IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 340.
#4401 2 years ago

I am now selling my pinsight HDD for Spooky Games if anyone is interested.

https://cheapdrainz.myshopify.com/products/pinsight-hdd-spooky

20220320_114457 (resized).jpg20220320_114457 (resized).jpg20220320_114706 (resized).jpg20220320_114706 (resized).jpg
#4402 2 years ago

So it appears the scoop for the pumpkin shot can bend backwards, making the shot nearly impossible as others have mentioned here in the past. My previously automatic backhands started failing more and more, so I checked the deflector and noticed it was a fair bit more vertical than I remember.

I was able to bend it back using just 2 fingers pulling down from the front. Shots started working great again. Problem is, if it's getting bent back in just some hundreds of games, and I'm able to bend it back the other way with just my fingers, the metal is too weak and the part needs to be re-engineered... thicker metal, and/or an indentation to reinforce the bend, similar to pic.

If you can't make the scoop, try bending the flap downward and attempt backhand shot, see if it improves.

stop (resized).jpgstop (resized).jpg
#4403 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Brevity - take your servo wires UNDER the playfield, cut the wire ties that hold them...let them hang....THEN relace (attach) each individually, just not all neat and tidy together. Do one say left to right, then the next front to back (90 degrees), and the third just further down.

Gotcha! Thank you.

I don't know if you saw my earlier posts but during my troubleshooting, I did separate out each servo harness, bundled the excess with a zip tie, and then used multiple routing options around and above the main board before plugging them in. When that didn't work, I tried replacing the servo extension leads with braided versions (rather than twisted) but that didn't make a difference either.

With the close proximity of the servos to those blood targets, I started thinking, well, maybe those targets are directly inducing the EMI that the servo motors are picking up. In any case, after having an original servo completely fail on me, I thought I'd try servos of a slightly different design and from a different manufacturer and so far the issue seems to have been resolved.

#4404 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Gotcha! Thank you.
I don't know if you saw my earlier posts but during my troubleshooting, I did separate out each servo harness, bundled the excess with a zip tie, and then used multiple routing options around and above the main board before plugging them in. When that didn't work, I tried replacing the servo extension leads with braided versions (rather than twisted) but that didn't make a difference either.
With the close proximity of the servos to those blood targets, I started thinking, well, maybe those targets are directly inducing the EMI that the servo motors are picking up. In any case, after having an original servo completely fail on me, I thought I'd try servos of a slightly different design and from a different manufacturer and so far the issue seems to have been resolved.

Followed your posts...saw different approaches, but never eliminating ( one actually supercharged) the induction potential.

Regardless...happy yours is working, and given you had a dead servo, had to change regardless.

Chasing these things can definitely be challenging ( my TZ decided to take a dump on Friday...still kicking my ass ...that game is a huge PITA when things get wonky)

#4405 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So it appears the scoop for the pumpkin shot can bend backwards, making the shot nearly impossible as others have mentioned here in the past. My previously automatic backhands started failing more and more, so I checked the deflector and noticed it was a fair bit more vertical than I remember.
I was able to bend it back using just 2 fingers pulling down from the front. Shots started working great again. Problem is, if it's getting bent back in just some hundreds of games, and I'm able to bend it back the other way with just my fingers, the metal is too weak and the part needs to be re-engineered... thicker metal, and/or an indentation to reinforce the bend, similar to pic.
If you can't make the scoop, try bending the flap downward and attempt backhand shot, see if it improves.[quoted image]

Run your finger over the front of the scoop protector too mine was bent up quite a bit causing a lot of bad shots

