20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 339.
#2801 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Check if one or two of your pinballs have become magnetic.
Pop them out, pop them on the glass/lockbar of the neighbouring machine. Move them left/right and see if any stick.
I’ve been getting a bunch of balls going magnetic recently. Stops them rolling down the trough. Very annoying.
rd

I had a similar issue on ToM. That might be it too. Thanks for the ideas guys!

#2802 2 years ago

HUGE NEWS GUYS!!! Big congratulations to Spooky's own Corwin "Bug" Emery for bringing home the victory at the Iowa State invitational! I can't begin to tell you how much this guy puts in the work for you every day 7 days a week!

Resized952022012295173117 (resized).jpgResized952022012295173117 (resized).jpg
#2803 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:HUGE NEWS GUYS!!! Big congratulations to Spooky's own Corwin "Bug" Emery for bringing home the victory at the Iowa State invitational! I can't begin to tell you how much this guy puts in the work for you every day 7 days a week!
[quoted image]

Wow nice job!!!

#2804 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

#shooterrodgatedebunked
Looks great on #56. Thanks Spooky
[quoted image]

Can you post some pics of the cabinet?

#2805 2 years ago

Anyone else have their left inlane elevator just start repeatedly firing in multiball? It typically starts doing this in hedge MB. I’ve also had it start in Sanitarium MB. It keeps going until I start a new mode or drain to the next ball and plunge.

The opto switch seems fine in test mode. So, I was thinking this was software problem; not hardware.

Running v1.05

#2806 2 years ago

First decent footage I have seen with butter cab, looks really nice. Wish I hadn’t seen it now

#2807 2 years ago

“Look at Jason”

#2808 2 years ago

The better I get at this game the more the current code is becoming a problem. Often (on a good game) the game kind of hits a dead end and doesn’t know how to queue up the next mode. The drop targets are all down but the mode start option just isn’t there. You can still play but there is no objective presenting itself. I literally need to drain the current ball to advance the game. Everything resets with the new ball but that isn’t how it should be. I am sure this will be fixed with the next update. I’m not the best player but it is now very noticeable to me. Are others seeing this too?

#2809 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The better I get at this game the more the current code is becoming a problem. Often (on a good game) the game kind of hits a dead end and doesn’t know how to queue up the next mode. The drop targets are all down but the mode start option just isn’t there. You can still play but there is no objective presenting itself. I literally need to drain the current ball to advance the game. Everything resets with the new ball but that isn’t how it should be. I am sure this will be fixed with the next update. I’m not the best player but it is now very noticeable to me. Are others seeing this too?

My experiences have been similar. I also agree that this will all get sorted.

To reset the center drops, I believed you needed to hit a certain number or combos. I’m not sure that’s accurate now after trying the same thing after a few games.

If you’ve played a mode and then started House Attack or Sanitarium, you’re kind of stuck unless you drain.

#2810 2 years ago

Stacking sanitarium mode with any other mode in progress seems to be problematic for sure. Almost want to say the software should not permit sanitarium mode to start while in any other selected mode. I would rather still be able to start hedge multiball during a mode.

#2811 2 years ago

I think this may be the reason IEP sold his so quickly. Even a moderate player can cook through the current code. This game really needs to deepen and widen code wise. Has anyone heard anything about a new update coming? The last one was about 1/10th the additional content I would have hoped for.

#2812 2 years ago

SpookyLuke Any timeline for the next code update?

#2813 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

SpookyLuke Any timeline for the next code update?

I don't jave an exact but we are shooting to put out another nice one in the next few weeks here! This will include another really cool major mode to the game with a bunch of other fixes and improvements. Hoping to keep throwing out an update every 4-6 weeks each one with a major mode added and improving the existing step by step as we go! Should be fun to see how far we can go! I think it will be pretty neat for owners to have a new major mode to strive for with each update. Gives a cool objective goal to shoot for right away whenever a new package comes out.

#2814 2 years ago

My concern here is that even the promised rules updates sound simplistic and shallow. Not necessarily easy per se, but the code doesn't have a lot of nuance.

I picked up a new game today (DP Prem), and while I was at the guy's house, he had me play a game of IMDN Prem. I had never played a Prem before, and I hate Maiden music, but this game was awesome! There is so much going on in parallel, and there are multiple ways to attack the game. Even if you are just an average player, you could choose your path through the game (focus on modes, or the [whatever it's called] multiball, or the Power cards, or whatever). In one game, it drew me in. I could see the game has legs, and could last in a collection because the path wasn't so linear.

