20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 339.
#4751 2 years ago

I have said it before and I will probably say it again. The color choice selected compliments the game but the product selection was a bad choice. The powder coating is super fragile. It can’t take the wear and tear of normal handling. The clear coated added to the process helps but not enough. In my opinion they should swap to a different product ASAP.

#4752 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Anyone have any ideas or things they have done to prevent this from happening (aside from what Spooky could/should do differently). IE: Put Mylar or some kind of clear coat over high touch areas around the flippers? I’d would really hate to have this happen so hoping to do something right when mine arrives.

Is the vein powder coat "rubbing off" or is it possibly reacting to oils etc. from hands? Hoping if it was the latter, maybe frequent wiping with a mild soap/water might prevent this. Anyone able to advise?

#4753 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Is the vein powder coat "rubbing off" or is it possibly reacting to oils etc. from hands? Hoping if it was the latter, maybe frequent wiping with a mild soap/water might prevent this. Anyone able to advise?

It is reacting to oils on the skin. Cleaning slows the process but doesn’t stop it.

#4754 2 years ago

Hitting actual diaper rubbing status by having to wash your hands before playing

Just play it until it comes off; just another wearable item.

#4755 2 years ago

Easy fix..

8D7532F9-80B3-4AB1-951C-06A119995F6A (resized).jpeg8D7532F9-80B3-4AB1-951C-06A119995F6A (resized).jpeg
#4756 2 years ago

We have used the same powder supplier and same powder coater for the whole time we have been in business. Sounds like it's suspected that metallic vein is just the most reactive with the oils from hands etc. We have been adding 2 coats of clear to hopefully atleast slow down the wear but it seems to not solve it entirely. On future games we will probably just have to use a different type of finish than our typical "vein" finish. I have been in contact with our supplier trying to learn what I can!

#4757 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I guess I will have to start wearing gloves only when I play this machine?

I wear thin workout gloves when I play anyway because I can't stand that sweaty, slippery feel you get after just a little while. Plus, I like how clean the pins remain this way. I guess now I have one more reason!

#4758 2 years ago

Been working on a few issues for a while. Still problems even with code update. Want to see if anyone/everyone else is having these issues.

Trough eject - sucks! Only ejects the ball about 1/2-1/3 the time. Have already taken it apart. Made sure nothing binding. It clicks. Tries to push the ball up, but falls right back down. Sometimes works absolutely perfect, but about 1/2 the time it doesn’t. Have adjusted the trough power in all different options but still same issue. This now leads to the next big issue.

Ball doesn’t eject and now causes problems in the game! So the trough eject tries several times, but after 5 times, it ends your turn and goes to the next player. Even during ball save timers. So you launch a ball, after a few flips it goes SDTM and then pops up “ball save”. The trough tries several times to pop the ball up but it doesn’t work. The turn ends and then on to the next player.

Sometimes when the ball drops below the pumpkin from the 2nd playfield, it never comes out to the right flipper. The ball stays below in the subway and after a little bit the machines does it’s ball search. Doesn’t find it and then turn is over. When the next player comes up to play, a ball is sent into the shooter lane. Then out of the blue, the ball that was below in the subway comes out and then you get a multiball when you’re not supposed to. I’ve check the subway and all switches and everything is registering.

Even after the latest code update I’m still having these same issues. Are these being addressed by Spooky at all? It sucks to be sitting on a $9k paperweight that sucks to play because more times than not there are these issues.

#4759 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Been working on a few issues for a while. Still problems even with code update. Want to see if anyone/everyone else is having these issues.
Trough eject - sucks! Only ejects the ball about 1/2-1/3 the time. Have already taken it apart. Made sure nothing binding. It clicks. Tries to push the ball up, but falls right back down. Sometimes works absolutely perfect, but about 1/2 the time it doesn’t. Have adjusted the trough power in all different options but still same issue. This now leads to the next big issue.
Ball doesn’t eject and now causes problems in the game! So the trough eject tries several times, but after 5 times, it ends your turn and goes to the next player. Even during ball save timers. So you launch a ball, after a few flips it goes SDTM and then pops up “ball save”. The trough tries several times to pop the ball up but it doesn’t work. The turn ends and then on to the next player.
Sometimes when the ball drops below the pumpkin from the 2nd playfield, it never comes out to the right flipper. The ball stays below in the subway and after a little bit the machines does it’s ball search. Doesn’t find it and then turn is over. When the next player comes up to play, a ball is sent into the shooter lane. Then out of the blue, the ball that was below in the subway comes out and then you get a multiball when you’re not supposed to. I’ve check the subway and all switches and everything is registering.
Even after the latest code update I’m still having these same issues. Are these being addressed by Spooky at all? It sucks to be sitting on a $9k paperweight that sucks to play because more times than not there are these issues.

