Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 339.
#3601 2 years ago

I'm fine with staging coming later. Right now the pauses are handy during multiball for setting up jackpots.

Quoted from McIntyre905:

Might paint this dude up and stick him here.

Better glue him down well. We've had fast right ramp shots fly past the asylum flipper and bounce out that exit fast enough to miss the hole and fly onto the knife (and into the outlane).

#3602 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Definitely still plan on it. We honestly had it in once but it was so buggy we just threw it out to focus on getting content in. The hardware is all there to do it. Just will take a decent amount of time to program. I would suspect it would burn close to a month and we just badly don't want to use a month on that right now. We could add a literal whole wizard mode in the same amount of time. Programming sucks lol. I just want all the stuff in NOW.

Thanks for the update on this. In case anyone cares my preference would be staging over wizard mode any day of the week considering how much it slows down the overall flow of the entire game.

#3603 2 years ago

Agreed here

Quoted from adamross:

Thanks for the update on this. In case anyone cares my preference would be staging over wizard mode any day of the week considering how much it slows down the overall flow of the entire game.

#3604 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I'm stuck in the middle honestly. At first I was 100% this needs staging (why I added the optos needed for it). Now though as the mode stacking and multiballs progress I've learned that it's actually so nice to have a little delay. Knowing I can tuck a couple balls into the subway and then go for a super jackpot or a hard to hit shot like the right orbit is great. I also think as now more and more modes include all 3 levels it's nice to know it's not insta flying out at you while your trying to play other balls on the tip levels. I see both sides. I think we need to get staging in at some point regardless just to see how it goes over if nothing else.

Overall I would just say I have really enjoyed learning about what is important to some people in a game vs others. Like some people don't care if there are only 6 modes they just want them fun and perfectly polished. Other people don't want us to worry about perfecting until we get 15 modes in the game. Some people would rather have ball staging than a wizard mode etc. Always something to be learned.

#3605 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'm stuck in the middle honestly. At first I was 100% this needs staging (why I added the optos needed for it). Now though as the mode stacking and multiballs progress I've learned that it's actually so nice to have a little delay. Knowing I can tuck a couple balls into the subway and then go for a super jackpot or a hard to hit shot like the right orbit is great. I also think as now more and more modes include all 3 levels it's nice to know it's not insta flying out at you while your trying to play other balls on the tip levels. I see both sides. I think we need to get staging in at some point regardless just to see how it goes over if nothing else.
Overall I would just say I have really enjoyed learning about what is important to some people in a game vs others. Like some people don't care if there are only 6 modes they just want them fun and perfectly polished. Other people don't want us to worry about perfecting until we get 15 modes in the game. Some people would rather have ball staging than a wizard mode etc. Always something to be learned.

I know the owner’s group appreciates the engagement from the Spooky creative team. Having said that, make the call. Do what’s best for the game, even at the expense of losing some fans.

I have strong opinions about where the game should be headed, but it’s your game, and your direction. Innovate, be creative, and make people sorry they sold their game for a loss.

One of my favorite quotes is attributed to Henry Ford when he was developing the automobile assembly line: “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

#3611 2 years ago

Is there any other modes besides sanitarium mode that utilizes the second play field? I can get that mode completed in one trip up there but then it seems to just make breaking glass noises and resetting drop target. I feel like the second playfield is under utilized. Or maybe I’m missing something? I’m not complaining, the game is a blast.

#3612 2 years ago

You can regain life for Laurie during house mode by hitting the targets.

#3614 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I know the owner’s group appreciates the engagement from the Spooky creative team. Having said that, make the call. Do what’s best for the game, even at the expense of losing some fans.
I have strong opinions about where the game should be headed, but it’s your game, and your direction. Innovate, be creative, and make people sorry they sold their game for a loss.
One of my favorite quotes is attributed to Henry Ford when he was developing the automobile assembly line: “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

For sure at the end of the day we always choose the path! I just enjoy hearing all sides of things. Tons or great ideas and perspectives from people. Also some bad but hey that's life lol

#3615 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The best part about programming is that you can have both. Once staging is programmed and working flawlessly, simply have an option in the menu to enable/disable the feature. Everyone can do what they want.

#3616 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

The best part about programming is that you can have both. Once staging is programmed and working flawlessly, simply have an option in the menu to enable/disable the feature. Everyone can do what they want.

My exact thoughts!

#3617 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Is there any other modes besides sanitarium mode that utilizes the second play field? I can get that mode completed in one trip up there but then it seems to just make breaking glass noises and resetting drop target. I feel like the second playfield is under utilized. Or maybe I’m missing something? I’m not complaining, the game is a blast.