Moving over to HWN/UM, the code is so barren by comparison. Adding another mode, or a mini-wizard ultimately doesn't change a whole lot about the experience. It's just such a rudimentary take on a ruleset.

I really like the themes of both HWN and UM, and ordered both games () with the intention of keeping the one that resonated with me more. I don't *hate* them, but I'm definitely not connecting the way I hoped, and I'm not sure the expressed rules direction will fundamentally change my feeling. When I first ordered them, I feared I wouldn't be able to decide which game to get rid of. Now I'm far more concerned whether I'll have any desire to keep either.

On the flip side - I DO *hate* Maiden music, and yet IMDN Prem connected with me in one game 10X more than HWN or UM have since I've owned them.

I REALLY want to be wrong here, and I kinda don't have a choice but to ride things out. Hopefully the game(s) turn around, or they at least level off in value so as to not lose my ass x2. Unfortunately, I'm feeling like a re-imagining of the rule theory is needed.

HWN follows a movie storyline, so this seems potentially harder to do. But UM is wide open. Similar to how GZ has tons of parallel variety (shocker - Elwin) UM has a theme that could support the same. I'm not expecting the impossible here (Spooky code rivaling Elwin), but when the price of the games are the same, I'm at least hoping to be in the same ballpark. Unfortunately I'm not even sure if these games are playing the same sport.

#2815 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:My concern here is that even the promised rules updates sound simplistic and shallow. Not necessarily easy per se, but the code doesn't have a lot of nuance.
I picked up a new game today (DP Prem), and while I was at the guy's house, he had me play a game of IMDN Prem. I had never played a Prem before, and I hate Maiden music, but this game was awesome! There is so much going on in parallel, and there are multiple ways to attack the game. Even if you are just an average player, you could choose your path through the game (focus on modes, or the [whatever it's called] multiball, or the Power cards, or whatever). In one game, it drew me in. I could see the game has legs, and could last in a collection because the path wasn't so linear.
Moving over to HWN/UM, the code is so barren by comparison. Adding another mode, or a mini-wizard ultimately doesn't change a whole lot about the experience. It's just such a rudimentary take on a ruleset.
I really like the themes of both HWN and UM, and ordered both games () with the intention of keeping the one that resonated with me more. I don't *hate* them, but I'm definitely not connecting the way I hoped, and I'm not sure the expressed rules direction will fundamentally change my feeling. When I first ordered them, I feared I wouldn't be able to decide which game to get rid of. Now I'm far more concerned whether I'll have any desire to keep either.
On the flip side - I DO *hate* Maiden music, and yet IMDN Prem connected with me in one game 10X more than HWN or UM have since I've owned them.
I REALLY want to be wrong here, and I kinda don't have a choice but to ride things out. Hopefully the game(s) turn around, or they at least level off in value so as to not lose my ass x2. Unfortunately, I'm feeling like a re-imagining of the rule theory is needed.
HWN follows a movie storyline, so this seems potentially harder to do. But UM is wide open. Similar to how GZ has tons of parallel variety (shocker - Elwin) UM has a theme that could support the same. I'm not expecting the impossible here (Spooky code rivaling Elwin), but when the price of the games are the same, I'm at least hoping to be in the same ballpark. Unfortunately I'm not even sure if these games are playing the same sport.

It's probably a slightly unfair comparison, because Iron Maiden isn't constrained by any kind of story/sequence. But I do agree for the type of game, it is coded almost to perfection - the thing with IMDN is you are always making progress towards something - the way they made one of the mini wizard modes (Cyborg Multiball) achievable just by hitting pops, ramps, spinners, targets and orbits is a stroke of genius. It means a beginner can flail around on IMDN and have a brilliant game, and a more experienced player can still apply multiple strategies. Not only that but IMDN is a super fast, flowing game and very much free form and open, while having some very clear goals/progression.

However, I think Halloween just has to be more like a movie pin (think GB, and games like LOTR where you have to progress through movie/story modes) so it's always going to be a different experience, and perhaps a bit more sequential in the way you progress (i really hate the word linear). But thats not to say we can't have a few more incidental modes happening in parallel with the main ones. I just think with a movie themed pin you are a little hamstrung by the content - and if you stray too far from the source you'll upset the target audience.

The guys seem to be very keen to get this code right. With movie pins, the modes do have way more importance as they represent the movie sequences, and they've already shown that they can create some very unique modes (stalker mode), I'm very eager to see what else they'll create for us.

#2816 2 years ago

In talking to some people I’m just not surprised where it’s at. I asked some people in the know what percentage complete was the code when the game went for sale. The comment made was MAYBE 5% done. If true and I was told several things - they still aren’t even close. Just some perspective regardless if you think that it’s right of them to launch like that or not.

