Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,947 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 339.
#4801 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'm scared to ask, how much is that mod?

Less than the game has depreciated

#4802 2 years ago

Not sure if these are a known issue but I think I might have found a couple code bugs.

While in pumpkin multiball I managed to get a Judith meyers ball lock, the game knew I locked a ball and so it launched out another. Once the ball save timer was up and I only had one ball left it continued pumpkin multiball until I drained the ball in play and released the locked ball.

Started “Laurie slashes back” then stacked hedge multiball and it was endless multiball until I turned the game off.

#4803 2 years ago

Actually as far as mods are concerned I feel this is very reasonable $260ish usd.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Less than the game has depreciated

#4804 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Ok. Added 3 washers to the trough kick out. In addition, I found that the opto under where the ball drops in the pumpkin was way off the hole in the subway. Had to make some modifications to get it to line up. Now going to play and hope all goes well
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you reinstall the machine screw and nut at the end closest to the drain? I’ve left that hardware off as it contorts in such a way I think the balls were too close to the shoot. I was getting numerous misfires trying to go into the shooter lane.

#4805 2 years ago

Played a few games at Pinbrew in Ohio. Just grabbed some dinner and running back. Really enjoyed it! Can't wait for mine to get shipped. I was nervous never owning a spooky. I get it some things will need tweaking but I'm pumped.

#4806 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Keep everyone posted on the results.
PS: I don't want anyone worried too much about there optos. The holes are pretty much there if the games end up in a super dirty bar, or somewhere like that where the subways will get super grimy. They will 100% work through the plastic.

Ok. So after adding some washers and removing the foam triangle (not sure why that’s there. Never seen it on any past 20 new machines I’ve owned nor in any arcade). The trough eject is now working flawlessly. Obviously as with any other pin once in a great while it has to do a double eject.

As far as the opto, that was it. I understand they should pass thru the plastic, but moving it to center in the hole now has fixed the issue 100%, so far. I will post again if the issue returns.

I don’t ever mind working on things and dialing them in. It’s fun for me. Thanks spooky. Really love the game!

#4807 2 years ago

Awesome info! Thank you guys!

#4808 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'm scared to ask, how much is that mod?

Not cheap, $266.01 USD total with paypal fees. But his work is excellent. I have his Alien tracker mod also for my Alien pinball.

#4809 2 years ago

Me and my buddy just played this at pinbrew OH today. We were both very impressed, great built quality and strong flippers and the game was very fun. I am so glad I purchased one.

By the way I just received my invoice today
Invoice 4912
Game #482

#4810 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Ok. So after adding some washers and removing the foam triangle (not sure why that’s there. Never seen it on any past 20 new machines I’ve owned nor in any arcade). The trough eject is now working flawlessly. Obviously as with any other pin once in a great while it has to do a double eject.
As far as the opto, that was it. I understand they should pass thru the plastic, but moving it to center in the hole now has fixed the issue 100%, so far. I will post again if the issue returns.
I don’t ever mind working on things and dialing them in. It’s fun for me. Thanks spooky. Really love the game!

Glad you got the issues figured out!

#4811 2 years ago

My buddy’s #472 was shipped yesterday.

#4812 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me how it works if you tell Spooky you're not ready for your game yet? Do you go to the end of the line, or do you just contact them when you are ready? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

#4813 2 years ago
Quoted from MerseDaddy:

My buddy’s #472 was shipped yesterday.

Interesting was he Spooky Direct ? I was and in the high 300's and mine hasn't shipped yet. I do know allocation per every 50 to various distros. I think Spooky had #350-400. I'm going to say within 1-3 weeks I'll get mine shipped / delivered especially based on that photo of them about to finish QC testing that batch.

EYzVs8RWsAMm_Ho (resized).jpgEYzVs8RWsAMm_Ho (resized).jpg
#4814 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Interesting was he Spooky Direct ? I was and in the high 300's and mine hasn't shipped yet. I do know allocation per every 50 to various distros. I think Spooky had #350-400. I'm going to say within 1-3 weeks I'll get mine shipped / delivered especially based on that photo of them about to finish QC testing that batch. [quoted image]

I'm guessing 472 was only invoiced since 482 was also invoiced the same day. I'm 364 direct from Spooky and still not shipped either.

