IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 340.
#4901 2 years ago
Quoted from discosucks:

To butter or not to butter, that is the question.

God no

#4902 2 years ago

Could someone explain the rules for pumpkin mode "Death in the Drivers Seat"?

I have played that mode quite a few times and it seems the right orbit has a problem registering when I hit that shot. I have run the switch tests repeatedly and the switches test good EVERY time. I also have the "rubber sleeve" trick in place on the right guide to ensure the switch is actuated properly when the ball rolls by.

I don't understand the colors either when making those shots. I know the shot will indicate green when you make it, but then after a bit that shot indicator turns red. What do the different colors mean?

Is there a sequence or a time limit you have to follow when shooting the two orbits and the two ramps?

#4903 2 years ago

HW 439 in the house. Invoice sunday, shipped Monday, delivered Thursday. Thanks spooky and nitro

20220414_134319 (resized).jpg20220414_134319 (resized).jpg
#4904 2 years ago

As they said...here comes the wave!

#4905 2 years ago

Received the Butter cabinet email on Monday ( I declined)

Just received and paid invoice today.

Very excited to receive this pin.

#4906 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

HW 439 in the house. Invoice sunday, shipped Monday, delivered Thursday. Thanks spooky and nitro
[quoted image]

Mine arrives tomorrow 481 non butter. Thanks Tommy from Nitro also!

#4907 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

I have played that mode quite a few times and it seems the right orbit has a problem registering when I hit that shot. I have run the switch tests repeatedly and the switches test good EVERY time. I also have the "rubber sleeve" trick in place on the right guide to ensure the switch is actuated properly when the ball rolls by.
I don't understand the colors either when making those shots. I know the shot will indicate green when you make it, but then after a bit that shot indicator turns red. What do the different colors mean?
Is there a sequence or a time limit you have to follow when shooting the two orbits and the two ramps?

Hit both ramps and both orbits (in any order), then pumpkin scoop to complete the mode. I do not have a problem with my right orbit registering, so I doubt that is a code issue.

I'm not 100% on the insert colors. I think they are green as long as they are shot in a combo sequence and not repeated. But it does seem like they sometimes turn red randomly. I haven't figured out that logic. Maybe there is only a certain amount of time that they stay green for maximum points? I know it doesn't matter for mode completion, but there might be a points difference depending on color. There is no overall timer for this mode.

#4908 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Hit both ramps and both orbits (in any order), then pumpkin scoop to complete the mode. I do not have a problem with my right orbit registering, so I doubt that is a code issue.

Well, that's what I assumed would be the game play but that isn't what is happening on mine. Based on what I am seeing, that right orbit does not register about 75% of the time I hit it, but seemingly only during that mode. As far as I can tell, the switch is registering every time outside of "Death in the Drivers Seat" mode. And as mentioned, the switch for the right orbit tests good without fail.

#4909 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Well, that's what I assumed would be the game play but that isn't what is happening on mine. Based on what I am seeing, that right orbit does not register about 75% of the time I hit it, but seemingly only during that mode. As far as I can tell, the switch is registering every time outside of "Death in the Drivers Seat" mode. And as mentioned, the switch for the right orbit tests good without fail.

That's really weird. I can only speak for my machine, but it has never failed to register the right orbit (that I have noticed at least!). Might be worth a call to Spooky to get their thoughts. Good luck!

#4910 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Well, that's what I assumed ...

Try this for test. I'm trying to find some posts I thought I remembered aboot right orbit switch issues.

Quoted from lpeters82:

It certainly wouldn't hurt, but I would double check that you are doing the following.
1) Start one of the Pumpkin Modes.
2) I'd pick Death in the Driver's Seat, since it requires you to shoot the orbits. Might as well test them while in the mode.
3) Complete your combos and then shoot the right scoop to end the mode.
4) From this point, as long as you do not have any other modes running, a shot around either orbit should raise the drop targets.

He's some discussion...don;t know if it helps.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/89#post-6840149

#4911 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

https://new.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/HWN_rules_flowchart-1.gif

hwn mode (resized).pnghwn mode (resized).png
#4912 2 years ago
Quoted from discosucks:

Email for #598 came yesterday. To butter or not to butter, that is the question. It will be at the end of my lineup, so I am a little torn since I will only see one side. And that side will be the Michael clown side. And I don't like clowns!

Go butter!

#4913 2 years ago

OK, just figured out the issue I am having with "Death in the Drivers Seat."

There are two switches in that outer orbit, one on the right side under the sanitarium playfield (SW37), and one on the left under the left ramp (SW48). In order for a right orbit shot to register during Death in the Drivers Seat, SW37 has to trigger followed by a trigger of SW48. And vice versa, for a left orbit short to register, SW48 has to fire followed by SW37.

