Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 340.
#4651 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

eBay. A 12" x 12" piece of 1/4" poly cost me $20 shipped. And if I'm careful, that will be enough to cut two pieces.

What will you use to cut it? Looking forward to see your progress. Thanks

#4652 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Great idea! I wonder how simple a design that would be utilizing the shooter lane switch.

no idea. But Lermods could do it!

#4653 2 years ago

Overall, I expected to see some more mod choices for Halloween at this point. If I had any creative bone in my body, I'd try, but that is much better left to those that can. Hopefully, some good options come about!

#4654 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Overall, I expected to see some more mod choices for Halloween at this point. If I had any creative bone in my body, I'd try, but that is much better left to those that can. Hopefully, some good options come about!

I agree, I just ordered the Myers house mod. It looks really cool!

#4656 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Check the solder joints on the opto. A cracked joint will behave like this on Rick and Morty.

I’ll check but if I manually put the ball in the middle it’ll release. The ball does drift to the right so it’s farthest from the left opto.

#4657 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I agree, I just ordered the Myers house mod. It looks really cool!

I ordered it also. Really surprised not many mods made either but does it really even need them? Unlike GZ pro, that I bought a bunch for. That one really needed it.

I got my email notification from my distributor and what’s the turnaround time lately for the pin to ship once e-mail received?

Seems quiet on the shipping end lately.

#4658 2 years ago

The best two scary pins out there

EDIT - can’t forget ALIEN! Top 3!

EC8A4333-3784-4D95-98D6-97AED87DD089 (resized).jpegEC8A4333-3784-4D95-98D6-97AED87DD089 (resized).jpeg

#4659 2 years ago

Deflector stuff:

Completed the deflector (scoop) replacement yesterday. Results are dramatic and the shot is now very, very consistent (for me = average player)..backhand or left flipper

Disclaimer - I did this to my game, my opinion and logic...just sharing if anyone wants to go down this road....

PITA factor - medium to high. Things are very tight in there, potential for screws or small spacer (subway) to drop into bad places. Patience will be your friend on this one. I pulled the subway down (didn't need to remove) to get to things. Total time (including lunch break when I lost a screw, lol = around 3 hours w testing). Not an easy task..be honest w yourself regarding your tools/ skillset, and get help if you need it....no sense breaking anything....

Profanity factor - varies on if you drop/ lose a screw, lol...I got through it pretty well...

Used #535-8250-04 as a base (suggestion from another Pinsider) as it had the shape I was needing, based on my bench mock (easier than making a new one). didn't want a rounded scoop, rather a direction focused deflector.

You'll have to drill a center hole for the post and file/ grind the sides a bit to fit, but well worth it, as the shape is superior to the 3 hole version (again, just my take)

Included some before and after pics. You can see where the ball is hitting high on the original, causing it to reject or hit the front of the hole protector. Rebending will keep things working ok, but over time the ball is definitely going to bend the top back.

The new shape allows the ball to be "deeper" into the hole area before impact, coupled with the distinct bend fires the ball down, straight into the hole. The bend also provides much more strength to the piece. I put a 3/16 rubber on the center post (used to avoid a ball trap from above) along w slightly offsetting the center hole to allow it to press against the back as well.

Very tidey, and night and day performance (for me). Pics should tell the story....first 2 are the end product, middle 3 show the center hole drilled (unfinished edges), impact on original, side by side difference, last shows the original.
deflect1 (resized).jpgdeflect1 (resized).jpgdeflect2 (resized).jpgdeflect2 (resized).jpgdeflect3 (resized).jpgdeflect3 (resized).jpgdeflect4 (resized).jpgdeflect4 (resized).jpgdeflect5 (resized).jpgdeflect5 (resized).jpgdeflect6 (resized).jpgdeflect6 (resized).jpg

