IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 338.
#3701 2 years ago

Disclaimer - All of these beautiful games are under warranty (I'd think) and Spooky is amazing. Just a bit of caution as there is the potential to damage an LED strip, etc. if things get a bit sideways.....did this for my own game at my risk....

#3702 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So...had a flakey LED strip, AJ promptly sent a replacement ( in my hands in 2 days. Spooky rocks!!)...sat on it for a week or so deciding if I'd do this...
Decided, why not? Ordered appropriate aluminum channel and milky white diffuser...installed this afternoon ( meetings reschedued). The channel looks great and went w thin depth to just open the light up a bit...
Kind of a PITA, but like the overall smoothing effect...going to cut a new diffuser and tidy a bit tomorrow, but wanted to share...no wire ties, and the channel will dissipate the heat fine, also keeping the lens at equal distance across the strips
Bourbon and time to play this thing!!

By "milky white" do you mean translucent? I've always thought being able to see each individual LED and see it as a basic LED strip is janky. It needs to be more discreet like a light tube to the point where you can't see that it's essentially a cheap LED strip--something that would look more like the ELI ramps on Tron, but still with the light chasing effect here.

#3703 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

By "milky white" do you mean translucent? I've always thought being able to see each individual LED and see it as a basic LED strip is janky. It needs to be more discreet like a light tube to the point where you can't see that it's essentially a cheap LED strip--something that would look more like the ELI ramps on Tron, but still with the light chasing effect here.

You would have to go w deeper channel, getting the LED further from the milky white diffuser ( they make it in smokey gray as well). I fear in this case it may move the entire assembly out too far, minimizing the effectiveness of the smokey shield. I can't bend that deep of channel anyway, but could be done. Diminished returns for me trying that.

Also, going to be pretty much impossible to emulate TronLE ( or ELI upfit mod) as those are fiber light tube, driven from the end).

The spots are now very soft ( don't have the " hard lines" of an LED), and the overall blend is much smoother. They still chase and sink great...

#3704 2 years ago

" milky white" = translucent, but not transparent. Flashlight to a milk jug gives you the idea....further the beam gets from the jug, wider and less defined beam. Sheet of glass makes no difference.

#3705 2 years ago

Hi all! Anyone know the weight of the machine off hand? Debating setting it up tonight by myself, trying to see what I'm getting into. Thanks in advance!!

#3706 2 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Hi all! Anyone know the weight of the machine off hand? Debating setting it up tonight by myself, trying to see what I'm getting into. Thanks in advance!!

I set it up myself. Suppose to be 250 pounds I think shipping weight. Just have a stool ready to help put legs on.

#3707 2 years ago

Here are a few better pictures of what I think is causing my ball to get stuck. If it comes down the right hand return lane (Loomis) without enough velocity it stops. When I look at the metal lifting-thingy underneath the lane it's not flush with the playfield, it's a quarter inch (ish) raised. On the left return (Laurie) it's flush.

IMG_4466 (resized).jpgIMG_4466 (resized).jpgIMG_4467 (resized).jpgIMG_4467 (resized).jpg
#3708 2 years ago
Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

Here are a few better pictures of what I think is causing my ball to get stuck. If it comes down the right hand return lane (Loomis) without enough velocity it stops. When I look at the metal lifting-thingy underneath the lane it's not flush with the playfield, it's a quarter inch (ish) raised. On the left return (Laurie) it's flush.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Gotta loosen the posts it will apparently flatten out then your tighten them back up

#3709 2 years ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

If you have a dolly, what I do is put a moving blanket on the dolly and use that to counter the weight, as I tip the machine onto it. then I lift it up, put the legs on then drop it down.

#3710 2 years ago

I've been watching the video on the upcoming code release. SpookyLuke says the pumpkin on the playfield shows a modes progress. I couldn't really see what that meant in the video. Is it the large pumpkin next to the ramp entrances? Is it the insert lights for the pumpkin coming on one by one as you make progress?

Edit: Actually maybe Luke meant the scoop pumpkin. Just interested to know what he was referring to is. Looking forward to the new code. Looking good.

