IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 340.
#201 2 years ago

Just took a close look at our pin. 600-700 plays in. Time for a clean, but no damage/wear. Also, the dimpling…a fine dimple is developing. This is an incredible playfield. Spooky has the best playfields hands down, and this is just another example.

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

If anyone is looking to move up, #215 spot for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/122267

I got a crisp $100 if you want to move down haha

#203 2 years ago

I apologize if this question has been asked already but how many Halloween CEs are they making I'm 602.

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from cjpins:

I apologize if this question has been asked already but how many Halloween CEs are they making I'm 602.

I believe around 800-900

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I got a crisp $100 if you want to move down haha

If that one has 19 friends it's yours

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I believe around 800-900

At least 920 lol. I know I'm not the last CE though..

#207 2 years ago

#364 here

#208 2 years ago

Got a spot picked out for mine in the game room, just gotta move a display cabinet once number 345 arrives. Picked up a mat for the front of the machine and my 1 to 1 scale tombstone just got dropped off
5093A4AF-65FD-451B-8F41-E90C198D7F06 (resized).jpeg5093A4AF-65FD-451B-8F41-E90C198D7F06 (resized).jpeg

#209 2 years ago

That's awsome!

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I'm keeping the sheet up to date, hopefully some of us start receiving final invoices soon (should follow butter email)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qmdtDvuk62JFZw37fpdjzsIlL39_C04ODX8jIrNOc/edit?usp=drivesdk

This is terrific. Thanks, Brerspidur

We have Game Spot #257...JDistel and CHewitt.

We appreciate the update

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from cjpins:

I’m 926. See yah in late 2022 maybe early 2023. Someone who ordered from Pinball Star has #953..

#212 2 years ago

Just played Halloween CE #50 at helicon brewery in pittsburgh. Shoots great, lot of fun. Way more enjoyable than Rick and morty. If it was mine I’d switch out the cheap plastic knife in the shooter lane for a real knife asap.

40D61470-2C84-40F7-8177-430E7F3357BD (resized).jpeg40D61470-2C84-40F7-8177-430E7F3357BD (resized).jpeg9227F025-7CDE-461A-8FF8-44366E1B6793 (resized).jpeg9227F025-7CDE-461A-8FF8-44366E1B6793 (resized).jpeg
#213 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Just played Halloween CE #50 at helicon brewery in pittsburgh. Shoots great, lot of fun. Way more enjoyable than Rick and morty. If it was mine I’d switch out the cheap plastic knife in the shooter lane for a real knife asap.
[quoted image][quoted image]

1. That's my plan, get a nice super polished knife and add some blood.

2. If you say it's more enjoyable than R&M, then I will be in heaven. That is a very high bar to clear

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

2. If you say it's more enjoyable than R&M, then I will be in heaven. That is a very high bar to clear

Careful replacing the knife. There’s a reason the blade is bendy. If you don’t let airballs that hit the knife get to the shooter lane, you may end up with some stuck balls.

#215 2 years ago

Just wanted to post here that I played Halloween for the first time this week with the newest latest code from October 1 and I must say my expectations were blown away and far exceeded above and beyond. This game shoots like butter and the stacked playfields are very well done, the shots feel great just an amazing game by the crew over there at spooky can’t wait for mine to arrive.

Nice addition of movie clips. So far so good.

Spooky keeps getting better. This one is the best effort to date!

CD9A64A7-B8DD-4E5F-8C08-7EB78270C4E5 (resized).jpegCD9A64A7-B8DD-4E5F-8C08-7EB78270C4E5 (resized).jpeg
#216 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

.......If it was mine I’d switch out the cheap plastic knife in the shooter lane for a real knife asap.

Pretty sure everyone will.

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This should be the exact knife they use. They mentioned it was from trick or treat studios in one of the podcasts early on.

https://trickortreatstudios.com/halloween-michael-myers-butcher-knife-prop.html

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Just wanted to post here that I played Halloween for the first time this week with the newest latest code from October 1 and I must say my expectations were blown away and far exceeded above and beyond. This game shoots like butter and the stacked playfields are very well done, the shots feel great just an amazing game by the crew over there at spooky can’t wait for mine to arrive.
Nice addition of movie clips. So far so good.
Spooky keeps getting better. This one is the best effort to date!
[quoted image]

Too excited!!

