20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 339.
#2401 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

After only 40 plays I've had a ball "fall" out of the playfield 3 different times after going up the center ramp, landing inside the back of the cabinet. The passive scoop extending beyond the back edge of the pf appears fully enclosed (clear plexi on either side of the metal scoop). Anyone else experience this and have an idea how/where the ball is jail breaking? My initial inspection didn't find an obvious culprit.

Do you have the plastics installed in post #2036 (first photo)? It sounds like you do. Make sure all 4 screws are there holding those plastics in place. If a bottom one is missing the ball will slip out pretty easily.

#2402 2 years ago

Ok.. help me decide. Not sure if I need to jump ship or not. We have a beautiful butter cab CE ultraman.. my wife likes Michael.. should I swap out for a Halloween? Anyone play both? I know code is early.. thoughts?

20211211_185627 (resized).jpg20211211_185627 (resized).jpg
#2403 2 years ago

I would just keep what you have!

#2404 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Ok.. help me decide. Not sure if I need to jump ship or not. We have a beautiful butter cab CE ultraman.. my wife likes Michael.. should I swap out for a Halloween? Anyone play both? I know code is early.. thoughts? [quoted image]

I prefer the Halloween layout. Haha. OK I’m done.

#2405 2 years ago

Happy Wife Happy Life. Do whatever it takes to keep her interested in Pinball.

#2406 2 years ago

The hedge "multib all" insert has been fixed. What a great company.

Here's hoping we don't regret NOT going butter. Timeline still about 2 weeks from invoice and payment to shipping?

#2407 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

The hedge "multib all" insert has been fixed. What a great company.
Here's hoping we don't regret NOT going butter. Timeline still about 2 weeks from invoice and payment to shipping?

That’s great about the insert but what does it look like now lol, as long as the cab is clean and decals are put on correctly it will be fine. Butter is wasted in a line up anyway but nice to have you don’t mind paying for it.

#2408 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Ok.. help me decide. Not sure if I need to jump ship or not. We have a beautiful butter cab CE ultraman.. my wife likes Michael.. should I swap out for a Halloween? Anyone play both? I know code is early.. thoughts? [quoted image]

Looks like you are out of room.

#2409 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Are you a bigger fan of the Ultraman theme than she is of the Halloween theme? If one of you are a big fan of either theme, I would say that's your answer. In my book, Halloween is a huge treat to anyone that is a fan of the film. It nails the theme integration, mood, and feel perfectly. Of course I think Ultraman does the same for it's theme, so really it comes down to which one your family is a bigger fan of.

#2410 2 years ago

I had an occurrence where I completed House Attack, completed 2 modes and was in my 3rd, and started Hedge MB. I'm not sure if I got all of the shots in my 3rd mode, but once Hedge ended, nothing was lit except combos on the loops. I went into the scoop, but nothing happened. I played Judith MB and when that ended, only the combos were lit. Wanted to post, as it's possibly a bug.

#2411 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I had an occurrence where I completed House Attack, completed 2 modes and was in my 3rd, and started Hedge MB. I'm not sure if I got all of the shots in my 3rd mode, but once Hedge ended, nothing was lit except combos on the loops. I went into the scoop, but nothing happened. I played Judith MB and when that ended, only the combos were lit. Wanted to post, as it's possibly a bug.

I thought that was a bug as well, but I believe it's intentional. You raise the three drop targets by hitting combos.

Meaning, you start and finish a mode. The center drops don't automatically raise *unless* you hit a certain number of combos. The combo amount goes up after each completed mode. I think I've missed this because my ball times have been shit and the center drops raise with each new ball, but I had a decent game last night with multiple completed modes. I was only able to raise the center drops by hitting combos.

Anyway, I'm sure there's someone smarter than me who can confirm.

#2412 2 years ago

Halloween #207 & #208 shipped today for those keeping track

#2413 2 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Terrific news. Can anyone advise whyat the latest options email that went out is? Thank you.

#2414 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I thought that was a bug as well, but I believe it's intentional. You raise the three drop targets by hitting combos.
Meaning, you start and finish a mode. The center drops don't automatically raise *unless* you hit a certain number of combos. The combo amount goes up after each completed mode. I think I've missed this because my ball times have been shit and the center drops raise with each new ball, but I had a decent game last night with multiple completed modes. I was only able to raise the center drops by hitting combos.
Anyway, I'm sure there's someone smarter than me who can confirm.

I forgot to mention the drops were down. Ok, what you said makes sense as I haven't gotten that far mode wise. Maybe that's what it was.

#2415 2 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Awesome! I’m CE#317. Wondering if I’m a couple months or more out yet.

#2416 2 years ago

I moved up to #439; starting to feel more real, hearing 200s are shipping.

#2417 2 years ago

#219 has shipped. I should have it in a few days.

#2418 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

#219 has shipped. I should have it in a few days.

Must not be building them sequentially then... I'm at #217 and while I have been asked about butter/no butter, I was told late Jan/early Feb (which is perfectly okay just presenting the facts before I get attacked again for not being "patient enough")...

Jeff

#2419 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Do you have the plastics installed in post #2036 (first photo)? It sounds like you do. Make sure all 4 screws are there holding those plastics in place. If a bottom one is missing the ball will slip out pretty easily.

Thanks Mad_Dog_Coin_op for your response: Both plastics are secure as per post #2036. With this potential cause eliminated I did a thorough inspection of the pf and believe I found the culprit. There is a thin, clear plastic shield with a single mount on the right side of the metal center ramp that is easily deflected (see pic #1 where wood stick shows deflection). Since this is not visible during play I opted for a quick fix applying a small plexi reinforcement to the exterior of the metal ramp wall, bracing the thin plastic shield (see pic#2). Time comes when I need to remove the upper pf's I likely made a more permanent, professional adjustment. Hope this helps other HW owners down the road.

20220111_131900 (resized).jpg20220111_131900 (resized).jpg20220111_142854 (resized).jpg20220111_142854 (resized).jpg
#2420 2 years ago

I'm sorry, but those zip ties holding all the strip lights in place looks really tacky and not what I would expect to see in a $10k machine.

I like to sit on a barstool when playing and I'm hoping my lower position (vs. standing) doesn't result in me being blinded by those LEDs.

Before you all give me a hard time, I'm #251 and am (im)patiently waiting for mine.

#2421 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

I'm sorry, but those zip ties holding all the strip lights in place looks really tacky and not what I would expect to see in a $10k machine.
I like to sit on a barstool when playing and I'm hoping my lower position (vs. standing) doesn't result in me being blinded by those LEDs.
Before you all give me a hard time, I'm #251 and am (im)patiently waiting for mine.

Hey John C. no hard time here. I had taken the top shield over the led strips while trying to address the ball jail-break. With the top shield in place I never really see the led strip how it's fastened. While running, the led show is quite entertaining. From what I've read on this thread, led strips are not the most reliable so easy on/easy off probably makes sense. Just my 2... Before you know it, you'll be enjoying your game, bar stool and all!

#2422 2 years ago

every modern pinball machine is held together with zip ties.

Quoted from John_C:

#2423 2 years ago

And washers…

Quoted from Lopa:

#2424 2 years ago

I don't think gender really matters in this statement. Getting my husband hooked on pinball has been great for my marriage. Star Trek TNG and Godzilla are more his things his thing than mine, but it meant it was an IP he was interested in playing. The result was him playing enough to actually want to compete.

Quoted from Nightmare:

Happy Wife Happy Life. Do whatever it takes to keep her interested in Pinball.

#2425 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

You can barely see them. The LEDs have adhesive, but the zip ties add stability. You can always remove them if they bother you, maybe 15 seconds of effort tops.

#2426 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

^^ This. Hell, the wiring on my TZ is zip-tied to the plastic ramp on the right side. Sometimes, you just gotta do that.
That being said, I do like stability of components, and the wiring on that TZ ramp is super tight. Are the LED light strings that are zip-tied tight and stable, or wobbly? If they're wobbly, then that's bad.

#2427 2 years ago

#198 scheduled to be delivered Friday. Just in time for my 4 day weekend.

#2428 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I really like how this game is turning out but the Death in the driver’s seat mode needs to time out. All the shots are easily makable except for the right loop. An average player is going to have a though time making that shot and the game gets boring quick when that is the only shot left. Having that mode time out would fix that problem.

^^^^^ This. Is there a plan to time out all the modes so player doesn't get stuck indefinitely?

#2429 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

They are shipping them every day! They tell me it takes longer than I want it to!

I don’t get how people who have a later game get shooter rods on their game before the earlier buyers. The people who got games without them should have had all these shipped to them before any got on the machines on the line. How are you installing and shipping a full pinball game faster to someone then shipping me my shooter rod ?

#2430 2 years ago

They told me my shooter(s) would ship two Mondays ago but I have not received it yet (#88)

#2431 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

How are you installing and shipping a full pinball game faster to someone then shipping me my shooter rod ?

They don't have a shooter-rod-shipping-person on staff. Someone has to stop doing their regular job for a while each day to ship some of the backlog. They'll get to you eventually.

#2432 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

They don't have a shooter-rod-shipping-person on staff. Someone has to stop doing their regular job for a while each day to ship some of the backlog. They'll get to you eventually.

That’s not an excuse …. The fact that they have staff to build someone else’s game and didn’t get my shooter rod on my machine before shipping to me isn’t my fault. I paid before everyone else and deserve a complete game. If that means someone stops building games for a day and processes 100 shooter rods then that’s what happens. I used to own an e-commerce company and may warehouse crew of 3 received packages all day and still shipped out 600 packages. We are talking 100 shooter rods. Shouldn’t have taken more then a day.

#2433 2 years ago

You should call the cops.

Quoted from Ilushka85:

That’s not an excuse …. The fact that they have staff to build someone else’s game and didn’t get my shooter rod on my machine before shipping to me isn’t my fault. I paid before everyone else and deserve a complete game. If that means someone stops building games for a day and processes 100 shooter rods then that’s what happens. I used to own an e-commerce company and may warehouse crew of 3 received packages all day and still shipped out 600 packages. We are talking 100 shooter rods. Shouldn’t have taken more then a day.

#2434 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

That’s not an excuse …. The fact that they have staff to build someone else’s game and didn’t get my shooter rod on my machine before shipping to me isn’t my fault. I paid before everyone else and deserve a complete game. If that means someone stops building games for a day and processes 100 shooter rods then that’s what happens. I used to own an e-commerce company and may warehouse crew of 3 received packages all day and still shipped out 600 packages. We are talking 100 shooter rods. Shouldn’t have taken more then a day.</

D1166079-ADFA-462F-AF98-8949E9C73C07 (resized).jpegD1166079-ADFA-462F-AF98-8949E9C73C07 (resized).jpeg
#2435 2 years ago

Spooky's refunded a game for less... if you're THAT bent out of shape, send them a PM...

#2436 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

That’s not an excuse ….

Technically you are wrong here. That is absolutely an excuse.

And frankly, if you did run an e-commerce outfit, you should know better than to piss and moan in public rather than call and be polite about your request. Spooky has the best CS in the biz and I can only imagine the problem here is with your approach.

#2437 2 years ago

I had my shooter rod in about a week for my UM after I reached out. Absolutely #1 in customer service. You can contact them, get your shooter rod, then apologize to everyone for being a fun sucker..

#2438 2 years ago

I can definitely understand the need to get things delivered asap, but you just have to have a little extra patience, and consider the priorities given to certain things. I think building peoples machines and shipping working games out to people is probably a much higher priority right now than a minor cosmetic component on an already fully working game.

Remember, Spooky aren't a huge company like Stern (at least not yet), so I think you do have to cut them a little bit of slack over things like this - I'm pretty damn sure they will all be working their socks off at the moment.

#2439 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Looks like you are out of room.

Naah.. 3 fit perfect in that room. 4 works fine.. and the butter cab had to be on the end. I can fit at least 3 more in my office with my cyberball 2072..

#2440 2 years ago

My priority is getting what I paid for …. Yes I reached out and yes they responded. But I shouldn’t have had to. When I ran an E-commerce company and a customers product was back ordered they didn’t need to call me to get me to ship it. When it came in it went out to the oldest customers first not to the newest like spooky has done.

While this may be a hobby for you it’s a business for spooky and they make money. Stop giving them free passes because they are nice and trying. That’s good of them but they need to step up and should have done this sooner.

#2441 2 years ago

I put a sticky note on my lunch bag. I'll see if we can get one shipped out tomorrow. I know they have been making them the past few days.

#2442 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I had my shooter rod in about a week for my UM after I reached out. Absolutely #1 in customer service. You can contact them, get your shooter rod, then apologize to everyone for being a fun sucker..

No idea what number 1 at customer service means. If you build a good product you don’t need customer service. And every stern game I have bought came complete. Every time I had an issue with a stern in 1 day I had a replacement part sent by them. Never had stern send me an le and tell me it’s missing parts and will ship to me later but to get them later I should reach out and have patience because they have other customers.

You can sit here and say how great spooky is yes they are nice and yes they are responsive. That’s a minimum to be a decent company. Doing that doesn’t make them amazing it means they are doing their part …. You paid them for a product and for them to stand behind it. They do and so do plenty of other companies. If they didn’t they would be jjp….

#2443 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

No idea what number 1 at customer service means. If you build a good product you don’t need customer service. And every stern game I have bought came complete. Every time I had an issue with a stern in 1 day I had a replacement part sent by them. Never had stern send me an le and tell me it’s missing parts and will ship to me later but to get them later I should reach out and have patience because they have other customers.
You can sit here and say how great spooky is yes they are nice and yes they are responsive. That’s a minimum to be a decent company. Doing that doesn’t make them amazing it means they are doing their part …. You paid them for a product and for them to stand behind it. They do and so do plenty of other companies. If they didn’t they would be jjp….

What are you trying to say?

#2444 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

They are standing behind it. You seem like a pretty unreasonable customer, knowing it was a shooter rod that was being shipped later.

How do you like the rest of the pin?

#2445 2 years ago

Wow...have you seen Stern's backorder list

Been waiting for my paid for Zepplin topper for 10 months

Be happy you have a game with a shooter rod. The knife will come.

#2446 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I bought a NIB stranger things from a top distributor and it had a stripped out flipper. Stern never did send me another one per the dist request. The distributor told me they are very slow at sending stuff out. The dist finally sent me one from them, not Stern. Stern took 1 year to send me the UV kit to complete my game. 6 months to send the topper . So let's not make claims about complete games from other manufacturers. But I do agree that an email updating me regarding my "backorder CE shooterS" would give me warm and fuzzies. Same goes for stern who never updated me on anything. I have just given up on expecting that communication style from anyone, anywhere, long ago.

Why is everyone attacking llushka85? I didn't read anything unreasonable, he just said he thought he should not have to email, they should be emailing him updates instead on his backorder. That's his opinion on how to operate. Spooky has always encouraged feedback/duscussion. What's the big deal?

#2447 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I bought a NIB stranger things from a top distributor and it had a stripped out flipper. Stern never did send me another one per the dist request. The distributor told me they are very slow at sending stuff out. The dist finally sent me one from them, not Stern. Stern took 1 year to send me the UV kit to complete my game. 6 months to send the topper . So let's not make claims about complete games from other manufacturers. But I do agree that an email updating me regarding my "backorder CE shooterS" would give me warm and fuzzies. Same goes for stern who never updated me on anything. I have just given up on expecting that communication style from anyone, anywhere, long ago.
Why is everyone attacking llushka85? I didn't read anything unreasonable, he just said he thought he should not have to email, they should be emailing him updates instead on his backorder. That's his opinion on how to operate. Spooky has always encouraged feedback/duscussion. What's the big deal?

He just seems to be making a big deal about a shooter rod, not one thing about that keeps him from playing his game to the fullest.

#2448 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I put a sticky note on my lunch bag. I'll see if we can get one shipped out tomorrow. I know they have been making them the past few days.

Exemplary customer service! This is one of the many reasons we love Spooky.

#2449 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:No idea what number 1 at customer service means. If you build a good product you don’t need customer service. And every stern game I have bought came complete. Every time I had an issue with a stern in 1 day I had a replacement part sent by them. Never had stern send me an le and tell me it’s missing parts and will ship to me later but to get them later I should reach out and have patience because they have other customers.

Best thing for you is to never order a spooky pin again.

You'll be missed, I'm sure.

#2450 2 years ago

This game is fun even on this early code. I'm a little bummed at the quality with the janky decals and my apron is bent as well, BUT, Spooky is mailing s new set of decals and a replacement apron (once supply is there) and I can't really be terribly mad at that. I can play it just fine until the apron shows up and I'd rather some other folks get complete games ahead of my replacement. I'll enjoy it just fine in the meantime

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 49.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 16,926 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/49?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.