20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 339.
#4501 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I'm slowly reducing the rejects on my ramp. I'm probably around 60% right now. I've lowered the pitch. I've adjusted the diverter. I found that there were two wires hanging down near the top of the ramp and were sometimes obstructing the ball. I feel like I need to lower the drops a very small amount. However; the wing nut is super tight. Is this something I shouldn't be messing with?
Also, if I make the picture of the game too low it actually seems to reject more. I guess it's bouncing around too much?
I really enjoy this game. But I need to fix the ramp. The rejects make it frustrating. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I was looking at the angle of the tops of the drops the other day, not being parallel to the pf. Seems like a possible speed bump

20211207_233146 (resized).jpg20211207_233146 (resized).jpg
#4502 2 years ago

They should be leaning forward to stop air balls. I adjusted the height so the tips were level the the pf. Ball rolls right over it just fine.

Quoted from Morgoth00:

I was looking at the angle of the tops of the drops the other day, not being parallel to the pf. Seems like a possible speed bump
[quoted image]

#4503 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Do that many people really think the game is that bad?

The game had a slow start out of the gate with code and content, has come a long way but people perceive that initial negativity based off of what the game was instead of what it has become and will be. It's like taking a pie out of the oven that's halfway baked and complaining that it tastes like crap, have some patience and wait for a complete game before you judge.

#4504 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

...It's like taking a pie out of the oven that's halfway baked and...

Well Its more like someone is offering you a pie that isn't complete. Similar but diff'rent.

#4505 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well Its more like someone is offering you a pie that isn't complete. Similar but diff'rent.

What game has been complete at launch from any manufacturer? Some have been farther along than others but not complete.

#4506 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Quoted from manadams:

It's like taking a pie out of the oven that's halfway baked and complaining that it tastes like crap, have some patience and wait for a complete game before you judge.

This thread is getting me hungry, glad Michael offered to “cut a piece”.

AD442331-C5C2-44BC-A1AD-F7B8FFA06E84 (resized).jpegAD442331-C5C2-44BC-A1AD-F7B8FFA06E84 (resized).jpeg
#4507 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

What game has been complete at launch from any manufacturer? Some have been farther along than others but not complete.

You can nitpick all you want, but very early code just doesn't go over well and never has; Hell Xmen never recovered.
Good chunk of people are going to enjoy the ride and a good chunk will not. There isn't a right and wrong side.

#4508 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You can nitpick all you want, but very early code just doesn't go over well and never has; Hell Xmen never recovered.
Good chunk of people are going to enjoy the ride and a good chunk will not. There isn't a right and wrong side.

I'd agree with this - sometimes the code, when it's just too raw/bare can go down so badly, the negativity just snowballs until people are convinced it's simply a bad game and always will be. I bought an XMen after the code was complete so it resonates a bit with me - I see bad comments about the code and the game and I just don't understand it, it's a freaking amazing machine! My oldest serving pin by some distance, and I still love it.

#4509 2 years ago

When Halloween came out it was a slow news period in pinball so one obnoxious podcaster made the early code a much bigger deal than it ever should have been.

#4510 2 years ago
Quoted from JvdS:

So this group discusses numbers and leadtimes, nice…..getting bored…..
Anybody has something nice to say or show?

I got some free time today to play three games on our LE with the v1.06 code and it is (totally) worth the wait. I finally got BOC’s (Don’t Fear) The Reaper and the Jack ‘O Lantern multiball…. Outstanding!

I’ve got a strong feeling that some of the people that have bailed on their preorder games will deeply regret it in the future.
It’s high-order addictive pinball.

#4511 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

In possibly a similar way I think that the unfinished code for GB turned a lot of people off. It was just my luck to find a new GB LE months before the last code release (took ~3 years to be coded & released?). Huge score for me!

#4512 2 years ago

The Hobbit faced a similar situation. Most people played the early code and/or on location and made a justified poor opinion. Put it in a home environment with a finished code and it’s in a league of it own.
Gotta be in the mood for a long adventure game when you play though!

#4514 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

When Halloween came out it was a slow news period in pinball so one obnoxious podcaster made the early code a much bigger deal than it ever should have been.

