IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 340.
#3801 2 years ago

I'm not so sure Michael creep is code. It doesn't happen to me. Maybe a bad batch of servos or a grounding issue.

#3802 2 years ago

I must be going crazy, I feel like I’ve seen it mentioned several times but I have no idea where I saw it.

My michaels creep as well but they usually reset themselves at some point.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I'm not so sure Michael creep is code. It doesn't happen to me. Maybe a bad batch of servos or a grounding issue.

#3803 2 years ago

Michael creep is not built into the code, but there will be a code correction for it in the next update. We're also testing some physical solutions, which have shown some success. It's just a bit difficult to test because it seems dependent on external environment conditions.

PS: We really do want to get the code in your hands.

#3804 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I must be going crazy, I feel like I’ve seen it mentioned several times but I have no idea where I saw it.
My michaels creep as well but they usually reset themselves at some point.

I too have the Michael creep. It sometimes resets itself during gameplay. Sometimes resets after a reboot. I manually pushed it up a couple times but grew tired of taking the glass off for it so now I’ve noticed it fixes itself. Doesn’t happen all the time, it’s intermittent. Troubleshooting intermittent problems is the most fun. Lol

#3805 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I thought Michael was called a creep in the movie, now living up to this

More of a Sneaky Pete or a Pesky Peeper. I caught one of mine actually eating his hedge!

Mine is a very early prod#, I have no doubt that these things will get resolved and don't bother me in the least. I've been more focused and concerned of the dimpling of playfields (yes from all manufacturers) and was awaiting a protector for my HWCE that have since been told can't be made, as previously mentioned. That is more unfortunate to me as these mechanical things can and will be fixed, you can't fix PF wear. These are expen$ive toys (north of $15K CDN) so as a pin owner/collector (not a pin flipper [seller]) I want them to last.

HW_Mpeek (resized).PNGHW_Mpeek (resized).PNG
#3806 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

More of a Sneaky Pete or a Pesky Peeper. I caught one of mine actually eating his hedge!
Mine is a very early prod#, I have no doubt that these things will get resolved and don't bother me in the least. I've been more focused and concerned of the dimpling of playfields (yes from all manufacturers) and was awaiting a protector for my HWCE that have since been told can't be made, as previously mentioned. That is more unfortunate to me as these mechanical things can and will be fixed, you can't fix PF wear. These are expen$ive toys (north of $15K CDN) so as a pin owner/collector (not a pin flipper [seller]) I want them to last.
[quoted image]

Are the dimples worse than the new normal? Depth, amount, etc. Stranger things looked pretty bad but that was because the ball was dropping from the Demogorgan.

#3807 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

PS: We really do want to get the code in your hands.

Take your time! Squash them bugs (and fix them typos).

#3808 2 years ago

After some delays on FedEx's end #345 arrived Thursday evening. Got it all set up and everything appears to be ok, nothing seems to be jumping out at me glitch wise or bug wise. Only thing that is a slight concern to me is after playing the first few initial games a post it note dropped onto the playfield from somewhere. I'm assuming the items scratched off the list are resolved but the last line appears to indicate a playfield warp? Should I be concerned SpookyLuke ? The Judith Myers gravestone shot is definitely a hard shot to make but that is most likely just me. Tho I do notice the lockdown bar latch on that side of the playfield does not seem to have enough clearance to actually latch, the other side is no issue at all.

IMG_2014 (resized).JPGIMG_2014 (resized).JPG
#3809 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

After some delays on FedEx's end #345 arrived Thursday evening. Got it all set up and everything appears to be ok, nothing seems to be jumping out at me glitch wise or bug wise. Only thing that is a slight concern to me is after playing the first few initial games a post it note dropped onto the playfield from somewhere. I'm assuming the items scratched off the list are resolved but the last line appears to indicate a playfield warp? Should I be concerned SpookyLuke ? The Judith Myers gravestone shot is definitely a hard shot to make but that is most likely just me. Tho I do notice the lockdown bar latch on that side of the playfield does not seem to have enough clearance to actually latch, the other side is no issue at all.
[quoted image]

The right side latch is very tight. But does latch on mine.

