Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 340.
#4201 2 years ago

Haha mine is going on location as well, i just think he may have enjoyed it more without distractions from friends and the 140 other pins. Sounds like he and his non pinball freind played one two player game, got confused and just bailed on it.

Quoted from Porkfritter:

CE #14 and our location would like to have a word with you sir. . . and the first few games are on me to show you we are doing her justice!
but I know what you are getting to!

#4202 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ok - I’m going to teach you an old furniture factory trick. I’ve used it on Stern cabinets too. I can do it solo but best you get two guys.
Cabinets will often go out of square. That’s why your drawers sometimes catch on one side. Or your sofa is twisted a little bit. A bit of force applied in the correct direction will square them up.
Work out which side the glass is further forward on. We know the glass is cut square (check it with a square to check, but it should be) so the cabinet needs to be squared a little to match.
Remove the glass. Maybe put the playfield up on the service rails.
Get one guy on each side of the cabinet, at the front corner.
Each guy grabs a side of the cabinet.
GUY ONE: hold your side steady. Put your knee against the front of the cabinet.
GUY TWO: Pull the side of the cabinet where the glass was forward on FORWARDS. You’re bringing the cabinet forward to match the glass.
Go with a little force first. Sometimes it only needs a little. Sometimes it needs more.
What you’re doing is squaring up the cabinet to match the glass. Glass is square - now cabinet is square.
Have fun.
rd

Spot on!!...I've had to square 2 of mine (by myself) that way....got the game close to a wall so I didn't kill my back (leaning into the wall, lifting a corner to tweak the cab, then checking fit). Worked like a charm...

#4203 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I've got to get my audio levels right. On one or 2 things that "Loomis" says, it is way over bass'ed. Most of it then is ok, then, the music on attract mode/flipper press, is completely inaudible.
Any tips on what you folks have it set, on? Amp and main volume, that is.

I'd love to know what owners are setting their preamp to. I do think that some of those call outs might just be too muddied with low end. Seems odd for sure.

#4204 2 years ago

Unless I’m blind I don’t see any of the new animations that spooky showed in the stream for 1.06..?

#4205 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Unless I’m blind I don’t see any of the new animations that spooky showed in the stream for 1.06..?

I’ve seen them. The patients wondering around specifically.

#4206 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I’ve seen them. The patients wondering around specifically.

I have seen a few as well.

I am not sure if there is a submission list for requests but I hope that they add the extra second or two to the hedge clip. It cuts off the "look where?" To "look wh". Hopefully those little polishes happen although these can be done at the end.

#4207 2 years ago

The animation with Michael as a kid slashing - haven’t seen that one. Is it in there?

#4208 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The animation with Michael as a kid slashing - haven’t seen that one. Is it in there?

Sorry, I might have misread that. Is he actually slashing something? If so then no, I haven't see that yet so it likely is new. If it was just him standing there with the knife then yes, that was in 1.05, maybe earlier as well.

Update:
I see what you mean. The clips where you are looking through the mask as Michael and he's slashing. It is in here and I believe that it happens when you shoot into the Judith Myers shot on the far right. I am just trying to determine if I have 'started' anything for it to happen.

#4209 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Sorry, I might have misread that. Is he actually slashing something? If so then no, I haven't see that yet so it likely is new. If it was just him standing there with the knife then yes, that was in 1.05, maybe earlier as well.
Update:
I see what you mean. The clips where you are looking through the mask as Michael and he's slashing. It is in here and I believe that it happens when you shoot into the Judith Myers shot on the far right. I am just trying to determine if I have 'started' anything for it to happen.

I’ll need to revisit the video of the new code being streamed but I think he was standing there on the side - don’t recall exactly but I’m not referring to the video clip. This was a custom animation. If that’s in there where is it?

I’m thoroughly enjoying this game btw. Each code updates it just gets better. Love this game

#4210 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Only seen in Judith Meyers where they pull his mask off.....definitely would like some of his younger slashes in there...( haven't been all the way through though, so maybe..)

#4211 2 years ago

Hey guys, just letting y'all know there is a 1.06B update uploaded to the website for Halloween with some bug fixes. Thought I posted this yesterday but I guess it didn't send. Enjoy!

#4212 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Hey guys, just letting y'all know there is a 1.06B update uploaded to the website for Halloween with some bug fixes. Thought I posted this yesterday but I guess it didn't send. Enjoy!

Sweet! And just to confirm with the last update it made it so I can't brick my machine right? Lol cause I'm gonna try on my Mac first and see if it works

#4213 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Hey Bug, is something up w production? Seems like no one has been invoiced, or posted about it at least, in almost a month. Thanks!

