IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 339.
#2851 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Can you show a picture of it where you have it on the playfield?

Sorry phone would be the only thing I have to take a photo with. I did a reading at the top middle before the ramps and the between the flippers.
The ball also gets stuck here a lot

PXL_20220121_212853214 (resized).jpgPXL_20220121_212853214 (resized).jpg
#2852 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Yea phone app. Any suggestions? First time owner here haha

Get one of these. You can spend more and get a US made one but this is just fine.

Digital Level Protractor Inclinometer Magnetic Level Angle Meter Angle Finder Level Box Angle Measuring Tool for Carpentry, Building, Automobile, Masonry, etc.Silver+ Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R12DZQ9/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_N0N53G9AE5WHJ32FE6YM

The level needs to be placed on the playfield and not the glass. Also need to check for side to side level.

#2853 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Get one of these. You can spend more and get a US made one but this is just fine.
Digital Level Protractor Inclinometer Magnetic Level Angle Meter Angle Finder Level Box Angle Measuring Tool for Carpentry, Building, Automobile, Masonry, etc.Silver+ Green amazon.com link »
The level needs to be placed on the playfield and not the glass. Also need to check for side to side level.

Sweet I'll pick up one on payday thank you!

#2854 2 years ago
Quoted from Deezer5150:

I’m having the same issue. Doesn’t activate during gameplay or lighting test. I haven’t taken any time to chase it down though.

Any luck?

#2855 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Sweet I'll pick up one on payday thank you!

This is just the switch a bit to high! Pull down on the switch a tiny bit and it will solve!

#2856 2 years ago

Work has been keeping me super busy. I’ve played it once in the last week. Haven’t had any time to lift the playfield.

#2857 2 years ago

I am #263, emailed yesterday and invoiced this morning.

#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Could just be a new animator - who knows- but how cool would additional movies be

My God PLEASE be true.

#2859 2 years ago

Yes many times in the wild of local businesses as well as Spooky travel machines. It means I’m being vague but came up in a discussion.

Quoted from Roostking:

Have you played the game? What does" Based on conversations" mean?

#2860 2 years ago

I honestly don’t know what’s coming.. just that something is coming. I’m excited about it because these guys just keep bringing more.

Quoted from radfordian3505:

My God PLEASE be true.

#2861 2 years ago

If I had to take a stab at it I bet they are getting rights to Blue Oyster Cult ( Don’t Fear the Reaper)

#2862 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

If I had to take a stab at it I bet they are getting rights to Blue Oyster Cult ( Don’t Fear the Reaper)

That’s what I was thinking
And a ‘Dont Fear the Reafer’ mode

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm excited for you all to see the next update.

Ultraman too or just Halloween?

#2864 2 years ago

I would be thrilled with some Jamie Lee Curtis call outs. That would be amazing.

#2865 2 years ago

#287 here - email just received! Yay!

I told them to load it up with butter, of course. I want all the juicy fat that's available.

#2866 2 years ago

In da club!!! I had two Ultraman spots and King Pin let me swap one of them to a Halloween #724. Hope the big announcement is something special.

#2867 2 years ago

237 here. Invoiced 1/14 and paid. Still waiting for shipment notification hopefully any day.

As for code chatter the past couple days, Sounds like people expect way too much. I’ve played this on location several times on code 1.0.1 and was satisfied and there have been a ton of updates since then.

#2868 2 years ago

The big announcement is Michael Myers is RIGHT BEHIND YOU.

#2869 2 years ago

They fixed the Hedge Multiball insert!!! Great news…now my Hedge Multiba version is officially a rare super-limited CE. Thanks Spooky!

#2870 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

They fixed the Hedge Multiball insert!!! Great news…now my Hedge Multiba version is officially a rare super-limited CE. Thanks Spooky!

Hope you got butter then as well

#2871 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Hope you got butter then as well

D’oh!

#2872 2 years ago

Played a fair bit last night after setting up, some observations

- The current code has meat on the bones. Finishing an 'expert' pumpkin mode netted around 7M... best game of the night was around 42M. The Stalker mode appeared to have good risk/reward and was worth good points.

