6CA3A168-E5B5-4B69-8155-1FDE7F93A108 (resized).jpeg
258228947_4688357851225405_1925226661651497764_n (resized).jpg
259823161_4688357537892103_7910079044667329243_n (resized).jpg
20211121_234722 (resized).jpg
16374443388231993485321663768049 (resized).jpg
16374443257784679043166965069900 (resized).jpg
16374443005813098349420910983907 (resized).jpg
spooky_loss (resized).jpg

There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 33.
#401 39 days ago

#56 is on the truck. Mike is coming home..

#402 39 days ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

What suggestions did you give to Spooky

Why poke the bear... ?
Sure its not worth while..
Go Spooky!

#403 39 days ago

I’m mostly a music pin guy, but if there was one movie themed pinball machine I’d like to own it would be The original Halloween. Looking forward to playing it next week and forming my own opinion - however I won’t come to an OWNERS thread and shit all over other peoples excitement saying the same thing over and over…Just shows lack of class.

#404 39 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I’m mostly a music pin guy, but if there was one movie themed pinball machine I’d like to own it would be The original Halloween. Looking forward to playing it next week and forming my own opinion - however I won’t come to an OWNERS thread and shit all over other peoples excitement saying the same thing over and over…Just shows lack of class.

There's usually some degree of negativity in any thread - which is ok, it's not always sunshine and roses and criticism shouldn't be dismissed if its valid. However, the tone is pretty mean spirited about a game that's still not complete yet and only a few are out in the wild - I'm not sure why, maybe there seems to be some reason I've missed as I don't read a huge amount of threads on here. In any case, I'm certainly not allowing it to dampen my enthusiasm.

Very jealous you are getting yours soon. Be sure to let us know what you think - especially as a big fan of the movie! I've been enjoying reading all the early owners impressions, and really appreciate the streams people have done so far showing us game footage.

#405 39 days ago

I’ll be honest and fair next week when mine arrives. Already know I love the theme, music, cab and playfield art, and the lighting - all of that is a winner already. Love the blood shop and the 6 modes I’ve seen but hope to see at least 6+ more added in as 6 won’t cut it for me (but a great start since it’s early code). Plenty of “meat” to this film to add in more modes that tie into other iconic scenes of the film. All comes down to gameplay. The 2 upper playfields look amazing - just need to see how the subways and the left side jive with me. With this game having approx 25 shots, I’m hoping it all comes together to create a great game since I buy games to keep not to resell.

#406 39 days ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

So, unfortunately I haven't had much time for pinball since I got my Halloween in due to a loss in the family, but found some time tonight to give it some attention and added some lights. Still need a few more leds, and will look into what can be done with the addressable led strips when I have more time.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The lights look great

#407 38 days ago

I got the initial email for #82 today.

#408 38 days ago

Email for 89

#409 38 days ago

Pace doesn't seem to be picking up at all. Naturally I have no idea what challenges Spooky is facing in ramping up production but it feels like 5'ish games a week (don't hesitate to tell me I'm wrong) and we're almost to November... At this pace, even a low #200's like myself is looking at 5 months still... Surely things have to pick up, right? It's not that I'm in a rush but originally I figured certainly by Thanksgiving at the latest but it seems like I'll be happy if I see my game before 2022...

Am I missing something? I sure hope so, I'd rather be wrong...

Jeff

#410 38 days ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Pace doesn't seem to be picking up at all. Naturally I have no idea what challenges Spooky is facing in ramping up production but it feels like 5'ish games a week (don't hesitate to tell me I'm wrong) and we're almost to November... At this pace, even a low #200's like myself is looking at 5 months still... Surely things have to pick up, right? It's not that I'm in a rush but originally I figured certainly by Thanksgiving at the latest but it seems like I'll be happy if I see my game before 2022...
Am I missing something? I sure hope so, I'd rather be wrong...
Jeff

Definitely more than 5 games a week.

#411 38 days ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Definitely more than 5 games a week.

Fair enough.

Jeff

#412 38 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Haha appreciate it. I think I made the right choice - got to get it in my home and give it some playtime before I judge.

I'm glad you are giving it a chance. With that said, I think it's okay if it ends up not being for you too. Not every game is going to be everyone's cup of tea...that's okay. I've played very few games that I don't enjoy, so for the most part it's just trying to sort between good, better, best. Too many of the major personalities in pinball try to nit-pick and take the fun out of just playing pinball.

