IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png
IMG_4275 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 339.
#3201 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

That looks really clean. Nice job! For those who want to do the same, I'd just recommend using PETG for the plastic base. I think most people would assume acrylic would be the go-to material, but acrylic will crack easily. PETG is what plastic ramps are typically made out of, and is much more robust. Polycarbonate might work too, but I think PETG is the safer bet.

Thanks for the kind words. I used Lexan (polycarbonate) for the base and used the same mounting hole that the factory used for the socket. I was told by Spooky tech support a couple months ago that a fix for the exposed socket was in the works. Any word on what that will?

#3202 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Hey Spooky guys,
Here's a reminder of an older entry,
which has been lost (update announcement):
in the German pinball forum we are currently creating a current pinball quartet together.
This is the second post about this!
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/flipper-quartett-2022-bestell-threat-unbindlich-zur-abschaetzung-der-ditional-height.243832/
In the field of current pinball, Halloween has also been chosen. Unfortunately there are no devices in Germany yet.
We need a photo of the flipper switched on (without glass) but with the lockbar in good resolution.
And the same again only from the playfield.
It would be nice if you take some photos and upload them here:
https://nextcloud.pkg.logoip.de/index.php/s/RErmaZm8HcbecG8
Please save under category V1-V4 with the name V2 - Halloween.
The image rights to the photos are transferred to the creator of the quartet (Patrick Neukäter) through the upload, but exclusively for use in the pinball quartet 2022!
Of course I'll post a photo of the finished card afterwards .
I guess the manufacturer also delivers to other countries.....
Thank you in advance……

I realize there is a language barrier here, but I have no idea what you are talking about. What is a "current pinball quartet"? What are you using these photos you are requesting for? Being you mentioned image rights transferring, is this something you are selling and will be profiting off of other people's photos?

#3203 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thanks for sharing. I also have the pinrestore rivet press with the long and short rivet/press bit sets. Did you augment/modify or add something else? Just curious.

Not on Halloween. I’ve made a bunch of stuff for other pins. Or made new parts for games that parts are no longer available for.

#3204 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Looks great! Would you you be open to making another one and selling it to me?

Not really interested starting a mod business, but if you sent me the materials I could assemble them for you no charge. Sourcing a vintage butcher knife that suits you is probably the hardest part. I ordered that knife really early on because I knew my wife wanted it.

#3205 2 years ago

Good morning/afternoon/evening fellow Halloween owners!
Last night I was partaking in several games on my machine when suddenly the LED strip and the left red/green target light in the sanitarium level went out. I went through the lighting test, no luck. I reset every connector, nothing. I did continuity tests on the jumper harnesses and they all checked out. Any ideas or suggestions as to what direction I should go next? Any advice would be appreciated.

#3206 2 years ago

May I ask - what is the size of that blade/knife? Thanks

Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Not really interested starting a mod business, but if you sent me the materials I could assemble them for you no charge. Sourcing a vintage butcher knife that suits you is probably the hardest part. I ordered that knife really early on because I knew my wife wanted it.

#3207 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

May I ask - what is the size of that blade/knife? Thanks

12"

#3208 2 years ago

Lifted my playfield for the first time. Have about 70 plays now, pumpkin seems to not be registering often during or after multiball, ball search eventually gives ball back, what's the purpose of the caster wheels on the back? They don't line up with the rails when playfield is up or anything

IMG_20220206_131903 (resized).jpgIMG_20220206_131903 (resized).jpgIMG_20220206_132203 (resized).jpgIMG_20220206_132203 (resized).jpg
#3209 2 years ago

Anyone put the IPS screen upgrade in this game yet?

Just added to my R&M and major difference!!!

My game arrives tomorrow and wondering if the difference is that noticeable on this one?...thx

#3210 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Lifted my playfield for the first time. Have about 70 plays now, pumpkin seems to not be registering often during or after multiball, ball search eventually gives ball back, what's the purpose of the caster wheels on the back? They don't line up with the rails when playfield is up or anything
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine has been doing this.

Is that similar to your pumpkin issue?

#3211 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Anyone put the IPS screen upgrade in this game yet?
Just added to my R&M and major difference!!!
My game arrives tomorrow and wondering if the difference is that noticeable on this one?...thx

I did it due to all the darkness and being tall. Well worth it IMO. Original is shown with stock settings, could be made better by tweaking settings as shown by Dnapac's adjustments.