See Post #3163 in this thread to see how another owner fixed this issue. Maybe this would work for yours?

The subway hang-up has been resolved for some people with adding a washer or two under the playfield to one of the screws holding the subway to the playfield. I think there is a video on it.

#4760 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

I can tell you this - none of the issues you’re describing are code issues. The trough problem sounds mechanical. It is just a issue of finding what is causing your problem. The second issue is more easily fixed. It really comes down to one of two things. Your side to side level is wrong or there is debris in the subway. Both might be an issue. Lift of the playfield and look at the subway. I had lots of little pieces of white plastic shavings floating around mine with some sawdust. I cleaned that all out and it worked great after that. It has also been mentioned to add a couple washers between the subway and bottom of the playfield to increase the slope of the subway a little.

#4761 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

See Post #3163 in this thread to see how another owner fixed this issue. Maybe this would work for yours?
The subway hang-up has been resolved for some people with adding a washer or two under the playfield to one of the screws holding the subway to the playfield. I think there is a video on it.

Thank you. I’ll look into this. Appreciate the feedback as usual

#4762 2 years ago

I'm personally not going to be much help with the ball eject. I believe you that it's happening, but I haven't personally seen this issue on a single game. For sure reach out to our service techs. There number is located inside your machine. As others have said, it's something physical. Pictures, or better yet a slow motion video would be extremely helpful.

I can provide some guidance is the subway trap issues. I do often have to tweak them in final testing. I've tried to highlight some of the most common issues in the picture below. The next time you have a ball get stuck, open the coin door and go into the menu system. With everything paused take a look at where exactly the trap is taking place. This is probably obvious, but the subway is relying on gravity to move the ball, so it's important that the game is leveled so that that gravitational force is overcoming any friction. The two most common areas for ball traps the the two bends, where the ball is traveling horizontally. If the game is not leveled these areas can become ball traps. Once you know where the ball is getting hung up, feel free to send me a PM. I'm confident I can walk you though a simple fix. Alternatively that's something that our service techs can help you with too.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

PS: I do also talk though some simple tips and tweaks in this video here.

#4763 2 years ago

Man it really is a long night if you lose your debit card in the subway!

#4764 2 years ago

Forgive me. I was on a rush because I wanted to clear one more game.

#4765 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Forgive me. I was on a rush because I wanted to clear one more game.

Ha just making a joke...no one needs to apologize to me for spelling that's for sure

#4766 2 years ago

SpookyLuke what number will you be up to with this latest round of machines when they all ship?

#4767 2 years ago

The only glove related thing I want Spooky to be involved with is this glove;

8567446B-EA1B-4CF8-ADB8-09348ECB3A77 (resized).jpeg8567446B-EA1B-4CF8-ADB8-09348ECB3A77 (resized).jpeg
#4768 2 years ago

I'm personally not a huge fan of music pins, but if it's gloves we're talking about...

Also acceptable:

#4769 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

I have had this same exact problem sort through this thread for my posts. I have permanently corrected this issue. Try taking the trough cover off and in coil test on default setting fire a couple balls. You should see it has plenty of force to get the ball up there.

#4770 2 years ago

Make sure your hand is blocking the balls from flying out of the game because they will.

#4771 2 years ago

Anyone seen who has given the latest review to drag the rating down lol

#4772 2 years ago

I just got my call asking if I wanted a butter cab upgrade on #539 last night from Nitro.
I’m starting to get excited!

#4773 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Anyone seen who has given the latest review to drag the rating down lol

Turbo should change his profile pic to this.