#413 38 days ago

Time will tell - Should have it by this time next week...hope I love it.

#414 38 days ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Do you mind sharing how you add the lights to your games? Looks great!

amazon.com link »

amazon.com link »

amazon.com link »

20211021_204442 (resized).jpg20211021_204531 (resized).jpg20211021_204555 (resized).jpg20211021_205024 (resized).jpg
#415 38 days ago

Was walking the dog yesterday and thought there were too many leaves, bit of a slip hazard

DBF982DB-DE66-41CC-BF09-D9EA24E79B26 (resized).jpeg
#416 37 days ago

Is that pics of the bottom of Halloween? Did they, yet again, not put a sub box or a port hole in the cab? That's seriously the only thing i'm not stoked about on this game if that's the case. Can anyone else with one in hand confirm/deny this?

#417 37 days ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Is that pics of the bottom of Halloween? Did they, yet again, not put a sub box or a port hole in the cab? That's seriously the only thing i'm not stoked about on this game if that's the case. Can anyone else with one in hand confirm/deny this?

No box…or port hole. Not needed IMHO. They have done a great job with balancing the sound on Halloween.

#418 37 days ago

Ive just been fishing mine through the speaker grill

#419 37 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

No box…or port hole. Not needed IMHO. They have done a great job with balancing the sound on Halloween.

I mean, I certainly don't expect as much bassy type stuff as R&M and TNA, so I'm not seeing it being as major of an issue as it is on R&M, but it's ALWAYS needed. That's just basic acoustics. That air gets displaced and has to move somewhere and if it's not directed it's going to move things you don't want it to move.

#420 37 days ago

Has anyone had issues with the ball not loading into the shooter lane. Checked all the switches in the troft and they're good, the coil also checks good. I called tech support but no one answered and never got a call back

#421 37 days ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I mean, I certainly don't expect as much bassy type stuff as R&M and TNA, so I'm not seeing it being as major of an issue as it is on R&M, but it's ALWAYS needed. That's just basic acoustics. That air gets displaced and has to move somewhere and if it's not directed it's going to move things you don't want it to move.

There's your hole

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 1.03.27 PM (resized).png
#422 37 days ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Why do people do this? Is there something about humanity in general that requires some people to offer their unsolicited negative opinion whenever possible? I would say it's my number 1 pet peeve about pinside but in reality this kind stuff occurs everywhere these days.
Jeff

Good, bad. It's all discussion. Even full blown arguments can have merit. We're here for the same goals...pinball. Or making others convert to our beliefs regardless of common sense.

Just enjoy the talk amigo. You'll be dead in 70 years or so anyways.

#423 37 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There's your hole[quoted image]

and if there was a channel leading only to that hole I'd be all for it. Some of us have standards for holes!

#424 37 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There's your hole[quoted image]

Was there vasoline on your lens when you took that pic?? What’s the resolution 2p?

#425 37 days ago

I believe they zoomed in on a previously posted photo.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Was there vasoline on your lens when you took that pic?? What’s the resolution 2p?

#426 37 days ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I believe they zoomed in on a previously posted photo.

Oh ok. Looks like the film quality whenever there is a Bigfoot picture taken

#427 37 days ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Has anyone had issues with the ball not loading into the shooter lane. Checked all the switches in the troft and they're good, the coil also checks good. I called tech support but no one answered and never got a call back

I'm afraid most of the shop (including the tech support team) doesn't work on fridays. You can call back monday, or shoot an email to [email protected]

#428 37 days ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

and if there was a channel leading only to that hole I'd be all for it. Some of us have standards for holes!

Parts Express, brother! You can make your own!

#429 37 days ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I'm afraid most of the shop (including the tech support team) doesn't work on fridays. You can call back monday, or shoot an email to [email protected]

I'll try email. I called them last week about another issue and never got a call back.....

The issue seems to be bigger than I initially thought. Half the coils aren't working..

#430 37 days ago
Quoted from mizzou:

I'll try email. I called them last week about another issue and never got a call back.....
The issue seems to be bigger than I initially thought. Half the coils aren't working..