Original stock with factory settings:20211110_145855 (resized).jpg20211110_145855 (resized).jpg
dnapac stock with altered settings:
ed7df8a758321789e233e946fa4c3aa3d5a969d4 (resized).jpged7df8a758321789e233e946fa4c3aa3d5a969d4 (resized).jpg
My IPS with factory IPS settings:20211110_193027 (resized).jpg20211110_193027 (resized).jpg

#3212 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I did it due to all the darkness and being tall. Well worth it IMO. Original is shown with stock settings, could be made better by tweaking settings.

How hard are these to install. I'm a noob lol

#3213 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

How hard are these to install. I'm a noob lol

See the IPS thread, I did some write up info. Not hard, but the ribbon cables can be finnicky

#3214 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Not hard, but the ribbon cables can be finnicky

Agreed....a little tweaking and everything pretty straightforward. Such an upgrade over original, think I've gotta pull the trigger on this one too.

#3215 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I did it due to all the darkness and being tall. Well worth it IMO. Original is shown with stock settings, could be made better by tweaking settings.

Good grief....dramatic difference!!

#3216 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I realize there is a language barrier here, but I have no idea what you are talking about. What is a "current pinball quartet"? What are you using these photos you are requesting for? Being you mentioned image rights transferring, is this something you are selling and will be profiting off of other people's photos?

Yes, my German is better then my english…

Please have a look here:

https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/flipper-quartett-2022-bestell-threat-unbindlich-zur-abschaetzung-der-ditional-height.243832/

Edition currently almost 700 pieces.

The quartet is a card game.
It is offered in the German forum at the manufacturing price.
Many participate and collect data, agree on which pinball machine should go in and also take photos.
The renunciation of image rights is such a German law.
The Halloween pinball machine does not yet exist in Germany.

Here's an example:

72A11772-A00A-4FA5-A0DF-AA5868598B49 (resized).jpeg72A11772-A00A-4FA5-A0DF-AA5868598B49 (resized).jpeg
#3217 2 years ago

Could someone post a link for the IPS upgrade? Thanks!

#3219 2 years ago

What is the height of the machine with and without the topper? I have low ceilings and am expecting #308 to be ready pretty soon.....thanks

#3220 2 years ago

Gonna need about 90”

Quoted from Bucknut3000:

What is the height of the machine with and without the topper? I have low ceilings and am expecting #308 to be ready pretty soon.....thanks

#3221 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

I have the same issue with the pumpkin not registering during multiball. It only happens when I put multiple balls down the pumpkin in rapid succession. After or next ball it seems to work fine. It’s like it forgets how many balls are there.

#3222 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:Mine has been doing this.
Is that similar to your pumpkin issue?

Mine does a similar thing but seems to be only when the scoop blood drop is flashing blue.

#3223 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Gonna need about 90”

Thanks Lopa

#3224 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I did it due to all the darkness and being tall. Well worth it IMO. Original is shown with stock settings, could be made better by tweaking settings as shown by Dnapac's adjustments.
Original stock with factory settings:[quoted image]
dnapac stock with altered settings:
[quoted image]
My IPS with factory IPS settings:[quoted image]

Where can I find dnapac stock with altered settings? Thanks

#3225 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

Where can I find dnapac stock with altered settings? Thanks

He is the op of this thread. He had said to drop the Brightness and increase the contrast to 100%.

#3226 2 years ago

I think I may have receive a lemon. I've been working with support but at this point, I'm just flat out exhausted. I'm a brewery owner with this installed in my taproom so I'm unable to troubleshoot to the level that support would like. Below is a list of my many issues thus far.

1.My right bottom flipper continues to get screwed along with the lower right sling and a few other items. The same fuse on the board continues to blow. Service seemed to think it ok to fuse up from 3A SB to 5A SB but it continues to blow. Replaced the fuse over a dozen times. Support thought a coil might be stuck but I cant see how changing the fuse would "unstick" a coil.
2. The game randomly reboots itself when idle
3. The topper knife came with no set screw
4. there is no back rail slide down for the coin box (where the back metal lid slides down over the metal u clamp) so no way to maintain it's position. It constantly moves which ends up causing coin jams
5. I'm having the same pumpkin issue in multiball mode as others have mentioned.
6. In non multiball mode, the ball gets stuck in the pumpkin. Support told me to try and manually adjust the drop out ramp underneath but the problem persists on random occasions
7. My machine now smells like burning plastic and the bottom right flipper is completely dead though the fuse is not blown. The machine is now officially useless after only two weeks.

