20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 339.
#4101 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it isn't getting hit by a ball so I can't imagine any damage happening to anything.

I could see it possibly chipping the playfield with an unlucky ball strike since the drop target is no longer there for the ball to roll over.

#4102 2 years ago

Possible bug. Or intentional. When starting modes two and three the right flipper fires twice on its own. Haven't noticed the other modes doing it yet

#4103 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Possible bug. Or intentional. When starting modes two and three the right flipper fires twice on its own. Haven't noticed the other modes doing it yet

I was told it’s to alert you a ball is about to roll out …. Pretty cool really

#4104 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I was told it’s to alert you a ball is about to roll out …. Pretty cool really

No it happens before this cutscene for the mode even starts.

#4105 2 years ago

I've got to get my audio levels right. On one or 2 things that "Loomis" says, it is way over bass'ed. Most of it then is ok, then, the music on attract mode/flipper press, is completely inaudible.

Any tips on what you folks have it set, on? Amp and main volume, that is.

#4106 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

That may be. But it seems like it's too early

Code Readme said- UPDATE mode selecting will phantom flip the lower right flipper before ejecting.

#4107 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Code Readme said- UPDATE mode selecting will phantom flip the lower right flipper before ejecting.

It happens right before the cut scene on those two modes just a bug I'm sure. Ball's not coming out for 5ish seconds at that point until the first cutscene quits. Or if you hit both flippers.

On that note I hit the new pumpkin mode a couple times tonight with Don't fear The reaper. Awesome!

#4108 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I could see it possibly chipping the playfield with an unlucky ball strike since the drop target is no longer there for the ball to roll over.

Time to test the best PFs in the biz!

#4109 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

well...close enough

If I said something incorrect, then just say so, and explain, so that I know better. I know PLASTIC generally isn't described with the Mohs scale, but in the interest of 'Keep it Simple, Stupid' it's a frame of reference that most people will understand without getting into overly complicated shit. =Þ

#4110 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If I said something incorrect, then just say so, and explain, so that I know better.

I assumed you already knewm Steel and Plastic aren't on that scale. But we all understood what you meant.

#4111 2 years ago

My game still won't play. I tried to reload 1.05, wouldn't take. Followed instructions still no. I emailed in and called spooky tech support on Monday. Whoever answers the phone at tech was very short and just kept saying I needed to email the software developer, I tried to explain I had already done that , but it sounded like they just wanted to get me off the phone. So zero star review for you on that. I asked tech to call me back so I could speak to them, and they texted me to contact the developer Instead. I emailed back and forth with software all day Tuesday, downloaded new link they sent., Still didn't work. Sent all my file info etc, he said it looks like my windows 7 doesn't format or load their files. He said they would look more into it and mail me a USB to load If they can't work it out. I've asked multiple times why this game just didn't have wifi added and nobody can give a good answer.

IMG_20220308_081905 (resized).jpgIMG_20220308_081905 (resized).jpgIMG_20220308_082021 (resized).jpgIMG_20220308_082021 (resized).jpg
#4112 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

My game still won't play. I tried to reload 1.05, wouldn't take. Followed instructions still no. I emailed in and called spooky tech support on Monday. Whoever answers the phone at tech was very short and just kept saying I needed to email the software developer, I tried to explain I had already done that , but it sounded like they just wanted to get me off the phone. So zero star review for you on that. I asked tech to call me back so I could speak to them, and they texted me to contact the developer Instead. I emailed back and forth with software all day Tuesday, downloaded new link they sent., Still didn't work. Sent all my file info etc, he said it looks like my windows 7 doesn't format or load their files. He said they would look more into it and mail me a USB to load If they can't work it out. I've asked multiple times why this game just didn't have wifi added and nobody can give a good answer.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Windows 7 went end of life January 2020. Free upgrade to 10. I wouldn't touch a windows 7 computer with a 10 foot pole today.

#4113 2 years ago

Windows 7 is excellent.

I use it still in my CAD/CAM manufacturing center. So what? Shouldn't be an issue.

Many businesses still use it.

#4114 2 years ago

Turn Off your antivirus before downloading the update and placing it on usb

#4115 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

windows 7 doesn't format or load their files.

Windows 7 has known issues with formatting files.

I think it was Stern who had that in their code release notes?

Hopefully you know someone with W10 and you can get it on the USB.

rd

#4116 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

I understand you're frustrated but the person answering the phone wouldn't be able to help you anyway, that's why they were telling you to email the right person. The biggest pinball manufacturer in the world just added wifi only a few games ago so to hold a boutique company to the same standard is not realistic. I'm guessing they weren't expecting someone to still be using windows 7 so at least you have that on their radar for future install issues.

