IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 339.
#3151 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

Ours is getting stuck there also exiting left on the center ramp. So far 4 times out of about 75 games. X marks the spot in my photo. Seems like that white rubber is pretty thick there or the metal to the right needs adjustment.
My plan: reset pitch using better level protractor that will arrive on Saturday. It is currently set to 6.5 but with my phone. Will ensure 6.5, or 6.66 for funsy is set, and if problem persists call spooky on Monday, unless folks here know the proper adjustment to make.
Other than that, my family is LOVING this pin since arrival 1/31/2022 (#237 for those who are keeping track). Code seems pretty good, except one random reboot cuz we did something funky logic wise. Shipped with 1.05.
My build quality was also good, and non butter decals were good.
I’ll do an official review after final adjustments and a couple hundred games. [quoted image]

Any recommendations? Spookyluke any thoughts before I call in next Monday?

#3152 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

Any recommendations? Spookyluke any thoughts before I call in next Monday?

Are you perfectly level left to right? That would be my only idea in that we've never had a ball even get remotely close to sticking there (sanitarium PF yes but not up there) but our game is perfect left to right and at 6.5 just above the flipper gap.

Jeff

#3153 2 years ago

Just received my Butter or No Butter email for CE#317

#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

Ours is getting stuck there also exiting left on the center ramp. So far 4 times out of about 75 games. X marks the spot in my photo. Seems like that white rubber is pretty thick there or the metal to the right needs adjustment.[quoted image]

First, I would check to make sure that the metal ramp to the left is positioned just below the upper playfield. It should sit just under the wood on the front side. If it's too high the ball can get caught between the wood and metal. If it's too low the angle could be too steep causing the ball to want to rest between rubber and metal piece. You naturally want to position things so that gravity pulls the ball down the ramp, into the left habitrail. You could also try to just pull some of the slack from the rubber on that side. It's amazing how much you can adjust on a game, just by repositioning the rubbers a tiny bit.

#3155 2 years ago

It’s level left to right best I can tell. And the pitch I’ll know better after Saturday and I get the other tester. First pin so I’m easing into making play field adjustments but I’ll check the metal ramp height as suggested, and will update after I reset my pitch also. Hasn’t even happened today with another 20 games or so. My 14 year was playing it at 745am as I was starting to work. Haha. I had to say stop so I could focus on meetings. Loving it and will love it even more after it’s tuned in.

#3156 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Just received my Butter or No Butter email for CE#317

Awesome!

#3157 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

First, I would check to make sure that the metal ramp to the left is positioned just below the upper playfield. It should sit just under the wood on the front side. If it's too high the ball can get caught between the wood and metal. If it's too low the angle could be too steep causing the ball to want to rest between rubber and metal piece. You naturally want to position things so that gravity pulls the ball down the ramp, into the left habitrail. You could also try to just pull some of the slack from the rubber on that side. It's amazing how much you can adjust on a game, just by repositioning the rubbers a tiny bit.

You mentioned the metal ramp should sit just under the wood, is that just under the bottom edge (entire wood) or just under top edge of the play field wood?
Sorry for asking for the specifics.

#3158 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

You mentioned the metal ramp should sit just under the wood, is that just under the bottom edge (entire wood) or just under top edge of the play field wood?
Sorry for asking for the specifics.

Maybe email me some photos [email protected]
I can take a look and see if I can pick out the issue!

#3159 2 years ago

First part for my BSE Topper arrived
The knife is only for the picture, I will use of course original Halloween knife

1643970469248_copy_2406x1804 (resized).jpg1643970469248_copy_2406x1804 (resized).jpg1643970469261_copy_1804x2406 (resized).jpg1643970469261_copy_1804x2406 (resized).jpg
#3160 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Maybe email me some photos [email protected]
I can take a look and see if I can pick out the issue!

Email sent. Thanks!!!

#3161 2 years ago
Quoted from Twister:

First part for my BSE Topper arrived
The knife is only for the picture, I will use of course original Halloween knife
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Looks awesome. Where did you get it?

#3162 2 years ago

I don't see what to shoot in Gravestone MB. I assume it's not coded yet?

#3163 2 years ago

Ok I think I finally have it. Can anyone tell me if these tabs are suppose to have spacers underneath. My game does not have them. The screws were tightened all the way down. I was getting trough coil misfires. I loosened those screws and the ball was coming out each time in coil test.

8728BB60-E0EA-410D-AFE0-DBE144F34D11 (resized).jpeg8728BB60-E0EA-410D-AFE0-DBE144F34D11 (resized).jpeg
#3164 2 years ago

The screws to the left have little plastic spacers. It appears that these tabs need to be spaced up to not effect the trajectory of the ball into the shooter lane. I tried EVERYTHING else.