#3227 2 years ago
Quoted from jailbreakjustin:

I think I may have receive a lemon. I've been working with support but at this point, I'm just flat out exhausted. I'm a brewery owner with this installed in my taproom so I'm unable to troubleshoot to the level that support would like. Below is a list of my many issues thus far.
1.My right bottom flipper continues to get screwed along with the lower right sling and a few other items. The same fuse on the board continues to blow. Service seemed to think it ok to fuse up from 3A SB to 5A SB but it continues to blow. Replaced the fuse over a dozen times. Support thought a coil might be stuck but I cant see how changing the fuse would "unstick" a coil.
2. The game randomly reboots itself when idle
3. The topper knife came with no set screw
4. there is no back rail slide down for the coin box (where the back metal lid slides down over the metal u clamp) so no way to maintain it's position. It constantly moves which ends up causing coin jams
5. I'm having the same pumpkin issue in multiball mode as others have mentioned.
6. In non multiball mode, the ball gets stuck in the pumpkin. Support told me to try and manually adjust the drop out ramp underneath but the problem persists on random occasions
7. My machine now smells like burning plastic and the bottom right flipper is completely dead though the fuse is not blown. The machine is now officially useless after only two weeks.

If you have to replace the fuse more than once there is another issue. I would not continue to replace until you can find what the issue is. Could be as simple as a coil wire poorly soldered or touching something metal. Why don't you send me an email [email protected] and I can try to video call with you tomorrow and find the issue. Should never just keep adding fuses 12+ times.

I'm going to guess the pumpkin scoop ball not coming out issue is a code bug as I see multiple people have it.

#3228 2 years ago

This sounds like multiple problems for sure. Not sure if this will help. Check the right flipper button in switch test. You should see switch 80 and 82 when pressing the flipper button. I had a dead right flipper and found that this switch was not making up. I disconnected the connector at the Pinotaur for that set of switches and reseated. My right flipper started working and the problem has not returned. If the coil is shorted the fuse should continue to fail. Inspect the wiring connections at each of the right flipper coils to see if it’s in contact with anything. Maybe pull the coil, lift a leg of the diode and check resistance across the coil? Maybe the coil has failed open or the diode has failed? I also don’t have that clip for the coin box. Not sure if anyone has that.

#3229 2 years ago

There is known bug where ball won't eject after multiball if you start 2nd pumpkin mode and qualify stalker during multiball (or something like that). Wait on ballsearch to get eject. After you get out of whatever mode you're in and start stalker, the bug will go away.

#3230 2 years ago

Hello owners - I have noticed a new issue on my powder coated speaker panel. It seems like dark spots are appearing. My guess is these spots were originally finger prints on the bare metal panel before is was coated. Why it has taken a few months to appear is a mystery. Does anyone have any expertise on the subject?

20220206_152540 (resized).jpg20220206_152540 (resized).jpg

#3232 2 years ago
Quoted from jailbreakjustin:

From my experience with past Spooky games, the burning plastic smell is usually caused by a servo burning up. There are small servo motors that turn the hedge figures, and probably a few used for diverters. I'm not sure about the newer Pinotaur board, but the old Heck board would exhibit some weird behavior if there was a cooked servo left connected. It's just a thought, but they could be worth a quick physical inspection.

#3233 2 years ago

If I wanted to touch up the black anyone know the best way to go about it? Not really happy with how sloppy they were

PXL_20220207_154200294 (resized).jpgPXL_20220207_154200294 (resized).jpgPXL_20220207_154211092 (resized).jpgPXL_20220207_154211092 (resized).jpg

#3234 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

If I wanted to touch up the black anyone know the best way to go about it? Not really happy with how sloppy they were

Damn...

#3235 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Black is the easiest to fix but you need to be careful. If you use the wrong type of paint or wrong sheen it will just look worse. What I would do is use an old cabinet makers trick. Black shoe polish works magic. Put it on a cloth and rub over the area that needs addressed. Looks very professional when done correctly.

#3236 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Black is the easiest to fix but you need to be careful. If you use the wrong type of paint or wrong sheen it will just look worse. What I would do is use an old cabinet makers trick. Black shoe polish works magic. Put it on a cloth and rub over the area that needs addressed. Looks very professional when done correctly.

Okay sweet I'll give the polish a shot! Thanks

#3237 2 years ago

Switched the flipper rubbers out for some pop of orange.

PXL_20220207_173832167 (resized).jpgPXL_20220207_173832167 (resized).jpgPXL_20220207_174131819 (resized).jpgPXL_20220207_174131819 (resized).jpg
#3238 2 years ago

I keep having second thoughts about getting into bed with Halloween. Bob aka spooky please reconfirm I’m making the right decision.

