IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 340.
#3051 2 years ago

EXXXXXITING! BOC must be getting confused as to why so many pinball companies are approaching them haha

#3052 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Today marks 9 Years of wild fun Destruction of and Mayhem here at Spooky Pinball. We decided to celebrate with some sick tunes coming to both Halloween and Ultraman! Complete with an all new mode for both games! ALL of the cowbell is coming to Halloween, and an exclusive theme song from one of the many Ultraman Series!!!! Stay tuned for the code to drop in the upcoming weeks. And thanks everyone for an incredible 9 years!

Very exciting. I do wish all efforts with this game were going towards refining the code as it currently sits rather than new modes but happy for any progress regardless of what form it takes.

#3053 2 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I've been trying to have fun with this game, but man is it frustrating. I can't seem to resolve a stuck ball issue on the middle playfield. Also the center ramp shot rejects quite often, almost always from the right flipper. When it does make it, it just "feels" so clunky and awful. I've been working with support, but... we haven't really made any progress.

I'm assuming you're referring to the right side of the middle playfield between the drop that puts the ball back in the shooter lane? If so, pull the rubber a bit tighter around the three posts, at least that's what did it for me.

Regarding the center ramp, wonder what the game to game variations are that could possibly contribute to this? On my game, I can reliably (nearly 100% of the time) hit it with the left flipper. Occasionally I can backhand it from the right but that takes a bit of luck so to speak. My game is at 6.5 degrees just above the flipper gap FWIW.

Jeff

#3054 2 years ago

#3055 2 years ago

You sir win the prize!

Quoted from Nightmare:

If I had to take a stab at it I bet they are getting rights to Blue Oyster Cult ( Don’t Fear the Reaper)

#3056 2 years ago

Really happy to hear about incoming cowbell. I do hope it's being use for a wizard mode, as all the current pumpkin/main modes have appropriately creepy and suspenseful music-- this track would be too upbeat and different from those. OTOH it's perfect laid back music for a "congrats you earned it" style wiz mode.

#3057 2 years ago

Yes just what the doctor ordered!

#3058 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I'm assuming you're referring to the right side of the middle playfield between the drop that puts the ball back in the shooter lane? If so, pull the rubber a bit tighter around the three posts, at least that's what did it for me.
Regarding the center ramp, wonder what the game to game variations are that could possibly contribute to this? On my game, I can reliably (nearly 100% of the time) hit it with the left flipper. Occasionally I can backhand it from the right but that takes a bit of luck so to speak. My game is at 6.5 degrees just above the flipper gap FWIW.
Jeff

"Pull the rubber tighter" is what they told me too, but I literally have no idea what that is supposed to mean. Just tug on it? I tried that, it didn't do anything, and I'm not really sure what that would do to help either. It seems like the two posts are just too close together.

Your behavior with the center ramp sounds similar to mine. I can make it probably 85% of the time with the left flipper, but randomly even that one will reject. Even when it does make it though, it's just such a clunky shot, and until they had me do some adjustments (pushing hard down on one piece of metal), the ball was getting stuck after making to the upper area the majority of the time.

#3059 2 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

"Pull the rubber tighter" is what they told me too, but I literally have no idea what that is supposed to mean. Just tug on it? I tried that, it didn't do anything, and I'm not really sure what that would do to help either. It seems like the two posts are just too close together.
Your behavior with the center ramp sounds similar to mine. I can make it probably 85% of the time with the left flipper, but randomly even that one will reject. Even when it does make it though, it's just such a clunky shot, and until they had me do some adjustments (pushing hard down on one piece of metal), the ball was getting stuck after making to the upper area the majority of the time.

Yes, just tug on the back side of the band like you're "stretching" it. They're likely 1-2mm too close together but it's manageable when you pull the band tighter.

Not sure what you mean by a clunky shot, probably something you can't really describe so I get it. I have no ball stuck issues anywhere now after I pulled the rubber tighter on the middle playfield. I'd say my game plays extremely well, fast, and clean.

Jeff

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Very exciting. I do wish all efforts with this game were going towards refining the code as it currently sits rather than new modes but happy for any progress regardless of what form it takes.