#3810 2 years ago

What’s the last one with Butter that shipped? I’m 303 and no word on when it will go out. I’m happy to wait, just curious where things are, seeing as 345 non-butter has arrived.

#3811 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

[quoted image]

Not sure why you got a note, but the top is my writing and I can tell you the fixes that were made.

1) Hedge Issue - Required a pinotar software update.

2) Decals - Were either trimmed or replaced.

3) Apron - It was probably missing the apron when I tested it. Just a reminder that they needed to add an apron.

The bottom writing isn't mine, but if was warped it would have been replaced. My best guess is whoever put the apron on inadvertently inclosed the sticky note. If your coming to Texas, I'll sign it for you...LOL.

#3812 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Just a trick of the light it seems. The sticker is black.
Some pics of the original damage. Was super stressed as I thought I might be screwed since didn't open the box and inspect since the tip and tell looked good and the box looked perfect, so was a big relief that Spooky took care of me.
Ironically the second box had a big hole in it, but the machine was fine. Was a good lesson for me to always open the box and inspect for future pins. Figured that was just a disclaimer, but not many people actually do that seeing older NIB pins frequently changing hands.
[quoted image][quoted image]

did you get a new backbox or fix it using parts? Mine came in nearly the same condition. A bit worried about doing the fixes. Thanks!

#3813 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

What’s the last one with Butter that shipped? I’m 303 and no word on when it will go out. I’m happy to wait, just curious where things are, seeing as 345 non-butter has arrived.

I’m 343 and no word if mine has shipped, no butter, paid in full, from Nitro. Interesting that SharkDiver got # 345 delivered from Nitro and I haven’t received word of when mine is shipping?

#3814 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I’m 343 and no word if mine has shipped, no butter, paid in full, from Nitro. Interesting that SharkDiver got # 345 delivered from Nitro and I haven’t received word of when mine is shipping?

Ships Monday

#3815 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Are the dimples worse than the new normal? Depth, amount, etc. Stranger things looked pretty bad but that was because the ball was dropping from the Demogorgan.

A friend of mine here has a (NIB) Stranger Things LE. A beautiful pin and we installed a PF protector right away. It's a bit a time but well worth it. I know, that is a very polarizing topic but I do for me.

No worse but they are the 'new normal' dimples like what has plagued my ACNC (NIB) but I have less than 30 games on this. I played maybe 6 games after its arrival on Dec 24th and was waiting for the protector which I had order from playfield protectors more than a month earlier but Sebastian was waiting on a machine to arrive to base the protector from. I had to send a couple of emails out to request an update (I've had been burning to play) when on 2/18/2022 he replied to say that they was unable to make one to their satisfaction due to the complexity of the playfield layout/design. I asked both Sebastian and Team Spooky if a mylar couple be cut for the main area of the main PF but no luck so I have been playing it since. There is scattered dimpling but a lot on the large pumpkin where the overhead flyball plastic protector ends towards the middle side of the playfield. The immediate concerning area is where the ball is actually creating a large divet where it drops from the upper playfield onto the sanitarium PF on the far left side. Again, maybe 30 plays which to me is concerning. I've added a circle mylar that I had but it has a bit of a bubble under the mylar from the ball dent.

Believe me when I say that I am a Spooky fan and seldom complain in general. I have a personal collection of 24 pins ranging for late 70's to present. I just don't have this dimpling on the vast majority of my pins. I try to approach all of this with reason. I am also not cheap, I've added butter here, just as we did on the ACNC (~$30KCDN for 2 pins...) as I knew that this was a low count release and would be a beautiful pin. I just want these to stand-up and in my case I am already a light player so low plays in my home collection. This is just concerning (to me, of course). I've inquired a few times about a spare PF for my buttered ACNC. Not available yet but I would like one as these are limited in quantity and you never know what the future holds. Until the time comes where something can be done to remedy this 'new normal', I will continue to install a PF protector.

#3816 2 years ago

Sweet, thanks Tommy!

