20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 339.
#4701 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No.
I think they refused to replace / repair you ACNC because you are a whining assed bitch.
The fact that you got hosed trying to flip a few of their games for profits is merely gravy.

D896F3B7-3A01-4BB0-A35D-8B7CBE606FC9 (resized).jpegD896F3B7-3A01-4BB0-A35D-8B7CBE606FC9 (resized).jpeg
#4702 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I'm not banned from any threads

I beg to differ... What does it say at the bottom of your last post in that thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/32#post-6830216

That's why you came to the Halloween thread when you never owned or ordered a Halloween. You can't complain in the Ultraman thread anymore so you came here to snivel. Like I said, move along... You wore out your welcome before you even came in this thread. Its a club thread, you ain't in the club.

#4703 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I beg to differ... What does it say at the bottom of your last post in that thread?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/32#post-6830216

Guess he has memory issues.

537F24DF-1760-4955-A282-B89B88DE6404 (resized).jpeg537F24DF-1760-4955-A282-B89B88DE6404 (resized).jpeg
#4704 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I agree, I just ordered the Myers house mod. It looks really cool!

Who sells the Myers House mod?

#4706 2 years ago

Seen him in other threads recently stirring up shit - guess it’s fun for him

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Guess he has memory issues.
[quoted image]

#4707 2 years ago

All over Facebook too. If there were a Twipy for “most tenacious troll” he would win hands down. He’d also win “most butthurt flipper”

Quoted from djsolzs:

Seen him in other threads recently stirring up shit - guess it’s fun for him

#4708 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:Owned around 100
Restored over 50 of them.
It's a fun hobby.
I make my income owning a medical manufacturing business that does well.
We have kept many pins for years if they are fun. Bksor, afm, taxi, MM, irom maiden.
If I buy a game and don't like it then I sell it. I fail to follow any of your logic.

Not just talking about you...if you don't like Spooky, and aren't trying to pump one up you have to sell, then I don't understand why you are in here...

Also don't really care ( with respect)....however, the logic part is very tangible. Even have side bets (no $$$) with some fellow Pinsiders, on how long they pump a game, sell spots, etc. just to keep it interesting. Incredibly predictable. Halloween doesn't fit the mold, and just very amusing ( and satisfying to a degree) to watch some squirm ....Again, not all about you ( haven't even run across you much)....

Anyway...done with this bandwidth.....it IS a fun hobby..I'll agree with you on that...

#4709 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

All over Facebook too. If there were a Twipy for “most tenacious troll” he would win hands down. He’d also win “most butthurt flipper”

Yeah I see him there also. Doesn’t he over hype games that he has that he is selling if I remember correctly? And charges a lot for them also?

#4710 2 years ago

Has anyone figured out the code update using a Mac? I don’t have a PC. Spooky said if I attempt the code update on a Mac, I could have to have the whole game reloaded. I rather not do that but the game needs code desperately. Could someone tell me how to update code on a Halloween from a Mac?

#4711 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Has anyone figured out the code update using a Mac? I don’t have a PC. Spooky said if I attempt the code update on a Mac, I could have to have the whole game reloaded. I rather not do that but the game needs code desperately. Could someone tell me how to update code on a Halloween from a Mac?

You really should get a PC. Or find someone who has one.

1B6843E3-9B97-4AA8-89A2-C4B3ADB2B0A0 (resized).jpeg1B6843E3-9B97-4AA8-89A2-C4B3ADB2B0A0 (resized).jpeg

#4712 2 years ago

You really should get a PC or find someone who has one.
[quoted image]

#4713 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Don't risk it, I'll send you my flash drive with the latest update on it. Just pay shipping your way and send it back once you're done

#4714 2 years ago

Wow that is incredibly nice of you. I'll pm you.

Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

Don't risk it, I'll send you my flash drive with the latest update on it. Just pay shipping your way and send it back once you're done

#4716 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Quiet in here .

The silence is deafening

#4717 2 years ago

P,ll

The silence is deafening

Less bitching!

#4718 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

P,ll

Less bitching!

Spooky has to start sending out machines again before people can start bitching again

#4719 2 years ago

I can see them now, GRINDING ON CODE…never sleeping. Lines and lines and lines…of code. Not those lines. But they may also help in staying awake haha.