#3165 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Ok I think I finally have it. Can anyone tell me if these tabs are suppose to have spacers underneath. My game does not have them. The screws were tightened all the way down. I was getting trough coil misfires. I loosened those screws and the ball was coming out each time in coil test.
[quoted image]

R&M playfield was thinner than 16/32" and needed custom bushings. Using the same PBL trough on my homebrew, I have to shim it with 2 1mm precision washers on each side to get the mechanism to work properly (12.4mm thick playfield). I bet your playfield is just under the 16/32" and would benefit from a single washer one each side.

#3166 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Spacers could definitely help. As P1nhead said playfield thickness could potentially vary by a razor thin margin. Also could be a tiny difference in the metal hood height of the scoop! Definitely work a try adding some washers or a spacer! Like I usually say it's shocking how sometimes the smallest thing can be an issue! If it's not that we can start sending parts until we solve the issue!

#3167 2 years ago

My game now flawlessly ejects balls into the shooter lane. What a pain in the ass that was to figure out.

#3168 2 years ago

My game now flawlessly ejects balls into the shooter lane. What a pain in the ass that was to figure out.

Great find. Sometimes with pinball, you just have to go with what works. Don't try to make sense of it, just nod your head and be happy it works, LOL!

Congrats on finally figuring it out! Enjoy the evil!

#3169 2 years ago

So was it missing spacers? Or just screwed down to tight? Glad you figured it out!!

#3170 2 years ago

The tab you can see in the image needs to be screwed down further than the one you can’t see on the other side of the scoop. So I have 5 small thin washers on the farther and 2 on the closer tab. As you tighten it down you can see the shoot kind of twist down so it’s aiming into the lane. I can make the issue come and go now by playing with this spacing. With the shield removed you can launch the balls right out of the game so I now know it wasn’t a power issue or a settings issue. It’s not a pinotaur issue, a trough switch issue, connector issue etc. I literally checked ever single other thing it could be before I finally said I’m just going to disassemble the whole thing until I can see what’s going on. With the shield off it became obvious.

#3171 2 years ago

As I general rule of thumb I typically start diagnosing the simple solutions and rule them out working my way towards the more complicated that way I don’t drive myself crazy. 9 times out of ten it’s an easy mechanical issue or slight adjustment that needs to be made.

The tab you can see in the image needs to be screwed down further than the one you can’t see on the other side of the scoop. So I have 5 small thin washers on the farther and 2 on the closer tab. As you tighten it down you can see the shoot kind of twist down so it’s aiming into the lane. I can make the issue come and go now by playing with this spacing. With the shield removed you can launch the balls right out of the game so I now know it wasn’t a power issue or a settings issue. It’s not a pinotaur issue, a trough switch issue, connector issue etc. I literally checked ever single other thing it could be before I finally said I’m just going to disassemble the whole thing until I can see what’s going on. With the shield off it became obvious.

#3172 2 years ago

Dare I ask......is the power up high now? I always like to have the power adjusted so its as weak as possible without having issues to save my shooter lane. (until Cliffy is available)

#3173 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Dare I ask......is the power up high now? I always like to have the power adjusted so its as weak as possible without having issues to save my shooter lane. (until Cliffy is available)

default 18

#3174 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

As I general rule of thumb I typically start diagnosing the simple solutions and rule them out working my way towards the more complicated that way I don’t drive myself crazy. 9 times out of ten it’s an easy mechanical issue or slight adjustment that needs to be made.

I checked every simple solution that was suggested or what I could think of. Disassembling the trough never crossed my mind, nor did anyone suggest it. It was my last ditch effort that I could do without parts.

#3175 2 years ago

Sure, I get it. I’d have likely pulled the apron up first and filmed the ball coming out of the hood and reviewed it in slow motion. Sometimes it’s as simple as: problem with the trough -> look closely at the trough itself. I don’t say that to be a dink. Personally my mind tends to bounce around a lot when something goes wrong. “is it pinotaur? Is it the coil? The plunger assembly? Intermittent connection? Cold solder joint?” Etc etc So I have to tell myself to go right to the source of the problem first. It tends to save me a lot of headaches.

I checked every simple solution that was suggested or what I could think of. Disassembling the trough never crossed my mind, nor did anyone suggest it. It was my last ditch effort that I could do without parts.

#3176 2 years ago
#3177 2 years ago

Some “nice” more there:

F99220CD-8E3B-4564-8D73-2BD24F955E22 (resized).jpegF99220CD-8E3B-4564-8D73-2BD24F955E22 (resized).jpeg
#3178 2 years ago

Does anyone make a shooter lane protector for Halloween?

