Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,957 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 340.
#4601 2 years ago
Quoted from Botfly:

Yes I have and they keep telling me soon. I would rather just drop the subject and move on.

You will be fine. Have you played this machine yet if not is going to be well worth the wait trust me.

#4602 2 years ago

TPF blood

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4603 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

TPF blood[quoted image]

i bought the same one at tpf.. those guys sell some cool pinball stuff.. my halloween number is 507 or 508 i forgot

#4604 2 years ago

Thanks for the car idea. Put one in today. Looks great!

20220330_163546 (resized).jpg20220330_163546 (resized).jpg20220330_163549 (resized).jpg20220330_163549 (resized).jpg
#4605 2 years ago

What’s the word on next code update? Anyone hear anything about the new animation company’s additions?

#4606 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

Thanks for the car idea. Put one in today. Looks great!
[quoted image][quoted image]

where to buy? thanks

#4607 2 years ago
Quoted from NewmanJerry:

where to buy? thanks

Buy a 1979 matchbox station wagon online. You'll have to paint and add logo. I drilled and put a green LED and tied to 12v off power supply. Credit goes to John_C. Great idea and looks like it belongs there.

#4608 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

Butterbox email: 3.16.22
Invoiced: 3.24.22
Haven’t received an email yet about picking it up (I’m a couple hrs and a few podcasts away from Spooky). I also opted for the butter cab so it may take longer. My luck isn’t the best so I’m estimating summer of 2027.

What number?

#4609 2 years ago

He's 364. You're 320 and still waiting it seems?

#4610 2 years ago

Noticing a crack on the plastic above the three drop targets. Seems like a simple piece to replace. Am I going to have to make my own or does anyone know where to find a replacement?

#4611 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Noticing a crack on the plastic above the three drop targets. Seems like a simple piece to replace. Am I going to have to make my own or does anyone know where to find a replacement?

Maybe the manufacturer?

#4612 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Maybe the manufacturer?

They got back to me right away and will be sending a replacement. I am not used to these immediate replies when contacting customer support.

#4613 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

They got back to me right away and will be sending a replacement. I am not used to these immediate replies when contacting customer support.

Welcome to Spooky! They are an awesome crew.

#4614 2 years ago

That piece of plastic over the drop targets must get a lot of abuse and I'm guessing it's a common point of failure. I am currently awaiting a replacement piece for my machine and my friend's machine also has the same broken shield.

I think rather than just reinstall a new OEM piece, I'm gonna use my replacement piece as a template and cut out a new piece from quarter-inch polycarbonate (thanks, MK6PIN). And because the existing posts used to secure this shield are way too short anyway, I'm gonna replace them with hex stand-offs. With the hex stand-offs, I'll be able to use 6/32 machine screws to attach the shield to the posts.

#4615 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

That piece of plastic over the drop targets must get a lot of abuse and I'm guessing it's a common point of failure. I am currently awaiting a replacement piece for my machine and my friend's machine also has the same broken shield.
I think rather than just reinstall a new OEM piece, I'm gonna use my replacement piece as a template and cut out a new piece from quarter-inch plexiglass. And because the existing posts used to secure this shield are way too short anyway, I'm gonna replace them with hex stand-offs. With the hex stand-offs, I'll be able to use 6/32 machine screws to attach the shield to the posts.

PETG or polycarbonate for sure ( not acrylic). Suspect something along those lines will be offered at some point....

#4616 2 years ago

So our game is #133 and we have yet to receive the knife shooter rod. anyone got any idea on if they have been shipping out these or what?

#4617 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

So our game is #133 and we have yet to receive the knife shooter rod. anyone got any idea on if they have been shipping out these or what?

Bug Spooky. That is what I did. They sent it pretty quickly after that.

#4618 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Bug Spooky. That is what I did. They sent it pretty quickly after that.

contacted spooky and distributer 3x already with no answer about it. why I'm asking here

#4619 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

contacted spooky and distributer 3x already with no answer about it. why I'm asking here

Call them. Don't rely on emails.