Funny you say that lol on the agenda for the update following this one is a revisit of the 6 scoop modes. Before the end we definitely plan on going back refining and adding to all the current modes. It's always a balance between getting people new content and then also improving the older existing stuff. Often times it's good to get it all out there and see what people like and don't like then revisit later with a good list of goals for things to become. We also want to make sure to get 1 of the main wizard modes in soon to as that has some really cool assets.

#3061 2 years ago

I would prefer to see new content to make the game feel more complete, then refine the modes and add things later.

#3062 2 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Sometimes it can be the tiniest things that make a difference. If you want send me a bunch of photos from the bottom and top and I'll see if I can figure out what maybe it could be. It's not a give me shot and you need full power to make it as it's 3 stories up but it should be very makeable. Email [email protected]

#3063 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Funny you say that lol on the agenda for the update following this one is a revisit of the 6 scoop modes. Before the end we definitely plan on going back refining and adding to all the current modes. It's always a balance between getting people new content and then also improving the older existing stuff. Often times it's good to get it all out there and see what people like and don't like then revisit later with a good list of goals for things to become. We also want to make sure to get 1 of the main wizard modes in soon to.

#3064 2 years ago

Good work - cant make everyone happy. They are still working on this guys - lets get the new content in and then the game refined. I assume this content will support a wizard mode as mentioned before. Im starting to understand how hard it must be negotiating for new content and getting approval not to mention building machines and supporting customers.

Oh yeah and interacting on pinside

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Funny you say that lol on the agenda for the update following this one is a revisit of the 6 scoop modes. Before the end we definitely plan on going back refining and adding to all the current modes. It's always a balance between getting people new content and then also improving the older existing stuff. Often times it's good to get it all out there and see what people like and don't like then revisit later with a good list of goals for things to become. We also want to make sure to get 1 of the main wizard modes in soon to as that has some really cool assets.

#3065 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Good work - cant make everyone happy. They are still working on this guys - lets get the new content in and then the game refined. I assume this content will support a wizard mode as mentioned before. Im starting to understand how hard it must be negotiating for new content and getting approval not to mention building machines and supporting customers.
Oh yeah and interacting on pinside

All good! Everyone has different tastes and priorties for what they want to see in code and when!

#3066 2 years ago

Any advice for adjusting the top upper playfield? I have a HWN and UM sitting next to each other and the upper plays completely different on the 2 games. I can pretty easily complete the pretzel shot on HWN, but it just doesn't work at all on UM. The ball also takes a different initial trajectory in each game when it first gets up to the playfield, making getting control of the ball much easier on one game than the other.

I would assume the uppers should play pretty consistent across games, but mine are nowhere close to each other, and I'm not really sure how to go about tweaking stuff up there.

#3067 2 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I've been trying to have fun with this game, but man is it frustrating. I can't seem to resolve a stuck ball issue on the middle playfield. Also the center ramp shot rejects quite often, almost always from the right flipper. When it does make it, it just "feels" so clunky and awful. I've been working with support, but... we haven't really made any progress.

Show us where the ball is getting stuck on the middle playfield. It can happen in several places and each has it’s own fix.

#3068 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Show us where the ball is getting stuck on the middle playfield. It can happen in several places and each has it’s own fix.

Mine gets stuck here every game basically. At 6.5 and at 7

PXL_20220122_214850891 (resized).jpgPXL_20220122_214850891 (resized).jpg
#3069 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Same for 242, should be delivered in Houston on Wednesday!

Only 239 to go for me now.

#3070 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Today marks 9 Years of wild fun Destruction of and Mayhem here at Spooky Pinball. We decided to celebrate with some sick tunes coming to both Halloween and Ultraman! Complete with an all new mode for both games! ALL of the cowbell is coming to Halloween, and an exclusive theme song from one of the many Ultraman Series!!!! Stay tuned for the code to drop in the upcoming weeks. And thanks everyone for an incredible 9 years!

28BD0915-15A9-4750-AEC9-F4E9B6B7EB3C.gif28BD0915-15A9-4750-AEC9-F4E9B6B7EB3C.gif
#3071 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

All good! Everyone has different tastes and priorties for what they want to see in code and when!

