IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 339.
#3301 2 years ago

And wait and wait and wait …… (Neopren )

1A3C9D46-24F6-4025-BA51-3D64AB347BCE (resized).jpeg1A3C9D46-24F6-4025-BA51-3D64AB347BCE (resized).jpeg
#3302 2 years ago

Where can I get that? Got a link?

#3303 2 years ago

Looks like we’re entering the “POWDERGATE” portion of this journey.

Quoted from SpaceFury:

I have the same thing going on but mine is on the coin door. It looks pretty bad at certain angles .
[quoted image]

#3304 2 years ago

Very funny spooky.

IMG_20220209_140259.jpgIMG_20220209_140259.jpg
#3305 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Very funny spooky.[quoted image]

I'm actually bummed my game has the "fixed" insert... I thought the original was funny and still don't see why anyone cares.

Jeff

#3306 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Very funny spooky.[quoted image]

Is your hedge 2 insert pooched already?

#3307 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Looks like blood spatter effect

#3308 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

No it's the "multiba ll" insert. was told it would be fixed and they were giving the option to take delivery and live with it or wait until the new corrected playfield hit the line. I chose to wait it out (though I was early, #68).

The above is an example of great customer service and good insight (they didn't just change the playfield for me, the voices had to be numerous enough and they also had to realize it looks bad to most).

New playfields came in and I was invoiced, being told I would have the corrected playfield. This was sent instead.

I've been given the option to ship it back. I'm going to pay the extra grand for a butter cabinet, decal work is sloppy. Can't really screw up UV printing and clear coating... well, I hope they wouldn't for another $1000 in their pockets.

IMG_20220209_222021.jpgIMG_20220209_222021.jpgIMG_20220209_222110.jpgIMG_20220209_222110.jpgIMG_20220209_222153.jpgIMG_20220209_222153.jpgIMG_20220209_222729__01.jpgIMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg
#3309 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I'm going to pay the extra grand for a butter cabinet.. ..$1000..

That's just over $1500 Canadian and I decided late to add it, you know... to make it the same as our ACNC with butter. That's essentially two whole other pins only a few years back. Totally optional but damn, twice we bit that bullet. It's gorgeous though and Spooky does a great job in special wrapping these up.

#3310 2 years ago

Got my Halloween today. This game is insanely good. Looks way better in person. I'm so impressed with it. Spooky games are definitely my favorite. I can't wait to see what's next.

#3311 2 years ago

While it seems like I might be super negative about the insert... I have great things to say about the game:

the layout of this is unique (and in a very positive way), there are an abundance of satisfying shots, the mixture of paced shots and frantic flipping (due to the speed of the game at times) keeps you guessing, and the overall package/artwork is gorgeous.

The feel of this game is a homerun.

#3312 2 years ago

Good to see this - I see a lot of your posts and FS in Ohio can’t wait to get mine

Quoted from Deez:

Got my Halloween today. This game is insanely good. Looks way better in person. I'm so impressed with it. Spooky games are definitely my favorite. I can't wait to see what's next.

#3313 2 years ago

I'll post this here in case nobody reads the hype thread anymore...

I just spent the whole night saying just one more game. Now I get to sleep for 4 hours before I go to work and do it all over again.

Sanitarium mode - turn up that bass!

Butt pretzel? Probably one of the best shots in a of pinball, 5 minutes past ripping those spinners and I didn't even realize it.

Spooky purposefully designed this game with SPEED and strategically placed stops in play for a reason. Who knew pinball could make you feel suspense and the sensation of being chased (and surprised around every corner).

The unique mechanisms and engineering that went into this deserves massive amounts of respect.

The out of the box design for this layout is noteworthy, not just stacking playfields but that each have form, function and a purpose that evokes emotion other than rage (I've not felt dread in a pinball machine before and this does it with the pacing).

The music is great. The PJ Soles callouts, eh. Donald Pleasance impersonator, bravo! Don't care what anyone says, I love it.

Got a multiball at end of some Laurie mode, juggle three on the main playfield and one in the house ripping spinners then hitting the super jackpot... I felt like I really earned it and so did Loomis.

#3314 2 years ago

To the above comments I would also like to add that this design team (Bug & Luke etc. )might be young in age but to come out of the gates with this game is absolutely mind blowing. These dudes are in their early 20s and have managed to design a unique layout with a unique ruleset (even though it’s early) on two concurrent games.