#3817 2 years ago

Question is this wear normal for pinball games? How can I make this not look like shit lol it's kinda all a look at now

PXL_20220305_221548405.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220305_221548405.MP (resized).jpg
#3818 2 years ago

For owners still waiting- I didn't see this review posted yet that I just came across done by Steve-O. Probably my favorite so far and features 1.05 code and has the multiba light fix.

#3819 2 years ago

That’s nothing…you should see the scoops on RUSH. About 1000x worse. Keep in mind it’s a scoop PROTECTOR. So…it’s gonna take a beating. Pins are meant to be played so…play on and stop hyper focusing.

Quoted from McIntyre905:

Question is this wear normal for pinball games? How can I make this not look like shit lol it's kinda all a look at now
[quoted image]

#3820 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

[quoted image]

That does look like shit.
But I guess its just mylar over a protector. Is there even any wear on it? Its just the mylar thats blown out...guess yiu could take it off and find out what happens.

#3821 2 years ago

It’s covered in mylar, it’s fine.

Quoted from TheLaw:

But I guess its just mylar over a protector. Is there even any wear on it?

#3822 2 years ago

These are commercial grade machines that involve wear. It's 1000% supposed to happen. I'm baffled by the desire to prevent it. I enjoy my Genie that is worn down to wood in some areas just as much as my nib machines. Most buyers understand this as well, so fear of resale makes zero sense.

#3823 2 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

did you get a new backbox or fix it using parts? Mine came in nearly the same condition. A bit worried about doing the fixes. Thanks!

They gave me the option of them sending replacement parts for a repair and walking me through it, or sending it back to them. I went with the latter since I'm not handy in the slightest and even if I was I wouldn't want to do major cabinet repairs on a NiB pin.

They covered return shipping and the had initially said they would repair it, but they ended up building me a new machine. I think they just built a new one since there was damage to the backbox as well as the lower cab

The new machine has been working great,and while I think the build quality on the cabinet is a bit rough (slightly peeling decals on the edges and the backbox edges are a bit askew and not perfect square flush it doesn't bother me that much

I've had less game mechanical issues than I did with my ACNC, but I think that had better cabinet build quality and maybe luck of the draw, but my ACNC playfield is still pristine after all this time and the Halloween has a lot of dimples like a Stern.

All in all I'm happy with the game and I think Spooky went above and beyond in their resolution of the damage, especially since I only noticed it after unboxing and signing for the delivery since the box looked pristine. Ironically the box was a bit beat up on the replacement game, but the machine itself was fine.

Good luck!

#3824 2 years ago

Lol thanks so much for the response, much appreciated! Absolutely loving the game so far, it’s quickly become in my top 3 games of my collection

Quoted from lpeters82:

Not sure why you got a note, but the top is my writing and I can tell you the fixes that were made.
1) Hedge Issue - Required a pinotar software update.
2) Decals - Were either trimmed or replaced.
3) Apron - It was probably missing the apron when I tested it. Just a reminder that they needed to add an apron.
The bottom writing isn't mine, but if was warped it would have been replaced. My best guess is whoever put the apron on inadvertently inclosed the sticky note. If your coming to Texas, I'll sign it for you...LOL.

#3825 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But I guess its just mylar over a protector. Is there even any wear on it? Its just the mylar thats blown out...guess yiu could take it off and find out what happens.

It is the mylar ( factory installed on mine)...game came w a spare sheet of mylar cutouts as I recall...

#3826 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

[quoted image]

Your posts have been interesting....believe you've put hundreds of games on the machine pretty early on ( a good thing imho), then some odd tech questions...

Scores and scores of threads regarding wear and tear when your firing a steel ball bearing at things.....I do understand these prices make everyone want to put on pf protectors ( I hate the way they feel) and keep the game as pristine as possible.

Just gotta decide if you're going to play the thing or not I guess. A defect is different, but wear and tear is part of it. I remember just seeing shooter lane pics, lol.