Quoted from Bobbydevil:

Spooky has to start sending out machines again before people can start bitching again

#4720 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

I'm fine with the pace and wouldn't mind if they slow down if they need to. One of the guys just picked up an Ultraman and he has had some major QC issues and we're a third of the way into the total run it's a bit concerning at this point.

This gentlemen gave a great review of gameplay and whatnot. But when it came to QC.

"THE BAD
------------------------
- QC on my machine was out the window, hands down the worst I've seen in all my years of collecting.
----- My center drops were so crooked that they barely functioned. See previous pic.
----- My trough was missing screws, had crooked screws and was dangling when I first inspected it.
----- My scoop rejected 100% of shots. I shot the scoop for about 50 shots. None went in, no matter how I shot it.
----- My playfield was missing two important rubbers that I luckily had spares to install.
----- Under the ledge of my backbox is all scuffed.
----- The inner cab has drill wear through the paint all over. It's also missing one of the cab support screws.
----- Minor, but my shooter capsule is missing paint all over the place.
- There still are pretty bad bugs that can completely stop gameplay.
- You cannot adjust the outlanes. They are too friendly for my liking. I'll prob put shrinktubing on the outposts or something.

------------------------

Now, I understand that games need adjustement. Trust me, I do. This game, however, was well beyond what I'd expect. I was going to have friends over to play it on day 1, but I instead spent the evening fixing the damned thing. I'm patient and want to support small companies, but I honestly don't want to pay 12kCAD for a night of work. Luckily I have the paitence, tools and skill to fix it."

I don't think these types of issues should still be occuring, should they?

What is the quality of the latest HWNs?

#4721 2 years ago

Got the message this morning, for those that are keeping track: buttery goodness HW #287 is built and on a truck my way!

He is coming home, indeed.

#4722 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Got the message this morning, for those that are keeping track: buttery goodness HW #287 is built and on a truck my way!
He is coming home, indeed.

Direct from Spooky or through a distributor?
When did you make final payment? Just trying to estimate when to expect my delivery

#4723 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjlanham16:

Direct from Spooky or through a distributor?
When did you make final payment? Just trying to estimate when to expect my delivery

Direct, paid around 3 weeks ago.

#4724 2 years ago

There should be many new owners in the very near future.

20220406_141714 (resized).jpg20220406_141714 (resized).jpg20220406_141618 (resized).jpg20220406_141618 (resized).jpg

#4725 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you getting similar feedback from other customers and QC complaints that I posted above? He just got his UM and it was a mess apparently.

#4726 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Are you getting similar feedback from other customers and QC complaints that I posted above? He just got his UM and it was a mess apparently.

It sucks that it's happening at all, but that's definitely the exception. If anyone ever has issues, our service line number is printed inside every game.

#4727 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm fine with the pace and wouldn't mind if they slow down if they need to. One of the guys just picked up an Ultraman and he has had some major QC issues and we're a third of the way into the total run it's a bit concerning at this point.
This gentlemen gave a great review of gameplay and whatnot. But when it came to QC.
"THE BAD
------------------------
- QC on my machine was out the window, hands down the worst I've seen in all my years of collecting.
----- My center drops were so crooked that they barely functioned. See previous pic.
----- My trough was missing screws, had crooked screws and was dangling when I first inspected it.
----- My scoop rejected 100% of shots. I shot the scoop for about 50 shots. None went in, no matter how I shot it.
----- My playfield was missing two important rubbers that I luckily had spares to install.
----- Under the ledge of my backbox is all scuffed.
----- The inner cab has drill wear through the paint all over. It's also missing one of the cab support screws.
----- Minor, but my shooter capsule is missing paint all over the place.
- There still are pretty bad bugs that can completely stop gameplay.
- You cannot adjust the outlanes. They are too friendly for my liking. I'll prob put shrinktubing on the outposts or something.
------------------------
Now, I understand that games need adjustement. Trust me, I do. This game, however, was well beyond what I'd expect. I was going to have friends over to play it on day 1, but I instead spent the evening fixing the damned thing. I'm patient and want to support small companies, but I honestly don't want to pay 12kCAD for a night of work. Luckily I have the paitence, tools and skill to fix it."
I don't think these types of issues should still be occuring, should they?
What is the quality of the latest HWNs?