#4660 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Deflector stuff:
Completed the deflector (scoop) replacement yesterday. Results are dramatic and the shot is now very, very consistent (for me = average player)..backhand or left flipper
Disclaimer - I did this to my game, my opinion and logic...just sharing if anyone wants to go down this road....
PITA factor - medium to high. Things are very tight in there, potential for screws or small spacer (subway) to drop into bad places. Patience will be your friend on this one. I pulled the subway down (didn't need to remove) to get to things. Total time (including lunch break when I lost a screw, lol = around 3 hours w testing). Not an easy task..be honest w yourself regarding your tools/ skillset, and get help if you need it....no sense breaking anything....
Profanity factor - varies on if you drop/ lose a screw, lol...I got through it pretty well...
Used #535-8250-04 as a base (suggestion from another Pinsider) as it had the shape I was needing, based on my bench mock (easier than making a new one). didn't want a rounded scoop, rather a direction focused deflector.
You'll have to drill a center hole for the post and file/ gring the sides a bit to fit, but well worth it, as the shape is superior to the 3 hole version (again, just my take)
Included some before and after pics. You can see where the ball is hitting high on the original, causing it to reject or hit the front of the hole protector. Rebending will keep things working ok, but over time the ball is definitely going to bend the top back.
The new shape allows the ball to be "deeper" into the hole area before impact, coupled with the distinct bend fires the ball down, straight into the hole. The bend also provides much more strength to the piece. I put a 3/16 rubber on the center post (used to avoid a ball trap from above) along w slightly offsetting the center hole to allow it to press against the back as well.
Very tidey, and night and day performance (for me). Pics should tell the story....first 2 are the end product, middle 3 show the center hole drilled (unfinished edges), impact on original, side by side difference, last shows the original.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the write up. Man that stock scoop took some beating. Do you think it’s necessary to drill out that middle hole on the replacement scoop?

#4661 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thanks for the write up. Man that stock scoop took some beating. Do you think it’s necessary to drill out that middle hole on the replacement scoop?

Yes, as the center post behind uses a wood screw to go through the center hole, attaches directly to playfield.. saw another post w a different model having the 3 holes already....felt the shape of the deflector I chose would work best.

Must put that post back in to prevent ball traps from Sanitarium above.

Any deflector, scoop, etc. Is going to get smacked ALOT being so close to the flippers as in this design ( Tron, Xmen come to my immediate mind).

Given Halloween uses a deflector, not a scoop, definitely needs to absorb the hit, and send the ball into the hole, where a scoop is more of a guide to absorb the hit via a path, then of course launches it back out.

#4662 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes, as the center post behind uses a wood screw to go through the center hole, attaches directly to playfield.. saw another post w a different model having the 3 holes already....felt the shape of the deflector I chose would work best.
Must put that post back in to prevent ball traps from Sanitarium above.
Any deflector, scoop, etc. Is going to get smacked ALOT being so close to the flippers as in this design ( Tron, Xmen come to my immediate mind).
Given Halloween uses a deflector, not a scoop, definitely needs to absorb the hit, and send the ball into the hole, where a scoop is more of a guide to absorb the hit via a path, then of course launches it back out.

Oh ok. Thank you so much for the information. Otherwise how are you enjoying the game?

#4663 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Oh ok. Thank you so much for the information. Otherwise how are you enjoying the game?

Play it almost every evening....absolutely love it...a shotmaker for sure ( which Im not great at) and the whole vibe is really awesome.

Im starting and ending my "Pin nights" when I get to play...different than anything else in the lineup ( you can see mine). Very worthy of a keeper imho

#4664 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Play it almost every evening....absolutely love it...a shotmaker for sure ( which Im not great at) and the whole vibe is really awesome.
Im starting and ending my "Pin nights" when I get to play...different than anything else in the lineup ( you can see mine). Very worthy of a keeper imho

Totally a keeper for me too. Besides the theme being amazing… I think it’s easy to understand. I have sterns that still confuse me on what I need to do half the time.

#4665 2 years ago

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I didn't find it in the key topics.

I am a Mac user and totally confused by the update instructions. I downloaded a file which is named code_H78.pkg. What do I need to do now to get the necessary files on a USB drive to update the game. I am used to .pkg files being used to install on my computer, so I am reluctant to double click on the file. Their instructions are incredibly lacking.

Would appreciate any help from the community. Thanks!

#4666 2 years ago

being able to hit the scoop is definitely nice feeling. I might order that other deflector for ours, but lol it was a PIA to get it off and the other on.

#4667 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Deflector stuff:

You'll have to drill a center hole for the post and file/ grind the sides a bit to fit, but well worth it, as the shape is superior to the 3 hole version (again, just my take)

That looks like a lot of effort, but it's good to hear it was worth the trouble. Thanks for documenting this. I'm probably going to order a new deflector and I don't even have my game yet.

#4668 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I didn't find it in the key topics.
I am a Mac user and totally confused by the update instructions. I downloaded a file which is named code_H78.pkg. What do I need to do now to get the necessary files on a USB drive to update the game. I am used to .pkg files being used to install on my computer, so I am reluctant to double click on the file. Their instructions are incredibly lacking.
Would appreciate any help from the community. Thanks!

Get a PC... Not trying to be sarcastic but all you need to do is properly format the USB drive and drop the package (as a single file, no special extraction necessary) on the drive and you're done. The problem here is the MAC doesn't seem to format the drive quite right but the instructions themselves are pretty simple. Download, copy, install...

Jeff

#4669 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The best two scary pins out there
[quoted image]

Alien is pretty good to.

#4670 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Alien is pretty good to.