This I completely agree with. I hope that in the future that they will implement it in a pumpkin mode. And hopefully can achieve asylum multiple times in a game by hitting multiple shots in a row. Bc man that playfield and mode is AMAZING

#3619 2 years ago

Staging isn't needed, it just isn't. I'd actually request Spooky not add it or if you do, make it something we can turn off. I love having the few second breaks and such that not having staging introduces. Allows me to keep up on what's going on in the game since i can't see the playfield and the screen at the same time or at least focus on both. Staging to me seems like a waste of your time at this point. Focus on bug fixes, especially the right lifter bug, and continuing to improve/expand modes.

Jeff

#3620 2 years ago

I find myself shooting for the middle playfield and letting it drain to start modes. The scoop can be a bugger.

#3621 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

I find myself shooting for the middle playfield and letting it drain to start modes. The scoop can be a bugger.

This is sounding like Dialed In all over again

#3622 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

This is sounding like Dialed In all over again

First I'm hearing of that

#3623 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

First I'm hearing of that

Quite a few were moaning about it, was the protectors causing it I think. The holes were getting mashed up without them, the phone hole in my CE wasn’t too bad and a right flipper backhand was best but the sim hole was terrible until I added something then it was much better.

#3624 2 years ago

If staging was gonna be forced, then maybe staging for left hedge side. But not needed for right side as you have to pause to read the screen anyway. And pause when there is a roving shot to see where it is for a second.

#3625 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

I'm not sure if I've EVER made the scoop on a direct shot. The only way it goes into the scoop is rebounding off something else, so I'm ALWAYS shooting for middle playfield to get to the scoop. It sucks, but this is the worst scoop I've ever seen.

#3626 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

It sucks, but this is the worst scoop I've ever seen.

Wow, that's not good to hear. Hope it's not worse than Rush with factory shitscoop

Quoted from Lostcause:

...but the sim hole was terrible until....

Ahhh gotcha the sim card shot...yeah for sure worst designed shot ever. And like Rush JJP used their own fake ass garbage Cliffy knock offs.

#3627 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm not sure if I've EVER made the scoop on a direct shot. The only way it goes into the scoop is rebounding off something else, so I'm ALWAYS shooting for middle playfield to get to the scoop. It sucks, but this is the worst scoop I've ever seen.

I hit direct scoop shot from left alot. But much more reliable to backhand from trap on right.

#3628 2 years ago

I can make my scoop shot pretty easy from the right flipper. The left flipper is maybe 20% of the time.

#3629 2 years ago

my scoop was impossible to hit with either flipper. I bent the scoop down about a quarter inch and I cut a piece of mylar that covers where the cliffy meets the playfield. I feel like the mylar is the biggest help, the cliffy was slightly bent up and caused the ball to catch air and deflect off of the scope in a bad way. Now I can hit the scoop with either flipper if the shot is centered I can sink a hard left flipper shot with ease.

#3630 2 years ago

The scoop must vary some from machine to machine. Mine is a pretty easy shot from either flipper. Left is definitely harder. From a trap isn't too bad if shot clean. On the fly is much more hit or miss, and in those cases I do tend to shoot to the asylum and let it drain in. I love that option...mostly because I adore that hidden ramp shot. So satisfying.

Backhanding the scoop from the right flipper is super easy. Almost can't miss it.

#3631 2 years ago

Any, and I mean ANY direct shot to the scoop clangs off the hood and rebounds out. Left flipper, right flipper, on the fly, trapped...it doesn't matter.

I have HWN and UM sitting next to each other, and frankly it's almost identical on both games. There are a lot of things that play surprisingly different between the 2 games (geometry-wise) but the accessibility of the scoop is pretty much non-existent on both games. Really takes away from the experience.

#3632 2 years ago

I change my response from above - I can see this. I dont have the machine yet so I cannot play it as often. Obviously we want it all but yeah modes and cough cough animations... Keep doing what your doin!

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

#3633 2 years ago

Havent read this thread at all, my blood suck with butter cab on the line right now, whats the general consensus ? Fun game?

I will now read the posts

#3634 2 years ago

Wha? They're already through all the HW CE's, or are you just referring to it as that because the "CE" was previously the "Bloodsucker"? Heh.

#3635 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wha? They're already through all the HW CE's, or are you just referring to it as that because the "CE" was previously the "Bloodsucker"? Heh.

Im not sure, mine says CE # 336
with butter cab is what I meant to say. Its on the line right now I guess.

#3636 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The scoop is a gimme backhand from the right flipper. I'd say at least 3 of every 4 tries go right in. I've changed flipper rubber twice and had success with all types. Very early flip from right flipper. If you're on the left, yes it's easier to shoot the asylum and let it drop. This is very different from DI which was a difficult backhand and even harder shot from left.

Right now the only roadblock for pumpkin modes is the relight sequence, which they've said is bugged currently... it's like 5 orbits now. Needs to be much easier.

