IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 338.
#4351 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

There might as well not even be a right orbit shot, on my game. I never hit it, and haven’t found the shot at all.

I am also really really bad at hitting the orbits. I am also not 100% sure that mine take all the time, i guess i have to take the glass off and go into test mode soon. Has anyone else had issues with orbits being recognized? As a second part to that question, outside of modes, what are the ramp/orbit behaviors? It looks like when I hit one the others light up white, is that for a combo bonus? It doesn't seem to always award it.

#4352 2 years ago

Orbits and ramps will award combos in the base mode. The orbits also reset the drop targets if you clear a mode.

PS: Legit sent from on the Eiffel Tower. Waiting for the family in the bathroom.

#4353 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

PS: Legit sent from on the Eiffel Tower. Waiting for the family in the bathroom.

They do call it a vacation for a reason... That reason isn't to check pinside from the Eiffel Tower... LOL

Jeff

#4354 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Orbits and ramps will award combos in the base mode. The orbits also reset the drop targets if you clear a mode.

If you don't get the primo 'Employee of the Month' parking space when you get back I don't know who should!

#4355 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Pics or it didn't happen.

#4356 2 years ago

There's a bug in 1.06b where Sanitarium can restart for a 2nd time if you've already played it, and once that happens it blocks you from hedge or house, and you can't actually get it going the 2nd time. The shots are lit, but the drop target just pops back up if you hit it. Kind of messed up a really good game where I could have completed house, sanitarium, and hedge on ball 1.

And there is a shortcut to stalker mode if you play pumpkin mode 1 first. I know if you fail it, stalker will be selectable the next time when you are supposed to need to visit 2 other modes.

#4357 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I am 481 through nitro. How did you get an email already? Congrats btw

I ordered direct through Spooky, Morgan emailed me yesterday along with what looks to be about 30 others to see if they want a butter cab or not for their machines.

#4358 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

If you don't get the primo 'Employee of the Month' parking space when you get back I don't know who should!

DJ parks in the "employee of the month" spot.

#4359 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Direct order from Spooky #489...

Quoted from PDX-Mike:

.. Morgan emailed me yesterday along with what looks to be about 30 others...

489 or 389?

#4360 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That’s why you’d name the code with a time stamp. Then it’s just browsing the directory and looking for the biggest date when listing the files.
Also makes it easier to downgrade by knowing which updates are which instead of all of them being named the same.

Quoted from mrclean:

I posted this over half a year ago... It was a guesstimate as to when the first roughly 500 games would ship...
"So if that’s the case I’d say if you are under number 90-100 you’ll likely get this physically delivered prior to “Halloween”. With adding approximately a 1-2 week +/- some weeks slowing down (shortage of parts, corrections etc) some increasing etc these would be my guess for delivery for the following roughly first 500ish" I'm in the upper 300's and don't have my game yet, but it looks like sometime in April according to my own chart
#120-140 11/01-11/15 2021
#141-159 11/16-11/28 2021
#160-179 12/01-12/14 2021
#180-199 12/15-12/31 2021
#200-225 01/01-01/15 2022
#226-240 01/16-01/31 2022
#241-270 02/01-02/15 2022
#271-300 02/16-02/28 2022
#301-340 03/01-03/15 2022
#341-365 03/16-03/31 2022
#366-390 04/01-04/15 2022
#391-425 04/16-04/30 2022
#426-449 05/01-05/15 2022
#450-480 05/16-05/31 2022
#481-515 06/01-06/15 2022

Wow, I'm number 1000-something, and it looks like I'd be getting mine around december/jan next year. not bad

#4361 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I ordered direct through Spooky, Morgan emailed me yesterday along with what looks to be about 30 others to see if they want a butter cab or not for their machines.

Crazy you got the email when those in the 400’s aren’t due till May

#4362 2 years ago

Yeah I am wondering that also.

#4363 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I emailed Morgan yesterday wondering how you jumped ahead of me. Seems that their building shipping system at times doesn’t make sense since I am 481 your 482.

#4364 2 years ago

Positive update experience from a mechanically inept suck level player:

Windows 11, format a fresh drive FAT32 unchecked the quick format box.

Loaded 106b (never installed 106a)

Connected to the USB by the coin door, started machine.

Machine updating….

Update complete….

Restart

Zero hiccups.

#4365 2 years ago

Really enjoying this game. Is there a way to turn up the music volume and turn down the call out volume? It doesn't look like a setting exists. The reaper is really low for me.

#4366 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

... Is there a way to turn up the music volume and turn down the call out volume?.

