IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 340.
#301 2 years ago

Man am I getting stoked for this one!!!!

I'm definitely watching HK and definitely going to like it (well, not sure about the last part). Easily amused w a decent horror flick, however.....

#302 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man am I getting stoked for this one!!!!
I'm definitely watching HK and definitely going to like it (well, not sure about the last part). Easily amused w a decent horror flick, however.....

Same here. I never listen to the critics

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just got the invoice - After some serious thought, I have decided to follow through with the sale and will get it home and play it first before I judge. I can always sell down the road if need be. I hope this game works for me.

Is it weird that this made me really happy?

#304 2 years ago

Is 8x10x20ft too big for a topper? This is kind of amazing. Maybe I’ll buy it to put in front of the restaurant when my HWN arrives.

83439E31-C381-4E2D-BB92-CD3A9C496407 (resized).png83439E31-C381-4E2D-BB92-CD3A9C496407 (resized).png
#305 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

As a huge fan of the franchise, I'm worried this will be my reaction tomorrow as well. The trailer does not inspire hope for a good movie.

why would you expect it to be? the last one was trash

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

They only work 4 days a week. I don't think they work on Fridays. Hopefully Monday for you though!

Must be nice, I have to work 24-7 to afford the game!!!

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Is it weird that this made me really happy?

Haha appreciate it. I think I made the right choice - got to get it in my home and give it some playtime before I judge. I feel like an idiot for my back and forth feelings towards this game. It’s the subways throwing me off!!! 10k is a lot of money to me and I just want to make sure I’m making the right decision. I know every single frame of the original film and I’m really hoping I love this pin. Fond memory of my dad letting me watch the original 78’ with him when I was 9yo and it scared the shit outta me. It’s been a favorite ever since and why I jumped on the presale from the get go. Shame on me for thinking of ditching it without trying it when I have such a low (and kickass) # and also when there are other fans who are further back in line waiting patiently. Fingers crossed - about a week to go.

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Haha appreciate it. I think I made the right choice - got to get it in my home and give it some playtime before I judge. I feel like an idiot for my back and forth feelings towards this game. It’s the subways throwing me off!!! 10k is a lot of money to me and I just want to make sure I’m making the right decision. I know every single frame of the original film and I’m really hoping I love this pin. Fond memory of my dad letting me watch the original 78’ with him when I was 9yo and it scared the shit outta me. It’s been a favorite ever since and why I jumped on the presale from the get go. Shame on me for thinking of ditching it without trying it when I have such a low (and kickass) # and also when there are other fans who are further back in line waiting patiently. Fingers crossed - about a week to go.

Good decision. If you don't like it, you can always sell it. It's a safe investment.

#309 2 years ago

Congratulations everyone......can't wait to see some pics of your pins....

#310 2 years ago

#52 in its home. Still missing the knife plunger

20211013_153054 (resized).jpg20211013_153054 (resized).jpg20211013_153117 (resized).jpg20211013_153117 (resized).jpg20211013_153150 (resized).jpg20211013_153150 (resized).jpg20211013_160243 (resized).jpg20211013_160243 (resized).jpg20211013_160459 (resized).jpg20211013_160459 (resized).jpg20211013_160535 (resized).jpg20211013_160535 (resized).jpg20211013_172838 (resized).jpg20211013_172838 (resized).jpg20211013_172906 (resized).jpg20211013_172906 (resized).jpg
#311 2 years ago

Great pics. Nice gaming space!

#312 2 years ago

Knife shooter Still on backorder I guess. Outstanding game room - great vibe!

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

why would you expect it to be? the last one was trash

I didnt like that the 2018 movie threw away all of Halloween II, but did think there were some redeemable parts in it. The bedroom closet scene was done well, but they even messed that part up a bit with the little kid.

#314 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet!!!!

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

I didnt like that the 2018 movie threw away all of Halloween II, but did think there were some redeemable parts in it. The bedroom closet scene was done well, but they even messed that part up a bit with the little kid.

