838E484D8 (resized).png08038D0E-CDB8-4FB0-8A47-081838E484D8 (resized).png8FF5D3D2-B1B4-41DA-8734-D821C2E2CB8C (resized).jpeg8FF5D3D2-B1B4-41DA-8734-D821C2E2CB8C (resized).jpeg

#10499 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Am I the only one that thinks 3 amp sounds crazy high for 3 little servos?

Actually all the servos went out when I blew that fuse. There are several more servos in addition to the 3 peeking Michaels. The lift motors that deliver the ball under the slings, and a few more. You can test all of them in servo test. It was user error that caused mine to blow, I think I installed a replacement servo backwards. Easy to replace at least!

#10501 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

More curious ( concerned) as to what made the fuse blow....

Mine was user error. I replaced a Michael servo and attached the wire connector backwards. Works perfectly now!

#10521 1 year ago

Halloween III target decals (2nd batch), went out yesterday. 25 more people including the Canadian requests, in addition to the first 30 people last week. The second batch we printed on a different decal paper, and they turned out great. So feel free to hit me up for free extras if you were part of the first batch.

Thanks for all the interest!

5 more days till Halloween…

889F0345-C5D1-498E-809F-6FD61E7E8E0F (resized).jpeg889F0345-C5D1-498E-809F-6FD61E7E8E0F (resized).jpeg11CE0A2E-CBC9-470F-A779-D12AAA6BD899 (resized).jpeg11CE0A2E-CBC9-470F-A779-D12AAA6BD899 (resized).jpeg
#10537 1 year ago
Quoted from jb007gd:

Hey! I'm in the second batch; is the Judith Myers decal part of the assortment?

Yep! And I had forgotten there isn’t a decal on that lock drop target at all. So I should have included 2 of those tombstone decals. I think I sent most people one. If you’d like a couple extra, just message me!

I just noticed Judith was only 15 (going on 16) at the time of her hanky-panky and death. Seems a bit young for that! Especially knowing who she really was at that time, a 20-something Playboy model! Carpenter couldn’t make her 17-18? Perv!

#10541 1 year ago

June 1974 Playmate of the Month!
[quoted image]

What a beauty!

#10589 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well, cool. Spooky must have a larger team than I thought. Not sure how staffing works in pinball - are all these guys full time?

3 days a week is standard in the pinball industry unless their contract is set to 5. Extra days can also be earned.

#10636 1 year ago

Batch #3 of the Halloween III: Season of The Target Decals went out today. Anyone who requested them the past few days were shipped today.

3 more days till Halloween!

488B4C7E-89F5-4256-A9AF-1172499DF1BC (resized).jpeg488B4C7E-89F5-4256-A9AF-1172499DF1BC (resized).jpeg
#10645 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

There is a lot of talk on this thread about how great Halloween is and why it isn't rated higher. I like my game too but it isn't my go to or my favorite game in my collection. So I started to formulate why. All my games are high end except one ore two. This kinda levels the playing field by making Halloween not the shiny "look at me" thing in my game room.
Games I play more:
The Shadow, Star Gazer, Sacred Stiff, Bride of Pinbot and Twilight Zone.
Games I like better but play less for some reason: Elvira House of Horrors and Haunted House
This puts Halloween kinda in the middle of my 14 pin collection. I think the biggest reason for this is because it is soooooo task oriented. The flip it around just for fun factor isn't there. When I walk up to Halloween, I get the feeling like it is time to go to work and stop Michael Myers. It is fun and stressful at the same time. That is what Spooky was going for and that is what they did. I also think Halloween is Spooky's best game so I am not knocking it in any way. I was curious where others put Halloween in there collection if they had to rack and stack thier personal pins.

I feel pretty much the same way about my Halloween. I have go-to pins I love to flip regardless of score or how far I get. I tend to play TZ, FT, TOTAN, GB and EHoH. I also really enjoy shooting The Shadow, CV, SS and BSD. For goal-oriented challenges, Halloween requires the most focus. LOTR and Tron are goal oriented, but less intense. It’s a solid entry for sure, but the theme is the draw for me, being one of my very fav movies. For me, the theme, art, music and immersion make it a keeper.

#10657 1 year ago
Quoted from smoke20:

John then created the iconic sound using 5/4 time. After adding the soundtrack, he invited the same Producers to watch again. Their reaction was completely different, "Wow! Scary."

