IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png
IMG_4275 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 339.
#4451 2 years ago

I just got under the hood of Halloween, not my kind of movie theme but I have to say it's a fun and unique game. The butter cab is stunning. I also noticed the flipper mechanism and other goodies buried up inside the upper play fields. Since I will eventually be the one to repair these things, is it difficult to remove the upper sections? No manual came with the game.

#4452 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I didnt think you bought from Spooky directly, so it may not be them giving you problems.

Spooky just notified the 350-400 group i believe, I believe anything else is distros and has nothing to do with Spooky

?

#4453 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Spooky just notified the 350-400 group i believe, I believe anything else is distros and has nothing to do with Spooky
?

He is with spooky, he has my old original number.

#4454 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

He is with spooky, he has my old original number.

So him not getting a first email shouldn't be that big of a deal since they are over 100 away from his number

#4455 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

750 on run here, might get it for my birthday which is Halloween

Mines the 30th.... here's to hoping for both of us!!!

#4456 2 years ago

So this group discusses numbers and leadtimes, nice…..getting bored…..
Anybody has something nice to say or show?

#4457 2 years ago
Quoted from JvdS:

No, everyone is trying to figure out when they will get their machine by which # they have

#4458 2 years ago
Quoted from JvdS:

I will say, this game has pleasantly surprised me on how good it really is. I was worried at first with all the negativity here on pinside (big surprise ) but wow, this game is in its own league. I can't wait to see how the code matures.

#4459 2 years ago

We have had ours on location since last September I think now and outside of stuck balls (which I think we have finally resolved) and the occasional spring detach on the upper playfield balcony ramp the game has held up great. The latest code has made it a big difference in the game play, looking forward to the next update.

#4460 2 years ago

How does it earn in comparison to your other pins? Guests like it?

Quoted from Tsskinne:

We have had ours on location since last September I think now and outside of stuck balls (which I think we have finally resolved) and the occasional spring detach on the upper playfield balcony ramp the game has held up great. The latest code has made it a big difference in the game play, looking forward to the next update.

#4461 2 years ago

Invoiced sent and paid for 364 direct from Spooky an hour ago.

#4462 2 years ago

At this rate it seems like they will be lucky to get all these games done on time let alone early like they were predicting I believe a lot of the problems could be relieved if they would just put a time schedule out so people can quit guesstimating on when their games will arrive Some of these list people have estimated have them at 23 months where spooky said 18 or less

#4463 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

How does it earn in comparison to your other pins? Guests like it?

Top earner for first two months, since then earns about what everything earns for newer stuff.
Those first two months though it was the highest earning game we have ever had by 2x anything else.

#4464 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

At this rate it seems like they will be lucky to get all these games done on time let alone early like they were predicting I believe a lot of the problems could be relieved if they would just put a time schedule out so people can quit guesstimating on when their games will arrive Some of these list people have estimated have them at 23 months where spooky said 18 or less

Foolish to do that when you have little to no control over the supply chain issues that everyone is facing. While I have no inside knowledge of anything that's going on at Spooky, I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of the start/stops or waves of machines was directly due to component shortage issues.

Jeff

#4465 2 years ago

Isn’t it also foolish to take nonrefundable deposits and put a timeline of 18 months if you cannot guarantee it I myself was not a day one order which is fine with me but I also ordered under the impression of 18 months to be finished next month will be halfway through the timeline but not halfway through the numbers of machines For me this is my first spooky and I am excited to see what their Build quality and gameplay is like however with so much controversy surrounding this game since day one and there is not a single one anywhere around me to play to try it can also be very frustrating reading all the negative comments and at the current pace I will be lucky to receive my machine by the end of the year till then I will have to wonder if I made a mistake purchasing this or not which case I am personally withholding judgment until I get to play it myself

#4466 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Isn’t it also foolish to take nonrefundable deposits and put a timeline of 18 months if you cannot guarantee it I myself was not a day one order which is fine with me but I also ordered under the impression of 18 months to be finished next month will be halfway through the timeline but not halfway through the numbers of machines For me this is my first spooky and I am excited to see what their Build quality and gameplay is like however with so much controversy surrounding this game since day one and there is not a single one anywhere around me to play to try it can also be very frustrating reading all the negative comments and at the current pace I will be lucky to receive my machine by the end of the year till then I will have to wonder if I made a mistake purchasing this or not which case I am personally withholding judgment until I get to play it myself

No worries, I guess I just see this as nothing is on time right now for anything due to everything. I hear you though for sure.

