IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#811 2 years ago

While I can nitpick most Spooky games, it's too early to be freaking out. Glad I got to play the game at SFGE before the Pinside fearmongering.

Halloween is arguably Spooky's best layout (awesome in general IMO), and as I'm under the impression Luke and Bug/Corwin were at the helm of that (two caring guys with something to prove), I have faith that the rest will ultimately follow.

With this being the largest production, with more resources, it seems reasonable to think the game can get more attention than past efforts.

To suggest this game will fail without Bowen is a slap to the face of the intellect, passion, and hard work that the project does have behind it, which is still a larger team effort.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that Spooky's campy/horror titles have never been meant to appease everyone, yet ever since the FOMO on RZ (when AMH prices were getting crazy), we've seen a lot of people speculate on Spooky games with no love of the theme, that wind up upset that they "lost" money on resale of a game that wasn't for them in the first place.

#815 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

The only thing that concerns me is that Bowen says, "I no longer work with Spooky". Does that imply "bad blood" or something? That's my only real concern.

I know nothing about it (and do see the issue of Spooky saying Bowen is on board early on), but even if you're right, if I were in Luke and Bug's position, I'd want to keep the creative direction to myself and ignore the noise until a fleshed out first draft materializes.

Without a greater explanation, one could read into Bowen's language as ego getting involved after not seeing his ideas implemented (he may have greater experience, but it's not his game).

More than one great idea can exist, and only those at the heart of it really know where it's headed, and I'm sure they'll consider suggestions where it makes sense to their vision.

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That said, to suggest that HWN/UM will turn out amazing because Spooky will pour their heart into it doesn't make sense either. Sure they're passionate, but are the current rules guys any good at it?

What Spooky has done great in my eyes is create left-field, risky layouts that are exciting to me and unique in a collection. RZ could have better code, and I've expressed concern over Fawzma on several occasions, but RZ is bolted to the floor for the theme, animations, callouts, and crazy pop/sling action that are all some of the best in pinball IMO. Once I came to terms with the code not getting to where I hoped, I saw the game for the blast it is to play and just have fun--there are plenty of Stern fan layout games with pop-nests, snappy flippers, and tournament worthy code to choose from (many of which are beloved games that were significantly panned early on for code).

$10k is absolutely an expense that I feel, but the reveal was enough to know that I wanted this theme and layout experience in my home (confirmed upon playing). I would hope anyone that can't risk the investment would be able exercise restraint against gambling on day one. We've seen time and time again that these games can be had cheaper second hand before they get to the end of the run.

"Amazing" is subjective, and I'm not expecting anything drastically different from previous efforts, but with this game, I do think Spooky is no longer behind the veil of being a "Bootique" company, and has reason to see this one to a satisfying conclusion.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Bowen consulted on ACNC and that game's code is just "okay." I enjoyed owning the game, but the presentation (lights, sound, etc) always felt a little homebrew-ish and unpolished. Really, that comes down to the coder, who seemed to completely disappear from the ACNC thread.
If I were "in" on Halloween, that's where my focus would be... and is probably the biggest reason I wasn't gunning for a spot when the order banks opened up.
I own both RM and TNA... not Fawzma games... and their polish of presentation feel professional and legit to the level of seasoned manufacturers. ACNC never had that.

Agreed.

#879 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Just an open question,
Do people see the difference in quality of the Ultraman animations vs Halloween?
I have not paid attention to the Ultraman stuff.
Not trying to be provocative it's just a question. There are 2 different people working on Ultraman vs Halloween.

Sometimes it's great to play a Funhouse or Whirlwind and be 100% immersed in a world-under-glass without ever having to look at a screen to know what's going on.

Ultraman would be awesome to put next to a GZ, and the art is great, but the atmosphere, immersion, and under-the-glass presentation on Halloween is my preference.

5 months later
#5289 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Also... seriously, what is this? Do these come with every machine or something? [quoted image]

I had hoped for cutting edge speaker technology, but this isn't what I had in mind

#5304 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I have not seen the movies and and my daughters boyfriend loves Halloween and did not know that. Could do without the smart ass comment btw. Not everyone knows that btw.

He was joking. Michael Jackson had a monkey/chimp named Bubbles

#5485 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I used electrical contact cleaner, which is pretty much isopropyl alcohol in a can.

While I've read some contact cleaners may use alcohol, isopropyl alcohol and CRC contact cleaner are very different when cleaning the aftermarket STh screen (of adhesive)--alcohol destroys the screen, and contact cleaner works great. Perhaps irrelevant.