I can see why! Other than the opening 5 mins which capture poor Judith’s demise via Steadicam, followed by Michael’s escape, Halloween is a pretty slow burn for the next 35-40 mins. Even the murders of the three fresh-faced teens is pretty tame by horror standards with almost zero blood. But that score! When Halloween started appearing on network tv every year on Halloween around 1980 or 81, I was terrified by the music and opening credits alone. I wasn’t allowed to watch the rest, which only fueled my imagination more. It was years later before I could watch it without severe anxiety. Then it became my all-time favorite horror movie, with The Thing a close 2nd.

#10678 1 year ago

We had a Halloween party last night and Halloween was definitely one of the hits of the evening. It got played pretty much nonstop. No issues.
Here’s me and the better half:
[quoted image]

There’s a storm hitting us in six hours, and we’re gonna find out who’s who.

#10814 1 year ago

This was yesterday afternoon. I've had worse Halloweens...
[quoted image]

If he was an imitation, a perfect imitation, how would you know if it was really him?

#10867 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Wife decorating for Christmas today. Tis the season, I’m a giver

Early start!

I agree with most people about the art, it’s really impressive and original, not at all a photoshop cut/paste like it could have been. That said, I also agree with those who have minor squabbles about some details on the playfield. Some of the faces of the young ladies aren’t a home-run for me, and I can’t tell what the art is supposed to be on the standup targets. But again, nitpicky things. I give the cabinet art an A. It’s stellar. I give the playfield art an A-, still very, very good.

#10986 1 year ago

The final sets of Halloween III drop targets are going out tomorrow. We ended up sending out over 70 sets! Thanks to everyone who reached out and wanted them. If anyone has issues with them, just message me.

I’m working on a Strode Realty sign for the front of the house mod, and a Haddonfield, IL sign. I’ll post some pics soon.

#11144 1 year ago

For those 2X clear coat experts, is there any trick to evenly applying to the lock bar and rails? To quote Robert Downey Jr. from Tropic Thunder…you got any tips?

Thanks!

#11228 1 year ago

Don’t forget to leave the key under the mat.

2FBE80F4-B2B2-4464-8598-74CA273DE537 (resized).jpeg2FBE80F4-B2B2-4464-8598-74CA273DE537 (resized).jpeg
#11235 1 year ago

I think I’ll add a few little bushes on the front left and right sides of the house. Something for Loomis to hide out in waiting for Michael.

52701349-F32E-4ED9-AC1F-33A868CDA6A2 (resized).png52701349-F32E-4ED9-AC1F-33A868CDA6A2 (resized).png
1 week later
#11380 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Walking Dead (and Metallica) should be the example for most machines.
However - they both have something this game doesn’t. An obvious (to everyone) thing (or two) to bash away at.
That’s why a bash toy is great. It shows any Joe Blow what to do. Hit me. Hit me more. Lights flash. Sounds come out. Things happen.
Games like HW/UM - things aren’t that obvious.
So a lot more explanation is needed. Via visual cues and audio cues.
The player who is familiar with the rules can double flip and the info disappears.
But I think (personally) that when you step up to a machine for the first time, it should be reasonably clear what you need to do.
That’s why Lyman games were so good. You had that simple layer for the everyday player - then more layers underneath for the more advanced player. But even those layers (like crank it up in Metallica) aren’t beyond the average player.
That’s where a lot of the other rules guys/programmers go wrong IMO. What’s the point in making modes and wizard modes that only 5 people in the world can ever get to? That’s pretty dumb IMO. Turns me off playing the game.
rd

When I was just getting started in the hobby I played a Metallica pro at the Pyramid Scheme in Grand Rapids, and after one game I knew I had to have it. I ordered a NIB pro with the metal speaker panel and all LEDs in early 2018 for $5800 or so, including delivery. I had zero issues out of the box and loved that game so much. It’s pretty much a perfect music pin. Great code, fun metal ramps, awesome bash toy, cool snake lock, in-line drops! (Love them), and terrific art. Plus, anyone can walk up to MET and enjoy it. I only let it leave because I was offered a trade I couldn’t refuse. I’ve been looking for a premium or LE ever since. Still a top 10 pin for me.

