Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,948 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 339.
#3501 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Turns out I was right. Now accepting apologies jdlang11

Well done lol! You were right!

#3502 2 years ago

This is what #77s looks like with playfield raised.

20220218_155432 (resized).jpg20220218_155432 (resized).jpg20220218_155509 (resized).jpg20220218_155509 (resized).jpg
#3503 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Maybe the loose connection was causing that wire to heat up?

Bad crimps and poor contact increase resistance. More resistance, more heat.

#3504 2 years ago

So for you guys and gals that have your games, how does this LED lighting look in person? When I first saw it revealed, I thought it was overkill and too much. Then there was talk it might be adjustable, but haven’t seen anything since. Or maybe it isn’t as bad/bright in person. I should be seeing my game in the next 3 weeks, just wanted to hear some opinions. Thanks

39AD7E37-E09B-43E8-AA4B-EC565E8C9BC3 (resized).jpeg39AD7E37-E09B-43E8-AA4B-EC565E8C9BC3 (resized).jpeg
#3505 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjlanham16:

So for you guys and gals that have your games, how does this LED lighting look in person? When I first saw it revealed, I thought it was overkill and too much. Then there was talk it might be adjustable, but haven’t seen anything since. Or maybe it isn’t as bad/bright in person. I should be seeing my game in the next 3 weeks, just wanted to hear some opinions. Thanks
[quoted image]

For me, the brightness is not an issue. I like the effect it provides as well. That being said, I think it looks cheaper than it should. Ecstatically, I would have preferred something else and is prob the lowlight on a really attractive package.

#3506 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjlanham16:

[quoted image]

No problem with the LED strips. The artwork and lighting makes this game stunning. Color & coordination is great (especially like the pulsing green just before multiba 'LL'). Only lighting concern I ever consider is from the surface flush white LEDs under the slings when looking at the game as a viewer (no problem as the player). Stunning game.

#3507 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjlanham16:

[quoted image]

Looks awesome in person. No issues for me. I played Halloween on location. Still waiting for 481. Awesome light show and can’t wait to see it again.

#3508 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjlanham16:

So for you guys and gals that have your games, how does this LED lighting look in person? When I first saw it revealed, I thought it was overkill and too much. Then there was talk it might be adjustable, but haven’t seen anything since. Or maybe it isn’t as bad/bright in person. I should be seeing my game in the next 3 weeks, just wanted to hear some opinions. Thanks.

Even though there is a smoky shield, it doesn't cover all of the LEDs and some of that unfiltered light can be painfully bright. I have the lights adjusted down to 3 and that helps (I like a darker game anyway). However, there are still bugs in the code where the lights reset back to their default of 10 during certain game modes. Going to the next ball or starting a new game sets the lights back to their user setting. I'm sure this will be addressed in a future code update.

Another thing I don't like about the LED strips is that they are exposed SMDs: there is no cover to hide the circuitry. To me, that suggests "prototype" or "test machine". I would much rather see those strips covered, perhaps with some kind of milky silicone cover or something (I've been looking...). Coming up with a cover would eliminate much of the glare and over-brightness. I suppose you could also then eliminate those smoky shields if you wanted to (just a thought).

#3509 2 years ago

The one smoke shield holds the sanitarium walls, can't really get rid of it.

#3510 2 years ago

Looking into it now. But just turned on my game.

No sound at all.

Also upper upper playfield flipper doesn't flip. Or does it only activate when the ball is up there?

The Amp was turned off

#3511 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Even though there is a smoky shield, it doesn't cover all of the LEDs and some of that unfiltered light can be painfully bright. I have the lights adjusted down to 3 and that helps (I like a darker game anyway). However, there are still bugs in the code where the lights reset back to their default of 10 during certain game modes. Going to the next ball or starting a new game sets the lights back to their user setting. I'm sure this will be addressed in a future code update.
Another thing I don't like about the LED strips is that they are exposed SMDs: there is no cover to hide the circuitry. To me, that suggests "prototype" or "test machine". I would much rather see those strips covered, perhaps with some kind of milky silicone cover or something (I've been looking...). Coming up with a cover would eliminate much of the glare and over-brightness. I suppose you could also then eliminate those smoky shields if you wanted to (just a thought).