994DF975-E26B-4442-BCDC-75F4A5FB92D0 (resized).jpeg994DF975-E26B-4442-BCDC-75F4A5FB92D0 (resized).jpeg
#4774 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

SpookyLuke what number will you be up to with this latest round of machines when they all ship?

I'm not sure the exact total but I know we have over 200 built that will be getting boards installed then QC then shipped in the next 2 weeks! After that we should stay on a 40 a week schedual and hopefully wrap the build up this year yet! Something could always come up but the way it looks now we should be in good shape to get done late fall!

#4775 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'm not sure the exact total but I know we have over 200 built that will be getting boards installed then QC then shipped in the next 2 weeks! After that we should stay on a 40 a week schedual and hopefully wrap the build up this year yet! Something could always come up but the way it looks now we should be in good shape to get done late fall!

Wow that's pretty impressive. I didn't think you guys would finish all 1250 this year. Sounds like at least up to 1000 should have their games by this Halloween I would of thought this would of stretched into Q1 of 2023. If that's the case presumably Halloween is done by 2022. When will we see the next tease / and or game announcement ? New title / New game ready to ship by Summer of 2023 ?

Evil Dead
Scooby Doo
BeetleJuice
Friday The 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street

those are my predictions. However my number 1 which probably would never happen... "Killer Klowns From Outer Space". Hit up Jeremy Parker man his artwork with a Killer Klowns From Outer Space. Kinda think of it... Killer Klowns had Gloves in the movie also... 6a3b2afa78aadb21271695ab3a32fe93d92d8990_hq.gif6a3b2afa78aadb21271695ab3a32fe93d92d8990_hq.gif

#4776 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Wow that's pretty impressive. I didn't think you guys would finish all 1250 this year. Sounds like at least up to 1000 should have their games by this Halloween I would of thought this would of stretched into Q1 of 2023. If that's the case presumably Halloween is done by 2022. When will we see the next tease / and or game announcement ? New title / New game ready to ship by Summer of 2023 ?
Evil Dead
Scooby Doo
BeetleJuice
Friday The 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
those are my predictions. However my number 1 which probably would never happen... "Killer Klowns From Outer Space". Hit up Jeremy Parker man his artwork with a Killer Klowns From Outer Space. Kinda think of it... Killer Klowns had Gloves in the movie also... [quoted image]

I would love to do ALL of those games!

We have never missed a build window yet it would be very disappointing to miss now! We have built up a really great crew and have the staff needed to get the job done easily if supply holds which I'm confident it will now for the remainder of the run!

#4777 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Turbo should change his profile pic to this. [quoted image]

Figures the one troll who got banned for 30 days from this forum took his vitriol to tank the game rating. Such unhappiness hurts its host most of all. Regrets.

#4778 2 years ago

CE #475 invoice received and paid today.

You really have to love the credit card company call IMMEDIATELY after paying that invoice. "You sure that was you?" Ha.

#4779 2 years ago

Anyone know if there is a flyer for this game?
Can’t seem to find one.

#4780 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I'm personally not a huge fan of music pins,

GWAR

#4781 2 years ago

#380 shipped yesterday!

#4782 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Awesome! Thank you so much. I am #481 and hopefully I made it in this lot. Halloween is for my wife. She has been going through a bunch of health problems and she’s so excited to get her pin as am I and my kids.

This will really cheer her up. Appreciate the update so much. Have a good weekend!

#4783 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Anyone know if there is a flyer for this game?
Can’t seem to find one.

Won’t be any flyer. Stern doesn’t ship the game with a flyer either. I buy mine through pinball life. Not sure if or where you can buy a HWN flyer.

#4784 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

It ain't a race, remember that! Quality over quantity rules the day.

#4785 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It ain't a race, remember that! Quality over quantity rules the day.

Oh for sure! We have hired dedicated staff just for quality and never rush QC. Being pinball things definitely still happen but I believe our quality is extremely competitive I'm comparison to all of today's pinball manufacturers. We never rush QC all games are played and inspected by experienced pinball players and guys who own collections of their own. I think we are putting out one of the best quality builds we have in company history for sure overall. Especially considering the amount of levels and things in these games.