#11403 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Those movie clips are gonna be looking much nicer, and there may even be some new ones. Keep an eye out for them

Can’t wait! Is it super easy to update code on Halloween? Can someone give me the skinny walk thru?

#11404 1 year ago

Awesome!! Just give me Scooby Doo and I can die a happy man!!

I think SD is a perfect pinball theme. It’s got campy, cool monsters. It’s got great art. The characters are pretty nicely defined. The code has potential with individual monster modes, basically taking the player thru season 1 beginning with the black knight ghost. Collect Scooby snacks, unmask villains. Seems like a broad enough theme too. Throw in some custom flirty banter between Fred and the ladies and it’s a done deal. Can we?

#11414 1 year ago

Did Spooky announce Scooby Doo? Could that be possible after posting about how awesome it would be last night?

#11416 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes, there’s a trailer posted. 100% legit WITH actual voice actors from the cast

So cool!

#11440 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Does everyone think the demand for this machine will go up once this new code hits this Thursday? This is my first new box machine and may never let it go. I wonder if this will drive the price up a bit.

Yep. Major code updates throughout recent pinball history have changed public opinion and raised values. GB, GOTG, BM66, Hobbit, EHoH…lots of examples. One catch, all those pins are more “user friendly” to casual players, and aren’t as scary/dark. Nevertheless, if this update has considerable content, expanded code and bug fixes, this pin is going to benefit. I think the biggest impact will be for us diehard owners who love this pin. It’s about to get even better!

1 week later
#11968 1 year ago
Quoted from pseudonimh:

Twice I hit the center target and the knife is not blue anymore I think it's been removed. They need to bring that back

Why remove that? If they did intentionally remove that, it’s puzzling. It’s not like it’s too easy and counts as a cheat. I’ve only achieved that twice, both accidental, where I dropped the center target and then split the other two and started the house battle. (My drops are stubborn and often stay up with direct hits. They fall easier with soft or glancing shots). I haven’t loaded the new code and it sounds like maybe I shouldn’t. So the new code described as adding lots more movie clips and content is still coming? Or is this the big code update?

#11986 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I have my Rick and Morty and Ultraman hooked up to a Wi-Fi outlet so I can turn them on a few minutes before I even get up to play. $20 will solve the waiting problem.

They take so long to boot up these days it’s not even worth waiting anymore.

#12090 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I know there's an absolute stellar game bubbling under here with some really tight code.

Agree. The bones are solid, the layout is terrific. Even the 1.08 code is pretty darn good. If they put together a stellar update with the remaining content and polish up the modes, Halloween can be spectacular.

3 weeks later
#12378 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’ll take it. 30 million on the first ball and I actually didn’t piss it down my leg.
[quoted image]

Well I was eating lunch at the D.L.G.
When this little girl came and she sat next to me
Never seen nobody move the way she did
Well she did and she does and she'll do it again

-Jack Johnson

#12379 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I remember owning a Hobbit for a long time prior to that HUGE update which fixed and added so much. It just takes time. Yes, we’ve already waited a long time. I wouldn’t complain if some of the 1.09 bugs are fixed sooner than later but we’ve all seen this movie before. Hobbit was 2 years later! We just gotta wait. Nobody mention POTC.

I remember Hobbit. I added one (the last nib I could find) right after the huge code dump. It changed alot of minds about that game. The depth of modes was bonkers, if the playfield layout didn’t bother you. GB was a loooong wait too. 2+ years if I’m correct. That also had a huge impact on how that game played, and was valued. I’ll keep Halloween until they get ALL the content into it. There really is no other option for Spooky. They are well aware that unless UM and Halloween are completed, it will have a lasting impact on later titles. Themes and playfields are great, but we needs all the codes!

#12423 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Most cars have 4 wheels too…

Not my Infinity. I tried rolling with 3 to save money. Didn’t work AT ALL.

5D228068-DCF5-45D9-BEE1-0E8C6827BD16 (resized).jpeg5D228068-DCF5-45D9-BEE1-0E8C6827BD16 (resized).jpeg
#12424 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

When you quote just this part of the song, it is quite disturbing.

Very disturbing. But that’s Jack Johnson. Dude is so riské he did the music for Curious George.