Ah good question...basically saved Iron Maiden for me

#4367 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Really enjoying this game. Is there a way to turn up the music volume and turn down the call out volume? It doesn't look like a setting exists. The reaper is really low for me.

The sound is super funky during this mode. I think they’ll address it with a code update. They should have mixed it with Dubly.

#4368 2 years ago

They need to run a lot of the Loomis dialog through a high-pass filter to eliminate the mic thump as well, especially the attract mode stuff.

#4369 2 years ago

I love when the volume changes on TFTC. I think “don’t fear the reaper” should increase volume and fade out other sounds.

Pumpkin multiball is definitely a special moment on this machine, make it shine.

#4370 2 years ago

Yea, IMHO JoL MB should eventually be moved to a mini wiz mode, either after playing all the regular pumpkin modes (similar to TABA), or maybe after playing all the main mode multiballs (a la DTR). It's too different from all the other pumpkin modes to be included in the mix. Keep Stalker as an expert style mode but JoL and Reaper music are bigger than that...

#4371 2 years ago

It kinda has a “mini wizard” feel now.

Quoted from metallik:

Yea, IMHO JoL MB should eventually be moved to a mini wiz mode, either after playing all the regular pumpkin modes (similar to TABA), or maybe after playing all the main mode multiballs (a la DTR). It's too different from all the other pumpkin modes to be included in the mix. Keep Stalker as an expert style mode but JoL and Reaper music are bigger than that...

#4372 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

DJ parks in the "employee of the month" spot.

I've just always parked there. Then they made it the employee of the month spot, and I just kept parking there.

#4373 2 years ago

Top spot for the next game coder eh?

Quoted from spooky_dj:

I've just always parked there. Then they made it the employee of the month spot, and I just kept parking there.

#4374 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Pics or it didn't happen.

20220318_211437 (resized).jpg20220318_211437 (resized).jpg

#4375 2 years ago

Big rugby match there tonight, France v England. Swing low, sweet chariot ……………………

#4376 2 years ago

In audits, does lifetime plays always reset after each update?

#4377 2 years ago

Im convinced the middle ramp diverter guide should not be symmetrical. Based on the path of the ball, each side should have its own curve/angle. I think different geometry on either side of that plate would make both shots flow much better. I'm going to poke around my shop later today to see what I have for mockup materials....

#4378 2 years ago

Good morning!

Frequent readers here may recall my posts about the Michael "creep" issue I've been dealing with. Although the latest code revision addresses this issue somewhat (by resetting the Michael servo when the associated blood target is hit), I was still having problems with the servos receiving longer signal pulses resulting in them jumping out quite a bit and not resetting. In fact, my Michaels were being driven into the hedges so much, earlier this week I had a servo fail and stop working completely.

Well, I believe I have fixed the issue, at least on my machine. At my own expense, I replaced all three of the Michael servos with alternate versions (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0874JS7BX). These new servos have similar specs to the originals but have metal gearing instead of the nylon gears found in the original servos. The new servos no longer jump out like the previous ones did. I still see a lot of the code corrections kicking in when I hit one of the blood targets below a servo, but the servos are no longer jumping out and eventually being driven into the hedges.

As an aside, these servos are dark in color, not the blue of the original servos. So I took the extra time of enclosing the servo wiring in split loom to make them less noticeable. I definitely like the darker colors along the left side of the machine now. And it looks much better.
Michaels_4 (resized).jpgMichaels_4 (resized).jpg

#4379 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing the link to the new servos you used.

#4380 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Good morning!
Frequent readers here may recall my posts about the Michael "creep" issue I've been dealing with. Although the latest code revision addresses this issue somewhat (by resetting the Michael servo when the associated blood target is hit), I was still having problems with the servos receiving longer signal pulses resulting in them jumping out quite a bit and not resetting. In fact, my Michaels were being driven into the hedges so much, earlier this week I had a servo fail and stop working completely.
Well, I believe I have fixed the issue, at least on my machine. At my own expense, I replaced all three of the Michael servos with alternate versions (amazon.com link »). These new servos have similar specs to the originals but have metal gearing instead of the nylon gears found in the original servos. The new servos no longer jump out like the previous ones did. I still see a lot of the code corrections kicking in when I hit one of the blood targets below a servo, but the servos are no longer jumping out and eventually being driven into the hedges.
As an aside, these servos are dark in color, not the blue of the original servos. So I took the extra time of enclosing the servo wiring in split loom to make them less noticeable. I definitely like the darker colors along the left side of the machine now. And it looks much better.
[quoted image]

Good job, should change it to dark green split loom maybe?
https://www.amazon.com/Colored-Split-Wire-Loom-Diameter/dp/B079TGL36M/ref=mp_s_a_1_7_sspa

#4381 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Good job, should change it to dark green split loom maybe?