#4815 2 years ago
Quoted from hammerhorror:

Can anyone tell me how it works if you tell Spooky you're not ready for your game yet? Do you go to the end of the line, or do you just contact them when you are ready? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

I think you can move to the end of the run for the Model. If you have a CE, then they will be happy to bump your number back to the end of the CEs.
Wash/Rinse/Repeat for BSE and SE editions.

#4816 2 years ago
Quoted from hammerhorror:

I was #376 and I emailed Spooky and asked to move to the 900's. They said no problem.

#4817 2 years ago

received email pinballstar. 508, no butter.

#4818 2 years ago

Still waiting for Nitro to send me my invoice for 481

#4819 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Still waiting for Nitro to send me my invoice for 481

481 was purchased through Spooky, by me originally. Nitro has nothing to do with it unless it was sold back to them eventually? Check your spam folder for a morgan/spooky email

#4820 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

481 was purchased through Spooky, by me originally. Nitro has nothing to do with it unless it was sold back to them eventually? Check your spam folder for a morgan/spooky email

I did not receive any email from Morgan. Tommy from nitro said he was going to send the invoice tomorrow. I emailed Morgan also. Thanks again for swapping with me. My wife and kids can’t wait.

#4821 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Interesting was he Spooky Direct ? I was and in the high 300's and mine hasn't shipped yet. I do know allocation per every 50 to various distros. I think Spooky had #350-400. I'm going to say within 1-3 weeks I'll get mine shipped / delivered especially based on that photo of them about to finish QC testing that batch. [quoted image]

All I know is I was with him when the invoice came in and he showed it to me. He texted me two days later to say it was shipped.

#4822 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

received email pinballstar. 508, no butter.

You're one ahead of me! Same email yesterday....getting closer....

#4823 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Not cheap, $266.01 USD total with paypal fees. But his work is excellent. I have his Alien tracker mod also for my Alien pinball.

Given what you're getting ~$250 is very, very reasonable for this. It has way more going on than a Stern topper, and those are $700 and up these days.

#4824 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given what you're getting ~$250 is very, very reasonable for this. It has way more going on than a Stern topper, and those are $700 and up these days.

I completely agree, which is why mine is arriving in my mail box Monday or Tuesday this week.

#4825 2 years ago

Invoice received for HW 439. Thanks Nitro

#4826 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I'm personally not a huge fan of music pins, but if it's gloves we're talking about...
[quoted image]
Also acceptable:[quoted image]

I would buy a blink pin in a second.

#4828 2 years ago

Got the email from Spooky this morning, #489 ships out today! Now we wait for him to come home.

#4829 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Got the email from Spooky this morning, #489 ships out today! Now we wait for him to come home.

Wow, big jump.
Congrats!

#4830 2 years ago

#414 was supposed to ship out this week, but I put a one week delay on it due to being on vacation from the 17th-24th and being on the west coast, it would have arrived while I was gone. So, now it should hopefully ship mid-week that week (around the 20th). Can't wait!

#4831 2 years ago

I’m #365. Butter. Same email and invoice dates at #364. Paid and eagerly awaiting a delivery date

#4832 2 years ago

I'm #335 non butter, fully paid off invoice and waiting on delivery notice now.

#4833 2 years ago

Got my house mod today

20220411_202018 (resized).jpg20220411_202018 (resized).jpg20220411_202048 (resized).jpg20220411_202048 (resized).jpg
#4834 2 years ago

#455 shipped today. Direct from Spooky.

#4835 2 years ago

How does the house mod look/feel in person? Does the scale feel ok? Does it block anything interesting? Overall happy?

#4836 2 years ago

Good questions. I was wondering the same thing but it didn’t stop me from buying it! I agree with others who previously mentioned about weathering the roof a little. I think it may look a little better with that being done.

Oh and #378 comes home tomorrow.

#4837 2 years ago
2E81A12B-6FDD-4AA5-88D1-7EA4C577C7BC (resized).jpeg2E81A12B-6FDD-4AA5-88D1-7EA4C577C7BC (resized).jpeg
#4838 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

How does the house mod look/feel in person? Does the scale feel ok? Does it block anything interesting? Overall happy?

