IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png
IMG_4275 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 339.
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

GNR is horrible. Played it again today at my local arcade. On looks it’s worth the money, but playing it definitely not worth it. Halloween all the way and I have not watched the movie yet, but I will. Born in 1971. Was never a horror fan but my wife and daughters are and want this pin. I am really excited for it. #481

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Agree to disagree. The flippers are weak, and it was just not fun. When the price tag is north oh $10k you have certain expectations. My daughters did nit like it either. Played AIQ and I didn’t know what was going on and I bought a pro. Bought it because it’s fun as hell. GNR is not all that fun. JP3, each time I play it I love it more and a getting one. Played GNR about 10 times and still don’t care for it. I personally do not know anyone who likes it.

Initially I wasn’t sure I liked it and I also thought it didn’t shoot that great. But after playing it more and more and getting used to the layout and shots, well, I can tell you that I was very wrong. The game shoots amazingly well and there is a ton of flow and speed. I agree that the flippers are NOT strong and snappy like a Stern. But, they are strong enough to make any and all of the shots and send the ball flying around orbits and up any of the ramps. If I’m playing Dead Pool or Rick and Morty and jump on GNR yes I can notice the flipper difference but like I said it still makes all the shots with no problems. I’ve owned GNR for 1 year now and I can honestly say that GNR shoots amazing and is an amazing game. I’m not saying it took me year to realize this.

IMO, I just think that once you become more familiar with the game, the way it plays, the layout, all the different shots and shot combinations you will learn how well this game shoots and that it is fast.
Also, making sure the game is setup properly, like any machine, is very important.

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Say what? Movie was incredible. Very realistic. Great acting.

Now we know why there are three Michaels on the play field.

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

This can be fix right? just Glad Spooky's is the best responding!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just been looking at some footage of one at the horror convention taken a couple of months ago and you can see it’s doing the same thing.
Surprised they didn’t fix the issue as they must have known then there was a problem.

#354 2 years ago

Has anyone gotten shipping dates on this last round of invoices paid last week?

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Nothing yet for #63.

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Nope on 58. But was just invoiced on Friday, so 1.5 days later seems early to me. I will be calling tomorrow to check on my ability to pick up on Monday, as I am heading to Benton after a work conference in Indy on Sunday. At least that is the current plan.

#357 2 years ago

#55 landing Friday. Might have a stream this weekend sometime if it arrives safely.

#358 2 years ago

Not sure if anyone has brought this up, does anyone know what the connect-o- vision is that is shown on the splash screen?

20211019_130531 (resized).jpg20211019_130531 (resized).jpg
#359 2 years ago

Hope to see some decals on the 3 main drop targets or the option to purchase them. The Sanitarium drop target has the rabbit in red matchbook so it can and should be done. Spooky, if you are reading this please slap some decals on #78 for me please. Surprise me! Thanks

#360 2 years ago

This is how cool Spooky Pinball is...

They posted a video on Facebook on them building the machines today..I asked in the comments as a joke which one is #61 and they responded with this pic..And said going into the box now.

What a company...
Hw 61 factory (resized).JPGHw 61 factory (resized).JPG

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Not sure if anyone has brought this up, does anyone know what the connect-o- vision is that is shown on the splash screen?
[quoted image]

I think it is just a boot up placeholder. Alice Cooper does it too.

#362 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

This is how cool Spooky Pinball is...
They posted a video on Facebook on them building the machines today..I asked in the comments as a joke which one is #61 and they responded with this pic..And said going into the box now.
What a company...
[quoted image]

Ce gold and ce blue? Were there options I don't know about?

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Maybe just the difference for Utraman vs Halloween.

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Difference between ultraman and but im curious if they will let you put blue on it as it may look better than gold.

#365 2 years ago

So, unfortunately I haven't had much time for pinball since I got my Halloween in due to a loss in the family, but found some time tonight to give it some attention and added some lights. Still need a few more leds, and will look into what can be done with the addressable led strips when I have more time.