#4620 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

Hey guys! Apologies for my absence I took a little break during TPF! Its possible your emails are going to spam or something odd. That happens alot. I will be catching up on here and emails.

#4621 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's 364. You're 320 and still waiting it seems?

Exactly. Distributor says there are some parts delays at Spooky holding these up, just not sure what they are or when they will ship. Mine's a butter. Got the email and invoice last month.

#4622 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

I think rather than just reinstall a new OEM piece, I'm gonna use my replacement piece as a template and cut out a new piece from quarter-inch polycarbonate. And because the existing posts used to secure this shield are way too short anyway, I'm gonna replace them with hex stand-offs. With the hex stand-offs, I'll be able to use 6/32 machine screws to attach the shield to the posts.

That shield is a pain to replace. I replaced mine a couple of months ago and discovered that you really don't need any fasteners to hold the shield in place under the upper playfield, just the exposed post on the left by the hedge. The fit is so tight at the posts that the shield isn't going anywhere, and is probably the reason why it snapped there in the first place. That shield hasn't come close to popping off or breaking in well over 1000 plays since the replacement, so maybe allowing it to flex a bit has kept it from snapping. A stronger piece would be a plus, the OEM piece is flimsy.

Only issue with your proposed machine screw solution is just getting access to those fasteners buried underneath both of those playfields. It is pretty tight under there.

#4623 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

That shield is a pain to replace. I replaced mine a couple of months ago and discovered that you really don't need any fasteners to hold the shield in place under the upper playfield, just the exposed post on the left by the hedge. The fit is so tight at the posts that the shield isn't going anywhere, and is probably the reason why it snapped there in the first place. That shield hasn't come close to popping off or breaking in well over 1000 plays since the replacement, so maybe allowing it to flex a bit has kept it from snapping. A stronger piece would be a plus, the OEM piece is flimsy.
Only issue with your proposed machine screw solution is just getting access to those fasteners buried underneath both of those playfields. It is pretty tight under there.

Great insight and appreciated!! I would think at that length, flexing is survival.....believe PETG would be a great choice in material..maybe someone could get slightly creative with it....I'm tinkering in other areas...such a great game....can't stop playing the freakin thing!!

#4624 2 years ago

What’s the size of the deflector. Found a site that cuts to order. Also what’s a good thickness for the replacement? Don’t have my pin yet so will have a replacement ready. I played it and the flimsiness of it is bad. Knife looks cheap but my only two complaints about it.

#4625 2 years ago

Speaking of the knife, I am planning on replacing the fake knife over the shooting lane with a real one once I get my game. Been exploring options and just curious if anyone can give the total length of the fake knife that is in the game? That would make shopping for a replacement a little easier as I don't want to get anything too big (or small). I know there was mention of the Kai Cut 12" which I believe is around 16"-18" total length. Just looking for the actual measurements of the plastic knife that's in there.

Thanks!

#4626 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys! Apologies for my absence I took a little break during TPF! Its possible your emails are going to spam or something odd. That happens alot. I will be catching up on here and emails.

Sorry I missed you at TPF, Luke - every time I went by the Spooky booth you weren't there. Met a couple other nice folks though. Glad you could make it! Got a lot done on Halloween and Ultraman both! haha

#4627 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Just looking for the actual measurements of the plastic knife that's in there. Thanks!

From the tip of the blade to the tip of the handle is 17 5/8 inches.

#4628 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What’s the size of the deflector. Also what’s a good thickness for the replacement?

Attached is a pic of the deflector. The OEM deflector is only 1/16" thick and you can see how little material there is on the right side and around the screw holes.

I will be replacing this with a 1/4" thick piece of polycarbonate and will modify the design a little bit so that it's more durable.

Deflector (resized).jpgDeflector (resized).jpg
#4629 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

From the tip of the blade to the tip of the handle is 17 5/8 inches.

