IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 338.
#2601 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Game #200 arrived today. Where is the manual? Don't see one online either., Wanted to get into the adjustments menu..cant find it. Only issue so far..ball stuck in scoop behind upper playfield drop Target ..would kick out..hit drop Target..back in..endless , had to turn off to fix.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How is your hedge multiball insert? Congrats on the delivery.

#2602 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I personally would move your pins away from that huge window and sunlight.

This a 100%^

#2603 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Has Spooky fixed the playfield insert "MultiBA" issue ? Do they plan on addressing / fixing it ? I saw #169 still has the insert issue. If so at what number do they plan to make the fix ? Those that are unaware it looks like this:
SpookyLuke SpookyBug SpookyKT spooky_dj SpookyCharlie
[quoted image]

It's been fixed.

#2604 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It's not a Stern, It's a boutique pin that has lots of code updates this year. Mostly final code is still 5 to 8 months away.

I truly don't consider Spooky a boutique pin company anymore, they are now rollin' with the big boys. Spooky now puts the BOO in BOOeautiful pins.

Quoted from P1nhead:

It's been fixed.

What numbers moving forward are getting the "fix" ?!

#2605 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I truly don't consider Spooky a boutique pin company anymore, they are now rollin' with the big boys. Spooky now puts the BOO in BOOeautiful pins.

Not sure, I was in the first 20 after friends and families got built. They emailed me this past Friday I think, changed the invoice to include AMH armor upgrade and paid on Monday.

So I would say anyone invoiced last Friday and after would probably have a corrected playfield.

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Stern puts out more limited editions of a single pin than the whole production of Halloween. Put that in perspective. And pros are their most produced pin.

#2607 2 years ago

Fuck that insert..you dumb bitches 8

#2608 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Fuck that insert..you dumb bitches 8

Questions.... im.the Marines..
I'm not sensitive to anything. Divorced 3 times

#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Obviously

#2610 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Not sure, I was in the first 20 after friends and families got built. They emailed me this past Friday I think, changed the invoice to include AMH armor upgrade and paid on Monday.
So I would say anyone invoiced last Friday and after would probably have a corrected playfield.

Confused by this entirely what’s AMH as in America’s Most Haunted “Armor” upgrade. It doesn’t make any sense on a Halloween CE build / invoice, what does that have anything to do or indicates that’s the playfield insert is getting fixed ?!

Has Spooky actually commented that they are proceeding with fixing the insert issue ?

#2611 2 years ago

Im. The laughing at.divorce Three times.

I bet! Lol

Quoted from jdlang11:

#2612 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Stern puts out more limited editions of a single pin than the whole production of Halloween.

Stern’s last two LEs were 1000 each.

Spooky’s making 1250 Halloweens.

#2613 2 years ago

Well, we put 40 plays on it after it arrived yesterday, my first impressions, my cabinet is not quite square in the back, you could hear the wood cracking when the leg was Installed trying to smoosh it together, random grey powder or shavings or something inside the cabinet, my backglass and speaker panel are not quite straight either, you have to finagle it to get the glass out, head decals have some slight peeling at corners, which will probably get worse. My GNR sitting right next to it, and my sterns have a nice T molding for a nice finished look with the art slightly recessed , I'd recommend spooky change to this in the future. Also..I don't have a # plaque on my speaker panel, looks like they forgot mine. The shooter housing really should be powder coated to match everything else. The knife shooter handle is a seemingly poor quality unfinished wood. I don't think it will hold up well over time. It should at least be sealed, or changed to a composite material later on. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be rules cards included, if so I don't have those either, and the lack of a manual is lame, I don't see a downloadable manual anywhere either. Now let's talk about playing. Game played well, not sure what I'm doing yet on it, but I can read up on that. My ball got stuck in sanatarium scoop behind drop Target.. had to shut game off to fix. Got some balls stuck on hedge, had to take glass off to fix. I don't care for the house mode just seemingly going on forever..I could not hit the spinners well..and it doesn't time our so your just stuck completing...or draining. I don't see this being a good game for a location, it would not be enjoyable with all the other games on, loud people, lights etc. A quiet home environment seems fitting for it.

