Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,947 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 339.
#4151 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Ok mine was exactly the same as the factory mylar had ripped as well. And I did exactly what you suggested and I'm making 99% of shots from both flippers now. This should be a key post moderators as this will help every halloween owner.

I added 2 more pieces of Mylar to mine last night. It definitely helped. Are you guys removing the cliffy to adjust it?

#4152 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I added 2 more pieces of Mylar to mine last night. It definitely helped. Are you guys removing the cliffy to adjust it?

No just putting it on top. And bending the top flap down.

#4153 2 years ago

Cool, thanks!

#4154 2 years ago

Any pics of what you guys are doing?

#4155 2 years ago

That top flap is the most important part of making the pumpkin scoop shots more consistent. If it isn't angled down enough it will cause a lot of rejects. Just bend it down a little, test, and repeat if necessary.

#4156 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

That top flap is the most important part of making the pumpkin scoop shots more consistent. If it isn't angled down enough it will cause a lot of rejects. Just bend it down a little, test, and repeat if necessary.

To clarify, this thing (flap/deflector) is what we are talking about. I had to bend mine down farther than what is shown in this picture after I cleaned and waxed my playfield because it was playing really, really fast and shots to the scoop weren't easy anymore.

flap (resized).jpgflap (resized).jpg
#4157 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

I'm 364 and ordered direct from Spooky and haven't heard anything at all. Some later that bought from distributors got butter box emails.

I’m #365 and also haven’t heard anything. Plan to go butter, so guessing that is going to add an extra 2-4 weeks for delivery

#4158 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Enjoying the game so far. It is a very non-conventional layout and takes a lot of “learning” to get used to ball returns, paths, timing etc. It’s a great change from the Ritchie or Borg layouts I’ve mostly been playing. I can see this being a very tough/bad location game for players who don’t want to spend their coin drop figuring it out, which is exactly how I felt about WOZ. Gameplay is fun and 1.06 feels like a “complete” game. The upper pfs are interesting and have good balance of novelty without getting into gimmick territory. Modes are cool and feel a lot more than just “hit the flashing shots”.
I do have some build complaints. My pf glass is nowhere near square which makes one side longer than the other (trapezoid?). I normally wouldn’t care, but it makes installing the lock bar almost impossible. I spent several minutes trying to bend a strip on the bar to accommodate, but it’s still very tight and can still take a few minutes of fiddling to get on. Hopefully I don’t need to take remove the glass often. Also the knife toy is a on the flimsy side and wobbles as you play.
All in all it’s a fun game and definitely a winner. I am super jealous of anyone who picked up a discounted preorder off the pinside marketplace when buyers panicked!

I had the same issue on my RM. What some others found out and worked for me from the RM thread is when you put the glass in and its not flush or going in all the way stand at the back right or back left of the game (whichever side seems to not be flush) and lift up the game a tad with one arm as you slide the glass in with the other, kinda like you are hugging the game with your face near one of the speakers if that makes sense. Once i did that it slides right in and lockbar goes down easy. No idea if that will help with yours but worth a try.

#4159 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjlanham16:

I’m #365 and also haven’t heard anything. Plan to go butter, so guessing that is going to add an extra 2-4 weeks for delivery

Same

#4160 2 years ago

Random question: Can anyone post a picture or tell me what the small sign on the fence says?

#4161 2 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Random question: Can anyone post a picture or tell me what the small sign on the fence says?

I believe. Smiths Grove Sanitarium
Warren County.
I’m not at home to look though.

#4162 2 years ago
Screenshot_20220311-134731_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220311-134731_Gallery (resized).jpg
#4163 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

My pf glass is nowhere near square which makes one side longer than the other (trapezoid?). I normally wouldn’t care, but it makes installing the lock bar almost impossible.

Ok - I’m going to teach you an old furniture factory trick. I’ve used it on Stern cabinets too. I can do it solo but best you get two guys.

Cabinets will often go out of square. That’s why your drawers sometimes catch on one side. Or your sofa is twisted a little bit. A bit of force applied in the correct direction will square them up.

Work out which side the glass is further forward on. We know the glass is cut square (check it with a square to check, but it should be) so the cabinet needs to be squared a little to match.

Remove the glass. Maybe put the playfield up on the service rails.

Get one guy on each side of the cabinet, at the front corner.

Each guy grabs a side of the cabinet.

GUY ONE: hold your side steady. Put your knee against the front of the cabinet.

GUY TWO: Pull the side of the cabinet where the glass was forward on FORWARDS. You’re bringing the cabinet forward to match the glass.

Go with a little force first. Sometimes it only needs a little. Sometimes it needs more.

What you’re doing is squaring up the cabinet to match the glass. Glass is square - now cabinet is square.

Have fun.

rd

#4164 2 years ago

Question for anyone that knows about addressable LED strips. I’ve added under cabinet LED strips to all my spooky games by hooking them directly to the speaker lights. However, Halloween has addressable LED strips. How would one go about hooking up under cabinet LEDs to Halloween?