I'm expecting a hwn and a um ce soon. I've sat silent and patiently waiting. Im truly excited and can't wait to get my machines!! unlike some.
I EXPECT, DESERVE, and PAID to have my machines inspected and thoroughly tested before they leave the factory. If my machines are shipped like described above I will absolutely go F@#$ing bonkers!
THAT SAID...I don't expect them to arrive like that, but I'm asking please check my machines before they go out the door.
THANK YOU TEAM SPOOKY!

#4728 2 years ago

We definitely got slowed down for a bit as we were waiting to receive boards. But we never stopped building games throughout that time and have finally got them in. A massive amount of games are being cleared and heading out the door now!
Thank you for your patience everybody.

Hoping to see everyone at MGC and Pinfest in the next upcoming weeks.

#4729 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

P,ll

Less bitching!

Was talking about the thread being quiet. I seemed to wake you up apparently.

#4730 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

We definitely got slowed down for a bit as we were waiting to receive boards. But we never stopped building games throughout that time and have finally got them in. A massive amount of games are being cleared and heading out the door now!
Thank you for your patience everybody.
Hoping to see everyone at MGC and Pinfest in the next upcoming weeks.

What number are you up to that you expect to ship out soon? Thanks for the update!

#4731 2 years ago

Was talking about the thread being quiet. I seemed to wake you up apparently.

Wrong answer, but I see where you are coming from.

#4732 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I'm expecting a hwn and a um ce soon. I've sat silent and patiently waiting. Im truly excited and can't wait to get my machines!! unlike some.
I EXPECT, DESERVE, and PAID to have my machines inspected and thoroughly tested before they leave the factory. If my machines are shipped like described above I will absolutely go F@#$ing bonkers!
THAT SAID...I don't expect them to arrive like that, but I'm asking please check my machines before they go out the door.
THANK YOU TEAM SPOOKY!

Calm down... You have to keep in mind that no matter how well they build them these still bounce around in boxes and on pallets during transport and sometimes things come loose and you just have to be prepared to deal with some issues. It's pinball.

The QC review posted before from Ultraman CE seems, well, BS. The issues they're describing simply seem too far fetched for me to believe. It's one thing to have loose wires and such but to claim entire screws/pieces were missing is just extremely hard to believe... Take that for what you will...

Jeff

#4733 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Calm down... You have to keep in mind that no matter how well they build them these still bounce around in boxes and on pallets during transport and sometimes things come loose and you just have to be prepared to deal with some issues. It's pinball.
The QC review posted before from Ultraman CE seems, well, BS. The issues they're describing simply seem too far fetched for me to believe. It's one thing to have loose wires and such but to claim entire screws/pieces were missing is just extremely hard to believe... Take that for what you will...
Jeff

He showed pics in the teardown he did to fix issues. You can clearly see some of the issues he describes.

I don't expect a perfect pin, but if I get 920 and the same issues are present, that would suck. In no way, shape or form am I expecting to tear apart upper playfields to fix issues.

Seriously not trying to stir up any issues but when you get someone that seems to know their way about a pinball machines and they are able to articulate the problems they had and later show the pics and fixes they made, it's concerning when Spooky says well this must be a one off. When screws are missing that hold up the trough, screw holes drilled in the wrong spots, or corner supports are missing, those are big issues to miss at this point.

#4734 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

He showed pics in the teardown he did to fix issues. You can clearly see some of the issues he describes.
I don't expect a perfect pin, but if I get 920 and the same issues are present, that would suck. In no way, shape or form am I expecting to tear apart upper playfields to fix issues.
Seriously not trying to stir up any issues but when you get someone that seems to know their way about a pinball machines and they are able to articulate the problems they had and later show the pics and fixes they made, it's concerning when Spooky says well this must be a one off. When screws are missing that hold up the trough, screw holes drilled in the wrong spots, or corner supports are missing, those are big issues to miss at this point.

Fair enough, people can downvote my post as they see fit then. No need for me to get into a back and forth with anyone as to this situation.

Absolutely people should have the expectation of receiving a properly assembled, tested, and working game.

Jeff

#4735 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

I'm as calm as can be. Thought I made that clear, but i guess not. I've had numerous nib pins shipped to me. Thanks for the shipping 101 lesson. I can tell the difference between a wire coming loose in shipping and a qc guy not doing there job or overlooking something.

