20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 339.
#3651 2 years ago

Wait - at 1:11 over an hour in new animation studio and new animation for UM and HW??? Anyone else catch that?

#3652 2 years ago

Typo at 1:10:27

‘PATIENT’ not ‘PATIANT’

#3653 2 years ago

New update looks freaking awesome! Great video too guys. Now I need to go back and watch Ultraman

#3654 2 years ago

Sorry if I missed the conversation, but did mode memory or mode timers make this update?

#3655 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sorry if I missed the conversation, but did mode memory or mode timers make this update?

Lol you notice the typo but missed the timers on the screen and them talking about the modes timing out now

#3656 2 years ago

Received word that mine has shipped, according to tracking it's scheduled to arrive sometime Monday. Ordered through Nitro CE #345 as a general fyi.

#3657 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

New update looks freaking awesome! Great video too guys. Now I need to go back and watch Ultraman

Let seller remorse begin !!!!

#3658 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Lol you notice the typo but missed the timers on the screen and them talking about the modes timing out now

Sorry, I was at a funeral and had to watch with the sound off.

#3659 2 years ago

Can anyone check the level of their 3rd playfield? My main playfield is level but the 3rd is leaning hard to the left. Which I assume is why I’m not having ANY luck progressing when up there. The ball constantly loses momentum and trickles out. Super frustrating. I’ve tried everything I can think of, including following the adjustment videos on YouTube.

24BA1DDE-44DC-43D3-A83D-0E63E2355881 (resized).jpeg24BA1DDE-44DC-43D3-A83D-0E63E2355881 (resized).jpeg788826FE-6F73-4D34-8BA6-0839D694D2E5 (resized).jpeg788826FE-6F73-4D34-8BA6-0839D694D2E5 (resized).jpeg
#3660 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Can anyone check the level of their 3rd playfield? My main playfield is level but the 3rd is leaning hard to the left. Which I assume is why I’m not having ANY luck progressing when up there. The ball constantly loses momentum and trickles out. Super frustrating. I’ve tried everything I can think of, including following the adjustment videos on YouTube.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Possible your mount spacer is out if spec! Shoot me an email I'll get it sorted out for you [email protected]

#3661 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Let seller remorse begin !!!!

Hope so! Want to make every who has hung in there with us as proud as we possibly can! Still searching out new assets and talent for these games every week. Making the rules better and better. Adding modes, specials, combo systems etc. Can't wait to see how far we can push these!

#3662 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Possible your mount spacer is out if spec! Shoot me an email I'll get it sorted out for you [email protected]

Thanks Luke. I just sent an email to you.

#3663 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Wait - at 1:11 over an hour in new animation studio and new animation for UM and HW??? Anyone else catch that?

Indeed! Cool new studio working on additional animations for both Halloween and Ultraman! I've seen the new Ultraman UI it looks great! They have made some insanely good stuff in the past.

#3664 2 years ago

Will there be a list of bug fixes implemented in the upcoming release? The gameplay video was nice but I would love to learn more of the technical stuff.

#3665 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Will there be a list of bug fixes implemented in the upcoming release? The gameplay video was nice but I would love to learn more of the technical stuff.

Indeed!

#3666 2 years ago

Awesome news! Looking forward to seeing what they do.

Quoted from djsolzs:

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Indeed! Cool new studio working on additional animations for both Halloween and Ultraman! I've seen the new Ultraman UI it looks great! They have made some insanely good stuff in the past.

#3667 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

Received word that mine has shipped, according to tracking it's scheduled to arrive sometime Monday. Ordered through Nitro CE #345 as a general fyi.

136 to go to 481! Mine is through Nitro also. How many Halloween are being built a week right now?

#3668 2 years ago

Is anyone experiencing a weak lower right flipper? I find that it goes 'weak' relatively quickly in game play.

I literally have about 12 games in so far as I was waiting for a playfield protector which I have recently been told can't be made due to the complexity of playfield design (that's speaks positively to Team Spooky's creativity I think

#3669 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Is anyone experiencing a weak lower right flipper? I find that it goes 'weak' relatively quickly in game play.
I literally have about 12 games in so far as I was waiting for a playfield protector which I have recently been told can't be made due to the complexity of playfield design (that's speaks positively to Team Spooky's creativity I think

Have not seen this issue yet. Maybe reseat the connector at the pinotaur? I found a pushed out crimp on my left flipper that I was able to just push back in. I used a razor and lifted up on the little tab so that it would stay secure in the connector.

#3670 2 years ago

Don't know if this would fit, but maybe you could add something related to "thorn". I know this was brought into later movies, so not sure if it would fit with this theme or not.