#4117 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Windows 7 has known issues with formatting files.
I think it was Stern who had that in their code release notes?
Hopefully you know someone with W10 and you can get it on the USB.
rd

I've updated all my non wifi sterns with no problem. I don't have any use to upgrade windows, I only use a computer maybe one time a month

#4118 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

I apologize if any of our staff were short with you. Based on what's shown above it looks like there is an issue with your USB drive. Either a bad drive or not FAT32. That's the issue with Windows 7; it doesn't really support FAT32. If you want to try another drive, I do think that might make a difference otherwise we will send you the most updated code preloaded on known working drive. The short answer to why we do not have WiFi enabled games is that we do not currently have the backend infrastructure in place.

PS: I have two computers in my house running XP, so I'm never one to criticize using dated software. As long as I prevent them from ever seeing the internet they run perfectly.

#4119 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Windows 7 is excellent.
I use it still in my CAD/CAM manufacturing center. So what? Shouldn't be an issue.
Many businesses still use it.

Companies can pay for extended windows 7 support. This is the last year they can do that.

Regular users on the internet with windows 7. Are asking for it.

#4120 2 years ago

#4121 2 years ago

At least he wasn’t using Vista

#4122 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Based on what you've posted to date you it would appear either you have a bad flash drive, improperly formatted flash drive, a bad download, or a combination fo the three. You're going to need access to a Windows 10 machine (not Windows 7) to correct an improperly formatted flash drive, but I'd also grab a different flash drive as well that's no larger than 32GB. If you do not have access to either of those things then I'd ask Spooky if they'd be willing to send you a flash drive with 1.06 on it (the full image is ready now) so you can update. But honestly, they're not required to do that but I think they would if you asked nicely and I certainly wouldn't put Spooky at fault if they declined.

The game isn't getting wifi anytime soon so I'd let that one go, it's just not happening. Speaking only for myself, over half of my collection could do wifi but I don't have it enabled, or aren't buying the extra hardware to make it happen because I don't want my machines on the internet. I got enough shit in my home network as it is. Now that's not to say that you're wrong for wanting that feature, I'm just using my situation to illustrate that it's not an important thing for everyone.

Jeff

#4123 2 years ago

How do you tell your build date? My SN is HAL071210242 but I don't see a build date. I know it was ~ late January 2022.

#4124 2 years ago

Enjoying my CE so far, despite a flaky shooter switch that is causing an auto launch issue on every ball. Thinking I'm going to bite the bullet and buy the MRS shooter switch to get past the issue.

Can anyone tell me exactly how the skillshot is supposed to work? I am seeing that it is selectable by the right flipper. Other times, I see that it is only the drop target bank and it is NOT selectable by the right flipper. Is this normal behavior by the game?

Also, had a definite bug happen with 1.06 where I was running Bob & Lynda's Demise, and another mode at the same time. I then got to the Asylum playfield and started Sanitarium MB and the game just rebooted. Anyone see this?

#4125 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Enjoying my CE so far, despite a flaky shooter switch that is causing an auto launch issue on every ball. Thinking I'm going to bite the bullet and buy the MRS shooter switch to get past the issue.
Can anyone tell me exactly how the skillshot is supposed to work? I am seeing that it is selectable by the right flipper. Other times, I see that it is only the drop target bank and it is NOT selectable by the right flipper. Is this normal behavior by the game?
Also, had a definite bug happen with 1.06 where I was running Bob & Lynda's Demise, and another mode at the same time. I then got to the Asylum playfield and started Sanitarium MB and the game just rebooted. Anyone see this?

The switch isn't flaky, you just need to adjust it correctly. That's why your skill shot is sometimes selectable and sometimes not. If it's not detecting a ball in the lane you won't be able to select your skill shot, nor will the auto-launch work correctly. Adjust the switch accordingly and you'll be fine.

Jeff

#4126 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

The switch isn't flaky, you just need to adjust it correctly. That's why your skill shot is sometimes selectable and sometimes not. If it's not detecting a ball in the lane you won't be able to select your skill shot, nor will the auto-launch work correctly. Adjust the switch accordingly and you'll be fine.
Jeff

Appreciate the quick reply; now that I know the behavior I am seeing is switch-related then I can try and tweak it. Spent some time on it earlier, but just can't get it quite right yet. Thank you.

#4127 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Appreciate the quick reply; now that I know the behavior I am seeing is switch-related then I can try and tweak it. Spent some time on it earlier, but just can't get it quite right yet. Thank you.

It's not terribly difficult but it does take some finessing. Had to go through this on mine after seeing the exact same behavior you are.

Jeff

#4128 2 years ago

Played a few games last night on the new code and really enjoyed it! don't fear the reaper during the multiball was a lot of fun and the game felt more cohesive than I expected for "early" code. enjoying the shots a lot and the callouts are well done.

#4129 2 years ago

So glad I bought this pin.. It’s so much fun and will only get better. Only shot I struggle with is the pumpkin scoop. Anyone try adjusting the scoop? Debating on bending it down a bit or putting some sticky backed padding on the scoop to see if it helps.

#4130 2 years ago

I have a few plays into the new code. Really coming along! So, far I've had a couple of bugs. Sometimes, when I miss the skill shot, it still says skill shot available on the screen, but of course, the shot light is out. 2nd I think I was in Bob and Lynda, and started the House mode. Once the house mode timed out, I think I started hedge MB. When that ended, I started house again, but the mode never counted down. The time was stuck at 48 seconds on the screen. Anyway, just wanted to post the info for Spooky.