20211019_191118 (resized).jpg20211019_191118 (resized).jpg20211019_191216 (resized).jpg20211019_191216 (resized).jpg
#366 2 years ago

Very sharp - Looks great!

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

added some lights.

Do you mind sharing how you add the lights to your games? Looks great!

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Do you mind sharing how you add the lights to your games? Looks great!

Just simple led light strips mounted to the bottom and back of cabinet. Plug them into the service outlet ,(I have my machines controlled by smart surge protectors. So I don't use the machine power switch. If you use the power switch, then you will need an alternative power method since the service outlet is always on,). On Rick and morty, I used rgb leds and tied them into the speaker leds. So the lights stay in sync with the speaker color. Guns n roses was a little more complicated since I tied into thr addressable leds so that my lights match the factory lightshows. I am going to look into doing this for Halloween too since there are addressable leds in the speakers, topper and on thr playfield

#369 2 years ago

If you want more detailed. I could put together a parts list and how-to

#370 2 years ago

I’d be interested in seeing that

Quoted from brerspidur:

If you want more detailed. I could put together a parts list and how-to

#371 2 years ago

I use these that you can get on Amazon. I use the 3 - 1ft led strips for the back box and a 4 - 1ft strips for underneath the cab. They are self adhesive, plug into a regular outlet, and have a remote to select multiple colors. Quick 5min install.

78061A7B-8D81-4BFE-8B13-561E677F71F4 (resized).jpeg78061A7B-8D81-4BFE-8B13-561E677F71F4 (resized).jpeg
#372 2 years ago

Not one Halloween for sale on pinside right now, there are gonna be some pissed off collectors that sold their spot.

Good work Spooky.

#373 2 years ago

I count about 15 between all three editions

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I count about 15 between all three editions

I think Gonzo73 ment to say 15

#375 2 years ago

Wierd, not coming up in my market searches.

#376 2 years ago

17 up for sale as of this morning

#377 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Not one Halloween for sale on pinside right now, there are gonna be some pissed off collectors that sold their spot.
Good work Spooky.

I do believe that once code is more polished in a couple months that this game will be VERY sought after and you won't see hardly any for sale. I listed mine and instantly got lots of interest but just can't let it go as in my heart I know spooky is gonna knock this out of the park with code.

#378 2 years ago

Number 58 is finished and ready to be picked up. Will be heading to Benton on Sunday night to pick up on Monday. Boo yah.

#379 2 years ago

I'm truly hoping for atleast double of the pumpkin modes. Bc there is just so much that is untapped in this game. Like the opening scene with the view from behind the mask, the school scene with the kids saying he's gonna get you. I believe with a minimum of 12 modes selectable. This will be a amazing game

#380 2 years ago

I wonder what the consensus is for the 17 people - rather put money to GZ? Played it on location and didnt care for it? trading spots for lower number? Does seem like a lot of listings for a game that hasnt produced 100 yet.

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Number 58 is finished and ready to be picked up. Will be heading to Benton on Sunday night to pick up on Monday. Boo yah.

Thats a LONG time from now. Drop everything and start driving now!

#382 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I wonder what the consensus is for the 17 people - rather put money to GZ? Played it on location and didnt care for it? trading spots for lower number? Does seem like a lot of listings for a game that hasnt produced 100 yet.

I think people jumped without knowing much about the game. Folks wanted to make sure they got in on one and figured they could just sell the spot if they decided they wanted other games more. I wonder if this was the case with other games as well.

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I think people jumped without knowing much about the game. Folks wanted to make sure they got in on one and figured they could just sell the spot if they decided they wanted other games more. I wonder if this was the case with other games as well.

this happens with EVERY. SINGLE.GAME. There's 17 for sale, probably 17 different reasons for selling.

#384 2 years ago

Got the email today saying if I am available the next couple days they can put it on a truck today. #61.

Of course the answer was hell ya.

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

We all took a leap of faith ordering before playing the game/or seeing the game played. I also think a lot of people purchased both UM and HW, knowing they could decide "later" which one they actually want.