#3711 2 years ago
A0EB7646-1713-4F00-A14F-292FA0A04D4B (resized).jpegA0EB7646-1713-4F00-A14F-292FA0A04D4B (resized).jpegB0BF9DA5-5E53-4ACD-89D8-C451D0263899 (resized).jpegB0BF9DA5-5E53-4ACD-89D8-C451D0263899 (resized).jpegD6A350F7-3935-4497-BBE1-436A89093FD9 (resized).jpegD6A350F7-3935-4497-BBE1-436A89093FD9 (resized).jpegECC6AE88-DF85-4554-83B9-25243D48E034 (resized).jpegECC6AE88-DF85-4554-83B9-25243D48E034 (resized).jpeg
#3712 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the decal art and the pumpkin carving which is 'in progress', maybe with one pumpkin but 4 finished pumpkins seem too much and too large in scale for where those are placed. Just my opinion of course

#3713 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I've been watching the video on the upcoming code release. SpookyLuke says the pumpkin on the playfield shows a modes progress. I couldn't really see what that meant in the video. Is it the large pumpkin next to the ramp entrances? Is it the insert lights for the pumpkin coming on one by one as you make progress?
Edit: Actually maybe Luke meant the scoop pumpkin. Just interested to know what he was referring to is. Looking forward to the new code. Looking good.

The inserts near the drop targets track which modes you've started and finished. Start three for the new mode, Don't Fear The Reaper. Finishing six will be one of the main wizard modes.

#3714 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the pumpkins and the one getting carved? Looks awesome

#3715 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Where did you get the pumpkins and the one getting carved? Looks awesome

The pumpkins are available for sale in the market place on pinside. Just search by your machine title or just “Halloween”. The carved pumpkin is one of kind and not available for purchase.

#3716 2 years ago

More grammar Nazi comments.

Mode 1 is called ‘Death in the Driver Seat.’ When stacked, the active stack on the screen states ‘Death in the Drivers Seat.’ So, they don’t match. However, both are inaccurate.

Because it’s possessive, there should be an apostrophe.

So, change the mode name to ‘Death in the Driver’s Seat’ and it will be correct.

#3717 2 years ago

Thought I would mention, In Jack O'Lantern MB, it says on the screen the spinners and Grove shots increase the jackpot value, but when Bug hit the spinners, It didn't increase. Maybe you guys know already, but I thought I'd post that.

#3718 2 years ago

Can someone post a picture of their backbox metal latch? Having issues with mine, it came off on when I unboxed it, it seems like the holes were drilled too low? Would like to see if it's just mine.

#3719 2 years ago

Silly question, what secures the topper on the base unit? It slides on the rod but I think I'm missing something to secure it.

PXL_20220227_023134141 (resized).jpgPXL_20220227_023134141 (resized).jpg
#3720 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Silly question, what secures the topper on the base unit? It slides on the rod but I think I'm missing something to secure it.
[quoted image]

.050 setscrew in this hole

Screenshot_20220226-194843_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220226-194843_Gallery (resized).jpg
#3721 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

Perfect. Thank you! Greatly appreciate it

#3722 2 years ago

Isn't the new music that was unveiled in 1.06 part of rob zombies halloween?

#3723 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

6A3453D1-D959-4998-819D-D550EFDACD9C.gif6A3453D1-D959-4998-819D-D550EFDACD9C.gif
#3724 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

Peep the radio music. It was also on Rob Zombie's Halloween soundtrack

#3725 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Peep the radio music. It was also on Rob Zombie's Halloween soundtrack

Ahaha, totally missed it, totally!!! No pun intended

#3726 2 years ago

no .

Quoted from pinmatic:

#3727 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Hello owners - I have noticed a new issue on my powder coated speaker panel. It seems like dark spots are appearing. My guess is these spots were originally finger prints on the bare metal panel before is was coated. Why it has taken a few months to appear is a mystery. Does anyone have any expertise on the subject?
[quoted image]

Our coin door powder coat has some similar finger-induced contamination. Not noticeable in most lighting/situations, but sometimes.

#3728 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Hello owners - I have noticed a new issue on my powder coated speaker panel. It seems like dark spots are appearing. My guess is these spots were originally finger prints on the bare metal panel before is was coated. Why it has taken a few months to appear is a mystery. Does anyone have any expertise on the subject?
[quoted image]

I've noticed I got some wear in the powder coat on the lockdown bar

#3729 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

This was a problem early on, I thought they were clear coating to stop this happening.

#3730 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

This is why I dont like the "vein" powder coat. My ACNC has rubbed off where you touch it to play.

#3731 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

This is why I dont like the "vein" powder coat. My ACNC has rubbed off where you touch it to play.