#4131 2 years ago

Anyone have video of Pumpkin multi with ‘don’t fear the reaper’? Dying to see this.

#4132 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone have video of Pumpkin multi with ‘don’t fear the reaper’? Dying to see this.

They showed it in the stream they did before the code was released, briefly. Sound levels were kinda poopy, but it'll probably keep them from getting a copyright strike on Youtube lol.

#4133 2 years ago

Ahhhh didn’t think about that. Must have missed it in bug stream, thanks!

Quoted from Frax:

They showed it in the stream they did before the code was released, briefly. Sound levels were kinda poopy, but it'll probably keep them from getting a copyright strike on Youtube lol.

#4134 2 years ago

I had this issue, bent the scoop down and put some Mylar on the cliffy in front of the scoop and now I can hit the scoop with either flipper.

Quoted from JesseJames23:

So glad I bought this pin.. It’s so much fun and will only get better. Only shot I struggle with is the pumpkin scoop. Anyone try adjusting the scoop? Debating on bending it down a bit or putting some sticky backed padding on the scoop to see if it helps.

#4135 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I had this issue, bent the scoop down and put some Mylar on the cliffy in front of the scoop and now I can hit the scoop with either flipper.

On the front of the inside or the outside.

#4136 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Mine came with Mylar on the scoop. Did you remove the scoop piece to bend? Or did you bend it on the playfield? Thanks!

#4137 2 years ago

I put the mylar in front of the scoop. The cliffy ripped the factory mylar and was bent above level so I bent it back and essentially held it down with a wider piece of mylar. My theory is that the small amount that the cliffy lifted was causing a slight airball and consistent rejects. since I did the repair I have much more consistent shots with very few rejects.

#4138 2 years ago

Anyone successfully use Windows 11 for updates?

#4139 2 years ago

How long should the first boot up take? And how many times should it self restart during the first boot?

#4140 2 years ago

What number we at with Halloween's being delivered?? I haven't seen too many posts lately.

#4141 2 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

What number we at with Halloween's being delivered?? I haven't seen too many posts lately.

340 was delivered this week.

#4142 2 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

I'm 364 and ordered direct from Spooky and haven't heard anything at all. Some later that bought from distributors got butter box emails.

#4143 2 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

My tracking says 343 is being delivered tomorrow.

#4144 2 years ago

#328 and still waiting with no info.

#4145 2 years ago

Had my best game so far earlier tonight. Almost cracked 40 million, came up a little short 39,320,440. Probably would have had I not accidentally drained 2 balls coming out of the lifter from the scoop. Anyone else get distracted with watching the movie clip reward for completing modes or just me lol. I got so distracted watching a couple upon completing things and the ball gets released before the clip ends doh! Really loving this game, so much fun.

#4146 2 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Anyone successfully use Windows 11 for updates?

Yep...

#4147 2 years ago

Had 100k in sight...and tilted.

20220310_220622 (resized).jpg20220310_220622 (resized).jpg
#4148 2 years ago

Enjoying the game so far. It is a very non-conventional layout and takes a lot of “learning” to get used to ball returns, paths, timing etc. It’s a great change from the Ritchie or Borg layouts I’ve mostly been playing. I can see this being a very tough/bad location game for players who don’t want to spend their coin drop figuring it out, which is exactly how I felt about WOZ. Gameplay is fun and 1.06 feels like a “complete” game. The upper pfs are interesting and have good balance of novelty without getting into gimmick territory. Modes are cool and feel a lot more than just “hit the flashing shots”.

I do have some build complaints. My pf glass is nowhere near square which makes one side longer than the other (trapezoid?). I normally wouldn’t care, but it makes installing the lock bar almost impossible. I spent several minutes trying to bend a strip on the bar to accommodate, but it’s still very tight and can still take a few minutes of fiddling to get on. Hopefully I don’t need to take remove the glass often. Also the knife toy is a on the flimsy side and wobbles as you play.

All in all it’s a fun game and definitely a winner. I am super jealous of anyone who picked up a discounted preorder off the pinside marketplace when buyers panicked!

#4149 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

How long should the first boot up take? And how many times should it self restart during the first boot?

Loaded 1.06 Monday without a problem - routine boot up with 1.06 seems to take longer ever since. No problem or complaint, just assume it's due to larger file size. Very happy with this game!

#4150 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I put the mylar in front of the scoop. The cliffy ripped the factory mylar and was bent above level so I bent it back and essentially held it down with a wider piece of mylar. My theory is that the small amount that the cliffy lifted was causing a slight airball and consistent rejects. since I did the repair I have much more consistent shots with very few rejects.

Ok mine was exactly the same as the factory mylar had ripped as well. And I did exactly what you suggested and I'm making 99% of shots from both flippers now. This should be a key post moderators as this will help every halloween owner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/83?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.