IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 339.
#4251 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Just a thought, can the update process be updated so it isn’t looking for such a particular file name? Then Spooky could upload update files named h78-yy-mm-DD and the updater program can simply use which ever is the newest file on the stick. That way people aren’t mixing up old updates or getting the “(1)”

The flip side of this is that a lot of people don’t delete the old versions and it can be very hard in code to definitively tell what’s the “latest” file on a USB drive. And do you even WANT the latest to install automatically? What if you are trying to downgrade?

Doing it like this prevents people from accidentally bricking their machine, sort of making it harder to update on purpose.

I will say that overwhelmingly the over-the-air update model is vastly superior - Multimorphic introduced this last year, as did JJP (maybe stern too?). If Spooky knew they would be doing such frequent updates I’m sure they would have (or did?) considered adding this capability, but it’s a lot to take on. They ramped up considerably just to get the games out.

#4252 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The flip side of this is that a lot of people don’t delete the old versions and it can be very hard in code to definitively tell what’s the “latest” file on a USB drive. And do you even WANT the latest to install automatically? What if you are trying to downgrade?
Doing it like this prevents people from accidentally bricking their machine, sort of making it harder to update on purpose.
I will say that overwhelmingly the over-the-air update model is vastly superior - Multimorphic introduced this last year, as did JJP (maybe stern too?). If Spooky knew they would be doing such frequent updates I’m sure they would have (or did?) considered adding this capability, but it’s a lot to take on. They ramped up considerably just to get the games out.

That’s why you’d name the code with a time stamp. Then it’s just browsing the directory and looking for the biggest date when listing the files.

Also makes it easier to downgrade by knowing which updates are which instead of all of them being named the same.

#4253 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The .pkg file is all you need on the drive. Just make sure it's named correctly...if you download multiple copies your computer will sometimes add a (1) to the file. The Linux system cannot read parenthesis.

You're in France and you're still checking Pinside right now Go enjoy vacation! Or at least answer in French

#4254 2 years ago

I’m sure that I’ve seen this but don’t have time to go through thread to find it. If this screen is here after update and won’t load game did something go wrong? What do I do from here? Thanks

A5FFABA6-94CA-4A2E-88AD-7FB640BC6324 (resized).jpegA5FFABA6-94CA-4A2E-88AD-7FB640BC6324 (resized).jpeg
#4255 2 years ago

If you go to the game support page on our website there will be restore instructions on there for you. If that doesn't work you can always contact support!

Quoted from PinRush72:

I’m sure that I’ve seen this but don’t have time to go through thread to find it. If this screen is here after update and won’t load game did something go wrong? What do I do from here? Thanks
[quoted image]

#4256 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

You're in France and you're still checking Pinside right now Go enjoy vacation! Or at least answer in French

The TGV is fast but it's still a long way from Nice to Paris. We just passed the Alps. I'm currently eating some fresh olives and working on the next game.

20220314_131126 (resized).jpg20220314_131126 (resized).jpg

PS: Order us some nice chairs from the Deeproot Auction. I'm jealous of their chair game.

#4257 2 years ago

#4258 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I’m running v1.06b code. I noticed there isn’t a skill shot points award graphic anymore? It still awards you the points but doesn’t let you see the value before you plunge. Was this intentional?

I noticed that too. I think just about everybody goes for the secret skill shot, right? The only time I get points for a regular skill shot is by accident, so I never bother selecting one now.

#4259 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I noticed that too. I think just about everybody goes for the secret skill shot, right? The only time I get points for a regular skill shot is by accident, so I never bother selecting one now.

Cool wanted to be sure it wasn’t just
me. I’ve also noticed if I go into menu at any time and get out it starts a game automatically?

#4260 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

They are all 20mmx5mm fuses. For solenoids, you can use 5A slow blows. For the others, the rating is printed on the pinotaur.

Awesome, thank you very much!

#4261 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

PS: Order us some nice chairs from the Deeproot Auction. I'm jealous of their chair game.

