IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider K9Marshal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

They are averaging 5 a day now and plan to ramp up, you will definitely get your game before Halloween.

Do we know how many have been shipped to date? I’m pumped and have moved up twice already to spot 254 but not close enough

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I get that, but in the end, you are revealing one Michael in multiple spots. Drop the "A" and it sounds right, and still gets the point across.

It's nit picky but I agree it just sounds strange with the "A"

3 weeks later
#189 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

And you can add me at #182 from Spooky

You can also switch 160 CE to me as I have purchased that spot.....Thanks

1 week later
#277 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I was hoping another bunch of option emails would have already gone out this week. So far the highest number emailed is 80 to the best of my knowledge.

And wasn’t that last week ugh

3 weeks later
#980 2 years ago

What’s the latest on where we are number wise for build emails and/or shipping?

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Would love to know that as well as I'm not see any indication Spooky is churning out anywhere near what they claim they are and so much for any ramp up (yes I'm aware of the 25 games a week until Christmas comment). I'm not being critical of Spooky before anyone replies that I'm not being patient enough or whatever. I'm just making an observation that's most likely incorrect.
Jeff

I hear ya Jeff. I’m just excited and impatient lol - really just want to know if I’m getting close at 160

#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just checked -says 1.02 on the site...is that the latest ( I think thats what mine shipped with)?

Can you leave Luke alone and let the guy build my pin 160 is still not here yet

#1185 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Any new invoices this week?
Jeff

What are the invoices up to at this point - every time I hear a number being shipped I feel like it’s lower than I thought it would be

1 week later
#1439 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Ok awesome luke. So # 159 is definitely a possibility by Christmas then.

I hope so since I'm 160

3 weeks later
#1852 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have a whole building FULL of games literally! So frustrating!
Happy to say though we added another great member to the Spooky team today. Will be doing an official announcement on our Facebook page in the near future! Exciting times!

Upload a pic of all the pins for fun......and an added bonus for me if CE 160 is in the pic so I can at least drool over the pic of my soon to be favorite game

1 week later
#1998 2 years ago

160 shipping today

1 month later
#2765 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

The funny thing is - while I have kids all the darn scratches are from me moving or working on them. The problem is me! Oh yeah, and I went with non-butter because of that and they're all lined up. Enjoy whatever works best for you! Still a great game.

Quoted from JesseJames23:

I’m in the same boat… I think I decided against it. If you damage or scrape the cab it’s not fixable… due to it being clear coated. But they’re beautiful cabinets.

I had a CE that I traded already and I’m going to get a later build - I’m thinking of going butter due to the way the decals were installed - poorly installed, overlapped the corners, and were already peeling

5 months later
#7066 1 year ago

Ok I’m sure this has been discussed already. Just set up Halloween Ce 1173 and when I press start and ball enters the shooter lane the game also automatically awards me hedge lock 1 and the top Michael kicks out and back. Is this a known issue and if so, how do I fix ???

Thanks !

#7069 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Actually I am having the exact same problem on my UM.
Does the shaker shake at that exact moment as well?
RM

What’s up Russ! Let me check on that - also when I’m in the service menu anytime I hit the back/return button the lights flicker

#7070 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That sounds like an opto problem. Something probably shifted during the move or a wire broke off. Lift the playfield and check the optos for the hedge that Michael is popping out from. Should be an easy fix.

I don’t see any loose wires but here are the pics of the optos as they sit I don’t know if them not being aligned to the holes properly would cause an issue like that

203531D3-FE69-4950-9C1B-998866C6F8B8 (resized).jpeg203531D3-FE69-4950-9C1B-998866C6F8B8 (resized).jpeg6EB8CE17-07B4-405A-B133-C4D5EC1628F2 (resized).jpeg6EB8CE17-07B4-405A-B133-C4D5EC1628F2 (resized).jpeg
#7130 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

I don’t see any loose wires but here are the pics of the optos as they sit I don’t know if them not being aligned to the holes properly would cause an issue like that [quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from RussMyers:

Actually I am having the exact same problem on my UM.
Does the shaker shake at that exact moment as well?
RM

My tilt bob was in a plastic baggie stapled to the bottom of the cab.
RM

So I’ve narrowed this down to when the game starts up and the target bank resets - that’s when it’s giving me the locked ball at the top Michael. If I start game with the targets up it’s fine.

Also, while testing with glass off the game isn’t registering that top hedge lock at all. Definitely something strange going on

3 weeks later
#7646 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone know the color used for the CE powedercoating? Seems to be fraught with problems.

Strange because I have had many of my games powder coated and never once had those issues. Is it just that particular powder choice/finish or an issue with whoever did the job?

#7649 1 year ago

I’m absolutely loving Halloween and cannot wait for the next update with new animations, etc. anyone have a guess on when we will get that???

#7650 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think it's that "veiny" texture that doesnt hold up. I have not seen a smooth powder ware off like that.

Hmmmm possible but Alice cooper with the silver vein doesn’t have that issue - idk

#7652 1 year ago

maybe you have extra sweaty hands. don't get so scared when playing lol

#7658 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Most likely for October. Ultraman day for ultraman animations. Halloween for…Halloween animations. Seems natural.

You’re probably right I just want it now hahaha

#7688 1 year ago

Anyone have any issues since updating to the newest code. My game was playing perfect before but now when i open the house the drop target goes crazy and puts me right back out of that mode and the diverter won’t put the ball in the house.

Help!! Lol

Basically the drop target goes crazy and Laurie’s health depletes immediately and mode is over

1 month later
#9704 1 year ago

A new Spooky Freddy pin would be badass next to Halloween!!

3 weeks later
#10560 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Absolute trash.
I'm glad spooky based this on 78.