#4406 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've watched how you were addressing the issue, and several on here nailed the culprit. Strictly speaking for myself, with the intent of helping others, as I love this game, Spooky rocks, and possibly clarifying would help others find what I did....
EMI - electromagnetic interference (noise)
Induced voltage - can be transmitted OR received depending on what the intent is by creating a coil or in this case a loop to amplify the desired result.
While both have similarities, the resulting effects are generally different.
In this case, the servo motor wiring UNDER the playfield have managed in some cases to create an effective inductive loop (due to overall length and parallel nature underneath). When this happens, it's not noise, but rather an induced voltage (from whatever) that it picks up. That small voltage is then "seen" by a Michael but only briefly, hence the creep. Also explains why there are many games that don't even experience it. Servo is simply getting induced voltage at random times, and energizes. Completely random, Michaels behave differently, with the exception as #1 always seems to be the worst culprit. Why? best shot of getting the full effect of the pulse, as the wiring ABOVE the playfield is parallel.
So...as others have touched on, the simplest way to "break the loop" is to go UNDER the playfield, unlace all the servo wiring (carefully, but quite easy) leaving each 3 wire servo twist in place, hanging. Once accomplished, locate an easy area under the playfield to relace, with each servo trio oriented 90 degrees from each other. The wires are long, and took me about 15 minutes to address once I figured out what was happening.
These are hand laced, again explaining why some games do it, and some don't. Simply been assembled/ laced differently. The 90 degree part actual creates rejection to any induced voltage, as opposed to amplifying it. You may have actually done it when you changed your servos and not even realized it. I had the issue, corrected, replicated, and corrected using this method 3 times...enough to convince me I'd found what was happening.
Easy, but just be careful to not cut an actual wire. Secure, and done. There are several games out now dating back to WOZ where proper wireway/ lacing is very important. This is one of them.....(ferrite chokes are sort of hit or miss as they generally help w rejecting noise)
Yes, I've interacted w Spooky (quite a bit) as I went through this...again, not speaking for them, just wanted this lifted so everyone just doesn't pile on, blaming bad parts or something....this works, and hope some find it helpful.....

The real question here is if Spooky is going to be incorporating these wiring changes to new games being produced moving forward.

#4407 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

The real question here is if Spooky is going to be incorporating these wiring changes to new games being produced moving forward.

I think what Spooky needs to do is define exactly the source cause of the problem and then determine an appropriate fix from there.

I do appreciate Spooky's efforts in dealing with the issue by implementing servo correction code in version 1.06 of the software. But IMO, this only addressed the symptom; it didn't correct the problem.

Whatever the "fix" turns out to be, it needs to be something that can be applied retroactively to existing machines as well as machines going forward.

#4408 2 years ago

It is hard enough to hit the right orbit, but when it doesn't register it makes it even harder. I remember seeing in some earlier posts about adjustments to the switches on the right orbit when shots don't register, which particular switch is the culprit, and what is the best method to set it?

#4409 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

It is hard enough to hit the right orbit, but when it doesn't register it makes it even harder. I remember seeing in some earlier posts about adjustments to the switches on the right orbit when shots don't register, which particular switch is the culprit, and what is the best method to set it?

I wonder if the switch is too far inboard and the ball gets around it?

2c313b685d73174a91491d382031e12ee11afa6f (resized).jpg2c313b685d73174a91491d382031e12ee11afa6f (resized).jpg
#4410 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

[quoted image]

Oooh that does look a bit too far to the left doesn't it? If the lanes follow that artwork (why wouldn't they?) but are tending a hair more to the right hand side of the art outline, I can definitely see a fast, smooth shot scraping just past that switch.

#4411 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

[quoted image]

I had this issue and reached in and wedged a rubber post between the guide rail and outer wall and took care of the problem.
It’s been months actually,forgot I did this.
Here’s a quick drawing of where I placed the rubber post.
86426BCC-6B67-4C82-869A-D1A10A151AAC (resized).jpeg86426BCC-6B67-4C82-869A-D1A10A151AAC (resized).jpeg

#4412 2 years ago

Excellent, I will give it a try.

#4413 2 years ago

R&M had this problem with the ball not registering the switches on some orbits. One solution is to replace the physical switches with magnetic switches (MRS). M&M Creations sells these.

#4414 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

R&M had this problem with the ball not registering the switches on some orbits. One solution is to replace the physical switches with magnetic switches (MRS). M&M Creations sells these.

I installed these on my R&M. They work great. Never fails to register the ball going by. Added bonus of eliminating the slight friction of a physical switch.

#4415 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I bought 2 of these for my CV that I didn’t use, where would you mount these to work on Halloween?

#4416 2 years ago

I bent mine a little, to hit the switch with less pressure, and it helped a lot too.

Check this video:

#4417 2 years ago

I can hit the right orbit with much more consistency if I trap the ball on the left flipper and then try to hit it, versus an "on the fly" hit.

#4418 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I bought 2 of these for my CV that I didn’t use, where would you mount these to work on Halloween?

I believe each MRS may be specifically designed for a specific pin or manufacture, so I'm not sure if ones for an old Williams pin would work on Halloween? Maybe contact M&M.