#3179 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Small chip on the playfield.
[quoted image]

Just wanted to say that SpookyLuke reached out and offered to send me a replacement upper playfield, and I got it yesterday. The new one has some mylar to protect that area. Can't say enough about their customer service.

#3180 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Just wanted to say that SpookyLuke reached out and offered to send me a replacement upper playfield, and I got it yesterday. The new one has some mylar to protect that area. Can't say enough about their customer service.

Can’t ask for anymore than that, they actually care about their customers.

#3181 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

It definitely eases my mind knowing mine could have an issue. Are they installing Mylar moving forward on all the future builds? Mine is getting built this week I believe.

#3182 2 years ago

My wife and I first played Halloween at Pintastic after I had already preordered. Her one negative comment was that knife looks fake, can’t you do something about that? I said yes so here you go. Real knife. Not sharp, I took the edge off so I wouldn’t slice myself open. Had to be done. My wife required it. One added bonus, it doesn’t flex or bounce around like the plastic one.

3D053790-7ECB-4207-9BAE-5E7B05058DFB (resized).jpeg3D053790-7ECB-4207-9BAE-5E7B05058DFB (resized).jpeg4290FB7D-1848-4286-987A-82B1B9534B9B (resized).jpeg4290FB7D-1848-4286-987A-82B1B9534B9B (resized).jpegB0090C3C-3D74-4EA6-A6B2-96FAC5FB83F5 (resized).jpegB0090C3C-3D74-4EA6-A6B2-96FAC5FB83F5 (resized).jpeg

#3183 2 years ago

My wife and I first played Halloween at Pintastic after I had already preordered. Her one negative comment was that knife looks fake, can’t you do something about that? I said yes so here you go. Real knife. Not sharp, I took the edge off so I wouldn’t slice myself open. Had to be done. My wife required it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder if you will get stuck balls now? Sometimes my ball ends up on top of the knife and the knife bends and lets ball back into shooter lane.

#3184 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:My wife and I first played Halloween at Pintastic after I had already preordered. Her one negative comment was that knife looks fake, can’t you do something about that? I said yes so here you go. Real knife. Not sharp, I took the edge off so I wouldn’t slice myself open. Had to be done. My wife required it. One added bonus, it doesn’t flex or bounce around like the plastic one.

I wanted to put a real one in the game but they said it's a safety hazard lol! Looks great

Also yes we will be putting mylar in the area from now on. Probably shouldn't be an issue on most games but better safe than sorry!

On a general scale if you reach out to us in a kind and respectful manner we are always going to try to do anything we can to help!

#3185 2 years ago

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I wanted to put a real one in the game but they said it's a safety hazard lol! Looks great
Also yes we will be putting mylar in the area from now on. Probably shouldn't be an issue on most games but better safe than sorry!
On a general scale if you reach out to us in a kind and respectful manner we are always going to try to do anything we can to help!

#3186 2 years ago

I just received 215 today. I'm having a few issues with mine of anyone can help out.
1. I hit the ball in the pumpkin scoop and it's still stuck in there. It wouldn't do anything and I can't get the ball out because my fingers are too fat lol.

2. One of the drop target leading to the ramp is down and will not go up with the others. It looks a bit bent in there, not sure if its getting caught on something.

3. This is the weird one lol. For the life of me I cannot get the back glass off. I have the speaker and lcd screen down and when I push the back glass up it hits the Blackbox and there isn't enough clearance to remove it.

Any ideas at all? I know spooky isn't open till Monday but I kinda wanna play the game haha

#3187 2 years ago

1 - safe to assume the switch is not working

#3188 2 years ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I just received 215 today. I'm having a few issues with mine of anyone can help out.
1. I hit the ball in the pumpkin scoop and it's still stuck in there. It wouldn't do anything and I can't get the ball out because my fingers are too fat lol.
2. One of the drop target leading to the ramp is down and will not go up with the others. It looks a bit bent in there, not sure if its getting caught on something.
3. This is the weird one lol. For the life of me I cannot get the back glass off. I have the speaker and lcd screen down and when I push the back glass up it hits the Blackbox and there isn't enough clearance to remove it.
Any ideas at all? I know spooky isn't open till Monday but I kinda wanna play the game haha

1. Send me a photo of where it is getting stuck if you can! You can just message me on here.
2. If you are talking about the top drop target it's possible it doesn't go up until the house is open but I can't remember for sure. Best way to check is go to yest menu-coil test- then fire the drop you mean and see if it goes up!
3. It shouldn't be that tight. Maybe something got stuck above the glass or under it? For now you could just pull down on the support piece under it and maybe manage to sneak it out to check if there are any obstructions?