Just think about what the future holds for these guys. SpookyCharlie should be out of his mind proud of his team.

#3315 2 years ago

I heard some peeps did something with the gamma on the screen? How does one fix that?

#3316 2 years ago

The search function is your friend.

Quoted from McIntyre905:

I heard some peeps did something with the gamma on the screen? How does one fix that?

#3318 2 years ago

Halloween 303 is paid for, and I’m told I’ll take delivery in March!

#3319 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

This setting was suggested on Rick & Morty and it helped tremendously, 85 Contrast, 25 Brightness, and Gamma On. The settings are on the back of the lcd.

#3320 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

This setting was suggested on Rick & Morty and it helped tremendously, 85 Contrast, 25 Brightness, and Gamma On. The settings are on the back of the lcd.

Thank you I appreciate it

#3321 2 years ago

#293 CE being delivered today. unfortunately I will not be able to unbox it until May/June when we complete our move to CO. Still a newb to ownership and this is my first game in collection. based on lurking in the forum for months, I am excited to get this game set up and plays on it as soon as possible. Don't know why I didn't find pinside sooner in life, but certainly glad I did and it led me to Spooky!

#3322 2 years ago

Send it to me and take my #690

Quoted from deadend88:

#293 CE being delivered today. unfortunately I will not be able to unbox it until May/June when we complete our move to CO. Still a newb to ownership and this is my first game in collection. based on lurking in the forum for months, I am excited to get this game set up and plays on it as soon as possible. Don't know why I didn't find pinside sooner in life, but certainly glad I did and it led me to Spooky!

#3323 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I see the fingerprints on yours too. Were they always there or showed up afterwards?

I did not notice them when I first unboxed the pin. They seem to be getting more visible with time.

#3324 2 years ago

I finally installed 10-364 springs in the center drop targets to fix the rejected hits. Well, the new springs were too powerful and the drop targets wouldn’t fully engage back up. I tried to loosen the new springs a bit, but that didn’t work either.

What I wound up doing was snipping about 1/8” from the old springs to keep the diameter but increase tension slightly.

So far, this seems to work. Drops go down when hit, pop back up after each ball, etc. YMMV

#3325 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

And wait and wait and wait …… (Neopren )
[quoted image]

I am trying to determine if this is a neoprene runner or a pinball game cover. It looks like the company is in France. Any other information? Definitely interested.

#3326 2 years ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

I am trying to determine if this is a neoprene runner or a pinball game cover. It looks like the company is in France. Any other information? Definitely interested.

Pinball game cover..... Good size i think.
It fits the Rick and Morty exactly....

#3327 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Quoted from Svente69:

Thank you. Have found an email address and will be connecting for Deadpool and Halloween covers. Looks great.

#3328 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Just received CE #251 and working on getting everything dialed in.
Is there a way to adjust the three Michaels on the left side of the playfield so they all align?

Looks like they can be adjusted

Quoted from SpaceFury:

I did not notice them when I first unboxed the pin. They seem to be getting more visible with time.

Mine had footprints on the inside of the black back cabinet when I lifted the play field for maintenance. Someone walked on the inside of mine hahaha, must have been a spooky ghost.

#3329 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

Looks like they can be adjusted

Mine had footprints on the inside of the black back cabinet when I lifted the play field for maintenance. Someone walked on the inside of mine hahaha, must have been a spooky ghost.

So did #199 but my HW78 has been in really excellent build condition: Thankfully no problem with cabinet decals, fingerprints, sawdust or left over lunch meat! Love the game - but I still play #RAM twice as many times before going to HW78, these games just draw you in and always back for more!

#3330 2 years ago

264 in the house!!! Beautiful Game!!!

Only got a few in tonight, but tomorrow is dial in bourbon night....too excited!!

20220210_190604 (resized).jpg20220210_190604 (resized).jpg

#3331 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

264 in the house!!! Beautiful Game!!!
Only got a few in tonight, but tomorrow is dial in bourbon night....too excited!!
[quoted image]

Congrats! Is your topper broken or just a bad angle

#3332 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Mine had extra pumpkin topper pieces in the coin box that had to be installed.
Looks like those aren’t installed yet to me. Takes 5 seconds.