The Halloween story ended for me with number 2, which in my opinion, is how it should be. Anything after that I don’t even remember. Halloween 3 was interesting though!

#316 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]</blockquote

Great pics!! I am really getting the urge to buy a Stranger Things. And I don’t buy Sterns because you can play them on location anywhere

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Your $ is safe my friend !

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I feel ya and I downvoted on your announcement. Not because you MUST love the game, but because you are so close and almost sold. That GNR will be for sale for awhile. And honestly, I'm not a huge Halloween fan, but Spooky just keeps getting better and better. I FOMOd for sure, but only because pins seem to hold value, so if it's not for me,I can move on without much loss. Maybe even trade for a R&M down the road.

With that said, looking forward to your honest review!

#319 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Butter cab?
Awesome gameroom!

#320 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Butter cab?
Awesome gameroom!

Not butter, and thanks

#321 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

It shoots well and has a great light show. I really think you will like it. The subway doesn't bother me as I am usually trying to figure out what to shoot for next and miss the ball.

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Not butter, and thanks

Is that the CE powder? I thought that was the BSE powder?

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Not butter, and thanks

Thanks, that looks great. Now I'm not sure again lol

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Is that the CE powder? I thought that was the BSE powder?

That's CE

#325 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Did you go butter?

#326 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I feel ya and I downvoted on your announcement. Not because you MUST love the game, but because you are so close and almost sold. That GNR will be for sale for awhile. And honestly, I'm not a huge Halloween fan, but Spooky just keeps getting better and better. I FOMOd for sure, but only because pins seem to hold value, so if it's not for me,I can move on without much loss. Maybe even trade for a R&M down the road.
With that said, looking forward to your honest review!

GNR is horrible. Played it again today at my local arcade. On looks it’s worth the money, but playing it definitely not worth it. Halloween all the way and I have not watched the movie yet, but I will. Born in 1971. Was never a horror fan but my wife and daughters are and want this pin. I am really excited for it. #481

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

GNR is horrible. Played it again today at my local arcade. On looks it’s worth the money, but playing it definitely not worth it

Totally disagree with you, GNR is fantastic once you KNOW and have the understanding what your doing. You cannot possibly see that in just a few bucks in game plays. However not every game with different styles of play is for everyone, with that said I'm also stoked while waiting on my HWN CE as I'm getting closer everyday.

#328 2 years ago

Got my mat and blanket today! Will just need to wait a while!

0C636DF9-5B1A-4AF8-93DB-6B2E2E233563 (resized).jpeg0C636DF9-5B1A-4AF8-93DB-6B2E2E233563 (resized).jpeg
#329 2 years ago

Saw the armor powder coating failure on HWN. Was wondering if anyone knew if that would be a failure due to gold color, or a powdercoat brand failure? I wanted to get some rails powder coated on something else, should there be anything to steer clear of? I always thought powdercoat meant nearly indestructible. Or should it just always be clear coated and that is always the solution?

I wonder how long that set back will delay machines (if at all?)

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Saw the armor powder coating failure on HWN.

I had my LOTR powdercoated in the same kind of gold vien color by Robert Stone and after a while saw the same effects, the oil from my hands was discoloring the finish. Nothing will get it off and I tried everything. Luckily Robert is really cool and I had to remove the armor and send it back to him to strip and redo and he clear coated it. Once I got it back it completely solved the problem. I'm guessing Spooky haven't clear coated the armor and that is exactly what is happening here. Spooky if you're listening you need to at least clearcoat the lockdown bar and the rails.

#331 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I had my LOTR powdercoated in the same kind of gold vien color by Robert Stone and after a while saw the same effects, the oil from my hands was discoloring the finish. Nothing will get it off and I tried everything. Luckily Robert is really cool and I had to remove the armor and send it back to him to strip and redo and he clear coated it. Once I got it back it completely solved the problem. I'm guessing Spooky haven't clear coated the armor and that is exactly what is happening here. Spooky if you're listening you need to at least clearcoat the lockdown bar and the rails.