Painfully bright? I think the majority would disagree with that statement. The lighting in the game is really pretty darn good out of the box. I thought those LED stirps might be an issue when I saw the promo video but seeing them in person change my mind.

#3512 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Painfully bright? I think the majority would disagree with that statement.

Ever consider that some people's eyes are more sensitive to bright light than others?

#3513 2 years ago

When your wore out from playing and it's bedtime.

20220218_224438 (resized).jpg20220218_224438 (resized).jpg
#3514 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Ever consider that some people's eyes are more sensitive to bright light than others?

I think most machines have " seizure warning" labels ( at least newer Sterns) on them.

Nothing blinding at all about these, and the effect is awesome...any game w flashers is way more intense than this....you'll want to avoid AFM....strobe multiball is quite intense on the eyes...

#3515 2 years ago

Passed 1000 games today on my machine. Really love this thing and the amazing customer service at spooky

#3516 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Sure - including mine but it isn't putting off that much light compared to some other titles out there. I think a flat screen TV puts off more. If it is a problem, you can always go to the glass shop and get a sheet made with a filter on it. I've done that before with some of my arcades. Maybe something that blocks 30% of the light.

#3517 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjlanham16:

[quoted image]

IMO it fits very well.
Zero complaints. Very satisfied HWN owner.

#3518 2 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Also upper upper playfield flipper doesn't flip. Or does it only activate when the ball is up there?

Yes, only when diverter allows ball to enter.

#3519 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Passed 1000 games today on my machine. Really love this thing and the amazing customer service at spooky

That’s 40 plays a day, every day!

#3520 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s 40 plays a day, every day!

Lol guess I got a lot of time on my hands. Only had the machine since Jan 19th

#3521 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Lol guess I got a lot of time on my hands. Only had the machine since Jan 19th

Ha, no that's great. It also likely gives Spooky some great data on long-term issues and problem areas. Play on!

#3522 2 years ago

No. 315 arrived .

Top of box was crushed with some damage to the linkage hardware on the topper and the topper slightly bent.

Box and topper protection needs improvement.

Played great reliably for 10 hours with one game reset , possibly due to line voltage . Game was plugged in with many other things.

TECH HELP NEEDED: The speaker and topper lighting are not working at all ; except the left speaker light came on mysteriously half way through the day and stayed lit green . They are not working again this morning. The tabs on the "light board" broke off when i reseated the connectors. Too fragile.

Email into to spooky about the issues.

Game plays great and i am not understanding negative reviews on gameplay . Everyone that i had over loved it .

Constructive criticism : (possibly redundant )

Pumpkin flashes like most scoops that kick out and directs your eyes away from the flippers .
Pumpkin is not lit when pumpkin is active for a mode or award.
Delay between left side scoops and ball return becomes annoying when shooting locks you have already obtained at the hedge.
Maybe add instructions like "get to the upper playfield" when the spinners are lit.
Personally i would like an option for a small shaker kick with each slingshot or a knife slashing sound
Less playfield lighting when choosing the skill shot - people had trouble seeing the light moving , especially on the drops
Mode introductions could use a little more fanfare , so to speak. Maybe fade in and out of a Michael face or quick knife slash "wipes" in and out of the sequence accompanied by a shaker punch and a jump scare style one-note shock sound.

Callouts are amazing and dark . Great work there. Lighting is also very cool

Look forward to hooking up my Woojer to this and seeing what it adds to the experience. Woojer works great with Jurassic park and Alien

Thanks Spooky team . Appreciate all of the hard work and maintaining interactivity with the community.