#4214 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Smooth and easy update. Sort of like the HS reset...let's me pretend I'm playing better...putting initials back up, lol

#4215 2 years ago

Petition to change the name of “Jackolantern multiball” to something cool like “Reaper Multiball”….add an animation of Laurie and her friend driving the car around smoking a joint would be cool too. I feel like these changes would help make the song and mode feel congruent and will help break things up by making you feel like you’ve earned entry into a vastly different portion of the game. Will make a huge difference to have moments in the game that are not completely drenched in dread. The film works because it takes you in and out of those moments. The pin could do the same with great success. Still would love to see a “Midnight Stabness” mode too that only happens if you are playing at exactly midnight.

#4216 2 years ago

Just updated to 1.06B and WOW The right lifter is FAST NOW

#4217 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Petition to change the name of “Jackolantern multiball” to something cool like “Reaper Multiball”….add an animation of Laurie and her friend driving the car around smoking a joint would be cool too. I feel like these changes would help make the song and mode feel congruent and will help break things up by making you feel like you’ve earned entry into a vastly different portion of the game. Will make a huge difference to have moments in the game that are not completely drenched in dread. The film works because it takes you in and out of those moments. The pin could do the same with great success. Still would love to see a “Midnight Stabness” mode too that only happens if you are playing at exactly midnight.

The intro and sound when the pumpkin shows is awesome in my opinion.

#4218 2 years ago

An oddity I noticed on 1.06 and 1.06b is when selecting some of the modes it quick triggers two right flipper flips. The first few times I thought I had inadvertently pressed the button, but now confirmed it is indeed flipping itself without a button press.

Was anyone else getting that behavior?

#4219 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

An oddity I noticed on 1.06 and 1.06b is when selecting some of the modes it quick triggers two right flipper flips. The first few times I thought I had inadvertently pressed the button, but now confirmed it is indeed flipping itself without a button press.

This is intentional. It’s intended to warn new players that the ball will exit from the right inlane.

SpookyBug Bug with 1.06b. Extra ball from two modes complete. Started Hedge Multiba and the mode kept spitting out extra balls with unlimited ball saver. I spent a few minutes in multiball and finally it stopped spitting out extra balls.

#4220 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Thought the same, then SookyLuke said it was intentional ( think TSPP, JJPPOTC, etc.) as a visual clue.

#4221 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

Hey Bug, is something up w production? Seems like no one has been invoiced, or posted about it at least, in almost a month. Thanks!

Yeah I am wondering that myself. Seem there is a big slow down.

#4222 2 years ago

#414 options email went out on 3/9.

#4223 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

I'm 364... and haven't heard anything at all. .

Quoted from Mjlanham16:

I’m #365 and also haven’t heard anything.

Quoted from Morgoth00:

#414 invoice went out on 3/9.

Must be a big run for distros?

#4224 2 years ago

340 to 345 all received their pins in the last week or so

#4225 2 years ago

I'm #379 and didn't hear anything yet, but it's totally meaningless because all the orders for Oz will be sent together. I wonder how much longer we will have to wait until the Aussie shipment is sent? Understandably, Spooky can't give us a date yet.

Sometimes living in this part of the world has it's drawbacks (although there's plenty of plus points too).

#4226 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm #379 and didn't hear anything yet, but it's totally meaningless because all the orders for Oz will be sent together. I wonder how much longer we will have to wait until the Aussie shipment is sent? Understandably, Spooky can't give us a date yet.
Sometimes living in this part of the world has it's drawbacks (although there's plenty of plus points too).

Plus points… It’s beautiful! Drawbacks… every bug can potentially kill you..

#4227 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

#414 options email went out on 3/9.

Where did you preorder? I am #481 and went through Nitro.

#4228 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Plus points… It’s beautiful! Drawbacks… every bug can potentially kill you..

Not forgetting crocs, sharks... Hell even the Kangaroos can mess you up on a bad day.

#4229 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Not forgetting crocs, sharks... Hell even the Kangaroos can mess you up on a bad day.

That’s nothing, you need to meet the women of Wales in the UK

#4230 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

That’s nothing, you need to meet the women of Wales in the UK

Im originally from Gloucester mate - so I know all about those predators too, we were dangerously close to the Welsh border.

#4231 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Im originally from Gloucester mate - so I know all about those predators too, we were dangerously close to the Welsh border.

Ha ha, I moved here from London about 20 years ago and realised pretty quick lol

#4232 2 years ago

Anyone have any tips for messing with the inlane lifter flaps? Mine will occasionally stay open about 1/8"-1/4" which is causing ball hangups. The flaps aren't caught on anything, it seems they develop some sort of spring flex that keeps them up (they become slightly convex)? I've reset them by loosening the posts centering the flap, and then retighten the posts to the PF trying not to impart even a subtle twist to the flap. Even after the "reset", it still happens occasionally. Has anyone gone through this yet?