Also Multiba ll got some people
freaked out. Of course there was one in dude crying about getting his shooter rod yet. Some people just have no patience or will never be pleased.

#4515 2 years ago

For anyone having issues with rejections from the scoop, here is what I found when I pulled it apart. There was a second partial metal protector under the front lip of the main protector. Not sure why as the extra height caused air balls and was bending the protector.

After removing the partial plate and straightening the upper protector, it has worked much better... no more rejected shots. I added mylar again just to keep the transition smooth, but not sure if that was necessary.

20220311_210651 (resized).jpg20220311_210651 (resized).jpg
#4516 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

Yeah, mine are the same way. It looks like you adjust them with the lock nut. But it's so tight I didn't want to force it.

#4517 2 years ago

Kaneda at TPF. Douche.

A520968C-A294-4D05-8EBB-F755A8381558 (resized).pngA520968C-A294-4D05-8EBB-F755A8381558 (resized).png
#4518 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

You're right; there have not been near enough posts from folks who are enjoying their machines.
Despite the initial problems I had with my machine, I have it dialed in pretty good now and I absolutely love it. I have a Jurassic Park Premium machine that I received last August and have been playing almost non-stop since I got it (about 2500 games now). But since Halloween arrived in February, my Jurassic Park has been sitting largely un-played.
The gaming on Halloween is such a different feel as compared to JP. The left side of the playfield is completely different from the right, which to me keeps things fresh and unpredictable. And again, the Sanitarium is level is completely different from the House level, requiring different types of shots. I am not a great player so it's a real thrill for me when I get up to the House and cross the bridge (especially in adult mode). The latest code really polishes the game play up a lot and I can't wait to see what comes in future revisions.
Part of the fun of owning machines, at least for me, is customizing them a bit. Check out the mods I've made / added to mine, including a graveyard, an authentic 12" stainless steel chef's knife, the getaway car from the Sanitarium, and some other stuff.
I think that this machine is getting a bad rap for stupid reasons and I don't understand it. This game is a real winner.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey man...love the add-ons!! Can you point me in the direction of where to buy them??

#4519 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Kaneda at TPF. Douche.
[quoted image]

Ha, that's actually kind of funny.

#4520 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Kaneda at TPF. Douche.
[quoted image]

Na...that's a great shirt.

#4521 2 years ago

You gonna buy one from him? He’s selling them.

Quoted from lpeters82:

Na...that's a great shit.

#4522 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Hey man...love the add-ons!! Can you point me in the direction of where to buy them??

Tombstones: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MGUQAQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00

Distressed Wood Vinyl (for the stairs and bridge): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RJXY852

Black Vinyl (for the topper): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0948TW4G4

Replacement Knife (for the topper): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DK639P5

Miniature Steel Knives (for the Michaels): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G9VML16

Matchbook: ebay.com link: itm

The steel knife over the shooter lane is actually an old used one that I bought on eBay. It's a Kaicut R80-12 Kitchen Chef's Knife.

The lighted get-away car I made from a metal die cast Ford 1979 station wagon. I'm in the process of making a few more of these and will be selling them on the marketplace.

#4523 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You gonna buy one from him? He’s selling them.

Sure, we'll trade him some Spooky shirts for them. I'll even wear it to the TWIPYS.

#4524 2 years ago

I’ll believe it when I see it. Nothing like trolling your own brand.

Quoted from lpeters82:

Sure, we'll trade him some Spooky shirts for them. I'll even wear it to the TWIPYS.

#4525 2 years ago

Is there no timed auto-launch or ability to reset once player 1 is on ball 2?

#4526 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Tombstones: amazon.com link »
Distressed Wood Vinyl (for the stairs and bridge): amazon.com link »
Black Vinyl (for the topper): amazon.com link »
Replacement Knife (for the topper): amazon.com link »
Miniature Steel Knives (for the Michaels): amazon.com link »
Matchbook: ebay.com link: itm
The steel knife over the shooter lane is actually an old used one that I bought on eBay. It's a Kaicut R80-12 Kitchen Chef's Knife.
The lighted get-away car I made from a metal die cast Ford 1979 station wagon. I'm in the process of making a few more of these and will be selling them on the marketplace.