Thanks... Appreciate the quick response. I had a KaiCut blade won on ebay, but 3 days later, the seller refunded me and told me they could no longer find the knife. So I am back on the hunt. I would get the actual reproduction of the original Halloween knife that they sell on that movie prop site, but it is not real metal and I would assume not be much of an upgrade over what is already in there. Looking at the vintage Lamson blades now since that is actually what was used in the movie.

#4630 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Thanks... Appreciate the quick response. I had a KaiCut blade won on ebay, but 3 days later, the seller refunded me and told me they could no longer find the knife. So I am back on the hunt. I would get the actual reproduction of the original Halloween knife that they sell on that movie prop site, but it is not real metal and I would assume not be much of an upgrade over what is already in there.

Be aware that a real knife will change the game play a little. The plastic one flexes and allows the ball to fall into the shooter lane while a real one won't.

#4631 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Be aware that a real knife will change the game play a little. The plastic one flexes and allows the ball to fall into the shooter lane while a real one won't.

I have never played and do not have my game yet. At what point does the ball fall into the shooter lane with the knife flexing? Are you talking about airballs that may land on top? Just from pictures and video I have seen, I thought the knife is over the shooter lane and the ball launches underneath it? Sorry for my ignorance. Just not understanding when the ball would be falling into the shooter lane?

Thanks...

#4632 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I have never played and do not have my game yet. At what point does the ball fall into the shooter lane with the knife flexing? Are you talking about airballs that may land on top? Just from pictures and video I have seen, I thought the knife is over the shooter lane and the ball launches underneath it? Sorry for my ignorance. Just not understanding when the ball would be falling into the shooter lane?
Thanks...

There are times the ball drains from the mid-level playfield back into the shooter lane over the knife. There have also been times the ball can be deflected off the knife and then down the right drain lane. The plastic fake knife doesn't bother me but I can see why some may want to put a real one in its place. Just be careful of slicing your hand when servicing/polishing the pf. It's a great game - played 20 games today and still enjoying every second.

#4633 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Thanks...

You’re right…airballs. If the knife is ridgid, you may just lose your ball as it will end up in the Outlane, instead of flexing the knife and ending up in the shooter lane.

#4634 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

There are times the ball drains from the mid-level playfield back into the shooter lane over the knife. There have also been times the ball can be deflected off the knife and then down the right drain lane. The plastic fake knife doesn't bother me but I can see why some may want to put a real one in its place. Just be careful of slicing your hand when servicing/polishing the pf. It's a great game - played 20 games today and still enjoying every second.

The knife definitely bothered me when I played it. Looked cheap. I ordered a replacement one online from a Halloween horror site and it was the same knife. So will wait till I get my pin. But otherwise loved everything else.

#4635 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Ah, okay.. So it is a fluke occasion (airball or falling off upper) when this occurs. I think I can live with a drain in those situations since it is not a deliberate action. As for cutting myself, I will be getting an actual used knife from the 70's and will make sure to dull it pretty good before I put it in! Haha! If I didn't, it would be just my luck to slice myself when working on the game.

#4636 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Ah, okay.. So it is a fluke occasion (airball or falling off upper) when this occurs. I think I can live with a drain in those situations since it is not a deliberate action. As for cutting myself, I will be getting an actual used knife from the 70's and will make sure to dull it pretty good before I put it in! Haha! If I didn't, it would be just my luck to slice myself when working on the game.

Have to laugh at myself as I think of "occupational hazards" from pinball, more times than not, it's my bloody fingers that are beat to sh*t after playing these games: half the time I work those flipper buttons like they're old type writer keys. Oh, life sure is tough.... You are going to enjoy this game when it get home. I just love going from Spooky games (HW78 to RNM then to ACNC and back again). You've got much to look forward to with HW78!

#4637 2 years ago

I've put about 400 or so games on my machine since putting in the real knife. I've not encountered any occasions where the knife blocked a ball from going into the shooter lane. Like was said earlier, maybe it's a fluke occasion with a flying ball.