To add on to this..."Why not both?" We've got a lot of fun stuff coming for both machines. PS: First person to mod their tilt bob into a cowbell should get a prize.

Quoted from McIntyre905:

Mine gets stuck here every game basically. At 6.5 and at 7[quoted image]

Should be super simple. Either the metal ramp became lodged up a bit (just push it back down) or the small metal tab that sits next to the diverter is at a weird angle.

#3072 2 years ago

So the song don’t fear the reaper is coming to Halloween? I like the song but not sure how it fits in the game. Maybe in the new mode? Interesting.

#3073 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So the song don’t fear the reaper is coming to Halloween? I like the song but not sure how it fits in the game. Maybe in the new mode? Interesting.

It seemed to fit when Michael was driving behind them while they were listening to it

#3074 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

It seemed to fit when Michael was driving behind them while they were listening to it

Agreed but that was really a filler scene with the girls talking. Interesting to see how they pull it off Bc everything in the game right now is very spooky/scary. Not saying it’s a bad thing - just curious how this comes together with the current code.

#3075 2 years ago

The time it took to get this deal in place - I have a feeling they have a pretty good idea how to use it. Looking forward to seeing as well.

Quoted from delt31:

Agreed but that was really a filler scene with the girls talking. Interesting to see how they pull it off Bc everything in the game right now is very spooky/scary. Not saying it’s a bad thing - just curious how this comes together with the current code.

#3076 2 years ago

Anyone else have a hard time put the lock down bar back on.

#3077 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Anyone else have a hard time put the lock down bar back on.

The latch on the right side is a pain in the ass but not crazy hard. Are you having problems with the latches?

#3078 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I played it the other day and I really liked it alot. Probably my favorite part of the whole game and I had the same thought originally

#3079 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I played it the other day and I really liked it alot. Probably my favorite part of the whole game and I had the same thought originally

Great to hear!

#3080 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The latch on the right side is a pain in the ass but not crazy hard. Are you having problems with the latches?

The latches are fine just the left side doesn't wanna sit under the glass for some reason. Lock bar fits fine without the glass
Hard to see in the pick but the right side wants to go in the the left side is a no go

PXL_20220202_023741634 (resized).jpgPXL_20220202_023741634 (resized).jpg
#3081 2 years ago

Also is this pooched? I didn't even do anything just lifted the playfield up to look at a switch and when I put it back down and played the auto doesn't work anymore

PXL_20220202_021809236 (resized).jpgPXL_20220202_021809236 (resized).jpg
#3082 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Also is this pooched? I didn't even do anything just lifted the playfield up to look at a switch and when I put it back down and played the auto doesn't work anymore
[quoted image]

Hey man. Inside your coin door there is a sticker that has service info.

#3083 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey man. Inside your coin door there is a sticker that has service info.

Yea Im sending an email over now I tried to call but no luck

#3084 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Yea Im sending an email over now I tried to call but no luck

Business hours are 7am-5pm Monday-Thursday. Outside that service will email anytime they can.

Also yes the coil is probably not in good shape. I can see where a tool or metal from something contacted and shorted on the side. Possibly the lockbar lock latch contacted it? I will check on a game in the morning and see what could have made contact.

#3085 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Business hours are 7am-5pm Monday-Thursday. Outside that service will email anytime they can.
Also yes the coil is probably not in good shape. I can see where a tool or metal from something contacted and shorted on the side.

Oh didn't know the hours sorry email is sent!
Damn looks like I nicked the plunger when I was putting the playfield back down.

PXL_20220202_015525929 (resized).jpgPXL_20220202_015525929 (resized).jpg
#3086 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Oh didn't know the hours sorry email is sent!
Damn looks like I nicked the plunger when I was putting the playfield back down. [quoted image]

All good we will help ya get it fixed! Always a solution!

#3087 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

All good we will help ya get it fixed! Always a solution!