"Where's Waldo" (see pic)

20220218_124039 (resized).jpg20220218_124039 (resized).jpg20220218_124107 (resized).jpg20220218_124107 (resized).jpg20220218_145221 (resized).jpg20220218_145221 (resized).jpg
#3523 2 years ago

I had the same issue with the topper and speaker lights not working. Re-installing the code fixed it for me.

#3524 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

No. 315 arrived .
Top of box was crushed with some damage to the linkage hardware on the topper and the topper slightly bent.
Played great reliably for 10 hours with one game reset , possibly due to line voltage . Game was plugged in with many other things.
TECH HELP NEEDED: The speaker and topper lighting are not working at all ; except the left speaker light came on mysteriously half way through the day and stayed lit green . They are not working again this morning. The tabs on the "light board" broke off when i reseated the connectors. Too fragile.
Game plays great and i am not understanding negative reviews on gameplay . Everyone that i had over loved it .
Pumpkin flashes like most scoops that kick out and directs your eyes away from the flippers .
Delay between left side scoops and ball return becomes annoying when shooting locks you have already obtained at the hedge.
Maybe add instructions like "get to the upper playfield" when the spinners are lit.
Personally i would like an option for a small shaker kick with each slingshot or a knife slashing sound
Less playfield lighting when choosing the skill shot - people had trouble seeing the light moving , especially on the drops
Mode introductions could use a little more fanfare , so to speak. Maybe fade in and out of a Michael face or quick knife slash "wipes" in and out of the sequence accompanied by a shaker punch and a jump scare style one-note shock sound.
Look forward to hooking up my Woojer to this and seeing what it adds to the experience. Woojer works great with Jurassic park and Alien
Thanks Spooky team . Appreciate all of the hard work and maintaining interactivity with the community.
"Where's Waldo" (see pic)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great review.

Awesome Venom tapestry.

bc0566af4a8cfbc56dff14e812425462 (resized).jpegbc0566af4a8cfbc56dff14e812425462 (resized).jpeg
#3525 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Great review.
Awesome Venom tapestry.[quoted image]

Agreed and AGREED!

#3526 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

No. 315 arrived .

Is that you tucked away, hiding in that sea of green?

#3527 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

No. 315 arrived .

Are you getting the apron and beacon package for Alien?

#3528 2 years ago

Has anyone who upgraded to the IPS monitor having issues with the sound? The screen is definitely better. The picture is way more crisp. But it seems like the sub woofer does not work at all. I’ve messed with the volume settings on the amp and monitor controls volume. I contacted IPS but they don’t respond at all. The sound on mine is superior with the stock monitor.

#3529 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Are you getting the apron and beacon package for Alien?

yes , i am, in for that

Quoted from P1nhead:

Is that you tucked away, hiding in that sea of green?

with a knife! .. looks like a paste job , but i was back there

#3530 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Has anyone who upgraded to the IPS monitor having issues with the sound? The screen is definitely better. The picture is way more crisp. But it seems like the sub woofer does not work at all. I’ve messed with the volume settings on the amp and monitor controls volume. I contacted IPS but they don’t respond at all. The sound on mine is superior with the stock monitor.

No problems here. I would reseat all of the connections.

#3531 2 years ago

No comparison on image quality. The audio is "stripped" off the HDMI at the screen PCB, then sent to the power amp in cabinet base. The IPS PCB is much more " pass thru" in nature, than factory unit.

You'll want to start w turning amplifier way down, then raise coin door volume to around 50%, ensuring enough gain.

Then simply turn the main Amp volume up to desired level. Remember, that Amp supplies drive to L/R and Sub . Adjust overall volume to L/R first, then adjust the sub to your liking.

Achieved great S/N ratio, and audio is awesome....

#3532 2 years ago

What's the latest number asked for by Spooky to be payed in full ? Based on 315, looks like I should have my game by March / April at the latest.