I’ve also heard a big deal was signed - I mentioned it in this thread - had been pushed back but “very close”

#2817 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

My concern here is that even the promised rules updates sound simplistic and shallow. Not necessarily easy per se, but the code doesn't have a lot of nuance.

I guess all I can say is you are comparing 2 games that are approaching 4 years since release to a game that's 6 months since release. We are working on some pretty cool stuff. Not sure what else I can do or say.

#2818 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I’ve also heard a big deal was signed - I mentioned it in this thread - had been pushed back but “very close”

Halloween II?

#2819 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

The comment made was MAYBE 5% done.

I think we need to temper expectations from that number. When the game launched there were 3 unique multiballs and 6 unique modes. Based on the 5% comment, that would put a "finished game" at 60 multiballs and 120 modes.

#2820 2 years ago

Well I also don’t know the exact timing the comment was coming from - but based on conversations sounded like 10% complete would be generous. Beers were involved and I don’t think this comment was made to suggest at the time of the first game being shipped.

My bigger point in even saying this is if that’s the case we have so much more to look forward to.

My source would not let me in on what the exciting “signed deal” is but that’s it’s 90% there at least and very close. This person is aware of this thread - and I hope I’m not breaking confidentiality but rather giving some additional excitement to the future of this game.

Quoted from lpeters82:

I think we need to temper expectations a bit from that number. When the game launched there were 3 multiballs and 6 modes. Based on the 5% comment, that would put a "finished game" at 60 multiballs and 120 modes.

#2821 2 years ago

I'm excited for you all to see the next update.

#2822 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

HUGE NEWS GUYS!!! Big congratulations to Spooky's own Corwin "Bug" Emery for bringing home the victory at the Iowa State invitational! I can't begin to tell you how much this guy puts in the work for you every day 7 days a week!
[quoted image]

Congratulations, @spookybug! Can’t wait to see your video telling us all about it!

#2823 2 years ago

After a mode is over, you have to make each orbit to reset the drops, then knocking them down relights the scoop to start the next mode. And as you progress, the number of orbits you have to make to reset the drop targets increases. This is one of the most challenging parts of the game.

#2824 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

After a mode is over, you have to make each orbit to reset the drops, then knocking them down relights the scoop to start the next mode. And as you progress, the number of orbits you have to make to reset the drop targets increases. This is one of the most challenging parts of the game.

Normally that is true but if you start and / or complete the sanitarium mode while you are in the middle of a pumpkin mode all bets are off. At that point draining the ball seems to be the only solution on current code.

#2825 2 years ago

Got email today from Morgan asking for cab choice....264!!! Butter all the way....

#2826 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Got email today from Morgan asking for cab choice....264!!! Butter all the way....

Hmm. #257 here and nothing yet. Anyone else around that number getting anything?

#2827 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

303! Cannot wait!

#2828 2 years ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Hmm. #257 here and nothing yet. Anyone else around that number getting anything?

262 also got mail today. Mine went to the junk folder so if you have not checked there already....

#2829 2 years ago

312 impatiently waiting, over here...we're getting close!

#2830 2 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

262 also got mail today. Mine went to the junk folder so if you have not checked there already....

Thanks. I'll watch the next few days.

#2831 2 years ago

I’m 317 and still undecided on butter or not. Last thing I want is my wife saying…. I can’t believe it’s not butter.

#2832 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Based on the 5% comment, that would put a "finished game" at 60 multiballs and 120 modes.

That still wouldn’t be enough for some people ….

rd

#2833 2 years ago

If anyone ended up with two spots and wants to trade one of them for an Ultraman let me know.

#2834 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Jamie Lee callouts?

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Halloween III?????!!!!

#2836 2 years ago

Could just be a new animator - who knows- but how cool would additional movies be

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Halloween III?????!!!!

#2837 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Could just be a new animator - who knows- but how cool would additional movies be

Ha, anything less than all 36 Halloween movies, remakes and reboots crammed into the game will be a crushing disappointment. I’ve got my action dolls ready!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2838 2 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

#257 got the options email today as well. Anticipation building. Going to be playing. Played the game last weekend again at One Well Brewing in Kalamzoo. Can't wait to play it in a home environment. Sold two 4 wheelers to make this purchase. Haha.

#2839 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

You're comparing to what is considered by many to be a top 10 game of all time.

Unfortunately not every game can fit into the Top 10. Not every game is going to be the best game ever. With so many options now, there's plenty of room for lots of different styles of game. In fact, for many like me, with decent collections and having owned alot of games, i'm looking for something different.