Oh, that could be a blown fuse. On the pinotaur, you should see 3 fuses on the bottom right. When in the coil test menu, they'll have green lights on behind them if theyre good. No light means its blown. You of course could just pull out each one and inspect it manually. Apparantly some machines have an issue with the rightmost fuse blowing (two flipper coils use that bank). Replacing it with a 5A fuse seems to be working for most people. Not sure if people are using slow blow or fast blow 5A fuses to fix it. Make sure the game is off when you insert the new fuse. And when you power it back up after the fuse swap, make sure no coils fire a couple seconds after boot. If they do, it indicates a different problem, which you'll have to call or email us about.

#431 37 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Parts Express, brother! You can make your own!

They already have the parts and tooling for it, I want what was on TNA. This isn't a big ticket item. There is no reason Spooky shouldn't be installing these on every single game. Everyone who hears TNA comments on how good it sounds, and that is the exact reason why. R&M sounds like junk compared to TNA, even with all the fiddling with the amp and inserts to make the glass ridiculously tight. You can't put a sub in something with no enclosure and vent and think it's not going to make everything sound like junk.

I swear, am I the only one on pinside with ears?

#432 37 days ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

They already have the parts and tooling for it, I want what was on TNA. This isn't a big ticket item. There is no reason Spooky shouldn't be installing these on every single game. Everyone who hears TNA comments on how good it sounds, and that is the exact reason why. R&M sounds like junk compared to TNA, even with all the fiddling with the amp and inserts to make the glass ridiculously tight. You can't put a sub in something with no enclosure and vent and think it's not going to make everything sound like junk.
I swear, am I the only one on pinside with ears?

I don't bother depending on the manufacturers.. I got an external sub and use PINsub kits that let me hook up 4 pins to it simultaneously. Cuts down on glass rattle also.

#433 37 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I don't bother depending on the manufacturers.. I got an external sub and use PINsub kits that let me hook up 4 pins to it simultaneously. Cuts down on glass rattle also.

I don't think that's the point. Although I'm not as staunch as he, I agree that if they have done it before, why would they not do it again? Seems maybe it should be standard at this point if it's proven to work.

#434 37 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I don't think that's the point. Although I'm not as staunch as he, I agree that if they have done it before, why would they not do it again? Seems maybe it should be standard at this point if it's proven to work.

Yes, this is exactly my point. Even if it was offered as an upgrade/option (though, they don't do that anymore), I would be fine with that. If the issue is cost, I'll happily pay more for a proven product that is better.

#435 37 days ago

Just curious…do other manufacturers make the box and port for the sub? I’m certainly not against it, but I’ve never compared the sound improvement this would make in a pinball. If it’s a simple design, would it be easy to make/retrofit?

#436 37 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Just curious…do other manufacturers make the box and port for the sub? I’m certainly not against it, but I’ve never compared the sound improvement this would make in a pinball. If it’s a simple design, would it be easy to make/retrofit?

I don't think its necessary. Every speaker is built for a certain volume cabinet either ported or unported. Pinball cabinets are huge and are not sealed so air will escape from plenty of places. I doubt there would be any benefit from having a port. Having said this I'm no expert. I'm a broken record here but I still think external subs are the best way to go for kick ass bass.

#437 37 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

I don't think its necessary. Every speaker is built for a certain volume cabinet either ported or unported. Pinball cabinets are huge and are not sealed so air will escape from plenty of places. I doubt there would be any benefit from having a port. Having said this I'm no expert. I'm a broken record here but I still think external subs are the best way to go for kick ass bass.

I use 15” external sub that can drop to 16hz with high db, structure damaging bass!
No internal sub boxed or free space can come close, huge difference to the experience.
So yeah totally agree and I’m pretty much an expert

#438 37 days ago

#57 has arrived.

A8BC195C-2472-4AA7-A103-69CAFBC3040B (resized).jpeg
#439 37 days ago

I’m no pro audiophile, but talking to someone with a ton of knowledge on this subject, you must be careful with the size of the box and the size of the port. If not done to that speakers specs per the manufacture, you may blow the speaker. If I want more, I’ll just stick to an external…but I don’t find it necessary with Spooky’s pins.

#440 37 days ago

Bass frequencies are non directional so a ported cabinet is not crucial. A speaker in closed non ported cabinet will have the effect of a limiter which would give the bass frequencies a punchier quality. As long as there is air in the cabinet and it doesn’t make the glass rattle I don’t see a prob with this design.