#4786 2 years ago

Invoice received for #489! Been waiting patiently for him to come home.

#4787 2 years ago

Ok. Added 3 washers to the trough kick out. In addition, I found that the opto under where the ball drops in the pumpkin was way off the hole in the subway. Had to make some modifications to get it to line up. Now going to play and hope all goes well

7B495830-9B2F-410E-992A-3DBD0E051DB6.jpeg7B495830-9B2F-410E-992A-3DBD0E051DB6.jpegBE55C804-B6A9-4DA6-95AB-7310E3A3185D.jpegBE55C804-B6A9-4DA6-95AB-7310E3A3185D.jpeg
#4788 2 years ago

#492 from Spooky direct; options email on March 17th (no butter), just got my invoice and paid!

#4789 2 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Ok. Added 3 washers to the trough kick out. In addition, I found that the opto under where the ball drops in the pumpkin was way off the hole in the subway. Had to make some modifications to get it to line up. Now going to play and hope all goes well
[quoted image][quoted image]

Keep everyone posted on the results.

PS: I don't want anyone worried too much about there optos. The holes are pretty much there if the games end up in a super dirty bar, or somewhere like that where the subways will get super grimy. They will 100% work through the plastic.

#4790 2 years ago

Posted on UM page, wondering if you guys could help:

Anyone know how to remove the metal disc part from the topper motor(not the plastic piece). Looks like it takes an Allen wrench, but I can’t seem to find one that fits.

****found a tool that fits.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4791 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There should be many new owners in the very near future.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Does this include butters? Was told by my distributor you had parts delays and none were shipping.

#4792 2 years ago

Look what showed up today! I’ll install tonight and report back. It’s built super solid and looks fantastic. I’m not sure I’ll use the pumpkin patch thing.

D5C1C4EE-6A86-454D-9C11-2AC0D3885126 (resized).jpegD5C1C4EE-6A86-454D-9C11-2AC0D3885126 (resized).jpeg
#4793 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Look what showed up today! I’ll install tonight and report back. It’s built super solid and looks fantastic. I’m not sure I’ll use the pumpkin patch thing. [quoted image]

Mine should arrive anytime! Let me know how the install goes.

#4794 2 years ago

Okay, install done. I modified a bit from the instructions.

For some reason, I couldn’t find the access hole underneath the playfield. My game seemed different than the pictures. Instead, I routed the cable behind the backboard and then underneath. This was much easier. Hopefully the Velcro will hold up. Pictures attached.

Anyway, the mod is super fun and I won’t spoil the surprises on the screen. Let’s just say Ghost Bob might say hello.

59F501FB-51AC-4E32-A48E-B7F63726E264 (resized).jpeg59F501FB-51AC-4E32-A48E-B7F63726E264 (resized).jpeg8B0F5ECF-8016-4DB5-81AB-C342016877D3 (resized).jpeg8B0F5ECF-8016-4DB5-81AB-C342016877D3 (resized).jpegA3048FC5-0009-4A00-AE57-D5004F85F5BA (resized).jpegA3048FC5-0009-4A00-AE57-D5004F85F5BA (resized).jpegAAA16CD3-3C97-40FE-A447-C02EA7C80D5B (resized).jpegAAA16CD3-3C97-40FE-A447-C02EA7C80D5B (resized).jpeg
#4795 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Look what showed up today! I’ll install tonight and report back. It’s built super solid and looks fantastic. I’m not sure I’ll use the pumpkin patch thing. [quoted image]

I am thinking of adding some brown or black wash to the roof to make it a little spookier..

#4796 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am thinking of adding some brown or black wash to the roof to make it a little spookier..

Yeah, I may do something similar. The mod itself is put together really well, but it’s very bright. The house is movie accurate (also white), but clashes a bit with the adjacent brown mold.

#4797 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:Look what showed up today! I’ll install tonight and report back. It’s built super solid and looks fantastic. I’m not sure I’ll use the pumpkin patch thing. [quoted image]

I must’ve missed this mod. Who makes it?

#4798 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I must’ve missed this mod. Who makes it?

Vimtoman. Search Halloween and Ultraman mod

#4800 2 years ago

I'm scared to ask, how much is that mod?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/96?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.