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

If it was mine I’d switch out the cheap plastic knife in the shooter lane for a real knife asap.

Imagine Spookys legal liability if someone cut themselves on a really sharp knife they’d installed in the pin.

Wouldn’t end well!

rd

#220 2 years ago

Just played this as well and also thought it was fun. Really looking forward to getting my BSE now. Only two minor issues stood out to me; a ball got stuck on the ramp screw head and no credit for a match

Quoted from cconway84:

[quoted image][quoted image]

#221 2 years ago

On the new code, with the store. Loomis says “Mystery is Lit”. And when you hit the jack-o-lantern you get to use your blood drops. I know pinballs usually have a mystery…but maybe Loomis should say something like “The store is open”. Any thoughts?

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Careful replacing the knife. There’s a reason the blade is bendy. If you don’t let airballs that hit the knife get to the shooter lane, you may end up with some stuck balls.

Thanks for the advice, I am way down the line and it was just a thought.

#223 2 years ago

And I thought I had a good game. She had 2 million going into her 3rd ball. Put up 52 million on that ball.

9DE1D580-9BDC-46D4-8074-C5CACB2FBD28 (resized).jpeg9DE1D580-9BDC-46D4-8074-C5CACB2FBD28 (resized).jpeg
#224 2 years ago

Store opens: “See anything you like?” Perfect use for that.

Quoted from dnapac:

On the new code, with the store. Loomis says “Mystery is Lit”. And when you hit the jack-o-lantern you get to use your blood drops. I know pinballs usually have a mystery…but maybe Loomis should say something like “The store is open”. Any thoughts?

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Store opens: “See anything you like?” Perfect use for that.

That’s a good one. Great call out! If it’s not used in later code. For something else.

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

This should be the exact knife they use. They mentioned it was from trick or treat studios in one of the podcasts early on.
https://trickortreatstudios.com/halloween-michael-myers-butcher-knife-prop.html

So should be the same size then? How does the knife mount to the playfield? $19.99 is a great price for the knife.

#227 2 years ago

We plan to stream my Halloween tonite on twitch from 8 PM to 10PM central.

Drop in at https://www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia/

#228 2 years ago

#154 checking in! Can't wait to play the game, but also happy to see constant code updates and whatnot happening as the games roll out.

#229 2 years ago

Another tweak needed on the game, ball gets stuck right past left spinner on upper playfield. I added another piece of foam and double sided tape to prevent it from hanging there.

20211010_143924 (resized).jpg20211010_143924 (resized).jpg
#230 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Another tweak needed on the game, ball gets stuck right past left spinner on upper playfield. I added another piece of foam and double sided tape to prevent it from hanging there.
[quoted image]

I did that on the loop de loop on Goldwings for the same reason, annoying when the ball gets stuck.

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

#154 checking in! Can't wait to play the game, but also happy to see constant code updates and whatnot happening as the games roll out.

Sweet!! Congrats, and the #'s are rising!!!

#232 2 years ago

HODL. Game of the year.

C352E5D3-7FF2-45F3-8E5B-266426ACD73E (resized).jpegC352E5D3-7FF2-45F3-8E5B-266426ACD73E (resized).jpeg
#233 2 years ago

This arrived earlier

39D36032-D327-42D2-91D5-FAB7E1283DFE (resized).jpeg39D36032-D327-42D2-91D5-FAB7E1283DFE (resized).jpeg
#234 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

This arrived earlier[quoted image]

I got mine from Amazon last week! I have not watched it yet though.

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Checked it out and the picture and sound are very good.