#4419 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I believe each MRS may be specifically designed for a specific pin or manufacture, so I'm not sure if ones for an old Williams pin would work on Halloween? Maybe contact M&M.

Just been testing them, they would not pick up through the thickness of a playfield. Not sure where else you would put one. Ball needs to be pretty close to get a reading. Ok through a plastic ramp.
I bought from the first batch I think which were intended for Bally/Williams.

Maybe an opto would have been the answer if the switch needs to be adjusted so finely and even then it sounds hit and miss.

#4420 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

This is correct arzoo ...Spooky playfield thickness is thinner than Williams....and the switch matrix circuit is different....but that said - we are also talking about 2 different' MRS'....Lostcause has the OEM Williams MRS' - whereas the R&M is a rollover variant....so - lots of apples & oranges in this discussion....further, we now make ramp specific MRS' (which are about half the size of the OEM original)....PM for more questions...

Here to help!

Matt
M&M Creations

#4421 2 years ago

I was invoiced on 3/15 for game 414 and paid in full that same day. Said I should receive it in April. I did not order butter so there won't be that delay, but I did request the team to sign the backbox like they did with my ACNC and R&M. Can't wait to receive it!

#4422 2 years ago

If the servo motors are failing after a few days what makes anyone believe they will last years? I'm a little concerned with longevity. They should have went with solenoids and forget the servos if they are failing so rapidly.

#4423 2 years ago
Quoted from blbarchik:

If the servo motors are failing after a few days what makes anyone believe they will last years? I'm a little concerned with longevity. They should have went with solenoids and forget the servos if they are failing so rapidly.

In my case, it was a few weeks of daily game play before mine failed from being driven repeatedly into the hedge. If Spooky can figure out what is causing the spikes in the servos and come up with a fix (which I'm sure they're working on), then failure of the servos will no longer be a problem.

In addition, I don't think this is a widespread problem as only a few here reported having issues with the Michael servos.

#4424 2 years ago

* deleted *

#4425 2 years ago
Quoted from blbarchik:

If the servo motors are failing after a few days

Where’s it say this?

It’s not “a thing” at all. Please don’t make it one.

Occasionally, a servo will break - as a coil will short, or a transistor will lock on, a bulb fails …. Shit happens.

rd

#4426 2 years ago

Received my #417 butter cab confirmation email from king Pin

#4427 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Where’s it say this?
It’s not “a thing” at all. Please don’t make it one.
Occasionally, a servo will break - as a coil will short, or a transistor will lock on, a bulb fails …. Shit happens.
rd

+ 1 million....( and in this case, the servos are NOT bad, so maybe just be grateful the factory supports the game, not making broad stroke negative statements)

#4428 2 years ago

I had the house mode stacked with the first pumpkin mode. During the mode, some of the shots turned blue (I'm used to red, green and pink). What does the blue indicate?

#4429 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I had the house mode stacked with the first pumpkin mode. During the mode, some of the shots turned blue (I'm used to red, green and pink). What does the blue indicate?

I think it’s says on the screen of some of the modes,the blue shots add time to the mode.

#4430 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I think it’s says on the screen of some of the modes, the blue shots add time to the mode.

I think that this will be a bit a work to try to tidy the code up (if they think it is necessary and possibly all in due time) with all of the stackable modes. A friend and I were playing a couple of days ago and I was watching the screen trying to guide him on what to shoot for. There are some modes where you only 'shoot the green shots, not the red' (I assume on the main PF), yet you are also stacked with Sanitarium which is only red shots on that playfield. I think that we had another mode stacked at that time as well and there would have been a requirement to shoot for whatever it needed to succeed, unfortunately only one mode of instructions were on the screen. As odd or confusing as this might seem, I personally like having all of the stackable modes so hopefully they keep coming. Maybe if it isn't reasonable to have the various shots or instructions listed they can just ensure that the mode title(s) are listed so you can remember what is going on. It's great fun either way!

#4431 2 years ago

I couldnt find in this thread but has anyone modified the scoop so you dont get so many ball rejects. easier to hit scoop from upper playfield than straight in.
any ideas appreciated

#4432 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

I couldnt find in this thread but has anyone modified the scoop so you dont get so many ball rejects. easier to hit scoop from upper playfield than straight in.
any ideas appreciated

I was able to bend the deflector at the back of the scoop downwards a bit which seems to have helped the pumpkin scoop shot. Easily makeable now with a backhand, and more reliable from the left flipper.

