Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,957 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 340.
#2751 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

All I see are a bunch of greedy assholes who wanted to screw people over from flipping and are getting exactly what they deserve. If you're not into the game/theme then why in the world would you plop a non-refundable deposit down...??? This isn't FOMO, this is greed.
Jeff

Jeff, where are your stats coming from? Where is your evidence? Most of the guys I've seen selling just don't like the outlook of the game.

Quoted from kciaccio:

Nobody is losing money on NIB pins but Spooky owners in this market. Unfortunately. Even Led Zepplin, probably the worst NIB pin you can buy isn't losing money like these Spooky games..

Most are losing money on presales, not games. Take a look at stranger things. It was in the same place when it came out.

I truly hope that all of you impatient buyers start investing in stocks, following them daily. You'll get slayed your first year and earn some of the best wisdom that you can: Patience fucking pays.

There truly is a lesson here. Stay the course. Inquire and learn. Most of all, Chillax.

#2752 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Jeff, where are your stats coming from? Where is your evidence? Most of the guys I've seen selling just don't like the outlook of the game.

Where are your stats coming from? Where's your evidence? We're both just offering opinions, relax... FFS...

While we're on opinions, that's a load of BS, "just don't like the outlook of the game"...??? As if anyone can make that judgement this early into production...

Jeff

#2753 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

It looks like eight want out, five need money, two are switching to Ultra Man, and one has upgraded spots and is selling the former spot. I excluded two known retailers, because of course they'll be looking to sell. Seems like a fairly normal ratio with so many other releases. I'd be surprised if half of the listings aren't veiled "I can't flip this so I'm cutting my losses." If you're up against it money-wise in the first place why go all-in with the highest level of the game when they're all the same layout?

I'll add some perspective here. I briefly listed my spot on a local forum (not pinside). Took it down after a few days though. My only reason: I am REALLY out of space, my build is up soon, and I already have an Ultraman. I don't really have intention of selling this game, nor will I ever take a loss on it if I did. I'm delaying the build instead.

Too much overblown negativity right now. My experience with Ultraman so far, by contrast, has been great. Really enjoying the latest code. Things are headed in the right direction.

#2754 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

just don't like the outlook of the game.

What about waiting for delivery of the actual game, playing it ( ) and then deciding for themselves if they like the ACTUAL game rather than the "outlook" of the game?

Having said that the term "outlook" is often used by commodity/share/crypto traders and speculators, so it's probably a pretty good description of whats going on here. This hobby has changed from "I buy pinball machines to play and have fun" to "I buy pinball machines due to FOMO, to make money and to impress my friends .... I dont know if its fun or not because I dont really play it and since I dont know if its fun or not I need to listen to a podcast to decide for me."

As far as hobbies go, pinball has always been dirt cheap even when you factor in an occasional loss on the sale of a game. These days it's ridiculously cheap. Most of the whingers in these threads are sitting on collections worth 2-3 times what they paid for them and they are losing their minds over losing a $2K deposit on one game.

Alot of the panic crowd have also been besotted by the next game that has released since they commited to HWN/UM. Rush? CCR? GZ?

#2755 2 years ago

Man you are not wrong when it comes to the first year in the market. I’m ending my first year and wow these lessons are expensive

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Most are losing money on presales, not games. Take a look at stranger things. It was in the same place when it came out.
I truly hope that all of you impatient buyers start investing in stocks, following them daily. You'll get slayed your first year and earn some of the best wisdom that you can: Patience fucking pays.
There truly is a lesson here. Stay the course. Inquire and learn. Most of all, Chillax.

#2756 2 years ago

My distributor, PinballSTAR wrote me today, asking if I wanted butter on my Halloween cabinet. it’s $1000.

What do you all think? Is it worth it?

#2757 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

My distributor, PinballSTAR wrote me today, asking if I wanted butter on my Halloween cabinet. it’s $1000.

Not springing for the butter is literally my only regret about Halloween. The decals look great, but the art is so damn good that as a huge fan of the theme, I should have gone for the best. I would say if you are a big fan, and consider it a bit of a showpiece in your collection, go for it. If it's "just another machine" for you, and it will just be shoved in the middle of a line up anyway, maybe not.

#2758 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not springing for the butter is literally my only regret about Halloween. The decals look great, but the art is so damn good that as a huge fan of the theme, I should have gone for the best. I would say if you are a big fan, and consider it a bit of a showpiece in your collection, go for it. If it's "just another machine" for you, and it will just be shoved in the middle of a line up anyway, maybe not.