I just could not get past the toy-like appearance of the plastic knife, especially the way it bounced around. Putting in a real knife really improves the playfield appearance a lot, IMO. And it's rock solid. I did dull it really well so I don't have to worry about slicing myself on it.

#4638 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

I've put about 400 or so games on my machine since putting in the real knife. I've not encountered any occasions where the knife blocked a ball from going into the shooter lane. Like was said earlier, maybe it's a fluke occasion with a flying ball.
I just could not get past the toy-like appearance of the plastic knife, especially the way it bounced around. Putting in a real knife really improves the playfield appearance a lot, IMO. And it's rock solid. I did dull it really well so I don't have to worry about slicing myself on it.

How did you mount the knife? Do you have pics of it?

#4639 2 years ago

I’d be nervous with Michael & having a real knife in the game when working on the playfield… although I wouldn’t need the fake “TPF” blood at that point.

71EFC2D8-04F5-405A-BF07-963D54CF47D6.gif71EFC2D8-04F5-405A-BF07-963D54CF47D6.gif
#4640 2 years ago

How did you mount the knife? Do you have pics of it?

I made my own bracket out of a piece of flat brass I had laying around, bent it to shape, and painted it gloss black. I made the bracket an inch wide to maximize the surface area of the brass behind the knife. I used 3M double-sided automotive tape to attach the knife to the bracket.

20220401_185032 (resized).jpg20220401_185032 (resized).jpg
#4641 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Thanks... Appreciate the quick response. I had a KaiCut blade won on ebay, but 3 days later, the seller refunded me and told me they could no longer find the knife. So I am back on the hunt. I would get the actual reproduction of the original Halloween knife that they sell on that movie prop site, but it is not real metal and I would assume not be much of an upgrade over what is already in there. Looking at the vintage Lamson blades now since that is actually what was used in the movie.

It’s the same knife. Plastic and flimsy. Money wasted. Gave it to my daughters soon to be fiancé. Learn from my mistake.

#4642 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

I made my own bracket out of a piece of flat brass I had laying around, bent it to shape, and painted it gloss black. I made the bracket an inch wide to maximize the surface area of the brass behind the knife. I used 3M double-sided automotive tape to attach the knife to the bracket.[quoted image]

That looks great!! Well done. Thanks for posting.

#4643 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Attached is a pic of the deflector. The OEM deflector is only 1/16" thick and you can see how little material there is on the right side and around the screw holes.
I will be replacing this with a 1/4" thick piece of polycarbonate and will modify the design a little bit so that it's more durable.[quoted image]

Oh wow. Very little material by the screw holes for sure. Keep us posted. Where will you source the poly?

#4644 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Yea it doesn't happen much, I thought it was odd it was brought up in the first place lol. I do plan to change out my knife too, when I get my 920!

#4645 2 years ago

Need to look at painting options but here is a first 1/2 height cast. Kind of like it here but I'm sure that it will work elsewhere.

IMG_20220401_1150533 (resized).jpgIMG_20220401_1150533 (resized).jpgIMG_20220401_1151107 (resized).jpgIMG_20220401_1151107 (resized).jpg
#4646 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Need to look at painting options but here is a first 1/2 height cast. Kind of like it here but I'm sure that it will work elsewhere.

Looks awesome!

#4647 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Beautiful detail! Can't wait to see more.

#4648 2 years ago

Where will you source the poly?

eBay. A 12" x 12" piece of 1/4" poly cost me $20 shipped. And if I'm careful, that will be enough to cut two pieces.

#4649 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I’d love to see those eyes blinking orange every time there’s a ball in the shooter lane waiting to be plunged.

#4650 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’d love to see those eyes blinking orange every time there’s a ball in the shooter lane waiting to be plunged.

Great idea! I wonder how simple a design that would be utilizing the shooter lane switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 16,957 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.