1 week later
#12483 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Make sure the volume on the amp inside the machine in turned down and adjust other setting on the amp to personal preference. Mine and others had the volume cranked on the amp and made the pin sound like complete garbage. Fixed that and things are pretty good. A bit later I added a Polk external sub and that is next level with the base in this theme. Some inconsistent audio levels could be improved between callouts but it’s not too bad. I do really wish Spooky removed the low bass from Loomis callouts so they didn’t go through the sub at all. Other than that I think it sounds really good and the and external sub really helps with this theme/mood.

Can you share how you connected your Polk sub? I have a couple Polk subs I use on Stern pins, one sounds amazing on my Tron, but the one I hooked up to LOTR never was right. I just use speaker wire and piggyback onto the existing sub in the cabinet. Is there a better way? Thanks!

#12495 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Here is a link to my post with step by step instructions/photo. Polk subs have their own built in amp and setting controls so it is generally best practice to connect it earlier in the chain than the pins amp.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/118#post-6926217

Thanks! I ordered the 3.5 dual male plugs and the 3.5 Y splitter. Same thing Jakers suggested above. Like $20 plus the Polk sub. But some pins really beg for the extra sub power!

2 weeks later
#12613 1 year ago

I love the art on the backglass, but also wanted to try a “classic” 1978 title card translite on my Halloween. Had this made. I didn’t specify to keep the art closer to the middle with a border (better aspect ratio or something), but it’s still a decent result. I used to be afraid even to see the pumpkin on the title card when I was young. That Jack-o-lantern ain’t right. The problem is when the light is on behind it the original art shows through, even with it turned around. Maybe I can black it out with paper or some other trick. I’m sure some people will say ewww and others might like it! Variety is spicy, so they say!

8FE27133-EAAD-4C59-84A7-B5811EB90EC9 (resized).jpeg8FE27133-EAAD-4C59-84A7-B5811EB90EC9 (resized).jpeg997FC79B-929E-4F16-B0C5-71C20788244B (resized).jpeg997FC79B-929E-4F16-B0C5-71C20788244B (resized).jpeg

#12662 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

Adjusted rod, bent the bars a bit. Lines up w shroud and power is perfect. I truly appreciate you guys being so available to address this.
[quoted image]

Nicely done. Looks good now. Things were bent out of shape somehow, but looks correct now.

#12663 1 year ago
Quoted from runpaulone:

The dealer strikes me as reputable, but who knows where this really came from.

Dealer said, “it’s basically new…(trailing off)…we did use it to prop open the warehouse overhead door for a few months, but we put a pool noodle between there.”

Just kidding. Looks like you fixed the shooter issue. But the above comments are right, check everything now to be sure. Enjoy your game!

3 weeks later
#12990 1 year ago

I elected not to install 1.09 after reading about all the frustration. Is the consensus that the latest update is worth installing? Are there sacrifices or glitches that make it debatable? Just wondering. I don’t mind the current code I’m running. Few glitches and it has the center drop target shortcut to the house mode. Did that survive in this update?

#13014 1 year ago

my daughters brain surgery is on the 1st. Want her to play it before because don’t know what the recovery is going to be like.

Best of luck with her procedure and speedy recovery. I’m sure that is a worry. Hope it all goes very smoothly.

#13027 1 year ago

I really appreciate that, thank you so much. Up to this point she has been healthy with no issues like my other children. She’s only 15 and having constant headaches, nausea, difficulty sleeping, and no appetite.

15. Too young for all that. Hope this goes well. Sorry about your other kids too. Now that I’m a parent, I know how helpless it feels to have a sick kid.

4 months later
#15275 9 months ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

anyone have insight on what could be causing my right flipper to go in and out of working? just started happening

I had my left flipper start failing intermittently, then completely. It was the wire connected to the flipper coil, the solder failed and it detached. I re-flowed the solder and reconnected it. No issues since. Just one possibility.

#15276 9 months ago

As a matter of fact, it was.

IMG_2270 (resized).jpegIMG_2270 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#15327 8 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Got my second set of metal back from the powder guy. Grainy brown with orange speckle, and still textured. Breccia Design. Came out pretty sweet.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great choice. That’s perfect for Halloween.

#15330 8 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Thanks. That’s what I thought. A darker color seems to make the rest of the game pop. The original gold-ish color just seems to blend with everything, even looking from the apron to the playfield.
And like everything, it looks even better in person.
I was initially going to go with Illusion Cherry, but I didn’t want it to resemble my home build at all.
[quoted image]

Love the art on the home build pf.