#3671 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

Don't know if this would fit, but maybe you could add something related to "thorn". I know this was brought into later movies, so not sure if it would fit with this theme or not.

No, that wouldn't fit at all. This machine is based only on the first movie.

I will keep all other opinions of that entire subplot to myself...

#3672 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Typo at 1:10:27
‘PATIENT’ not ‘PATIANT’

Great catch. Had to watch it several times to see that.

#3673 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

No, that wouldn't fit at all. This machine is based only on the first movie.
I will keep all other opinions of that entire subplot to myself...

The only thing I could see Spooky get away with is possibly adding content from Halloween 2. Only because it took place in the same night. With that said however, there's enough content from the first movie to work with. Would love to hear Mr. Sandman though.

#3674 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

The only thing I could see Spooky get away with is possibly adding content from Halloween 2. Only because it took place in the same night. With that said however, there's enough content from the first movie to work with. Would love to hear Mr. Sandman though.

"Mr. Sandman" playing when the game is over would be awesome.

#3675 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

"Mr. Sandman" playing when the game is over would be awesome.

It actually would be, even though this game is the original. I do love hearing the song as the 2nd movie ends in the early morning. And, basically in my eyes, the first 2 movies are the complete story.

#3676 2 years ago

Guessing it may be too late into development, to try and rope in content from Halloween 2, though I'd love it. Mr. Sandman for the end game song actually would be quite amazing, nice suggestion.

#3677 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Yep, I had one coming to but now refunded.

#3678 2 years ago

I really dont want anything rob zombie related in this. I'm not digging the song choice.

#3679 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

I really dont want anything rob zombie related in this. I'm not digging the song choice.

Haha. Um we are referring to Halloween 2 (1981) It has nothing to do with Rob Zombie

#3680 2 years ago

#305 has come home! pics when I unbox it

#3681 2 years ago

Sir. That’s very funny.

Quoted from pinmatic:

#3682 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Haha. Um we are referring to Halloween 2 (1981) It has nothing to do with Rob Zombie

There’s no such movie.

#3683 2 years ago

I rewatched 2007 Halloween on netflix the other night. Whole new take and raunchy. Loved it.

#3684 2 years ago

Had an issue I wouldn’t call an “issue”. Ball not registering at the right lifter. Switch test didn’t change state when tested. Took a hobby sized paint brush and dusted off the optos. Back in business.

#3685 2 years ago

So...had a flakey LED strip, AJ promptly sent a replacement ( in my hands in 2 days. Spooky rocks!!)...sat on it for a week or so deciding if I'd do this...

Decided, why not? Ordered appropriate aluminum channel and milky white diffuser...installed this afternoon ( meetings reschedued). The channel looks great and went w thin depth to just open the light up a bit...

Kind of a PITA, but like the overall smoothing effect...going to cut a new diffuser and tidy a bit tomorrow, but wanted to share...no wire ties, and the channel will dissipate the heat fine, also keeping the lens at equal distance across the strips

Bourbon and time to play this thing!!

#3686 2 years ago

I'm having a great time, but there's one spot I keep getting a ball stuck. It's by Loomis' head. Any tips for an adjustment I can make? I'm a novice at this so forgive the real basic questions...

IMG_4456 (resized).jpgIMG_4456 (resized).jpg

#3687 2 years ago
Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

I'm having a great time, but there's one spot I keep getting a ball stuck. It's by Loomis' head. Any tips for an adjustment I can make? I'm a novice at this so forgive the real basic questions...
[quoted image]

Put a thick enough washer underneath that plastic on the nearest post to the ball. Should raise the plastic enough for the ball to clear the plastic.

#3688 2 years ago

#320 - told to expect my butter in a couple of weeks. If it was a standard, apparently, it would have shipped now. Can't wait!

#3689 2 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

#320 - told to expect my butter in a couple of weeks. If it was a standard, apparently, it would have shipped now. Can't wait!

#303 here. Also got butter. Also in holding pattern.

#3690 2 years ago

Joined the club today! This game is fantastic. I have two issues out of the box. One, when I hit down to the drop targets it just keeps making this awful noise or over and over. Super loud lightning kind of noise. Is this part of the game? The other issue I have is it randomly plunges the ball for you on a multiplayer game. So the next player has to be ready to go immediately. Guessing that's an opto or something

#3691 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Joined the club today! This game is fantastic. I have two issues out of the box. One, when I hit down to the drop targets it just keeps making this awful noise or over and over. Super loud lightning kind of noise. Is this part of the game? The other issue I have is it randomly plunges the ball for you on a multiplayer game. So the next player has to be ready to go immediately. Guessing that's an opto or something

It sounds to me like you have a stuck switch. Go into the test menu and check your switch test and stuck switch test. That seems like it could be causing the two issues in one. Since the switch is triggering the auto eject assumes that the ball has already been out on the playfield and needs to be fed back into the game.