100% right. I totally forgot about Alien as I’m waiting for my LV to arrive! I actually enjoy it more than the other two.

No chance for a pic since Alien will be on the other side but best three out there!

#4671 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

100% right. I totally forgot about Alien as I’m waiting for my LV to arrive! I actually enjoy it more than the other two.
No chance for a pic since Alien will be on the other side but best three out there!

And I have Tales From the Crypt across from those.

20211103_232149 (resized).jpg20211103_232149 (resized).jpg
#4672 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is great work. I gotta know. How did you get those screws out without removing the posts?

#4673 2 years ago

I haven't played Alien but I travel regularly to play ACNC and I have halloween and TFTC. ACNC is really an outstanding game, im saving my pennies to get one someday. TFTC is an outstanding game underrated in my opinion.

Quoted from kciaccio:

[quoted image]

#4674 2 years ago

About to ship out my Halloween and wondering if I need to detach the topper since it seems so fragile. Any tips appreciated!

#4675 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I played it on location early on, played a CE #10. So of course very early code. I am not a Halloween fan and haven’t seen the movie yet (born in 1971)). Pin is for my wife and kids, but I really enjoyed it, a lot!

I had no idea how they would translate horror to a pin, and boy did they. The artwork in person is awesome and the light show was great. Only thing I didn’t like is the flimsy deflector by targets and the knife. But that’s just minor gripes.

I will watch Halloween before #481 arrives. Got me email last week so hopefully hear something soon. Can’t wIt to unbox it.

< blockquote cite="#6864855">Totally a keeper for me too. Besides the theme being amazing… I think it’s easy to understand. I have sterns that still confuse me on what I need to do half the time.

I have and love AIQ and GZ, and I do get lost on what to shoot. But damn it is fun. EHOH is definitely one you are shown were to shoot. Love that game.

I think Halloween will be sought after later and some of those who bailed early on will regret it. Unfortunately many thought they would flip it early on or FOMO hit.

#4676 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

About to ship out my Halloween and wondering if I need to detach the topper since it seems so fragile. Any tips appreciated!

If you remove it I would buy some soft foam and bubble wrap it. Box it up then. If it’s being shipped with legs on would try to put it in the cabinet wrapped up and taped down with packing tape.

But I don’t have the pin yet and not sure if the topper will fit in the cabinet.

#4677 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

NIB shipment arrives with 2 of the 3 slices detached: Easy enough to remove by pinching in the pressure fitting to remove the plastics. Depending on how you're shipping your game, removal of the topper may be a wise "ounce of prevention" vs trying to repair after-the-fact. Good luck with what ever you comfortable with.

#4678 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

[quoted image]

Love that pic; if I had room for three machines that would be my exact lineup.

#4679 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Alien is pretty good to.

Yep....still my most immersive game (I've got the HW original)....Sci-Fi horror however, so a different kind of fright. Halloween is very unique and addresses my horror fix in it's own way....(would offer BSD in this category, as the game can be quite terrifying in it's own right).

Fun to have a legit add to the mix.....much appreciated Spooky!!

#4680 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

This is great work. I gotta know. How did you get those screws out without removing the posts?

Have a set of right angle, thin open end wrenches that did the trick. Legit PITA, however. Unscrewing and lowering the subway allowed me to gain access to the upper and lower areas......definitely a head scratcher, and definitely thought about it awhile before going at it......

#4681 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

[quoted image]

That's a spooky lineup for sure. Awesome choice of games!

#4682 2 years ago

Had an odd thing happen on ultraman in a tournament last weekend..guy tilted.
Ball went into scoop and it let him cash in spacium (blood drops) even after tilt. I tried this today on Halloween on purpose. If I tilted and fell into scoop...or tilted while in scoop..it still let me cash in blood drops..and start a mode. Then I could play a mode while it still says tilt.. and could also shake the crap out of game and get no warning or tilt and keep playing.

IMG_20220404_152004 (resized).jpgIMG_20220404_152004 (resized).jpgIMG_20220404_152057 (resized).jpgIMG_20220404_152057 (resized).jpgIMG_20220404_152153 (resized).jpgIMG_20220404_152153 (resized).jpg
#4683 2 years ago

Because Spooky sucks at code.

Service menu, game play, animations, etc. It is all the worst

TNA is good but Spooky didn't write that.
Danesi knows how to make a pin

#4684 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Sterns is better on service menu?

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#4685 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Weren't you banned from the Ultraman thread for this exact BS that you love to post? Move on dude..

#4686 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

#4687 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Sterns is better on service menu?[quoted image]

10000x better!

#4688 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Weren't you banned from the Ultraman thread for this exact BS that you love to post? Move on dude..