#15356 8 months ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Whose the go to for all these beautifully redone powder coating jobs? I’m probably going to copy you guys. I like the blood red one the most.

Steve at Pinball Refinery in Michigan and Robert Stone in Ohio (I believe) are both first-rate. Both of them know several popular options for each title. I live in MI so I use Steve, he’s done several pins of mine. Always happy. The burnt root beer color on this title looks great. Several good options.

#15358 8 months ago

This is Prismatic Illusion Root Beer. I borrowed the photo from John C. in Colorado.

IMG_3298 (resized).jpegIMG_3298 (resized).jpeg
#15397 8 months ago

I don’t think I’ve even cracked 30M.
I played about 5-6 games tonight and my scores were between 2M and 18M. I love this game, but I stink at it.

Same here. I only play 2-3 games every few days, but I’m usually around 10-15m. I can start House MB, and Hedge, and Sanitarium. Maybe finish a mode or two. I can blow up some other games, but Halloween is my kryptonite.

#15407 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I never got this far before amazing game
Hands hurt !
[quoted image]

Nice progress, Mo! Better than I do.

#15410 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yo bro, you need more cowbell!

I never thought of that! Thanks, Mo!

1 week later
#15447 8 months ago

These little Strode Realty signs are pretty easy to make. Print image, crop it small and tape to cardboard backing, then cover with clear tape or mylar, make a post (I use a Qtip I cut), hot glue it to post and a little base (I use the little bases that come in a bag of little plastic trees). Don’t forget to leave the key under the mat at the Myers house!

IMG_5502 (resized).jpegIMG_5502 (resized).jpeg
#15591 7 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I yell DTEB when my wife starts pestering me.

Not YOUR sweet wife! Plus, your gameroom is pester-proof.

#15606 7 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” - A. Einstein

I always liked that quote but felt it was backwards. Shouldn’t it be “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane”? The way it’s written, it seems like it’s the very definition of insanity. But, who am I to doubt Einstein? That would be crazy! Plus I think he was simply being witty. My high school physics teacher was a dead ringer for Einstein, and he enjoyed it. He had a poster of Albert on the wall by the chalkboard and would often have his picture taken in front of it. It was pretty funny.

1 week later
#15666 7 months ago

I’m not a fan of winter at all, but I do love autumn and my favorite holiday is coming next month…

IMG_7989 (resized).jpegIMG_7989 (resized).jpeg
#15676 7 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

Not a bad theory. So Michael had the beta test mask when he was 6yrs old? Season of the Witch really started on Oct 31st, 1963.
[quoted image]

Yep. When poor Judith was only 15 years old. Come on John C, you perv.

#15678 7 months ago
Quoted from F__U:

And if you have more than 1 please pm me also.

I have an orange one. PM me.

#15684 7 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ew. Luckily the actress was 24

Quoted from Morgoth00:

And in Playboy 4 years before that.

Yep x 2. Sandy Johnson. Stunningly beautiful. No wonder her bf was only upstairs 58 seconds.

IMG_8308 (resized).jpegIMG_8308 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#15771 7 months ago

SprayMax 2k today on my lock bar and rails. 2 coats seemed to do it. I’m guessing you can have too little or too much clear. This was my first experience with it and it was pretty easy to use.

IMG_9066 (resized).jpegIMG_9066 (resized).jpegIMG_9068 (resized).jpegIMG_9068 (resized).jpegIMG_9070 (resized).jpegIMG_9070 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#15818 7 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Hey guys, I went to the CT Horrorfest convention this past weekend and I brought along my Halloween Backglass to have the Halloween cast sign it!
I was able to meet Nick Castle (OG Michael Myers), PJ Soles (Lynda) John Michael Graham, (Bob) & Nancy Loomis (Annie). They were all very nice and gracious and they all appeared to be excited to see the Backglass! Jonathan Graham said he had never seen one before, and I had to explain to him that there was a Pinball machine made about the movie, he took out his personal cell phone to have his manager snap a few pics of it (!!), As did Nick Castle's manager and Nancy Loomis' as well. PJ Soles was excited to see it as well, she started telling me the story of the pooky crew setting up a recording studio in her hotel room to do call outs and she was getting worried about the other people in the hotel calling the cops because of all the screaming! Her manager couldn't have had more praise for the Spooky guys, he said they were really great to work with and they enjoyed every minute of it.
Charles Cyphers (Sheriff Brackett) had to cancel at the last minute so unfortunately I wasn't able to meet him and I'm hoping to get a few more sigs on this thing in the near future!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So cool! You met Bob, who had one of the best moments in horror, getting pinned to the door with a very long knife. Then Michael shows his most imaginative side, dressing up as ghost-Bob. Nick Castle directed Mr. Wrong too, which is one of my wife’s favs. It’s funnier than it got credit for. Bill Pullman is pretty funny as Whitman Crawford, especially his hilarious poem.