This specific powder coat does seem fragile compared to other powder coats. I would love to see some shots of location games. I'm fearful that it won't hold up long term. I have always been fine with the color and vein finish, but the actual product is concerning to me as is the application process of Spooky's vendor. I think the vendor might be taking a few shortcuts because of the large volume and rising costs. The clearcoat seems thin and don't believe the metal was chemically washed correctly before going into the booth. I have fingerprints on my speaker panel and now I am beginning to see them on my coin door. The clear is also showing signs of dulling on the siderails over the flipper buttons. I have never had any issues with my personal powder coat place even on vein finished items. To complicate things, I live just blocks from the ocean so I have to deal with salt air. Anyone living close to the ocean knows exactly what I'm talking about. That being said, every single powder coated game I own looks flawless to this day except for Halloween (my newest game).

#3732 2 years ago

The ends of my RZ lockdown bar are significantly discolored compared to the rest of it. I also thought Spooky said they'd be fixing this issue with clearcoat. The HWN armor is lighter color and I'm afraid blemishes will be even more visible if it does wear like RZ...

#3733 2 years ago

CE#317 has been delivered!

EB7DAB07-ABD5-4C8D-8C2B-170F2463C2ED (resized).jpegEB7DAB07-ABD5-4C8D-8C2B-170F2463C2ED (resized).jpegFAA41B88-C87E-417B-8B3B-DE18ED0D3F67 (resized).jpegFAA41B88-C87E-417B-8B3B-DE18ED0D3F67 (resized).jpeg
#3734 2 years ago

Anyone notice Weird Al has a butt-pretzel? Upper playfield snack bar into the lock area. Imitation is the best form of flattery!

#3735 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone notice Weird Al has a butt-pretzel? Upper playfield snack bar into the lock area. Imitation is the best form of flattery!

I did… I thought the same thing

#3736 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

CE#317 has been delivered! [quoted image][quoted image]

Toyota Racing, I had to sell this before I killed myself! Was so much fun

EE30BC05-1A79-4C9A-B0CE-F89048E03A4C (resized).jpegEE30BC05-1A79-4C9A-B0CE-F89048E03A4C (resized).jpeg
#3737 2 years ago

CE#317 has been delivered!

Oh man I remember Time Traveler.

#3738 2 years ago

Time Traveler! Man, I loved playing that at the one arcade I found it at, as a child. Malibu Grand Prix in Atlanta!

#3739 2 years ago

Everything looks great… only issue so far is my 9 year old beat me 2 games in a row…

5CE6840C-FDAF-4816-BF2D-784AC8976424 (resized).jpeg5CE6840C-FDAF-4816-BF2D-784AC8976424 (resized).jpeg
#3740 2 years ago

Everything looks great… only issue so far is my 9 year old beat me 2 games in a row…
[quoted image]

Nice lineup

#3741 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

Next silly question, do you know somewhere online I could get that size screw? I went to three hardware stores and they didn't have any. For some reason I can't find one online.

#3742 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Next silly question, do you know somewhere online I could get that size screw? I went to three hardware stores and they didn't have any. For some reason I can't find one online.

I'd try McMaster-Carr, they have all types of odd screws

Might even try local ACE hardware where they have all those bins

#3743 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Spooky will send it to you if you contact support.

#3744 2 years ago

Is it a known bug to be locked out of resetting the drop targets for mode qualification? I know I’m supposed to shoot orbits to reset them, but there’s been multiple times where I shoot orbits and the drops never come back up.

#3745 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Is it a known bug to be locked out of resetting the drop targets for mode qualification? I know I’m supposed to shoot orbits to reset them, but there’s been multiple times where I shoot orbits and the drops never come back up.

Yes, this is a known problem.

#3746 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Do you have an Ace Hardware nearby? They have tons of various set screws. Maybe take the removed shaft with you to verify fit.

And in my case, my knife holder was using two set screws, both the same size. You might check yours to make sure both threaded holes are empty.

#3747 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Do you have an Ace Hardware nearby? They have tons of various set screws. Maybe take the removed shaft with you to verify fit.
And in my case, my knife holder was using two set screws, both the same size. You might check yours to make sure both threaded holes are empty.

There's one about 20 minutes away. I'll check that out! Thanks

#3748 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

There's one about 20 minutes away. I'll check that out! Thanks

It's probably a 4-40 grub setscrew as those typically use a .050 Allen bit. Did you measure the diameter?

#3749 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

It's probably a 4-40 grub setscrew as those typically use a .050 Allen bit. Did you measure the diameter?

Actually tried a 4-40 earlier today and it wasn't a fit. I'll have to measure the diameter.

#3750 2 years ago

CE#317 has been delivered! [quoted image][quoted image]

Super clean LT250! My first quad, but it was not like that! Also, details on the Yamaha.!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
There are 16,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.