YOU SOLD ME.

#2759 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I’m in the same boat… I think I decided against it. If you damage or scrape the cab it’s not fixable… due to it being clear coated. But they’re beautiful cabinets.

#2760 2 years ago

I can't wait to get my CE, still going to be awhile for me...How's the new code?

#2761 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I’m in the same boat… I think I decided against it. If you damage or scrape the cab it’s not fixable… due to it being clear coated. But they’re beautiful cabinets.

I have no kids, which is why I have money to buy pinball machines, haha. Not worried about it getting scratched.

#2762 2 years ago

Give it six months, it’s almost acceptable at the moment.

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I can't wait to get my CE, still going to be awhile for me...How's the new code?

#2763 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I have no kids, which is why I have money to buy pinball machines, haha. Not worried about it getting scratched.

The funny thing is - while I have kids all the darn scratches are from me moving or working on them. The problem is me! Oh yeah, and I went with non-butter because of that and they're all lined up. Enjoy whatever works best for you! Still a great game.

#2764 2 years ago

I went non-butter for a couple reasons. For one, it's going to be in a line up. An old timer collector once said to me "you don't play the cabinet". For some reason that always stuck in my head. The other reason was to put 1K towards CCr SE. I wouldn't pay 1250 for a topper either. My line-up will be as diverse as I could make it in a 4 game collection. Wild west, Horror, Sci-Fi, Medieval. MMr, CCr, AFMr, HWN. Then I'm out of room.

#2765 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

The funny thing is - while I have kids all the darn scratches are from me moving or working on them. The problem is me! Oh yeah, and I went with non-butter because of that and they're all lined up. Enjoy whatever works best for you! Still a great game.

Quoted from JesseJames23:

I had a CE that I traded already and I’m going to get a later build - I’m thinking of going butter due to the way the decals were installed - poorly installed, overlapped the corners, and were already peeling

#2766 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Jediturtle is spot on again (really liked your recent summary of this game). As a halloween fanatic and someone that has always been against butter cabinets, I couldn't be more wrong in this situation. Which is why I went with butter on mine and I have zero regrets. For me this game is more than just pinball - it's an art showcase. The decals imo look worse than Spooky's other games. I have a Rick and Morty and those decals seem to pop more than the decals I saw at Halloween at my local place (Helicon). If it's just another machine for you though, def skip it. Not worth it.

#2767 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

This adds to the negativity...[quoted image]

These are all the assholes who bought to flip or had huge FOMO. I hope everyone of them are stuck with the game or lose money.

#2768 2 years ago

I went butter because my game is on the end of my lineup and its very visible. I personally think that Halloween has the nicest art package of any modern game and I wanted to present it as a pinball machine and a piece of art.

#2769 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

These are all the assholes who bought to flip or had huge FOMO. I hope everyone of them are stuck with the game or lose money.

I wouldn't lump everyone together. There are definitely some with legit reasons. Priorities change, things come up, etc. That's understandable. I even cut some slack to those that ordered (out of FOMO or just plain love of the theme or company), but change their mind after getting to actually play one. Not every game is for every person, and when machines are selling out before anyone can play them, I can see why people worry about missing out. Heck, I took that gamble myself. Thankfully I love the game, so it worked out for me, but I can see how people would want to get out of a preorder if they do not like it after finally playing it.

I do have to agree that I don't mind seeing the speculators/flippers get burned though.

#2770 2 years ago

Man, all this butter vs. non-butter has me rethinking my 'no butter' leaning.

#2771 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Man, all this butter vs. non-butter has me rethinking my 'no butter' leaning.

For the first time in my collector journey. I have FOMO for Butter…..

#2772 2 years ago

I've had my game for about 3 months now and really enjoy it. Like every other game that I've purchased NIB (way too many) there are small issues, but it's this way from every manufacturer.

Jumping on the bandwagon to bag on the code (which isn't bad) is somewhat unfair. The code development evolution goes this way from all the manufacturers. At least Spooky will listen and make adjustments based on feedback. The others (Stern/JJP) can give two craps about your gripes.

People also need to get off the LE freight train! THERE'S NOTHING LIMITED ABOUT 1000 MACHINES! For the ones that pay 4-5k over MSRP...that's stupid! Yes, I know people can spend whatever they want for something, but dear god, have some value for the dollar you've earned! These titles aren't truly limited at 1000, this is the big COVID cash grab of 2021, so get off the hype trains and chill out!