- I can see how people get 'stuck' in House... it's very easy to start (just 3 center ramps) but tough to get through once started. Part because once the House was open, center ramp shots from the right flipper wanted to reject, and also because it takes a lot of spins up top to take down Michael. Gotta learn the buttpretzel timing. That said, the mode never actually got stuck for me - I was always able to get enough spins and make the shot to finish it off.

- Had an issue where I hit Judith enough times to lock the ball, it did lock the ball, but then immediately released it after I hit the flippers to blow off the receding Michael clip. Bug? Skillshot locks here appeared to work normally

- Need an option to turn flipper power down. They started off almost overpowered, but do get quite hot and weaker after extended play. Could still make the center ramp but was getting ehh. Turning down power a bit might help keep temps in check. Plunger/coil alignment seems good on spot check.

- I think once there's a mini-wizard modes for finishing the three main modes (starting each multiball) and another for starting all the pumpkin modes (equivalent to DTR and TABA), the code will feel much more complete. Biggest problem currently is you can have a good game that just fizzles out... tidying up the ends will help immensely.

- Music and atmosphere are both very well done. Animations are kinda ehh but I don't often look at the screen while playing so less importance to me. Even at this early stage, the atmosphere makes this a rather unique game, and one I think people are going to want to add to their collections once it's complete.

- Waiting on balls to dribble through the plumbing and get lifted to the inlanes is noticeable, but not horrible. Staging will be a welcome addition. Remember if you're in House and drain to Asylum, hit the green targets to heal before draining back down.

- Build quality is good. There's a few things... LCD panel rubs up on the BG lift channel when opening and decal edge on bottom lifted a few MM in one spot, but overall good. Cab art pops even without butter.

- LCD is the same shitty LCD that's in Morty, and will need the same IPS replacement for good blacks. In the meantime, use the menu on the current screen to enable gamma and bump contrast a little.

- Audio is very good in content but needs work in execution. Specifically, too much bass and mic 'thump' in the Pleasance vocal callouts... meanwhile the Asylum music has a drumbeat that has no bass whatsoever. Need to remix this stuff, filter the bass from vocals and clean up levels. This thing has a massive cab speaker, let us use it haha Also, the increase in volume in some callouts (shoot green NOT RED!) could be reduced just a tad.. it gets almost too loud if you turn the game up.

- Game plays long. Outlane entrances are tight and flipper gap small. For tournament, I'd change the upper outlane posts to slims, and maybe switch to lightning flippers. This game is similar to LOTR both in rules and easier-than-average layout.

Definitely worth keeping til the code is done. I will evaluate the whole thing at that time, but it's better than I was expecting at this point.

#2873 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

- The current code has meat on the bones. Finishing an 'expert' pumpkin mode netted around 7M... best game of the night was around 42M. The Stalker mode appeared to have good risk/reward and was worth good points.
- I can see how people get 'stuck' in House... it's very easy to start (just 3 center ramps) but tough to get through once started. Part because once the House was open, center ramp shots from the right flipper wanted to reject, and also because it takes a lot of spins up top to take down Michael. Gotta learn the buttpretzel timing. That said, the mode never actually got stuck for me - I was always able to get enough spins and make the shot to finish it off.
- Had an issue where I hit Judith enough times to lock the ball, it did lock the ball, but then immediately released it after I hit the flippers to blow off the receding Michael clip. Bug? Skillshot locks here appeared to work normally
- Need an option to turn flipper power down. They started off almost overpowered, but do get quite hot and weaker after extended play. Could still make the center ramp but was getting ehh. Turning down power a bit might help keep temps in check. Plunger/coil alignment seems good on spot check.
- I think once there's a mini-wizard modes for finishing the three main modes (starting each multiball) and another for starting all the pumpkin modes (equivalent to DTR and TABA), the code will feel much more complete. Biggest problem currently is you can have a good game that just fizzles out... tidying up the ends will help immensely.
- Music and atmosphere are both very well done. Animations are kinda ehh but I don't often look at the screen while playing so less importance to me. Even at this early stage, the atmosphere makes this a rather unique game, and one I think people are going to want to add to their collections once it's complete.
- Waiting on balls to dribble through the plumbing and get lifted to the inlanes is noticeable, but not horrible. Staging will be a welcome addition. Remember if you're in House and drain to Asylum, hit the green targets to heal before draining back down.
- Build quality is good. There's a few things... LCD panel rubs up on the BG lift channel when opening and decal edge on bottom lifted a few MM in one spot, but overall good. Cab art pops even without butter.
- LCD is the same shitty LCD that's in Morty, and will need the same IPS replacement for good blacks. In the meantime, use the menu on the current screen to enable gamma and bump contrast a little.
- Audio is very good in content but needs work in execution. Specifically, too much bass and mic 'thump' in the Pleasance vocal callouts... meanwhile the Asylum music has a drumbeat that has no bass whatsoever. Need to remix this stuff, filter the bass from vocals and clean up levels. This thing has a massive cab speaker, let us use it haha Also, the increase in volume in some callouts (shoot green NOT RED!) could be reduced just a tad.. it gets almost too loud if you turn the game up.
- Game plays long. Outlane entrances are tight and flipper gap small. For tournament, I'd change the upper outlane posts to slims, and maybe switch to lightning flippers. This game is similar to LOTR both in rules and easier-than-average layout.
Definitely worth keeping til the code is done. I will evaluate the whole thing at that time, but it's better than I was expecting at this point.