#3333 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Not broken....I'm a miserable photographer ( as many have pointed out in the past, lol)

20220210_202546 (resized).jpg20220210_202546 (resized).jpg20220210_202555 (resized).jpg20220210_202555 (resized).jpg
#3334 2 years ago

There's more pumpkin pieces in the cashbox.

#3335 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

There is a big freakin' sticker on the cashbox letting you know the topper pieces are inside too! lol

#3336 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

And so it is....I put in the disclaimer that I haven't dialed it in yet...

20220210_202944 (resized).jpg20220210_202944 (resized).jpg20220210_202949 (resized).jpg20220210_202949 (resized).jpg

#3337 2 years ago

Embrace your
Doh!
Moment.

#3338 2 years ago
Quoted from SpaceFury:

"Blushing (sometimes also called telegraphing) is when a substance pulls through the coating from the substrate, discoloring the finish. You’ll probably notice that you'll have one spot where it's perfectly fine, and then you'll have another area that you'll see this blushing or telegraphing. These marred sections can be large, small, and anything in between. This is caused by a number of factors, the most common being an improper pretreat. Anything on the surface, from the ink of a marker to the residue left behind from stickers and stamps, can telegraph through the coating. Another factor that can cause blushing is aluminum oxidation. If your coating is light in color, these marks will show through starkly, and if that's the case, the coating won’t be the only thing blushing!

The key to preventing blushing is to keep a close eye on your pretreatment process. If you are working on an aluminum substrate, you need to sand the oxidization away, and if there are any marks (like writing) still on any substrate after a pretreat you will need to go in and grind it down – plus another pretreat - to prepare the newly bared surface. However, if your pretreat system uses zirconium, don’t go bonkers with it. Otherwise, you may end up with flash rust, which can also cause blushing."

#3339 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And so it is....I put in the disclaimer that I haven't dialed it in yet...
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks better! Haha

#3340 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Embrace your
Doh!
Moment.

Nah...I would have found them tomorrow evening when I pop the top and start checking things out...my. back still hurts from getting it in place ( but now I'll put the damn thing on ... guilt trip)..

#3341 2 years ago

Ok, ok....

20220210_203724 (resized).jpg20220210_203724 (resized).jpg20220210_203730 (resized).jpg20220210_203730 (resized).jpg20220210_203743 (resized).jpg20220210_203743 (resized).jpg
#3342 2 years ago

Halloween has the most underrated topper in some time. Not enough talk about it in general but it is bad ass. Absolutely love how the topper has the name of the game while the translite doesn't.

I can't wait for this entire "hate halloween movement" to flip back around and people kick themselves for selling at a loss. Only 1250 pinball machines made of the best scary movie of all time. A genre we NEVER see in pinball anymore on top of that. Anyone who refers to the shape as "Mike" myers has absolutely no idea what they're talking about when it comes to halloween. Anyone that plays this game without bias comes away satisfied and I will continue to support it and happy to defend it with some real points.

Funny how games like GnR - with basically no toys is still magical b/c it creates an "atmosphere" yet Halloween can't do the same thing? And I own both. It's just funny how these stories spin out of control and people actual listen to them without playing it. Oh - a tournament player agrees as well? Garbage. People - play the game yourself, in a setting you can appreciate the mood this game sets (which is very unique compared to the other offerings out there) and make your own mind up.

#3343 2 years ago

The guy is just pissed cause he bought both games with the intention to quick flip when he ought to have know full well that the code would take twice as long as they are working on two games. What a rude friggin’ stooge…took his ball and went home with piss in his pants. Guy won’t let it go. He’s got to ruin it for everyone.

Quoted from delt31:

Halloween has the most underrated topper in some time. Not enough talk about it in general but it is bad ass. Absolutely love how the topper has the name of the game while the translite doesn't.
I can't wait for this entire "hate halloween movement" to flip back around and people kick themselves for selling at a loss. Only 1250 pinball machines made of the best scary movie of all time. A genre we NEVER see in pinball anymore on top of that. I texted chris (kaneda) that anyone who refers to the shape as "Mike" myers has absolutely no idea what they're talking about when it comes to halloween. He gets it too. It's just the next thing to focus on. Anyone that plays this game without bias comes away very happy and I will continue to support it.

#3344 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The guy is just pissed cause he bought both games with the intention to quick flip when he ought to have know full well that the code would take twice as long as they are working on two games. What a rude friggin’ stooge…took his ball and went home with piss in his pants. Guy won’t let it go. He’s got to ruin it for everyone.