#4433 2 years ago

Check the cliffy with your finger to make sure it's not bent causing the ball to jump. Mine was. Replaced mylar from extra in coinbox and shots are good again.

#4434 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I posted this over half a year ago... It was a guesstimate as to when the first roughly 500 games would ship...
"So if that’s the case I’d say if you are under number 90-100 you’ll likely get this physically delivered prior to “Halloween”. With adding approximately a 1-2 week +/- some weeks slowing down (shortage of parts, corrections etc) some increasing etc these would be my guess for delivery for the following roughly first 500ish" I'm in the upper 300's and don't have my game yet, but it looks like sometime in April according to my own chart
#120-140 11/01-11/15 2021
#141-159 11/16-11/28 2021
#160-179 12/01-12/14 2021
#180-199 12/15-12/31 2021
#200-225 01/01-01/15 2022
#226-240 01/16-01/31 2022
#241-270 02/01-02/15 2022
#271-300 02/16-02/28 2022
#301-340 03/01-03/15 2022
#341-365 03/16-03/31 2022
#366-390 04/01-04/15 2022
#391-425 04/16-04/30 2022
#426-449 05/01-05/15 2022
#450-480 05/16-05/31 2022
#481-515 06/01-06/15 2022

When would 1225 be according to your chart?

#4435 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Definitely next year 1st quarter or early 2nd quarter barring any parts shortages.

#4436 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I posted this over half a year ago... It was a guesstimate as to when the first roughly 500 games would ship...
"So if that’s the case I’d say if you are under number 90-100 you’ll likely get this physically delivered prior to “Halloween”. With adding approximately a 1-2 week +/- some weeks slowing down (shortage of parts, corrections etc) some increasing etc these would be my guess for delivery for the following roughly first 500ish" I'm in the upper 300's and don't have my game yet, but it looks like sometime in April according to my own chart
#516-539 06/16-06/30 2022
#540-575 07/01-07/15 2022
#576-609 07/16-07/31 2022
#610-645 08/01-08/16 2022
#646-670 08/17-08/31 2022
#671-702 09/01-09/15 2022
#703-741 09/16-09/30 2022
#742-774 10/01-10/15 2022
#775-819 10/16-10/31 2022
#820-852 11/01-11/15 2022
#853-881 11/16-11/30 2022
#882-921 12/01-12/15 2022
#922-950 12/16-12/31 2022
#951-970 01/01-01/16 2023
#971-1010 01/17-01/31 2023
#1011-1039 02/01-02/15 2023
#1040-1062 02/16-02/28 2023
#1063-1091 03/01-03/31 2023
#1092-1125 04/01-04/16 2023
#1126-1141 04/17-04/30 2023
#1142-1175 05/01-05/16 2023
#1176-1206 05/17-05/31 2023
#1207-1229 06/01-06/16 2023
#1229-1250 06/17-06/30 2023

July 1st-August 1st 2023 NEW game tease / announcement

Evil Dead
Scooby Doo
Beetlejuice

Or

Friday The 13th October 13th 2023 / announced on Friday The 13th.

teased / announced with games shipping October 2023

#4438 2 years ago

I’m 563 through Spooky. Hoping for the 4th of July!

#4439 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

#516-539 06/16-06/30 2022
#540-575 07/01-07/15 2022
#576-609 07/16-07/31 2022
#610-645 08/01-08/16 2022
#646-670 08/17-08/31 2022
#671-702 09/01-09/15 2022
#703-741 09/16-09/30 2022
#742-774 10/01-10/15 2022
#775-819 10/16-10/31 2022
#820-852 11/01-11/15 2022
#853-881 11/16-11/30 2022
#882-921 12/01-12/15 2022
#922-950 12/16-12/31 2022
#951-970 01/01-01/16 2023
#971-1010 01/17-01/31 2023
#1011-1039 02/01-02/15 2023
#1040-1062 02/16-02/28 2023
#1063-1091 03/01-03/31 2023
#1092-1125 04/01-04/16 2023
#1126-1141 04/17-04/30 2023
#1142-1175 05/01-05/16 2023
#1176-1206 05/17-05/31 2023
#1207-1229 06/01-06/16 2023
#1229-1250 06/17-06/30 2023
July 1st-August 1st 2023 NEW game tease / announcement
Evil Dead
Scooby Doo
Beetlejuice
Or
Friday The 13th October 13th 2023 / announced on Friday The 13th.
teased / announced with games shipping October 2023

750 on run here, might get it for my birthday which is Halloween

#4440 2 years ago

I got the best email of my life last Thursday.
Butter or regular?
I’m #490…..I ordered direct from Spooky day one.
Butter for me.

