20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 339.
#3551 2 years ago

Just got the call from the trucking company and #209 comes home on Thursday

#3552 2 years ago
Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

Just got the call from the trucking company and #209 comes home on Thursday

#209 just now, but people in the 300s already have theirs? What gives?

#3553 2 years ago

It feels like they need to stop the adding content until they get these bugs situated.. One update just leads to another 3 problems, that seem to be compounding?

Slow down Spooky, you have time!

#3554 2 years ago

They don’t really have time though honestly. Both of these games need to be sewn up pretty quick to maintain public trust / interest. I mean…they have another game in development right now. What happens when it goes up for preorder and hits the line? There is no time or extra personnel to code three games…that’s for sure. They are expensive hires but these employees are what makes these games shine imo. I’m just waiting on that one update that makes this game a real contender. It happened with RaM at about the 6mo point. I’m guessing it’ll be 12mo this time on account of the double release. The tide is slowly turning for HWN but the UM camp seem pretty ornery about the state of code on their games. I’m rooting for a double win but I’m also a realist. Time will tell…but it’s runnin’ out quick.

Quoted from Roostking:

It feels like they need to stop the adding content until they get these bugs situated.. One update just leads to another 3 problems, that seem to be compounding?

#3555 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

They don’t really have time though honestly. Both of these games need to be sewn up pretty quick to maintain public trust / interest. I mean…they have another game in development right now. What happens when it goes up for preorder and hits the line? There is no time or extra personnel to code three games…that’s for sure. They are expensive hires but these employees are what makes these games shine imo. I’m just waiting on that one update that makes this game a real contender. It happened with RaM at about the 6mo point. I’m guessing it’ll be 12mo this time on account of the double release. The tide is slowly turning for HWN but the UM camp seem pretty ornery about the state of code on their games. I’m rooting for a double win but I’m also a realist. Time will tell…but it’s runnin’ out quick.

I hear ya, and it makes sense, but I don't want a shit ton of content added, for the sake of content If it leads to a buggy pin. If a 3rd pin is in development, at what point will they claim, all good, with issues still occuring and move on. I personally think Spooky buyers are patient and want a solid pin, not a rushed pin, based on the next pin time line. Halloween is going to make or break them I feel, as many people, myself included, went out on a limb for this.

Of course, on the other hand, some bad ass pins are coming out, or announced as we speak.

Can't wait for 920!!

#3556 2 years ago

It’s going well overall. Slow, but well. The trouble is that impatient folks are so friggin loud. Shit talking all over pinside and facebook. Spinnng all of the flipper bailout into a narrative that if spots are being sold then the game must suck. It’s honestly infuriating to watch. I have my concerns like everyone else but for F sake. These turds need a little faith and patience. Or…they need to stop screaming about a game they never intended to buy in the first place. The theme obviously isn’t for everyone but for us horror / John Carpenter nerds this is a HUGE theme we never thought would be made.

Quoted from Roostking:

I hear ya, and it makes sense, but I don't want a shit ton of content added, for the sake of content If it leads to a buggy pin. If a 3rd pin is in development, at what point will they claim, all good, with issues still occuring and move on. I personally think Spooky buyers are patient and want a solid pin, not a rushed pin, based on the next pin time line. Halloween is going to make or break them I feel, as many people, myself included, went out on a limb for this.
Of course, on the other hand, some bad ass pins are coming out, or announced as we speak.
Can't wait for 920!!

#3557 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Spent all weekend just clearing bugs! Content wise the updates are all done we are just trying to catch as many bugs as we can before we put this one out. So we are 100% on the same page with ya!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This update is pretty cool! It has some really cool additions and some things people have been asking for. I think between this one and then when 1.07 hits you will really start to see the tipping point your talking about. We have 0 issue hiring more programmers if that's what it takes to get the job done. Just have to make sure they are a good fit. Whatever we can do to get our customers happy!

#3558 2 years ago

What are the odds that most of the hate comes from those who thought they were going to be able to flip this for good money? I am not a horror fan at all and got this for the wife and kids who are.