IMG_20220113_182821 (resized).jpgIMG_20220113_182821 (resized).jpgIMG_20220114_101105 (resized).jpgIMG_20220114_101105 (resized).jpgIMG_20220114_101138 (resized).jpgIMG_20220114_101138 (resized).jpg
#2614 2 years ago

eek. Now that stinks. Hopefully Spooky will make things right for you. Cabinet is something to not play around with. I rather them slow down and make a great quality machine instead of rushing things out.

#2615 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

eek. Now that stinks. Hopefully Spooky will make things right for you. Cabinet is something to not play around with. I rather them slow down and make a great quality machine instead of rushing things out.

Agreed, My number 61 arrived in awesome condition. Only thing I had to do was solder a wire back on for the Pumpkin light and adjust the switch in the Sanitarium scoop.
Spooky reputation is already getting torn up with people selling their machines at a loss in a sellers market...They need to at least keep the quality of the machine reputation up.

#2616 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Agreed, My number 61 arrived in awesome condition. Only thing I had to do was solder a wire back on for the Pumpkin light and adjust the switch in the Sanitarium scoop.
Spooky reputation is already getting torn up with people selling their machines at a loss in a sellers market...They need to at least keep the quality of the machine reputation up.

I hand-picked #833 in hoping that most of their manufacturing 'updates' would be complete by then. It almost seems that they were just pushing machines out the door for end-of-year 2021. I would rather wait an extra month or two to get #833 a solid build. Time will tell.

#2617 2 years ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

I hand-picked #833 in hoping that most of their manufacturing 'updates' would be complete by then. It almost seems that they were just pushing machines out the door for end-of-year 2021. I would rather wait an extra month or two to get #833 a solid build. Time will tell.

Curious, why 833?

#2618 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

im.the Marines..

You're the marines? Holy shit.

#2619 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You're the marines? Holy shit.

I think he is saying "instant message" the marines.

Not sure they are necessary quite yet...

#2620 2 years ago

Hey guys just wanted to answer a couple questions. The shooter rod is finished with 2 coats of poly. Also yes the inset has been changed. I think we are probably at the point any day now that any old stock will be used up if not already there. I will double check next time I am in.

#2621 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Well, we put 40 plays on it after it arrived yesterday, my first impressions, my cabinet is not quite square in the back, you could hear the wood cracking when the leg was Installed trying to smoosh it together, random grey powder or shavings or something inside the cabinet, my backglass and speaker panel are not quite straight either, you have to finagle it to get the glass out, head decals have some slight peeling at corners, which will probably get worse. My GNR sitting right next to it, and my sterns have a nice T molding for a nice finished look with the art slightly recessed , I'd recommend spooky change to this in the future. Also..I don't have a # plaque on my speaker panel, looks like they forgot mine. The shooter housing really should be powder coated to match everything else. The knife shooter handle is a seemingly poor quality unfinished wood. I don't think it will hold up well over time. It should at least be sealed, or changed to a composite material later on. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be rules cards included, if so I don't have those either, and the lack of a manual is lame, I don't see a downloadable manual anywhere either. Now let's talk about playing. Game played well, not sure what I'm doing yet on it, but I can read up on that. My ball got stuck in sanatarium scoop behind drop Target.. had to shut game off to fix. Got some balls stuck on hedge, had to take glass off to fix. I don't care for the house mode just seemingly going on forever..I could not hit the spinners well..and it doesn't time our so your just stuck completing...or draining. I don't see this being a good game for a location, it would not be enjoyable with all the other games on, loud people, lights etc. A quiet home environment seems fitting for it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My apologies. We will get you patched up!

#2622 2 years ago

Mine is on the line right now and I’m really hoping Im not impacted by the quality control issues from the past few weeks. This is my family’s first home pin and reading a few recent deliveries has me nervous.

#2623 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

Mine is on the line right now and I’m really hoping Im not impacted by the quality control issues from the past few weeks. This is my family’s first home pin and reading a few recent deliveries has me nervous.

We completed and shipped 64 games in the last 2 weeks. Even with 3 or 4 with some issues that's 60 that set up with 0 issues and are playing away! We are obviously looking to get that number to perfect and that's why we continue to invest in our QC staff! Sometimes it can feel like there are many issues but often times we forget how many arrive perfectly

#2624 2 years ago

A few weeks ago I received an email from Spooky support telling me that the pumpkin flasher issue was being addressed. I constantly worry about about those exposed wires being hit. I worry about the flasher being sheared off, the wires breaking or something shorting out when the ball bashes the two socket leads together. Can anyone from Spooky supply some detail to what the fix is or will be? Thanks in advance.