Jeff

#4467 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Isn’t it also foolish to take nonrefundable deposits and put a timeline of 18 months if you cannot guarantee it I myself was not a day one order which is fine with me but I also ordered under the impression of 18 months to be finished next month will be halfway through the timeline but not halfway through the numbers of machines

Would you rather be waiting on a new Stern game for a year and a half instead?

All mfgs are being slowed by parts shortages.

Also, try using punctuation, your post is difficult to read.

#4468 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Isn’t it also foolish to take nonrefundable deposits...

Seems smart for them eh?

Quoted from Pinman502:

... I am excited to see what their Build quality and gameplay is like however with so much controversy surrounding this game since day one and there is not a ...

Yeah, this is what pre ordering a machine is.

#4469 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:Isn’t it also foolish to take nonrefundable deposits and put a timeline of 18 months if you cannot guarantee it I myself was not a day one order which is fine with me but I also ordered under the impression of 18 months to be finished next month will be halfway through the timeline but not halfway through the numbers of machines For me this is my first spooky and I am excited to see what their Build quality and gameplay is like however with so much controversy surrounding this game since day one and there is not a single one anywhere around me to play to try it can also be very frustrating reading all the negative comments and at the current pace I will be lucky to receive my machine by the end of the year till then I will have to wonder if I made a mistake purchasing this or not which case I am personally withholding judgment until I get to play it myself

Trust me you did not make a mistake and all the naysayers are always going to be louder than the positive people in any thread. I've played Halloween, I'm 920 and I cannot wait to get my machine it's going to be epic.

#4470 2 years ago
Quoted from JvdS:

You're right; there have not been near enough posts from folks who are enjoying their machines.

Despite the initial problems I had with my machine, I have it dialed in pretty good now and I absolutely love it. I have a Jurassic Park Premium machine that I received last August and have been playing almost non-stop since I got it (about 2500 games now). But since Halloween arrived in February, my Jurassic Park has been sitting largely un-played.

The gaming on Halloween is such a different feel as compared to JP. The left side of the playfield is completely different from the right, which to me keeps things fresh and unpredictable. And again, the Sanitarium is level is completely different from the House level, requiring different types of shots. I am not a great player so it's a real thrill for me when I get up to the House and cross the bridge (especially in adult mode). The latest code really polishes the game play up a lot and I can't wait to see what comes in future revisions.

Part of the fun of owning machines, at least for me, is customizing them a bit. Check out the mods I've made / added to mine, including a graveyard, an authentic 12" stainless steel chef's knife, the getaway car from the Sanitarium, and some other stuff.

I think that this machine is getting a bad rap for stupid reasons and I don't understand it. This game is a real winner.

Car_1 (resized).jpgCar_1 (resized).jpgCar_2 (resized).jpgCar_2 (resized).jpgGraveyard (resized).jpgGraveyard (resized).jpgHouse (resized).jpgHouse (resized).jpgMatchbook (resized).jpgMatchbook (resized).jpgMichaels (resized).jpgMichaels (resized).jpgTopper (resized).jpgTopper (resized).jpg
#4471 2 years ago

This is just an observation but I have noticed that the Halloween spots are no longer selling for a discount while the Ultraman ones are. I find that kind of interesting for some reason. The only difference is theme.

#4472 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Wow. I am 481 and nothing. Starting to sour right now with Spooky. Another person who was 482 got their notice. This is crap.

How it works.

Numbers don’t mean when you get your game. This is the way it’s always been.

They make batches of games for each dealer.

Something along the mines of

First 100 for Spooky
50 for Kingpin
50 for PinballStar
50 for Spooky
10 for New Zealand
50 for Spooky
20 for Australia

Etc etc etc.

So the numbers go all over the place.

If you want a game ASAP I’m sure someone will swap with you if you put it out there.

rd

Added over 2 years ago:

“Something along the lines! Not mines!!” Lol

#4473 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

Invoiced sent and paid for 364 direct from Spooky an hour ago.

Am I missing an easy way to pay my invoice? I can see it, and it opens a quickbooks page, but no option to pay? Maybe I’m just dumb

#4474 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

This is just an observation but I have noticed that the Halloween spots are no long selling for a discount while the Ultraman ones are. I find that kind of interesting for some reason. The only difference is theme.