#3637 2 years ago

I have no issues hitting the scoop with either flipper, though I do hit it more often from the left than the right.

#3638 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

I have no issues hitting the scoop with either flipper, though I do hit it more often from the left than the right.

Same here. My issue is I suck really hard at hitting that right orbit... Left, that one I can hit but damn if that right one didn't give me serious issues... Yeah, yeah I know, play better... LOL

Jeff

#3639 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Right Flipper = extra point
Left Flipper = 50 yard field goal

#3640 2 years ago

Frequent readers may remember my complaint a few pages back about the LED strips. I didn't like how they were exposed and found the light for the LEDs to be a bit piercing for my eyes.

Well I came up with a cover for the LED strips. Using a modified lens made for aluminum LED light channels, I simply attached it over the top of the strips using very thin cable ties.

The harshness of the LED direct light has been replaced by nice diffused glows. Brightness is not affected at all and I still have my LED strips turned down from the default.

The result is exactly what I was looking for.

LED_Lense_Install (resized).jpgLED_Lense_Install (resized).jpgLED_Lense_Complete (resized).jpgLED_Lense_Complete (resized).jpgPlayfield_Green (resized).jpgPlayfield_Green (resized).jpgPlayfield_Red (resized).jpgPlayfield_Red (resized).jpg
#3641 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Any, and I mean ANY direct shot to the scoop clangs off the hood and rebounds out. Left flipper, right flipper, on the fly, trapped...it doesn't matter.

I have HWN and UM sitting next to each other, and frankly it's almost identical on both games. There are a lot of things that play surprisingly different between the 2 games (geometry-wise) but the accessibility of the scoop is pretty much non-existent on both games. Really takes away from the experience.

I'm in this boat. My scoop is basically unhittable regardless which flipper. Only way it ever goes in is random rebound into it. I had a very early run of the game, maybe tweaks were done along the way? It is my biggest frustration with the game. I've tried bending the scoop eject a few times with no luck still.

#3642 2 years ago

I like the car mod. Where did you get that?

#3643 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm in this boat. My scoop is basically unhittable regardless which flipper. Only way it ever goes in is random rebound into it. I had a very early run of the game, maybe tweaks were done along the way? It is my biggest frustration with the game. I've tried bending the scoop eject a few times with no luck still.

We didn't change anything. There must be some variable because I've only ever shot 1 that I felt wasn't there. Maybe something as minute as the mylar edge? I did notice this week that I removed the mylar in front of the triple drops and it made the center ramp shoot WAY better. Sometimes it's the smallest things.

#3644 2 years ago

My scoop was initially easily made from the right flipper. Several hundred games in it now and it's NOT a gimme. I'm guessing the scoop needs to be bent down more. I've tried tweaking it a little but need to do more.

I'll have to slomo video it a few times.

#3645 2 years ago
Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

Hey all, new here and new to pinball ownership. Play a lot of locally but the family decided to surprise me with one of these for the game room since it's my favorite IP. Couple dumb questions for veterans and folks who have already gotten theirs:
How difficult is it to set up and play out of the box? Something a reasonable person can handle alone? What else do I need to know that's obvious to a veteran but a n00b will probably overlook?
Thanks!

Ok! It's arrived, it's in the house, and I'm following the setup instructions. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to release the lockdown bar. It feels like the two tabs inside should be a release for it but they won't budge. What am I missing?

#3646 2 years ago
Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

Ok! It's arrived, it's in the house, and I'm following the setup instructions. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to release the lockdown bar. It feels like the two tabs inside should be a release for it but they won't budge. What am I missing?

Pull up on each clip end.

#3647 2 years ago

got it, thanks! I was trying to make it harder than it needed to be. Now to level it and put some games in!

#3648 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Frequent readers may remember my complaint a few pages back about the LED strips. I didn't like how they were exposed and found the light for the LEDs to be a bit piercing for my eyes.
Well I came up with a cover for the LED strips. Using a modified lens made for aluminum LED light channels, I simply attached it over the top of the strips using very thin cable ties.
The harshness of the LED direct light has been replaced by nice diffused glows. Brightness is not affected at all and I still have my LED strips turned down from the default.
The result is exactly what I was looking for.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You'll want to watch that, as the diffuser is designed to work w aluminum channel - designed to keep the LED strip cool by dissipating heat as it's now covered up. Currently, the strip is simply attached to the wood and open air. You mention "modified"....it appears the same as what is offered w the channel (bendable btw)...just slides in. Curious...thx

#3649 2 years ago

Hey guys we were doing some bug testing on the new uodate and decided to film it for ya! Found a couple during that we will patch up tomorrow and be releasing soon! Some big announcements in here!

#3650 2 years ago

I'm 417 with King Pin

Definitely don't want my machine rushed

Stay steady and true...keep up the good work Spooky

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 16,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/73?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.