That could very well be the case but imo, it's not that malicious. It's good content for the show and he does like to surface inperfections but with his limited play time and complete lack of understanding of why halloween works as a movie and now a pinball machine, he's off to the races and not turning back.

The mindset you have when playing halloween is not the same as godzilla (another game I own). These are two different pins. Halloween has its own style and tempo and mood and you name it. The game is very unique and is truly a collectors pin - not a tournament player that is all about fast combos and scoring while you rock out to your own music. It's completely the opposite of that so I can understand why someone who has no appreciation for the movie doesn't like it and also why the tournament players don't care for it either.

#3345 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

You may have got Michael's muddy footprints in yours, but I got his black sharpie heart to match his eyes. Crafted with spooky love
20220209_221209 (resized).jpg20220209_221209 (resized).jpg

#3346 2 years ago

I love all sorts of different gameplay styles for sure. The only thing I really hope for is that I am engaged, there are numerous strategical ways to approach gameplay and it has depth to keep me coming back in an effort to play for completion. I think opinions on HWN/UM will end up something like TSPP. Those who are open to having a unique experience will love it and those who never took the time to LEARN the game just won’t ever “get it”

Quoted from delt31:

That could very well be the case but imo, it's not that malicious. It's good content for the show and he does like to surface inperfections but with his limited play time and complete lack of understanding of why halloween works as a movie and now a pinball machine, he's off to the races and not turning back.
The mindset you have when playing halloween is not the same as godzilla (another game I own). These are two different pins. Halloween has its own style and tempo and mood and you name it. The game is very unique and is truly a collectors pin - not a tournament player that is all about fast combos and scoring while you rock out to your own music. It's completely the opposite of that so I can understand not only why someone who has no appreciation for the movie doesn't like it and also why the tournament players don't care for it either.
But guess what? They're only 1250 of these gems so we don't need the entire hobby to love it.

#3347 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok, ok....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from delt31:

I can't wait for this entire "hate halloween movement" to flip back around and people kick themselves for selling at a loss. Only 1250 pinball machines made of the best scary movie of all time. A genre we NEVER see in pinball anymore on top of that. Anyone who refers to the shape as "Mike" myers has absolutely no idea what they're talking about when it comes to halloween. Anyone that plays this game without bias comes away satisfied and I will continue to support it and happy to defend it with some real points.
Funny how games like GnR - with basically no toys is still magical b/c it creates an "atmosphere" yet Halloween can't do the same thing? And I own both. It's just funny how these stories spin out of control and people actual listen to them without playing it. Oh - a tournament player agrees as well? Garbage. People - play the game yourself, in a setting you can appreciate the mood this game sets (which is widely unique compared to the other offerings out there) and make your own mind up.

Well said…

#3348 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Funny how games like GnR - with basically no toys is still magical b/c it creates an "atmosphere" yet Halloween can't do the same thing? And I own both. It's just funny how these stories spin out of control and people actual listen to them without playing it. Oh - a tournament player agrees as well? Garbage. People - play the game yourself, in a setting you can appreciate the mood this game sets (which is widely unique compared to the other offerings out there) and make your own mind up.

This is definitely going to happen. These games are going to be so collectible because Spooky is very slow but they perfect their shit.

#3349 2 years ago

Even at this point in the code I think this is where this game shines. You can instantly engage, Judith meyers, sanatarium, hedge multiball or house mode all while collecting blood and drops to start pumpkin modes. All of these modes stack in different ways, it was a good way to start coding the game imo because it creates depth that doesn’t really need Polish to remain interesting.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I love all sorts of different gameplay styles for sure. The only thing I really hope for is that I am engaged, there are numerous strategical ways to approach gameplay and it has depth to keep me coming back in an effort to play for completion. I think opinions on HWN/UM will end up something like TSPP. Those who are open to having a unique experience will love it and those who never took the time to LEARN the game just won’t ever “get it”

#3350 2 years ago

I really hope the decal issues get fixed. That was my main hesitation on buying a second Spooky game. The trim on my Rick and Morty back box was cut to long and has bubbles. The decal on my right side came with scratches and dirt under the decal. Spooky still hasn’t sent me a replacement decal for the right side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/67?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.