In my case, its the left orbit switch (SW48) that is failing to register intermittently. I was able to confirm this during switch testing. If the ball is moving fast enough through that orbit, it hugs the outside guide wall all the way around and bypasses the left orbit switch completely.

Looking at the switch, it appears it is too close to the inside guide wall, resulting in that switch getting missed during those high-speed orbits. Worse, I don't see any way to make any adjustments to that switch or that guide wall in order to force the ball to actuate the switch every time it flies past.

What can I do?

Left_Orbit_Switch (resized).jpgLeft_Orbit_Switch (resized).jpg
#4914 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

There are two switches in that outer orbit, one on the right side under the sanitarium playfield (SW37), and one on the left under the left ramp (SW48). In order for a right orbit shot to register during Death in the Drivers Seat, SW37 has to trigger followed by a trigger of SW48. And vice versa, for a left orbit short to register, SW48 has to fire followed by SW37.
In my case, its the left orbit switch (SW48) that is failing to register intermittently. I was able to confirm this during switch testing. If the ball is moving fast enough through that orbit, it hugs the outside guide wall all the way around and bypasses the left orbit switch completely.
Looking at the switch, it appears it is too close to the inside guide wall, resulting in that switch getting missed during those high-speed orbits. Worse, I don't see any way to make any adjustments to that switch or that guide wall in order to force the ball to actuate the switch every time it flies past.
What can I do?
[quoted image]

I believe an MRS switch would solve this issue for you. Check out the thread dedicated to MRS on the forum, and then get in contact with the OP.

#4915 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

What can I do?
[quoted image]

I have the same problem, gotta be that left switch when the ball comes in hot from the right orbit. Was considering MRS.
Judging from the replacement PF pics, many other people have the same problem and haven't noticed yet. And it's a hard shot to make
Screenshot_20220318-071529_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220318-071529_Chrome (resized).jpg

#4916 2 years ago

I hope spooky adjusted the guide rail on these 100+ builds going out the door. If the ball is rolling past that switch entirely on a direct shot then that is bad design. You’re definitely not the only person who’s had this problem.

Quoted from John_C:

What can I do?
[quoted image]

#4917 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

I believe an MRS switch would solve this issue for you. Check out the thread dedicated to MRS on the forum, and then get in contact with the OP.

Nope, don't think an MRS is an option. The orbit guides are metal, not plastic, so can't put a MRS up top. And the playfield being 1/2" thick is too thick for an MRS on the bottom.

#4918 2 years ago

Should be able to just give the switch a little tweak to be more sensitive. Bend it slightly so it's on a hair trigger and you should be back in action

#4919 2 years ago

Stern Rush has this problem on one of its shots where the ball lifts up with speed over the switch. I think even Mando has a similar issue. On my Rush I put a half inch by 3 inch felt pad on the metal guide. It helps knock the ball down just enough to trigger the switch.

Maybe worth trying

#4920 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Here we are....just PM me...I'm certain we can assist....(just ask every R&M owner!!)

Matt
M&M Creations

#4921 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Nope, don't think an MRS is an option. The orbit guides are metal, not plastic, so can't put a MRS up top. And the playfield being 1/2" thick is too thick for an MRS on the bottom.

You bet an MRS is....that's why we have rollover MRS'....

Matt
M&M Creations

#4922 2 years ago

As soon as Matt puts one in the shop, I'll be buying a pair for my Ultramen.

MRS switches are a great solution on many games. Great product.

#4923 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

What can I do?
[quoted image]

I've pointed this out a few times. There was discussion on switch placement before the games were even built based on a white wood example.

#4924 2 years ago

No regrets getting them on my R&M. Won’t hesitate to get them if my HWN if needed… which is sounding likely.

Quoted from Sonic:

Here we are....just PM me...I'm certain we can assist....(just ask every R&M owner!!)
Matt
M&M Creations

#4925 2 years ago

Yeah, the way they make their roll over MRS switches, it will work fine in that spot. I put a full set in my R&M and love them. I also added one to a problem switch I had in ACNC before I sold it. They work amazingly well. I am pretty sure I will be getting a set for my Halloween once they have them as they never need to be adjusted and do not slow the ball. Its a great upgrade, even if the traditional switch works.

#4926 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Yeah, the way they make their roll over MRS switches, it will work fine in that spot. I put a full set in my R&M and love them. I also added one to a problem switch I had in ACNC before I sold it. They work amazingly well. I am pretty sure I will be getting a set for my Halloween once they have them as they never need to be adjusted and do not slow the ball. Its a great upgrade, even if the traditional switch works.

Thanks!

matt

#4927 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

No regrets getting them on my R&M. Won’t hesitate to get them if my HWN if needed… which is sounding likely.

Thanks!

Matt

#4928 2 years ago

Any truth to the rumor (that I’m starting) that Spooky decided to crank out a few Blood Sucker Editions next week?