Shoot me a message so we don't clog up the thread!

#3189 2 years ago

I attempted to remove the socket on the pumpkin flasher today. That exposed socket is a problem waiting to happen in my opinion. Here are photos of what I did. Pretty easy to do. I just need to dress my cable harness a bit and I think I can claim victory.

20220205_140336 (resized).jpg20220205_140336 (resized).jpg20220205_141313 (resized).jpg20220205_141313 (resized).jpg20220205_144612 (resized).jpg20220205_144612 (resized).jpg20220205_165110 (resized).jpg20220205_165110 (resized).jpg20220205_171959 (resized).jpg20220205_171959 (resized).jpg20220205_172110 (resized).jpg20220205_172110 (resized).jpg20220205_172315 (resized).jpg20220205_172315 (resized).jpg

#3190 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I attempted to remove the socket on the pumpkin flasher today. That exposed socket is a problem waiting to happen in my opinion. Here are photos of what I did. Pretty easy to do. I just need to dress my cable harness a bit and I think I can claim victory.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks factory! Great job.

#3191 2 years ago

Nice job. If mine didn’t already have heat shrink over it I would do this too.

#3192 2 years ago

Absolutely perfect

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#3193 2 years ago

My wife and I first played Halloween at Pintastic after I had already preordered. Her one negative comment was that knife looks fake, can’t you do something about that? I said yes so here you go. Real knife. Not sharp, I took the edge off so I wouldn’t slice myself open. Had to be done. My wife required it. One added bonus, it doesn’t flex or bounce around like the plastic one.

Looks great! Would you you be open to making another one and selling it to me?

#3194 2 years ago

How does the mounting work - just drilled and riveted? Thanks

#3195 2 years ago

That looks really clean. Nice job! For those who want to do the same, I'd just recommend using PETG for the plastic base. I think most people would assume acrylic would be the go-to material, but acrylic will crack easily. PETG is what plastic ramps are typically made out of, and is much more robust. Polycarbonate might work too, but I think PETG is the safer bet.

#3196 2 years ago

You were smart to do that. My Rob Zombie had a similar problem with exposed electrical tabs that got bent together from a ball strike, which made lots of things go haywire. Stern, W/B etc never leave those exposed to ball strikes. Spooky should fix this in the line IMO.

#3197 2 years ago

If you don't want to go the bracket route you can turn the socket 180 and reinstall the pumpkin so it faces the player. You have to bend the ground tab up a little so it clears and rests against the main bracket when turning the socket around. Gives a clean look at the front.
20220206_002415 (resized).jpg20220206_002415 (resized).jpg20220206_002606 (resized).jpg20220206_002606 (resized).jpg20220206_002700 (resized).jpg20220206_002700 (resized).jpg

#3198 2 years ago

Hey Spooky guys,

Here's a reminder of an older entry,
which has been lost (update announcement):

in the German pinball forum we are currently creating a current pinball quartet together.
This is the second post about this!
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/flipper-quartett-2022-bestell-threat-unbindlich-zur-abschaetzung-der-ditional-height.243832/
In the field of current pinball, Halloween has also been chosen. Unfortunately there are no devices in Germany yet.
We need a photo of the flipper switched on (without glass) but with the lockbar in good resolution.
And the same again only from the playfield.
It would be nice if you take some photos and upload them here:
https://nextcloud.pkg.logoip.de/index.php/s/RErmaZm8HcbecG8
Please save under category V1-V4 with the name V2 - Halloween.
The image rights to the photos are transferred to the creator of the quartet (Patrick Neukäter) through the upload, but exclusively for use in the pinball quartet 2022!

Of course I'll post a photo of the finished card afterwards .
I guess the manufacturer also delivers to other countries.....

Thank you in advance……

#3199 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

How does the mounting work - just drilled and riveted? Thanks

That’s basically it. I have a cheap harbor freight metal brake to bend the bracket. I drilled it out on my drill press. I have one of those pinrestore rivet presses I made for riveting ramp flaps. I like to make my own stainless ramp flaps to replace the blue ones that always rust.

#3200 2 years ago

That’s basically it. I have a cheap harbor freight metal brake to bend the bracket. I drilled it out on my drill press. I have one of those pinrestore rivet presses I made for riveting ramp flaps. I like to make my own stainless ramp flaps to replace the blue ones that always rust.

Thanks for sharing. I also have the pinrestore rivet press with the long and short rivet/press bit sets. Did you augment/modify or add something else? Just curious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.