I played it early on and can’t wait to get #481 and finally watch the movie. It’s definitely a unique pin and a real nice change from typical pins. I felt the anxious when I played it and also felt the suspense. I didn’t think Spooky could translate horror to a pin and for me they did.

The family wants to me surprised so they have not played it or seen it in person.

#3559 2 years ago

The odds are very high. We can see it with Kaneda for example (as well as a number of obvious flippers here on pinside who shall remain nameless). Once they figured out these titles weren’t gonna be good for an immediate flip they lost it and went on a jihad against Spooky. This shit is killing the joy of discovery and innovation in this hobby. Treating these games like investment or quick cash opportunities is incredibly wack. And this is coming from a guy who has never sold a game for less than he paid. There’s money to be made for operators, modders, restoration and dealers but the speculative flipping is some serious crap. Where’s the love in that? It’s just soulless capitalist bullshit.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What are the odds that most of the hate comes from those who thought they were going to be able to flip this for good money? I am not a horror fan at all and got this for the wife and kids who are.
I played it early on and can’t wait to get #481 and finally watch the movie. It’s definitely a unique pin and a real nice change from typical pins. I felt the anxious when I played it and also felt the suspense. I didn’t think Spooky could translate horror to a pin and for me they did.
The family wants to me surprised so they have not played it or seen it in person.

#3560 2 years ago

#3561 2 years ago

I’m pumped! I know it’s coming and I’ll love to watch the wave of incredible radness drown all these diaper bottomed naysayers!

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Spent all weekend just clearing bugs! Content wise the updates are all done we are just trying to catch as many bugs as we can before we put this one out. So we are 100% on the same page with ya!

This update is pretty cool! It has some really cool additions and some things people have been asking for. I think between this one and then when 1.07 hits you will really start to see the tipping point your talking about. We have 0 issue hiring more programmers if that's what it takes to get the job done. Just have to make sure they are a good fit. Whatever we can do to get our customers happy!

#3562 2 years ago

Are the newer games shipping with the knife shooter rod? #132 here and wondering if they are catching up?

#3563 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Awesome. I've played on location and cannot wait for mine!! Not trying to throw shade or doubt!

#3564 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are the newer games shipping with the knife shooter rod? #132 here and wondering if they are catching up?

Yes, my game is 242 and came with the correct shooter rod.

#3565 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Awesome. I've played on location and cannot wait for mine!! Not trying to throw shade or doubt!

Oh I know! Just wanted to let ya know we are like minded lol.

#3566 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Don't listen to people that say don't add more content as more is always better. I know yall will deliver but also understand that you will never be able to please everyone but I know that the majority of us halloween owners definitely want more content, animations, more playable pumpkin modes. My fingers are crossed for atleast 10-12 when it's all said and done bc all of my most favorite games have that. For example Stranger things, Ghostbusters, twilight zone,addams family, and Indiana Jones. In spooky we trust

#3567 2 years ago

I agree but some bugs need to be stomped so there is a balance - but I agree with you. Can’t wait to see what comes of the animations specifically if anything .

Quoted from radfordian3505:

Don't listen to people that say don't add more content as more is always better. I know yall will deliver but also understand that you will never be able to please everyone but I know that the majority of us halloween owners definitely want more content, animations, more playable pumpkin modes. My fingers are crossed for atleast 10-12 when it's all said and done bc all of my most favorite games have that. For example Stranger things, Ghostbusters, twilight zone,addams family, and Indiana Jones. In spooky we trust

#3568 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjlanham16:

#209 just now, but people in the 300s already have theirs? What gives?

It shipped a month ago, it's been a journey

#3569 2 years ago

I think everyone will be happy about the combination of new content and serious bug squashage in the new code.

#3570 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Definitely will be doing both! Right now we are trying to tie up as many bugs as possible then after we put the update out it's right back to content! We still have so much more stuff to add. There will be 8 scoop modes. 2 easy, 2 medium, 2 hard, 2 expert. Also a mini wizard style multiba mode for when you progress through atleast 3 pumpkin modes. Then a final pumpkin mode wizard mode to top it off. So 10 at the scoop currently planned (doesn't mean we couldn't add more but this is a minimum goal). Then you have the 3 main story multiball modes and there will be a wizard mode culminating the story. So 4 main modes there in addition to the 10 at the scoop. Also we have alot more to do with a combo reward system, mystery award, blood store improvements, extra ball etc.