#4165 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

To clarify, this thing (flap/deflector) is what we are talking about. I had to bend mine down farther than what is shown in this picture after I cleaned and waxed my playfield because it was playing really, really fast and shots to the scoop weren't easy anymore.

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean originally used a saucer deflector like that, but so many people were experiencing rejects that they switched deflectors mid-production. The new flap had a couple of bends in it to give it a more curved shape. Maybe the deflector could be replaced with an off the shelf part? Something closer to this...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8250-04

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg
#4166 2 years ago

TPN took a sizable dump on HWN, yikes. I will say that it didn’t seem like he knew the rules or understood the shots, was confused by it and then just wrote it off entirely. I wish people would hold off critism until they at least put a bit of time in to understand the game. Puts me in mind of reactions to TSPP…the only people who hate just don’t get it. They never bothered to scratch the surface. Oh well.

#4167 2 years ago

Okay that target fix was easy I don't know why I was so scared to do it. Switched out the springs while I was at it

#4168 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

TPN took a sizable dump on HWN, yikes. I will say that it didn’t seem like he knew the rules or understood the shots, was confused by it and then just wrote it off entirely. I wish people would hold off critism until they at least put a bit of time in to understand the game. Puts me in mind of reactions to TSPP…the only people who hate just don’t get it. They never bothered to scratch the surface. Oh well.

With 1.06 I think that it is coming along beautifully so I agree, people should wait it out but they must have money to burn. Good for the buyer though.

#4169 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Curious where you heard or read that? Totally believe you just would like to listen/read etc. I listen to a lot of TPN podcasts but not all. Thanks!!

#4170 2 years ago

He played it on location, that’s the other thing

Quoted from dnaman:

With 1.06 I think that it is coming along beautifully so I agree, people should wait it out but they must have money to burn. Good for the buyer though.

#4171 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

After listening to their grossly inaccurate comments I said something back in their TPN thread... It's just ridiculous to me you'd blame the manufacturer/game for your own incompetence. The things they said about the gameplay were just baffling. Almost as if they had some kind of agenda before they even played it.

I feel sorry for Spooky, constantly having to deal with this shit.

Jeff

#4172 2 years ago

Most recent episode. From Wednesday I believe

Quoted from blastbeat:

Curious where you heard or read that? Totally believe you just would like to listen/read etc. I listen to a lot of TPN podcasts but not all. Thanks!!

#4173 2 years ago

Deleted
Jeff

#4174 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It's the "RUSH" episode. I don't listen to this podcast often, but this particular review came off as pretty ignorant.

#4175 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

After listening to their grossly inaccurate comments I said something back in their TPN thread... It's just ridiculous to me you'd blame the manufacturer/game for your own incompetence. The things they said about the gameplay were just baffling. Almost as if they had some kind of agenda before they even played it.
I feel sorry for Spooky, constantly having to deal with this shit.
Jeff

Seems like some veteran pinball players have a hard time rewiring their brain...They complained about the way getting up to second playfield and the ball not coming out of the scoop it was shot into. I have rewired my brain to play with the elevators and game keeps getting better and better..The center shop complaint is operator error. I never have problems shooting the center ramp.

#4176 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It's the "RUSH" episode. I don't listen to this podcast often, but this particular review came off as pretty ignorant.

When they were talking aboot how good Rush was? Seemed ill informed to me as well

#4177 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Like Kaneda with JJP POTC. Painful.

#4178 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

When they were talking aboot how good Rush was? Seemed ill informed to me as well

To be clear, I meant specifically the Halloween segment lol

#4179 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

To be clear, I meant specifically the Halloween segment lol

I think it seemed to be angled a lot at poor communication to the player and a wide section of it to newbs; which can be fair.
Hebrelates it to GNR which I agree with is a total mess walking up to it

#4180 2 years ago

So change out my first drop target looked like I did everything right but it's not registering when it's going down. I emailed spooky support but hoping I can get a faster response here lol

#4181 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

So change out my first drop target looked like I did everything right but it's not registering when it's going down. I emailed spooky support but hoping I can get a faster response here lol

Drop target goes down and activates a switch. Don;t have it so don;t know if it's an opto of physical switch, but get in there and look to see what it does when it's dropped, and what it's not doing that the others are.

#4182 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Drop target goes down and activates a switch. Don;t have it so don;t know if it's an opto of physical switch, but get in there and look to see what it does when it's dropped, and what it's not doing that the others are.

So when I took the old one out there was a tab and the back that was painted black so I used a black marker and did the same thing to the new one. Do you think it's not dark Enough to hit the sensor?

#4183 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

So when I took the old one out there was a tab and the back that was painted black so I used a black marker and did the same thing to the new one. Do you think it's not dark Enough to hit the sensor?

Huh...could be.
Make sure to check it's the same length and everything and should be breaking the opto. Also test the opto it's and make sure it's working.

#4184 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Huh...could be.
Make sure to check it's the same length and everything and should be breaking the opto. Also test the opto it's and make sure it's working.