EDIT: For future owners searching, my best results have been tightening the star post, but leaving the second metal post a little loose. So far this has resulted in much less hangups!

#4233 2 years ago

Moved the Topper Knife out for a much better effect!
Super easy.
Also added some painters tape to not let it scratch the cabinet didn’t want to use Mylar may peel the paint off if ever removed.
Here’s a video I took.

2FE133DE-B975-4689-B2FB-97B00AA08DE4 (resized).jpeg2FE133DE-B975-4689-B2FB-97B00AA08DE4 (resized).jpeg9107B1D3-9574-4307-8F35-21921558F54F (resized).jpeg9107B1D3-9574-4307-8F35-21921558F54F (resized).jpeg
#4234 2 years ago

I couldn’t stay away….
Deactivated my account 2 years ago and returned so I could participate in this topic.

Received CE #298 NiB as part of a trade with the intention of not keeping it. Not anymore. It’s now labeled as “Not for sale”.

My son was luke warm to it at first and now we’re both totally digging it.

It just keeps getting better with each code update.

391E4D7E-CE7C-4186-BF09-4D0FA16B1931 (resized).jpeg391E4D7E-CE7C-4186-BF09-4D0FA16B1931 (resized).jpeg
#4235 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Moved the Topper Knife out for a much better effect!
Super easy.
Also added some painters tape to not let it scratch the cabinet didn’t want to use Mylar may peel the paint off if ever removed.
Here’s a video I took.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Does it make much noise when the knife hits the back box? That does look much better.

#4236 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Does it make much noise when the knife hits the back box? That does look much better.

Zero noise!
The point of the knife rest ontop of the cabinet.
Just lightly rubs across the area I have the tape.
Doubt it will ever wear through the tape.

#4237 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Zero noise!
The point of the knife rest ontop of the cabinet.
Just lightly rubs across the area I have the tape.
Doubt it will ever wear through the tape.

Awesome’ thank you for the reply and posting it. Looks awesome. Great idea.

#4238 2 years ago

Could someone please tell me what type of fuses go on the board? A couple of mine have blown but I cannot find a manual for a part number. If anyone knows where I can get them I would greatly appreciate a link.

#4239 2 years ago

Pop one out and look at it.

Quoted from DrainoCity:

Could someone please tell me what type of fuses go on the board? A couple of mine have blown but I cannot find a manual for a part number. If anyone knows where I can get them I would greatly appreciate a link.

#4240 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Must be a big run for distros?

364 and 365 are directly from Spooky. I’d assume the other is through a distributor and they are getting their ducks in a row. Make sure they are paid up further in advance and know butter/no butter etc…
Just guessing

#4241 2 years ago

Lovin' the new code. Jack-O-Lantern MB is awesome. The code is coming together nicely. This game creates so much atmosphere that it draws you in.
Now if I could only hit that right orbit every shot.

#4242 2 years ago

I’m running v1.06b code. I noticed there isn’t a skill shot points award graphic anymore? It still awards you the points but doesn’t let you see the value before you plunge. Was this intentional?

#4243 2 years ago

In the new code I'm always hearing "10 seconds!!" but have no idea what he's referring to?

#4244 2 years ago

Has anyone heard back from tech support? Been ghost mo

Quoted from adamross:

In the new code I'm always hearing "10 seconds!!" but have no idea what he's referring to?

Blood drops time out I believe is what your talking about

#4245 2 years ago
Quoted from DrainoCity:

They are all 20mmx5mm fuses. For solenoids, you can use 5A slow blows. For the others, the rating is printed on the pinotaur.

#4246 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Has anyone heard back from tech support? Been ghost mo

Shoot us a reminder email! Just for those unaware, the tech guy (well, the entire office) is only available mon-thurs. He typically responds same-day though.

#4247 2 years ago

Dumb question. Trying to update to 1.06b, never had chance to do 1.06a yet but every time I try to upzip or unpack h78 it gives me an error and i can't do it. Do i just put the H78 unpacked directly on the drive? Thanks for any help.

#4248 2 years ago

The .pkg file is all you need on the drive. Just make sure it's named correctly...if you download multiple copies your computer will sometimes add a (1) to the file. The Linux system cannot read parenthesis.

#4249 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The .pkg file is all you need on the drive. Just make sure it's named correctly...if you download multiple copies your computer will sometimes add a (1) to the file. The Linux system cannot read parenthesis.

I renamed it properly. Thanks!

#4250 2 years ago

Just a thought, can the update process be updated so it isn’t looking for such a particular file name? Then Spooky could upload update files named h78-yy-mm-DD and the updater program can simply use which ever is the newest file on the stick. That way people aren’t mixing up old updates or getting the “(1)”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
There are 16,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/85?hl=morgoth00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.