Currently, the highest bid item there is our AMH, at $1k. Woot!!! Beating the raza prototype by $200

#4262 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Is Judith Myers the secret one?

#4263 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Currently, the highest bid item there is our AMH, at $1k. Woot!!! Beating the raza prototype by $200

I don't think that will last. I bet there will be a lot of individuals shopping for some Deeproot souvenirs. Own a price of infamy.

#4264 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't think that will last. I bet there will be a lot of individuals shopping for some Deeproot souvenirs. Own a price of infamy.

I dunno. I suspect anyone serious about trying to get those boxes of junk will be waiting until the last second.

Personally, I'm tempted to just go slap a 4k bid on the AMH because we all know it will end up over that anyways. I'd love to have an AMH, but not going to kid myself that this one will be any cheaper than any other one, especially with that 18% buyer's premium.

#4265 2 years ago

It might be neat if the shaker motor was enabled with the three green flashes of Hedge MB. It could softer and increase until the MB (that would be the fourth shake that could last a bit longer).

#4266 2 years ago
Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

Is Judith Myers the secret one?

I select the middle drop for the big points every ball. I half plunge and let it dead flip and control the ball. Line up the middle drop and hit it pretty consistently. 1.5 mil then 3 mil then 4.5 mil. It’s easier then going for the ball lock. And you can enable ball lock by hitting the tombstone shot I think 3 or 4 times anyway. Maybe 5 not sure. Doing very well last night!

#4267 2 years ago

any idea who deeproot contracted out to make their subs? those don't look like bad little wooffers. . .

#4268 2 years ago

Anyone else lose the shot values on skill shot after 1.06b? The shots light but nothing on the screen?

#4269 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Anyone else lose the shot values on skill shot after 1.06b? The shots light but nothing on the screen?

Yes, happening for everyone I believe.

#4270 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I select the middle drop for the big points every ball. I half plunge and let it dead flip and control the ball. Line up the middle drop and hit it pretty consistently. 1.5 mil then 3 mil then 4.5 mil. It’s easier then going for the ball lock. And you can enable ball lock by hitting the tombstone shot I think 3 or 4 times anyway. Maybe 5 not sure. Doing very well last night!

I always select that middle target as well. It would be helpful if you could use the left flipper to quickly switch over to it from the first starting skillshot target (cycle through the targets counter-clockwise). That said, maybe they should randomize the values so that you don't always go for this one. That way if it is the least valued skillshot and you still decide to try to knock it down to get the center shot into the house that would be an extra chance that you would have to take.

#4271 2 years ago

Played a good 2-3 hours on the newest code last night. Hadn't played for a couple of months due to studying for a professional exam. Man, this pin was kicking my butt since I was so out of practice. I steadily was getting the muscle memory for the shots again though. Got Jack O Latern multiball a couple of times. The new code is really improved, as others have said.

I also rebalanced it and adjusted the "House" playfield as per the posted youtube video, and it is shooting a lot better. Might still need some tweaks.

That right orbit is still a bitch, but can hit it sometimes.

I installed the knife shooter rod. Looks great, but a little rough on my hands playing that long. I might round off the edges to make them smooth. Any others think this too, or do I just have delicate baby hands?

#4272 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Played a good 2-3 hours on the newest code last night. Hadn't played for a couple of months due to studying for a professional exam. Man, this pin was kicking my butt since I was so out of practice. I steadily was getting the muscle memory for the shots again though. Got Jack O Latern multiball a couple of times. The new code is really improved, as others have said.
I also rebalanced it and adjusted the "House" playfield as per the posted youtube video, and it is shooting a lot better. Might still need some tweaks.
That right orbit is still a bitch, but can hit it sometimes.
I installed the knife shooter rod. Looks great, but a little rough on my hands playing that long. I might round off the edges to make them smooth. Any others think this too, or do I just have delicate baby hands?

I’ve found spinning it 180 degrees and pulling it back with my thumb and pointer finger help. But yes, it starts to make my hand sore. I considered putting a normal plunger style on it.

#4273 2 years ago

When is Stalker Mode supposed to unlock now? I was somehow able to play it yesterday on ball 2 after only playing, and failing mode 1 on ball 1.