Ultraman owners feel it's a little behind on the code, and the theme is a little more obscure, so it may not move as quickly. They'll get it up to speed

#4475 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

You're right; there have not been near enough posts from folks who are enjoying their machines.
Despite the initial problems I had with my machine, I have it dialed in pretty good now and I absolutely love it. I have a Jurassic Park Premium machine that I received last August and have been playing almost non-stop since I got it (about 2500 games now). But since Halloween arrived in February, my Jurassic Park has been sitting largely un-played.
The gaming on Halloween is such a different feel as compared to JP. The left side of the playfield is completely different from the right, which to me keeps things fresh and unpredictable. And again, the Sanitarium is level is completely different from the House level, requiring different types of shots. I am not a great player so it's a real thrill for me when I get up to the House and cross the bridge (especially in adult mode). The latest code really polishes the game play up a lot and I can't wait to see what comes in future revisions.
Part of the fun of owning machines, at least for me, is customizing them a bit. Check out the mods I've made / added to mine, including a graveyard, an authentic 12" stainless steel chef's knife, the getaway car from the Sanitarium, and some other stuff.
I think that this machine is getting a bad rap for stupid reasons and I don't understand it. This game is a real winner.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This post got me really pumped to get my game. Good stuff.

#4476 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

I think that this machine is getting a bad rap for stupid reasons and I don't understand it. This game is a real winner.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely agree. Hoping that more folks start to rate this game that have a real appreciation for it, especially after the new code. I hate to see it sitting at number 66 in the top 100 machines. It deserves to be much higher when you consider a lot of the 65 games that come before it. Not a great pinball player myself, but I know a few who are. This game is hitting all the right notes for even those players that can accomplish much more than I can. Definite keeper in our small 3 game collection.

#4477 2 years ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Absolutely agree. Hoping that more folks start to rate this game that have a real appreciation for it, especially after the new code. I hate to see it sitting at number 66 in the top 100 machines. It deserves to be much higher when you consider a lot of the 65 games that come before it. Not a great pinball player myself, but I know a few who are. This game is hitting all the right notes for even those players that can accomplish much more than I can. Definite keeper in our small 3 game collection.

This is the problem with releasing games lacking code; it has the ability to turn people off.

#4478 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

This is just an observation but I have noticed that the Halloween spots are no long selling for a discount while the Ultraman ones are. I find that kind of interesting for some reason. The only difference is theme.

Halloween at 50% disco just last week!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/131892

#4479 2 years ago

No longer the case with the latest software update. Seems to have turned a corner on value with that last update.

#4480 2 years ago

Very Nice!

Quoted from John_C:

#4481 2 years ago

Mine arrived 2/25 (#209) and I'm a complete novice. I got it set up, leveled as best I could, and made one small adjustment. My GF and I have played daily since it got here and we're nowhere near tired of it. I'm lousy at the shots and a few modes feel nearly impossible. But the challenge is rewarding when you finally do clear one. My high score is an embarrassing 32 million but I'm

The main problem now is that it makes me want another machine but there's nothing out there that I've enjoyed playing as much. Iron Maiden has great music but the gameplay doesn't feel nearly as polished. Godzilla is probably the next most 'fun' that I've played.

#4482 2 years ago

Pinball Brother’s were nice enough to give me a voucher for ALIEN. What they forgot to mention was, if you have a coupon, you’re in the back of the line. I was on the waitlist day one. If I would have known that, I would have paid full price to be on the first container. Fool me once….Fool me twice. Spooky won’t make you wait 5 years.

#4483 2 years ago
Quoted from DannyGraver:

Pinball Brother’s were nice enough to give me a voucher for ALIEN. What they forgot to mention was, if you have a coupon, you’re in the back of the line. I was on the waitlist day one. If I would have known that, I would have paid full price to be on the first container. Fool me once….Fool me twice. Spooky won’t make you wait 5 years.

Hear hear

#4484 2 years ago

Iron Maiden is a masterpiece. Spend some more time on it. I honestly think it’s the greatest pins of all time. Would make a great companion to HWN

Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

Mine arrived 2/25 (#209) and I'm a complete novice. I got it set up, leveled as best I could, and made one small adjustment. My GF and I have played daily since it got here and we're nowhere near tired of it. I'm lousy at the shots and a few modes feel nearly impossible. But the challenge is rewarding when you finally do clear one. My high score is an embarrassing 32 million but I'm
The main problem now is that it makes me want another machine but there's nothing out there that I've enjoyed playing as much. Iron Maiden has great music but the gameplay doesn't feel nearly as polished. Godzilla is probably the next most 'fun' that I've played.