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm losing my mind waiting for this game! Ever since I picked up an ACNC back in December I've been a huuuuuuge Spooky fan. So much in fact - I hunted down and received my second yesterday and my Spooky collection is up to 2!
I also have Alien LV and Deadpool premium coming next month - 2 more utterly brilliant games - but I've still found myself most eager for Halloween.
I keep banging on about it non-stop, but come on Spooky, show us Aussies some love and get that container out! Pleeeeeaaasssee...
[quoted image]

Spooky games have been unfairly panned IMO. RZ and AMH are also great games.

Looking forward to Halloween

1 week later
#5780 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Does anybody have a picture of Halloween and America's Most Haunted side-by-side? Just got in on a CE and can't wait to see these two together.

I need to rearrange games, so I could probably put them together a moment for a pic if nobody else gets to it first. Will ultimately have my Spooky games together from newest to oldest (left to right).

3 weeks later
#6427 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

First time I ever had to refuse something, thanks alot R&L Carriers.
[quoted image]

My box with R&L also had some damage, but the game was perfectly fine.

11 months later
#14183 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This has already haunted them, in my mind anyway. I took a chance, dont have enough $$$ to buy every NIB and made my own adult decision, bought CR Halloween, thinking this would put them in the A list. Forever boutique it appears.
Now people are listing Halloweens for less than 7000 with barely any plays. $6000 for UM. What other pins in recent memory have dropped 33% in this day and age, WWF LE?
Never again Spooky. 2nd market only.

---------------------------------------------------------
As you seem to be pointing to my recent sale ad...
---------------------------------------------------------

There's nothing wrong with Halloween. With unlimited space and funds, it would be a keeper.

Currently can't access my living room or kitchen/fridge at night without upsetting my parrot while she sleeps. Half my small house taken up by pins, and two rooms dedicated to 3D printers/work space.

Other pins in my collection:

*BSD* - Greatest pin of all time IMO, and my first--Bolted.

*Rob Zombie* - Bolted

*Alice Cooper* - Bolted

*AMH* - Most underrated game of all time, and one of the best pins out there IMO--Bolted (A-list game out of the gate from Spooky as far as I see it).
*/\/\/\---No shortage of Spooky love from me*

*TWD Prem.*--Bolted

*Iron Man*--Brutal/quick ball time games are my jam--would be hard to ever let it go.

*Aerosmith Pro*--[[[Would be next to go, and considering listing soon if I can't sell Halloween, but I just got this one recently]]].

*Radical*--Incredibly fun pin that took me years to find in any condition.

*Whirlwind*--Took me years to find one with an original clear coated playfield (DP/CPR/Mirco don't compare, and the mylar ones all look bad), brand new ramps, tumbled hardware, etc., and I have Radcals on hand for a full cab restore when time allows. Perhaps one day I'd let it go.

*Foo Fighters LE* -- Just arrived two days ago, and the reason for needing to move a pin.

*Stranger Things LE*--Perhaps my #1 Stern--Bolted

*GB Pro*--Top 3 Stern for me with STh and TWD--Bolted

*Iron Maiden*--Feel like I'd regret ever letting it go. One of my favorites to shoot, and I love the theme/music/callouts, etc.

*Black Knight*--Favorite of the era, and would be hard to let go.

*Halloween*--Great, unique game that's coming along nicely with code (latest update helped a lot IMO).

Perhaps my predicament and choice of game to let go of makes sense with that in mind. SoF went previously, which was a difficult decision, and one that will be missed, and Godzilla LE left to make room for Halloween last year. After GnR left, there's no game in my collection I actually want to see leave.

As for my Halloween having low plays...ever since the mental hospital stay in 2020 after the Elvira stress, and losing my fiancee, my emotional/mental state to play pins alone hasn't been there--feel guilt or anxiety, and bury myself in the mod work (or procrastinate plenty in other ways). Having friends over is my moment to feel calm and happy playing pinball, and until Nov. 2022, I only had one local pinball friend, and he's gone the 6 months in the summer half of the year...I didn't receive my Halloween until just before he left, and he also owns a Halloween, so we never play it here together.

Halloween would have been sold in the 7s if I offered shipping. Trying to get a local sale in a college town that's nearly a couple hours away from any of the main cities.

It's possible that nearly 100% of Halloween games being CE models harmed the perceived value a bit (*MSRP was under $7k NIB for the same game experience*), and horror games also tend to not reach the price points of equivalent family friendly titles. I'd say it was expected, and with the market softening on top, 8+ new games on the market etc. No reason to sound an alarm.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------Unfortunately a lot of stellar Spooky games are plagued by this mentality (insert game of choice):
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ezgif.com-add-text (1).gifezgif.com-add-text (1).gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=Medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.