#4274 2 years ago

Had a good game last night spoiled by another unending 1-ball multiball, this time it was Jack-o-Lantern. I played the remaining 1 ball a bit, then finally let it drain to verify no balls were stuck. Nope.. multiball ended, ball ended, game ended. The content is coming along nicely but the glue holding it all together needs attention...

#4275 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Had a good game last night spoiled by another unending 1-ball multiball, this time it was Jack-o-Lantern. I played the remaining 1 ball a bit, then finally let it drain to verify no balls were stuck. Nope.. multiball ended, ball ended, game ended. The content is coming along nicely but the glue holding it all together needs attention...

I've seen this as well during Hedge multiball. drains down to one but the multiball continues on. looked in the trough and saw all the balls except the one in play. I don't know what causes that, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Once that one ball drained, the game knew all the balls were in the trough and it moved on to the next ball. multiball ended.

#4276 2 years ago

I have had a couple of games where I hit the pumpkin scoop during the 're-start hedge multiball' and it doesn't restart the MB. Is anyone else experiencing this?

#4277 2 years ago

Balance just paid for #403 w/ butter to PinballSTAR. Estimated to ship end of April.

#4280 2 years ago

I purchased Halloween CE #439 from jk2171 who purchased it from geekedonpinball

#4282 2 years ago

I'm trying to track down who has #1127, because I want to trade mine for that #. But it is not on the data sheet. Hopefully it pops up before I get mine.

#4283 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

So I had an annoying problem where I could only make the center ramp shot from the left flipper when the diverter was pointed towards the house (right side path). I checked to see if the guide plastics were installed as others had mentioned to me. The guides were there so I figured it had to be the diverter placement. The first photo is where the diverter was set at the factory. The second is where I moved it to. After the fix I can easily make the shot with my right flipper. I doubled my high score the first game after the fix.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How do you move it?

#4284 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

How do you move it?

Undo the two screws on top and pull it straight off. After that, replace it where it should be (it is probably only 1 tooth of the gear off).

#4285 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'm trying to track down who has #1127, because I want to trade mine for that #. But it is not on the data sheet. Hopefully it pops up before I get mine.

623A1355-4F70-4E2B-9B92-625E4095613E (resized).jpeg623A1355-4F70-4E2B-9B92-625E4095613E (resized).jpeg
#4286 2 years ago

Hopefully May for 481

#4288 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'm a friend of Mike's who has 1127. Message me and I'll send you if Pinside name.

#4289 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Balance just paid for #403 w/ butter to PinballSTAR. Estimated to ship end of April.

Interesting …I’m in the high "300"’s direct from Spooky & still haven’t received any payment due or options email yet.

#4290 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I select the middle drop for the big points every ball. I half plunge and let it dead flip and control the ball.

Same. I'm not even good at pinball and the 9mil from skillshots is like half my score in a good game.

#4291 2 years ago

Just received my email for butter-non butter this morning. I am #376 direct. I asked to be pushed back to 900's as I am not ready for mine yet.

#4292 2 years ago

Got butterbox email for #364 an hour ago from Spooky. Goin’ butter.

#4293 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Just received my email for butter-non butter this morning. I am #376 direct. I asked to be pushed back to 900's as I am not ready for mine yet.

I am 853 with nitro if you’d be interested in switching

#4295 2 years ago

Is the multiball insert fixed?

#4296 2 years ago

I took over #209 through Pinballstar (butter cab)

#4297 2 years ago

#382 Butter/ No Butter Email today!

#4298 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Yep

#4299 2 years ago

Anyone want to take a guess to when #750/770 will be built? Then we have to wait for shipping to the UK, not sure how long that takes.
It was going to be May from the figures at the start but can’t see that happening, not in a hurry but looking like it’s getting pretty good.

#4300 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I am #251 and the insert IS NOT fixed, though according to posts here in this thread my machine was built well after the fix was announced. A friend of mine with a lower-numbered machine has the fixed insert.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
There are 16,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/86?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.