The plan is to get 1 major mode into each update. Also we plan to go back and revisit all the older modes and improve them as well as bug squash periodically. Overall a really balanced approach.

Also still working on new animations, callouts, and UI stuff. I think there should be some big surprises in this area if we have our way. This all goes for both games!

#3571 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Definitely will be doing both! Right now we are trying to tie up as many bugs as possible then after we put the update out it's right back to content! We still have so much more stuff to add. There will be 8 scoop modes. 2 easy, 2 medium, 2 hard, 2 expert. Also a mini wizard style multiba mode for when you progress through atleast 3 pumpkin modes. Then a final pumpkin mode wizard mode to top it off. So 10 at the scoop currently planned (doesn't mean we couldn't add more but this is a minimum goal). Then you have the 3 main story multiball modes and there will be a wizard mode culminating the story. So 4 main modes there in addition to the 10 at the scoop. Also we have alot more to do with a combo reward system, mystery award, blood store improvements, extra ball etc.
The plan is to get 1 major mode into each update. Also we plan to go back and revisit all the older modes and improve them as well as bug squash periodically. Overall a really balanced approach.
Also still working on new animations, callouts, and UI stuff. I think there should be some big surprises in this area if we have our way. This all goes for both games!

Right to my veins spooky.

#3572 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Awesome thank you for telling me this. I'm so glad that I own this game and it's only gonna get better. Yall are killing it

#3573 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I think everyone will be happy about the combination of new content and serious bug squashage in the new code.

Bingo!!

#3574 2 years ago

I’ve got some work to do, tonight!
#312 has landed.

CC1306A9-D201-4BFD-A007-594E461B7A95 (resized).jpegCC1306A9-D201-4BFD-A007-594E461B7A95 (resized).jpeg
#3575 2 years ago

We are #413 anyone have an idea how long until we see it?

#3576 2 years ago

I am wondering the same thing. I am in the 380’s and haven’t heard a peep so far.

Quoted from Randyc:

#3577 2 years ago

#328 and not a peep.

#3578 2 years ago
Quoted from Randyc:

364 here direct from Spooky. Nothing yet.

#3579 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

364 here direct from Spooky. Nothing yet.

#365 so I’d expect us to both hear something in the next week or two

#3581 2 years ago

Back to playing what gets here first Halloween #328 or CCR LE. Thank you for the heads up.

#3582 2 years ago

Got 'er all setup, and still have most of my back, I think. Sheesh, that was a battle.

Only played 2 games, because I need to do all the cleaning fun, but loving it. My speech/callout volume seems WAYYYYY higher than the music volume, and main volume via audio controls inside the door, is at only 1 bar. I'll figure it out though, when I can make more noise in the house...

HW (resized).jpgHW (resized).jpg
#3583 2 years ago

#304 has come home. Loving it so far despite the top upper playfield being the most frustrating thing I’ve ever tried to shoot. Is the ball supposed to come to almost a complete stop when rolling to the flipper? I can’t tell you how many times I got up there, just for the balls momentum to die and trickle down the hole.

68C86357-340B-4803-B57F-06B1924C42E0 (resized).jpeg68C86357-340B-4803-B57F-06B1924C42E0 (resized).jpegA41D5CBF-C6CF-4E0D-BCD1-D567960C7527 (resized).jpegA41D5CBF-C6CF-4E0D-BCD1-D567960C7527 (resized).jpegFFB354E1-CA90-4791-A201-02697CDB3E83 (resized).jpegFFB354E1-CA90-4791-A201-02697CDB3E83 (resized).jpeg
#3584 2 years ago

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (45 days ago)

Maybe the pinned post by lpeters will help you out?

#3585 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

#304 has come home. Loving it so far despite the top upper playfield being the most frustrating thing I’ve ever tried to shoot. Is the ball supposed to come to almost a complete stop when rolling to the flipper? I can’t tell you how many times I got up there, just for the balls momentum to die and trickle down the hole.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you take a photo of the light up pumpkin? It looks like it may have been redesigned.