I had considered going with green or orange but with the black rail and dark servos, I felt black was the best choice. Everything blends and is subdued. Going with orange or green would make it stand out too much, IMO. I'm all about the darkness!

#4382 2 years ago

Gotta say I’m getting excited. This game seems different. In a good way.

Just played a lot of newer Sterns this past week in Denver with Mr68 (shoutout to Kim!).

Had a blast. And there was no stealth “Icey hate texting” going on.

Stern games are always heart thumping and a lot of cool layouts these past couple years. But there’s also a sameness to Sterns. The beauty of JJP is that their games are quirky. They’re interesting journeys. This will be my first Spooky but I’m getting the exact same vibe of “unique”.

514 with butta baby! Call me! LFG!

#4383 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Gotta say I’m getting excited. This game seems different. In a good way.
Just played a lot of newer Sterns this past week in Denver with Mr68 (shoutout to Kim!).
Had a blast. And there was no stealth “Icey hate texting” going on.
Stern games are always heart thumping and a lot of cool layouts these past couple years. But there’s also a sameness to Sterns. The beauty of JJP is that their games are quirky. They’re interesting journeys. This will be my first Spooky but I’m getting the exact same vibe of “unique”.
514 with butta baby! Call me! LFG!

I have 4 newer sterns. I haven’t touched them since my Halloween arrived (Feb28th). It’s so different in a good way. We are loving it here.

#4384 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Good morning!
Well, I believe I have fixed the issue, at least on my machine. At my own expense, I replaced all three of the Michael servos with alternate versions (amazon.com link »). These new servos have similar specs to the originals but have metal gearing instead of the nylon gears found in the original servos. The new servos no longer jump out like the previous ones did. I still see a lot of the code corrections kicking in when I hit one of the blood targets below a servo, but the servos are no longer jumping out and eventually being driven into the hedges.
[quoted image]

Nice work! I bought some tubing to hide wires for mine also.

#4385 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Nice work! I bought some tubing to hide wires for mine also.

Link to the tubing that was purchased?

#4386 2 years ago

Here's tubing I would recommend: https://www.amazon.com/Electriduct-Tubing-Polyethylene-Flexible-Conduit/dp/B00TE1LJO2

You will want .25" I.D. for the two segments under the servos and .375" I.D. for the third segment going into the playfield.

#4387 2 years ago

* Deleted *

#4388 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Good morning!

[quoted image]

I haven’t installed the ferrite. I haven’t had any time. I will say the few times I’ve played I haven’t seen the creep. Probably gonna grab a few of these. are all the servos in the game the same?

#4389 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Im convinced the middle ramp diverter guide should not be symmetrical. Based on the path of the ball, each side should have its own curve/angle. I think different geometry on either side of that plate would make both shots flow much better. I'm going to poke around my shop later today to see what I have for mockup materials....

I agree, the right side angle needs to be cut in more to allow more room for the ball, left side a little more rounded. I've also been meaning to twiddle with it, let us know what you find out.

#4390 2 years ago

#420 Butter Email sent

#4391 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Good morning!
[quoted image]

Glad w the recalibration feature in the software, the new servos are working out ( very, very familiar w the metal gear version, along with additional metal case model if you really wanted/ needed the strength)...Michael is pretty small though, so kinda overkill...

Would only offer to those w problems...check w Spooky support....it is definitely NOT the servos, and am confident they can share the pretty straightforward fix ( think inductive loop, not EMI).

Really like the lacing ideas!!! Good stuff...

#4392 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Would only offer to those w problems...check w Spooky support....it is definitely NOT the servos, and am confident they can share the pretty straightforward fix ( think inductive loop, not EMI).

Actually, I have been working with Spooky support for the last few weeks while I tried everything I could think of to identify the source of the problem. I've replaced the servo extension leads, braided the servo flat wire leads, replaced the 12v/5v power supply (at my own expense), etc. All along, Spooky has tried to offer guidance but they've been unable to determine the cause of the problem.

It wasn't until I changed out the servos that the problem seemed to go away.

MK6PIN - You suggested this issue might be some sort of inductance loop. Can you shed some more light on this?

#4393 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Actually, I have been working with Spooky support for the last few weeks while I tried everything I could think of to identify the source of the problem. I've replaced the servo extension leads, braided the servo flat wire leads, replaced the 12v/5v power supply (at my own expense), etc. All along, Spooky has tried to offer guidance but they've been unable to determine the cause of the problem.
MK6PIN - You suggested this issue might be some sort of inductance loop. Can you shed some more light on this?