So please....calm yourself down.

Especially if your calling the poster above a liar. That's a pretty big claim.

#4736 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Fair enough, people can downvote my post as they see fit then. No need for me to get into a back and forth with anyone as to this situation.
Absolutely people should have the expectation of receiving a properly assembled, tested, and working game.
Jeff

Amen brother, I totally agree with your last statement.

#4737 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wrong answer, but I see where you are coming from.

Not a wrong answer. You felt the need to reply stop bitching with an exclamation point.

#4738 2 years ago

Not a wrong answer. You felt the need to reply stop bitching with an exclamation point.

See, wrong answer. The bitching comment was about the next code drop, early animations and and knife plunger delivered is what I was talking about, that's bitching.

You assumed, incorrectly, and here we are. Wrong answer, cause all those things you mentioned can be corrected in time. If the same physical/build issues are still occuring 1/3 of the way through, that's different. I assume you feel the same way?⁰

#4739 2 years ago

Pinside is wild.

E4F63852-E607-4BF1-8217-ADCD78115EBB (resized).jpegE4F63852-E607-4BF1-8217-ADCD78115EBB (resized).jpeg
#4740 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Awesome sight !!

#4741 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Pinside is wild.
[quoted image]

Now, that's Bitchen!!!!

#4742 2 years ago

From an owner of 5 Spooky titles - having zero issues on any (well i did adjust flipper resting position on Alice to make orbits easier for me to hit) - i have no concerns with how i will receive my HLWN. I can’t be that lucky to only get properly functioning machines each time.

I’m not saying any of the issues claimed are untrue. But i do think these are exceptions and not the rules based on my own experience. I’m sure Spooky will take care of anything not up to standard.

Not sure if this post qualifies me as a fanboy but if so I wonder if i shud get sent a Spooky T-Shirt. I’ll even wear it at Pinfest. If you got any of those ‘make you look jacked but hide the gut’ shirts that would be great

#4743 2 years ago

Man o man I’m pretty sure mines in there somewhere.

Quoted from lpeters82:

#4744 2 years ago

Starting to see powdercoat issues already on rails by the flipper buttons
I have had ACNC longer and no issues.

16493412760533785897748560066334 (resized).jpg16493412760533785897748560066334 (resized).jpg16493412993982008991521994493534 (resized).jpg16493412993982008991521994493534 (resized).jpg

16493413919687951324694586335716 (resized).jpg16493413919687951324694586335716 (resized).jpg
#4745 2 years ago

Just received final invoice for 417 CE and should ship in next couple weeks.

Purchased from Chris at KingPin...w/butter cab

Just for info...the email for butter/no-butter was 3/20

--Ron

#4746 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

[quoted image]

My ACNC has the same type of powder as Halloween, and its rubbing off also. I think most of the smooth powder holds up longer then the vein powder.

#4747 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

[quoted image]

Unfortunately mine is doing the same. My Alice Cooper has the vein powder coat as well and is doing the same.

I love the look and texture of the vein but if it rubs off this quick, I hope Spooky finds a different solution for powder coating their future games.

333EB062-4F5E-4A3C-9BC2-4112500794E1.jpeg333EB062-4F5E-4A3C-9BC2-4112500794E1.jpeg8735B84B-FECD-4141-A363-FCA7D29F4647.jpeg8735B84B-FECD-4141-A363-FCA7D29F4647.jpeg
#4748 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

[quoted image]

Anyone have any ideas or things they have done to prevent this from happening (aside from what Spooky could/should do differently). IE: Put Mylar or some kind of clear coat over high touch areas around the flippers? I’d would really hate to have this happen so hoping to do something right when mine arrives.

#4749 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Anyone have any ideas or things they have done to prevent this from happening (aside from what Spooky could/should do differently). IE: Put Mylar or some kind of clear coat over high touch areas around the flippers? I’d would really hate to have this happen so hoping to do something right when mine arrives.

I guess I will have to start wearing gloves only when I play this machine?

#4750 2 years ago

Mine doing the same as well. Was able to purchase a new lockdown bar from Morgan, but don't want to use it unless I clear it or something.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 49.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/95?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.