My game is one of two that had this problem before they cleared them. All going out know should be good, as I understand it.

#332 2 years ago

This can be fix right? just Glad Spooky's is the best responding!

20211016_112431 (resized).jpg20211016_112431 (resized).jpg20211016_112601 (resized).jpg20211016_112601 (resized).jpg
#333 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Get ahold of Luke. He’ll take care of you.

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Did it get burned?

#335 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did it get burned?

It’s some weird reaction of the metals in the flake and your hand moisture/oils. Clearing takes care of it. I think Spooky caught it early. Just get ahold of Luke. You’ll be taken care of. Spooky is the best at responding to things like this.

#336 2 years ago

Oh wow, that's super strange. Maybe it's just that all veined powdercoat we've seen before has had a thin clear on it as well? I didn't realize that was a thing with that type of powder. Wonder if any of the early UM's have had that as well.

Just found this on Prismatic's site on one of their vein powders......useful to know for anyone contemplating having some rando powder shop do their trim!

powder (resized).pngpowder (resized).png
#337 2 years ago

My powder on ACNC is doing the same thing. That's why I went with the BSE because didnt have the vein powder.

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My powder on ACNC is doing the same thing. That's why I went with the BSE because didnt have the vein powder.

The blue/purple? That’s bizarre.

#339 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

The blue/purple? That’s bizarre.

No the grey vein powder.

#340 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

No the grey vein powder.

Ah. Still, a bummer.

#341 2 years ago

That's weird. My ACNC grey vein still looks brand new.

#342 2 years ago

My RZSI was at pincinnati and its lockbar looks like that halloween one now, discolored at the corners. Wonder if Halloween bar would fit as a replacement? Did they switch to latches now?

#343 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

My RZSI was at pincinnati and its lockbar looks like that halloween one now, discolored at the corners. Wonder if Halloween bar would fit as a replacement? Did they switch to latches now?

Latches not the lateral lock. I now have an extra Halloween lock bar. Actually, I have a lateral lockbar from AMH original vein…got the white as replacement. Let me know if you want me to send them…just will be shipping.

#344 2 years ago

Appreciate that, but RZ uses the lateral lock, so don't think they'd fit. I'll check w Spooky on ordering a cleared replacement for RZ. My Halloween is early 200s so I figure its lockdown bar will be cleared.

#345 2 years ago

Wow - I just watched Halloween Kills and It is awful. I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist. Thank the pinball Gods that Spooky only got rights to the original.

#346 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Totally disagree with you, GNR is fantastic once you KNOW and have the understanding what your doing. You cannot possibly see that in just a few bucks in game plays. However not every game with different styles of play is for everyone, with that said I'm also stoked while waiting on my HWN CE as I'm getting closer everyday.

Agree to disagree. The flippers are weak, and it was just not fun. When the price tag is north oh $10k you have certain expectations. My daughters did nit like it either. Played AIQ and I didn’t know what was going on and I bought a pro. Bought it because it’s fun as hell. GNR is not all that fun. JP3, each time I play it I love it more and a getting one. Played GNR about 10 times and still don’t care for it. I personally do not know anyone who likes it.

#347 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

No the grey vein powder.

Quoted from joetechbob:

That's weird. My ACNC grey vein still looks brand new.

Gonna have to look at mine I'll take a pic tonight and post.

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Wow - I just watched Halloween Kills and It is awful. I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist. Thank the pinball Gods that Spooky only got rights to the original.

Say what? Movie was incredible. Very realistic. Great acting.

#349 2 years ago

Deleted. I’ll go over to the hype thread to discuss the film. My apologies.

#350 2 years ago

Spooky posted this video on Instragram tonight and said a new addition to their building gives them “the ability to greatly increase their numbers so you guys get games faster”.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVMMoANoqZV/?utm_medium=copy_link

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.