#2625 2 years ago

I dialed my game in have it at about 7 degrees everything works perfectly except the scoop rejects any shot made. I bent the scoop down a bit and that helped temporarily but it just bent right back up.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

#2626 2 years ago

Stop worrying and just put some heat shrink on those wires. It’ll take 2 minutes.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

A few weeks ago I received an email from Spooky support telling me that the pumpkin flasher issue was being addressed. I constantly worry about about those exposed wires being hit. I worry about the flasher being sheared off, the wires breaking or something shorting out when the ball bashes the two socket leads together. Can anyone from Spooky supply some detail to what the fix is or will be? Thanks in advance.

#2627 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

You're going to find no matter the manufacturer they all can have issues. The question really is, does the manufacturer stand behind their product and correct those issues? I've had issues with NIB Stern, Dutch (Big Lebowski), and JJP so it happens no matter what sometimes. I'd say both Dutch and Stern have been excellent, JJP, not so much... Excited to experience Spooky Customer Service (although in a perfect world I never would get the pleasure but the world ain't perfect). Just my two cents...

Jeff

#2628 2 years ago

There is not a single pinball machine in existence that is hassle free. If your going to buy a pin from any manufacturer you should brace yourself for having to dial it in, perform general maintenance / preventative maintenance and repair / adjustments. That is just the nature of pinball. Now, if you had told me that you were planning on buying HWN/UM as your very first machine I’d have recommended that you instead buy a Stern pro that doesn’t have a lot going on in it. These two Spooky titles are full on packed with unique mechs, multiple flippers, multiple playfields, multiple scoops, drop targets, rollovers, optos etc etc etc. You’re going to have to be willing to get under the hood. Everyone here will be willing to help but…there is no whining in pinball. That is isn’t directed straight at you. There is A LOT of whimpering going on in here and it’s frankly surprising. Anyway… learning how these things work and tinkering around is a major part of the hobby AND that aspect can be enjoyable too.

Quoted from miyagiPins:

#2629 2 years ago

#207 on location in northern Ohio. Stop by and play it.
Southland Lanes
6800 W 130th St,
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130

20220114_160935 (resized).jpg20220114_160935 (resized).jpg
#2630 2 years ago

Spooky: Why does it say Player 01, Ball 02? You're never going to have more than 4 players and very unlikely anyone ever sets the game to 10 balls. No need for two digits, it looks goofy.

Also, please make the instruction font a little bigger. Thanks!

#2631 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Stop worrying and just put some heat shrink on those wires. It’ll take 2 minutes.

We have already had club members shear it off and Spooky has something in the works to fix it. It needs to be addressed. Shorting out your 12v line is never a good thing. I have already kicked around the idea of removing the socket altogether but want to see the Spooky fix first. The pumpkin would be much better off directly wired from the rear and suspended from the lower upper playfeild rail. Comet makes connections that would make it a snap if done correctly.

#2632 2 years ago

We have already had club members shear it off and Spooky has something in the works to fix it. It needs to be addressed. Shorting out your 12v line is never a good thing.

Amen. Never a good thing. Many of MPU’s fried that way.

#2633 2 years ago

Just got my invoice from Nitro for 242!

#2634 2 years ago

#198 up and running . My pumpkin lamp has heat shrink already on it.

#2635 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Just got my invoice from Nitro for 242!

Great news! 303 is coming!

#2636 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There is not a single pinball machine in existence that is hassle free. If your going to buy a pin from any manufacturer you should brace yourself for having to dial it in, perform general maintenance / preventative maintenance and repair / adjustments. That is just the nature of pinball. Now, if you had told me that you were planning on buying HWN/UM as your very first machine I’d have recommended that you instead buy a Stern pro that doesn’t have a lot going on in it. These two Spooky titles are full on packed with unique mechs, multiple flippers, multiple playfields, multiple scoops, drop targets, rollovers, optos etc etc etc. You’re going to have to be willing to get under the hood. Everyone here will be willing to help but…there is no whining in pinball. That is isn’t directed straight at you. There is A LOT of whimpering going on in here and it’s frankly surprising. Anyway… learning how these things work and tinkering around is a major part of the hobby AND that aspect can be enjoyable too.

praise.gifpraise.gif

#2637 2 years ago

Oh for sure, my point is that you can also protect it. You don’t need to wait for them to fix it.