#3692 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It sounds to me like you have a stuck switch. Go into the test menu and check your switch test and stuck switch test. That seems like it could be causing the two issues in one. Since the switch is triggering the auto eject assumes that the ball has already been out on the playfield and needs to be fed back into the game.

Thanks! That was actually the first thing I tested. I did notice one thing since then. It seems to only eject the ball when the previous player had the targets down. If the targets are up the ball sits in the trough and waits for the plunge. If the targets are down it kicks the ball out and plunges it. I will run through it all again and see if I notice anything else.

I did notice something on the switch test earlier. Lower_drop_target was on the list. I couldn't find a drop Target that correlates with it.

#3693 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It looks like the culprit might be banked to on the drops. At random times it doesn't register as up.

#3694 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So...had a flakey LED strip, AJ promptly sent a replacement ( in my hands in 2 days. Spooky rocks!!)...sat on it for a week or so deciding if I'd do this...
Decided, why not? Ordered appropriate aluminum channel and milky white diffuser...installed this afternoon ( meetings reschedued). The channel looks great and went w thin depth to just open the light up a bit...
Kind of a PITA, but like the overall smoothing effect...going to cut a new diffuser and tidy a bit tomorrow, but wanted to share...no wire ties, and the channel will dissipate the heat fine, also keeping the lens at equal distance across the strips
Bourbon and time to play this thing!!

Do you have a link on where you bought the aluminum channel and white diffuser?

#3695 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Is It getting stuck on the exit of the subway? If so… I’ve seen a few guys loosen that post your ball is almost resting on to relieve tension that might be lifting it a bit to high. Then snug it back up.

#3696 2 years ago

[quoted image]

What does your level look like?

#3697 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yep, I had one coming to but now refunded.

I know that they are a love or hate thing but I love them as they do protect my PFs and I have no issues with slowing down my games.

I'm not sure if a large size main PF mylar would help reduce the dimpling. Yes I know, the claim of all PFs dimple because of the heavy steel ball(s) but I have plenty of older pins that have near zero dimpling and no the wood hasn't been perfectly evened out by 'entire pf dimpling'

#3698 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Yep....will post in a bit

#3699 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SJF88LY

If you visit the store ( this is amazon link), you can be certain you are getting the black clips....couple things:

- I'd advise buying the 6 pack...though overkill, chances are high that you might bend the channel..(cheap enough)

- Mount the clips as low as possible, drilling an absolute parallel to playfield hole (5/64 = smaller than the wire tie holes). Be SUPER careful, and you don't need that many clips if you've bent the channel correctly (test fit often). These holes are behind the channel going into the side, so even if you bailed on the whole thing, no biggie (provided you didn't drill at an angle). Idea is top of clip is even w top of pf.

- Clean the edges of the channel cut and keep on the short side...no pushing aluminum even into the heat shrink..soft bends at the ends = long life.

- The diffuser is a PITA making the sharp rounded corner. You'll need to trim about 1.25 inches of ribbing to allow it to stay rounded. If you kink it, you will see it.

- Most important - the LED strip has sticky, clear tape to hold it in place. BE CERTAIN you haven't peeled this thin tape off when removing from the wood, and ensure it's covering the entire strip when you adhere to the aluminum. It can fool you and separate = disaster if the back of the actual strip touches the aluminum.

Not difficult ( well maybe a little bit), but patience and attention to detail is important. Played a lot last night and really like the widening of the pattern and softer edges....just me.....good luck....

If you wanted a spotless effect (1 long tube) the channel will have to be deeper = U108. I like the soft spots and not comfortable bending the deeper stuff on my own.

#3700 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I know that they are a love or hate thing but I love them as they do protect my PFs and I have no issues with slowing down my games.
I'm not sure if a large size main PF mylar would help reduce the dimpling. Yes I know, the claim of all PFs dimple because of the heavy steel ball(s) but I have plenty of older pins that have near zero dimpling and no the wood hasn't been perfectly evened out by 'entire pf dimpling'

I have one on my Alien and love the protection. There is a location that I play at that buy LE Sterns and they put these protectors on their machines and been playing there over a year and the playfields look great, that's why I put them on. They work and the game play feels the same to me. I didn't even realize for awhile they had installed playfield protectors lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/74?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.