#441 37 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I use 15” external sub that can drop to 16hz with high db, structure damaging bass!
No internal sub boxed or free space can come close, huge difference to the experience.
So yeah totally agree and I’m pretty much an expert

16hz out of a single 15" driver?!? Need a pic of that enclosure......that low causes body parts to lose predictability, lol. Not so sure I'd want or enjoy anything down there......

#442 37 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Bass frequencies are non directional so a ported cabinet is not crucial. A speaker in closed non ported cabinet will have the effect of a limiter which would give the bass frequencies a punchier quality. As long as there is air in the cabinet and it doesn’t make the glass rattle I don’t see a prob with this design.

Porting, amongst other things, effects the excursion (movement) of the cone. So yep, no ports certainly could act as a filter of sorts......you know how long the sine wave of a 16hz signal is? Let's just say Loooong. Can't imagine where you'd have to put it in a room to actually get the effect.

No home audiophile here, but have coupled my share of cabs over the years in pro land....

#443 37 days ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I've seen ventilation holes in pins, but never a port ( not really sealed as mentioned above). Does any manufacturer do that? Suspect the air volume in a Pin cabinet is way sufficient for the driver to beat it's little heart out....

#444 37 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

16hz out of a single 15" driver?!? Need a pic of that enclosure......that low causes body parts to lose predictability, lol. Not so sure I'd want or enjoy anything down there......

Paradigm servo 15, I tested them down to 16hz and the room was bouncing. I had 2 of them in my cinema room but now use one in the pinroom and one in my lounge.

#445 37 days ago

Yeah, I assumed all speakers going in to pinball machines were free air and not meant for sealed or ported cabs....

#446 37 days ago

MK6PIN
“ out of a single 15" driver?!? Need a pic of that enclosure......that low causes body parts to lose predictability, lol. Not so sure I'd want or enjoy anything down there.....”

Paradigm servo 15, I tested them down to 16hz and the room was bouncing. I had 2 of them in my cinema room but now use one in the pinroom and one in my lounge.

1AC9E99B-8944-4BC4-840F-1F6131CC8718 (resized).jpeg

#447 37 days ago

Sorry messed that up, 1:30 am here and drinking listening to Frankie Knuckles but on on my tv speakers lol
Son is upstairs with GF, don’t want his room to be bouncing

#448 37 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

“ out of a single 15" driver?!? Need a pic of that enclosure......that low causes body parts to lose predictability, lol. Not so sure I'd want or enjoy anything down there.....”
[quoted image]

Looks very cool....16hz? That's a 70' sine wave you got there....read some of the info and saw their "spec" sheet...certain it kicks ass, probably around 30 though....enjoy the early am though..off to bourbon myself..

#449 37 days ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Oh, that could be a blown fuse. On the pinotaur, you should see 3 fuses on the bottom right. When in the coil test menu, they'll have green lights on behind them if theyre good. No light means its blown. You of course could just pull out each one and inspect it manually. Apparantly some machines have an issue with the rightmost fuse blowing (two flipper coils use that bank). Replacing it with a 5A fuse seems to be working for most people. Not sure if people are using slow blow or fast blow 5A fuses to fix it. Make sure the game is off when you insert the new fuse. And when you power it back up after the fuse swap, make sure no coils fire a couple seconds after boot. If they do, it indicates a different problem, which you'll have to call or email us about.

Definitely use slow blow unless you won’t to burn through and blow a ton of fast blow fuses.

#450 37 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Looks very cool....16hz? That's a 70' sine wave you got there....read some of the info and saw their "spec" sheet...certain it kicks ass, probably around 30 though....enjoy the early am though..off to bourbon myself..

Test cd or dvd took it all the way down in steps so I know it went that far down, very strange wobbly sensation that I have never experienced before.

I have had/built sound systems since the 80’s so used to eye shaking high db bass but when I tested this sub with those low test signals which you couldn’t really hear but the whole room felt like it was bouncing and a wave going through you I was shocked. Works very well for cinema sound as some films drop for that shaking/wobbling effect. When you are watching a film and it drops people just look at you and say “WTF”

I bought these back in 2004 ish, I had to hunt them down as they were unbelievably cheap for what they do and sold out everywhere fast.
I didn’t believe it either until I experienced it with the test back in 2004, makes me smile to this day.

I have a bit of a headache this morning, hope you enjoyed yours

There are 1,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 33.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside