20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 339.
#2451 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I don’t get how people who have a later game get shooter rods on their game before the earlier buyers. The people who got games without them should have had all these shipped to them before any got on the machines on the line. How are you installing and shipping a full pinball game faster to someone then shipping me my shooter rod ?

I’m guessing so they don’t have to ship each owner 2 packages. Pandemic supply issues are effecting everyone. They are eating that shipping cost.

#2452 2 years ago

Former # 78 owner here and I reached out to spooky 2 weeks ago and haven’t received my shooter rod yet either. New owner is Patiently waiting so I’m hoping to get it out to him asap. Spooky please ship - thank you!

#2453 2 years ago

#80 here. No knife handle shooter rod. Spooky, please put me at the bottom of the list, because after careful testing, the game plays fine without it.

#2454 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Best thing for you is to never order a spooky pin again.
You'll be missed, I'm sure.

If they keep releasing unfinished games believe me I won’t ….

#2455 2 years ago

Life is too short to complain about something so trivial. It will get there when it gets there. Go play your games and forget about the shooter rod for a few days.

#2456 2 years ago

haha 2 downvotes for respectfully requesting something as a follow up that is owed to the new owner. Get a life people.

#2457 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Why is everyone attacking llushka85? I didn't read anything unreasonable, he just said he thought he should not have to email, they should be emailing him updates instead on his backorder. That's his opinion on how to operate. Spooky has always encouraged feedback/duscussion. What's the big deal?

Morgoth00 - Glad you spoke up on this. I am very pleased with Spooky games as I currently have 3 in my collection. There's a kind of adoration of Spooky in this thread which can become unhealthy. They're a great company yes, but after a career in manufacturing & logistics, business conditions often turn quickly before perception catches up. We all want Spooky to continue to succeed but squelching feedback can actually hurt their growth, maturation. Doesn't mean I agree with the particular criticism or approach, just find the attacks unnecessary. Now lets let Spooky get back to work!

#2458 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

haha 2 downvotes for respectfully requesting something as a follow up that is owed to the new owner. Get a life people.

I gave you an upvote to try and even it out. No reason for downvotes when John is respectfully asking for what he is owed. I know Spooky will come through!

#2459 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

I gave you an upvote to try and even it out. No reason for downvotes when John is respectfully asking for what he is owed. I know Spooky will come through!

haha thank you - you are a king among men! Rather than email Morgan again, I thought id just drop a quick message on here since the new owner reached out to me asking on the status. Trust me , Downvotes aren't going to ruin my day - just thought it was quite petty.

#2460 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

But I do agree that an email updating me regarding my "backorder CE shooterS" would give me warm and fuzzies.

I agree, this would be awesome.

#2461 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

#80 here. No knife handle shooter rod. Spooky, please put me at the bottom of the list, because after careful testing, the game plays fine without it.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

The game also plays "fine" without lights and much of anything... thats not the point point is you bought and paid for something... you should get whatever that something is. If you don't care about the shooter rod thats on you... I do care about it because thats what I bought and its important to me.

#2462 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

He just seems to be making a big deal about a shooter rod, not one thing about that keeps him from playing his game to the fullest.

To be honest, the original black shooter rod shoots better to the touch. The knife shooter rod is awkward and you have to put the handle straight all the time.

#2463 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Life is too short to complain about something so trivial. It will get there when it gets there. Go play your games and forget about the shooter rod for a few days.

Bet you wouldn’t be talking like that if you were the owner of spooky pinball…

#2464 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

The game also plays "fine" without lights and much of anything... thats not the point point is you bought and paid for something... you should get whatever that something is. If you don't care about the shooter rod thats on you... I do care about it because thats what I bought and its important to me.

Okay

#2465 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

To be honest, the original black shooter rod shoots better to the touch. The knife shooter rod is awkward and you have to put the handle straight all the time.

Can I buy yours off you

Seriously though how long ago did you get yours? I'm #63 and I saw you're #61 so I would think we should have gotten them at around the same time

#2466 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

He just seems to be making a big deal about a shooter rod, not one thing about that keeps him from playing his game to the fullest.

What does playing it to the fullest have to do with what's a big deal to me which is the aesthetic of the game... its why I bought it and bought the CE.

#2467 2 years ago

I would like to know if spooky is shipping the shooters out in order of machine number, or just based on whoever emails. If it was at least in machine order, then people could chime in and the rest of us could get a little transparency on when to expect ours, just like the machines themselves.

#2468 2 years ago
Quoted from freakyvideoguy:

Can I buy yours off you
Seriously though how long ago did you get yours? I'm #63 and I saw you're #61 so I would think we should have gotten them at around the same time

I got it about 3 weeks ago. They have been really good to me.
They posted a Facebook shot of games on the line around the time mine should be on there I was guessing. I posted which one was mine as a joke and they responded in the post with a close up pic of mine with the order sheet and my name taped to it on the line. It was pretty awesome.
20211019_162559 (resized).jpg20211019_162559 (resized).jpg

#2469 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I got it about 3 weeks ago. They have been really good to me.
They posted a Facebook shot of games on the line around the time mine should be on there I was guessing. I posted which one was mine as a joke and they responded in the post with a close up pick of mine with the order sheet and my name taped to it on the line. It was pretty awesome.

That's unfortunate for me I guess. They took care of me with some parts about 2 weeks back, but the shooter rod was not included.

#2470 2 years ago

I'm more interested in getting the new left ramp without the screws that I requested be sent along with the knife handle when those came in.

#2471 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I'm more interested in getting the new left ramp without the screws that I requested be sent along with the knife handle when those came in.

You should be getting 2 ramps. The other ramp is new design on the house playfield so the ball doesn't get trapped behind the drop target.

#2472 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I have an extra ramp with no screws. One was mistakenly sent to my old address. If you pm me your address, I’ll send it to you.

#2473 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You should be getting 2 ramps. The other ramp is new design on the house playfield so the ball doesn't get trapped behind the drop target.

Didn't know about the house ramp. I've never had a ball get stuck there. My issue with getting balls stuck is coming down from the Sanitarium if 2 go in there at about the same time, but a makeshift fix I did a few days ago seems to have worked.

#2474 2 years ago

I got my replacement game #79 recently. My original had arrived with significant cabinet damage and looked to have been dropped by a forklift, although the box was pristine.

I want to commend Spooky for their awesome handling of the situation. They rapidly agreed to cover return shipping, and said they would repair the game, but then ended up making me a new machine. I know the situation could have been much worse for me in that I had signed for the initial delivery without inspecting the contents and seeing the damage. So they really went above and beyond in making sure it worked out.

The game layout is a little quirky and the code is early and has some oddities and unbalanced elements, but my wife and I have really been enjoying it thus far. Looking forward to seeing how it develops and thanks again to Spooky!

20220109_114639 (resized).jpg20220109_114639 (resized).jpg
#2475 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I have an extra ramp with no screws. One was mistakenly sent to my old address. If you pm me your address, I’ll send it to you.

Thanks, but I'll just email spooky and see if they can include the left ramp, plus the other upgraded house ramp I didn't know about, along with the knife handle. Are there any other upgraded parts I should request? I think someone mentioned the springs on the 3 center drop targets were the wrong size. Hard hits on those don't drop them a lot of the time, and I was going to try to figure that out at some point. I did have the rubber break on the upper playfield next to the Michael spinner, but I replaced that with a spare.

#2476 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Thanks, but I'll just email spooky and see if they can include the left ramp, plus the other upgraded house ramp I didn't know about, along with the knife handle. Are there any other upgraded parts I should request? I think someone mentioned the springs on the 3 center drop targets were the wrong size. Hard hits on those don't drop them a lot of the time, and I was going to try to figure that out at some point. I did have the rubber break on the upper playfield next to the Michael spinner, but I replaced that with a spare.

10-364 is the spring number you need. I wouldn’t bother them with that, just the ramp fix. Just pick up a few 10-364 springs from pinballlife with your next order, they’re $0.39.

#2477 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I'd love to see how you react in the face of real adversity. It's a shooter rod for crying out loud how does the rest of your game work?

#2478 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

What does playing it to the fullest have to do with what's a big deal to me which is the aesthetic of the game... its why I bought it and bought the CE.

I can't wait for you to get your shooter rod. Please someone get this guy a shooter rod. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

#2479 2 years ago

I should have my Halloween CE (non butter) in a few days, but I need to push this expense to later in the year.

I haven't thought much about it because a local pinball buddy was going to buy if I needed to wait, but he's got a lead on a grail game he may get instead.