#4929 2 years ago

481 landed in Phoenix!! Tomorrow get here as fast as you can!

#4930 2 years ago

I've had some requests rolling in (pun intended) for the orbit rollover switch issue - but no explicit photos (above and below) of the particular switch - can someone post that? I want to see where on the playfield the problem spot is and below is critical for mounting tab orientation....thanks!

matt

M&M Creations

#4931 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I've had some requests rolling in (pun intended) for the orbit rollover switch issue - but no explicit photos (above and below) of the particular switch - can someone post that? I want to see where on the playfield the problem spot is and below is critical for mounting tab orientation....thanks!
matt
M&M Creations

Got pics! Thanks Charger68 - so no different than R&M (and some other Spooky pins)...standard left-hand tab rollover...yep - no problem - we make those if it's a problem for anyone's Halloween...

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

#4932 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Got pics! Thanks Charger68 - so no different than R&M (and some other Spooky pins)...standard left-hand tab rollover...yep - no problem - we make those if it's a problem for anyone's Halloween...
Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

How do we order these?

#4933 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

How do we order these?

Just PM me - that's it!

Matt
M&M Creations

#4934 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Great idea! I wonder how simple a design that would be utilizing the shooter lane switch.

Almost done. All painted, LEDs added and wired up. Here is a dry run with it just taped on the lane cover. I will likely re-create the 'trick or treat' sticker in 3D, either on my CNC out of wood or on my resin printer. Still some design work to do there.

I was going to try a flashing LED approach but the ball isn't typically in the lane long enough to see the flashing so here we are with just an on/off approach.

I am not sure how a shared video link works with Google and Pinside but I will try it here. If there is a recommended way to upload this let me know.
Hope you like it!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gDQ3X368ecnZM6s18
IMG_20220415_1102452 (resized).jpgIMG_20220415_1102452 (resized).jpg

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#4935 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Almost done. All painted, LEDs added and wired up. Here is a dry run with it just taped on the lane cover. I will likely re-create the 'trick or treat' sticker in 3D, either on my CNC out of wood or on my resin printer. Still some design work to do there.
I was going to try a flashing LED approach but the ball isn't typically in the lane long enough to see the flashing so here we are with just an on/off approach.
I am not sure how a shared video link works with Google and Pinside but I will try it here. If there is a recommended way to upload this let me know.
Hope you like it!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gDQ3X368ecnZM6s18[quoted image]

I want one of these, I spend lots of time in the shooter lane!

#4936 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I want one of these, I spend lots of time in the shooter lane!

Haha! Yes I hear you, I spend too much time in there as well. I figured that I might as well have something to stare at.

#4937 2 years ago

Are most people gonna change out the pumpkin scoop? If so what's the best option? Always bounces back 99% of the time for me

#4938 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Are most people gonna change out the pumpkin scoop? If so what's the best option? Always bounces back 99% of the time for me

If they don't switch to the more standard one, which it seems they should since it appears to be a fix, I will be.

#4939 2 years ago

#597 - went with the buttered option & invoiced today.

#4940 2 years ago

#364 butter is home and it’s glorious.

B8D5E218-5221-4D0E-8F57-EA50B0EA2E86 (resized).jpegB8D5E218-5221-4D0E-8F57-EA50B0EA2E86 (resized).jpeg
#4941 2 years ago

I like your Myers Mask. TOTs? If so, I can only assume it was overhauled. Enjoy your game.

#4942 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I like your Myers Mask. TOTs? If so, I can only assume it was overhauled. Enjoy your game.

It’s the Warlock from Cemetary Gates.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4943 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If they don't switch to the more standard one, which it seems they should since it appears to be a fix, I will be.

Noob here but what is the best one to switch to? I'm having to do my first switch on my dad's Rush machine soon so figured good time to find out how to change mine

#4944 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

[quoted image]

Yup, that’s the Part 2 mask. It always looked slightly wider to me, but very distinctive from the first movie.

This video always blows my mind. Tommy Lee Wallace goes through the entire process of making a screen accurate mask in like 5 minutes. The crew from the original movie didn’t have any money, so they had to get creative. Good stuff.

#4945 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

[quoted image]

This took me quite a while to translate. Halloween II. nice!

#4946 2 years ago

Nice set up Ole Boy

Quoted from Bobbydevil:

#364 butter is home and it’s glorious.
[quoted image]

#4947 2 years ago

Butter #320 - home in central Indiana!

#4948 2 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Nice set up Ole Boy

No one noticed Atari Halloween on arcade machine. Shhh…

#4949 2 years ago

M&M magnetic switches are great, and their tee-shirt's not bad either!

Screenshot 2022-04-15 194610 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-04-15 194610 (resized).png
#4950 2 years ago

#480 is Home.

Message_1650066411716 (resized).jpgMessage_1650066411716 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/99?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.