IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrianBannon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

I would normally agree, but 1.03 has been shipping on the new machines.

In the words of Hans Gruber, "The code please".

1 week later
#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

pffft…this IS pinball. Shit breaks. If you don’t wanna fix a pin, don’t buy a pin. If anyone cancels an order over an air ball that cracks a plastic then they’re a fool.

I agree that cancelling an order over this issue is unnecessary. I will say that this is the 3rd instance I have heard of this plastic "fence" breaking from an airball. Spooky might want to take another look at that part and beef it up. One operator I know had that plastic break within the first week on Ultraman.

1 week later
#1992 2 years ago
Quoted from Midnighteric:

I’m having an issue where my machine is searching for balls when I try to start a game. All of the balls are installed. I took them all out and did a power cycle but still no luck. Does anyone have any tips for this? I went into the settings as well and everything seems to be working fine.

I have run into this issue recently as well, and my game is on location. Here is what you might try: When this occurs, open the coin door and go into the stuck switch test. This test should show all the trough switches that are currently active. They will be numbered 1-7, switch 1 is an opto at the front of the trough, switches 2-7 are microswitches. If the game sees all the balls, then each trough switch should show up in that test. In my case, switch 1 is not always seeing the ball. Thankfully, this problem doesn't happen very often, but when it does if I slide the game back and forth to get the balls moving around in the trough the game will usually see the ball. During the game the trough works fine so not sure why this only seems to happen at game start, and only on an occasional basis.

I didn't have time the other day to take the trough off and troubleshoot that switch yet, but I am going back on Friday to see what needs to be done. I wish Spooky could code the game so that if the game sees trough switch 7 closed, then all the balls must be in the trough and the game could start. I'm sure it can't be as simple as that, but I wish it could be fixed that way.

3 weeks later
#2384 2 years ago

My lower playfield GI went out, too. As it turned out, there was a connector unplugged a couple of lamps away that knocked out two insert lamps and the GI string. I had to follow the wires to find it. Plugged it back in and was good to go. AJ provided the suggestion and it was right on target. So, it could be a bad GI string or an unplugged connector somewhere down the line.

2 months later
#4622 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

That piece of plastic over the drop targets must get a lot of abuse and I'm guessing it's a common point of failure. I am currently awaiting a replacement piece for my machine and my friend's machine also has the same broken shield.
I think rather than just reinstall a new OEM piece, I'm gonna use my replacement piece as a template and cut out a new piece from quarter-inch polycarbonate. And because the existing posts used to secure this shield are way too short anyway, I'm gonna replace them with hex stand-offs. With the hex stand-offs, I'll be able to use 6/32 machine screws to attach the shield to the posts.

That shield is a pain to replace. I replaced mine a couple of months ago and discovered that you really don't need any fasteners to hold the shield in place under the upper playfield, just the exposed post on the left by the hedge. The fit is so tight at the posts that the shield isn't going anywhere, and is probably the reason why it snapped there in the first place. That shield hasn't come close to popping off or breaking in well over 1000 plays since the replacement, so maybe allowing it to flex a bit has kept it from snapping. A stronger piece would be a plus, the OEM piece is flimsy.

Only issue with your proposed machine screw solution is just getting access to those fasteners buried underneath both of those playfields. It is pretty tight under there.

2 months later
#6704 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I just replaced the clear drop target plastic protector. It sucked, sucked, sucked. Removing the broken one wasn’t bad, but aligning the nuts underneath the Sanitarium playfield wasn’t fun. You’ll need another arm, or at least an octopus tentacle.
I threw a few clear Lexan protectors over/under the new protector at the posts. Not sure if this will help, I guess we’ll see.

I posted about this earlier in the thread, but you really don't need anything holding that protector down under the Sanitarium playfield. It isn't going anywhere and if it isn't so tight it won't be as apt to break either. I have a couple thousand plays on the replacement drop target shield and even though it is so flimsy it is holding up fine.

2 months later
#8285 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

A lot less plugs than the 90s games!
rd[quoted image]

Well, as far as board for board it is really pretty close. A Pinotaur has I think 42? connections on it, around the same number as on the WPC driver board. Most of the connections in the earlier pic are obscured by the wire harness. What makes the Pinotaur challenging to remove and replace for servicing is that many of the connections are in one quadrant of the board, and packed in tight. There are no keying plugs on the connectors either and quite a few of them are identical. Replacing a Pinotaur is almost as much fun as replacing the driver board in the head of a Banzai Run, almost.

1 week later
#8642 1 year ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Thanks for the replies. I checked out a few more things and wanted to run them by everyone. It looks like transistor 7 blew which controls the scoop drop knockdown on the middle upper playfield. Considering I was in sanitarium multiball when it started smoking would this be a good spot to try and narrow down the problem. Think it started smoking right after I collected the sanitarium jackpot. A few folks think it could be a replacement coil that was wired backwards or something metal making contact under the playfield with that particular coil on the middle upper playfield. Thanks again for any info. We are submitting officially to spooky tomorrow and they have been very helpful with the previous 2 board replacements.

To clarify, this current issue has nothing to do with the previous Pinotaur replacements, which were due to two different coils--the dump coil for the left ramp and the extra ball knockdown coil, locking on in two separate incidents within about a one month period. In both cases those were simple transistor failures and if I would have had the skills and equipment for surface mount soldering, I could have replaced those transistors and reinstalled the boards. Those Pinotaurs still look brand new.

This current issue with a huge scorch mark and a blown transistor on the Pinotaur looks like a hard short to me. I haven't seen the game since this happened and am just as curious as everyone else as to what would caused the problem. Spooky has been very supportive in the past and I expect they will help out with this issue as well.

1 month later
#10485 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Right on, could you ask him which one it was? Hard to sort this stuff without a schematic. I saw a number of fuses on that board when I looked. Three had a green light and three did not. I’m assuming that the green indicates functionality but I can’t imagine that there is three dead fuses when everything else is working in the game (assuming that one fuse is associated with all three hedge servos)

Your servo fuse is on the far right, a 3 amp fuse, this fuse is located just above your 5v fuse on the bottom right of the board.

Those three unlit fuses are your solenoid fuses and will not light up green unless you are playing a game, or in solenoid test. Not sure why Spooky does it this way, but there you have it.

#10493 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Am I the only one that thinks 3 amp sounds crazy high for 3 little servos?

Aren't there more than that? There are six connections on the Pinotaur but only five come to mind for me, three hedges, two inlane ball lifters. Does the topper run through that circuit?

#10496 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:Diverter to house also.

That's it! Six places to check when that fuse blows, hedges, lifters and diverter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrianBannon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=BrianBannon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.