This makes me really happy to see as I know you were apprehensive! I agree that once the mini wizard modes and wizard modes are in the game it will help really good players feel it's more complete! There is a lot more going on than I think people can tell at this point. Based on your review I am pretty confident we are going to check all the boxes for you with completed code!

#2874 2 years ago

#439 cant come soon enough! Congrats to all those getting invoices.

#2875 2 years ago

More and more eager for mine too! I think I lucked upon a pretty good order number (#379) - far along enough for the code to start hitting its stride, but not so far along the wait will kill me.

#2876 2 years ago

butter.... no butter.... butter.... no butter....

BUTTER!

#2877 2 years ago

PSA: Spooky packing material can easily be recycled into kitty scratchpads with some packing tape. Wrap around the ends, and then cover the bottom to catch the crumbs.

kitty (resized).pngkitty (resized).png
#2878 2 years ago

Where is the closest game on location in nepa?

#2879 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

PSA: Spooky packing material can easily be recycled into kitty scratchpads with some packing tape. Wrap around the ends, and then cover the bottom to catch the crumbs.
[quoted image]

Pinside meets Pinterest.

#2880 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

[quoted image]

LOL! I think people that have cats and pinball machines are crazy! No way I would risk having my machines scratched up.

#2881 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

LOL! I think people that have cats and pinball machines are crazy! No way I would risk having my machines scratched up.

Yep you have some nice machines, I have a dog that has cat like behaviour. You know a total user and a loner

#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I've had a cat for 7 years. With claws. Not once has this ever happened.

She will scratch the scratching post, the cardboard things, the pad on top of the cedar chest, bite the crap out of my hand and arm.....no pinball damage at all. Neither did the prior cat for that matter. This is literally just either *extremely* poor training, abused animals, or people just making shit up.

#2883 2 years ago

I also have fish tanks which are not cat compatible!

#2884 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Some good points. I still get weird bugs with the code at this stage. Not sure if I should document them and send to Spooky or post them here? Or do nothing, don't know.

One thing I would suggest is adding more to the sanitarium playfield if there is something needing to be done on the house playfield, when the ball drops down. I know this has been suggested, and I think it would be a good thing. Random shots could be lit for something there. Maybe the far right hole or sanitarium VUK without hitting anything else, is to escape Michael and avoid more damage to Laurie. I find the mode too easy with the targets adding to Laurie's health, so most all the time when the ball drops to the sanitarium, I need to let it drop down to the main playfield, which isn't too interesting. Just thinking out loud as I type, but more needs to be added here. I think it would help the modes timing. If I'm not getting the feel for the pretzel, the mode is tediously long due to the wait to get back to the flipper. If you die by missing some shots on sanitarium, then you're done. Just a suggestion, but something interesting needs to be added.

Bug said it in his last video and I agree, I don't like that a mode automatically starts for you if you're playing something else. If you're in single ball play, you should be able to select the mode you want. If you are in a MB, I think modes should be out of the picture until you're back in single ball play. Unless you start a mode first, then a MB. That, I can see working.

I'm enjoying the game, but there's still a lot of bugs I encounter where it's almost like the game logic isn't in a good place. In other words, the game gets confused.