So if someone wants a game now, and doesn't mind a drive to the Nashville area, they can get mine for what I have in it.

#2480 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'd love to see how you react in the face of real adversity. It's a shooter rod for crying out loud how does the rest of your game work?

Doesn't matter how it works... I don't really play my games its not why I buy them. And in fairness I have had a quite a bit of issues on mine but spooky has solved all of them.

#2481 2 years ago

Holy moly! Tons of new posts, must be a code update! Nope…this guy needs his shooter rod that Spooky already told him they will get sent out right away. Jesus. Can we move on?

#2482 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I don't really play my games its not why I buy them.

6FF14422-7350-492F-93D1-918CB2B2286E (resized).jpeg6FF14422-7350-492F-93D1-918CB2B2286E (resized).jpeg
#2483 2 years ago

Lol, I wish we could eject him just for fun. So…he wants the rod to complete the game so he can SELL IT. Cooooool.

#2484 2 years ago

This guys a joke, acting like that for a shooter rod that they said was coming later.

#2485 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I got my replacement game #79 recently. My original had arrived with significant cabinet damage and looked to have been dropped by a forklift, although the box was pristine.
I want to commend Spooky for their awesome handling of the situation. They rapidly agreed to cover return shipping, and said they would repair the game, but then ended up making me a new machine. I know the situation could have been much worse for me in that I had signed for the initial delivery without inspecting the contents and seeing the damage. So they really went above and beyond in making sure it worked out.
The game layout is a little quirky and the code is early and has some oddities and unbalanced elements, but my wife and I have really been enjoying it thus far. Looking forward to seeing how it develops and thanks again to Spooky!
[quoted image]

Is your trick or treat shooter lane sticker blue or is that just a weird reflection?

I probably saw the original #79 sitting in a box when I picked up mine.

#2486 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Bet you wouldn’t be talking like that if you were the owner of spooky pinball…

Ok. I bet you wouldn't be talking to me like that if you were the owner of spooky pinball. What does that matter? I am not the owner of Spooky Pinball so I can say whatever I want.

Quoted from Ilushka85:

Doesn't matter how it works... I don't really play my games its not why I buy them.

What do you buy your games for if you don't play them?

#2487 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

It's what holds his shooter rod collection

#2488 2 years ago

In all fairness, spooky did say they were shipping out right after the holiday break. The guy is just looking for something that is owed to him and you all are all on him like a pack of rabid dogs....damn... tough crowd in this thread.

#2489 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Just moving them around is a pretty good workout.

#2490 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

In all fairness, spooky did say they were shipping out right after the holiday break. The guy is just looking for something that is owed to him and you all are all on him like a pack of rabid dogs....damn... tough crowd in this thread.

Only because of the way he did it, crying like they slapped his mama

#2491 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It's what holds his shooter rod collection

Hilarious!!!

#2492 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Ok. I bet you wouldn't be talking to me like that if you were the owner of spooky pinball. What does that matter? I am not the owner of Spooky Pinball so I can say whatever I want.

I buy them to fill a game room because I like how they look and occasionally someone will play them.. Same reason why people collect things like cars... its not always to drive them.

And again my issue is not the delay in the shooter rod... its that they are putting them on new machines before bothering to send me mine. If they got produced they should have gone out to customers just as quick as they started putting them on new machines on the line.

#2493 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I don’t get how people who have a later game get shooter rods on their game before the earlier buyers. The people who got games without them should have had all these shipped to them before any got on the machines on the line. How are you installing and shipping a full pinball game faster to someone then shipping me my shooter rod ?

If they shipped the new shooter rods to people still waiting for their games, I would understand.

#2494 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

This guys a joke, acting like that for a shooter rod that they said was coming later.

Excuse me for paying them 10k and being upset that they did not provide me with what they said they would have ... but instead took the time to provide it to other customers.

You know what ill cut you a deal.... ill sell you my halloween ce butter right now for 3k.... and you wait till I decide to send it to you.

#2495 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Doesn't matter how it works... I don't really play my games its not why I buy them.

giphy (2).gifgiphy (2).gif
#2496 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Excuse me for paying them 10k and being upset that they did not provide me with what they said they would have ... but instead took the time to provide it to other customers.
You know what ill cut you a deal.... ill sell you my halloween ce butter right now for 3k.... and you wait till I decide to send it to you.