Thanks I trust ya guys. Customer service so far has been amazing

#3088 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

I didn't even do anything just lifted the playfield up to look at a switch and when I put it back down and played the auto doesn't work anymore

If the machine was on and that coil touched metal, that isn't good

#3089 2 years ago

‘Don’t fear the reaper’ will fit extremely well. It’s in A minor and has a haunting ethereal quality to it. Probably why Carpenter chose to use it in the first place. Very pumped to have this track included.

Quoted from delt31:

#3090 2 years ago

Glad to hear SpookyLuke . Seems you shared my same initial hesitation and I look forward to seeing it in action as well. It’s a great song no doubt.

#3091 2 years ago

Anyone else have issue with the right latch being in the way when lowering the play field? I have to hold the latch up with one hand while lowering the play field with the other. Saw early on in post 34 the same problem mentioned but didn’t see it elsewhere in the thread. Really enjoying the game thus far and looking forward to the updates.

#3092 2 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Anyone else have issue with the right latch being in the way when lowering the play field? I have to hold the latch up with one hand while lowering the play field with the other. Saw early on in post 34 the same problem mentioned but didn’t see it elsewhere in the thread. Really enjoying the game thus far and looking forward to the updates.

Me too.

#3093 2 years ago

Can someone tell me the measurements of their glass ?

#3094 2 years ago

So the song don’t fear the reaper is coming to Halloween? I like the song but not sure how it fits in the game. Maybe in the new mode?

It fits in the same way as the movie..lol.
This is another example of different strokes for different folks. People have been BEGGING for (don't fear the reaper) the second it's a possibility, the nay sayers come out! I don't care how it's integrated into the game personally but it's gonna be a great vibe never the less.

#3095 2 years ago

#3096 2 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

The latch on the right should clear the playfield if you push it a little right as you are trying to push it up. When going straight up it does hit the edge of the playfield.

#3097 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I would prefer to see new content to make the game feel more complete, then refine the modes and add things later.

Exactly. More content first and refinement comes last as the great lyman sheats always did.