We have already had club members shear it off and Spooky has something in the works to fix it. It needs to be addressed. Shorting out your 12v line is never a good thing. I have already kicked around the idea of removing the socket altogether but want to see the Spooky fix first. The pumpkin would be much better off directly wired from the rear and suspended from the lower upper playfeild rail. Comet makes connections that would make it a snap if done correctly.

#2638 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Confused by this entirely what’s AMH as in America’s Most Haunted “Armor” upgrade. It doesn’t make any sense on a Halloween CE build / invoice, what does that have anything to do or indicates that’s the playfield insert is getting fixed ?!
Has Spooky actually commented that they are proceeding with fixing the insert issue ?

I own AMH, I wanted the armor, I asked them to invoice me for the armor upgrade and ship it with the pin, they sent me a new invoice for both and I paid on Monday.

Again, I was in the first 20 available to the public and chose to wait because of the insert - I would not be on the line and paid if the insert wasn't fixed.

#2639 2 years ago

Does the Judith Myers drop target start off in the up position or do you have to hit the target a number of times for it to reset? I haven’t seen it up in the reset position yet.

#2640 2 years ago

It starts off as a ball lock. Hit the target as a skill shot to instantly lock the ball or hit the target five times to lock the ball. Strategically then try to avoid hitting that target again and use the locked ball as a ball save.

#2641 2 years ago

At what point does the drop target go up I guess I should have asked. I’ve never seen the drop target in the up position.

#2642 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

At what point does the drop target go up I guess I should have asked. I’ve never seen the drop target in the up position.

It will go up when you hit the tombstone in the first 5 seconds of a new ball.

#2643 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Curious, why 833?

I like to wait about 2/3rds into a production cycle and to match it with the serial # of my Alien LV and a couple of Frazetta statues I have a COA.

Short answer? I'm weird.

#2644 2 years ago

It will go up when you hit the tombstone in the first 5 seconds of a new ball.

Thank you

#2645 2 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Southland Lanes
6800 W 130th St,
[quoted image]

Will do. Plan to stop by Southland Lanes a few times in early February during a trip to Cleveland. Looks like a great player's space.

#2646 2 years ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Will do. Plan to stop by Southland Lanes a few times in early February during a trip to Cleveland. Looks like a great player's space.

Quoted from jakedistel:

Number 257 here. Anticipating an options email any day now. Starting to feel real now. Haha. From recent experience; how long between the options email and delivery? Patient Spooky direct customer here. Have an upcoming trip the first week in February and hoping that the two events don't intersect. Haha.

#2647 2 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Southland Lanes
6800 W 130th St,
[quoted image]

Played this last night at Southland Lanes. Game is awesome!!! This place is great for your pinball fix with 30 pins on location! Do yourselves a favor, if you are anywhere near this location make the trip, well worth it!

#2648 2 years ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Number 257 here. Anticipating an options email any day now. Starting to feel real now. Haha. From recent experience; how long between the options email and delivery? Patient Spooky direct customer here. Have an upcoming trip the first week in February and hoping that the two events don't intersect. Haha.

#199 here, Spooky communication occurred over Christmas holidays so this may not be as representative but here goes: I got my butter/no butter email 12/21. The invoice email came 1/3 with a due date of 1/18 and I paid it the same day. Was notified my machine was ready to ship 1/4, rec'd on 1/7. Played every day since...

#2649 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

#199 here, Spooky communication occurred over Christmas holidays so this may not be as representative but here goes: I got my butter/no butter email 12/21. The invoice email came 1/3 with a due date of 1/18 and I paid it the same day. Was notified my machine was ready to ship 1/4, rec'd on 1/7. Played every day since...

Thanks for the info, zebpin! Enjoy!

#2650 2 years ago

Greetings! Has anyone else experienced an epileptic Hedge Michael? On occasion Hedge Michael #2 sits and shakes rapidly. There is no issue during the servo test and it stops at times during gameplay. Any thoughts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 16,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 338.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/53?hl=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.