I have the first Michael (closest to the player) permanently exposed ; seemingly after the latest code update . Not sure how to fix; although i may have missed previous posts .describing this.

#4394 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

I've watched how you were addressing the issue, and several on here nailed the culprit. Strictly speaking for myself, with the intent of helping others, as I love this game, Spooky rocks, and possibly clarifying would help others find what I did....

EMI - electromagnetic interference (noise)

Induced voltage - can be transmitted OR received depending on what the intent is by creating a coil or in this case a loop to amplify the desired result.

While both have similarities, the resulting effects are generally different.

In this case, the servo motor wiring UNDER the playfield have managed in some cases to create an effective inductive loop (due to overall length and parallel nature underneath). When this happens, it's not noise, but rather an induced voltage (from whatever) that it picks up. That small voltage is then "seen" by a Michael but only briefly, hence the creep. Also explains why there are many games that don't even experience it. Servo is simply getting induced voltage at random times, and energizes. Completely random, Michaels behave differently, with the exception as #1 always seems to be the worst culprit. Why? best shot of getting the full effect of the pulse, as the wiring ABOVE the playfield is parallel.

So...as others have touched on, the simplest way to "break the loop" is to go UNDER the playfield, unlace all the servo wiring (carefully, but quite easy) leaving each 3 wire servo twist in place, hanging. Once accomplished, locate an easy area under the playfield to relace, with each servo trio oriented 90 degrees from each other. The wires are long, and took me about 15 minutes to address once I figured out what was happening.

These are hand laced, again explaining why some games do it, and some don't. Simply been assembled/ laced differently. The 90 degree part actual creates rejection to any induced voltage, as opposed to amplifying it. You may have actually done it when you changed your servos and not even realized it. I had the issue, corrected, replicated, and corrected using this method 3 times...enough to convince me I'd found what was happening.

Easy, but just be careful to not cut an actual wire. Secure, and done. There are several games out now dating back to WOZ where proper wireway/ lacing is very important. This is one of them.....(ferrite chokes are sort of hit or miss as they generally help w rejecting noise)

Yes, I've interacted w Spooky (quite a bit) as I went through this...again, not speaking for them, just wanted this lifted so everyone just doesn't pile on, blaming bad parts or something....this works, and hope some find it helpful.....

#4395 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I have the first Michael (closest to the player) permanently exposed ; seemingly after the latest code update . Not sure how to fix; although i may have missed previous posts .describing this.

Definitely the "creepiest" Michael, lol...

#4396 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So...as others have touched on, the simplest way to "break the loop" is to go UNDER the playfield, unlace all the servo wiring (carefully, but quite easy) leaving each 3 wire servo twist in place, hanging. Once accomplished, locate an easy area under the playfield to relace, with each servo trio oriented 90 degrees from each other. The wires are long, and took me about 15 minutes to address once I figured out what was happening.

MK6PIN - Try as I might, I cannot comprehend what you're saying here. Can you dumb it down for me?

#4397 2 years ago

CE number 61 checking in...

Today I had my greatest experience yet with Halloween. Finally got a chance to play 2 games by myself today. Stacking modes and hitting Jack o Lantern multiball with Don't Fear the Reaper for the first time was awesome.

This game is really coming along. I love it.

#4398 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Easy, but just be careful to not cut an actual wire. Secure, and done. There are several games out now dating back to WOZ where proper wireway/ lacing is very important. This is one of them.....(ferrite chokes are sort of hit or miss as they generally help w rejecting noise)

Metallica LE/Prem has a similar issue.. the magnet board locking on due to picking up noise from the wiring loom. Fixed by making a separate harness to connect the signaling wires separately of the main loom.

#4399 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

MK6PIN - Try as I might, I cannot comprehend what you're saying here. Can you dumb it down for me?

Brevity - take your servo wires UNDER the playfield, cut the wire ties that hold them...let them hang....THEN relace (attach) each individually, just not all neat and tidy together. Do one say left to right, then the next front to back (90 degrees), and the third just further down.

I'm nowhere near a machine or wire...working in hospital at my computer(s)....so the best analogy I can show with probably my worst picture taking effort:
all together (current) (resized).jpgall together (current) (resized).jpg

best (resized).jpgbest (resized).jpg

#4400 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Metallica LE/Prem has a similar issue.. the magnet board locking on due to picking up noise from the wiring loom. Fixed by making a separate harness to connect the signaling wires separately of the main loom.

Boom!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
There are 16,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/88?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.