That's a " short scoop" ( very close to the flippers) and its gonna get nailed quite a bit...wouldn't worry much about it...just my take

#3827 2 years ago

I understand the desire to preserve games. Especially collectors edition games but to worry about a scoop PROTECTOR taking damage is a bit ridiculous. It is only there to PROTECT the scoop in the wooden playfield itself. Be GLAD it took hits. I can’t believe I was downvoted for this, get real haha. It’s a replaceable part! If youre worried about resale I’m sure Soooky will send you an extra and you can just keep it on hand till you move it. No big deal.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

These are commercial grade machines that involve wear. It's 1000% supposed to happen. I'm baffled by the desire to prevent it. I enjoy my Genie that is worn down to wood in some areas just as much as my nib machines. Most buyers understand this as well, so fear of resale makes zero sense.

#3828 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It is only there to PROTECT the scoop in the wooden playfield itself. Be GLAD it took hits. I can’t believe I was downvoted for this, get real haha. It’s a replaceable part!.

Downvoted becasue you've come up with an alternate reality that scoop protecters are wearing & throw away parts; which outside of 2 times I can think of is just not true. Many of us have had Cliffys on our machines for over a decade and they are not damaged and thousands of plays, tens of thousands of hits.

Rush looks like shit and is using garbage parts, not OK. That's not the norm

#3829 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Your posts have been interesting....believe you've put hundreds of games on the machine pretty early on ( a good thing imho), then some odd tech questions...
Scores and scores of threads regarding wear and tear when your firing a steel ball bearing at things.....I do understand these prices make everyone want to put on pf protectors ( I hate the way they feel) and keep the game as pristine as possible.
Just gotta decide if you're going to play the thing or not I guess. A defect is different, but wear and tear is part of it. I remember just seeing shooter lane pics, lol.
That's a " short scoop" ( very close to the flippers) and its gonna get nailed quite a bit...wouldn't worry much about it...just my take

Yea honestly have got a million questions haha first pin so I'm definitely a noob. Do you know where the spare mylar pieces are. I have a sheet I could cut but If they did include them somewhere I'd use them

#3830 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Many of us have had Cliffys on our machines for over a decade and they are not damaged and thousands of plays, tens of thousands of hits.

Truth...was kind of shocked when I saw it on the protector, as maybe they wanted to put in front of it(?)

Kinda looked like epoxy or something when I got the game and had me scratching my head....I'll probably pull it off at some point, but not bugging me.

Can't speak to Rush, as I've never seen one.

#3831 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Yea honestly have got a million questions haha first pin so I'm definitely a noob. Do you know where the spare mylar pieces are. I have a sheet I could cut but If they did include them somewhere I'd use them

Pretty sure the extra mylar pieces were in the box with the legs and other goodies.

#3832 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

I meant it as compliment ( basic noob questions, but playing the hell out of the game)...speaks volumes to me...

The only way I knew they included a spare sheet was reading the " parts included" list, lol....had to go through all the packing I'd ripped off and found mine taped to the plastic....probably would have thrown it away otherwise.

As mentioned above, if it were me...I'd remove the one covering the steel protector, wax the area in FRONT of the protector, and place the new one there.....

#3833 2 years ago

An alternate reality? Up until just a few years back games didn’t even come with scoop protectors. Yes, cliffys are well made and hold up. Yes, older Stern scoop protectors were better than the most recent ones. Spookys scoop protectors are fine. They are doing what they are meant to do. Protect the SCOOP. Like with all of the other games. If you want the best possible scoop protector money can buy then get one from
Cliff.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Downvoted becasue you've come up with an alternate reality that scoop protecters are wearing & throw away parts; which outside of 2 times I can think of is just not true. Many of us have had Cliffys on our machines for over a decade and they are not damaged and thousands of plays, tens of thousands of hits.
Rush looks like shit and is using garbage parts, not OK. That's not the norm

#3834 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I meant it as compliment ( basic noob questions, but playing the hell out of the game)...speaks volumes to me...
The only way I knew they included a spare sheet was reading the " parts included" list, lol....had to go through all the packing I'd ripped off and found mine taped to the plastic....probably would have thrown it away otherwise.
As mentioned above, if it were me...I'd remove the one covering the steel protector, wax the area in FRONT of the protector, and place the new one there.....