#4441 2 years ago
Quoted from DannyGraver:

I got the best email of my life last Thursday.
Butter or regular?
I’m #490…..I ordered direct from Spooky day one.
Butter for me.

Wow. I am 481 and nothing. Starting to sour right now with Spooky. Another person who was 482 got their notice. This is crap.

Regardless where you ordered what’s the point of having having numbers if they are NOT going to go in order. Probably last time I buy from them and this is my first pin from them.

#4442 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Wow. I am 481 and nothing. Starting to sour right now with Spooky. Another person who was 482 got their notice. This is crap.
Regardless where you ordered what’s the point of having having numbers if they are NOT going to go in order. Probably last time I buy from them and this is my first pin from them.

It might have to do with distributors getting numbers as well. We don’t know since we’re not there. Give them a call or send an email. I’m sure yours is somewhere in the ready mix.

#4443 2 years ago

Holy overreaction Batman! The sense of entitlement is strong.

#4444 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Holy overreaction Batman! The sense of entitlement is strong.

Your funny. You think I am entitled because I am upset that people who ordered after me are getting their emails? You don’t know me at all. You keyboard Warriors are something else.

This pin is for my wife who is going through a lot of medical issues and could use a win right now. So don’t chime in not knowing someone’s situation and reason for being upset. Maybe you will avoid looking like a jerk.

I am a disabled veteran who served my country, what have you done?If ever in Arizona come say it to my face boy. Your a fanboy apparently. People like you are the reason any forums suck.

I am just glad I am not a person like you. Not going to waste anymore energy on entitled fan boys like yourself.

#4445 2 years ago

This pin is for my wife who is going through a lot of medical issues and could use a win right now.

My number has come up and I've deferred the build. PM me and lets see if we can swap numbers if it moves you up.

#4446 2 years ago

Wow. I am 481 and nothing. Starting to sour right now with Spooky. Another person who was 482 got their notice.

This pin is for my wife who is going through a lot of medical issues and could use a win right now.

Spooky only goes in a rough order, number assignments of the machine help to keep track of who the machine is going to and what the specifications the customer asked for. When they have a container bound for another country they have to fill it to send it so sometimes later numbers get bumped in to get that container out the door. Sometimes the butter cabinets are behind from the manufacture and those people are skipped until parts arrive.

Spooky is incredibly responsive and helpful. Why don't you just call them up, explain your personal situation, and see if they can help you out.

#4447 2 years ago

If ever in Arizona come say it to my face boy.

You lose the argument (or at very least the high ground) the second you say shit like this. Stop sinking to other people's level to make a point. Nobody is afraid of it, it just weakens your position and makes you sound like a buffoon.

#4448 2 years ago

Your funny. You think I am entitled because I am upset that people who ordered after me are getting their emails? You don’t know me at all. You keyboard Warriors are something else.
This pin is for my wife who is going through a lot of medical issues and could use a win right now. So don’t chime in not knowing someone’s situation and reason for being upset. Maybe you will avoid looking like a jerk.
I am a disabled veteran who served my country, what have you done?If ever in Arizona come say it to my face boy. Your a fanboy apparently. People like you are the reason any forums suck.
I am just glad I am not a person like you. Not going to waste anymore energy on entitled fan boys like yourself.

I completely empathize with your situation but I can say that as annoying as this might be, if you just PM SpookyLuke you'll find the answers you seek. I don't think Spooky goes in sequential order for builds. I could be wrong on this but there have been other instances to date where the build numbers seemed to have been out of order for a bit. I'm not here to tell you you're entitled or wrong or anything like that, just a friendly encouragement to reach out and ask them.

Jeff

#4449 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You lose the argument (or at very least the high ground) the second you say shit like this. Stop sinking to other people's level to make a point. Nobody is afraid of it, it just weakens your position and makes you sound like a buffoon.

Perhaps but, frustration gets the better of even the best of us sometimes. I'm 100% guilty of this flaw, no doubt. I think we all could be better at remembering this reality.

Jeff

#4450 2 years ago

I didnt think you bought from Spooky directly, so it may not be them giving you problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/89?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.