Alright now I feel slighted. This guy gets a standard shooter rod , AND a knife handle shooter rod. I'm just getting a knife handle shooter rod. This is outrageous! lol

All kidding aside, dude you are going to get it. I'm sure of it. You have every right to want it. I'm sorry you felt it necessary to express your displeasure with this many posts.

#2497 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:I buy them to fill a game room because I like how they look and occasionally someone will play them.. Same reason why people collect things like cars... its not always to drive them.

Ferris (resized).pngFerris (resized).png
#2498 2 years ago

It seems to me that if they shipped out all the shooter rods instead of putting them on newly built games, that would only continue the problem for longer and for more people. Sure, the first 150 would get theirs, but the next 150 would then be waiting (or whatever the number is). It would just be a circle. It makes total sense to me for them to build them into new games, and catch up on us early birds when they can.

In my opinion, they did this right. Most companies would have waited to send the entire machine until the shooter rods were available. With the current state of the world and pretty much ALL supply chains being affected, I'm happy they chose to manage it this way. I sure do want my shooter rod too, but I'm also confident that I will get it as soon as they can. In the mean time I am enjoying a fully operational machine. I do not think this is worth getting worked up over guys...they will come. Spooky will not forget about any of us.

#2499 2 years ago

Nothing against the guys who are frustrated by not having received their shooter rod...

...but when someone talks about shooter rods in general, I'm really tempted to channel by inner Jim Mora ("playoffs?!?") or Allen Iverson ("practice?!?").

Of all the crazy shit that us pinball enthusiasts pay too much for / or make "too big a deal" of...shooter rods have to be just about the worst. It's a $0.55 piece of plastic (or wood or...) that is comparable to the toys you get out of a gumball machine.

With that said...I do have my shooter rod for HW. So: na na na na foo foo.

#2500 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Alright now I feel slighted. This guy gets a standard shooter rod , AND a knife handle shooter rod. I'm just getting a knife handle shooter rod. This is outrageous! lol
All kidding aside, dude you are going to get it. I'm sure of it. You have every right to want it. I'm sorry you felt it necessary to express your displeasure with this many posts.

I do not feel it right for a company to provide it to "later" customers before providing it to earlier ones. They have had quite some time to ship this thing out to past customers. I paid ALL of the money for a complete game before others... and yes I accepted the fact that part of my game would be missing til a later date. My expectation is that as soon as that part was available it would go out to me without delay. Instead it has been delayed to me because they are busy building other games... they are always busy building games they are a manufacturing company.

As an early adopter of the game have had to put up with a lot more then the rest of you will have to:

a. Early ramps are bad and have screws sticking out -- new ramp shipped
b. code issues / bugs / etc - typical for most games but the code issues / bugs have not been this bad on other company releases I have had
c. wiring issues / balls stuck in places because wiring in the way , poorly attached , not routed properly
d. Misaligned parts on the game because of initial poor assembly to be corrected in later versions of the game

The list goes on... but again its what I signed up for....

Quoted from Jediturtle:

It seems to me that if they shipped out all the shooter rods instead of putting them on newly built games, that would only continue the problem for longer and for more people. Sure, the first 150 would get theirs, but the next 150 would then be waiting (or whatever the number is). It would just be a circle. It makes total sense to me for them to build them into new games, and catch up on us early birds when they can.
In my opinion, they did this right. Most companies would have waited to send the entire machine until the shooter rods were available. With the current state of the world and pretty much ALL supply chains being affected, I'm happy they chose to manage it this day. I sure do want my shooter rod too, but I'm also confident that I will get it as soon as they can. In the mean time I am enjoying a fully operational machine. I do not think this is worth getting worked up over guys...they will come. Spooky will not forget about any of us.

Nobody said they should have stopped putting them on new games as they built them... I said that 100 shooter rods takes 1 person about a day to ship them out... it wasn't do not put them on new machines till you ship them out... its create a priority to have someone ship these out ... could have been the day they came, the next day, 5 days later, its now been several weeks since they got them and started putting them on new games. They could have long shipped them out. If they don't have enough to ship old customers... that is their problem and should not be at the expense of me. I don't doubt they will eventually ship it to me... I would have just expected good service to follow a fifo process.... after all they build games according to fifo and take full payment for fifo... they don't make you pay for game 100 in full and ship game 500 out at that time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 210.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/50?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.