Aw fuck I deff didn't see that and my box is in the garbage lol I will deff do what you recommended tho thank you

#3835 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Aw fuck I deff didn't see that and my box is in the garbage lol I will deff do what you recommended tho thank you

Would have thrown mine out too, if I hadn't read the sheet ( which I rarely do)...was stoked they threw in some extra PCBLEDs, and stepper motors, so looked at it and went " shit, I've thrown them out"....fortunately didn't make the dumpster yet ( just the back of my truck)...so my diving turned the sheet up.

Definitely don't forget to clean, then wax the area your going to lay the mylar on....can be a PITA, or remove art if you pull it down the road ( at your rate of play, could be a few months, lol).

Seriously, that front scoop is absolutely brutal ( as you're aware)...so not a bad idea to put something in front of the protector...

#3836 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

...was stoked they threw in some extra PCBLEDs, and stepper motors,...

Nice!

#3837 2 years ago

Agreed!!! I'll take those over 10 key fobs anyday...

#3838 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Would have thrown mine out too, if I hadn't read the sheet ( which I rarely do)...was stoked they threw in some extra PCBLEDs, and stepper motors, so looked at it and went " shit, I've thrown them out"....fortunately didn't make the dumpster yet ( just the back of my truck)...so my diving turned the sheet up.
Definitely don't forget to clean, then wax the area your going to lay the mylar on....can be a PITA, or remove art if you pull it down the road ( at your rate of play, could be a few months, lol).
Seriously, that front scoop is absolutely brutal ( as you're aware)...so not a bad idea to put something in front of the protector...

Yea I play a lot haha I'm cleaning like every week lol can't seem to get the lines out infront of the lane infront of the flippers or the orbit.

#3839 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Yea I play a lot haha I'm cleaning like every week lol can't seem to get the lines out infront of the lane infront of the flippers or the orbit.

Novus 2

#3840 2 years ago

I havent been able to get them out for 20 years now, and I use Novus 2. Is there a secret to doing that?

#3841 2 years ago

A wire brush and boraxo.

#3842 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I havent been able to get them out for 20 years now, and I use Novus 2. Is there a secret to doing that?

If they're that bad, buffing attachment on a drill will sometimes do it.

#3843 2 years ago

Damn so all these new posts and thought the code was released. Ok bank to ufc….

Oh and people play your games. Enjoy them!

#3844 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was stoked to see the extras that they've provided!

#3845 2 years ago

We have been playing ours all week. Even with the current code it’s a blast to play.
The people selling their spots for a loss or walking away from their down payment blows my mind… Great job Spooky!!!

#3846 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

We have been playing ours all week. Even with the current code it’s a blast to play.
The people selling their spots for a loss or walking away from their down payment blows my mind… Great job Spooky!!!

I agree. We're still enjoying ACNC. That was interesting to watch from reveal through to production. People were all over the map with opinion. It is a love or hate thing I guess but I have been asked a few times if I would sell and the answer is simply NO.

#3847 2 years ago

Does anyone else have this wearing at the top of the ramp to the house? Left side. On the wood not the plastic.

DD40D210-045C-4A34-AFDB-3696764D83D9 (resized).jpegDD40D210-045C-4A34-AFDB-3696764D83D9 (resized).jpeg

#3849 2 years ago

Hey everybody! The new code is officially out, so you can all go get your Don't Fear the Reaper goodness. Play the hell out of it and get us some feedback!

PS, if we don't answer for about 3 hours it's cause we're seeing The Batman

#3850 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Hey everybody! The new code is officially out, so you can all go get your Don't Fear the Reaper goodness. Play the hell out of it and get us some feedback!
PS, if we don't answer for about 3 hours it's cause we're seeing The Batman

I might be able to answer. I watch The Batman on Friday. I didn't look how long it was though, so my girls were awfully tired by the end.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/77?hl=morgoth00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.