#15826 7 months ago

October the 13th. It’s a shame the crossover world staged Freddy versus Jason instead of Jason versus Michael Myers. Talk about an even matchup. Both have extreme strength. Both are susceptible to injury but not death. Both are usually plodding and slow. Both are clever and innovative. Both usually wear masks.

I give Michael a slight edge. Jason is a bit of a momma’s boy.

#15829 7 months ago

Just be glad Michael Vs Pinhead didn't happen. And yes the script called it Helloween. It was very close to happening several times.

Wow, that’s crazy. Now the callout “Michael Myers is in hell!” makes more sense to me.
I can’t see that plot making much sense at all, but that didn’t stop Freddy v Jason. Now if they make Chucky v The Thing, that’s just guaranteed cinema gold.
Or, It v Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Or, The Blob v The Stuff. Lol

#15850 6 months ago

In the spirit of the season, I made a ghost Bob for my Halloween. I used a storm trooper as a stand-in for Michael.

IMG_0953 (resized).jpegIMG_0953 (resized).jpeg
#15875 6 months ago

I got back late last night from the H45 convention in Pasadena. I had a blast, met a ton of great people from the entire franchise, and got some more signatures added to my backglass from people from the original film. The new additions are John Michael Graham (“Bob”), Will Sandin (“Michael Myers - age 6”), Brent LePage (“Lonnie”) and Mickey Yablans (“Richie”).
[quoted image]
Here’s some more Halloween-related stuff that I got signed. Most of these are posters I’ve been adding signatures to over time, but this weekend helped put a good dent in a lot of them:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
John Carpenter showed up yesterday for a panel. He wasn’t signing autographs for anyone afterwards (total bummer for my backglass), but I did get pretty close to him. I was hoping he’d say, “oh, what the hell,” but no dice.
[quoted image]
Overall: AWESOME weekend! Can’t wait for H50 in 2028!

So awesome. I’m grateful for the handful of classic John C. films I watch over and over. I’ve seen Halloween hundreds of times. Such a masterpiece. I never noticed the fly in the pumpkin until the other day. He appears around 1:11 during the opening titles when Jamie Lee’s name appears. Never noticed it before.

1 week later
#15919 6 months ago

Happy Friday the 13th!

Sorry about my cut/paste skills!

IMG_3168 (resized).jpegIMG_3168 (resized).jpeg

#15928 6 months ago

Spectacular custom Friday the 13th!

#15947 6 months ago

They crushed the artwork on this game. Absolutely nailed it, imho.

#15953 6 months ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I still haven't installed the newest code. I have had zero problems with the original and I love it - should I update or wait for the next one? Seems like there may be problems with the most recent??

I’m like you. I’m half lazy and half hesitant to risk any bugs or headaches with the new code. Mine is still the original from unboxing last year. I prob should update it.

#15957 6 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

That's crazy. I would assume you have a very different game then the rest of us

Probably! I only put a few plays each month on mine, so it’s never been a big deal. I’m no good at getting the jackpots for each mb mode, so I never advance far. I was excited about the big update last autumn, and was ready to do it, then it was a big mess and many people went back to an earlier code. After that false start, I decided to wait for the gold standard, finished, finalized, black tie only, diamond studded Final Girl version, whenever that arrives! Just think how new the game will all be to me again! Halloween 2.0 (not the 1981 sequel).

#15959 6 months ago

No reason to not update, the game is so much better with all the changes

Good to hear. These comments motivate me to update it finally.

#15960 6 months ago

First, get me a beer.