I'm also aware that this is a 10k toy, but when a company backs a product like this company does, give that some value also. The other guys give you so little in this department in comparison.

#2773 2 years ago

Munsters literally just got the code the game deserves, sometimes it takes years.

Quoted from billyboy:

I've had my game for about 3 months now and really enjoy it. Like every other game that I've purchased NIB (way too many) there are small issues, but it's this way from every manufacturer.
Jumping on the bandwagon to bag on the code (which isn't bad) is somewhat unfair. The code development evolution goes this way from all the manufacturers. At least Spooky will listen and make adjustments based on feedback. The others (Stern/JJP) can give two craps about your gripes.
People also need to get off the LE freight train! THERE'S NOTHING LIMITED ABOUT 1000 MACHINES! For the ones that pay 4-5k over MSRP...that's stupid! Yes, I know people can spend whatever they want for something, but dear god, have some value for the dollar you've earned! These titles aren't truly limited at 1000, this is the big COVID cash grab of 2021, so get off the hype trains and chill out!
I'm also aware that this is a 10k toy, but when a company backs a product like this company does, give that some value also. The other guys give you so little in this department in comparison.

#2774 2 years ago
Quoted from billyboy:

THERE'S NOTHING LIMITED ABOUT 1000 MACHINES!

Well, it is limited to 1,000 (or 1,250 I guess because everyone could have ordered LEs)

#2775 2 years ago

I knew when I bought the game that it was very early code, and that it would probably take at least a year, if not longer, to get to something resembling the final code. And to me that kind of interesting, seeing the progression of the code and getting to play each version. I probably would have started at version 0.80 and worked up to a "we think we're done" version 1.00 instead of starting there but it's just a number.

#2776 2 years ago
Quoted from billyboy:

The others (Stern/JJP) can give two craps about your gripes.

This is not true. I’ve given lots of code suggestions to Stern that made it into code updates. Sure they’re not going to implement every idea (sorry, some just might not be actually good) …but they listen to players & will implement good ideas.

#2777 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

pinball has always been dirt cheap even when you factor in an occasional loss on the sale of a game. These days it's ridiculously cheap. Most of the whingers in these threads are sitting on collections worth 2-3 times what they paid for them and they are losing their minds over losing a $2K deposit on one game.

This entire outlook is entirely predicated on the concept of being able to drop 6000-12000 on games when they launch....which is anything but "cheap." I don't agree with the general mindset that seems to be going around with UM/HW, but this is a silly take.

Pinball is expensive, always has been. 13 years ago, I could buy 10+ console games...... or one project beater Space Shuttle for 500 bucks. And I guarantee you I put more hours into a 50 buck RPG than I have on just about any pinball machine I've ever owned aside from Tron or Metallica. There's also zero maintenance cost on video games, movies, etc. The cost for an hour of pinball entertainment in your home is *ludicrously high* compared to just about anything else other than cars, boats, and luxury watch collecting. ~_~

#2778 2 years ago

In Germany we wait and wait and wait…. I thing the first come to Halloween

#2779 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Well, it is limited to 1,000 (or 1,250 I guess because everyone could have ordered LEs)

I thought the run was 1250 total for both Halloween and Ultraman?? 750-Halloween 500-Ultraman

#2780 2 years ago
Quoted from NewmanJerry:

I thought the run was 1250 total for both Halloween and Ultraman?? 750-Halloween 500-Ultraman

Nope. 1250 Ween & 500 Ultra.

#2781 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope. 1250 Ween & 500 Ultra.

Gotcha. thanks.

#2782 2 years ago

I’m really glad I was able to see both the butter Vs non-butter side by side or I would be FOMO about the butter based on the comments here in the thread.

Now if the decals are not installed correctly that’s a whole different issue!

#2783 2 years ago

#shooterrodgatedebunked

Looks great on #56. Thanks Spooky

20220119_173553 (resized).jpg20220119_173553 (resized).jpg
#2784 2 years ago

That's not a good abbreviation, already taken. Just use HWN.

ween (resized).jpgween (resized).jpg
#2785 2 years ago

Has anyone started writing a comprehensive rule sheet for this game yet?

#2786 2 years ago

Ironically, all this sh*t posting about HWN/UM has me even more excited to finally get my game.

#2787 2 years ago

Just finished Halloween Kills. Damn. Just…damn.

I’m jonesing for this pin now.

FA414790-418D-470F-9DA2-5863F174F219.gifFA414790-418D-470F-9DA2-5863F174F219.gif
#2788 2 years ago

Nice. My family and I plan to watch the original on the projector this weekend before ours comes home next week.