#3098 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Wanted to take some time to post my review of the game now that I've put roughly 100 games on my machine, this review will be based on how things stand today and are completely my opinions only. This review will cover everything I can think of and will be as honest as anyone reading it would want, warts and all.
Overall Impressions/Feedback:
I wanted to start here because I really feel like every review should start with a summary so that if you don't want to read the novel that is the rest of this, you don't have to. Okay so to start, Spooky has done something really awesome here. Now that I have my machine I really cannot, for the life of me, figure out where ANY of the negativity has come from for this title (cannot speak on Ultraman, this is entirely about Halloween). Once some of the warts have been removed, more on that below, this pin is going to be absolutely outstanding. The game is challenging but straight forward, the art package is second to none, and the "bang for the buck" is unparalleled in the market today. Overall grade, A+++++++.
Shipping/Receiving:
Honestly, and this may be just me, I really do not like how Spooky packaged my machine. To date I've received NIB from Dutch, Stern, and JJP but none of them box like Spooky does. The machine itself was strapped to the pallet which I wasn't expecting and to get it off you have to cut those straps which of course is no big deal but because the machine is essentially sandwiched between a top piece and a bottom piece once we cut those straps, getting it off the pallet was difficult and unexpectedly challenging. I had an oversized pallet on mine (which was requested) which added a bit of extra difficulty. Once you get it off the pallet though, it wasn't any different than any other machine. Overall shipping grade C.
Build Quality:
Overall my machine is top notch here, no issues with the head being out of square (like one person showed), decals were applied properly with no bubbles or peeling edges. Really like the fact Spooky ships the felt leg covers with their machines. Wires were reasonably well bundled and organized although I have serious OCD here so my standards are a bit high but overall I'd say B+. Game worked out of the box but I did have to tighten the spring on the center drop target which seems to be common. I also had to redo the pumpkin mount as after about 50 games mine began to bend down and sag a bit. A well placed zip tie around the light socket and back of the bracket solved that problem. Otherwise, mechanically the game was top notch. The main screen isn't very good but enabling the "gamma" setting as recommended by another poster worked pretty well. Still will probably do the IPS screen upgrade at some point. My main issue with build quality was the playfield, whoever is making these needs to SAND EVERY OPENING BEFORE THEY CLEAR IT... Never have I had to clean out a game so frequently out of the box. We've, and this is no joke, had to clean it up at least a dozen times in 100 games just from saw dust debris that the balls knock off the drop openings until it's all "knocked off". Don't get me wrong, the playfield is beautiful and crisp and solid, just need to sand those openings before it's cleared. The coin box also surprised me in that there is no attachment loop on the back so it just "sits" in the spot. Overall build quality A-.
Gameplay:
One of the other things that really surprised me is the code, and by surprised I mean (again this is my opinion) I'm quite happy with where Spooky is at on this and don't see the reasons for the negativity. Even in the current version the game is plenty deep enough and will be exceptionally deep once Spooky gets everything in there they want. Animations are fine, modes are plenty, shots are challenging. However, the bugs are crippling... Every so often the game will eject 3 balls into the lane and then lock up, or you'll find yourself "stuck" with no idea what shot is the next one. The modes have got to have a timer... ALL of them. Also, having to restart everything on every ball is extremely frustrating. There has to be some sort of "carry over" from one ball to the next. Every new ball essentially is a completely new game and while the layout is awesome, it gets a bit disheartening to always have to start over every ball. There is no "mystery" light so telling me "mystery is lit" was extremely confusing at first, I get this is a carryover from Ultraman but please fix this. It should say "shoot the pumpkin" or something that doesn't call out a light that doesn't exist. I know all of this can be fixed and that's what's so exciting about this game, when they are fixed, this pin is going to be next level awesome. I look forward to having more settings like ball timers and such but I get their point. People freaked out so much in the beginning they had no choice but to start pumping in assets and callouts but I can't help but think that impacted the basics a bit. Currently, and currently is the main point here as I know it'll get better, C.
Other Thoughts:
Powder coating is amazing, really what you get for your money is simply not available from anywhere else. I know I already made that point but look at the price and then look at what you get... It's a complete steal in todays market. An equivalent JJP/Stern would run at least $12K NIB. Audio is out. freaking. standing. Getting used to how the game plays with the balls coming out of the sling is pretty neat. I don't think balls need to be staged there, it gives me a moment to breath and "reset" a bit as the game progresses. Out of my collection, no other pin plays like this one which I really, and I mean really, enjoy. Personally I think Spooky has a complete Grand Slam here with this pin and once some of the rougher edges are corrected (code and continuing manufacturing improvements) those who have gotten out are going to really regret that decision. The heat Spooky has taken to date is quite frankly, ridiculous. Their service and support is top notch, SpookyLuke is absolutely amazing. Those of you who are still on the fence, don't be, get excited about your place in line as seeing is believing with this pin. I'm so happy I jumped in on this pin when I did and have absolutely zero regrets and am super excited as to what's coming on the horizon with future code updates. Thank you to everyone at Spooky who has worked on this pin, built this pin, and made this pin come to life. I'll keep saying it, you really do have something special here.
Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks for thorough review. How are “gamma” settings for screen enabled?

#3099 2 years ago

I really love the game when its playing right. I just can't get it to stop not getting balls into the shooter lane or pumping extra balls into the shooter lane. i thought i had it figured out but it continues to do this. and im not playing it a ton. maybe a couple of games during the week and more on the weekends. Still trying to work through it with AJ. I've fingered the switches a zillion times. If you watch the video I posted. with all the balls in the trough and all the switches made up. the trough plunger half the time doesn't get the ball into the shooter lane on the first attempt. Very frequently it takes 2 tries. By the second try its hitting the misfired ball through the second ball that rolled under it. This sometimes results in a chain reaction which cause multiple balls to be put into the shooter lane. Im down to a few things it could possibly be. Im considering re-pinning the solenoid bank 2 connector this weekend when I have time. If its not software related, it has to be something physical. After the tweaks I made it worked well for a day then started doing it again so it seems to be getting worse. I could bump up the power again but eventually im going to run out of adjustment. While others games are working fine with the default settings.

#3100 2 years ago

Anyone know of a location in Denver that has one of these to play?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.