Would be like someone basing a Toy Story Pin off of Toy Story 4.......that would be moronic.

1 month later
#12057 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone have a problem after the code update where the machine seems to cycle through rebooting? It eventually settles and I can play a game but if not played it recycles through start up. I re-updated the code and it did not change anything.

I reinstalled 1.08a and sticking with that code until this gets resolved.

#12066 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

If anyone has a usb with 108 and are willing to mail it to me, please send me a PM. I will cover shipping of course.

The code was in this forum a few pages back

Post 12013

#12068 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

New programmer coming in to fix and update code. Take time and coding is not that easy. Fix one thing add another then bugs happen. Just try to be patient. Look how long it took for Munsters to get an update and Stranger Things.

I’m patient and I enjoy the game and my new Tna 2.0

#12082 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

It will boot up and I can start and play a game. If I don’t start a game a black screen comes on and it reboots.

Did you move the game at all? Could be something as simple as something coming unplugged - maybe even from vibration. This happened to my tna 2.0 when it first arrived due to some connectors in the backbox unseating

#12094 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

How to I do a full reinstall?

I hear Manny from lights out pinball is really good at this stuff

3 weeks later
#12354 1 year ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

Has Spooky said anything about when they might get out some new code with bug fixes?

Agreed unfortunately, this pin feels abandoned at this point. They said code for another year but the last code was a mess and when code drop is so few and far between it doesn't give much hope.

Luke said later this year. Its January 11th, so later this year could be a looooooong wait

#12357 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I’m ok with the wait except for the fact that the clock is ticking and that year planned is going to fly by. Adding new coder while I’m excited may cost this game a couple months of attention.
Then again - I really don’t know anything that’s going on. Holding on to hope still so much potential but appears a lot of work is still needed.

I love the pin and hate waiting lol

9 months later
#16189 4 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I literally just gave you one of my points. I said I liked acnc and thats why they copied a winning layout. I LOVE tna. Those are their best games.
Im sure you are craving a layout as exhilarating as rob zombie. Snooze.

I think they took a winning layout and improved

Quoted from RussMyers:

It's a single-drop target mech and it's pretty simple overall
Take the glass off and the balls out
Get a flashlight and open the coin door
You can reset the target by hand by pushing up on the reset plate
The plastic target has a small lip it sits on, and there is a spring that pulls it down when a ball or your finger hits it, pushing it off the the lip
Watch it closely from underneath as it goes up and drops down
Is it catching on anything? Something has to be interfering with it
If you cant see what the problem is from this angle you may have to pull the playfield up and forward onto the rail so you can have a closer look
Dont forget to use protectors to prevent damage to the art blades
This particular drop target mech is slightly more complicated since it also has a drop-coil submech (the game can drop the target on it's own whenever it wants to) as well as reset it back up
RussM

Can't I just bring my pin to your house Russ?

#16218 4 months ago

Halloween ce 923 unboxed and set up yesterday - updated code to new code - played and it was fine. Today game won’t boot. Speaker lights and backbox lights come on and that’s it. And now speaker lights out.

Help!!!!

#16220 4 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Reach out to Spooky support.

It’s Friday - I was hoping someone could give advice between now and Monday

#16222 4 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sorry i didnt mean to come off like that. They are responsive here for sure, but just wanted to mention that as well. I know they get a new cpu out if needed.

All good - so when the game boots up I can see the 3 5amp slow blow fuses flicker green and then that is it - they aren’t lit. So it has to be something going on with this board

#16224 4 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Newly unboxed? Ive had 920 setup for awhile. Its amazing, bummer you are having issues so early .

Yeah my buddy bought it and never opened - I finally gave in and got it from him after reading how great the code has come along and set it up after work yesterday. Got one game in before this nonsense

#16229 4 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Open the backbox and take a close look at the MiniPC in the head.
Make sure all of the cables are firmly plugged into it, especially the power cable. I think there is also a USB cable to communicate with the Pinotaur board and maybe and RJ45 as well but I suspect power cable.
You game just got moved and unboxed so it's been shaken around a lot.
Anything can get loose during moving.
As a general rule I also strongly recommend getting and using art blade protectors with this game every time you lift the playfield, no exceptions. Really same for any game with blades.
RussMyers

I learned that the hard way the first time I had Halloween / playfield is super tight. I checked every connection in the game but I will recheck everything again just to be sure.

#16231 4 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

It just really sounds like the computer isn't getting power, and that could be power cable at either end or fuse or something.
RM

Maybe so - on the main board the usb status is flashing green, 3.3v is green, 5v and 12v red and the last one that says enable is not lit. Unsure what one working should look like. And as I said the 3 lower fuses on that board just flicker green upon the game trying to boot and are not solid green line the 3 fuses above

#16233 4 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Are you talking about the board in the head or the red pinotaur board on the bottom of the playfield?
RM

The red board

#16234 4 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Are you talking about the board in the head or the red pinotaur board on the bottom of the playfield?
RM

IMG_2538 (resized).jpegIMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
#16235 4 months ago

Russ Myers is the man!!!! Get him on the Spooky Payroll or send him some Spooky flare! AJ is listening lol

#16281 4 months ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I got it and like it. The darks are much better. The settings on the stock can make it pretty good. I’m happy with my decision to upgrade.

I know someone had posted suggested setting changes for stock display. Anyone have the info ???

#16294 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Question to the forum . I had an early Halloween CE and had so many issues with it I had to get rid of it . It is my dream theme and I was wondering were later produced machines more reliable or are all of them poor quality for location . Should I just get one for home play only or skip it .

Home environment for sure. Looks amazing in a home game room with lights off! If you have any issues Spooky customer support is top notch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider K9Marshal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=K9Marshal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.