#2885 2 years ago

Dup post, sorry

#2886 2 years ago

237 shipped today.
Sweeeeeeet

#2887 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

237 shipped today.
Sweeeeeeet

shining_00 (resized).jpgshining_00 (resized).jpg

Good number...

#2888 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I used to have several machines at a property that had a little kitty. She never damaged the machines at all, instead it became a challenge to play "cat pinball" as we called it, playing with cat on glass going after the ball.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2889 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Some good points. I still get weird bugs with the code at this stage. Not sure if I should document them and send to Spooky or post them here? Or do nothing, don't know.

I'd let them know. Biggest thing is being able to reproduce the bug so they can trigger it for troubleshooting.

One thing I noticed is the game losing track of the ball after house MB while in the 2nd mode, ball went into pumpkin scoop and needed a ballsearch to come out. This happened on 2 different games and the lifter always worked otherwise, so maybe a bug. Haven't had a chance to pull glass to try reproducing yet. May also have something to do with Stalker being qualified.

Quoted from spandol:

One thing I would suggest is adding more to the sanitarium playfield if there is something needing to be done on the house playfield, when the ball drops down. I know this has been suggested, and I think it would be a good thing. Random shots could be lit for something there. Maybe the far right hole or sanitarium VUK without hitting anything else, is to escape Michael and avoid more damage to Laurie. I find the mode too easy with the targets adding to Laurie's health, so most all the time when the ball drops to the sanitarium, I need to let it drop down to the main playfield, which isn't too interesting.

Maybe boost the house finish award based on how you exit Asylum, make the difficult exits add more to jackpot? Don't want too much value here though, ideally you finish house objective without draining to asylum too often. Or, just disable the flipper on asylum if health is not needed. Once staging is implemented, they could inlane lift a ball as soon as the upper one drained off asylum.

Agree on letting players pick modes even if in a main mode.

#2890 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'd let them know. Biggest thing is being able to reproduce the bug so they can trigger it for troubleshooting.
One thing I noticed is the game losing track of the ball after house MB while in the 2nd mode, ball went into pumpkin scoop and needed a ballsearch to come out. This happened on 2 different games and the lifter always worked otherwise, so maybe a bug. Haven't had a chance to pull glass to try reproducing yet. May also have something to do with Stalker being qualified.

Maybe boost the house finish award based on how you exit Asylum, make the difficult exits add more to jackpot? Don't want too much value here though, ideally you finish house objective without draining to asylum too often. Or, just disable the flipper on asylum if health is not needed. Once staging is implemented, they could inlane lift a ball as soon as the upper one drained off asylum.

They know about the Multi-ball/Stalker mode/ball search bug, Bug mentioned it on the stream. It happens anytime Stalker mode is qualified while in multi-ball and you go into the scoop.

Another Stalker related issue is that once you qualify for it and have a pending blood award going into the scoop lets you chose an award, then it kicks you out without activating stalker mode, and you have to go back into the scoop to start it.

#2891 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

[quoted image]
Good number...

I like the way you think, sir.

#2892 2 years ago

Having the pumpkin modes and multi-balls going at the same time can be weird, so my preference would be to just pause them if one is active and not start any until you are done.

The mode where you need to hit a specific drop target is next to impossible if you have multi-ball going. And playing Bob & Linda while qualifying for the house can be weird. Having the drop target down means Laurie can't get hurt, and I'm not sure what happens if you hit the ball across the balcony to start the house multi-ball and progress the mode.

#2893 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I wasn't too concerned with scoring as much as the time it takes for the ball to travel from the house playfield if it drains to the flipper. If there was something more to do with the mode on the sanitarium playfield, it would at least make it not such a long wait without the ability to do anything. I'm hoping they use the sanitarium playfield more.

Quoted from KSP1138:

Having the pumpkin modes and multi-balls going at the same time can be weird, so my preference would be to just pause them if one is active and not start any until you are done.
The mode where you need to hit a specific drop target is next to impossible if you have multi-ball going. And playing Bob & Linda while qualifying for the house can be weird. Having the drop target down means Laurie can't get hurt, and I'm not sure what happens if you hit the ball across the balcony to start the house multi-ball and progress the mode.