That's legit! I'll take a car...put me down. Thanks man.

#4527 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Na...that's a great shit.

Kaneda takes great shits!? I know he can spew it at times!

#4528 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Kaneda takes great shits!? I know he can spew it at times!

Oh , damn. Edited my original post...shirt, shirt shirt.

#4529 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Oh , damn. Edited my original post...shirt, shirt shirt.

Get some made and sell yourself, give profits to mistreated sheep lol

#4530 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Kaneda at TPF. Douche.
[quoted image]

Certainly debatable, but his biggest problem IMO is he has shit taste in games and 100% buys (and shills/condemns) for all the wrong reasons.

The T shirt is hilarious and, yes,douchey.

#4531 2 years ago

I'm at TPF and have put several games on Halloween. First time playing it. Happy to report that in my opinion it is not a turd and that I'm sticking with my order. I almost bailed early, but am glad I waited to play it first. I thought it looked great, had a cool horror vibe, an interesting layout, fun modes, fun multiballs, and loved the upper playfields. It was still playing reliably at the end of day one and I had no trouble making any of the shots. The LCD did look a bit washed out, but wasn't a big deal. The animations are a step backward from Alice Cooper, but once again not a big deal. I thought the audio was fine. Really no major gripes to report.

Other current offerings like Godzilla and Cactus Canyon have more polish and mainstream appeal, but I think most of us already know to look elsewhere for that and appreciate and enjoy Spooky for their unique offerings and niche that they fill. My collection would be much less interesting if it were only Sterns and W/B.

#4532 2 years ago

I played my first game in Madison WI. There was a league night going on.

I have a CCLE coming and Hallow CE coming.

After playing both Halloween and CC if I had to pick one Halloween would be it.

I’m a very average player.

#4533 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

You're giving podcasters in general way too much credit. Influencer? Hardly.

Anyone bailing on a nib pin saying it was a podcaster's info that convinced them is either a liar and has buyers remorse or was hoping to flip it quick. These are the trends I'm seeing.

I've seen dopes in my life but purchasing a 10 grand luxury item then having a stranger convince you it was a bad decision based on unsubstantiated conjecture takes the cake.

#4534 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

This post got me really pumped to get my game. Good stuff.

I received my game on February 28th and we haven’t stopped playing it.

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm at TPF and have put several games on Halloween. First time playing it. Happy to report that in my opinion it is not a turd and that I'm sticking with my order. I almost bailed early, but am glad I waited to play it first. I thought it looked great, had a cool horror vibe, an interesting layout, fun modes, fun multiballs, and loved the upper playfields. It was still playing reliably at the end of day one and I had no trouble making any of the shots. The LCD did look a bit washed out, but wasn't a big deal. The animations are a step backward from Alice Cooper, but once again not a big deal. I thought the audio was fine. Really no major gripes to report.
Other current offerings like Godzilla and Cactus Canyon have more polish and mainstream appeal, but I think most of us already know to look elsewhere for that and appreciate and enjoy Spooky for their unique offerings and niche that they fill. My collection would be much less interesting if it were only Sterns and W/B.

It’s really coming along! I’m loving mine. Bug stated a new animator and animations was in the works

#4535 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You're giving podcasters in general way too much credit. Influencer? Hardly.
Anyone bailing on a nib pin saying it was a podcaster's info that convinced them is either a liar and has buyers remorse or was hoping to flip it quick. These are the trends I'm seeing.
I've seen dopes in my life but purchasing a 10 grand luxury item then having a stranger convince you it was a bad decision based on unsubstantiated conjecture takes the cake.

Exactly. The only ones that are shitting themselves are the pure flippers, or FOMO w buyers remorse. Current state will require major pumping, combined with pure bullshit to find the angle. Gonna take time, and it's about time....

This is not a pump and dump machine, more pure pinball magic. Can't rebrand it, make it something it's not by adding parts, etc.

Absolutely love it..a true gem for anyone that really enjoys the hobby and being a part of the growth process in a stellar, unique game.

#4536 2 years ago

Stalking....waiting...