In case everyone forgot, Spooky is a boutique pinball manufacturer. There is no point in them competeing head on with the big guys - they'll never win. They need to find a niche, and thats exactly what theyve done here with UM/HWN. I have huge faith in Spooky and both these games.

Remember - "Spooky put the BOO in BOO-TIQUE!"

#2840 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

they'll never win.

Disagree, I think Spooky already won beating all the "big guys" with their customer support. That goes a very long way, and to me I'm going to continue to support Spooky by purchasing their products. They listen, interact & support with their customer more than any other pinball manufacturer. If this trend continues, I'll continue to support them.

#2841 2 years ago

As long as we’re talking code updates, can I voice what I suspect will be an unpopular opinion?

I just flat out disagree with the philosophy that code updates should pile more and more gameplay into a pinball machine to satisfy the hardest core players.

There’s a sweet spot to a fighting game roster. The original Street Fighter II had 8 players to learn. Everyone my age knows every move for every character. Compare that to the latest Tekken has FIFTY FOUR players. I’ve played the game since 1993, and I don’t have a deep understanding of half my matchups.

I don’t want more and more stuff. I just want what’s there to shine. I want to deeply understand every single mode, rather than have a shallow understanding of 30 modes.

I have Godzilla premium. A change in the latest code tweaked your first ball to only require one ramp to be hit instead of two. That’s a good example of what a code update should accomplish - it polishes what’s there and adds to your flow state.

I mean this respectfully, but I honestly don’t understand what some people are expecting. A whole new game?

#2842 2 years ago

#251 got my options email today as well. Sticking with the standard cabinet.

#2843 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

As long as we’re talking code updates, can I voice what I suspect will be an unpopular opinion?
I just flat out disagree with the philosophy that code updates should pile more and more gameplay into a pinball machine to satisfy the hardest core players.
There’s a sweet spot to a fighting game roster. The original Street Fighter II had 8 players to learn. Everyone my age knows every move for every character. Compare that to the latest Tekken has FIFTY FOUR players. I’ve played the game since 1993, and I don’t have a deep understanding of half my matchups.
I don’t want more and more stuff. I just want what’s there to shine. I want to deeply understand every single mode, rather than have a shallow understanding of 30 modes.
I have Godzilla premium. A change in the latest code tweaked your first ball to only require one ramp to be hit instead of two. That’s a good example of what a code update should accomplish - it polishes what’s there and adds to your flow state.
I mean this respectfully, but I honestly don’t understand what some people are expecting. A whole new game?

I don't think this will be too unpopular, and I certainly agree with it - Spooky have already mentioned that they plan to add another couple of modes, another MB and maybe another wizard mode and as far as game content goes you can't really ask for more than that. The flowchart they created for Halloween already seems pretty decent with regard to the number of things to do. Perhaps adding what they have planned couldn't hurt, but I think that should be it, and further updates should be refinement, and supplementing this content (maybe movie clips, callouts, animations), and just overall polishing of the rules based around it all. The fine details make a huge difference.

#2844 2 years ago
hmb (resized).pnghmb (resized).png
#2845 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

[quoted image]

Only part of the hedge graphic is lit up?! Unacceptable.

#2846 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Well I also don’t know the exact timing the comment was coming from - but based on conversations sounded like 10% complete would be generous. Beers were involved and I don’t think this comment was made to suggest at the time of the first game being shipped.
My bigger point in even saying this is if that’s the case we have so much more to look forward to.
My source would not let me in on what the exciting “signed deal” is but that’s it’s 90% there at least and very close. This person is aware of this thread - and I hope I’m not breaking confidentiality but rather giving some additional excitement to the future of this game.

Have you played the game? What does" Based on conversations" mean?

#2847 2 years ago

139 here just arrived on Friday. Still dialing her in so far a lot of stuck balls haha. I have it at about a 7 that's with the back raised all the way and the front lowered all the way. Wondering if I take out the front bolts if I can get it on a better angle?

Screenshot_20220122-185644 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220122-185644 (resized).png
#2848 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

139 here just arrived on Friday. Still dialing her in so far a lot of stuck balls haha. I have it at about a 7 that's with the back raised all the way and the front lowered all the way. Wondering if I take out the front bolts if I can get it on a better angle?
[quoted image]

That doesn't sound right. What are you using to determine pitch? Phone apps are lousy.

#2849 2 years ago

That doesn't sound right. What are you using to determine pitch? Phone apps are lousy.

Yea phone app. Any suggestions? First time owner here haha

#2850 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Yea phone app. Any suggestions? First time owner here haha

Can you show a picture of it where you have it on the playfield?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/57?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.