Yeah, I noticed this too when Bob & Linda run with House mode. The drop is out of play on the house mode. Maybe the sanitarium playfield could help this. Or don't allow house to run if you're in Bob & Linda.

#2894 2 years ago

I stacked Bob/Linda with house a few times because they both involve the house playfield... I am assuming the droptarget will behave normally for both modes: if you hit it for Bob/Linda, you'd simply take damage in house... if the player doesn't like that, they shouldn't stack those two modes The damage is easy enough to heal down below anyway. I wouldn't want to take the stacks away, just let the player deal with the fallout of conflicting goals.

The game seems to handle this stack fine: I once I finished both objectives up there, shot the balcony to finish off both modes, got the ending clips for both and went into house MB normally. Just the stalker pumpkin hole glitch afterward.

Another good "stack" is starting the 4th mode (standups) and then shooting for your hedge locks. Everything on the left is lit now, and if you're good you can nick a standup while shooting the scoops.

#2895 2 years ago

CE #217 has arrived safely. So far only thing I've noticed is the middle drop target of the three up top likes to stick a little so need to adjust that a smidge there. Otherwise, so far so good. I didn't see a ball saver timeout change in the settings so either I missed it or it's not there yet.

Thanks,
Jeff

IMG_0418 (resized).jpegIMG_0418 (resized).jpegIMG_0419 (resized).jpegIMG_0419 (resized).jpeg
#2896 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I stacked Bob/Linda with house a few times because they both involve the house playfield... I am assuming the droptarget will behave normally for both modes: if you hit it for Bob/Linda, you'd simply take damage in house... if the player doesn't like that, they shouldn't stack those two modes The damage is easy enough to heal down below anyway. I wouldn't want to take the stacks away, just let the player deal with the fallout of conflicting goals.
The game seems to handle this stack fine: I once I finished both objectives up there, shot the balcony to finish off both modes, got the ending clips for both and went into house MB normally. Just the stalker pumpkin hole glitch afterward.
Another good "stack" is starting the 4th mode (standups) and then shooting for your hedge locks. Everything on the left is lit now, and if you're good you can nick a standup while shooting the scoops.

I don’t think it does though. If you’re in both, and hit the target, it stays down for bob and Linda. At that point, there’s no way to get hurt by Michael, until you finish bob and Linda. But you can hurt Michael via the spinners. I guess it could work that way, but it doesn’t seem right to me.

#2897 2 years ago

I'm working with limited room so I was not able to fit the topper on but I made due with some L brackets and Comand strips

PXL_20220126_225104406 (resized).jpgPXL_20220126_225104406 (resized).jpg
#2898 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

CE #217 has arrived safely. So far only thing I've noticed is the middle drop target of the three up top likes to stick a little so need to adjust that a smidge there. Otherwise, so far so good. I didn't see a ball saver timeout change in the settings so either I missed it or it's not there yet.
Thanks,
Jeff
[quoted image][quoted image]

I sound like a broken record, but jesus, the artwork is so good on this game. Stunning, I just cannot imagine any way it could have been done better. Even the front of the cabinet, it's perfect. Every time I see the start button lit up, it just looks integrated into the artwork, like the moon. Imagine if someone created a start button to incorporate the tree branches so it looks like the moon is shining through...

So much respect to the artist - such a banging job.

Edit: just to note I haven't even got my machine yet, I'm only going by everyone's pics!

#2899 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I don’t think it does though. If you’re in both, and hit the target, it stays down for bob and Linda. At that point, there’s no way to get hurt by Michael, until you finish bob and Linda. But you can hurt Michael via the spinners. I guess it could work that way, but it doesn’t seem right to me.

Sounds like a good stack, have Bob distract Michael while I rip spinners If the target has to be both up and down for different modes, they'll just have to pick one to override. Maybe not let you finish B&L til Michael health depleted and then let the target down (but if you manage to sneak it past the target early, go ahead and end B&L normally)

#2900 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I sound like a broken record, but jesus, the artwork is so good on this game.

Yeah, this is a conundrum, as in addition to being really good, the art is different on both sides. This game needs a premium display siting, and right now R&M has that spot in our living room. HWN art is arguably better, but R&M is the better game right now... HWN temporarily setup in dining room til we sort it out. These two are competing with a RZSI so tough room.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
$ 210.00
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,927 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/58?hl=jakedistel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.