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Same here. Then I realized I already own 4K version. Haha. I wonder if it looks better than the previous 4K cut. Either way love the packaging and extras

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Same here. Then I realized I already own 4K version. Haha. I wonder if it looks better than the previous 4K cut. Either way love the packaging and extras

It’s different. This release was another start-from-scratch full 4K scan. (The previous one was for the 2K Blu-ray release) Dean Cundey (director of photography, who is the person in charge of framing and lighting the shots, and accurately capturing details, colors, etc) Reviewed and approved this scan and color timing. It’s a more well-rounded version than the 2018 job, which looks basically identical to the previous Bluray, which went a little overboard on the blues and reds are almost nonexistent. The 2018 release is supposedly more accurate to the theatrical colors (how anybody not involved in the production would even know this I have no idea) but regardless it doesn’t translate well to home theater, and this new scan is waaaaaay better.

Even Halloween 2 & 3 got recent 4K scans and those releases look great too. Picked those up at Best Buy of all places.

#238 2 years ago

Talked to Morgan today, #52 should be shipping this week

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This new version has Dolby Atmos as well. I’m still waiting for mine as I got the package with the poster and colored vinyl. Glad to hear they look great.

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Talked to Morgan today, #52 should be shipping this week

Exciting. I haven't been invoiced yet for #58, but have cleared my work day on the 25th for picking it up in Benton.

A small part of me wonders if I will regret not delaying for the "fixed" hedge multiball playfield, but it is small potatoes in the end.

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Exciting. I haven't been invoiced yet for #58, but have cleared my work day on the 25th for picking it up in Benton.
A small part of me wonders if I will regret not delaying for the "fixed" hedge multiball playfield, but it is small potatoes in the end.

I kinda want the "bad" pf! Wont happen at 920 though

#242 2 years ago

Hello guys, I'm the new owner #1221.

Big number close to the end line...
Time will be long before playin

but code wil be updated severall times and most "problems" will be solved

happy to join the owner thread.

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I kinda want the "bad" pf! Wont happen at 920 though

Quoted from icyjones:

If it makes you feel better, I think we will all get a playfield with at least one “bad” insert that doesn’t match the playfield art… since I don’t think Spooky plans on fixing the hexagon nose pumpkin.

CCE9B969-AF47-413D-B393-9DEEF0FAFCFA (resized).jpegCCE9B969-AF47-413D-B393-9DEEF0FAFCFA (resized).jpeg
#245 2 years ago

Oh didn't know this was being tracked, I have CE #3 for whoever maintains this list. CE #4 is at the AYCE Gogi restauant.

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

If it makes you feel better, I think we will all get a playfield with at least one “bad” insert that doesn’t match the playfield art… since I don’t think Spooky plans on fixing the hexagon nose pumpkin.[quoted image]

As a relative newb to owning games, and paying this much attention to inserts, are the traditionally a standard set if shapes, that are used across the board, or are custom ones common?

#247 2 years ago

Anyone else pumped for Halloween kills? I have have tickets for Thursday night

#248 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone else pumped for Halloween kills? I have have tickets for Thursday night

Got our tickets for Friday night.

#249 2 years ago

I got to play Halloween. It’s a great game. The powder coat is beautiful and it matches the art perfectly. The game looks like a fine oil painting. I love the “leaves” as it’s a fall themed game. I didn’t get to see the topper working. The hand and knife was removed from the topper. The cons: The drop targets wouldn’t drop properly and would keep getting stuck half way. I had the same issue on Ultraman. The scoop switch needs moved higher. It causes the light to flash when the ball returns in the subway. It’s very confusing and a let down because how slow it takes for the ball to go to the ball return. I also think it should have been a simple scoop and not have the ball go to the subway. It would make it more interesting than of the rinse and repeat feeling. The balls in the game need staged. The return time is way to slow. It seems like an oversight. I’m still excited to get my game this time next year, lol. Seeing the CE in person does make me a little bummed that I chose to get the BSE instead.

#250 2 years ago

I’m not sure but triangles/arrows are very common. In this case it seems that the mismatches are due to sharing a core playfield w/ Ultraman. Not a big deal either way since it doesn’t affect gameplay and the machine still looks amazing.

Quoted from icyjones:

As a relative newb to owning games, and paying this much attention to inserts, are the traditionally a standard set if shapes, that are used across the board, or are custom ones common?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,964 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/5?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.