Haven't played with it yet. It is well built and easy to install. Only blocks front of the clear house. I'm going to adjust brightness down a bit. I did wash coat the roof a bit to give it some color.

#4839 2 years ago

Officially “game over” on production duties for the original animator (NightMutilator):

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/nightmutilator/stories/working-in-pinball-a-reflection

#4840 2 years ago

This is big news. Can’t wait to see what the new animation company brings. I DO hope that Spooky keeps the majority of the work that nightmutilator did on the game because outside of a few small things I liked most of what he did. The animations were simple but the illustrations are good and the color palette and atmosphere is great.

Quoted from monitorpop:

Officially “game over” on production duties for the original animator (NightMutilator):
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/nightmutilator/stories/working-in-pinball-a-reflection

#4841 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This is big news. Can’t wait to see what the new animation company brings. I DO hope that Spooky keeps the majority of the work that nightmutilator did on the game because outside of a few small things I liked most of what he did. The animations were simple but the illustrations are good and the color palette and atmosphere is great.

I don’t know anything about modern animating, but to hear that 500 hours were put in is very surprising.

Maybe it takes thousands of hours to do more complex animations nowadays, but back when I was doing Flash animating, what I’ve seen on the game would have taken me maybe 2 days. I’m not trashing the guy, I thought his art was good, and the general atmosphere - but 500 hours? Maybe the licensor (is it JC or the Akkads?) was super specific about what they would approve and constant revisions were required.

#4842 2 years ago

I think the licensor is most particular about the use of film clips but they have also been said to be very slow on approval. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more nightmutilator animations yet to be included. But yeah…500 hours, could be an exaggeration….maybe not. All I’m sure about is I’m glad I didn’t buy Ultraman haha

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don’t know anything about modern animating, but to hear that 500 hours were put in is very surprising.
Maybe it takes thousands of hours to do more complex animations nowadays, but back when I was doing Flash animating, what I’ve seen on the game would have taken me maybe 2 days. I’m not trashing the guy, I thought his art was good, and the general atmosphere - but 500 hours? Maybe the licensor (is it JC or the Akkads?) was super specific about what they would approve and constant revisions were required.

#4843 2 years ago

In my limited experience, Men wearing Wigs are prone to exaggeration.

#4844 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

Haven't played with it yet. It is well built and easy to install. Only blocks front of the clear house. I'm going to adjust brightness down a bit. I did wash coat the roof a bit to give it some color.

Can you post a pic and what type of paint and color did you use?

#4845 2 years ago

I was told this IS/WAS the case and that other animators were considered and presented but not approved.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Maybe the licensor (is it JC or the Akkads?) was super specific about what they would approve and constant revisions were required.

#4846 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I was told this IS/WAS the case and that other animators were considered and presented but not approved.

That seems crazy. I’m really curious what the other art would have looked like

#4847 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Can you post a pic and what type of paint and color did you use?

I use a lot of citadel for my 3D prints. Good paint. I only used a little bit of each and smoothed over with my fingers.

20220412_105744 (resized).jpg20220412_105744 (resized).jpg
#4848 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think the licensor is most particular about the use of film clips but they have also been said to be very slow on approval. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more nightmutilator animations yet to be included. But yeah…500 hours, could be an exaggeration….maybe not. All I’m sure about is I’m glad I didn’t buy Ultraman haha

OK.

Ultramans gonna rock just like hwn! You must've been
Smoking that turbonator stuff. Try some chemdog it'll straighten your brain back out.

#471 spooky direct. paid.

#4849 2 years ago

It’ll get there I think. I’m mainly just cracking wise about what is goin on with spot prices on UM. Although honestly I do the think the success of Godzilla may affect the lens that UM is viewed through for years

Quoted from tp:

OK.
Ultramans gonna rock just like hwn! You must've been
Smoking that turbonator stuff. Try some chemdog it'll straighten your brain back out.
#471 spooky direct. paid.

#4850 2 years ago

House mod installed! Easy install and looks great.

6FD33BE0-F069-42B2-9BD4-A082E2131F2A (resized).jpeg6FD33BE0-F069-42B2-9BD4-A082E2131F2A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,947 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/97?hl=jakedistel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.