IMG_3420 (resized).jpegIMG_3420 (resized).jpeg
#15964 6 months ago

Just all the new callouts and art assets, quality improvements to video and screen resolutions, speed of transitions, it's all just a much smoother and cohesive game all around now. New blood mechanics really change up scoring and create more gameplay for everyone. The bugs are minor really at the moment unlike previous broken modes we had

That’s awesome, and helpful, thanks! I’ll update mine soon. I also have the apron lcd mod to install. To add the extra lcd screen to the apron. Gotta do that.

#15966 6 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Oh my god dude - update it! Some (minor) bugs do still exist, but you may actually never hit them and the game is soooooo much better now.

Is the update on Halloween easy? Is it a thumb drive you download the code, plug in the back box and update the code?

#15974 6 months ago

Wow. Halloween nob with 60 plays for $6800. It’s a horror theme, so it doesn’t appeal to everyone, but Halloween has to be one of the best values in pinball. Yes, it’s a Spooky and feels (to me) slightly more homebrew than a modern Stern, but for the price of a Stern pro you get a game like this with crinkle powder coat, 2 upper playfields and excellent code, movie content and great customer service. I paid $8-whatever nib and was fine with that price. $6800 seems like a steal.

#15976 6 months ago
Quoted from furnissrohio:

I’ll take $6,000 for my HUO Halloween BSE. Cash and carry in Ohio.

Another great deal!

#16002 6 months ago

Carved today. He’s coming. Because I know him. You must be ready for him. If you don’t it’s your funeral.

IMG_4277 (resized).jpegIMG_4277 (resized).jpeg
#16006 6 months ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

10 days to go till the big one drops!
Waiting like-[quoted image]

I’m telling you, he’s waiting.

For what?

I don’t know.

#16009 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s absolutely perfect

Thanks! I carve a “Halloween movie” pumpkin every year. I do it freehand with a sharpie then cut it out. I look at a picture of the title card while I draw it. I used to used a template I made, but I’ve done it many times now. I made the mouth different this year. The key is the asymmetrical eyes and cut from nose to mouth that looks like a knife to me. It’s fun!

#16025 6 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Be sure to wear your mask for the big giveaway at nine![quoted image]

Love the card! Would be so cool if it were one of those lenticular (is that the word?) cards that shows the pumpkin flashing. I need to add my apron lcd mod by Halloween and update my code! It’s time, Michael.

#16035 6 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Someone asked is it ok to skip software versions and just install the latest, the answer is yes, that’s the best thing to do.
I’ll make sure the install instructions on the website are updated.

Thanks! I’ll have several versions to skip, so a complete updated version is simplest.

#16046 6 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Thanks guys…appreciate the info.
Doesnt sound too bad at all! Servos ordered.

I replaced one servo that was acting glitchy, it wasn’t bad. I should have done all three. I did initially plug the wires in backward and blew a fuse. I assume that’s what blew it. Replaced the fuse, but they are a little weird on this game. They are held in little plastic fuse holders that come off the board. My first experience with those.

#16051 6 months ago
Quoted from hammerhorror:

Ugh! The rubber shooter rod tip broke this morning. Ordered some replacements, but they won't be here before Halloween. Bad timing.
[quoted image]

PM me. I’ll send you a few that will arrive by Monday.

#16061 6 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Awesome......Thank you Pinkitten

Happy to help! Especially since Tues is the big dance. His Halloween has to be dancin’
Plus, like most of us I have lots of extras!

#16071 5 months ago

Attended a Halloween party last night with a pingolf tournament of spooky pins like BSD, Alice Cooper, GB and Halloween. I bricked on nearly every pin except GB and Halloween, scoring a 1 on both. Plus I saw the current code on Halloween for the first time. Wow, things have changed since last year! Time to update mine.

#16080 5 months ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thanks again for coming! Perhaps you’ll take home the grand champ trophy in 2024.
I need to figure out a way to get the non-pinball crowd to play in the tournament next year. Maybe a different set of easier objectives to choose from.
[quoted image]

I still have my 2019 trophy prominently displayed! What a different time that was. Pre-pandemic and my 4-year old son was a baby. I agree about expanding the game to include more casual players. I’m an ok player and a couple objectives were pretty hard. Namely, shooting the right ramp 8 times on CFTBL. The ball returns to the right flipper a lot, but I couldn’t backhand it. So I was only able to hit that ramp when I could string a bunch together from the left flipper without missing. But I’m new to that title. Alice Cooper was hard, and Ehoh. I like the challenge, but casual/non-pinball people might be discouraged. It was awesome though! I need to host again.