BFF86A24-A650-4726-BE95-A8710B480E4F (resized).jpegBFF86A24-A650-4726-BE95-A8710B480E4F (resized).jpeg
#3239 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:I keep having second thoughts about getting into bed with Halloween. Bob aka spooky please reconfirm I’m making the right decision.
[quoted image]

FE19F391-7BD5-403B-9FC0-EB4F08798BAA (resized).jpegFE19F391-7BD5-403B-9FC0-EB4F08798BAA (resized).jpeg
#3240 2 years ago

Has anyone considered riveting the knife handle shooter rod? To eliminate the combination screw? Does anyone know if this hardware is Loctited?

https://www.amazon.com/Cutlers-Cutlery-Rivets-Making-Handle/dp/B07MPXQ3F5/

#3241 2 years ago

Wow…this s#it is unbelievable. A terrible review from someone who doesn’t even know that Halloween is a film. If any of you like this game I suggest you go give it an honest review. Otherwise HWN is about to go down the pinside trash shoot due to a couple of nimrods.

52A8EDEE-1B87-45F8-A7DC-48F39B2368EA (resized).jpeg52A8EDEE-1B87-45F8-A7DC-48F39B2368EA (resized).jpeg531D47C1-C8A3-468F-93C0-39B127B8F7B5 (resized).jpeg531D47C1-C8A3-468F-93C0-39B127B8F7B5 (resized).jpeg
#3242 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Wow…this s#it is unbelievable. A terrible review from someone who doesn’t even know that Halloween is a film. If any of you like this game I suggest you go give it an honest review. Otherwise HWN is about to go down the pinside trash shoot due to a couple of nimrods.

I’m not surprised, seems to be so hated yet a friend of mine played it and had nothing negative to report.
A few people are shitting on this release and it’s sticking, too many lemmings out there who can’t think for themselves.

I have been offered to go and play one which is probably the only one in Europe, would be good to put all this negativity to bed before my number comes up!

#3243 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Don't worry I'm sure everyone who is complaining about the code (some of these based on 1.0) will go back and edit their reviews when the code is finished

#3244 2 years ago

That's the ratings game. Just as many High ratings that assume the code will get better.

RG (resized).jpgRG (resized).jpg
#3245 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

too many lemmings out there who can’t think for themselves.

Careful there, you just called out like 90% of Pinside...

#3246 2 years ago

The code IS being worked on and it certainly won’t become any worse. So to say that people are “assuming” the code will develop is absurd. It IS developing and we are watching it in real time.

Quoted from TheLaw:

That's the ratings game. Just as many High ratings that assume the code will get better.[quoted image]

#3247 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The code IS being worked on and it certainly won’t become any worse...

Doesn't mean it will get significantly better, plus it can always add bugs which it seems to already have.
That's been going on for years though.

#3248 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Honestly I didn't even realize there were reviews until I saw your post... LOL I'd also never make a purchase decision on a pin without playing it first. As such, someone's brain dead, moronic, review wouldn't sway me one way or the other. Truth be told, that long review not even knowing it's a movie theme is something that needs to be removed entirely and when you say that much negative stuff I just assume your opinion is worthless.

Jeff

#3249 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

… and when you say that much negative stuff I just assume your opinion is worthless.
Jeff

…or intentionally trying to sabotage ratings for whatever reason.

I really don’t understand the hate for the code. The HWN code, although ‘seemingly buggy at times’ is already much more interesting and engaging to me than code on most JJP games. I’m certain that both my wife and I have already played more games on HWN in -1month of ownership than we have on our WOZ after 1-1/2years. (But WOZ sure is purdy!).

Art is fantastic and sound and call outs (although repetitive) are some of the best in pinball.

#3250 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Honestly I didn't even realize there were reviews until I saw your post... LOL I'd also never make a purchase decision on a pin without playing it first. As such, someone's brain dead, moronic, review wouldn't sway me one way or the other. Truth be told, that long review not even knowing it's a movie theme is something that needs to be removed entirely and when you say that much negative stuff I just assume your opinion is worthless.
Jeff

I believe the majority on here made the purchase sight-unseen without playing the game. I am such a HUGE Halloween fan (holiday and movies) that I will never question my decision. It also helps that I'm #833 and 'hopefully' the builds will be more mature. Now my question is will I get my Halloween CE pin or my Alien LV 1st?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,924 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/65?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.