20220326_100047 (resized).jpg20220326_100047 (resized).jpg20220326_100054 (resized).jpg20220326_100054 (resized).jpg
#4537 2 years ago

I stacked the first mode with hedge multiball and it spit out balls for 10 full minutes. It was like the endless multiball. Lol. Guessing that's a bug?

#4538 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Stranger Things also. But it did get much better, but too little too late. Prices went up for those two ho wanted to sell though, so there is that.

#4539 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

Stalking....waiting...
[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s weird to see low GC scores on a pin. I get 350 million on Godzilla and I still suck lol.

#4540 2 years ago

350 million is low on GZ

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It’s weird to see low GC scores on a pin. I get 350 million on Godzilla and I still suck lol.

#4541 2 years ago

Just got it updated finally. I still suck though

#4542 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

350 million is low on GZ

I know that’s why I say I still suck. Guess I wasn’t clear enough. I never said it was a great score but compared to a 10 million Halloween score it does look impressive lol.

#4543 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

350 million is low on GZ

... and I still suck lol.

#4544 2 years ago

Can't believe Halloween didn't win for best art at least
But best topper hell yah!

#4545 2 years ago

Got to put in a lot of games on Halloween- really like the way the shots feel on this unique layout. Took me a bit to figure out how to get things going but there’s really a lot to do.

As with all shows, the power was an issue and the flippers really felt soggy/laggy. That’s my only complaint. Not an issue at home obviously.

And I played Ultraman to compare. WOW is that game awesome! No idea why people are complaining about it.

I didn’t get a chance to meet Luke or Bug and tell them what a great job they’re doing. Maybe Sunday.

Also I wanted to ask them about who programmed the big LED sign they had

#4546 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The T shirt is hilarious and, yes,douchey.

That T-Shirt is FILLED with douche.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And I played Ultraman to compare. WOW is that game awesome! No idea why people are complaining about it.

They couldn't flip it for a 3k Profit. See the D-Bag above.

#4547 2 years ago

Previously resolved issue. Well I guess I can say minimized before. Can now say it’s permanently resolved. I was living with the occasional misfire coming out of the trough. It was getting to the point where it would try multiple times again and then spit extra balls out if it doesn’t see the trough switch in a certain amount of time. With the back hardware installed it contorts the shoot/trough cover in such a way that the balls wouldn’t always come out on the first try. I don’t know why I was having such an issue and nobody else was. With the cover off in trough coil test it can launch the balls about 8 inches in the air. I’ve now left the back hardware off and added some spacers in the form of rubbers to “align” the shoot to get consistent launches into the shooter lane. Here are a couple picks. This may help you if you are getting Multiball when it shouldn’t be happening or just multiple balls kicking out. Game plays perfect now. Coil power set to 18 (default). I haven’t had a misfire all day.

16A4FBF8-63A8-4F1B-B307-32432E8FEAD7 (resized).jpeg16A4FBF8-63A8-4F1B-B307-32432E8FEAD7 (resized).jpeg52FD14A5-A406-4617-8432-5E79D9249E6F (resized).jpeg52FD14A5-A406-4617-8432-5E79D9249E6F (resized).jpegCA130F58-E761-44D5-81FD-EA4ED2D1FD78 (resized).jpegCA130F58-E761-44D5-81FD-EA4ED2D1FD78 (resized).jpegFC690EEA-888D-4AF0-881F-C3F99BA75223 (resized).jpegFC690EEA-888D-4AF0-881F-C3F99BA75223 (resized).jpeg
#4548 2 years ago

Can someone post a couple of pictures of their auto launch mechanism for me? Mine is not striking the ball center, so it send the ball only half way up the shooter lane. Mine has some wiggle left to right and im not sure that is normal or not.

#4549 2 years ago

Been having issues with the Judith Myers drop target. Drop target will go up and if you don't hit it to release the ball it won't go down by itself after you drain. After 1 or 2 ball searches it'll kick it out. Seems like the optics aren't realizing the ball is there initially. Nothing appears loose or out of place. Any thoughts?

#4550 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

After 1 or 2 ball searches it'll kick it out. Seems like the optics aren't realizing the ball is there initially. Nothing appears loose or out of place. Any thoughts?

Check the solder joints on the opto. A cracked joint will behave like this on Rick and Morty.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/91?hl=morgoth00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.