#16090 5 months ago

Don’t forget to watch the big giveaway at 9:00. And…Happy Halloween.

IMG_5904 (resized).jpegIMG_5904 (resized).jpeg
#16196 5 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Latest code and the whole game in general is just MILES from where it started. Truly a great game to play now, and is such a different choice in my lineup.
Huge thanks to the Spooky team!! Invested time and $$$ to get perfect armor, EL, and other items ( PDI and display upgrade) hoping the game would get finished proper....definitely did, and a solid keeper for me!!!

Can’t wait to finally update mine next week. Still on the original code from my June, 2022 unboxing. It’s gonna be like getting a whole new Halloween! Very impressed with the dedication to this game shown by Spooky.

#16254 5 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What's that smell dog?
[quoted image]

Reminds me of the local auto mechanic in my small town growing up. Donny Marsh. He was a character. They could have based a tv show around his garage. Secret gambling room in the back with slots, poker. He smoked 5 packs a day and often had an unlit cigarette in his hand with one going in his mouth. He painted cars without a mask. He always had this big toothy grin and mischievous look in his eye. All sorts of crazy people hung around there. One day a young woman dating one of the mechanics proudly showed everyone her new breast implants. It was a crazy place. My dad ran errands there after he retired just for fun and something to do. Once I got a speeding ticket dismissed after Donny checked my speedometer and decided it must have been “defective,” and gave me a receipt for repair. My dad died in 2019 and Donny just a few weeks ago. A couple of good old boys.

#16280 5 months ago

17 days ago, Halloween 1. Today I came back up north and found this…Halloween III.

IMG_0315 (resized).jpegIMG_0315 (resized).jpegIMG_0306 (resized).jpegIMG_0306 (resized).jpeg
#16306 5 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Michael came to Houston.
Just set up my booth at Houston Expo.[quoted image]

Great booth! Have an awesome time at Expo! I can’t wait to play new releases like Labyrinth soon. One is coming to a local barcade in the next week or two. I bet Halloween and Alien will both be fan favorites at Expo.

#16320 5 months ago

Halloween is a challenging shooter for sure. But it’s a unique experience and offers a nice alternative to the “walk up and play” ease of many other titles. IMHO, there are no shortage of those. I’m a big John Carpenter fan and would personally love to see Spooky make The Thing. The theme could work well for pinball, with all the different characters and trying to find out who is the thing, and trying to avoid being contaminated. There are several versions of the monster too, and several scenes that would make fun modes. It’s pretty gory for non-horror fans, but if they can make Halloween, Freddy, Alien, etc, it’s possible!

5 months later
#16927 5 days ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Did you ask John if he finally updated to the latest code on Halloween?

John and I held out nearly 2 years. My Halloween arrived on June 13, 2022. Today I updated the latest code from 2023. Wow. What a difference. On my second game today I scored 55 million, almost double my previous best. I started 3 modes and reached Jack-o mb, and FINALLY heard Don’t Fear the Reaper! It was like Xmas (or Halloween) in April. So glad I didn’t sell this game! Now I have Halloween and Scooby together and I’m playing both more than any other pins. Well done, Spooky.

IMG_2207 (resized).jpegIMG_2207 (resized).jpegIMG_2208 (resized).jpegIMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
#16930 4 days ago

I meant to post this last night, but... success! Hats off to Pelican. I transported this in one of their cases (the 1690), and it worked like a charm. That said, now that Carpenter's on the backglass, I have no intention of ever taking it on an airplane again... unless it's to get Jamie Lee Curtis on it.
[quoted image]

Your signature collection is incredible. Well done. Can you tell me how to get a CE badge for the speaker panel like yours?

#16932 4 days ago

Thanks! My CE badge came with the game. You may want to reach out to Spooky if yours is missing. They can probably send you one.

Thanks, I’ll check with the Spookees.

#16957 19 hours ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Glad to find this out before bricking my game. Haven’t changed the battery… ever. Ordered the 10 pack from Amazon so should be good for awhile.

I have Halloween and Scooby so I’ll be ordering that 10 pack too. These coin batteries should be good for at least 2-3 years, maybe far longer. Fortunately they are cheap enough that a swap every couple years is doable. I think Bug recommended once each year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=Pinkitten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.