Quoted from underlord:

Just finished Halloween Kills. Damn. Just…damn.
I’m jonesing for this pin now. [quoted image]

#2789 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

#shooterrodgatedebunked
Looks great on #56. Thanks Spooky
[quoted image]

Is that cabinet a butterbox? It looks great.

#2790 2 years ago

Balls not getting out of the trough getting a little annoying. Play a couple games and it seems fine. Then balls struggle to make it out into the shooter lane. All trough switches including the opto test fine. Even cleaned the optos with a lens wipe, no change. Don’t know if it’s an alignment issue where balls drain and don’t roll all the way forward or something? If it does it during sanitarium mode, if the balls don’t come out after a couple of attempts, the game counts it as a drain and goes to the next ball until the game is over. I would reseat the trough switch connectors if I had a switch matrix to tell me which connector is which. If it goes through this the Skillshot screen just overlays everything behind it. I didn’t have any of this happening when I had 1.04. I don’t know if it’s coincidence or not.

#2791 2 years ago
F674A8A7-29A5-4788-8647-6270557023E3 (resized).jpegF674A8A7-29A5-4788-8647-6270557023E3 (resized).jpeg
#2792 2 years ago

Anyone get shipment notification this week and if so what number were you?

#2793 2 years ago

Dug? More like BUG haha

#2794 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Balls not getting out of the trough getting a little annoying

Check if one or two of your pinballs have become magnetic.

Pop them out, pop them on the glass/lockbar of the neighbouring machine. Move them left/right and see if any stick.

I’ve been getting a bunch of balls going magnetic recently. Stops them rolling down the trough. Very annoying.

rd

#2795 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

Anyone get shipment notification this week and if so what number were you?

Yep, it's on the way and #217.

Jeff

#2796 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Balls not getting out of the trough getting a little annoying. Play a couple games and it seems fine. Then balls struggle to make it out into the shooter lane. All trough switches including the opto test fine. Even cleaned the optos with a lens wipe, no change. Don’t know if it’s an alignment issue where balls drain and don’t roll all the way forward or something? If it does it during sanitarium mode, if the balls don’t come out after a couple of attempts, the game counts it as a drain and goes to the next ball until the game is over. I would reseat the trough switch connectors if I had a switch matrix to tell me which connector is which. If it goes through this the Skillshot screen just overlays everything behind it. I didn’t have any of this happening when I had 1.04. I don’t know if it’s coincidence or not.

Is the game trying to eject and failing or not trying to eject at all? Is this happening randomly or during a specific mode? Since this seemed to happen after a code update, I might try a reinstall of your 1.05 code. What's happening is not normal. There is something wrong, so we just need to figure out what that something is. You can also call the service line on Monday.

PS: The switches are all labeled in the test menu. The trough is on Switch Bank 2. If it's working in the test menu, I wouldn't expect that to be the issue.

#2797 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

Is that cabinet a butterbox? It looks great.

Yes. All buttered up

#2798 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Is the game trying to eject and failing or not trying to eject at all? Is this happening randomly or during a specific mode? Since this seemed to happen after a code update, I might try a reinstall of your 1.05 code. What's happening is not normal. There is something wrong, so we just need to figure out what that something is. You can also call the service line on Monday.
PS: The switches are all labeled in the test menu. The trough is on Switch Bank 2. If it's working in the test menu, I wouldn't expect that to be the issue.

The eject plunger is firing but sometimes the ball won’t make it up the shoot. It will try so many times and then just show the end of ball bonus screen, count as a drain and go to the next ball. It’s intermittent. Sometimes I’ll play a whole game and it won’t happen. If it happens on a ball save the game gives up after 3 or 4 tries to get the ball out and on to the next ball. Try 3 or 4 times and then it’s game over. I’m starting to wonder if the black foam is positioned too close to the edge of the hole? Hangs up on that and falls back down? I was considering just removing it and replacing it with a piece of mylar just to keep that spot from damage.

#2799 2 years ago

Unfortunately, having some issues at the power plant that will keep me from being to mess with it for about a week.

#2800 2 years ago

I thought reseating the connectors for all the trough switches might help since I had an intermittent right flipper issue where the right flipper wouldn't work at all then start working again after a reboot. Reseated the connector I was able to trace out and the problem never came back. See my previous post for a full explanation of that issue. I don’t know if a software problem could present intermittently or not but it can’t hurt to try.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,957 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.