#3586 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

SpookyLuke It isn't said enough but can't thank you enough for taking the time to address things in this thread and keep people updated on status of everything. From answering individual questions to general fixes to updates on progression of code. Everyone at Spooky goes above and beyond for the community!

#3587 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

SpookyLuke It isn't said enough but can't thank you enough for taking the time to address things in this thread and keep people updated on status of everything. From answering individual questions to general fixes to updates on progression of code. Everyone at Spooky goes above and beyond for the community!

Thank you for the kind words! This community is kind enough to let us have our dream job so we are just trying to give back as much as we can!

#3588 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Can you take a photo of the light up pumpkin? It looks like it may have been redesigned.

I’m not sure what the old style was, but here is what mine looks like. It has the wires going to the right. I wrapped the wires and socket with electrical tape and a couple zip ties to keep everything in place and protected from any airballs.

A2C51494-C0AC-4B0F-9E8C-68163E141DBD (resized).jpegA2C51494-C0AC-4B0F-9E8C-68163E141DBD (resized).jpeg
#3589 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I’m not sure what the old style was, but here is what mine looks like. It has the wires going to the right. I wrapped the wires and socket with electrical tape and a couple zip ties to keep everything in place and protected from any airballs.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the photo. It is the same goofy socket. I guess it just reflected funny when you took the picture.

#3590 2 years ago

I think I saw someone say something about how to fix the three pop up targets but I can't find the post. They don't always go down when they are hit

#3591 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

I think I saw someone say something about how to fix the three pop up targets but I can't find the post. They don't always go down when they are hit

After some trial and error, here’s what worked for me: I used the existing spring and cut about 1/8” from each one. This added the right amount of tension while keeping the same spring shape.

If you plan to do this, have a few spare springs ready if it doesn’t work for you or you mess up. This is not a ‘do no harm’ mod as you’ll be cutting stuff, but spare springs are like $0.30.

#3592 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

After some trial and error, here’s what worked for me: I used the existing spring and cut about 1/8” from each one. This added the right amount of tension while keeping the same spring shape.
If you plan to do this, have a few spare springs ready if it doesn’t work for you or you mess up. This is not a ‘do no harm’ mod as you’ll be cutting stuff, but spare springs are like $0.30.

Where does one buy spare springs haha

#3594 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

I used some 10-364 springs I had previously ordered from Marco for a different game to replace the stock Spooky springs and they completely fixed the issue.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-364

#3595 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I used some 10-364 springs I had previously ordered from Marco for a different game to replace the stock Spooky springs and they completely fixed the issue.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-364

Bless ordered.

#3596 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine does the same. I believe it’s just the way it was designed. Definitely slows down the momentum.

#3597 2 years ago

Minor bug report: going into test mode and back out doesn't clear game state completely.

Specifically, I started Hedge and during the multiball the no-right-lift bug kicked in. I drained a ball and the other eventually kicked out with a ballsearch. I deliberately drained it and the game went into "hit pumpkin to restart multiball" with the 3rd ball still stuck at the right lift. Didn't want to deal with it so entered test mode and exited to reset the game. After reset, the game lifted the right ball, went to trough... I started a new game, and found the pumpkin still lit for multiball restart.

#3598 2 years ago

Might paint this dude up and stick him here.

PXL_20220223_173240939.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220223_173240939.MP (resized).jpg
#3599 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Are we going to get ball staging or not? It does not need to be added quickly it would just be nice to know if the machine is going to get it at some point or not.

#3600 2 years ago
Quoted from VancouverNinja:

Are we going to get ball staging or not? It does not need to be added quickly it would just be nice to know if the machine is going to get it at some point or not.

Definitely still plan on it. We honestly had it in once but it was so buggy we just threw it out to focus on getting content in. The hardware is all there to do it. Just will take a decent amount of time to program. I would suspect it would burn close to a month and we just badly don't want to use a month on that right now. We could add a literal whole wizard mode in the same amount of time. Programming sucks lol. I just want all the stuff in NOW.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.