I bought a ACNC and it was built horribly bad. Sent it back to get a dozen issues fixed. They kept it and refunded me. (Lost money on shipping and was surprised I'd never get the game back)

Promised me Ultraman was going to be different and ok for tournaments.

It wasn't. Both Halloween and Ultraman should never be in tournaments.

Love my TNA, but the only thing Spooky was responsible for was assembly.

I'm not banned from any threads

#4689 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I bought a ACNC and it was built horribly bad. Sent it back to get a dozen issues fixed. They kept it and refunded me.

Hahhaha!

Hysterical.

And instead of learning your lesson, you doubled down on the Flip.

... and You Lost!

Gotta love Spooky giving you what you deserve.

#4690 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

TNA is good but Spooky didn't write that.
Danesi knows how to make a pin

Fortunately you don't have to own one, so shouldn't bother you.

Blanket bashing a company or broadstroke things is sort of ridiculous, especially in a club thread. REALLY like my R&M, as well as Halloween...guess I'm doomed....not....

#4691 2 years ago

Back to "He Comes Home".... waiting for the delivery at this point... I've been asking everyone that passes my block / delivery person or not...

"You got that Spooky Halloween pin" ?! lol

ezgif-1-d76007d28b.gifezgif-1-d76007d28b.gif

#4692 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Hahhaha!
Hysterical.
... and You Lost!

Yep....a quick check of "owned games" vs "owned in the past" can quantify a poster real quick.....6-8 "keepers" with 80+ in the past tells a tale. Basic math, compared to how long they've been in the community paints the picture.....but they are experts....just ask, lol

Used to bother me, especially when I really liked the title...now I'm indifferent to it.

#4693 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Back to "He Comes Home".... waiting for the delivery at this point...

Radio silence...

#4694 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Hahhaha!
Hysterical.
... and You Lost!

You don't understand

I received one of the last acnc
Built around 6 months ago

I had already ordered my Ultraman and Halloween. They would not refund me for those. Only a "forced" refund for acnc.

Not very funny now is it?

#4695 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I received one of the last acnc
Built around 6 months ago

I had already ordered my Ultraman and Halloween. They would not refund me for those

Not very funny now is it?

I uderstand completely. You are the type of person that gets exactly what they deserve from Customer Service.

Go look in the mirror. There is your problem. Looking right back at you.

#4696 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep....a quick check of "owned games" vs "owned in the past" can quantify a poster real quick.....6-8 "keepers" with 80+ in the past tells a tale. Basic math, compared to how long they've been in the community paints the picture.....but they are experts....just ask, lol
Used to bother me, especially when I really liked the title...now I'm indifferent to it.

Owned around 100
Restored over 50 of them.
It's a fun hobby.

I make my income owning a medical manufacturing business that does well.
We have kept many pins for years if they are fun. Bksor, afm, taxi, MM, irom maiden.

If I buy a game and don't like it then I sell it. I fail to follow any of your logic.

#4697 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I uderstand completely. You are the type of person that gets exactly what they deserve from Customer Service.
Go look in the mirror. There is your problem. Looking right back at you.

You think Spooky builds non-functional pins to punish customers? (Why am I replying to this moron?)

I don't have any issues with any pinball manufacturers or aftermarket manufacturers or distributors. Its all good. I'm happy with everything pinball except my experience with Spooky.

The hired artist did a great job on the Butter cabinet ACNC and Ultraman I owned! Those Two are hands down the best looking pins I've ever owned! It's a shame they played so poor. I REALLY wanted to make it work, but I host tournaments and those two couldn't be used. No way!

#4698 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

You think Spooky builds non-functional pins to punish customers? (Why am I replying to this moron?)
I don't have any issues with any pinball manufacturers or aftermarket manufacturers or distributors. Its all good. I'm happy with everything pinball except my experience with Spooky.
The hired artist did a great job on the Butter cabinet ACNC and Ultraman I owned! Those Two are hands down the best looking pins I've ever owned! It's a shame they played so poor. I REALLY wanted to make it work, but I host tournaments and those two couldn't be used. No way!

Why? Are? You? Here? It's one thing to have an issue and come here to report that issue looking for help. It's an entirely different issue when you come here simply to troll.

Jeff

#4699 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

You think Spooky builds non-functional pins to punish customers?

No.

I think they refused to replace / repair you ACNC because you are a whining assed bitch.

The fact that you got hosed trying to flip a few of their games for profits is merely gravy.

#4700 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No.
I think they refused to replace / repair you ACNC because you are a whining assed bitch.
The fact that you got hosed trying to flip a few of their games for profits is merely gravy.

I wish I could upvote this more than once. You get the mic drop of the day award. Well played!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
There are 16,954 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/94?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.