#4485 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Iron Maiden is a masterpiece. Spend some more time on it. I honestly think it’s the greatest pins of all time. Would make a gear companion to HWN

Good to hear since I have an Iron Maiden premium taking place of my GNR this weekend!

#4486 2 years ago

Agreed. Maiden is still hands down my favourite machine in my collection. It’s challenging and frustrating at times but always always always fun to play. Halloween and Deadpool are pretty much in a dead heat for number 2. I think DP takes it by a nose currently but with some code updates I can see Halloween moving into my number two spot.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Iron Maiden is a masterpiece. Spend some more time on it. I honestly think it’s the greatest pins of all time. Would make a gear companion to HWN

#4487 2 years ago

I’ve got a great pin collection!
I’ve had tons of “must have great pins”
I swear this Halloween has some voodoo spell on me,I can’t stop playing it!!!
I love it!!
This pin is the first pin I can truly say I’m taking it to the grave with me!!

#4488 2 years ago

I'm waiting patiently at #580. I have a Turtles LE, Godzilla LE, and Rush LE at home. I love these games. And with that, I'm excited to bring a different playing game home. I love what Spooky stands for and I'm a big horror movie fan. I hoping I can turn all the lights off, crank the volume up, and get scared by a pinball machine.

#4489 2 years ago
Quoted from JvdS:

We'd love to. But until we get the machine, what is there to say?

#4490 2 years ago

Customer got it installed on his Halloween .

20220324_174415 (resized).jpg20220324_174415 (resized).jpg
#4491 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Customer got it installed on his Halloween .[quoted image]

Meh

#4492 2 years ago

People selling spots for a big loss is a little concerning. I have never seen it before. Do that many people really think the game is that bad? You would think 1000 off a game would fly off the shelves.

#4493 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

People selling spots for a big loss is a little concerning. I have never seen it before. Do that many people really think the game is that bad? You would think 1000 off a game would fly off the shelves.

More like unknown amount of time to wait; thats the biggest thing.

#4494 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

More like unknown amount of time to wait; thats the biggest thing.

Sounds like they haven't stopped invoicing, already up to #500. Probably subbing it all up for a massive shipment when the missing items show up.

#4495 2 years ago
Quoted from DthebodyT:

I'm waiting patiently at #580. I have a Turtles LE, Godzilla LE, and Rush LE at home. I love these games. And with that, I'm excited to bring a different playing game home. I love what Spooky stands for and I'm a big horror movie fan. I hoping I can turn all the lights off, crank the volume up, and get scared by a pinball machine.

It’s a different pin. Shots are different and Spooky has nailed the suspense of a slasher film…code is really maturing nicely. Your wait will be well worth it. And yes, the darker the room the better. You’re gonna love it!

#4496 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Play mine pretty much every evening and love the hell out of it. It's just a machine that for whatever reason, just keeps calling me for 1 more game. Really, really like it.

Plenty of titles have been dumped for loss due to code, FOMO fallout, or suddenly realize they cant afford it.

This is a great game and will only get better w code....my lineup has all sorts of amazing machines, this one earns it's keep ( and Im probably the only guy in this thread that truly doesnt worship Iron Maiden or Deadpool....good games, but many, many other better for me)

#4497 2 years ago

I'm slowly reducing the rejects on my ramp. I'm probably around 60% right now. I've lowered the pitch. I've adjusted the diverter. I found that there were two wires hanging down near the top of the ramp and were sometimes obstructing the ball. I feel like I need to lower the drops a very small amount. However; the wing nut is super tight. Is this something I shouldn't be messing with?

Also, if I make the picture of the game too low it actually seems to reject more. I guess it's bouncing around too much?

I really enjoy this game. But I need to fix the ramp. The rejects make it frustrating. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#4498 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Customer got it installed on his Halloween .[quoted image]

Whoa…explain what I’m seeing. It seems the display is showing up on an lcd mounted on the apron.

#4499 2 years ago

It’s a mini screen apron mod

Quoted from dnapac:

Whoa…explain what I’m seeing. It seems the display is showing up on an lcd mounted on the apron.

#4500 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s a mini screen apron mod

Where do I find this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/90?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.