#3533 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

What's the latest number asked for by Spooky to be payed in full ? Based on 315, looks like I should have my game by March / April at the latest.

I paid for mine in full last week #317. I use king pin in Wisconsin.

#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Does it change due to Distro or website buy? I thought i just saw someone recently that hadn't reviewed 220 from a distro?

#3535 2 years ago

Look back a few pages, this was addressed recently. Some adjustments need to be made

#3536 2 years ago

edit wrong thread

#3537 2 years ago

Will butter cab fade at all if it’s by a glass door? Doesn’t get direct sun but it’s a glass door…..never owned butter before.

#3538 2 years ago

Sunlight will fade just about anything with direct exposure.

Quoted from delt31:

Will butter cab fade at all if it’s by a glass door? Doesn’t get direct sun but it’s a glass door…..never owned butter before.

#3539 2 years ago

Yeah, it's just wonderful when the no-right-lift bug kicks in during Stalker... is there an update coming out soon? If not can we at least get a quick bugfix update so this doesn't keep happening?

#3540 2 years ago

New update coming real soon. Last I heard Bug was… bug testing.

Quoted from metallik:

Yeah, it's just wonderful when the no-right-lift bug kicks in during Stalker... is there an update coming out soon? If not can we at least get a quick bugfix update so this doesn't keep happening?

#3541 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

Agreed and AGREED!

Absolutely!

#3542 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Pretty sure we got this one. We have been playing hours upon hours trying to catch as many bugs as we can.

#3543 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Pretty sure we got this one. We have been playing hours upon hours trying to catch as many bugs as we can.

Could you guys post a list of known bugs somewhere? I hit one I hadn't seen before yesterday: Bob/Linda started during house multi-ball, and when multi-ball ended it wouldn't let me back into the house to complete the balcony shot, so there was no way to complete that mode. No sense in nagging you guys about something you already know about and maybe already fixed.

#3544 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Could you guys post a list of known bugs somewhere? I hit one I hadn't seen before yesterday: Bob/Linda started during house multi-ball, and when multi-ball ended it wouldn't let me back into the house to complete the balcony shot, so there was no way to complete that mode. No sense in nagging you guys about something you already know about and maybe already fixed.

That's a good idea. I will have to see if we can come up with the best platform for that. I think we have tried to get something like that going a couple times. Also I have certainly had that bug as well!

#3545 2 years ago

Maybe a bug reporting thread. Then simply edit the op with documented bugs and estimated code update for being addressed? Posters can simply review the initial post before reporting to see if their bug is already identified.

#3546 2 years ago

I hope the "Michael Creep" issue is addressed in the forthcoming update. It's really bad with my machine (#251) as all three Michaels are affected. They are being driven into the hedges and I find myself having to manually reset them before the start of each game.

Michael_Creep (resized).jpgMichael_Creep (resized).jpg
#3547 2 years ago

Very cool, appreciate the bug hunting. Even at this early stage, the atmosphere of Halloween is unlike any other pinball game and in a good way. You're really doing a great job capturing the horror/suspense vibe.

#3548 2 years ago

Updating the code , even though it's the same version , fixed the Speakers and Topper not lighting.

#3549 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

I hope the "Michael Creep" issue is addressed in the forthcoming update. It's really bad with my machine (#251) as all three Michaels are affected. They are being driven into the hedges and I find myself having to manually reset them before the start of each game.[quoted image]

I only have it on the top hedge so far, and it seems to reset on its own after a while. It's almost like he's taunting me because that's the shot that gives me the most trouble.

#3550 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Very cool, appreciate the bug hunting. Even at this early stage, the atmosphere of Halloween is unlike any other pinball game and in a good way. You're really doing a great job capturing the horror/suspense vibe.

Agreed.....I'm choosing to believe " Michael creep" on him drinking behind the hedges ( until they correct in code)...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 16,948 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/71?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.