Yea exact match. It's popping back up when it needs to I just don't know what else to cover the piece up with other than marker

#4185 2 years ago

When I do a switch test it doesn't recognize when it that one goes down

#4186 2 years ago

What aboot with your finger?

#4187 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What aboot with your finger?

I can't really hit it with my finger. I took the board off and it looks like there is black tickers on the other ones.

PXL_20220311_235456146 (resized).jpgPXL_20220311_235456146 (resized).jpg
#4188 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ok - I’m going to teach you an old furniture factory trick. I’ve used it on Stern cabinets too. I can do it solo but best you get two guys.
Cabinets will often go out of square. That’s why your drawers sometimes catch on one side. Or your sofa is twisted a little bit. A bit of force applied in the correct direction will square them up.
Work out which side the glass is further forward on. We know the glass is cut square (check it with a square to check, but it should be) so the cabinet needs to be squared a little to match.
Remove the glass. Maybe put the playfield up on the service rails.
Get one guy on each side of the cabinet, at the front corner.
Each guy grabs a side of the cabinet.
GUY ONE: hold your side steady. Put your knee against the front of the cabinet.
GUY TWO: Pull the side of the cabinet where the glass was forward on FORWARDS. You’re bringing the cabinet forward to match the glass.
Go with a little force first. Sometimes it only needs a little. Sometimes it needs more.
What you’re doing is squaring up the cabinet to match the glass. Glass is square - now cabinet is square.
Have fun.
rd

Interesting, I'll try it out tonight. Once squared up, does it stay square?

#4189 2 years ago

Alright so I found a sticker and used that and it's working now lol

PXL_20220312_000320978 (resized).jpgPXL_20220312_000320978 (resized).jpg
#4190 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean originally used a saucer deflector like that, but so many people were experiencing rejects that they switched deflectors mid-production. The new flap had a couple of bends in it to give it a more curved shape. Maybe the deflector could be replaced with an off the shelf part? Something closer to this...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8250-04
[quoted image]

Hard to say without actually testing it, but the stock one seems to be ok with a little adjustment.

#4191 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Alright so I found a sticker and used that and it's working now lol
[quoted image]

Nice work!

#4192 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Interesting, I'll try it out tonight. Once squared up, does it stay square?

Of course.

Unless someone drops it or flexes it out of square.

rd

#4193 2 years ago

Spent some time in the pumpkin area....biggest immediate win for a solid shot is removing the mylar from the protector (leave on the PF).....did some slow mo, and the added height lauches the ball up hitting the deflector high, causing a lot of the rejections. Such an amazing game...been playing the crap out of it!!! Huge thanks to Spooky for bringing this thing to life!!!

#4194 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm for sure how to get don't fear the reaper? I got it first game after updating, but not since. I have completed death in the driver's seat. And played 3+ modes, but still can't figure it out.

#4195 2 years ago

It ain’t pretty but it wasn’t meant to be a permanent repair. I slapped a thick piece of Mylar over the “cliffy” and the playfield, I left the factory Mylar on.

Been this way for at least a couple months and it’s holding up way better than expected but I expect it to fail in time. The real issue is the hole protector bending up over time. The best solution (I’m no engineer) in my opinion is perhaps a wider “cliffy”.

CEB8D135-0D1D-41A9-96F1-86B1C1458C77 (resized).jpegCEB8D135-0D1D-41A9-96F1-86B1C1458C77 (resized).jpeg

#4196 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

2 month late opnion. . . . on a game that seems like it had not been properly tuned or updated on code. . .

Sorry, Travis comes across as completely clueless here when he plugs some of the trash Stern puts out on early code. . . I'd appreciate if he was going to bash a game to this point he would do the proper research on the rules, code updates, and such as he would on the equivalent Stern. I can assure you he would have done more due diligence for a machine his sponsor was selling high numbers of. .

Quoted from TheLaw:

this is what you get when you are sponsered by a guy who sells the game... these guys lost me at LZ being great and the LE version looking awesome. . .

#4197 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Can anyone confirm for sure how to get don't fear the reaper? I got it first game after updating, but not since. I have completed death in the driver's seat. And played 3+ modes, but still can't figure it out.

Pretty sure it’s complete a lower tier mode and stalker mode once it unlocks. I completed counting bodies and visited stalker mode and “died”. After knocking the 3 drops it lights the pumpkin red instead of pink. Someone back me up on this?

#4198 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thanks. I listened to that episode (most of it didn't finish yet) but either didn't get to that yet or just missed that part due to one of 1000 questions from 3 kids lol. Can't believe they weren't happy to listed to pinball talk...

#4199 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

CE #14 and our location would like to have a word with you sir. . . and the first few games are on me to show you we are doing her justice!

but I know what you are getting to!

#4200 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I usually start don’t fear the reaper after I’ve visited 3 pumpkin modes and hit the pumpkin on the 4th mode

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,947 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/84?hl=morgoth00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.