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I think this will happen to Spooky games much more so than say Sterns because of how they handle sales. With Stern buying a machine is fairly simple, place an order and get your game typically in a few weeks. With Spooky it's try and get your order in then wait 12 to 18 months. Given that I figure many bought just in case knowing that they could flip their spot easily if they changed their mind.

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I think this will happen to Spooky games much more so than say Sterns because of how they handle sales. With Stern buying a machine is fairly simple, place an order and get your game typically in a few weeks. With Spooky it's try and get your order in then wait 12 to 18 months. Given that I figure many bought just in case knowing that they could flip their spot easily if they changed their mind.

Few weeks? I heard they have been back ordered tons.

#388 2 years ago

FOBS.
At least some buyers remembered that R&Ms spots were immediately worth $2k more than retail. Obviously that hasn’t happened with HW. I bet that at least a few of the pins for sale are due to Fear of Being Stuck with a pin that might have sinking value.

Not me…we are 163 (or 161?…now forgetting). Anyway, can’t wait. Played a couple of very fun balls of UM at Pinfest and am avoiding any more time on game until ours arrives. Production going way too slow for my taste. Originally thought I’d have it by Halloween. Now hoping to have it by Christmas.

#389 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Few weeks? I heard they have been back ordered tons.

Yes, but that's a recent issue, not how Stern has generally operated. =\

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

The current Stern process is pre-order a game, wait months for it to be built, and then have to pay anywhere from 200 to 1000 more than the original pre-order price if you still want it.

#391 2 years ago

To all the people wondering about the knife handle plunger, spooky mentioned to me the other day that they would have them in in 2 to 3 weeks

#392 2 years ago

You will absolutely love this game.....for the first 2 weeks. After 6 weeks it will start gathering dust. In 2 months it's gone. If you didn't get one, don't worry there will be plenty coming up for sale in the new year.

I'm not knocking Spooky or the game, but it's Halloween - a very simple low budget horror movie. There's not much meat on the bone.

I've given Spooky some suggestions to flesh the game out a bit, which may extend its stay in your collection. But ultimately, I don't see this as a keeper for most buyers.

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I've given Spooky some suggestions to flesh the game out a bit, which may extend its stay in your collection. But ultimately, I don't see this as a keeper for most buyers.

you should start your own pinball making company!
sounds like you have all the answers!

#394 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

You will absolutely love this game.....for the first 2 weeks. After 6 weeks it will start gathering dust. In 2 months it's gone. If you didn't get one, don't worry there will be plenty coming up for sale in the new year.
I'm not knocking Spooky or the game, but it's Halloween - a very simple low budget horror movie. There's not much meat on the bone.

It's funny how people think we want their opinion. Like Jay cutler said DON'T CARE.

#395 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

It's funny how people think we want their opinion. Like Jay cutler said DON'T CARE.

Why do people do this? Is there something about humanity in general that requires some people to offer their unsolicited negative opinion whenever possible? I would say it's my number 1 pet peeve about pinside but in reality this kind stuff occurs everywhere these days.

Jeff

#396 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

But a giant Lizard that tramples buildings is a grail game...

#397 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

What suggestions did you give to Spooky

#398 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

What suggestions did you give to Spooky

To completely scrap it and base it on his virtual pin, most likely.

#399 2 years ago

Well that makes sense

Quoted from Roostking:

To completely scrap it and base it on his virtual pin, most likely.

#400 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I (and I'm sure almost everyone else on here) don't really agree with this - not only because it's based on pure conjecture about how fun you think the game will be, but also due to the machine's target audience - it's a somewhat niche game made by a boutique company - only 1250 being made and many of those will go to huge fans of the movie who will enjoy it both as a pin and a collectors piece. The machine itself looks incredible and the code still has a long way to go. I really don't think you're going to pick one up in future on the second hand market very easily - if you're a Halloween fan, you're going to want to hold on to it.

I think the code/modes etc are coming along really nicely, and from what I have seen, it already has some great moments. Plot wise it's a rather "simple" movie yes, but why don't you think they can make a great game out of it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/8?hl=freakyvideoguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.